New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Errands for the Hearst (Serenity)

Robyn looks surprised at Anders when he brings the news. "So the owner of the desk is willin' to sell after all? Oh well....makes it easier, I guess. Did mr. Hearst mention who the other party was?" When John returns from the cockpit, she nods. "I have one. I'll bring it after I've suited up."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

"You can use mine. It's still in my bunk, I'll get it." Burt leaves and returns in short order. "It's low on polish, so try not to use it all up."

Burt heads back to his bunk, checks his shotgun, and his more covert weapon. He dons his ballistic vest and returns with his weapons to the mess. "I'm set." As Burt waits, he checks and rechecks his gun, after a while he starts to exude an almost palpable nervous energy.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Gerard takes a quick shower, both to clean up from the sparring at to relax before the mission. He throws some clothes on and secures his pistol underneath his jacket. He eventually makes his way to the mess, where he sits down at the table and taps his fingers across the surface. "So we're all going in, then?"
    I roll 20s

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

After listening to the others as well as waiting for additional information about the situation from Anders, Faith takes a shower, changes her tanktop (both are just black) and calmly re-checks her weapons in the mess before she seats herself on a chair apart from the table. She plugs big headphones into her first Multiband and closes her eyes while listening to the music on it, the volume low enough so that she can still hear the others.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

"You don't all need to go in and get it. Someone should be there to talk nice with Bailey and a few of you to move it and keep guard, just in case. Mr. Hearst didn't mention who this other party was but I doubt they'll be pleased we're beating them to it."

Unless anyone has any other pre-drop preparations to make....

The hours pass by incredibly slowly for the nervous crew. At long last John brings the ship smoothly into the compound's airspace and deftly puts her down on the space pad. Andrews follows you to the cargo bay and drops the main door. He points to the small ground vehicle that comes with the ship: a gator-like ATV with six wheels and sizable bed in the back, enough seats for two with a few more riding in the bed. "Better get going. I'll squawk you if any other ships show up."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

What'll it be? Should I wait here or go in? I usually don't have a good effect on negotiations.

Faith holds it towards the other members of the team and clearly wants a simple, straight answer, judging from her facial expression.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

"That's true, but depending on how upset the other buyer is we might need as much muscle as we can take."

Burt walks over to the ATV, and climbs in the back. "I'm not much of a driver, if someone else would do the honors."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Faith puts the Multiband back on her arm and effortlessly climbs onto the back of the ATV in one fluid motion, fully armed and ready, carrying her weapons in plain sight (except for her pistol). She swallows another pill from the small bag strapped to her waist and waits.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-02-24 at 02:43 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn brings a small bag of "supplies", just in case, and gets onto the vehicle, ready and armed as well. Looking to Burt, she shrugs. "I guess I can get us there without runnin' off the road, but if someone else wanna drive, that's fine."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

John points out It's a mule. They top out at forty if you drop 'em from orbit. Still, he says as he climbs behind the wheel and starts the engine, I hate being a passenger. Hold on. He takes the mule out of the cargo bay, demonstrating a certain fondness for the gas pedal.

It is about as the mule hits the landing pad that something occurs to John. Captain never told us where to find the desk, did he? Or Bailey.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Faith shows another message to Burt. [Please relay] Does anyone of you know military hand signals?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'll let you rumble along a day longer to work out hand signals if you'd like)
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn nods when Burt relays the message. "I do. I was in the army."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Faith forms a circle with her left thumb and index finger while stretching the other digits of the hand straight up, showing Robyn that she also knows them. Basic communication, at least concerning scouting and firefights, is now possible for Faith without her Multiband and that is all she wanted to know.

(OOC: I'm all set now, BTW, no need to wait for me.)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-02-24 at 04:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Burt frowns at the gestures. "I don't know what that means. I guess there's no time like the present to learn." Burt does his best to imitate the gestures, while trying to keep hold of the vehicle so as not to be thrown off by John's lead foot driving.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I was a pilot, not a PBI. I know "Yes", "No", "Cover Me", and "Hit the Gorram Deck".

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Gerard

Gerard runs a quick hand through his hair, turning the uncombed mop into a messy wave. He leaps onto the mule and buttons his shirt as he takes a seat. He reaches into an inside coat pocket and pulls out a tie. "I do love negotiations." He pulls his jacket sleeves into place as he settles into the seat.
    I roll 20s

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

OOG: Anders is the only one left at the ship, right? I'm going to assume the Doctor comes along with you guys unless Loq gets on and says otherwise.

The gator rumbles along and you pull up to the front door of the mansion. A butler type man is standing at the door waiting for you. There are also two armed guards (assault rifles and body armor) flanking the door. The butler approaches the cart, his hands held behind him.

"You must be the ones who are here for the desk. Come inside, Mr. Bailey will be right with you."

He motions for you to enter the house.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Faith memorizes the surroundings and the interior layout while she follows. She reflexively looks for weaknesses in the guards' body armor and spots to take cover, just to be on the safe side.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

John sets the parking brake but leaves the mule running behind him as he heads into the mansion.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Burt climbs down form the back of he mule. He joins the rest of the party and tries his best to look impressive and menacing, so as to discourage any would be attacker. If Bert weren't large and imposing already the attempt would be comical.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn follows inside, lookin' to see who's packin'. She glances behind them, and skywards to see if the competition is nearby.

(I'll be away from Thursday to Sunday without internet access. Actually going on a Firefly larp :) If necessary, please NPC my character.)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Gerard

Gerard straightens out his jacket and strides up towards the front of the party. His hands are jammed into his pockets, giving him an air of confidence. He shoots the butler a roguish smile as he passes. "Thanks. Now we've got some business to do." When he gets a chance he whispers to Robyn, ""Your eyes are better than mine. Let me know if things start looking hairy."
    I roll 20s