New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

Scout Task Force #15

Perhaps, but we do not make good neighbors in that regard. We cannot breath in your atmosphere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, that's even the truth! Of course, they can't breath in any atmosphere, because they don't breath...
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Verona looks at the holo screen of Brianna and nods "She wants you to attack in a reverse star pattern on the cruiser to hit its open defense points"

Khan realizes Brianna's hands had been moving "It is useful" Verona says with a smile "They picked the wrong empire to attack"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-07 at 11:47 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

SF 15Oh. Why did you want the world then?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

As we said, it is perfect for our needs. But so are many other planets. The desert planet, for example. Or the 2nd planet from the sun.

The planet indicated is....undesirable. The temperature is hot enough to kill most creatures, the atmosphere is toxic, there is no water...but it has a lot of metals and sunlight.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Battle of the Crossroads

Perhaps. But if there's one thing the last battle taught me, it's never underestimate Khal

Khan smiled at the directions

We have different terminology. No matter. Just think how you want that order to play out. The Aetherlight will notice, and interpret better than I ever could. Besides, you don't know our capacity, or how our weapons work, or... well, any number of things.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-07 at 11:54 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

Hold on. You can't breathe the atmosphere... and yet it's perfect for your needs?

And you want the second planet? Well, no opposition there. We might have added a mine or two, under protection, but nothing more
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh I pride myself on never underestimating a foe" Verona speaks, then pictures the complex maneuver in her mind. The Aetherlight and the other cruiser, assisted by several smaller vessels, all attack the cruiser from its weak points, and blind spots.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

Perhaps there has been some confusion. We cannot breath any atmosphere. We are not like you in our needs. We have found however, that having other species on the same planet as us can cause problems.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The cruiser engages it's Khal opposite, alongside Goh re-enforcements, as Verona imagined. Or almost. It makes slight modifications to her vision

But there is a clear reason for that. The Aetherlight continues over, heading to engage the occupied battleship, as per the governor's original orders.

Verona can actually feel the hum of energy as the summonings start. The Aetherlight is suffused with it... as is the Khal ship, as demons appear everywhere. They are as likely to appear in the midst of warriors as technicians operating the longer range guns. However, where'er they end up, they are ready for battle.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

Oh?

We really need to meet face to face. Unfortunately, all our dignitaries and official lines will be tied up for a while. Khal attack... I ask you...

Spoiler
    Show
    In other words, I'll probably need some help.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Verona felt the energy and raised a crimson eyebrow "What is going on Sorceror? What exactly are you doing?"

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

You need help with the Khal? We have perhaps ten scout ships in this system. We can summon more if you need them.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Fighting those bastards in the best Aetheri fashion

He seems to be focusing on something, but manages a chuckle.

Summoning. All Aetheri can summon demons, and we're summoning them right now, into that Khal battleship

The crash of guns makes Khan laugh

Who needs a boarding shuttle?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Verona nodded and let him concentrate, but her brow had furrowed. Demons? That was never a good sign. She began to wonder if perhaps they had been hasty in acting as friendly as they did.

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

Most kind, but I'm sure it's noting. Just some joke on Investiture...

The Capitan doesn't sound as confident as his words suggest. The broadcast came from a nearby system, comparatively, that judging from Kreel observations on the Aetheri-Goh talks, is probably at the edge of Aetheri space, or near it. If the Khal are attacking, that's where they'll be. The Kreel could get their on their own...

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, the Capitan's an idiot. Sorry, but he had to be RPd that way for... some reason I forgot.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Scout Task Force #15

Really? I would have sworn you received a distress call from a nearby system. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Spoiler
    Show
    And on that note, I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow. Feel free to have some Kreel ships...a few cruisers, a carrier, and perhaps a battleship. All stealthed (including the fighter craft), with rather powerful weapons...show up to help. More details in the Ooc thread.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-08 at 12:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    Verona nodded and let him concentrate, but her brow had furrowed. Demons? That was never a good sign. She began to wonder if perhaps they had been hasty in acting as friendly as they did.
    Khan's smile faded at Verona's silence

I understand. But the demons we bind are bound. They are creatures of the Emphyrian, and are firmly under our control. Not the other way round

Heresy is the the greatest crime in the Aetheri union. And bowing to darkness is the highest heresy imaginable. Might as well worship the Schemer whilst you're at it.

The Aetherlight hits the occupied Khal battleship hard and fast, Aether based guns a blazing. Verona can feel the energy rise with every shot of energy spitting forth.Khan's attack hits the ship before it can stop it's destructive blitzing on the Faaronite ship, leaving it's guns focused there.

The Khal loved that sort of destruction. And the Aetheri knew their foes a bit better now. They knew how to take advantage of a distraction like that.

As the Khal battleship was now fighting three of it's opposite numbers, One Goh, one Faaronite, and one Aetheri it was going to have a hard time indeed surviving this one, superior tech or no.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-08 at 02:32 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

"I apologize if I seem rude" Verona continue's to look out across the battle "It just occured to me that if it ever came time to betray the Goh, you would have no problem doing it....easily. Do not take this as an indicator of my trust level, but I will have to report this to Bria and Emperor Kane...they need to know of your power" she winces internally, fearing that she had upset the delegate.

- SurlySeraph

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Economy: 15
    Industry: 15
    Metaphysical: 0

Stealth ships were sent out of The Peaceful Empire, going far away from it in some cases but staying close in other cases. The purpose of some of these ships were to hack into systems and gather information about the ships.

Fewer of the ships were there merely in order to supply all the other ships with the materials they need and to take away any rubbish the ship produces and does not want to release, where they are.

Even fewer of these ships were sent out to find out if any other nation had stealth technology of similar effectiveness. Those ships were manned by some of the best "shippies" in the nation.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Lar duthin Hli

Three fleets against a Khal raiding squadron - the odds were bad, and Tchaikoan Ycharr Tvari was ready to run. Until Metkhun Resll Shizar loped over to her. "My lady, the Kaharach's orders. If you follow them, we might survive." Tvari flipped through the orders and laughed hysterically. "We'll either die or decimate their fleets - I'm for it."

She used the ship's ansible. This is Tchaikoan Ycharr Tvari - disable the ship's shields. Disable them now!

Seeing the Khal ship's shields drop, the Goh battleship opens fire at it with all guns. So do the UCF frigates, with multiple torpedoes and turrets blazing.

At the last moment, the Lar duthin Hli engages full engines and rolls deftly out of the way of the firepower. The same cannot be said of the UCF and the Goh ships, who find themselves opening fire upon each other.

"Raise shields! Yaikoan Avern, I need you to go do this to the torpedoes - Koan Ycharr Szalri, I need us to broadside those ships heading to the cruiser with everything we've got. Open fire!"

Luthus's Ship

Maximus grinned, then realized that the gunfire had stopped. The alarms to the bridge door went off, and Khal and Vela warriors poured into the bridge. He turned with a snarl, ready to avenge his men, and then the Khal Koan hit him hard. Perhaps his talons couldn't rip through the adamantine armor, but one blow from his great wing broke half the ribs in Maximus's body. The Koan grabbed Maximus's wrists and slammed the warrior into the bulkhead wall with enough force to make Maximus scream. Maximus's axe skittered down the corridor, and the Koan began to teach the Goh exactly why Khal warriors were feared.

The Planet

AA turrets and Goh fighters found even large Khal transports were piloted by Khal - almost impossible to be hit in their chosen element. Khal warriors who landed on the planet found themselves surrounded by alien warriors.

In Khal, the word used to describe alien warriors literally means, "Prey."

Khal love to be surrounded - more prey for the killing, and on both sides of you. Goh warriors charging Khal found that Khal didn't charge bloodthirstily into combat, but blasted you with energy rifles until you charged, then ripped you to shreds when you closed.

Kaharach Tichan

He shook his head. Two battleships and a cruiser against three fleets? No, they couldn't stand there. They would have to retreat or die. No. There's always a third option.

He tapped in the ansible code for Metkhun of the Army Rann Thnor. "Metkhun of the Army, this is Kaharach Tichan. I require that you belay your assault upon the Aetheri and change the coordinates on your jump-rings. This -" he rattled off the coordinates for the Dai-Leok system, "is where you need to go. A Khal squadron ran into three alien fleets, and we need an army to break them. Make the jump, they need you now." Rann Thnor's reply: "Your will be done, Kaharach."
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-12-08 at 09:50 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Krin Conference

Killen replied Mostly space-time magic I'm afraid. what magics do you use?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Peaceful Empire - Contacting Krin

A before undetetced ship suddenly appears on radar and a message is sent to the head of the Krin planet. "Hello, I speak for our government. You are a large nation, yes? We would like to talk to the person or group in charge of Krin, please."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

Khan growls at this, his mind clearly on the battle

It's not tha.. FIREFIRE FIRE

But the old commander is too late, as the Khal ship is too fast for the Aetherlight's guns. Khan groans as he sees the after effects on the two other battleships.

Blast those Houndscum. The Khal never run out of tricks in war

He started speaking over the intercom, the first time the Goh had seen it used. His voice is cool, controlled under fire now.

Scramble all starfighter squadrons. Get bombers in the air Keep up concentrated fire, focus on taking out those damn energy guns. Direct summoners...

The green robed Aetheri pulled Verona to one side at this point, gentle but firm. He's smiling

You worry about our powers? You shouldn't. We're only able to pull this because the Khal are so damn close. If we had given them a chance to properly open up with their bigger guns... but never mind that now. How would you like to see a brighter side of the Aetheric Arts?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-08 at 12:16 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

The Battle

As the battleship drops its shields Commander Direca senses a trap. In her many years of wartime experiance she could practically taste it when a enemy was trying to trick her. She allowed herself to fire, but she locked in her movement ration to stay in formation due to Brianna's instructions.

The gambit paid off and though her attacks slammed into the UDF ship, her ship only took minor damage. Now she was hovering directly above the ship…with no shields. She let loose with everything, practically ripping the aft section apart and causing a calysmatic explosion in the power supply. She smirked as the ship slowly became cripplied as she blew of sections of the gunnery areas.

Brianna Herself brings the noose to a close on the Khal cruiser as she uses her specially modified underbelly cannon to slam directly into the what her intel tells in the armory full of torpedo’s causing the surrounding space to light up in the resulting blue explosion.

Luthus

Maximus coughs up some blood as he feels a rib collapse. Then he smiles…the Khal had underestimated him. He focused his power and caused his specially made armor to change. Adamentine spikes passed through the Khal and Maximus threw its punctured body aside and picked up his weapon.

There were few Khal on the bridge, most being killed by this point in the assault. Luthus activated his wipe protocol long before they had entered, causing the ship to become inert and unresponsive, all important info destroyed. He turns and raises his pistol, blowing the brains out of the Vela before she can react. The Goh captain moved and around him summoned white shields of divine energy.

Luthus then activates his red water power making it practically impossible to hit him. He begins to end the lives of the Khal around him. His fellow crew members follow him in his choice to fight to the end. He knows that they will never take him alive.

Planet

Goh soldiers surround from a distance, like a contempory army and blow the troops disembarking from transports with tanks and artillery. Their planetary command had long since organized the standard army. Magics are called up and brought down on them. Only the very talented or very foolish actually get involved in a melee fight.

- SurlySeraph

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Krin Conference

"We use a Elemental magic core that is fueled by the eternal enchantments of two or more elements, the more elements the more powerful" Dr. Brisba says.

Aetherlight
    Verona nods "I wouldn't mind that if it will be in helping of the battle. You must forgive my impudence, I will need to proberly discuss it with you at a later date"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-08 at 02:31 PM.

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

The aide smiled

Oh, it will. Are you and your guard ready to fight?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-08 at 02:32 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

GorkaMorka

The cry to begin massing weaponry and armour for war, or rather WAAAAGGGHHHH!!!! was met with open arms and cheers. The orky population quickly went about construction the crude technology that would be used to aid them in getting them into space and to wage war with. 'Big Boss' Blokk'ead had consulted with his nobs and they had agreed to lead smaller mobs of orks to their own ends as long as they were all eventually loyal to Blokk'ead, as he was afterall the biggest and the strongest.

Soon, great scrap metal hulks lifted off into the air, carrying countless orks, grots, weapons armour and perhaps a few squiggoths too. The ork pilots, if you could call them that, had no idea exactly where they were going, but that didn't bother them or Blokk'ead, just as long as they found a fight and won it.
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

Verona glances to the four Oathborn remaining with her "I may be without my armor, but my powers will keep me in the fight." Her eyes begin to glow a bright red "There is a reason I am known as the Dragon"

- SurlySeraph

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

The white mage looked her over quickly

True. But preparation never hurt. If you wish a suit of armor or weapons, our armory is open to you. We have some powerful mystic weapons you could use...
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

"Agreed, I will take armor that will allow me to retain my movement...and if you have a long serrated blade that has fire properties I won't say no to that either" Verona nods, eyes still glowing.

- SurlySeraph