New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Lines and Circles: Saga Edition Old Republic

The Republic's history can be spread across any single data screen.

A thousand years and more shown in glittering blue circles and lines.

When you travel long enough that's what you start seeing: circles and lines.

Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-12-08 at 11:52 AM.
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Lines and Circles: Saga Edition Old Republic

Kholar

Kholar cleared a little opening for himself in the cargo hold, ignited his lightsaber and started a little training session.
    Whoom, Whzzz, Ziu, Fumm, Fumm, Fumm , Whzfummmmmm, Whziumm
    The green lightsaber lighted the cargo hold.
    "One of these days I'm going to find one of those training droids" Kholar muttered as he continues practising his swings
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2008-12-08 at 12:34 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cain walked down the corridor to the cargo bay silently. The ship was just beginning its day cycle, and usually he would hold off his practice sessions until the night cycle began, but today he felt a little uneasy, and sought to work his feelings off with his training routines. He was a little disappointed, but not too surprised when he found them already occupied, and walked a safe distance towards the practicing Jedi.

"Would you mind if I joined you? I have a training saber, if you would like an opponent to spar with."
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

4. - Top - End - #4

In a corner of the cargo bay, Zeeku toyed with a rock, throwing it up and catching it with the force. He was bored. For a while, he had drawn entertainment from watching the antics of the jedi waving his sword around, but that had grown boring. He sighed, tossing the rock aside and picking up his translator droid and stretched, wondering when the ship would make berth again.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

E-123 heard the sounds of the lightsabers... and decided that watching the Jedi practice would be a fine way to figure out how to kill them, if necessary.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

From the other side of this particular compartment comes an intermittent stream of highly creative curses in both Basic and Huttese. Most of the creative ones come from Basic, which (surprisingly?) has a few less choice words than the other language. The curses are directed at a silver protocol droid, and issue from the mouth of a young-looking guy in the kind of thing you would expect an ex-commando to wear, except for the tight pants. "Okay, next time I tell you to keep my weapons in good fighting condition, don't start tinkering with the XCiter, okay?!? And while I'm at it, how the ****** did you manage to screw the ABM up this badly? All I need you to do is- you know what, screw that, I'll just take ****** care of them myself from now on." Hikan Skitut picks up the largest of the three blaster pistols on the bench in front of him and begins dismantling the weapon, making small adjustments with a handful of precision tools.
    The droid bows and begins waddling away, but immediately turns, speaking in that half-British accent that half the galaxy seems to use, waving its arms like a delusional penguin, "Oh, sir, did you want me to recalibrate the repulsorlifts on your bike?" "Recalibrate my what? Aw, ***** no! Stay the ***** away from my bike!"
    "Very good, sir."
    On the Differences between Third and Fourth Editions
    Characters: None at the moment :-(

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kholar

Kholar ceases his training routine for a second a looks at cain "I don't know. This is a real one. Not one of those training sabers. Last time I used one of those was when I trained under Ziraiya. I haven't gotten a new one since then."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Dri Koon sits alone in meditation. Perhaps he would join the other force users later.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Cain nods impassively, his heavy features betraying no emotion.

"I understand. I like to carry an extra training saber with me, just in case that I need to incapacitate someone, rather than killing them. The crystals used in their construction deal non-fatal wounds, so they can come in handy. If you would prefer to practice alone, I understand. I like to spar against a live opponent, on occasion, though. If I may ask, which lightsaber combat Form do you prefer to use?"
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

10. - Top - End - #10

The protocol droid, designated B2-3PO, waddles up to the practicing jedi. "Oh, sirs, pardon me, but may I recommend that you power down your weapons while they aren't necessary. You see, weapons are by definition tools to harm people, and-" Here the droid is cut off by the military-esque boy man sitting on a crate, "Oh, just kill the vocabulator already, will ya? You make more useless noise than a bantha in rutting season. Hey, Cain, could you hit his power switch real quick?"
    Last edited by TheStagesmith; 2008-12-10 at 12:14 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quickly rounding on the droid, Cain heavily hits the power switch on the mechanical being, watching it power down.

"There. Why do you have it on now anyway?"

12. - Top - End - #12

Hikan shrugs "I prob'ly just forgot to turn him off. Thanks. I just got him, and for whatever reason he interprets anything I say as basically literal truth. I equipped him with a heuristic processor, but he still needs to be taught, especially since he thinks he's the smartest thing in the room. Gah, I hate new droids."
    Last edited by TheStagesmith; 2008-12-10 at 12:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Cain taps the powered down droid on its optical unit, reaching out to catch it before it fell down. He puts it back carefully on its feet.

"Never liked them much myself." He sighs, softly. "There isn't much to do right now, and I feel the need to distract myself. Since the cargo bay already has its fair share of Jedi, is there anything you need a hand with?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I utilize a mix of Ataru and Makashi."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #15

Interesting.

"I tend to rely on Ataru and Soresu myself. The acrobatic nature of Ataru often proves impractical for me, however. My take on the style is somewhat less... Elegant. It has served me well though, so far."

16. - Top - End - #16

Zeeku walks closer to where the jedi stand, carrying his translator under his arm and saying something in felucianese. The droid under his arm buzzes and whirs before saying "My master states: you jedi have names for how you stab things? I thought you hit stuff with swords."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE MEATBAGS THAT YOU CALL "JEDI" HAVE A SYSTEM TO THEIR COMBAT. THE NAMES SEEM TO REPRESENT COMBAT FORMS, WHICH IN TURN DENOTE WHETHER THEY PREFER TO TWIRL AND JUMP OR SIMPLY STAB THE OPPONENT."

The speaking droid, E-123 "Omega," is a short, wide hulk of metal and weapons.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"You rely on your lightsaber forms? Surely the force is our greatest ally." Having padded silently through, Dri Koon surveys the room and its occupants. His dark green-grey robe hangs down his back, and a blaster sits alongside his lightsaber.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Well actually I am more of a duelist even though I have mastered some uses of the force" Kholar says looking at Dri Koon "Can you clear now?" "I want to resume my routines." Kholar says. Then he turns to Cain saying "Mind helping me out?" Kholar says taking his blaster and setting something from the side
    "Shoot me and I'll deflect." He chucks it to Cain "I set it to stun so it should be no worry" "If you hit me I'll just take extended nap-time" Kholar finishes, smirking.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2008-12-10 at 12:21 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

In the quiet emptiness of the bridge a soft glow joins the dancing displays of the passive systems. A small red light located under the system map beings to slowly pulse as the graphic display shifts to display the location of an object entering sensory range.
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    What are we flying in? Who's flying it? If Dri Koon is...

Dri sits down and looks at the sensor display. He then tries to calibrate the sensors to show it more clearly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Computer - (1d20+10)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You are currently flying in the ship that you purchased as a group. I don't believe it proper named yet. I assumed no one was "flying" it at present as you had a set course, which I will reveal momentarily.

The interface resists the attempts to be removed from automatic for a moment but quickly yields. Scanners have detected an object moving across the projected flight path of the ship and where in the process of automaticly correcting the flight plan to avoid collision. In recalibrating the scanners this processes was aborted and the ship is currently still aimed such that it will collide with the object if a correct is not made to the ship's course.

The object is distant and fairly slow moving, apparently mineral in composition, and appears to have little heat signature. The autopilot has labeled it as "space junk".
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-12-10 at 02:14 PM.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Okay, might be trouble" Kholar says putting his lightsaber to his belt and blaster back to holster. "Time to quit training"
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

The dim glow of the red light has grown to a bright crimson as the sensory display alters again, expanding circles appearing at the edge of the scanner's range. Within moments the light begins to flash and a steady evenly spaced tone begins to emitate from the control panel.

The scanner has detected nearly a dozen additional "space junk" entries close behind the first, each drifting into the display as a slowly spinning light blue circle against the deep blue and grid background of the screen.

With the sensors adjusted as they are the ship is not currently set to auto-correct it's course. A count down, set for two minutes, appears at the corner of the field display.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Dammit!" Kholar curses as he jumps for the pilot seat. "I gotta dodge that." Kholar attempts to steer away from them (1d20+10)[30] "Someone man the weapon systems!" "Probably hostiles as they obviously used cloaking!" "Space pirates is my bet."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    "Dammit!" Kholar curses as he jumps for the pilot seat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onto Dri Koon's knee? I maybe wasn't clear that he'd sat down a the helm.

"Easy. We don't want to go in guns blazing. They may not be hostile. If they are we've got time to deal with them. 'They' might not even exist. Stay patient, but be careful."

Dri searches his feelings about this course of action.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Use The Force" - (1d20+10)[22]
    Last edited by Greg; 2008-12-10 at 03:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"THESE TARGETS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE UP AGAINST."

He hunkers into the gunner's seat for the turbolaser, and fires at the nearest piece of space junk.

Attack: (1d20+10)[30] (+11 if they're within 4 squares starship scale) ...Critical hit!
    Damage: (4d10+3)[26] (+4 if they're within 4 squares starship scale) x 5 ... 260 (270 if point-blank) damage!
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-12-10 at 03:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Onto Dri Koon's knee? I maybe wasn't clear that he'd sat down a the helm.

"Easy. We don't want to go in guns blazing. They may not be hostile. If they are we've got time to deal with them. 'They' might not even exist. Stay patient, but be careful."

Dri searches his feelings about this course of action.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I though Dri Koon was standing by the navicomputer

"Either it's space junk so it doesn't matter" "Or space pirates when it's in our best interest to blast their asses" Kholar replies
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"And if they are hostage takers? There could be innocents aboard. These objects could be innocents hiding from Sith, or some other enemy."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Darn it!" "Okay you've made your point Dri Koon" "It's not Space pirate style, but it's possible and I'm not heartless." "E-123 hold fire will you?!" "We should board them. We're all capable fighters. We should be able to take a bunch of them out in the ships" Kholar Says as he swoops side by side to one of the "Space Junks" pilot roll (1d20+10)[17]
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!