New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [RWBY] Icarion Institution

Welcome to Icarion!

The most prestigious private school for Hunters around. Here young prodigies hone their skills under the watchful eye of headmaster Remington and his staff.

The most important thing to note about this school is that it is a PRIVATE one. Students can send in applications to join, but more often than not they're used for starting fires than actually read. And all the staff was approached at one point at another as well, either by the headmaster himself, or his secretary Artsenis. Thus getting into this school is by invitation only. That said, there are policies in place for visitors. Speak to Artsenis to learn more.

School Grounds
    Spoiler
    Show
    The academy itself has about what you'd expect for such a place. Dorms, Main Campus, Gym, Cafeteria, and an outside training grounds.

Of particular note are the gardens, tended to personally by Artsenis. The twisted, maze-like structure is foreboding at best and one could swear they hear whispers. Rumors abound throughout campus that students try their luck in the gardens at night only to never be seen again. More than likely they just transferred or dropped out because of the challenge and used the gardens as an excuse to save face with their friends.
    More than likely.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Note links will go here when available. In the meanwhile short descriptions will suffice.)
    Staff
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Remington - Headmaster! He more or less looks as indicated, but with less armor and more clothes. On his back is a large gun. Those glancing at it would call it an oversized sniper rifle. Those who know better would call it a cannon. He's amiable and fair, though he's not without his vices.
    • Artsenis - Remington's Secretary. A voluptuous and shapely woman who knows it and uses it to her advantage. This secretary's beauty is matched only by her wits and the depth to which her questionable motives sink.

Students

Current Events
    Spoiler
    Show
    The school year is about to start!

OOC Notes & Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Have fun!
    2. The universe here is an evolving one. The series is barely off the ground, so there's a lot of things we're still to discover. We will work in what we need.
    3. That said, this is purposefully deviant from the series itself. We're more interested in a good time here than being canonically accurate.
    4. This is an invitation only RP thread at the moment. There will be room for visitors from the rest of the RWBY universe, and anyone interested in that should PM me.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-09-22 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [RWBY] Icarion Institution

[Secretary's Desk]

"So, Sir," Artsenis says from her cross-legged position of sitting on her desk to her boss. The term 'sir' doesn't seem to sit well with her, and rather drips off of her tongue like a venom. "as things stand now, we have . . ." Artsenis flips the page on her notepad over excessively dramatically, "Absolutely no students."

The desk is very well made. Thick, well laminated, superbly crafted, and made of only the best mahogany from the depths of hell. With three full sized drawers along the side, a pencil drawer just under the main surface, and a phone on the top, the desk is quite a impressive.

Much more impressive, however, is the secretary sitting upon it. Wearing a tight, low cut shirt that accentuates all her voluptuous curves very well, a small dark leather jacket that mostly covers her shoulders, and a tight skirt, the secretary is by far the most noticeable piece in the room. Looking up past the crossed legs and stiletto heels shows the clip-board-notebook-thingy Artsenis is holding with her well manicured nails. Higher still is her face, which does not disappoint. Her hair is mostly light green, except for a small patch above her left eye that is bright orange, and is anime-ish-styled to frame her face nicely. The orangish section of bangs ends at just about mouth-height on her, which causes one to notice that her lips are fairly full, and covered in a bright orange lipstick that matches her hair, and somehow works out well with the rest of her colors. That could be because of her eyes, which are also nearly the same shade of orange.

On top of the desk, next to Artsenis is a sword, about three and a half feet long, but nearly a full foot in width. It's obviously hers.
    Last edited by Mee; 2013-09-22 at 01:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Secretary's Desk]

One might question why the headmaster comes to the Secretary's desk and not the other way around. But there he is all the same, sitting in a chair in front of her.

"Huh? What? I mean, yes of course!" The headmaster laughs out boisterously, his hands taking their place on his belly, a full feature but at least complimentary with the rest of his burly physique.

"It's still summer! HAHA!" That may be true now, but that's quickly coming to a close.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-09-22 at 01:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Secretary's Desk]

One might question why the headmaster comes to the Secretary's desk and not the other way around. But there he is all the same, sitting in a chair in front of her.

"Huh? What? I mean, yes of course!" The headmaster laughs out boisterously, his hands taking their place on his belly, a full feature but at least complimentary with the rest of his burly physique.

"It's still summer! HAHA!" That may be true now, but that's quickly coming to a close.
    [Secretary's Desk]

"Sir," Artsenis says again, slowly, chewing the word around before finally managing to utter it, "It's summer for a grand total of three more days. At least," she continues, adjusting her thick framed, yet still fairly small pair of glasses, "for the schools with students."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Secretary's Desk]

Remington stops laughing and puts on a slightly more serious face, when his eyes don't wander that is. "What? Already? What happened to our recruiting drive? We did have a recruiting drive, right? Oh no wait, we scrapped that. Wasn't that, uh, program of yours supposed to pick out students for us?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #6

[Secretary's Desk]

Remington stops laughing and puts on a slightly more serious face, when his eyes don't wander that is. "What? Already? What happened to our recruiting drive? We did have a recruiting drive, right? Oh no wait, we scrapped that. Wasn't that, uh, program of yours supposed to pick out students for us?"
    [Secretary's Desk]

"My program will pick students for us," Artsenis nearly hisses, her upper lip curling into a hint of a snarl, "but to do that, it needs actual students to reply to our summons and arrive.

So far,"
    she carries on, composure regained, and shifting so her right leg is resting on her left, instead of the other way around, "no one has replied to our summons."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[Secretary's Desk]

"Oh."
    The headmaster mulls this over in his head for a good amount of time.
    "Are you saying... that... we're being actively turned down?! Preposterous! INCONCEIVABLE! ... What should we do about it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #8

[Secretary's Desk]

"Oh." The headmaster mulls this over in his head for a good amount of time.
    "Are you saying... that... we're being actively turned down?! Preposterous! INCONCEIVABLE! ... What should we do about it?"
    [Secretary's Desk]

"That," Artsenis says, inhaling deeply before slowly sighing, attempting to get her flaring temper under control, "Sir, is why we're having a meeting." The sentence is ended with her talking with the same tone of voice one uses generally with a dog who was being very silly. "We could send out more fliers, or you, as headmaster, could call them up, and . . . politely . . ." The expression on her face as she says the last word is one of extreme pain. "Remind them that we still exist."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Secretary's Desk]

"Ohhhhh... I thought you just enjoyed the pleasure of my company." He gives her a wink and a chuckle.

"Hmmm... I guess I coulllld approach them directly. You'd be better at it. It's the face. The sheer manliness of my mustache might intimidate them! HAHAH!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #10

[Secretary's Desk]

"Ohhhhh... I thought you just enjoyed the pleasure of my company." He gives her a wink and a chuckle.

"Hmmm... I guess I coulllld approach them directly. You'd be better at it. It's the face. The sheer manliness of my mustache might intimidate them! HAHAH!"
    [Secretary's Desk]

The look of pain that crosses Artsenis's face for a brief moment at the headmaster's first comment is indescribable.
    So I won't even try.

"I agree, I would be better at is," She's so modest. "However, you are the headmaster. Not me. They'd respond better if it were you."

With that, she places the notepad down, takes off her glasses, and rubs at the bridge of her nose, sad at the sheer imbecility of the people she's forced to work with.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

[Secretary's Desk]

To be fair, they should probably hire a few teachers to work with too.

"Oh well yes, that is true! VERY WELL! I shall take this arduous task upon myself and show you and the world that my tongue is as silver as my gun! HA HAH! Ummm... do we have a first candidate?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I wouldn't mind dropping Rokoran in as a lecturer on the finer points of Aura and Dust. Writing big long discourses on that would be fun. I could run some students too, if you need them.))
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    ((I wouldn't mind dropping Rokoran in as a lecturer on the finer points of Aura and Dust. Writing big long discourses on that would be fun. I could run some students too, if you need them.))
    ((No thank you. We actually do have the student and teacher positions covered and aren't really in need of anything. We're just roleplaying origin story. ))
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-09-22 at 03:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

((No thank you. We actually do have the student and teacher positions covered and aren't really in need of anything. We're just roleplaying origin story. ))
    ((Oh, right. Oops. ))
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

[Secretary's Desk]

To be fair, they should probably hire a few teachers to work with too.

"Oh well yes, that is true! VERY WELL! I shall take this arduous task upon myself and show you and the world that my tongue is as silver as my gun! HA HAH! Ummm... do we have a first candidate?"
    [Secretary's Desk]

Artsenis flips a few pages in her notebook contraption before answering. "He appears to be perfect for our . . . school." Remember, Artsenis: School. "And has a unique fire slash ice fighting style. He lives at" Blahdeeblahdeeblahdeeblah location.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Secretary's Desk

The Headmaster stands. "Excellent!! I shall go there at once! Ohh... and maybe bring some candy to bribe him with! Children love candy!! Right? Children do still love candy, yes?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #17

Secretary's Desk

The Headmaster stands. "Excellent!! I shall go there at once! Ohh... and maybe bring some candy to bribe him with! Children love candy!! Right? Children do still love candy, yes?"
    [Secretary's Desk]

"So then," Artsenis nearly purrs, spinning her glasses around in her hand ever so slowly, "actual candy, or did you mean me?" She asks, fluttering her eyelashes at him slightly.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Secretary's Desk

Well Remington meant actual candy but his train of thought becomes totally lost.

"Well you certainly are eye candy," He says as a goofy grin spreads on his face. "And while I do hate to share, one look at you and students will have to join! Accompanying me is the best idea! I'm glad I thought of it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #19

Secretary's Desk

Well Remington meant actual candy but his train of thought becomes totally lost.

"Well you certainly are eye candy," He says as a goofy grin spreads on his face. "And while I do hate to share, one look at you and students will have to join! Accompanying me is the best idea! I'm glad I thought of it."
    [Secretary's Desk]

With that, Artsenis hops off of her desk, and says "I believe you have all of their locations on a file on your desk.

On second thought, here."
    With that, she hands him her clip-board. "Just use mine."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Secretary's Desk

Remington takes the clipboard and only barely gives it a look. "Must we leave immediately or is there a little... time?" The headmaster knows what he'd prefer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #21

Secretary's Desk

Remington takes the clipboard and only barely gives it a look. "Must we leave immediately or is there a little... time?" The headmaster knows what he'd prefer.
    Secretary's Desk

"Oh," Artsenis says, putting her glasses back on, before running her fingers through her hair to get it out of the bun it was in. "There's time. We have no students yet, after all."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Secretary's Desk

"Excellent!" The headmaster proclaims cheerfully. "Then I recommend a rousing game of campus golf!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #23

Secretary's Desk

"Excellent!" The headmaster proclaims cheerfully. "Then I recommend a rousing game of campus golf!"
    [Secretary's Desk]

Artsenis sighs slightly. She had fully expected that, though she had hoped that this time they'd get to play pool.
    "Yes . . . Headmaster." She can't bring herself to say Sir. "I'll fetch your things straightaway."

With that, Artsenis saunters off on her exceptionally pointy heels off to go fetch their golf-gear.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Secretary's Desk

If she wished to play pool she need but ask! I'm sure Remington wouldn't mind watching how she handles the cue.

Admittedly once students arrive it'll be near impossible to play golf on campus again.

Anyways, Headmaster waits until Artsenis returns before leading the charge to golf. Some hand waving can occur here on how it goes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #25

Secretary's Desk

If she wished to play pool she need but ask! I'm sure Remington wouldn't mind watching how she handles the cue.

Admittedly once students arrive it'll be near impossible to play golf on campus again.

Anyways, Headmaster waits until Artsenis returns before leading the charge to golf. Some hand waving can occur here on how it goes.
    Secretary's Desk -> Golf Course

Some day she'll object, and ask about pool. But until then! Handwaving can occur to speed the golfing process along, ending, presumably, with Artsenis not doing well at all.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

She'll be told to use her hips more and that he knows she can do it! But it ends predictably all the same. And now it's time to go to...

Johan Raueisturm's Abode

And ring the doorbell!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Haus de Raueissturm

is in a pretty little villagette on the edge of town, and the door is opened by...

Good gracious, it's the Kindly Old Lady!
    Or a Kindly Old Lady anyway.

"Yes, dear? Can I help you? Oh, how scandalous, traveling with such a lovely young lady!"

It seems she (a) spotted Artsenis, and (b) has a few bats in that grey-colored belfry of hers.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-09-22 at 09:47 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

28. - Top - End - #28

Dat houce

"We're here to speak with Johan, if he's around. We're from Icarion." Artsenis offers, hopefully before the Headmaster can say anything irreparably terrible.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Da House

"Yer a wizard Harry! Oh. No wait, sorry ma'am. Yes, may we speak to Johan please?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

[Da Hut]

"What? Larry needs his bladder pills again?"
    ...probably best not to ask what she thinks she heard.
    "You lookin' for Johan? Come in, come in, I think the little rascal's probably off on a date or somethin', I'll git ya some coffee.."

And she scutters off to the kitchen, leaving the door hanging open for her guests.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items