Necrosis
    , True Necromancer, Unbound
    Xxzyx
    , Impure Prince, Seas of Change, Winds of Fate
    Quintillius, Paladin of the Red Knight, Run to the North

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Divine Truths (IC)

...What in the world? Fern had not intended to stay out that long. Somewhere she had lost track of time. That was sloppy. Still, far as this priest knows, she had no reason to expect such a missive today. She can only hope the man's reasonable enough to see that. She will set out to the meeting place quickly.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Morana

Morana nods a third time, but this time speaks up. "What of our own Cullings? Is this to be considered part of them, or will we need to attend to both at once?"
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

((Everyone should be in the same place now...))

Vienne finds that she has no reason to distrust anything the man has said- he's obviously quite forthright and blunt, and finds secrets distasteful. He'd only conceal something by stabbing it into enemy's vital organs... if he's being deceitful, someone is probably deceiving him as well.

The veteran looks to Morana, raising an eyebrow.
    "I do not deal with your Cullings- that is in someone else's hands, and will no doubt be separate."

Nestor frowns as Fernalia comes in, quite late- very late indeed. The old warrior crosses his arms and stares her down with a gaze that could stop a chariot, obviously waiting for an explanation.

5. - Top - End - #185

Fernalia enters the room calmly, meeting the man's gaze without flinching. Her tone is calm as she says, "My apologies for my tardiness--I came here straight away as I received your summons. The messenger had trouble finding me it seems."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Vienne

Vienne has questions, but since Nestor has yet to ask for them, she remains silent. She knows his type, and asking questions out of order will only prove to irritate him.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Agamemnon

The giant stays silent as well. Know thy enemy before you strike.

Eclipse, Servant of the Dark God. Servants of the Fallen
    Necrosis
    , True Necromancer, Unbound
    Xxzyx
    , Impure Prince, Seas of Change, Winds of Fate
    Quintillius, Paladin of the Red Knight, Run to the North

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra

Cassandra's eyes evaluate Nestor carefully. Also waiting for him to speak.

I usually pick my lovers for purely physical traits, but he does have some charisma... and experience by the look of him. Plus he worships the physical traits of the goddess... so his physical prowess would by that reasoning be... exceptional.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Nestor shakes his head with disapproval, though apparently not at Fernalia.
    "Acolytes are worthless these days- they can't even run simple errands."
    Fernalia senses that Nestor knows which end of a weapon is which, and what's more, while he may not be at his youngest and most virile, he's no old doddering fool, either. If they fought, he'd put up a tough fight, and would have a good chance at winning.
    "We have information that there is a resistance group in the Gray District, meeting covertly in a bar called the Jester's Stables. We're not certain where exactly they meet within the building, but we believe they maintain a presence there daily, so finding them should be relatively simple.
    "Your goal is complete elimination of this group. Find them and leave none of them alive."

Nestor looks over the five.
    "Typically I would gather more information before sending off a group selected for this task, but as your purpose is to learn to work more independently, and as you have a few who are talented in the area of observation and information gathering, I have left the rest in your hands.
    "I will expect reports of your actions and progress every three days. I do not, however, expect this mission to take much longer than one or two weeks."

Nestor draws out a small box, which he places on the altar.
    "These are for you. Symbols of your service, and required uniform for agents of Moraei. Remove it while doing your tasks, and you will lose your status."
    He opens the box, revealing five charms, which could be easily concealed or attached to any number of articles of clothing. They are small, twisted bands of dark gray and copper wire that faintly suggest at a holy symbol.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Vienne

"With respect," Vienne says, her every tone indicating that she does mean what she says respectfully, "displaying a symbol of authority while working on a covert assignment does tend to defeat the purpose. Can the symbol be worn but not displayed? Hidden under a layer of clothing, for instance."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra

Cassandra looks at the symbols, "A good question... not to mention, lying around in a box like this. I should probably check them just in case no harmful curses have been added by overzealous testers..." She pauses, looking at Nestor, "They are just mundane symbols, aren't they, nothing enchanted?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #192

Fern raises an eyebrow at Cassandra's comments. Other than that, she makes no movements and remains silent; she awaits an answer to Vienne's question; infiltrating a resistance group whilst displaying a symbol of that which they resist would be challenging indeed.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

"As long as they are worn, it is acceptable. You need not wear it openly- but you must wear it."
    Nestor looks to Cassandra impassively.
    "I believe they may be enchanted in some way, which is why it is insisted that they be worn at all time- but what enchantments there are was not specified to me...
    "I would suggest not prying into the matter."

Nestor waves a hand at them.
    "Now be off. We all have our duties to attend to."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra

Cassandra nods to Nestor, "Yes my lord. Your commands are clear. Your suggestion noted."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald