New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Eberron meets Nation states

"I'll stay," Says a young Brellish man. "It'll give me time to catch up on my fishing." He goes over to a large crate and pulls out a fishing pole and a tend. "I'll leave these here, follow you to the lake then come back and wait for the others. It may be a little dangerous but I'm no stranger to danger and got no family to miss me."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Salmor

"As wonderful as it might be to leave the countess and her lackies to their fates, at most we will be a few miles away. She could find her way across with one eye." responded Salmor. It wasn't very far away from the current campground at all - no doubt with a little looking, the countess would easily be able to see a campfire or something.

"Not everything takes magic. Worst comes to worst, I have a few magics I've picked up over the years that I could use to send a message."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"alright, that issue is settled, stay man of breland, your efforts will aid with supplies greatly, for those of us who need to eat. we will make a smokey fire tonight so you may see our position at that time."
    kono watashi chigiri motte kaihou chuushin to kaihou omoi
    -The Tengu of Water, Yawata Saburou Tadamori

stolen from fawsto, and he stole it from someone else.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

To Masayori, Psionics? You believe in that mystical nonsense? I have no disrespect for those so called psions, but I do not believe their claims of some other sort of power. They are wizards who just want to seem differant. I can handle their claims of strange powers, but I do hate the lies they tell. Obviosly, if the Host did not create them, they do not exist. As is the world, so are the gods. As are the gods, so is the world.

To Salmor, Good, by pooling our talents we should be able to contact them with no problem. And the good fisherman here can also tell them; most likely, that will be all we need.

To all, Well, shall we be off?
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-12-13 at 12:47 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Aurell

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrateen2000 View Post
    Psionics? You believe in that mystical nonsense? I have no disrespect for those so called psions, but I do not believe their claims of some other sort of power. They are wizards who just want to seem differant. I can handle their claims of strange powers, but I do hate the lies they tell. Obviosly, if the Host did not create them, they do not exist. As is the world, so are the gods. As are the gods, so is the world.
    One saved my life back in the war, he created an all new plate for my head with his mind. there was no speech, no movements, only power radiating around him. it was an amazing sight, unfortunately he died the next day, an enemy spy came to the camp and killed all the mages we had.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

I have read of mages doing the same thing. I have no problem with them personally; in fact, it would be a great honor to question one and learn of their kind. But I do not believe they are differant from a wizard, as you have just helped prove.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Aurell

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrateen2000 View Post
    I have read of mages doing the same thing. I have no problem with them personally; in fact, it would be a great honor to question one and learn of their kind. But I do not believe they are differant from a wizard, as you have just helped prove.
    "must have been a great mage, I have never seen one myself, all of the mages in my troop were fairly new, we were mostly my people and dwarves". Masayori heaves a heavy sigh, "It is unfortunate more of their kind can not exist".

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Really? I would be worried myself. Such power ... to do such things, they may be inherently stronger than all of us. That sort of thing worries me. Power without limits can lead to temptation to use it for evil. We all hold the Dark Six, a rare frown crosses his face, then quicky passes, in our hearts, and the temptation of power can bring them out.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-12-13 at 01:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

As you're talking the settler begin the grueling task of moving your camp. The half elf pouts as he hops off his perch and puts his hands in his pockets. The puppet suddenly springing to sluggish life begins lifting a crate ten times it's size and starts following it's master.

It's slow going through the thick jungle undergrowth but you get to your destination unmolested a mere five hours latter. The lake it's self is a half a mile in diameter and is cool and refreshing after your day's labors. There is a small clearing next to the lake where you pile all of your cargo and start creating temporary habitations.

10. - Top - End - #40

Salmor

Salmor ignored the little discussion about magic, and set about preparing his pack, loaded to the seams.

"Regrettably, I can't help carry any of the crates, because I have to lead the way. Come, everybody, let's all pitch in and carry as much as we can so we don't have to come back."

He set about helping everyone else with how much they would carry, taking heavier items if they seemed to be having trouble. By the end of the hour, Salmor's own pack was incredibly overloaded, and he looked as though any more would make him fall over under its weight. In fact, he seemed to practically be carrying his own weight in supplies.

"Alright, everybody, let's move. Everybody does their part, from the soft to the strong." he said, taking a moment to get his bearings before setting off.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-12-13 at 01:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

No mere tailor indeed! What a fine location! Truly, Boldrei will find a home in this place. Now good warforged, as our apparent expert in these matters, show us what to do.

12. - Top - End - #42

Salmor

Salmor set down his pack by the lakeside, panting with exhaustion as he leaned his elbow against it. He had carried the most out of everyone on the two mile journey, encouraging others the whole way.

"See? I told you it would all be worth it." he managed to gasp out between breaths.

"This, will be our new home. Just... a few minute's rest... then we can start building."
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-12-13 at 01:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Though I lack the talent in long range communication magic, I will accompany the expedition. No doubt my combat training at the monastery will aid us in our endeavor."

He swiftly moves to catch up with the leaving expedition.
    "How do I know that you know that my mouth is my own?"
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

A large made-up percentage of people put made-up percentages, concerning whether or not they do something, in their signatures. If you are one of the smaller made-up percentage, put this in your signature.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

No, wait sir Zukan! As the speedy gnome slows to hear his words, he catches up to the monk at his own pace, Those four look quite ready to take care of themselves. And a small force of three or four is both the most logical in number and also all that we can do without. Our larger party needs all the warriors it can get, and those four are all we can spare. Will you stay with us?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

He slows down to a stop, staring out into the jungle. Without looking at the elf he speaks.

"I had felt a call, Something in there...Well, yes, erm, allow me to aid in the manual labor."

He hurries back to aid in the moving and setting up of the camp.
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

A large made-up percentage of people put made-up percentages, concerning whether or not they do something, in their signatures. If you are one of the smaller made-up percentage, put this in your signature.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The week fly by as everyone is too busy to do anything else than follow the warforged's instructions. Soon a respectable palisade is raised along with crude shacks that serve well enough as shelters. The weather has been holding up nicely, but your food stuffs are running dangerously low even supplemented by fish from the lake and ocean.

Near dusk five figures come stumbling into camp. The Aundarian monk has a long gash across his chest and missing his left arm from his elbow up. The gnome and Brelish man are propping him up as it's painfully obvious that he has other wounds that remain unseen. In contrast the Countess and her sinister companion don't have a hair out of place and seem to in fact to have newly pressed clothes. The gnome sets the wounded man down as he flags down Aurell.

"It appears I was mistaken about the ruins." The countess says with a sour look upon her face.
    "Mistaken is an understatement!" The gnome shouts at her.
    "What happened?" A young elven lass asks dropping her hammer and moving closer to get a better look at the monk.
    "The ruins were not as unoccupied as I was lead to believe."
    "It was crawling with Crazed lizard folk who nearly killed us all."
    "A minor set back I assure you." The butler says with a vicious smile upon his face.
    "What's that even supposed to mean? I say we just stay here and do our best to avoid any possible interaction with those evil monsters." The gnome says as the butler reaches into his suit only to get a disapproving glance from his mistress and giving an evil smile to the gnome.

"I say" stasrts an obese half elf who has been acting as the communities chef for the past week. "now that we picked a place to settle down we choose a town council and divvy up our resources so we can get everything done we need to before the winter season."

"Seconded," Says the gnome. "I nominate Aurell as he is a learned scholar of the host and would provide this town with a steady stream of wisdom."

"I think the adorable warforged should be in charge." Says the puppet in the hands of the half elf you still cant figure out is male or female.

"Salimor is my choice of a leader." The chef says.

"I refuse to be apart of this committee ." The countess says with distain. "But if you are asking for the least moronic of this group I would say the gnome showed more promise than the rest." She says pointing to Zukan.

"I vote to take this as our council as a whole" The chef says.
    "Seconded!" Shout the gnome obviously very excited by these rough and tumble politics. "All in favor say I!" Everyone votes in favor even the countess sighs a little aye. "Well now we just divvy up our responsibilities. The way I see it there are four basic thing's we need people in charge of. Economy, defense , law and infrastructure." Most of the settlers nod in agreement as he continues. "Now who gets to be in charge of what my new and fearless leaders?" The gnome asks with a wide smile.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Hearing the commotion, Aurell has come to see what is going on. He gives a quick look at the wounded monk,

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal - (1d20+5)[12]

But there is nothing he can do for such a griouvous wound except stop the bleeding, which he promptly begins doing with a simple spell. Then, hearing his nomination for leader, he nearly faints from suprise. When the much more sensible suggestion of council member (and the honor of even that makes him slightly shaky), he speaks; I ... I gladly accept your nomination, and promise to do all that I can to make this town prosper. And the best way I know to do that would be through handling the matters of the law. As a Vassal of the Host and a favored priest of Aureon, I would be the logical choice for that position.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2008-12-13 at 09:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Salmor

Salmor couldn't help but sigh at the Countess' actions.

"Sending others to do your work, as usual. You nobles are all the same."

The sudden council nomination caught the tailor slightly off-guard, however. Within a few moments, however, he regained his composure.

"I am flattered by your nomination, my people, and I would be proud," he said, opening a box and producing a slightly time-worn beret, "To head the defence of our new home, to protect it from those who would tear away our newfound freedoms!"

He put on the beret, pulling it on like an old friend, before looking out at the settlers.

"Perhaps some might argue that I am not the 'logical' choice, but I say let them argue. I will see to it that we remain safe and free until Khorvaire itself collapses upon our heads, and even then we will still be free. Every one of us will be treated as equals, as we should be under the eyes of the gods. I promise it."
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-12-13 at 10:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"alright, i shall accept, but on a limited basis. But before any serious decisions are made, i have question. did any of these lizardfolk, did you cover your tracks, do you beleive they may pursue en masse? if there is any the slightest chance that they shall pursue us we will need to start true defensive structures soon, VERY soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    can we get a map of our outpst DM?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I have no fears, I am sure Salmor's passion could crush any foe."

He flashes a congenial smile at the human.

"If the kind warforged has no objections I will humbly head the economy. Not like we have much of one at this point."
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"No need to worry we gave them the old slip." The gnome says tilting his head and giving you what appears to be a one eyed wink.
    "I say we call it a night and get a fresh start in the morning. That is right after we decide what to call our little town. I am partial to New Southport but that is just myself. Anyone else have any suggestions?"
    Last edited by Aquateenflayer; 2008-12-14 at 12:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

I will head up defense, i learned much on such things during The War. and because i do not have to sleep i will be able to monitor all throughout the night. tonight i shall begin on further fortification of the wall closest to the ruins. as well as beginning the foundation of some towers.

but first, to the ones who went to the ruins, do any of your weapons need mending, i am skilled in such things, i can handle it while you are asleep.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"My dagger is fine, but we dropped the monks axe while running like Kyber. The other two," the gnome motions to the countess and her servant, "are spellcasters so I doubt they are in need of your services."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"alright, off to work i go." masayori begins surveying the wall, looking for knots in the wood that may detract from it's strength.

"oh, as for the name, i care not, do what you shall. it will always have the same name to me. Haven."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Haven sounds like a perfectly apt name. As there is contention over defense, could not they both head it as equals? I would offer my services in infrastructure as well. To be honest I was planning on tying the economy and infrastructure tightly together anyway."
    Last edited by Surprise!; 2008-12-14 at 01:04 AM.
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

26. - Top - End - #56

Salmor

"Fortresses?" asked Salmor, who had already claimed 'Defence' 6 posts ago, not that the warforged managed to notice.

"I think consideration should go first to building strong homes, before we build walls. Right now all we have are temporary lodgings - with only fifty of us, we can't man a wall, anyway."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Hm... Haven isn't a bad name either. You do realize that two of you have volenteered for the same position. Personally, no offence to Salmor, a creature created for war seems like the obvious candidate to oversee our defences but I think I will leave it to you two to hash out."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"ohh, i must have not heard salmor correctly, no i shall leave that up to him. i shall simply work with the architecture and management of resources, working closely with salmor and the gnome there. i beg your forgiveness gnome, i have forgotten your name."

"salmor, as you know more of this region than i do. approximately how much does it rain here? and is there any stone or resin-making trees near here?"
    Last edited by WaterTengu; 2008-12-14 at 01:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"If you are referring to me Mistress Masayori, I am Zukzan, if you are referring to our cycloptic friend I must also confess no knowledge of his name."
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"i was speaking to you, thank you" masayori begins muttering "zukan, gnome. salmor, antagonist. aurell, priest."