New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] - Legends.

Another volley of magical bolts shoot out from Lady Greywater's hand, and burns the attacker's torso. He screams in pain, drops his bow, and charges into the fog while drawing a longsword.

Ahuhi flickers and attacks the bandit. He swings his sword, but the bandit gracefully dodges aside. The opponent follows up with a riposte, and wounds Ahuhi.

The priest tightens his grip around the set of scales symbol around his neck, and chants in a loud voice. His other hand starts making strange gestures in the air, sometimes with a line of energy following his motion.

One arrow strikes Adar in the back while he's charging forth, and locates itself firmly between the plates of his armour.
    Adar, not bothered by the arrow, charges forth and hammers the tree holding a bandit. A large boom fills the air, then a scream, then a thud, then another scream, only this time it's a scream of agony and pain.

Captain Shepard dismounts, and in a fluint motion uses his sword to slash his opponents knees, dropping him flat on his stomach, and with another fluint motion the opponent has a deep scar running across his back. The man screams in agony, and attempts to do a roll backwards. He exposes his back, but is fast enough to get back on his feet and draw a large knife. He slashes out towards Shepard, and hits his already wounded shoulder.
    An arrow strikes Shepard in his right thigh.

Lu Xian moves north, and lets out a strange bolt of what seems to be energy. It strikes the opponent fighting Ahuhi on the side of the head, seemingly crumbling his right side of the face. His entire right side of the head runs red with blood, and his eye doesn't seem to function anymore.

(Adar)
    Spoiler
    Show

The bandit is prone, unarmed and is not getting up. He moves strangely, but you cannot tell why.

(Ahuhi)
    Spoiler
    Show

You don't get additional fire damage if the swing misses, correct?
    You take 10 damage from swing

(Shepard)
    Spoiler
    Show

10 damage total
    Last edited by Xanos; 2009-01-21 at 09:57 AM.
    Hi. I'm Me.

"78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    - Truth be told, the players didn't reach the inn until about 10 minutes into the game.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Shepard

Shepard grunts at the pain, then snarls it away and pokes his blade out, feinting high towards the man's face, then whips his longsword around in a circular loop beneath the man's knife arm. As the bandit flinches, Shepard growls in exultation, grips his sword with two hands, and SLAMS the flat of the blade into the bandit's wrist.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just realized that the damage roll from that Trip follow-up forgot to factor in his +1d6 Sneak Attack: (1d6)[5]

For this turn:
    Move Action: Feint (Bluff check 1d20+11: (1d20+11)[30])
    Standard Action: Disarm (1d20+6[attack roll]+4[feat]+4[twohanded]: (1d20+14)[15]

Edit: NATURAL 1 ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Is it possible to critical-fail a disarm roll? Or does it just apply to normal attacks? If it's a critical failure, is it just a miss? Or is it a fumble? I'll change the text to suit it once I hear word. If it's not a miss or a fumble, there's still a chance his opposed attack could lose to mine.
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2009-01-21 at 07:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Adar ignores his wound, seeming more concerned with Shepard's. The dwarf locks eyes with the Captain- and recognizes what he sees there. This man could take a dozen more arrows, without slowing down. This man is fearless, dedicated to his duty- dedicated to the people under his protection, and nothing is more worthy of respect and trust.

Adar nods once, acknowledging the guardsman's strength, smashes his weapon against the fallen bandit's head, and rides back towards the fog cloud to defend the rest of the convoy.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: ?/55, DDP: ?/5, KC: 4/5, AC 21.
    Test of Mettle: 6 rounds remain.

Standard Action: Use Crusader's Strike on the fallen bandit. Cold, I know. If he counted as Helpless, that costs me one Challenge, but I can live with that.

Attack: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[7], counting my Counterstrike bonuses.

If this attack hits, Shepard heals (1d6+3)[5] damage from Crusader's strike and 2 damage from Martial Spirit.

Move action: Head for the caravan.

Swift action: Burn another Challenge on Test of Mettle, again, trying to get that guy with the sword away from the squishy casters and towards the heavily armored dwarf. DC 15 Will save for all enemies in 100'?

Maneuvers spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show

[1]: Shield Block
    [X]: Crusader's Strike
    [X]: Mountain Hammer
    [2]: Stone Vise
    [G]: Stone Bones

Next round, maneuver (1d2)[1] is granted.
    Last edited by Fishy; 2009-01-21 at 11:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guillaume

Enjoying the protection of the fog, Guillaume is none the less doing his best to keep track of his companions' progress.

Calling on the power of Z'ra, Guillaume completes the enchantment, summoning another helper for these dire times. He immediately refocuses on the other direction, bringing another friend into the battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry - without a map update, I'm guessing which bandits have not yet already been engaged. I'm assuming that the south-most ones are still firing arrows, so it's these that Guillaume is targeting. Lots of if/thens this round - sorry.

Finishing the full-round action of casting SM III. Guillaume will place a fiendish crocodile as close as possible to one of the bandits not audibly in melee - IF any of them were at ground level. If they were all in trees, he will instead be summoning a celestial hippogriff.

He then launches into casting SM II this round, using Metamagic School and Rapid Spell to finish the spell this round. In this case, he's summoning a fiendish wolf if the opponent is at ground level, or a medium fiendish monstrous spider otherwise.

Fiendish Crocodile attack:
    Bite Attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+8)[16]
    Grapple check, automatically attempted on a successful bite: (1d20+8)[24]
    HP 28, AC 15

Celestial Hippogriff (assumes that it starts close enough to the bandit for a full attack):
    Claw 1 attack: (1d20+8)[25]
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage: (1d4+6)[8]
    Claw 2 attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+6)[9]
    Bite attack: (1d20+3)[10]
    Crit confirmation: (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]
    HP 31, AC 16

Fiendish Wolf Attack:
    Base attack: (1d20+4)[15]
    Crit confirmation (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage: [roll]1d6+3[/roll
    Trip attempt if the bite hits: (1d20+3)[12]
    Wolf is: HP 17, AC 14

Monstrous Spider:
    Will take a move action to get up to 30' closer to the bandit, and try to hit him with a web:
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20+4)[9]
    DC 12 to escape, or DC 16 to break - both are full-round actions.
    Spider is: HP 15, AC 14

Guillaume will end the round by encouraging the horse to take a few steps forward in the fog, just so that he's not in the same place where he just cast the spell. (5' step)
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He still takes 5 hp from the holocaust cloak stance, but no damage from the strike no

Ahuhi snarls as he twists from the blade in reflex, snarling and baring his teeth as he swings his blade once more, thick shadow's suddenly leaking from his blade and blade arm.

"Know you the mistake you make today. The Crescent will destroy all you love. And you will be buried with no tombstone!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intiate Clinging Shadow Strike, extra 1d6 points of damage and a DC 15 fort save against a 20% mischance on the enemies next attack

(1d20+4)[16]
    (2d6)[8]

My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lu Xian

Certain that Ahuhi can finish his opponent, Lu Xian moves swiftly to the southeast, closing in on the archer he saw there. With two fingers extended from a closed fist, he draws a low, wide arc through the air and points them at his target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'm a bit disoriented too. But hey, it's simulating the confusion of battle.

Move: Closer to the nearest enemy not engaged by Ahuhi.
    Standard: (1d20+9)[26] ranged touch, (3d6+1)[13] damage

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a theatrical sigh, Lady Greywater spurs her horse towards the man running through the fog in her direction. This man's refusal to die is beggining to irritate her - and the only solution to this particular manner of irritation is for him to burn. Flames blast from Samantha's hands, engulfing the target completely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to within 15 ft, followed by Burning Hands. 5d4 damage, DC 15 Reflex for half, and he's set on fire.
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart