New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron meets Nation states

"Apparently you have forgotten, Aurell, that it was these reptiles that attempted to murder our search party to the ruins, which I might add consisted of an active council member. They are threatening the structure and order of this community, and your blindly pacifistic attitude..."

Zukzan stands at this moment, staring intently at the Lizardfolk.

"So what of it reptile? What do you seek from us, what are the extents of your bestial avarice?"
    "How do I know that you know that my mouth is my own?"
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

A large made-up percentage of people put made-up percentages, concerning whether or not they do something, in their signatures. If you are one of the smaller made-up percentage, put this in your signature.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Masayori takes his left hand and lightly hits Zukan at the knees kicking them under him, sitting him down. Looking up at him quickly she says, "Simmer, do not boil."
    Last edited by WaterTengu; 2009-01-09 at 06:14 PM.
    kono watashi chigiri motte kaihou chuushin to kaihou omoi
    -The Tengu of Water, Yawata Saburou Tadamori

stolen from fawsto, and he stole it from someone else.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Maekrix seems unnefected by the accusations, although it's hard to tell by looking what the lizard is thinking. After Aurell's last comment, he replies in well-practiced common.

"The one you call Salmor is quite well. He is probably nursing a bit of a headache, but has suffered no life threatening damage. When we saw him faccing the Fayreon, he cast magic at it to distract it from eating one of his men. That bravery made himstand out as the leader. After saving him and his men from death, we brought him to our camp and negotiated a trade. Him and his fat companion will work for us, and Mesheek, a great strong warrior, will fight for you. Consider this our treaty. Through Mesheek, I will learn of you, and through Salmor, you will learn of us."

Then Maekrix turns his attention to who he sees as the true leader of the soft-skins.

"And, lady, as for the accusations that I intend to destroy your people, well it is of course true. But as of right now my main concern are our bretheren to the north who wish to destrroy the both of us. Seeing how your best men fared against just one creature of our forest, I think that your followers are less suited to protect themselves against the inevitable invasion than we are. Right now the only way you will survive is with our combinned strength and resources. Sure, if you become no longer useful and my tribe overpowers yours, we will punish you for the trespasses you on our lands. But that won't be for a long time. Besides, if I didn't promise killing you later, nothing would have stopped my bloodthirsty tribe from killing you now. We do not refer to your kind as soft-skins for just your soft exteriors, but also for your pathetic empathy and poor understanding of survival."

Maekrix sits at ease, hoping the dumb humans realize that only together can they survive.

"And by the way, my tribe has not yet injured any of you, and it is not us who guard those ruins. Although that is useful information that they already know of your existance."
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-10 at 11:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Masayori stands, crosses the circle and stands in front of the lizard. She crouches down, looking him in the eyes. "I see truth in him, he is a logical being, all of his actions are to benefit his tribe. When we have served our purpose they will eliminate us, but for now, he is correct, we are small and not well protected. He can teach and help us. We must trust him for now. But, i ask one thing, will you take me in Salmor's place. Salmor is needed here, there are people here who can work without me." Masayori stands up and bows, "I will stand by you if you can fulfill that."
    Last edited by WaterTengu; 2009-01-09 at 06:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Aurell, stunned by the lizard man’s blunt admission, finally finds his tongue. Actually Masayori, I would argue the opposite. Let us not forget that Salmor no longer has a seat among us. The best place for him is with the lizardmen, where he can help to foster ties of friendship, not, looking pointedly at Maekrix, of eventual war. You on the other hand, back to Masayori, are an invaluable resource of knowledge for building our town, which I will remind you we are still in the process of. And besides, now that we know Salmor is thankfully in good, if not entirely conscious, health, my idea from before still stands of making him a Foreign Affairs Ambassador. If he does well with our newly found neighbors, he may just be the perfect candidate. I think we should have him stay there as long as they will keep him, and then we can nominate him for such a position upon seeing the results of his time there. If then you still wish to spend some time among them, I think that would be an excellent idea.

Now to Maekrix, And I would ask that you reconsider such a hostile manner. If your tribe really is so bloodthirsty as to attack us for even venturing onto this coast, I would ask you to instead explain to them all the benefits of allying with us. Perhaps if they see that we can help them in numerous ways, be it aid in battle, magical assistance, or even a voice in the wider world, perhaps they will be more likely to except a long-term peace. The desire for battle is not a trait inherent in any being, it is only the result of misunderstandings and misplaced anger. Do your people not live peacefully in your tribe, amongst themselves? Do you not forego war with other members of your kind to accomplish higher goals? What if, instead of joining with us to fight your oppressors and this dangerous jungle, you instead join us to fight against intolerance, hatred, and chaos? Your people can be more than a simple stereotype; I believe that with all my heart. Will you believe it too? Aurell ends with a gentle smile.

6. - Top - End - #156

Maekrix hisses, humored by Aurell's last comment.

"Your easy lives obviously blind you to what necessities some must take to survive. The only reason I was born was because my mother cunningly poisoned my father's first mate into infertility. I am the hereditary leader of my tribe, but only through multiple poisons and assasinations do I keep my post. As of right now, I am plotting on the best time to kill my latest rival. I tell you this, not to seek some sort of glory or seed distrust on our dealings, for these actions are not your way. I am just explaining to you that any peace in my tribe can only last as long as the strongest amoung them demands it. My tribe follow me out of fear and respect, not loyalty. So when you ask if we live 'peacefully among ourselves,' the answer is no. Most would kill me in an instance, just to take my place."

Maekrix then hisses much more aggresively at Masayonori.

"And you! Stand up and do not treat me like a child before I sink my teeth into your throat. I am known for keeping my rage and anger in check, compared to most my kin, but I am a chieftian, and do not take requests from underlings!"

Maekrix turns away again, as if Masayonori wasn't even there.

"Now then, does the mistress accept Salmor's agreed terms? If so, I would like to be on with it. Prehaps after you are all finished bickering 'The Peaceful One' can show me around, I am very interested to study those structures."
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-10 at 11:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"hmm, your kami is very presumtuous lizard." Standing, masayori moves back to his place. "Well then, I hand this to all of you, I have nothing more to say to a corrupted kami."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Excuse me, you will not be studying anything, and I do not believe we should harbor your spy either. We have no proof that Salmor is alive, just the word of a creature that just openly threatened all of us with war. You want to take the reptile on a tour so it can plot the razing of all our structures? If these are the terms, release the men outside and take your reptile with you, we shall survive without."
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

A large made-up percentage of people put made-up percentages, concerning whether or not they do something, in their signatures. If you are one of the smaller made-up percentage, put this in your signature.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Now Zukan, says Aurell in a kindly voice, as one would speak to a small child, I know this has been a harsh and exhausting day for you, but please try to restrain your impulses! You think he should not see our structures? I think he should, to see the wonders of advanced building techniques. A modern house compared to a cave is a wondrous thing to behold, and I would be glad to show him how one is made. You fear his lieutenant, you fear a spy? If we reject his spy now, he will undoubtedly send others to watch in secret from the jungle; I for one fear what they could learn from spying from beyond our walls, not what they can learn from inside them. Outside, all they will learn is our fear and intolerance; inside, they may learn of our kindness and strength. You worry about Salmor, you distrust their reassurance of his health? He has already said he intends to destroy us all; why lie about one man? Certainly not to gain our trust; he has stated openly his intent towards us. If we must not trust him, then I would prefer we do it with benevolence and hospitality, not your vehement racism. I can see that Aureon is not with you today; mayhap you should keep silent until you have something constructive to add?

Turns to Ir’Colo, Now, Councilor Ir’Colo, because our new ally has made this a matter of public safety, it is up to you to decide. Personally, I believe it to be an excellent idea, partly for the reasons I have mentioned; so again, how will you decide on this matter?
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2009-01-10 at 08:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The countess chuckles softly when Maekrix accuses everyone of having easy lives. After Aurell turns to her she ponders for a moment before speaking.
    "All of you have made valid points now I believe we may reach a compromise." She says as she pulls a scroll from out of her dress. "This is a scroll of a hero's feast. This will create a magical duplication of the best food you have ever had along with granting everyone benifical magical effects. I agree to a treaty and of your trading of men. I would however advise you that the reason Salimor is in haven in the first place is because of his ability to instigate feelings of hostility to the ruling class and that you would be better served taking another in his place. Now with that said I will be using this scroll tomorrow evening. You and your people are invited and Salimor and your other guest Will also be coming. There you and Aurell can hammer out the more legal aspects of our treaty and we can all begin to strengthen our positions in the grand scheme of things. Now if you don't mind it has become very late. I expect to see you and your men tomorrow evening and not a moment before."
    The countess stands and bows to everyone before exiting the building closely followed by her servant.
    Last edited by Aquateenflayer; 2009-01-12 at 04:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Maekrix rises restlessly out of his chair, and streches his tail and looks to Ir'Colo.

"It is settled then, but as the respective leaders of our tribes, I would require that I deal with you personally on our peace. Not one of your servents. I will lead my people away and return with the nameless one tomarrow. These talks have taken to many hours. I will now go and leave until tomarrow, but first 'the peacful one' will give me the tour he promised."

He looks at Aurell for a moment, and if there is nothing else to say from anyone, he leaves.
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-12 at 09:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

A silence falls as the small lizard man leaves, slightly uncomfortable. Aurell nervously resumes his usual smile, and speaks. Well then, I suppose I shall show him around. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t reveal any defense secrets or anything, and I will keep doing as you suggested before they arrived, Councilor Ir’Colo. Besides, I doubt I know enough about such tactical matters to know a trench from a latrine. Speaking of which, it certainly has been a busy first day for you, Councilor, but you knew it would be when you took the position. Let us prey that you will continue to act so wisely, for many years to come. With that, Aurell lets himself out.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Masayori walks out of the tent, out of Haven, and walks to a near tree. She kneels and bows to the tree, prays to the kami, and stands. She prays to the kami inside of her for strength and patience, and punches the tree, felling it with all of her strength. A sigh of relief escapes her as if a great burden has lifted off her soldiers.

She then returns to Haven and tries to find Chris for a very special project.

14. - Top - End - #164

After Maekrix finishes his conversation with Aurell, he moves his tribe out, back to his camp.

15. - Top - End - #165

After Maekrix finishes his conversation with Aurell, he moves his tribe out, back to his camp.

Spoiler
    Show
    I post on my cellphone alot, sometimes it gets screwy, sorry for the repeat post
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-14 at 09:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Aurell-Zukan-Masaori-Haven camp, The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

The rest of the night pass uneventfully. The next morning is a beautiful day but just a tad chilly. The camp seems a much happier place with the prisoners having been returned and preparations of a feast under way. It seems the Countess has canceled all other projects in favor of tonights festivities. Chris has put together crude bows and targets while a stage is being built in the center of town.

Maekrix-Lizardfolk Camp-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

When you get back to camp one of the men you left behind says how Quabil convinced two of the others to join him. THey say how he spouted something about the destroyer of giants and haunted drams as they left further inland. They also tell you that your special prisoner is finally coming to.

Salimor
    You awaken to one of your men tending to your wounds in the purple darkness of the lizard-mens' cave. A quick glance around shows you two things. The first is that the rest of your men have gone. The second your head is gravely damaged and moving it seems to be a bad idea.

17. - Top - End - #167

"Wakesee wakesee!"

Maekrix not too gently kicks Salmor's leg not too gently to make sure he is waking up. He looked like he may have a concussion and if he fell back asleep, he may not wake up again.

"We needs you ready to go back to your tribe, time to gets better and have big party put together by yours master."

Seeing Salmor awake, Maekrix finds one of Mesheek.

*"Mesheek, go to the ruins as an emessary. We need to speak with their cheif. Try to set up a meeting between him and I, tell him I have been spying on the humans, and have inside information that he would want to know. That way I can start putting our master plan into motion. Also, if you see Quabil, please kill him."

Maekrix then hands Mesheek his poisoned dagger.

*Translated from Draconic
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-14 at 09:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Aurell wakes early from his meditation, and takes a moment to enjoy the first signs of the sunrise. The blood-red image causes him to turn away. He quickly goes about his duties, holding only a short sermon. He does make sure to impress upon his flock the importance of being friendly but wary of their visitors, and to not get too drunk. How shall they beat the lizardmen at the games if they are too drunk to be a challenge?

After the sermon, Aurell goes back to his shelter, and enters a trance-like state. Not to sleep, but to learn. For there are many things he needs to know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Lore of the Gods, +10 to all Knowledge checks

What do I know about the black dragon to the north, or at least black dragons in general?
    Knowledge_Arcana - (1d20+14)[27]

How can we best use the trenches the Countess has dug to aid us?
    Knowledge_Architecture - (1d20+14)[18]

What other fortifications will we need to protect ourselves for the attack?
    Knowledge_Architecture - (1d20+14)[21]

Where can we find some stone in this area, enough to build houses?
    Knowledge_Geography - (1d20+14)[30]

Who is “Il-Lashtavar”?
    Knowledge_History - (1d20+14)[21]

Who is the Servant, how long has he served the Countess Ir’Colo?
    Knowledge_History - (1d20+14)[16]

What sort of things has the Countess done, both with her power as nobility and as a mage?
    Knowledge_History - (1d20+14)[34]

Who is “Il-Lashtavar”?
    Knowledge_Local - (1d20+14)[30]

What sort of customs and traditions do the lizardmen of this area have?
    Knowledge_Local - (1d20+14)[21]

What are the strengths, weaknesses, characteristics and abilities of lizardmen?
    Knowledge_Nature - (1d20+14)[15]

What type of lizardman is the Chieftain? I.E. What is a poison dusk?
    Knowledge_Nature - (1d20+14)[33]

What is the motto of the Ir’Colo family?
    Knowledge_Nobility - (1d20+14)[26]

Reduce time limit of Lore of Gods for special uses

Who is “Il-Lashtavar”?
    Knowledge_Psionics - (1d20+12)[18]

Retry any failed Knowledge check, in order of being asked but only once per, -2 if Knowledge Psionics
    Knowledge - (1d20+14)[22]
    Knowledge - (1d20+14)[18]
    Knowledge - (1d20+14)[27]

Several minutes later, Aurell smiles and gets up. Time to help set up the festival. As he goes about, helping where he can, he finds and informs Masayori and Zukan to meet him in one of the unfinished houses at a certain time. When the lizardmen arrive with Salmor, at an appropriate time he will bring Salmor and they will all discuss important matters. So they should meet with him at the house at that time.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, when Salmor arrives and I lead him off, just do a quick post saying you have joined us at the unfinished house. When you both are there, I’ll go over everything. You really do need to hear all this.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Masayori gives chris her orders for the day, making sure that she realizes we will be starting the barracks TOMORROW. She then proceeds to the house that Aurell indicated and waited, kneeling.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Maekrix-Lizardfolk Camp-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar
    It appears as if you have hit your prisoner a little too hard causing a gout of blood to spill out of his once again unconscious mouth. Mesheek leaves in a hurry seeing how this new development might leave you upset. The rest of your tribe look at you as if you did something obviously stupid and that you should be the one to fix the dieing man after breaking him and chasing away the tribes magic user not four hours ago.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zukzan tears himself away from the frantic festivities formulating around him and enters the predetermined home at the accepted time. He then takes a seat on the left hand of Masayori.
    -Mouse Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #172

"Fehelkkah!"

Maekrix curses under his breath.

"Yous!"

He points to the fat human.

"Better stay close to your boss. He sleepy now, dangerous for him to go sleepy while hurt like that!"

Maekrix leaves the humans be. Obviously unfit for travel. He then grabs two poisen dusks and two other lizard-folk.

*"Guard the humans. Let no one else go near them, especially Quabil. They are our key to glory."

He then departs with his entrouge to Haven, walking around the longer way, as to enter via the lake.

*translated from draconic
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-29 at 11:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Aurell-Zukan-Masaori-Haven camp, The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

"My pardons councilors but the lizardfolk have arrived." A one armed monk says as he pokes his head into the house. A scaled hand drops onto his shoulder and you see the monks mussels tense up to attack.

"More'n just lizard folk are here mate." Says the owner of the scaled hand. As he enters the room you see he's a human with some sort of monster's hand grafted onto himself. "Cap'n Reginald Darkheart at your service. The wind favored us nearly entire trip so we're here a touch early. 'Course looks like we came just in time to enjoy your festivities." He smiles and a gold tooth shines unnaturally brightly at you. "Just give the word and me and my men will start unloading the supplies onto the beach."

You lead your tribe through the lake and into Haven. Everyone but a single person seems to be preoccupied setting up some sort of training grounds perhaps to stage battles to thin both of your tribes. The one who sees you seems to be an elf and walks up to you. "Have you seen my badgers they should have come home last night. They weren't even in any of the big holes the mean lady had us dig to look for them. I'd be ever so grateful if you used your magic lizard people tracking to help me find them. HURRY UP AND FIND MY BABIES!"
    The towns folk look around to the yelling and when they see you all seem to flock around your tribe. For some reason they all seem to be trying to grasp the hands of your people. They are talking of greetings and archery and it is hard to translate. Some of your men begin reaching for their weapons in the chaos.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Aurell, among the crowd of people here to greet the lizardfolk, notices them reaching for weapons, obviously in response to the understandably excited crowd. He shouts to make himself clear, Alright everyone, back up, don’t crowd them. Give them some room to breath. Please, everyone, behind me, let’s do this nice and formal.

As the people back off, Aurell takes a moment to placate Chris. Now Chris, have you considered they might have gone to live in the wild? Perhaps they are right now snacking on some good food themselves. Why, I bet that’s why they have forgotten to come back to you. Don’t worry about them, and go help with the preparations for the festivities.

Aurell leaves Chris no matter how he replies and moves to the front of the crowd. He spots the Chieftain near the front, and stands in front of him. A quick bow, then Sir Chieftain, it is excellent to see you. Allow me to teach you a little of our culture. When I extend my hand like this, does so you do the same and grasp it. Then we shake them up and down. It is a way to greet friends, or Aurell gives a quick smile to assess the strength of the other. We call it shaking hands. Aurell hopes that the Chief will shake hands with him, and that the other lizardfolk will quickly grasp the concept and the meaning.

Whether or not the Chieftain shakes, Aurell continues. Now, the feast will be a little later. As for right now, we have planned several activities to pass the day comfortably, games and stories to further introduce our culture to you. Please, tell your men to relax and enjoy themselves. I should hope they do not need their weapons here, but they are of course allowed to carry them.

Now then, where is Salmor? I have not seen him for quite a while, and it would be good to catch up. Did he go by another route?
    Aurell scans the lizardfolk, but cannot see Salmor among the crowd.
    Last edited by Cobrateen2000; 2009-01-27 at 11:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Masayori proceed to follow the one-armed monk out of the tent. "If there is any way you can keep your supplies on the ship for just a day or two. I think it will be best for all of you to move in once the idiotic festivities are done." Masayori begins looking for Chris while walking with the unknown monk. "But enough on the current things, what about you? What took apart your arm? Where did you train?"
    Last edited by WaterTengu; 2009-01-27 at 08:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Maekrix seems not to particularlly care about any customs or traditions.

"You were just the one I was looking for, come with me imediatly! The Nameless One is sick and must have magical healing. If you truly posess the magic, you will acompany me and my companions back to my throne. If live sacrifice is needed, use one of your own. No lizardfolk would give his life for a human."

Maekrix walks off through the town towards the forest, beaconing The Peacefull One to follow.
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-29 at 11:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Aurell

Oh my, of course, give me a moment to get my things and then we will be on our way! Aurell rushes back to his bed, grabs his meager healing kit, stuffs a few pages of parchment from an inner pocket of his robes into a small mostly-empty bag nailed to a post that has the word “Suggestions” on it, and runs back to where the lizardfolk are. He tells one of the men still milling about to report that he is Heading out to heal Salmor to first the Countess and then the other Councilors, and finally follows the impatient poison dusk into the woods, alone unless someone offers to come with. Will you be leaving any of your men here, Chieftain? The villagers have been looking forward to this impromptu festival, and it would be a shame for us to delay the start of it.

28. - Top - End - #178

"My men are hungry, and there are too many young children around for me to safely leave them here alone. Also, they won't play your fighting games anyway. They are true warriors and only hunt prey, and then only to kill. Besides, only an idiot would send less that four into the jungle alone."

Maekrix turns to his companions.

"Arytiss, tah munthrek spical!"

Maekrix then bears his teath at the villagers and lets out a hissing growl, and then runs off into the jungle in a pack, with Aurell in the middle.
    Last edited by Galteland; 2009-01-29 at 11:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Masaori-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

"I apologize for my rudeness. I am known as Grestin Lain and I trained with the my uncle and other members of my extended family in the Whispering Woods of Aundair. After my rather brief education I was sent west to fight Eldeen separatists by mingling in with the townsfolk and striking when they least expected to be hit. As for my arm.. Well lets just say that if I would have remembered my manners and properly introduced myself to you when we first met I could have given you a proper hand shake. You know I have seen you move do all warforged have such grace in their movements or have you been formally trained? Please forgive my ignorance but you are the first warforged I have met and the only advice I was ever given when dealing with your kind is that warforged are not dissimilar to the living dead. "

Zukan-The 4th of Therendor of 998th Year of the Kingdom of Galifar

"Well Mr.Gnome..." Darkheart starts then checks to make all of the rest of the town leaders are out of earshot. "You're Zukan right? In charge of all of the sovereigns of the city right mate? Well I got a proposition for you. Ya see me an' my boys are treasure hunters of sorts and we're very good at our jobs but sometimes we get a hard time from local authorities caus' we're not so good on filling out of our paperwork, savy? So I says to me men that I'm sure our new friends in Haven would love to helps us out and it won't like we'd be doing it for free. You just give us some papers whenever we come round saying we bought all our stuff from here all nice and legal like and we give you all the proper taxes on it then next time we're inspected we won't have any problem with government types saying we stole our cargo. Now if you choose to help us out here my friend not only will you be earning a bit of gold but you will have my sword on your side in case the jungle takes a turn for the nasty. And trust you me it can. "He lifts his hand to emphisize his point.
    " No need to decide now. Let's just take us a little walk to my ship and you can inspect your cargo and sample some of my spirits as you mull it over." The captain reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small black bejeweled case of Karnathi cigars and offers you one as he lights his with his monsterous hand.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No, Captain, I do believe I need to decide now. I greatly appriciate your offer but do not desire the succor you descirbe. Be sure I will remember the gesture though. And as you have obviously checked we are alone so allow me to speak frankly, I and the city state of Haven will not abide to piracy. This is an absolute, but I am not an uncompromising man, you and you men are welcome to take up your...treasure hunting as privateers of Haven. You will only strike those ships that I deem enemies of this state, your official title will be head of the Shipmasters Guild and you will report directly to me. As your vocation will be a matter of 'trading' and all vessals 'merchant ships' there will be no need to inform any other councilmember or citizen of your activities.

And now, having thought it over, I would very much like to inspect the ships Captain, specifically your armanant and the sturdiness of your hull."
    Last edited by Surprise!; 2009-01-30 at 10:40 PM.
    -Mouse Fitzgerald