New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61

Default Re: IC: White Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Kantur View Post
    But hopefully without it turning out like the one in The Order of the Stick: Origins of PCs....
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to the beauty of metagaming...

"We can always hope."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Faerfen Googan

"Agreed. If our other companions will agree, let's get started, hm?" Faerfen says with a wide grin and an arched eyebrow directed at the remaining chosen.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"But... Are you sure I'm ready?", Deikkas nervously asks.

"How do you know the paint is dry?" The answer came instinctively, and calmed her down... "An experienced painter can just see it is."

"Exactly - and I see you. Prepare yourself, but rest assured... You will find yourself in company soon enough, although the choice will be yours to like them or not."

"Whoever they are, and wherever they're coming from or going to... I'm sure I can make a nice painting out of it."

Deikkas straps on her armour with the help of the Weaponsmaster, bows courteously towards her, grabs her scythe and her bow and stands ready.

"Don't forget to practice your archery! I have a hunch I'll be re-stringing your bow next time we meet if you do!"

Weapon Master Keira smiles while she watches Deikkas set off.

---------------------------------------------

It was a nice day, Asayi thought. Clean air, bright sun, rapidly oncoming pavement...

THUNK

"And don't come back you little bastard! For the last time; my customers do not want to be converted while they're drinking."

"Don't worry, I forgive you, child!"

"Sod off!"

The heavy oaken door of the tavern shut, the bell jangling loudly. Asayi raised himself from the hard road, dusting his armour off. The glowing lights surrounding his bald and beardless head twinkled in their orbit. He sighed slightly. He couldn't understand why people were so adamant against accepting Pelor... Ah well. He'd hoped to get in at least one more convert before he answered his summons.

Later That Day.

"Oh, this training dungeon sounds like an appropriate test for my skills... I would much like to go and destroy the Undead menace, but if it will only take a few hours..."

"Indeed. Your weapons look to be in fine condition, is there anything else you need?"

"I would much appreciate a hand with my armour, actually. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to get someone to help you put some plate on properly around here..."

"Yes... I'm sure."

Asayi's armour is quickly refitted properly, the stiffness in his hips and legs disappearing. He makes a few experimental steps.

"Excellent. Thank you Weapons Master. May Pelor's glory rain down onto you."

He walks out the door confidently, heading towards the training dungeon.

---------------------------------------------

As soon as everybody agrees, you make a quick stop at the armory, after which three of you are taken to the training dungeon. A magic portal transports you into a pitch black room. You don't see or hear anything.
    Last edited by Taffimai; 2008-12-18 at 07:29 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Faerfen Googan

"Ooookay..." Faerfen says as he waits a few beats for his eyes to adjust. Finally he withdraws a sunrod from his pack. "Watch your eyes, gents. I'll strike a sunrod." He waits five seconds for his companions to comply and lights the alchemical item.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Siech nods, making sure to cover Fabion's eyes and sorted his equipment into easy to reach places.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Asayi stood in the darkness of the room for a few moments, saying a silent prayer to Pelor before he would continue. He turns to look at the other arrivals as they entered the room, blinking as one of them lit a sunrod. He wondered for a moment how they would react to him, a well-built Dwarf, dressed in heavy armour inscribed with the scripture of Pelor, beardless and with a shaved head. He smiled at them regardless, giving a short wave.

"Pelor's Blessings-" As he spoke the name of his Deity, warm, glowing lights manifested themselves around his head, his bald top shining as they orbited slowly. "upon you, friends. Is your purpose to conquer this dungeon, as is mine?"
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

7. - Top - End - #67

RedKnightGirl

When Faerfen lights his sunrod it shines brightly for a single moment and then dims. The room cloaks itself in shadow, dimming even the golden aura around Asayi's head.

Fabion lets out a low growl, but before you can do anything else, something that feels like a slimy towel is slammed into your face. Cold wet tentacles slither around your throat and then tighten themselves to strangle you.

The sunrod is only visible as a tiny red speck peering through whatever is wrapped around your head and all sound is muffled.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fabion growls before trying to tear at his attacker with his teeth.

When Siech takes it what's happening around him, he quickly draws his blade and sends it to the thing in front of him in a hard swung arc.

9. - Top - End - #69

Asayi is about to continue, but unfortunately is rudely interrupted by something latching onto his face. "Jxyzqk!" he cries, succinctly. Reaching up with an armoured hand, Asayi attempts to grip the slimy creature, trying to rip it off his head.

Spoiler
    Show

Grapple
    (1d20+3)[8]
    I don't know if I get any bonus for it being smaller or anything.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Faerfen Googan

With a grunt, the gnome reaches up and smacks the creature on his face, then rips it off and tries to impale it on his rapier before it can get away from him. "Garl's blessings on you, as well! Now let's finish this so we can get on to proper introductions!"

11. - Top - End - #71

RedKnightGirl

The dark creatures attacking you look like some unholy hybrid between a bat and a jellyfish, the remnants of a head stuck between two large, pulsating, webbed hands. The 'fingertips' end in strands of shadow, as do the two tails.

Before it has a chance to attack again, Siech cleaves the monster in front of him in half, then poises himself to gauge the situation.

Fabion and his attacker are tied up in a high paced exchange of vicious attacks and furious ripostes, neither one able to gain an edge over the other.

Faerfen and Asayi deftly prie their assailants off, both of which immediately lunge at them again. Asayi manages to dodge, but Faerfen once again gets a faceful of slime and feels the murderous tails slithering around his neck.

The last jellybat, unsuccessful in its previous attempt to envelop Deikkas' head, flings itself at her again only to be met by the pointy end of Deikkas' scythe. It hangs lifeless from the blade.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Faerfen Googan

"ACK!" the gnome gasps as he collapses onto the floor, dropping his rapier and sunrod.

13. - Top - End - #73

Ayasi nimbly steps out of the way of the thing as it attempts to latch onto him again. "dOPENFLANK dFLESHk-dwellFAT!" <Dwarven: Cursed Dark-Dweller!> Drawing his morningstar, he strikes with an overhand blow at the slimy creature, but the spiked metal ball strikes only the stone of the floor, giving off a few sparks.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-12-19 at 01:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Siech trusts his faithful hound to keep it's prey distracted at least while he charges the thing attacking Asayi with a quick swing of his blade.

15. - Top - End - #75

RedKnightGirl

Heroically, Siech dashes across the room and saves Asayi from further attacks by skewering the jellybat on his sword. Unfortunately, the one that was engaged by Fabion lurches after the paladin and so manages to throw Fabion off guard. It manages to smash its body against the dog, who shakes it off without effort.

Leaving Faerfen's limp body on the ground, the third flaps its two wings and clumsily flutters towards the ceiling, 30 feet above you. No doubt it means to take advantage of the impact when it drops down on its next victim.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Muttering something under her breath, Deikkas lets her scythe drop with a loud bang, takes her bow and aims.

"Practice, she says. Will make you better, she says. I'd still rather be" THUNK "painting."

Skewered by the arrow into the ceiling, the bat flaps its wings twice more, and then hangs lifeless, slides down over the arrow, and falls to the floor, bursting open in a pool of slime and gore, thankfully missing Faerfen by a few feet.

Raising her voice now so everyone can clearly hear her:
    "Hail and well met, all of you. Let's wrap this up, shall we?"
    Last edited by Aramilla; 2008-12-19 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Falling damage = 3d6 - Adding more SPLAT.