New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Time limit on turns?

So, um. What's stopping a losing nation from never ending their turn, and just living their lives like that?

There must be some sort of rational reason that they couldn't - maybe units will die eventually without the food that pops next turn, or it just seems like such a flagrant violation of the natural laws that they don't.

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Time limit on turns?

I'd assume that not ending your turn means you wouldn't be getting food and supplies that appear at the beginning of your turn. As an example, Bogroll's improvised breakfast shown here as it's taking longer then expected for their turn to show up.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2008-12-30 at 08:20 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

He's right. There has to be some limit on how long your turn can last. The guy that goes first could wait until nightfall to end turn, preventing anyone else from taking theirs.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kreistor View Post
    He's right. There has to be some limit on how long your turn can last. The guy that goes first could wait until nightfall to end turn, preventing anyone else from taking theirs.
    Limit or not, I assume that turns determine the effective length of the day. I.e., if everyone takes an hour-long turn, and there are only 3 sides, than the 'day' is only 3 hours long. If everyone takes 12-hour turns, and the same 3 sides, than the 'day' is 36-hours long. This theory is based first on the fact that most turn-based, 1-turn-per-side-per-day, games, in-game time bends around the time it takes to complete a turn. Second, because Parson has been looking for just that kind of exploitable mechanic, and I think he would've found it if it was there.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

There is probably an anti-afker rule where if you don't do anything for X amount of time, you turn ends. Could also be some natural tinkamancy to compel you to end your turn.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

There must be some sort of time limit or "ending turn early" would be meaningless. Whether a day in which everyone ends their turn early would be commensurately shortened is another question.
    Quo vadis?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Perhaps erflings don't sense time the way we do.
    NOGENERATION Aleph(0): Copy this into your sig and add or subtract 1 whenever you feel like it. This is a pointless experiment.

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4