New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A Tale of Dieties - IC

Vampires? In MY Gnomeland?
    Daldar shrugged, "Arright, you'll come with me, and the rest of your followers'll stay here under lock'n'key. No barricades, but if they try somethin', the dogs'll get 'em. So get the cuffs on and we'll get a move-on." He mumbled, scratching his head. The cuffs were still out, but this lightening his workload a bit. So long as the demon was under lock and key, that meant the cult was...technically...just a mob of people. No worship involved if there isn't something to worship, right?

Right. That would work, at least, that would work according to Daldar's relatively polluted logic. He still felt that it would be right to arrest them all and throw them in jail, but he knew things had gotten all politi-cal. What with Gods and cults and the fate of the city and the like, he was just one official. Certainly not the sort who'd possibly decide his people's fate, that was for other officials to do. Especially when those other officials were expendable, and he was him. He valued himself, for some odd reason. Probably another of those countless odd things about him and his people.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Malevo View Post
    Daldar shrugged, "Arright, you'll come with me, and the rest of your followers'll stay here under lock'n'key. No barricades, but if they try somethin', the dogs'll get 'em. So get the cuffs on and we'll get a move-on." He mumbled, scratching his head. The cuffs were still out, but this lightening his workload a bit. So long as the demon was under lock and key, that meant the cult was...technically...just a mob of people. No worship involved if there isn't something to worship, right?

Right. That would work, at least, that would work according to Daldar's relatively polluted logic. He still felt that it would be right to arrest them all and throw them in jail, but he knew things had gotten all politi-cal. What with Gods and cults and the fate of the city and the like, he was just one official. Certainly not the sort who'd possibly decide his people's fate, that was for other officials to do. Especially when those other officials were expendable, and he was him. He valued himself, for some odd reason. Probably another of those countless odd things about him and his people.
    When they got to where Daldar wanted Amon to be at, Amon waited for some kind of sign for him to speak. Certainly something strange was going on. This weird man was not afraid of him just walking out of the fire and offering him power. Amon was wondering exactly what he could do for the city. He wasn't into slaughter and murder. Perhaps he could turn the entire city into an orgy of hedonistic extacy.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gard

Gard laughed as he gave his worshipers, his chosen ones and those with great Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Pride, Envy and Sloth his newly created Enchantment magic. This magic could only be casted by those born with the power but the higher levels of Enchantment had to be learnt.

Gard also created a city on the world, those that worshipped Gard or who died due to Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Pride, Envy or Sloth would be sent their when they died.

2 major + 1 minor.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Romachuk had brooded for the past years allowing his power to grow, and his reapers to grow stronger, and stronger. (Sorry forgot this thread existed in beta thought it had died in Gamma.)
    Thus with a wave of his hand he gifted his people with Necromancy the magic of death, and of power.
    He will then call on Gard. He has a grand idea.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gard

Gard appeared in front of Romachuk.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, Gard. I see you answered my call. Now let us discuss the offer I have for you. You see all the supposed "good" gods are creating planes of peace, and tranqulity for their people's to dwell. While the people's who happen to not quite follow their ideals are trapped forever in Limbo. Now thats not quite fair to them now is it? Tell me Gard what do YOU do with useless detetrius that takes up space? Well, tell me."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gard

"I give it to a mortal and see if they can use it for something important." Said Gard. "Though I presume that isn't the answer you were expecting or looking far."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have assumed correctly. What I plan to do is to create place that will for all intents, and purposes serve as a soul furnace. Turning the otherwise wasted souls that would continually fuel the power of both you, and I. Now, as you may have guessed all the "good" gods wont be happy with this. So, I'm going to expend some of my power to veil it as a place of Judgement, and a place for sinners who have wronged their prospective gods. I will let a steady flow of souls through, but a certain precentage of them will be fed to the immense fires that are innate to the plane. I need YOUR help to make this plane Gard, and I will even expen the majority of power to create it."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gard

"I'm afraid that I'm unable to help you. Though I will argue you case with the good gods, I don't think its the best idea for me to do it. I'm sorry." Said Gard. "Sorry."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "You have assumed correctly. What I plan to do is to create place that will for all intents, and purposes serve as a soul furnace. Turning the otherwise wasted souls that would continually fuel the power of both you, and I. Now, as you may have guessed all the "good" gods wont be happy with this. So, I'm going to expend some of my power to veil it as a place of Judgement, and a place for sinners who have wronged their prospective gods. I will let a steady flow of souls through, but a certain precentage of them will be fed to the immense fires that are innate to the plane. I need YOUR help to make this plane Gard, and I will even expen the majority of power to create it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: FF, you should really check with Raz before doing anything like this. I'm not sure he wants souls to be used as fuel in a (metaphysical or real) furnace...
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-12-07 at 10:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tis fine. I will merely have to divert my power elsewhere. Speaking of which.. Are you interested in Necromancy?"

@ Omnik
    Spoiler
    Show

Its not so much as being used as fuel as being drained into pathetic husks, and tossed aside as "falures for redmeption" it has alotr of RP potential, and it would be made of win. Well EVIL win.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-12-07 at 10:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gard

"Necromancy seems interesting. What are you suggesting?" Asked Gard.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

"Merely that you allow some of my more advanced reapers to teach them appropriately. Nothing more. Nothing less. Consider it a act of good will."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gard

"fine, you can teach my worshippers necromacy." Said Gard.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Romachuk placed his hands together, and smiled in a way that would have made most other deities cringe as he spoke.
    "Eeeexcelent."
    Then Romachuk sent out his First 13 reaoers beings of massive power, and great skill in the art of reaping. Yet their necromancy was how would one put it.... Unrefined, so Romachuk empowered their spellcasting with another TWO MINOR ACTS.

Acts spent so far this turn:
    Spoiler
    Show

2 major to make Necromancy. Them magic of Death, souls, and Entropy.
    2 minors to gift the first 13 with greater spell casting. The first 13 now have a total of 5 minors spent on them, and where created with a major act. Crazy.
    Acts left:
    2 major (one left from last turn.)
    1 minor.
    and 2 ceremonies.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Draco

A great hoar is heard by all divine beings and all those in or near the Dragonian Empire, and from the depths of the Marble Mountain, as it is now called, the great Dragon God rises, flying to the sky. With him comes a torrent of power, ushering the Empire into a new age of advancement and understanding, with a great populational boom and many civic works; the building of many towns and the honing of building skills.

The Dragon God looks over the Empire, by far the greatest and widest kingdom of mortals, and is pleased. My children are doing well. Draco flyes to the skies with amazing speed, feeling his newfound powers, the very powers he was gathering in his long slumber.

"I am awake once again."

-------
    The Dragonian Empire

A counsil was being held, a counsil between the Dragon Lords, to decide the fate of the Empire.

"I say we go out and conquer them all, these inferior mortal tribes. They are nothing compared to our greatness and our power !" - Spoke Inarius, the Aspect of Power.

"No. Rivers of blood will not be the answer." - Replyed Methros, the Aspect of Balance.

"Methros is right, Inarius. There would be no sense to such slaughter." - Daigus, the Aspect of Justice, agreed.

"Let there be friendship. It is that what we lack. We are too isolated, left to ourselves. We must learn from the other mortal tribes, share from their knowledge, and give ours in return. We have only to gain." - Suggested Ardregon, the Aspect of Dreams.

"I agree with Ardregon. Let the mortal tribes have a chance." - Spoke Nairin, the Aspect of Love.

"No ! We must conquer them ! Why share our knowledge, when we can gain theirs with brute strenght ? Let all the rewards be ours !" - Inarius was furious.

"The Great Dragon would not be pleased with such senseless destruction, Inarius. Beware of your words, lest they betray you." - Methros replyed, impassive.

"You seek to defy me, Methros ?" - Asked Inarius, in fury, but his only answer was silence. "Too afraid to answer, weakling ?"

"Enough of this ! There shall be no conflicts inside the Counsil. Calm yourself, Inarius." - Spoke Darigazz, the Aspect of Wisdom, the head of the Dragon Lords. "You did not give your opinion yet, Alexa. What is your view ?"

"The only certain thing for mortals is death. Whatever is the path choosen, that will not change." - Alexa, the Aspect of Death, answered.

"Hum. Then I have made my decision. We have no reason for war. Send forth messegers to every corner of the civilized world. Let us make ourselves known, and hope for the best. Counsil dismissed." - Darigazz flew off, and the others soon followed.

With the Counsil's decision, messegers where sent to everywhere that sentient people lived. They carried messages of friendship, as well as gifts to the rulers and goods and knowledge to trade. The Dragon Lords lay in their distant homes, waiting for the results of the embassadors' missions.

Spoiler
    Show

Three Major Acts used to increase DvR by 1.
    Five Minor Acts used to increase population and civic levels in the Dragonian Empire.

Acts left: 2 Ceremonies.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Romachuk chuckled as he descended to the Planet, and he viewed the mortals that he was unseen to.
    'He considered them petty, violent, and unworthy of the life they so jealously horded.
    These things made him sick.
    So, he broke off one of the many thousands of blades in his sword, and from that he crafted a scythe. This scythe would be the bane of all living creatures sucking the very life force from their bodies, and storing it within the Scythe where it would be corrupted, and twisted to be spawned later as wraiths, and ghouls. And he gifted this to the first, and most powerful of his reapers. With this it would be UNSTOPABLE! (evil dialouge. MWAHAHAHA!)
    Spoiler
    Show

1 major act spent to create the scythe of aeons.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-12-08 at 09:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Leponite Capital City, Vadim

Dellis (pronounced kinda like "Dallas"), put his hands over his face and groaned. He was a novice commander, bearing an eyepatch that covered a deformity he had since birth. He had covered the spot where the missing eye should have been with an eyepatch. He could at least pretend that he used to have two functional eyes.

But that didn't matter now. Right now, he was being assigned as a magistrate of the worst city possible.

Let me get this straight, You're sending me to Ulm to be in charge of the law enforcement there.

The large, heavily set rabbit-man sat behind a table, staring at the young Leponite. As the High Commander of the Leponite Defensive Advisory, his desicion was absolute.

That is correct.

To enforce the law where the only authority is "Boss" Bomba? What is my "duty", to accept bribes from his goons and look the other way? We have no footing there!

Is there a problem with my orders?

Dellis glared at his commanding officer before bowing his head and submitting.

No, Sir.

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone was paying attention, this is where the two minor acts I used last turn went. They went into this young, rather unremarkable officer. I have grand things planned for him.

19. - Top - End - #169

Shouheki

The Spirit Turtle was pleased with its creations - they lived in peace, yet their very existence made the others contain themselves, balancing each other out. This made Shouheki pleased.

Casting its eyes into the Spirit Realm, Shouheki say that, unlike before, some of the spirits were becoming more powerful than the rest - powerful enough to influence the Mortal Realm simply by their presence. They were Arashi, the Sky Asunder; Chisei, Heart of Oceans; Hokori, Dust Drinker; and Jiwari, the Earth Aflame. They embodied the pure essence of the four elements, and they were almost powerful enough to come through the Veil, the barrier between the worlds, unassisted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pool
    Major Acts: 0

Minor Acts: 5

Ceremonies: 2

Used

Minor Acts: 4 - The four elemental spirits (Arashi - Air, Chisei - Water, Hokori - Earth, Jiwari - Fire)

Ceremonies: 0

Pool

Minor Acts: 1

Ceremonies: 2
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Inarius brooded in his cave. Fools, the lot of them. Oh, how he wished he could make them pay.

You want power? Domination? Serve me, and I will make your dreams come true.

Inarius looked up sharply. "Who is there? Who dares to breach my cave?" The grim chuckle came seemingly from beneath him. Greetings, Inarius. You want things, I want things. Perhaps we can help each other. You may call me... Layux. I can give you power beyond even your wildest dreams, mighty dragon. All I want is your service. Bow to me, bend to my will and I will be your slave, Inarius. Together, we can subjugate those who dare to call themselves your masters and all of the weak, the lesser races who should bow to the ultimate perfection - the dragon. What do you say, Inarius? The voice was sweet and seductive, and its honeyed words were incredibly tempting. "We have a deal, Layux."

Layux's savage laughter filled Inarius's cave. Done and DONE! Together, Inarius, we will do great things...
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oghi

Oghi was pleased with the plane he had created with his newfound ally, Ksharn. But he had other things to do on the material plane. So he traveled to his archipelago, to a large, flat terrain the locals called the Plains of Ash; it was so called because it laid in the north of a volcanic island. Most of the region is desolate. However, a small portion of the plain was made fertile thanks to the ash blown from the volcanoes. Compared to the other salamanders, those who inhabited the Plains of Ash had a tempestuous character. Oghi knew exactly what they needed. And so, the Fire God blew in the smoke and ash of the volcanoes to from twelve elementals, collectively known as the Tempest. Those creatures embodied the wrath of nature, the storm and the volcanic eruption, utterly impossible to tame. They roamed free around the islands and the inland sea. However, the salamanders who dwelled in the plains would be able to channel some of the elementals' rage and destructive power with shamanistic rituals. This way, they would become the undisputed masters of the island.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, I'll spend two minor acts to make the 12 tempest elementals, because they would have to be a bit more powerful than level 12. If not, then only one minor.
    One more minor to give those salamanders an affinity with shamanism

---------------------

Pyre Islands

The salamanders weren't nearly as organized as the Dragonians. As there existed no central government, many chieftains received the visit of the imperial emissaries. They were all entertained by the gifts, but most of them were still suspicious of the stranger. In any case, the Empire was far away, and there was no way that it would threaten their domination in the region anytime soon. All the chieftains agreed to maintain some relations with the Dragonians. After all, trade with the outside world could only be beneficial...right?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-12-08 at 02:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daldar led the supposed deity throughout the city, his prisoner bound a very sturdy pair of no-frills manacles. The sort you'd use to imprison a criminal before getting him into proper irons. The trip had been on foot, the fancy new "Wagonmobiles" having yet to become ready for mainstream usage. Granted, with the Chi user's level of authority, he could probably have ordered the entire warehouse district firebombed and been hailed as a hero for rooting out such heresy. But he was a Gnome, and part of him still wanted to find out what made this Devil so interesting, especially since it was a well-known fact that Devils couldn't hold the attention of a proper Gnome for more than a few minutes.

The trip led the duo across several districts, city construction crews working furiously to erect new buildings and lay down cobbles. A few had assembled a Cobbling Machine, which was currently locked in a fierce competition with a Gnome in a rubber suit to try and lay down more cobbles. The contest burst through the streets with a clatter of stone, Daldar and his prisoner following in the rapidly-closing wake. The Gnome officer kept going until the two approached a single structure in the center of the city: A squat, sprawling stone structure ringed with high fortified walls. The front gate, wrought from steel, was open. Various acolytes walked, flew, and hovered inside and out of it. Daldar and his prisoner went inside without any real flair, a series of gemstones glowing as they looked over the press of bodies. Everything went as it should, and the large four-story complex soon opened one of its many doors to them.

The air inside was filled with the smell of sweat and burning bacon, several Gnomes having exploded themselves in the main concourse alone. Several more seemed on the path to it, their backs having been laden with chemicals and various pieces of machinery. The entire concourse inside of the building was a hub of activity, Gnomes garbed in bits of clockwork and machinery running between shop-sized buildings in the complex. Some moved with wagons of materials, others carrying sheaves of paper about the place. The odd "Eureka!" and "I've done it!" rang out across the area, but the two eventually made their way further inside. Moving across countless drab halls, cutting across the quasi-alleys that exited within this city palace/madhouse.

Eventually the scenery changed to relatively bland stone hall guarded by patrolling Gnomes in scale armor, several sporting fancy longswords that looked liable to explode. The Gnomes, with a bit of rushed conversation, quickly moved aside. None of the press of bodies remained here, and in their place were several statues, each one memorializing some previous ruler, as well as their manner of demise. Most involved the words "Testing" or "Experimenting with". At the end of the avenue of statues were several doors, and Daldar ran towards one before loudly banging on it. A bleating sound filled the air, followed by the door swinging open of its own accord. Daldar moved inside with his prisoner, the two entering into a relatively luxurious office. The floor had some sort of synthetic animal skin covering its entirety, and a fire had been set up along the far wall. A wooden desk was one of the few pieces of furniture in the room, the other pieces being three chairs. One of which was behind the desk, and filled with the body of a relatively amused looking Gnome.

A brief exchange of Gnomish words and the Gnome behind the desk looked to the God of the Moon, his shriveled face contorted into a sunken smile, "A God, hmm?" The smiling Gnome took a writ from Daldar, who decided to open his mouth.

"One with a long list of crimes..." The government agent remarked, "The least of which being tax evasion on his property, which he claims is the Moon. The most severe of which is threatening an officer, not to mention...witchcraft."

"Witchcraft?" The Gnome behind the desk, presumably a leader, said. His tongue made a slight clucking sound, one that somebody might expect from a chicken or rooster, "That's quite...serious, don't you think so, Mr...?" He turned to the Devil, obviously unphased by the fact that a giant handsome extraplanar being just got marched into his office unannounced and charged with not paying taxes on a celestial body. If there was one thing the Gnome behind that desk could do, it was remain calm, collected, and completely intent on finding the bottom of the matter.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Daldar led the supposed deity throughout the city, his prisoner bound a very sturdy pair of no-frills manacles. The sort you'd use to imprison a criminal before getting him into proper irons. The trip had been on foot, the fancy new "Wagonmobiles" having yet to become ready for mainstream usage. Granted, with the Chi user's level of authority, he could probably have ordered the entire warehouse district firebombed and been hailed as a hero for rooting out such heresy. But he was a Gnome, and part of him still wanted to find out what made this Devil so interesting, especially since it was a well-known fact that Devils couldn't hold the attention of a proper Gnome for more than a few minutes.

The trip led the duo across several districts, city construction crews working furiously to erect new buildings and lay down cobbles. A few had assembled a Cobbling Machine, which was currently locked in a fierce competition with a Gnome in a rubber suit to try and lay down more cobbles. The contest burst through the streets with a clatter of stone, Daldar and his prisoner following in the rapidly-closing wake. The Gnome officer kept going until the two approached a single structure in the center of the city: A squat, sprawling stone structure ringed with high fortified walls. The front gate, wrought from steel, was open. Various acolytes walked, flew, and hovered inside and out of it. Daldar and his prisoner went inside without any real flair, a series of gemstones glowing as they looked over the press of bodies. Everything went as it should, and the large four-story complex soon opened one of its many doors to them.

The air inside was filled with the smell of sweat and burning bacon, several Gnomes having exploded themselves in the main concourse alone. Several more seemed on the path to it, their backs having been laden with chemicals and various pieces of machinery. The entire concourse inside of the building was a hub of activity, Gnomes garbed in bits of clockwork and machinery running between shop-sized buildings in the complex. Some moved with wagons of materials, others carrying sheaves of paper about the place. The odd "Eureka!" and "I've done it!" rang out across the area, but the two eventually made their way further inside. Moving across countless drab halls, cutting across the quasi-alleys that exited within this city palace/madhouse.

Eventually the scenery changed to relatively bland stone hall guarded by patrolling Gnomes in scale armor, several sporting fancy longswords that looked liable to explode. The Gnomes, with a bit of rushed conversation, quickly moved aside. None of the press of bodies remained here, and in their place were several statues, each one memorializing some previous ruler, as well as their manner of demise. Most involved the words "Testing" or "Experimenting with". At the end of the avenue of statues were several doors, and Daldar ran towards one before loudly banging on it. A bleating sound filled the air, followed by the door swinging open of its own accord. Daldar moved inside with his prisoner, the two entering into a relatively luxurious office. The floor had some sort of synthetic animal skin covering its entirety, and a fire had been set up along the far wall. A wooden desk was one of the few pieces of furniture in the room, the other pieces being three chairs. One of which was behind the desk, and filled with the body of a relatively amused looking Gnome.

A brief exchange of Gnomish words and the Gnome behind the desk looked to the God of the Moon, his shriveled face contorted into a sunken smile, "A God, hmm?" The smiling Gnome took a writ from Daldar, who decided to open his mouth.

"One with a long list of crimes..." The government agent remarked, "The least of which being tax evasion on his property, which he claims is the Moon. The most severe of which is threatening an officer, not to mention...witchcraft."

"Witchcraft?" The Gnome behind the desk, presumably a leader, said. His tongue made a slight clucking sound, one that somebody might expect from a chicken or rooster, "That's quite...serious, don't you think so, Mr...?" He turned to the Devil, obviously unphased by the fact that a giant handsome extraplanar being just got marched into his office unannounced and charged with not paying taxes on a celestial body. If there was one thing the Gnome behind that desk could do, it was remain calm, collected, and completely intent on finding the bottom of the matter.

"I am Amon. Lord of the Moon.. and I am tired of my people being oppressed by such useless laws. My magic is not witchcraft. My people are not vampires, yet. Those are halflings... Please listen to reason."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daldar grinned ferociously, eying the Devil up and making a few quick calculations regarding muscle mass, magical conductivity, and the runes required for the binding process. As far as he was concerned, this case was in the bag. With a pretty bow tied on, too!

"Yet...that's the problem." The Gnome Regionar said, rubbing his temples, "You are doing witchcraft. Sure, you don't have eye of newt, or a child's bottle cry, but...it's still magic. You're still warping reality, without a license! You could very well tear the fabric of this city apart and I assure you, it has happened before, on several occasions. And the Vampires thing...you lot going around, scrawling poetry on public property, seducing fair maidens...sucking their blood out. Sounds like jolly good fun when you read it in a book, but we've dealt with," He pulled the writ up, reading the words carefully, "Vam-py-ren before. Not glorious, at all."

"The property's obviously minor for a Moongod. You can pay us in...Star Metal? Yes, I believe that's in your domain, Amon. Star Metal, right enough. Give us a few hundred pounds of the space stuff, and you'll be able to keep your little planetary property. The other stuff, well, I don't suppose you can think of any alternatives, now can you?"

25. - Top - End - #175

Nasty Border Town of Ulm

Another slow day. Nothing ever happened. Dellis was no more than a figurehead placed there for some pretense of state authority.

There was a knock at his door.

Come in.

A scout wearing leather armor came into the room

There is a small band of odd creatures coming towards the city.

Halfling?

No, sir... We don't know what they are.

Do they know they have been spotted?

No sir!

Very well, prepre one of the larger labor beasts for me. I will take a small group of men to check them out.

Wouldn't the chargers be better? The labor beasts are herbivores and are not violent at all.

They don't know that, now do they. This is just a show of muscle to make sure they won't try to be difficult.

--------------

The dragonians saw the large beast from a long way away. They percieved several smaller shapes moving alongside the behemoth. As they came closer, the dragonians could see that this thing was a gargantuan reptile, supporting it's massive bulk on four thick legs. It's neck and tail were disproportionately long and thin. The beast wore a row of aromred plates on it's back and neck.

It took the dragonians a while to notice the others. There were a band of small furry creatures. Well armed it seemed as well. A group of crossbowmen rode on the behemoth's back and several others were on the ground, armed with finely crafted spears.

One of the furry creatures, wearing a finely crafted set of leather and bone armor and an eyepatch, hopped down from another beast, something like an oversized disproportioned bipedal lizard, and made his way to the dragonians.

Who are you strange people. We have never seen such people as you before. I ask that you state your intentions, for we will suffer no ill will!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

The reapers contiue to hunt the souls of Krrth's people the First One hunting well this year with the new gift of the Scythe magnifying the power he gained from the reaping , and allowing him to transport the souls easier for JUDGMENT at the hands of Romachuk.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Dragonian Group near Ulm

The group stops at the sight of the behemoth, although they are less scared than the leponites might think. The reptilian creature remembered them of the Pure Dragons back in home, and the Pure Dragons had far more reasons to be feared than this behemoth. Still, they said nothing, and just waited. The group's leader, a large dragonian with silver scales and deep shapphire eyes, moved forward, kneeling before the leponite and offering him a present; a box of well-crafted jewelry made from the best smiths from the Empire. The jewelry mostly depicted dragons.

"Hails, furry-people, we come from the far lands of the East, from the mighy Empire of Dragonia. We bring you this as a sign of friendship, and seek to trade goods and knowledge with your people. I am sure we have much to learn from you, and our rulers wish to befriend every other civilized nation in these lands. We come with the blessings of the Great Dragon, and seek to bring no harm, only friendship and joy."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"The property's obviously minor for a Moongod. You can pay us in...Star Metal? Yes, I believe that's in your domain, Amon. Star Metal, right enough. Give us a few hundred pounds of the space stuff, and you'll be able to keep your little planetary property. The other stuff, well, I don't suppose you can think of any alternatives, now can you?"
    "Little worm..." Amon broke out of the manacles easily... "LISTEN TO ME!! YOU HAVE UNTIL THREE NIGHTS TO LET THESE FOLLOWERS OF MINE GO! OR YOU"LL GET YOUR STAR METAL ALRIGHT!" Amon then disappears.

29. - Top - End - #179

Dellis pondered the Dragonian's words for a while as if in thought. He couldn't let them go onto Ulm. Bomba's goons would be waiting to sieze their goods as soon as possible and butcher the rest.

He took out a map from his pocket and said something to one of his soldiers who fetched something from the smaller reptile's saddlebag. Dellis was given a stick of charcoal which he used to mark the map. This he handed to the dragonian.

Follow the paths I highlighted. Also, the marked cities are to be avoided at all costs, do you understand? Including this one behind me.

He turned and mounted his beast and looked at the dragonian one last time.

That is all I can do for you now. I bid you farewell.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you for you advice. Could you give me your name, friend ? I will be sure to remember it. I am Nazz'Rius." - Said the dragonian, still holding the jewelry box for Dellis to pick up, while another dragonian took the map and guarded it safely.