New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Mighty Creatures 2nd IC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Wela and Keno

Wela returned to Sainbec and the others.

"Sainbec, if you still want to visit Kensogan, it's now or never."

She was smiling and her voice had a playful tone. However, the sadness in her eyes betrayed her.
    Wela hears Patrick calling out to her from the Silver City.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Desai

The area was mostly clear now...except for the numerous bodies laying on the ground. The Chimera roared even more fiercely than before.

"When I will be finished with you, there will be nothing left."

Desai tried to bind the Kitseri's essence with a magic circle and then strike at him with a flurry of blows.

---------------------

Wela and Keno

Wela read Sarathalus' note. She knew that, whatever happened, her children would be left in good hands. She left the note and then took Sainbec's hand, leading him to the Bright City of Kensogan. However, just as they arrived, Wela sensed something usual. She realized that someone was "calling" her.

"Patrick! It's Patrick! Sorry...I...I have to go to the Silver City. The boy may still be alive! Though...you can go with me if you want. It would be your first time there, right?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Varin swore, as Derek looked on with an unsurprised look on his face. Varin turned to Derek. "Shall we?"

Derek nodded. "Yes, let's." Varin and Derek both unleashed a divine power at the same time, trying to sever the connection the kitseri had to whatever dark god he was serving.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Desai

The Kitseri danced back with unnatural speed - and then screamed in pain, falling to his knees. "Gone... he's gone... he promised not to leave, he promised! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!" He seems to crumple in on himself, a blind, weak mortal again.

There is a lashback of power at Varin and Derek, but it is not the slash of a powerful god but the desperate flailing of a deathly sick spirit. The image of a red hyena's face swims before Varin - you will pay wargod you will pay in blood... - before dissolving with a scream.

Sainbec

Sainbec shrugs. "Wherever you lead, I will follow."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #35

Varin and Derek yelled out in pain, but recovered quickly. As the hyena face swam before Varin, he attempted to grasp the source of the power with a spell, determining where it came from.

As they traced the spell, Varin turned to Derek. "We have things to do. We'll come back to this later." With that, the two gods teleported back to the Varin Tribelands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Desai

Desai looked around and tried to pinpoint the location of this spirit. He disappeared in a flash of light.

-----------------------

Wela and Keno

Wela and Sainbec left the world to go to the Silver City in search of Patrick.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

IN Hallowed Grounds/Silver City, something had changed.... gone were the gods of the world, who would be leaders of people in the future, and instead stood an incalculably vast, twisted spiral tower.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

"What is that all about?"

Wela ascended the tower.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The voice of Saradinus can be heard as Wela ascends the Tower... "Stop"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

...and the voice of Bialikk can be heard soon after.
    "-Nobody tell me what to do."

Flying around the tower, the Father Bird seemed out of place. Nevertheless, he nodded at Wela and Sainbec.

"-I think I got lost. I was searching for the Hallowed Halls...but all I found was this. Any clue about who build it ? 'must be the same who's yelling at us."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry if the father bird is not invited.
    Don't hesitate to banish him on his own plane if necessary.
    Bialikk has never met Saradinus, by the way.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar settles to the ground behind Wela and...that furry one. "I know that voice." He yells out, "Sshow yourself then, Ssaradinuss, and explain the meaning of thiss!"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Zanwar

Zanwar settles to the ground behind Wela and...that furry one. "I know that voice." He yells out, "Sshow yourself then, Ssaradinuss, and explain the meaning of thiss!"
    "I am enslaved by the Tower to do its bidding Zanwar..."

13. - Top - End - #43

Churnel

Churnel assembles with the other gods at the silver city.

And what does it bid of you?

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the infrequent posting, it has been a very busy December.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela frowned.

"What the hell is this? What happened to Patrick and why is there a frikkin tower here?!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Sainbec

Sainbec blinks. "Enslaved by the tower? That's never good..." He turns to Wela. "Excuse me for but a moment." He concentrates for a moment, the wind begins to blow, and then he is gone faster than the eye can see, racing up the tower's stairs.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I must destroy you all.....

Saradinus appears... As a giant dragon..... flying around the tower, and he begins breathing a sun hot flare at the climbers of the Tower.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

"-Son of a b..."

Bialikk punched in the air, palms wide opened. An hurricane circled around him and his fellow gods while he gathered his strength to build a stone barrier out of the tower's walls.
    "-This won't hold !! Ideas, people !!"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela whispered a few words of power and created a protective ward around the group, strengthening the stone wall of her fellow god in the process.

"I think we will have to engage in battle. Zanwar, here is the opportunity to show him who's the mightiest dragon god around here! As for me, I will try and reach the top, in case Patrick is there. The spell I cast should help you keep Saradinus at bay a little longer."

Wela closed her eyes. She heared the voices of all the Welans, her children. They were ready to make their choice. The goddess smiled innerly. She had waited a long time for this day. Soon, the weave of the Spirit World would be complete. For the first time in her divine existence, she felt completely at peace. Whatever happened now...whatever happened to her...she knew her people were ready to face anything.

Wela opened her eyes again and her body turned into pure spiritual energy. She sped to the top of the tower and rematerialized there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ceremony to up DvR to 16! By D&D standards, she is a greater goddess now.
    But that's mostly fluff. I just wished to get to DvR16 before the end of the game
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-12-20 at 01:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar looks down at Wela and smiles. "Appealing to my ego Wela? How very deviouss of you. I must be rubbing off." Zanwar took to the air, attempting to gain as much altitude as possible.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

The Father Bird let Zanwar and Wela go their way. As the ward allowed his stone barrier to hold a little longer, he casted a powerful gust of wind at the tower's base. The gentle breeze increased in strength as it began to circle around the tower until it became a screaming hurricane with the tower right in its eye.

"-Good luck, Zanwar."
    And with this, he blessed the Great Wyrm with a bubble of calm wind, protecting him from the hurricane without impeding his fly.

21. - Top - End - #51

A While Before

Varin and Derek stood on the plains of the Varin Tribelands. "Are you ready?" Varin asked in a quiet, neutral tone. Derek nodded.

They both raised their hands to shoulder level. They began to perform complex motions with their hands, swirling patterns of arcane sigils, releasing massive amounts of divine energy. As their motions became more faster and complex, huge runes dug themselves into the earth, burning bright with divine power. Light began to fill the area, burning the grass and the air with its radient energy. Soon, the light was so bright no god, not Varin, not Biallik, not Sainbec, could see within the light.

And then all the energy was released. A shockwave was felt all across the world. The Varin Tribelands were...gone. Not the land itself no, but the cities, the people, the Fighting Forest, the Artifice Factory, all of Varintar were just... gone. In their stead, in the middle of the Varin Tribelands, stood a massive portal, reaching hundreds of feet high, glowing and shimmering with a gentle, soothing blue color. The surface swirled and shimmered

and out came Varin, Derek, and about three hundred Varins behind them. Varin smiled, looking about the empty plains. "Well, we've done it." Varin said. "Yeah, well, I think we've got work to do." Derek said, looking around himself at the blank plains. Varin nodded. "Yeah, you're right. Let's go." With that, Varin and Derek dissapeared.

Hallard
    The new plane, connected to the Old World by a single portal, impenetrable any other way, was now the home of all the Varins who lived. It housed the Great Library and the Artifice Factory, all the cities, and the Fighting forest. Surrounding the new landmass was a massive sea, a bright silvery liquid, which could nourish as water, but was also a potent material for artifice, empowering the arcane energy within that made an object into an artifact. Several massive towers, Planar Stabilizers, surrounded the Hallardian Portal, anchoring Hallard to the Old World.

At the Tower
    Varin and Derek arrived, just in time to see the fight start. Varin instantly morphed into his combat form, and flew up to challenge the beast. Varin climbed into the air with his wings, firing spells of death and destruction at the beast along the way. Once near the beast, Varin drew all his weapons in a howl, and mercilessly attacked the dragon with a flurry of blows. As time wore on, Varin's weapons almost seemed to dissapear as he struck. To Varin, everything seemed to move in slow motion, even Sainbec. Varin traveled all around Saradinus, slashing and hacking at him.

Derek began chanting ominous, deep sounds, master spells of death and carnage. He unleashed flurries of spells at Saradinus for a moment, then sprinted into the tower to help out Sainbec and Wela.

Spoiler
    Show

Burnt all acts to do a lot of stuff. Check Status thread for info.
    Last edited by Halna LeGavilk; 2008-12-21 at 09:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus is smitten with the powerful attacks... unable to move, he is now out of sight.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

Wela had just arrived at the top of the tower. She looked around for any sign of Patrick or any supernatural presence.

"I want to know who's doing this. Who interrupted my romantic getaway?!"

24. - Top - End - #54

Derek got to the top of the tower just in time to hear Wela. He laughed as he got to the top. "Oh, I do owe Varin five swords! He is much better at reading people than I thought."

He laughed and smiled at Wela. "Should I make some little-teeny baby powersuits?"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Wela and Keno

Wela had just arrived at the top of the tower. She looked around for any sign of Patrick or any supernatural presence.

"I want to know who's doing this. Who interrupted my romantic getaway?!"
    Apparently.... on a throne..... on the tall tower was a dark hooded man with his head bowed... He spoke with a strange, doubly familiar voice... He lifts his head up at Wela, apparently angry.... One half of his face was skeletal, marred, and dead... the other, Patrick's face.. He appeared to be confused... "My body has crumbled.... I fear I will never be whole again.... Loon has had me soo long, my body is his body. The Lord of This Tower is angry with you and the puny gods of the Hallowed Grounds." An image of a sea of burning energy could be seen as Patrick drew it in the air.. "These are the gods that have yet to be born outside the City."

"I was to be born before the death of Loon. Now, I am dead. I can still love and provide answers to the gods below on the planet, and defy Loon's taint inside me, thanks to your gift, Wela."

"But Loon has the gods prisoner. He is now threatening you all."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wela and Keno

"You mean Loon is the Lord of the Tower? Is there someone else with him? Or worse...someone controlling him? Also, when you say Loon still has influence on your body...you don't mean he is still in you, right? You two are now separate? Don't tell me we have to kill you in order to finally destroy him?!"

Wela looked worried and turned to Sainbec and Derek.

"I don't get it...how did Loon acquire enough power to control gods, even newborn ones? How did he dominate Saradinus?! How the heck are we supposed to defeat him if has more power than all of us combined?"

27. - Top - End - #57

Derek shook his head as Varin landed on the top of the tower. "I don't know who could have given that power to Loon..."

Varin laughed, a kind of sneering laugh. "Who do you think is, uh, crazy enough to give Loon that kinda power? Only one. Luni." Varin paused for a second before continuing. "We all of us left have the kind of power that is anithetical to Luni's power. The power of rational thought, of order, of harmony. I say we use this power and sever Loon's link to Luni's power."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

As the calm went back around the tower, Bialikk looked at Zanwar.

"-So... Less though that he seemed, hey ?"
    With this, he climb to the top of the tower, joining Wela, Sainbec and Varin. The sight of patrick's rotting face make him shiver, which make his feathers go up. Silently, he listened as Loon/Patrick made his speech.

"-...I told you we should have kill that boy. Varin's the idea, let's do that. I have a favor to repay to the Mad God, anyway. So, where is Luni, right now ? Any idea ? And about those unborn gods..."
    He waved at the illusion.
    "-...I guess we better free them before confronting Loon.

29. - Top - End - #59

Derek and Varin nodded in agreement. "Makes sense."

"Yup."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    As the calm went back around the tower, Bialikk looked at Zanwar.

"-So... Less though that he seemed, hey ?"
    With this, he climb to the top of the tower, joining Wela, Sainbec and Varin. The sight of patrick's rotting face make him shiver, which make his feathers go up. Silently, he listened as Loon/Patrick made his speech.

"-...I told you we should have kill that boy. Varin's the idea, let's do that. I have a favor to repay to the Mad God, anyway. So, where is Luni, right now ? Any idea ? And about those unborn gods..."
    He waved at the illusion.
    "-...I guess we better free them before confronting Loon.
    "PLeasse!" The voices ask.