New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Galactic CrossFire - Peace/War? Victory either Way!

The crew nods, understanding the theory...if not the application.

Luthus walks to the wall and puts in a complex coordinate beacon then he steps back "There, that should take us to them sir"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

Very well then. Our computers will translate the data and translate to the rest of the fleet. We should jump within the hour. Which, incidentally enough, is about how long it will take us to provide environmental suits for you.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excellent thank you for the help and our personal aid" Luthus salutes and the crew either salute or bow.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

It really isn't that big of an issue. These creatures are near our space as well. I'd rather face them with allies than by myself.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very Well" and Luthus and the others set about morning their dead.

- SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

With the new nav data, the fleet was able to gather together and jump quickly. The fleet entered the system under cloak, and immediately set course for the planet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kreel fleet: 1 dreadnought, 2 battleships, 3 battlecruisers, 10 cruisers, 20 destroyers/patrol/scout craft, 1 command (assault) carrier, and 3 carriers.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-08 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Updated ships.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Space Battle

The Goh and Aetheri were having difficulties until the arrival of the UCF - their magic was fading, for some unknown reason, and their depowered vessels couldn't compete with the Khal in their chosen theatre.

However, the Khal formation was completely broken when the UCF arrived. Lightning reflexes honed by the ice storms of Syrii helped most ships evade, but some ships were badly damaged and many fighters were obliterated.

Now, the battle was a back-and-forth. Khal battleships exploded into flame, but the Khal skill and firepower was enough to drive back the UCF and show the Farronites some respect for the Khal. Technological terrors may be the talent of these aliens, but the Khal were pilots from the egg.

On the flank with the Goh, the Khal ships began to retreat, and one ship shot forward. The battle-damaged Lar duthin Hli, under orders from the Kaharach himself, stood alone against the UCF fleet.

Lar duthin Hli

As the alien ship exploded, taking the brave marines, Ycharr Tvari nodded. "I guess these aliens aren't as bad as we thought - they certainly know how to truly give a warrior's death!"

She hit the console, every nerve throbbing with anxiety and energy. "Glory or death! Launch the modified torpedoes!"

Ycharr Tvari watched as the bundle was shot towards the alien fleet, torpedoes bound together with heavy-duty cord, their controls sparking. Tichan had better know what he was doing with those instructions, or they were dead.

Mith drikn Vwy

"Metkhun of the Army, we have pinpointed the enemy lead ships. Here - here - here. The last will be tricky, it's teleporting all over the battlefield. However, the marines will persevere." Rann Thnor nodded, then activated the ship's ansible. Launch the marines - their targets are marked as follows. Take prisoners - we wish to learn more of our worthy opponents. Krytonite!

Unbreakable, several moments later

"Did you hear something?" A Farronite on level 72 halted its companion. "Your mind's playing tricks on you. Come on." "No, really, there it is again. Like scraping on the hul-"

A black claw punched through the hull, shocking both. Another claw was extended into the rip, and the Khal on the other side literally ripped the hull open. The Farronites rushed off, trying not to be sucked out of the hull. Two pistol shots later, they lay dead on the floor. Six more space marines followed - the elite of the Khal, unstoppable and deadly. Their gravity-boots clicked against the metallic floor as they blasted door after door open, heading to the bridge, splitting up and heading there one by one.

The same scene replays on the lead ship of the Goh armada - seven deadly warriors, ready to seize command.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Lead Ship
    As the Goh magic began to lesson, Brianna cursed liked the sailor she was. She barked "Set the ships on advanced combustion power, switch from the Arc reactors to the FUK-4"

The Fuk-4's were powerful technology, used as a back-up when the Arc's failed, which happened far to often. The Fuk held three days worth of power, but had to be recharged after every use. The rest of the fleet followed suit.

Brianna
    All corridors to the bridge led to one large central room, which acted as a security bulk-head. Being the Princess's flagship, the detail of twenty Oathborn were ready for the Khal, them being alerted by security camera's.

What surprised the Khal the most was the figure in green power armor, silken cloak fluttering. Brianna had given precise instructions to her Second in command, and left to enter the fight.

She pointed to the Khal warriors "I am sure you are uninterested in surrender, and I am uninterested in receiving it" she spoke through a rough translator rigged by a technician "True warriors fight, and die"

With that, as one half of the Oathborn drew their swords. The other half had already had energy rifles drawn. Their volley of fire cut down two of the Elite warriors, who blocked the rest of their comrades from the fire.

With a battlecry, Brianna and her Oathborn charged. They did not surround, but used dual-defense systems, where one would attack while the other would block incoming attacks.

Brianna's first opponent locked arms with her, and gasped in amazement as she rivaled even its great strength "I am Princess of the Goh, daughter of the Sun God, Starborn." her hands light up with green fire "Even your mages cannot stop me, and my strength is threefold of any Goh. Now die!"

(OOC: Just a sidepoint for your next post, The Goh Oathborn are above normal Elite Goh, their the handpicked chosen of the God-Emperor. Also Bria IS that strong, with her bodied severely enhanced by her suit and moreso by her very mutations.

Oathborn will die, but if their were truly on seven, even of these Elite, they are going to be torn down to a man.)

- SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

We've entered the system, and will be within firing range shortly. Would you like to contact your ships so that we may co-ordinate tactics?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Aetherlight

Khan looked over

Yes. I feel it too. As though the Khal were using met...

He is silent for a moment, lost in thought, then barks

That ship! That one, there, look

Simply through meditation, Khan saw the Tech Priest's little ship. The effect was spreading from there, that was the heart of it. The old sorcerer's voice rang out over the ship's comms.

Focus all firepower on that abomination! Keep the Aetherlight locked to current course, use long range guns. Scramble all fighter wings. I want that ship spiraling in the void.

Your will be done, Most High. Shall I inform the Goh?

No. They're busy right now. Take that thing out, quickly, before they know we're onto their little trick.

The Hound would show more mercy, Most High

Spoiler
    Show
    as I put magic as my primary strength, and the men aboard are serving perhaps my most high ranking sorcerer (short of High Chosen), I'm going to say that the Tech Priest's chant is interfering only thus far. Also, they've been summoning demons onto the Lar duthin Hli for quite a while now, in an attempt to disrupt it's opperation... and will continue to do so. Less demons will pop up right now, but there are quite a few already there, and some still will continue to appear...

Boarding Party

The little band sets out bravely, and in spite of their mission, they have a fighting chance. In this maelstrom of energy, one ship, not broadcasting a single signal, manages to slip through the ropes rather well.

Jal spoke. This is going to be dicey. Fighting Khal directly is not a good occupation. But if we can succeed, we might just be able to turn this whole battle once and for all in our favor.

They speed on through the void, and before long, the small group reach their target, their somewhat distracted target, between the Faaronite fleet and the Aetherlight's actions. The Lar duthin Hli

Back in Aetheri space

The fleet jumped into the system, expecting to find itself under Khal attack, only to find... nothing. The massive Khal fleet that was supposed to be jumping here had failed to materialize

Roger, Capitan. Prepa...

Belay that. I've just received a personal order from the High Chosen

The High Chosen!

There is a clink of a glass, and the first officer sighed.

No more time for celebrating, Brann. We've got a mission. Apparently, the only reason the Khal didn't hit us here is that they were busy hitting somewhere else

The seccond in command looked over the co-ordinates with a confused expression Where the hell is this? It's outside of Aetheri space.

Correct. The Khal aren't the only aliens out there, it appears. And the High Chosen is picking sides for us rather nicely.

The figure in synth-leather coat, light armor and barbed cloak smiled, then turned to fleet wide comms.

Inquisitorial High Fleet, this is Inquisitor Lord Drake. At my direction, we are jumping through the Emphyrian, to head into righteous battle against the Khal. And this time, we'll find the bastards.

Be warned, we are to expect heavy fire. All Initiates are to report to the shield focus room, or summoning room immediately, in preparation for arrival. The High Chosen's Will be done!

There is a great cheer throughout the holy fleet, as they engage to Warp Jump. This'd be a battle to remember.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-09 at 01:24 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Luthus

The Captain stood on the bridge, with both Maximus and Cali. They were awed by the fight. Burning wreckage floated through space and the fleets spat fire and plasma at each other. He saw the Goh Fleet directly opposite, through the Khal.

"Well, at the moment Brianna seems to be in a staggered oval, which allows her ships plenty of room to evade getting hit, but I really couldn't tell you how to attack...Wait that one ship is alone, it must be a trap.

I'd attack the mainfleet by slamming into the flank not being hit by the Goh or the UCF, or barring that if you really feel daring, just fly into the middle cloaked and take out those bigger ships that have been being saved my smaller vessels"

Boarding Party

Verona and her Oathborn sat silently. They were watching the battle through a viewscreen. As Luthus's ship exploded, Verona winced slightly. As other Goh ships fought and died, she turned to a sorcerer.

"Are we going to eliminate the mages wrecking havok with our combined fleets? The Goh magic is innate, so it hasn't been effected nearly as much, but it appears that it has effected our Arc reactors."

Spoiler
    Show
    Same as Moral. My magic is more of a radiation, a natural part of our bodies. You can make it harder for us to use, but its our primary perk.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-09 at 06:54 AM.

- SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

Very well then.

*Orders went out, and the fleet went into motion. The first the Khal knew about the Kreel being in the system was when several fighter wings de-cloak while executing a firing run on the capitol ships, just before the first salvo of missiles hit.*

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Peaceful Empire contacting the Kreel

A message was sent to the head Kreel of one of the border worlds. "We believe you have cloaked ships. Good cloaked ships. We would like to see your designs. We could take them another way but we believe this to be the most diplomatic."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Luthus grinned savagely as the surprise attack forced the Khal to scatter, right into the waiting fire of the Goh and the UCF. He activated his communicator "TO Flagship Brutius, this is Captain Luthus. It seems I have found ourselves new allies, they are here to help."

(OOC-About how many ships do you have Raz. At the moment I would put my self at ten fully-functioning or lightly damaged Battleships, 2 cruisers, and three damaged Battleships, and variety of smaller craft. I have three battleships completly destroyed, and one critically injured floating near Dai.)

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Krin conference

Killen nodded well, we might be able to work something out then, ours would let you jump between known or nearby stars much more quickly then usual, and yours would allow some maneuvering on a tactical scale.

krin trading post in Goh space.

After some of the krin learned that the Emperor was mustering his grand fleet (kind of hard to keep secret), one f the leading Krin approaches the commanding officer of the local military installation, asking if they'll require krin assistance.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Mith drikn Vwy

Rann Thnor disliked the orders, but they were from the Kaharach - she had no choice.

All ships fall back. Switch to long-range guns, we need to keep them at a distance until the Armies arrive. She turned to the Chief Gunner. "Power up the Plasma Scourge - we're going to destroy a fleet!"

Space Battle

The Khal began to disengage, ganging up on any ship that dared follow them. They began to arrange themselves around the Mith drikn Vwy and the Rik'zhell d'nr Pwtath.

They were still firing at the assembled fleet, but only with their heavy pulse cannons. However, a new threat was showing itself - a large cannon on the Mith drikn Vwy was crackling with purple lightning, glowing from the inside with sheer power.

Brianna's Ship

The Khal fighting Brianna nodded, then faded back, allowing Brianna to stumble forward. These Khal were graceful as well as strong, and danced through the ranks of the Oathborn with pulse pistols and twin-bladed scisks. The fight was long, chaotic and difficult; the Oathborn were elite, the space marines wouldn't die. They battled on with shredded wings and broken limbs, punctured lungs and slit throats. They flung Goh warriors into walls with bone-shattering force, slashing open armor and Goh alike with their scisks, stepping back and slaying Goh with one accurate pistol shot. Even worse, they worked as a team against the Oathborn.

Finally, six space marines lay dead compared to eight dead Oathborn, with seven more gravely wounded. The last stepped back from the fray and slammed a claw to his chest, then pointed at Brianna. "Tllar vos krithanria mllok todr, Metkoan. Mith todr Krytonite?"

Across the Greater Khalardis Empire

Orders from the Kaharach spread quickly, and several Armies jumped out of the crusades they fought in to the Dai-Leok system. However, no Army was as great as the Swift Wind of Omens. The Kaharach was expected to fight in the greatest wars, and Tichan was happy to do so. The Duchar vul Armach jumped, and so did the battleships of the Swift Wind of Omens. The Khal would win this day.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would say twelve battleships, including the tenacious Lar duthin Hli. Seven light cruisers, most badly damaged. Eight hundred fighters and bombers. Then there's the Supercarrier Mith drikn Vwy and the Priestship Rik'zhell d'nr Pwtath.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Boarding party

The Sorcerer smiled No. They're too well defended. But our target will still change the battle.

He points at the Lar duthin Hli, which they were now almost on top of.

We're going to board this isolated ship, the one that started the raid. We need to capture it's bridge, and make sure the capitan doesn't try a dead man's switch kind of thing, then we'll show the Khal a little surprise we've been working on since we last fought them.

The little shuttle speads in to a swift landing, dodging pulse shots, in the hanger of the Lar duthin Hli

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, reaction? Remember, the Hli's been under demon attack since before the Army showed up... Hell, is it still facing down the Faaronites?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-09 at 12:03 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Emperor Loras

However, a new threat was showing itself - a large cannon on the Mith drikn Vwy was crackling with purple lightning, glowing from the inside with sheer power.

We can't have that, now can we..

*Reaching out with his will, the Mith drikn Vwy looses all power*
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-12-09 at 12:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Command Ship Brutius

Brianna nodded and motioned her soldiers back. A white-robed priest of the sungod hurried in and began to heal the most critically injured. Brianna acknowledged the obvious challenge by stepping forwards. Using faith she walked up, and bowed, trusting in the innate warriors code shared by many militant races.

To her surprise the Khal bowed back. The two then stared at each other. Brianna acted first coming in with a straight attack to the torso, followed by a kick to the knee. The Khal dodged and blocked and reposted. To the combatentys, it went on for hours, but to the assembled troops it was over in minutes.

The Khal was already vaguely tred from the fight, and Brianna's strength seemed limitless as she drew on her reserves as a trained warrior and her innate magic and power. The Khal finally made a mistake. A attack caused Brianna to struggle and thinking it had caught her off her guard he could finish her.

The stumble was a cunning trick and he had no time to dodge the slice that removed his arm, and then another combination and the other joined it. Brianna looked down and said through the translator "A warriors death" and before the Khal could move its head had been severed.

Brianna had not escaped unscathed, a deep wound in her left shoulder caused her some diffculty, and she had at least one broken rib. She ignored the healer and strode to the bridge. Without a word to the command crew she opened up a frequency to what appeared to be the enemy command vessel (before the Kaharach arrived). Her holographic image shivered as she held up the Khal warriors head "I fought and slew your troops commander.They died brave, warrior's deaths, but I will issue you a assurance. Next time, come personally or nor at all. We fight now on a field of battle and if you wish to subdue of kill me, have the honor to do it yourself. Anymore of these marines and I shall simply consider you a coward. So I have spoken"

She takes in the battle and orders her forces to fall back into a single, seperate line parellel from the UCF and Kreel, with the Aetheri, so the Khal could not attack both forces with a single attack force. As she and Commander Direca got ready, she looked towards her screen to see the masses of Khal ships jump in. The Goh ships easily dodged long-range fire and returned it, scoring light hits to both sides.

Brianna was a military genius, and looking at the numbers against her she realized that it was going to take all of her skill and intelligence to get the combined forces out of this. She began to prepare her fleets strategy to survive the inevitable assault.

(OOC- I would like you to do the first boarding party Moral, Verona will follow)

- SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Brianna's Communication

Brianna did not get an immediate response - the flagship of the commander seemed to be under an attack of some sort. After a few moments, a Khal came over to the holo-terminal and switched on the ansible. The harsh words were roughly translated via the Goh technology.

"Marines? ...Ah - certainly the strategy/plan one of the Rann clan/family would use. The Lar duthin Hli is no longer in command/ordering and is fighting-well/having-fun onboard with warp-things. I'd come assault/charge myself, but I'm busy/fighting. Have-fun/fight-well!"

She grabs something offscreen, and throws it into something else with a crunch. On-screen, you can see several Aetheri demons on the bridge itself.

Aetherlight

"Sir, we're under attack by Khal boarders - they're heading up to the bridge." The ship responded to the Aetheri captain - There are no boarders. The sound of pulse guns and fighting could be heard coming closer. There are no boarders. We cannot detect boarders. We cannot detect boarders.

Five bloodstained Khal blast their way onto the bridge, dripping twin-bladed scisks and pulse pistols in their claws. Black vacuum armor was brightened only by a glowing red star upon their chests.

There are no boarders. There are no boarders. There are no boarders...

Mith drikn Vwy

Shutting down the main reactor and completely restarting the engineering protocols worked - the power returned. However, the reactor was sluggish on the restart, and not enough power could be sent to the Plasma Scourge to open fire.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Peaceful Empire

The Peaceful Empire ships consider to exist in every system, gathering information and setting it back to the home planet. The head of Maps smiled, her knew that when it got down to it, The Peaceful Empire would have the best maps and with the best maps...

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Boarding Party

The Aetheri raiders knew what to expect from Khal. Thoi, a sorcerer with a vicious looking energy based assault rifle exited first, firing a storm of warp energy at everything in sight. His fellow sorcerers came next. They did not carry large guns, as they were not usually deemed fitting for a sorcerer but anyone who'd felt the sting of one of their pistols knew not to take them lightly. To a one, the Sorcerers carried Demon Swords, of varying sizes, and were encased in full Demonic Armor, albiet with a HUD and comm link to the rest of the team.

Jal and the Magi came behind them. They weren't in armor, but carried a variety of weapons. One had a long, barbed spear, another held bladed gauntlets that he swore could cut up any Khal. Jal seemed the leader. He, of course, carried Khan's blade staff. It looked impossible for the comparatively small Aetheri to lift...

All were ready for battle as they descended however. You could find nothing else amongst the Khal.

Aetherlight

Khan blinked as the Khal arrived. His face soured as he saw the blood on their blades. He spoke softly to the Demon of the Ship.

Easy, Old One. Easy...

A long moment, in which Khal and touched simply eyed each other, unsure of who would make the first move. Then

Old One, all available power to me NOW!

Before the Khal could react, the ship obeyed, and a smiling Khan was enwrapped in the energy of the Emphyrian, just for a moment

However, it was all he needed. With a gesture, the Khal were engulfed in a storm of flowing red upon the command deck.

It wracked them with pain, but they could cope with that. Khal were used to pain.

But their armor...

The red lights flared like tiny stars, then burst, as the obsidian black armor fell to pieces...

Spoiler
    Show
    If it's an energy effect, "Science" or magic alike, it's simply going to get toasted through the obscene amount of power Khan bombarded it with. In other words, anti magic. If it was an anti magic affect, I'll laugh, but it still works.

Magic is our primary strength. If you were fighting us with high technology, you might be doing better...

Khal space

A few alarms go off, almost as though someone is invading... but these alarms are ghost signals. A few patrols go on standby, but no threat materializes

If they'd had the time, some cleaver commander might have been able to trace the path made by the incidents, the path so recently taken by Rann Thorr's fleet. But it was too late...

Battle

A few of the Khal fighters flying runs around the rearward ships of the formation noticed a strange energy reading...

They didn't get a chance to react as the black and gold ships of the Inquisitorial High Fleet jumped in behind them, from Khal Space, with a crack of Emphyric Thunder. Seven battleships, and the flagship... of an unknown design. Somewhat smaller than the Khal Superbattleship, but heavier, and seemingly with every bit as many guns. Their shields flared white, and the fighters cut though the void in their launching as the storm began.

Not just the regular effect of leaving a Warp-Jump, (which alone had sent a number of Khal fighters and a couple of unlucky cruisers to their deaths,) but with a rumble of guns, and the flaring of their engines. The Inquisitors knew what was waiting for them here

And they were charging to meet it. Headlong into the rather surprised Khal fleet, all their weapons firing. Even the Khal are vulnerable to surprise, and a fast attack. And the Inquisition were the Aetheri's finest, their oldest military group, sent against worshipers of the Dark Gods. They know how to seize the moment.

Flagship Magister's Fist

Inquisitor Lord Drake smiled as he looked at the view-screen. An acolyte spoke from one of the terminals.

Weak points of the Khal fleet's current defensive formation isolated, Lord. Beginning attack run now

Excellent. All ships are to hit them head on, full volley and full speed. We have suprise, let us use it - To tear the Khal to shreds. I want to be through their lines, with maximum damage, as fast as possible

There is a cheer from the bridge crew, but one white robed initiate doesn't join it. He simply coughs.

Sir? There is another issue. This ship here

He points to a certain, somewhat unusual looking ship

Is causing some kind of widespread Aetheric disruption. It's going to be irritating trying to fight in that. Warp guns will be operating at sub-optimal, if we're lucky.

Drake looks cold, even in this hallowed place

Yes... I feel it now. What blasphemous little toys the Khal have

The inquisitor is silent for a moment, then smiles

We're the Inquisition. What do we do other than destroy such items of heresy?

There is a resounding cheer, as Drake barks an order over the comms

Change course. May the Crone guide our hand in destroying that abomination.

Soon, the rather large threatening supercruiser is ploughing it's way through the now scattering Khal fleet towards the Rik'zhell d'nr Pwtath. Full guns a-blazing, engines going at maximum,
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-10 at 04:58 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Boarding Party

Before the doors to the ships opened each of the Oathborn used their elemental magic to protect themselves. Then Verona went one step further, weaving a web of white magic over herself and her allies.

As the Aetheri moved out, Verona and her men followed suit. Unlike the men on the Brutius, these four were part of a fraternity of eight, who never left the Princess's side. Each was a master of combat in all forms. Three wielded swords. One used it two-handed, another used a pistol, yet another used an odd energy shield. The fourth had a heavy repeating blaster (Think mobile MG-42).

Verona moved out first among her group, and she fell upon the Khal like a horrible storm. Her demonic blade shone blood red as her power of fire fed its power. In return, for every drop of blood split, the demon's power grew as did its blood lust. Even the great Khal warriors fell before Verona. She moved like a violent river. Her sword worked in tandem with her legs and arms to make her a veritable killing machine. Her innate water power and her own skill made her very difficult to even hit.

Soon the landing was clear, the groups surprise was complete and the enemy had given little initial resistance. Verona turned to her allies, who noticed that her eyes still glowed red.

"Which way to the bridge"
    Her voice was odd, still beautiful, but charged with power. Blood had splattered her armor and face but she took no notice.

Bruitius

Brianna smiled as the new Aetheri fleet jumped in, to hit the back and heart of the enemy. They were confused now, not knowing which way to fight. She made a decision.

"All Allied ships" she made the broadcast to all the new alien vessels and allies "Attack while their confused, though keep some in reserve to cover OUR flank" and she followed her own orders.

She and the Goh spearheaded the way into the very heart of the fleet to meet up with the Inquisitorial one. Her ships noticed the Superships goal and decided to aid. Her battlegroup made a ring around the priest ship that was meant to give the Aetheri ship to destroy it.

"This is Governor Brianna of the Goh"
    she sent to the lead ship "Thank you for the reinforcements."

- SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Boarding Party

The Sorcerers were not quite the equal of the Oathborn, but they were still quick and lethal. Their powers ensured that. Their armor was hard to penetrate, and their weapons cut through air and armor with equal ease. Even the Khal have problems with Sorcerors...

The Magi tended to hang back from combat.They greatfully accepted Verona's magic, and buffered it with a few light chants of their own. They would heal the group, react, open doors, and fight when they must, but they were not the sorts to stand in hand to hand against the Khal. Not when provided with alternatives...

Jal smiled, as they started to make their way through the war-zone. Thankfully, between damage, and the distraction of the Aetherlight's demons, most of the Khal were occupied for now.

This way. Front and center, standard for Khal.

They made their way there quickly. As Verona's eyes flared, Jal puts a hand on her shoulder. Verona can feel more of this energy, strengthening her will

Be careful, Princess. Keep your focus. The Demon must remain bound... let it feed, but not too deeply... else it can be deadly to you instead.

Space

Drake smiled at the nice green blood bespattered alien. He himself is a normal Aetheri, if seemingly a rather young one.

This is Inquisitor Drake. Happy to help, Governor. The High Chosen got your message, and thought you could use some help.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-12-10 at 05:57 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Boarding Party

Verona glanced at the Magi "My eyes always glow mid-battle, but I did feel the demon's presence lurking, constricting around my heart. I will attempt to keep it at bay"

Verona and the Oathborn moved up to the next door. She peered in, then ducked as a plasma shot narrowly missed her head "Gordo, throw me your Nova"

The Oathborn in question tosses a small golden disk to Verona. Without pausing the Princess throws the bomb in. She slams the door, and scurries back. There is no sound, except a Khal's bemused exclamation. Then a intense wave of heat passed over the lot of them.

Verona opened the door to find the room slagged and the corpses of at least ten Khal, burnt to practically ash. At any stunned glances, Verona smiles "Nova bombs, equipped to the Oathborn. Makes a very centralized heatwave that melts or reduces anything else to dust."

She walked into the room, finding it to be bridge security. They were at the bridge. Verona turned to the boarding party "When we are all ready"

Space

"You can send my thanks to the high chosen when we finally meet her. Brianna out" She paused and cursed as the ship had to break to the side to avoid a plasma torpedo.

She contacted Major Ordanis, planetary Military Govenor "Status"

"Sir, the civilians are being taken to nearby systems as quickly as possible" he smiled "the ones that will go, many of them have joined the militia or simply refuse to leave there homes"

Brianna chuckles "Typical stubbornness, well good luck major"

Krin

Dr. Brisba nodded "Indeed, lets see what we can do"

To Krin Ambassador

The military Colonel looks up and contemplates "Sure, Prince Hadrian is watching this border while the other brothers fight, so any help would be very goo"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-12-10 at 07:37 PM.

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Onboard the Magister's Fist

"S-sir, we have multiple ships dropping into warp behind the Aetheri fleet... different in style than the Khal battleships. And... oh, gods preserve us, another fleet dropping in behind us. With another ship the size of that carrier, sir. Only seven ships, however, thank the gods. And they've locked on to the fleet, sir..."

Onboard the Duchar vul Armach

Tichan submitted his battle strategy to the rest of the fleet via ansible, then gave his orders to the ship's Metkhun. Open fire on the ship leading the assault upon Rik's sacred vessel, full cannons. Wipe out this fleet, then assault the first alien fleet with the Mith drikn Vwy. Further orders as necessary.

He girded the Windblades upon his back, and led the Kharlong down to the Kaharach's personal shuttle. Watching the enemy fleet, he had pinpointed one ship as the lynchpin - the Bruitius. He would take the ship personally, as his right as Kaharach.

Onboard the Arrow

The Vela fleet made the Jump in one piece, thankfully. Ahead of them were two alien fleets, slow and ungainly to the eyes of the Vela. They immediately charged up the tachyon cannons and slipped forward, between and around the alien ships, releasing the experimental Spear-class ships - designed to board enemy vessels. Those Khal who served in the Vela fleet were at the forefront of the assault, of course.

Captain Tatheran - technically a Metkhun of the Army, but nobody called him that - lovingly took the helm of the first Spear-class, the Arrow. He shot towards the enemy, aiming for one of the Aetheri battleships. He personally led every assault, for the heart of the Vela was strong in him indeed.

"Alright, men. Let's win a battle."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

(This post is assuming the Kaharach has jumped in)

Brianna saw the largest ship of all jump in, and knew intuitivly that was the leader of this entire fleet. She activated her holo-translator "The is Princess Brianna of the Goh, Governor of this Province" She looks into the eyes of the Kaharach, unflinchingly "I assume that you are the master of this fleet."

She pauses for a second to bark out some orders "Even for what I have heard of the Khal, this seems to be a pointless conflict. Both of our sides have bled and died. I suggest at least a temporary cease-fire." she smiles grimly "It seems wrong to war with someone we haven't even met. If you disagree I assure you that the Goh will fight to the bitter end, honorably as the warriors of old, and by the Sun God we'll make you pay for every step. If not reply immediately"

She stays waiting for an answer.

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Brianna's Communication

Brianna sees no image before the holo-transmitter on the Duchar vul Armach, but a reply crackles over the ansible. The Kaharach's speech is smoother than most of his kind, but his voice occasionally stumbles. "Ah, Metkhun. You caught/ambushed me a bit late, although given a moment we can speak/have-diplomacy in person. Metkhuns of the Army/Commanders are Jumping in as we speak, but if your spirit/soul is peaceful/weak we will accept/grasp surrender and allow you to retreat/flee."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Brianna laughs "Surrender? No, I think not. I don't think that would be acceptable for either of us. No, merely a discussion on the necessity of this conflict. I like a fight as much as the next warlord but I am against such a wasteful enterprise. No matter who wins this day, it will leavve both sides weakened. It is up to you"

her face hardens "I do not surrender"

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Krin conference

excellent

Spoiler
    Show
    lets just assume that all new ships built from now on have both FTL drives, assuming their big enough

Krin ambassador

Excellent, if you'd just give me the Coordinates for the meet-up system, I'm sure that an expeditionary force could be organized within the week. this flies in the face of previous experience with krin politics.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light