New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: A Tale of Dieties - IC

Oghi

"Huh. That was one strange god. I don't understand why he said he was sorry. Why be sorry? This was hella fun! I hope we do it again sometime. Until then, farewell!"

The god turned into a fireball and flew towards the Pyre Islands.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Chaim's Plot

For nearly a hundred years, Chaim has been working on something. At last the gods begin to feel its pulsating energy. But they still can't tell what it is he's planning on doing. The magical principles which he is using are, frankly, a little beyond what they understand. Leodin has some idea what he's doing, its a mixture of healing magic and raw divine power, but Leodin doesn't know where Chaim is going to get a proper focus for the magic, it'd be nearly impossible to focus that in any ordinary object (or even in an artifact.).
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

The great dragon chuckled at the little creature's bravado, although he didn't seem angry.

"So, Master Gnome, would you kindly tell me how exactly you will claim this very place from the grips of me and my brothers ?"

-------
    Spirits and Dragonians

The dragonian group was astonished to find such strange creatures in such a marvellous place, and even more surprised about the creatures' reactions. Knowing not what to do, the dragonians just stood by, little by little learning to communicate with the kitsune, and sharing from their culture.

-------
    The Counsil of the Dragon Lords

As Inarius exposed his ideas, the other Dragon Lords were absort in thought, using their divine-empowered abilities to see through the eyes of the stars, to hear through the wind, to feel the pain of the mortals slaughtered by the rampart Spirit God. Then, the Head spoke:

Darigazz: "You bring disturbing matters to the Counsil, Inarius, and your chance of attitude is weird, to say the least. However, what you say is true, and I hope the change in you is for the best."

Methros: "Wait, Darigazz. We should not force ourselves into the matters of the other races and gods. They may as well have to recover from this hit alone, to prevent balance."

Nairin: "That may be true, but we need to at least offer our helping hand for those that may need it the most."

Darigazz: "Yes, I understand your concerns. Send forth the fastest messegers to the area around where the conflict happened. Tell them to give the message that we are willing to help, if help is needed. But it is them that must come to us for help."

-------
    Draco

The Dragon King watched the conflict unfold from the sky, flying far above the other gods. He was sad at Shouheki's rampage, a senseless destruction with no meaning and no purpose. However, he did not intervene. When Shouheki was finally subdued and fled, taking the shape of a many-tailed fox, Draco followed the Spirit God.

When Shouheki finally stopped running and enclosed himself in a cocoon-like structure, Draco knew what to do. He lowered himself to where Shouheki was, just outside of his protected space, and whispered into the Spirit God's soul, his low roar bypassing every defense and every protection Shouheki thought he had.

"Do not dwell alone in your sad thoughts, Spirit God, lest you destroy yourself in grief and sorrow. I bring advice, if you are willing to take it."
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Ksharn

Ksharn watches as the rampaging God runs off

That...was different.

*looks around*

And he left us with the mess, too.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-12 at 06:04 PM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Warning! Do not stare at the Gnome in his knickers!

Boddypen let out a "Whut" before looking down, his eyes bulging as he saw that- indeed- his overalls had been removed, leaving him in his knickers. He felt like voicing a few choice words towards the fuzzy woman-thing, but decided that- in the name of peace- he would not hurl them at her. He decided to correct her instead, "Not a halfling, I can tell you that much. Too roguish, not enough smarts. I can tell 'cuz I'm a Gnome, and that means I have this."

He held his right hand up for inspection, the scaled surface looking reptilian. It was a recent addition, and he had yet to figure out just what purpose it fulfilled. "Mutations, the Chi Artists back home tell me it's something to do with my gen-e-tics." He explained, walking from the bed. "Now, where's these clothes you want me to wear?"

Bunkrick looked amongst the crew, the interior machinery going haywire as it was lifted above. "Well, first we have to send up a signal. In the mean time, we'd have to run around and pray the natives can't kill us all. It's got some flaws, I'll admit, but it certainly won't look good for those natives when the rest of us get here! Any opinions on the plan?" Unfortunately, the words 'Me and my brothers' didn't register, and he only heard a question about how they planned to get rid of the natives. Overall it didn't seem that complex to him, seeing as the only other species to be encountered so far were Halflings (Who seemed more political than anything) and the Vampires (Who, as he knew, went down easily enough to a crossbow to the face).

Jebni and Dalgel ascended the remainder of the tower, each level holding many things to take photos of and overcome. Jebni made it to the last level with Dalgel at his heels, the Gnomes making an excellent progress until it came to that part. It was the Trial of Envy, where Jebni's more curious nature led him to nearly fall for the carefully-laid trap. Dalgel saved him in the end, however, by pointing him to the only other door in that chamber. Even then, they barely made it, Dalgel having to carry Jebni near the end.

The chamber they entered was, to say the least, beautiful, the floors were made of gold, platinum and silver, inlaid with diamonds and all kinds of shiny gems. Music filled the chamber, the same kind they heard before, it had taken some time to get used to, it being not so much music as a cacaphony of noise.

Servants filled the chamber, all had claws for hands, yet all were divinly attractive. In the centre of this room, sat a creature of perfect beauty, glorious in every way, it looked like a man, in his early twenties, with eyes that shone of knowledge, power and lust. He was surrounded by the women-things, who were feeding him, combing his hair, rubbing oils onto his perfect body and so on...

Raptus fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face. "My Lord! I bring you these outlanders, they wish to speak with you."

"Yep! Wanna talk with you, 'bout stuff." Jebni declared, and Dalgel's Imageograph took several pictures. The box gave a click-click-whuuur sound before the Gnome imageographer gave a shrug and holstered the device.
    "Stuff?" The Defiled one purred. "Please, be more specific." it said, his voice pure music, reminiscent of lullabies or serenades.
    "Well, this tower of yours, for one. How did you manage to acheive a successful Spirit-Matter transfer?" Jebni asked, his divine blessing letting him resist the temptations of the Defiled One a bit more effectively than Dalgel, who was swaying on his heels.
    "Now why would I share that knowledge? What do I gain?" He said with a smile, rising from his throne, his movement graceful, gliding, perfect.

"I do like rewards."
    "Trading...information?" Jebni asked, a horrified look on his face. "That's...why wouldn't you just share it?!" He asked, confounded on the deepest levels.
    "Maybe it's my little secret? Can't only take in this life, sometimes...you have to give." He said, a playful smile on his lips.
    Dalgel's lower lip quivered, and his mouth opened, ready to spill the beans. Fortunately, Jebni's hand clamped around the less-powerful Gnome's mouth, muffling his words. "What...sort of gifts?" Jebni asked, cocking an eyebrow like one might **** the lever of a Stronginthearm Crossbow.

"Well, for one, maybe your god and I could be friends, that way, we can help eachother, I could give you so...very much." He purred, licking his lips.
    Daldar began to nod his head, but Jebni kept it still with his one hand. "Right, our god doesn't even speak to us beyond divine channels. But I suppose you couldn't hurt us all that much. Now, what is it you want?"
    "Everything, nothing, and all in between." He spoke with a giggle. "If we share one secret, we share them all....we swear loyalty to eachother, for ever."
    "That's a bit of a heavy deal, don't you suppose?" Jebni said, his eyebrow lowering. "I'm willing to set up a trade agreement with you, though. Gnome ships go in, bringing technology in in exchange for money."
    "Why would it be a heavy deal? We each lose an enemy, gain a friend, with all the benefits that brings."
    "Well, when you put it like that..." Jebni said, thinking. "It'll need to be documented, you know. By documenters. And diplomats."
    "Oh, no, I trust you. It just needs to be all documented, with provisions and such. That way neither of us have to be personally involved!" Jebni said, suddenly realizing- with a spark of horror- that he didn't want to offend the thing before him.
    "I like to get personally involved" He spoke, grinning. "But, if you so wish, Raptus is eager to serve."
    "Right." Jebni said, "Now, would it be all right with you if we took some samples while we're here? The properties of some of your buildings are...intriguing."
    "Oh yes, as long as you promise to let me know what you find out." It laughed curtly. "It's a simple procedure really, just put the souls in the materials."
    "...Right." Jebni agreed, "Well, other than that, I don't suppose you have any goods you'd be interested in sharing right away, now would you?" He asked, thinking, "Any...gifts of goodwill?"

"There are so many gifts I could give you...I could teach you so many things...all will come in time little ones."
    "...Right." Jebni agreed, "Well, other than that, I don't suppose you have any goods you'd be interested in sharing right away, now would you?" He asked, thinking, "Any...gifts of goodwill?"
    "There are so many gifts I could give you...I could teach you so many things...all will come in time little ones."
    "Right..." Jebni said, finding himself suddenly possessing the urge to be entirely somewhere else. "Uhh...listen, it's been great and all, and...I don't suppose you'd be interested in, you know, just...zapping us out to the front door, maybe?"
    "Leaving so soon? Very well, if you insist." He spoke, lowering his head, making his way back to his throne. "Raptus will show you out, and deal with your...paperwork?" He said, sitting down, the smile having faded from his lips.
    Jebni nodded, "Right, well, uhh...cya later! Hopefully some traders will be over here in due time, and you'll be at the bleeding edge of Gnomish technology!"
    "I'll be sure to come over sometime, or send one of my little subordinates." He spoke.
    "Sounds like it'd be a...blast!" Jebni said, rapidly retreating after Raptus, dragging Daldar behind him.
    The Defiled One waved at Daldar, giving him a smile. "Step on the pedestal to your left, it should be quite the experience, it's the fastest way down."

Daldar nodded, nearly hypnotized by the Defiled One's words. He gave a sharp twist, Jebni's grip on his robe loosening from the swift motion. Quick as a wink, Daldar bolted for the pedestal, leaping towards it.

As he stepped on it, his body was filled with emotions, his every sense screaming in estacy, he felt pain and pleasure at the same time, the scent of sewage filled his nose, together with the sweetest perfumes. And in a flash, it was over, and he was standing before the tower.

Daldar looked around a bit before being joined by Jebni, the two Gnomes sharing a look with one another. They then looked to the front of the tower before looking towards the crashed wagon, now surrounded by curious onlookers. They left a trail of dust in their wake as they ran from the tower, screaming all the while as they fled this crazy place. Eventually more Gnomes would come in their place, seeking trade and riches amongst these people. Some would stay forever, others would simply visit on their vacations. But, no matter what the intentions, trade was established. An alliance was formed, one of two, but still an alliance and vow of protection.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

"Oh, I see. That is actually a good plan. I'm sorry to say that it would fail here, though. You see, you could be crushed before ever sending any signal. Even if you did, you would soon get caught, and would die horribly. Oh, and no matter how much men you bring, the natives have a decisive advantage in, well, size. And they fly, too. Are you really sure you want to continue with your little plan ? I am sure the natives wouldn't be too shy to trade with your people, if that was an option. There could be much to be learned."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

David and Goliath

The great Khan of the salamanders got up and took the strange "instrument" in his hands. He lifted it with ease.

"Interesting...is it supposed to be a weapon? It doesn't look like one. If it is as dangerous...and powerful as you claim, why are you giving it to me? Maybe it's designed to explode in my hands? IS THAT IT?!"

The khan looked especially imposing.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Uso

Uso frowns as he watches Shou leave. He shakes his head as the shield and spear vanish and he turns towards Ksharn. "Very odd. Thank you for your aid, all of you." He turns to look at the others. "My name is Uso, the Lord of Storms. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to straighten this mess up so my people can return."

With that Uso and the Storm-wraiths set to work. The simple village at the mouth of the river as gone. The small delta that the river had been was now a huge bay, filled with debris and bodies. After the debris had been cleared from the water, what was left proved to be a deep, sheltered bay. The 13 beings brought the Atarns back and helped them start over, assuring them that this trial was over, and they would be stronger for it. Uso personally promised his people this would never happen again so long as they believed in him and offered him their worship, thus empowering him enough to defend them.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

Bunkrick looked at the large dragon before him, various cogs in his head clicking into face. "Oh." He said, before very suddenly realizing his life was on a wire. "And what would the natives have to offer beyond your valuable scales, and the hoards of gold we know you lot keep?" He asked into the speaking tube, before slapping the lid down and looking to the crew.

"<Right, you lot! We gotta send a signal! The captain's out, and that means we gotta send a...blue flare, if I think right. Hut, hut! Get the flares, atta step!>" He yelled in Gnomish, trying to make some encouraging sounds as he waited for a reply from the massive dragon. Which, he now realized, was a native.

"What?!" Pilnig yelped, "It's a sonic amplifier! It's...a really loud whistle, to be blunt. It's much more complex, though, especially considering all the calibrations you can make regarding wavelength, distance, decibel: It's the ultimate whistle!" He said with a note of pride, "You'll never see another one like it...at least until the factory is up and running, then it'll be a household thing."

He thought for several very short seconds before continuing, "And it's not like you'll be able to recreate it or anything without some really precise instruments, and from the looks of your...ships," He said the word haughtily, "You really don't have tools like that."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

The great dragon let out a massive laughter at the gnome's reaction, before continuing:

"We can offer many things, not only material trades but also knowledge. You see, we, the Empire of Dragonia, wish to know better the other civilized people of this land. We only seek for the growth and advancement of our society by absorbing any useful knowledge from the other tribes of the world."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Ksharn and Uso

Of course. My people are just up the river, if your children need help. I don't think they'll cause any trouble, but if your people do visit mine, bring a gift. Food works.

At that Ksharn goes back to his dry spot in the desert and tries to take a nap. Unfortunately, the recent fight and resultant storm soaked his favorite sunning place.

Great. Just great. Now what?
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-12 at 08:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

"Absorbing?" Bunkrick asked, speaking through the tube. The sounds of furiously working Gnomes could be heard through the AMP, the crews inside opening valves and consulting various atlases as to where the direction they should be firing towards. One shattered the glass case to the box containing the flares, another working at an inhuman speed to try and unlatch the launching system.

"As in, you consume knowledge to grow?" He asked, the crew behind him pausing in the revelation. Knowledge was a sacred thing to Gnomes, valued above even life itself. To...eat knowledge, as if it were a foodstuff... it cast a whole new light on Dragons. A very dark tinted light.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

"No, little one, you misunderstood me. We seek to learn from other tribes, adding their knowledges and techquines to our own."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground

The leponite, still trying not to laugh, pointed at a small pile of clothes on the other side of the room.

They're over there, on that table.

She stood up and quickly walked over to the gnome, inspecting his hand.

You say you're not a halfling? Hmm... Halflings never had scales. Neither did they have such awful smelling clothes. You were absolutely filthy when they brought you in, caked in mud and soot. I had to spend a good quarter of an hour on you before you were clean enough for me to put the bandages on.

Still staring at the scales, she shook her head.

Halfling or not, that's what everyone thinks you are. Tread carefully. You might end up upsetting some very important people if you aren't cautious.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Ksharn

Annoyed at missing his nap, and thinking about the storm, Ksharn went back to the Koralis

Alright, listen up. You've got some younger brothers down river. If they show up, don't eat them Send some people to the south and colonize the swamps. I don't want you all bunched up, just in case something happens. Also, if you run across any of the halflings, invite them to stay with you. Those guys can cook.

The Vor looked at each other and shrugged. They weren't going to tell their creator "no" without a very good reason. So, a few thousand packed up and moved south to the swamps, where they build a sister city to Koralis. Zereth Kar Dern, which in the Vor tongue, means "Wet and Stinky, but Don't Blame Us, It Wasn't Our Choice.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 minor act to create Zereth Kar Dern in the swamp lands.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-12 at 09:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

The flare was quickly rammed home into the launch pipe, Bunkrick scratching his chin. "So you want the reward of decades of research with...a few mined stones? A box of dull scales? Excuse me if this doesn't sound like a very good deal..." He muttered into the AMP, biting his lower lip.

"We'll need you to name at least some goods you can provide for technology, before I start suspecting that this is really just a ploy to buy time."

Boddypen drifted to his overalls, quickly putting them on in the record time that can only be achieved by years of work as an emergency technician in the Gnome engineering corps. Of course, the years of muck had been washed away, but they were warm. He wanted to thank the woman, but realized that he still had to try and see who the leader of this place was.

"Right, well, I'd like to see your boss now. With the others, of course. I do hope you weren't lying to me about the others, I really do..."
    Last edited by Darth_Malevo; 2008-12-12 at 08:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Greedy greedy greedy
    "Hey Greedy" Amon told Greedy... In a soothing voice that Greedy felt compelled to obey. "Why don't you... pretend to spread the wealth for your clients so you can look like your a good fatty? I'll make you sweat with the promise of great power and wealth if you obey."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Dragons and Gnomes

The dragon sighed.

"You are not very smart, are you, little creature ? We do not intend to trade knowledge for jewels, we intend to trade jewels for jewels and knowledge for knowledge."

19. - Top - End - #259

She wore that conflicted look again and then bowed her head.

Very well. Follow me.

She led Boddypen out through the doors, down a hallway, down some more stairs and into a large room with a table situated in the middle. Sitting there nervously (probably because of the heavily armed guards positioned at all of the exits) were the other 10 gnomes, clean and presentable.

The leponite led the gnome to a chair at the end, bidding him to sit down.

It shouldn't be long now. Don't go saying anything you will regret, now.

20. - Top - End - #260

Shouheki

The sound og the dragon god's voice easily infiltrated the prison the Grieving Fox had shaped for itself. Raising an ear, Shouheki melted a doorway through the rock and barked out to the waiting god,

"I have listened to the advice of gods before, and it was because of that that I..."

The voice dissolved into a growl, filled with remorse for what it had done. The ground shook as it growled, sounding more like an extended sob.

It took a while for the god to recover itself, and when it did, Shouheki poked its head out the opening, and asked Draco,

"How could I do such an awful thing? I am not a god of senseless violence or death, why would I act as though destruction was everything? I can't understand myself. Am I even fit to call myself a god?"
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Draco

"Yes, you are, my friend. What happened was a misfortune, and a result of you experiencing such destructive thoughts for the first time... It is common to be swallowed by them. But you came back. You are on the right path. Do not deny Destruction. Embrace it. But do not let it loose. That was your mistake. Channel the Destruction, and use It's power to fulfill marvellous things. If you let Destruction loose, you will cause disasters. But if you restrain It, It will slowly rise in you, and the final result will only be worse. The only path is the correct use of Destruction. That is all the advice I can give you, Spirit God. It is your choice if you follow it or not."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dragons with knowledge? Madness!

Bunkrick held his hand up, a sign of pause for the Gnomes behind him. "What sort of knowledge are we talking here? We've got flying machines, weapons that can destroy an entire mountain with a single shot! What can you give us, Dragon, that we cannot produce ourselves?" He asked haughtily.

Perhaps being haughty towards a creature that can crush you in an instant is not a very wise idea, but Bunkrick was a Gnome, and that meant you were proud of your intelligence. Sometimes fatally so.

Boddypen sat amongst his brother Gnomes, the surviving crew members lounging about with the social grace of a pack of Dodo birds with their heads chopped off. Several had set about to fiddling with various sizes of lugnuts and bolts, but Boddypen's entrance had made them pause. Several variations of "<Did the signal go up?>" were uttered in Gnomish, and Boddypen shook his head.

"<Not that I saw, though I was unconscious, thanks to a few lazy people in the rear guard...>" Boddypen whispered,
    "<So we're...stranded? Nobody back in the city knows we're out here, captured?>"
    "<Not that I know of, no. The flare could have gone off, but...did any guards suddenly go rushing off?>" The captain asked, scratching his chin.
    "<Not a one. Granted, we're not really in an ideal location for scoping out troop movements, Bod.>" Another of the Gnome survivors put forth.
    "<Well, I suppose we'll have to negotiate our way out of here.>" Boddypen remarked, taking the seat and leaning back. "Let's see who's running this show." He said a bit more loudly, looking amongst his comrades in inventing.

Within the Stone Wagon, abandoned deep in the woods, the last free Gnome of the expedition made his way through the interior. The chaotic landing had destroyed so much of the machinery, and had even activated a few bits he hadn't expected to turn on. Cogs and gears littered the floor, oil staining several spots on the floor. Several holes had been punctured in the stonework from the boiler's launch, and the loss of power had rendered the interior dark. Ruffling through the debris, Finji found what he was looking for.

He vigorously shook it, the baton lighting up as the entrapped pixies were given a rude wake-up call. Eventually they'd break through the sealing, but it'd still last for a few hours. More importantly, it'd be a few hours of bright light. That was more than enough for Finji's job, and he quickly set to it, running along the wagon's various gang planks and clattering down its ladders.
    Last edited by Darth_Malevo; 2008-12-12 at 10:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Intelligent Dragons and Arrogant Gnomes

"You think only about technological, mechanical knowledge, little one. I talk about a deeper type of knowledge. What good is a flying machine to me and my brothers, if we have wings ? What good is a weapon that can destroy mountains, when our very breaths destroy cities ? If you think only about your 'great' technology, then you have nothing to give us either."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Zereth Kar Dern

The Vor that moved here were of mixed feelings about their new home. It was wet, which was nice. That was about the only nice thing about it. They couldn't sun themselves, and things were always trying to eat them. That last was a minor nuisance, as they generally ate those things foolish enough to try. They were extremely happy to find some hot springs near the city. Those springs were quickly included in the plans, and were a favorite spot.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-12 at 11:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

The whole room became silent. The leponite who had entered the room wore a fancy, but practical red coat and a beautifully woven pair of combat breeches as well brass, not gold, cuff-links and buttons. Everything on him was made as if to accommodate luxury and practicality at the same time.

He was especially generous in the belly area, but even though he was *ahem* roundish, his features were handsomely built. ((No, he is not some disgusting potato-like blob. Sorry to disappoint))

The last thing the gnomes noticed was that this leponite stood a four and a half feet tall. He towered over everyone else in the room.

Boddypen heard a whisper from one of the guards.
    <This is the first time I've seen him>
    <Yeah, me too.>
    <Is it true that he hasn't died in, what, a hundred years?>
    <Shush!>

The massive leponite sat down at the end table. He waved his hand, signaling for the guards to leave. When the room was entirely empty, he sat there, staring at the gnomes for a while before speaking.

Eleven...An odd number for a typical halfling entourage. If you had meant to come and try at my life, again, you should have been more subtle about it. However...

He sat back, his fingers pressed against each other.

Halflings do not fly in rickety stone deathtraps, not willingly at least. So...This is what the City of Cogs calls an expedition, hmm? Yes, I know what you are. One does not live as long as I do by being ignorant of one's surroundings.

His face remained expressionless as he talked, his cold stare boring into the Gnomes.

Of course, it all boils down to this. You had the misfortune to fall into my land, and now, like everything else here, I own you, I own the flying machine, I own your lovely box and what's inside it. You see, "the Boss" is not simply my title, it is pure. I am, since other words fail, "The Boss"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

=IF Dragon=Angered, Pants=Need Changing
    Bunkrick considered this, and he considered this with a bit more brainpower than he usually did. "Deeper knowledge? What could possibly be deeper than science?! It is the very foundation of our reality, the very apex of mind power! With it, anything can be achieved. How can there be anything greater than the power of technology, you oversized salamander?!"

It took several seconds before Bunkrick realized what he said, the Gnomes suddenly jolting into action. They jammed the flare into the launch tube, two of them furiously grinding the winch that would direct it towards the City of Cogs. "Uhh...forget that last bit...just a bit caught up in, you know, the moment."

Boddypen considered the last declaration before scratching his neck. "Slaves, hmm? Sorry, but I'm going to have to refuse the offer. I'm already a full-time captain, and from what I've been told down at the docks slavery has piss-poor wages and medical coverage. So, no offense, but I'm not really interested in the whole 'property' schpiel. The offer's generous, but we'll only be staying until we get the wagon fixed. Speaking of which, where did you put the box, and our equipment? They're quite important to us, you see, so we'd like to get them back."

The Gnome captain stood up, brushing his overalls off in an attempt to try and get some filth back on them. "But still, it's been a pleasure meeting you and everything, hope to see you all later....a long later..." He said, fully well intending never to come back here again, even for a brick of adamantium.
    Last edited by Darth_Malevo; 2008-12-13 at 08:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Angered Dragon (?) and Gnomes

The dragon lets out another hearty laughter, and looks intensely to the gnome below him, the weak and frail creature that he could crush by justing closing his clawed fingers over the stone wagon.

"You sure have guts, Master Gnome, to call a dragon an oversized salamander. I appreciate your courage. It seems that our beliefs are fundamentally different... Technology is nothing without proper use. It doesn't matter if you can achieve anything, if you don't know how to use it well. And technology is not everything, there are other types of knowledge. Technology abouts to nothing if you don't have where to use it."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's a tech thing

"What other types of knowledge are there?" Bunkrick asked, the other Gnomes now crowding around the flare launcher. "What use is history? There is only the need for cold, hard science. Behold!" Bunkrick yelled, giving a dramatic wave to the Gnomes behind him.

One of them shoved a length of cloth into the flare launcher's fuse hole, igniting it with a match. There was a fizzle, followed by an explosive bang that caused the entire wagon to rattle. A stream of sparks soared from the rear of the wagon, the flare a shooting star of light as its fuel ignited. The explosive went up at a wide angle, Bunkrick nodding in satisfaction as it ascended into the heavens. "That is science! That is technology, of the sort you claim is pointless!" The captain spat, the AMP causing his voice to echo across the land.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Tech? No use for that

The dragon merelly watched as the gnome spoke and the flare light up. As it went higher and higher into the sky, he said softly:

"Look what I do with your useless science."

With a great roar, the dragon opens his mouth, and a burst of blue flame is spewed forth, engulfing the flare and ceasing it's existence.

"Now, I'm getting tired of this. I will say one last time: if your people wish for friendship and trade, we are here, and we will welcome you. If you come with other thoughts, though, your welcome will not be so pleasant."

30. - Top - End - #270

Bomba

Pointing at Boddypen he barked a command.

Sit down!

The gnome was compelled to sit down as if his legs were suddenly made of lead. As Boddypen slumped down, Bomba continued.

I wasn't making a proposition, gnome, and it might help you to get on my good side if you ever wish to see your filthy hometown again. Bring it in!

Two armored leponites hauled the ornate box in and set it before Bomba.

Beautifully designed, I will give you that, but shoddily made, like everything else the gnomes have. They put function ahead of efficiency, complexety over durability. I suppose you have an explosive charge in here as well. Your people always love blowing things, and yourselves, up.

I can make this very easy for you, very dificult or very awkward. Who has the key, hmm?