New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Good point, my dear happy...

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Alright, kiddies.
    Behave.
    I mean it!
    Miss you all so much already!
    Much loveses!
    ~Dirky Bear
    I'm totally going to have to work Dirk into a ship while he's out...
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

agreed. he won't be able to read it.

We could do mean nice things to him.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reading 8 pages of ships.....

Worth it.

Excellent work to all the authors, I would tell about my favorite parts, but to describe such greatness would take an hour, and I have to study.

Also, anyone mind if I sop writing Shadowland for a while? No one? Good.

I'll write when I have time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Reading 8 pages of ships.....

Worth it.
    For everything else, there's Mastercard.

>>
    <<

*flees*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't been reading the ships except for Curly's fics and IStLY fics for some pages now.

*flees*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Also, anyone mind if I sop writing Shadowland for a while? No one? Good.

I'll write when I have time.
    *Ahem*

*waves spork menacingly*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, here's the next bit. Think we're up to part 4.

Homecoming
    Starring - RHL and Ego Slayer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ego waved a hand. The fire under the pot flared and died, the boundary of the hemisphere of warmth shimmered. The pot itself settled on a faintly shimmering floating platter that hadn’t been there a moment before. Rabbit stared wide-eyed. I know how to do all of that, but to do it so quickly, so casually… The bubbled travelled with them as they walked, melting the snow before them so that they squelched through mud. Rabbit hated the mess it made on her boots, but decided that she preferred it to freezing.

She faltered upon first setting her eyes on Ego’s home. From the outside, it appeared to be a little rundown shack. The ill-fitting logs laid upon each other with gaps between them and holes in the thatching gave it an abandoned look. Ego, watching Rabbit’s reaction out of the corner of her eye, smiled inwardly as she strode up to the door. She placed her fingers upon the latch, and the door swung open silently. Ego turned to Rabbit and beckoned her inside with a smile. Rabbit stepped forward, bracing herself for the worst. She stopped in the doorway.

The interior took her breath away. It was far larger than the outside walls could contain. Thick, soft carpets covered the floor. Fireplaces on every wall filled the air with light and warmth. Shelves filled with books and strange equipment that she vaguely recognized as alchemical lined the walls. Tables holding racks of flasks and vials filled with colored liquids stood in corners.

A gentle poke from behind reminded her that she was not alone. “Go on in. It’s cold out here.” Blushing, Rabbit stooped the strip off her boots and moved out of the doorway, which vanished as Ego entered and closed it behind her. “I’d give you a tour, but there’s not much to see besides my laboratory and study, which you can already see.

The displays of power, while making Rabbit hunger for knowledge, had also made her wary. “Where are the doors? You have to be able to leave sometimes.

Ego looked faintly amused. “I can show you how to enter and leave this place whenever you wish. You should learn how to enter first. Without knowing how, the door would just take you inside that little shack, which I assure you is far less comfortable. We can start that first thing tomorrow. You’re still exhausted, and I’d hate for anything to happen to you before you’ve learned everything I have to teach you.” The dark, predatory look flashed behind her eyes again as she said the last. Rabbit flinched slightly as Ego laid a hand on her shoulder, then abruptly felt calm. Something about her touch was strangely soothing. “Come. I’ll show you where you can sleep tonight. We can prepare better accommodations for you tomorrow, if you decide you wish to stay.” Rabbit felt an odd sensation as Ego’s hand slipped off her shoulder, briefly brushing her back as it fell. It was pleasant – somehow intimate and sensual. She followed her hostess’ lead through another door that appeared when Ego touched a bare wall into an empty room. “I’ll bring you blankets and pillows. I hope you enjoy your stay.” Ego slipped back out of the room with another smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ego Slayer’s smile became less friendly, more calculating, as she turned and left Rabbit alone in the room. The brief physical contact had allowed Ego to touch Rabbit’s conscious mind. So young and naïve. It has been too long since I shaped another being to my will. There’s a little resistance there, but things that are too easy aren’t any fun. She chuckled softly to herself.

Feels a little rushed, but I can't put my finger on what's wrong when I reread it. Oh well. The next installment may have to wait a couple days, as I foresee it being very difficult to write.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

Home from Work
    Twobitwriter / Happyturtle

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy walked through the door from the office. As usual, Twobit met her at the door, kissed her hello, and hung up her coat for her.

"How was your day?"

"Don't ask,"
    Happy growled. "I don't want to talk about it." This was followed by a twenty minute rant about exactly how bad it had been in great detail. Meanwhile, Twobit led her to the sofa and snuggled and sympathized. And as usual, once she'd gotten it out of her system, she was quite willing to be kissed and cuddled and generally cheered up.

Over dinner, they discussed how his novel was coming along (good) and how her hunt for a better job was going (no word yet from her last interview) and then they moved on to more important matters, like whether their holiday this year should be skiing in Switzerland, or sailing in Greece. Never mind that they had to watch every penny to make ends meet, and that their holiday was almost certainly going to be driving three hours to spend Christmas with her sister's family. They took their hypothetical vacation very seriously.

"I've never been sailing before. I might get seasick, and then we'd have a miserable time."

"I might break my leg skiing. That wouldn't be fun."

"You won't break your leg on the beginner's hills. You won't be going fast enough."

"And it's cold. You'd be all bundled up in a hooded parka with goggles. Not much to look at."

"But the cabin will have a fireplace and a hot tub for fun and games later."

"Not much consolation. I won't be able to get into the hot tub with a cast on my leg. Come on... sailing the Greek islands. Nude sunbathing. Lots of fun to be had."

"Yeah, after I get a sunburn in unmentionable places?"

This went on for some time as they finished dinner and started clearing up.

"That bag of shopping by the pantry is the bathroom stuff. I forgot to go put it away."

"S'okay, I got it," she said, and went to put the soap and toothpaste and toilet paper in the bathroom. That's when she found the tube of lipstick.

She carried it back into the kitchen with her. "How did you know which one to get?" she asked.

"It's the one you wear, right? L'Oreal Colour Riche? It was on sale, so I couldn't resist."

"But you even remembered the color I like."

He shrugged. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him, hard and deep.

"You know, if you did break your leg, I'd have to wait on you hand and foot."

"And if we went sailing, I'd make it my personal mission to make sure sunscreen was applied every three hours."

I think this is the first one that I've set in the real world rather than the Playground universe. Weird.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-12-17 at 06:00 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Home from Work
    Twobitwriter / Happyturtle

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

I think this is the first one that I've set in the real world rather than the Playground universe. Weird.
    That was so damn cute!

How did you know just how perfect a husband I make?

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Mangosta- Yikes! Dark seduction of (sexy) doom. Very well written.

@ Happy- Well done. Not to often we see such realistic banter in the real world. I'm really looking forward to more of your ships .
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

Haha... thanks for the PM, Mangosta. I never manage to keep up with this thread!

And rawr.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

If only it was Christmas every day...

Cristo Meyers/happyturtle

Spoiler
    Show
    He didn't want to be here. Hell, he wasn't even payed for it! All of this because of the stupid little mistake.

“Next time I'll know when to stop beating the daylight out of Santa Claus...“

“What's that Santa?“

“Nothing, nothing! So tell me little boy... what do you want for christmas?“

“I want a pony!“

“Oh, for the love of... show some originality kid!“

“What's that Santa?“

“Nothing, nothing! Saaaaay kid... out of curiosity... who will feed the pony?“

The glimmering shine in childs eyes dimishied just a little by that question.

“Well... the faires could do it...“

“Oh sure. If by faires you mean that fat guy over there, who I guess is your old man. Reality check kid. Your parents just won't be able to support you and the horse. From the looks of it, you already are eating for a horse worht of food.“

That was enough. His lower lip trembling, the boy jumped down from his knees and started running away. But not before giving him the good kick into the shin.

“You big meanie!“

He would retort with something witty... had he not be too busy with the pain. In the last few hours he has been coughted on, spit on, even vomited on. This was a step over the line.

“I quit!“

Throwing his christmas hat down, he went for the exit with quick paces. But before he got there, the store manager caught up with him.

“Cristo! Need I remind you what happens if you don't serve your charity work to the end?“

He didn't. He knew well enough. But he wasn't ready to just give up like that.

“Look... there's gotta be a better way for us to get this over with. I mean... I'm miserable because I need to be here, you're miserable because I need to be here... The customers certainly aren't enjoying themselves...“

Sighing, the store manager noded.

“You have a point. Tell you what. Make the next customer satisfied and happy and we'll call it even.“

Seeing his smile, he quickly added:

“When I say happy, I don't mean a happy face painted on their real face!“

That made Cristo less cheerful. Realising this is his best bet however, he picked his hat up and went back to his chair. As he sat down, he called out, in practiced voice:

“Next!“

He didn't even look up, until the person sat down in his lap and he noticed this kid was somewhat heavier than the others.

Great, another fat ass.

But as he looked up, he noticed that this kid wasn't fat. He also noticed that, in fact, it wasn't a kid. As he looked her into the eyes, she smiled at him.

"Heya. The name is happyturle."

“Hey. Aren't you a little too old for Santa Claus?“

"Oh, I'm not here for presents. I just wanted a little time away from all the nosy kids. And seeing they have such a handy Santa Claus, I thought..."

“Yeeeees?“

"Well, you are supposed to make the wishes come true, are you not? I just thought..."

And she learned closer, whispering something into his ear. He looked at her, smile from ear to ear.

“It's higly unusual wish, but I think it can be arranged. Follow me.“

Putting a big “On leave“ sign on his chair, the two quickly got behind a big sign of the store, sporting their moto, You'll leave this place with a smile!

And really, after half an hour, both of them come back, one sporting bigger smile then the other one.

“Now where is he... Ah, there he is!“

Pulling happyturle closer to the store manager, Cristo quickly got his attention.

“Now what Cristo?“

“This is happyturle, your... satisfied customer.“

“What the hell... miss, is he talking the truth?“

"Oh yes. I've been most satisfied with your employee here. In fact... I think I'll be coming again. Tommorow, next day, next week... to the end of the year!"

His jaw dropping, the manager quickly collects himself and says to Cristo:

“Well Cristo, looks like I underestimated you. A guy like you is not be left go just like that. Because of that, you'll be working overtimes! Cristo?“

Waving a hand in front of him, happyturle is more than little amused.

“Looks like you stunned him. Must be because he's so happy.“

“Yeah... that's probably it.“

Yeah... I don't feel quite ok with this as well Mainly because I once again think it's crap

If anybody of you two doesn't like it, tell me and I'll remove it.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

14. - Top - End - #614

*snicker*

What hell did I get sent to where I have to be a store Santa?

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Of all the horrible things that have been done to Cristo over the past 4 threads, making him play Santa is definitely the cruellest. *sniffle*

*giggle* Well done, Mordy!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

GW; Hmmm, I did read it. And enjoy it. I wonder how I missed commenting on it
    Interesting that Ghost would feel the need to combust the house to get away from Rabbit
    Mango: Hawt. Hawt Ego is Hawt, and Rabbit would submit to her will with no necessary convincing =P
    Mordokai:Shut up, shut up, shut up! You write highly amusing fics and you will continue to do so, do you hear me?
    Great job.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Forest of Ice
    Destro/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show
    The trees in the forest were leafless. Under normal circumstances, it might have been depressing. But not today. It had rained recently, though it was back to snow now, and each of the trees was covered in a thick layer of ice. It was like walking through a crystal forest, Destro reflected.

Rabbit walked beside him, taking everything in silently. She still didn't know quite why she had let him drag her out here, out of the castle, but she had to admit that it was kind of pretty.

See? Destro was saying. I told you snow could be nice. Look at all this. He spread his hands out, encompassing the ice shrouded forest.

She nodded. I guess you were right. She looked up, watching light dance through the trees. Funny how I never noticed it before.

Took me a while. Back when I lived, I never noticed it. Too cold. He smiled back at her. Not so much of a problem now.

He had been like that more often recently. Talking about his past. All the things he had seen. All he had done. He had existed for a long time, and he had a lot of stories to tell. Sometimes she thought he kept them saved, never dispensing too many at once, just so he'd have an excuse to venture out of his basement.

Now though, he was silent. Well, not quite. He was humming. Or maybe not even humming. It sounded like there were words in there.Are you singing, Destro?

He smiled again. Sorry. I'll stop, if you don't like it.

No, keep going. That wasn't like her, she thought for a moment, but he had started singing again, louder this time, and she was caught up in the song.

There are places I'll remember
    All my life, though some have changed
    Some forever, not for better
    Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments
    With lovers and friends I still can recall
    Some are dead and some are living
    In my life, I've loved them all

Destro wasn't bad at singing. Maybe a little off key, sometimes. It didn't matter. He stopped after the second verse though, and grinned sheepishly. I don't know the rest. Only ever heard the first two verses. He wasn't very convincing. Especially since she knew how the rest of that song went.

That's ok... Destro turned back away, perhaps a little embarrassed that he'd let his feelings show so clearly.

They had reached the edge of the forest now. Fields stretched off below them, covered in a blanket of white. The lich pointed off at a village in the distance. You know what my favourite thing is about snow? He asked. It was obviously rhetorical, so Rabbit waited for him to continue. They can't bury their dead with the ground frozen. He grinned, and she laughed, and all the tension of a moment ago blew away in the wind.

There's another short installment in the Destro/Rabbit series for you. I have too much fun writing these. Also, it took me forever to find a song that fit well. >.>
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Mordokai- Your stories are good! You're not allowed to think otherwise. I really enjoyed it. *sends happy magic of self-esteem boosting at*
    And Cristo is such a mean Santa. Plus I really want to know what Happy wished for...

@ Destro- Well done. Friendly liches get so much more attention from the other undead than liches searching to destroy the multiverse. Looking forward to another installment.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-17 at 09:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Mordokai- Your stories are good! You're not allowed to think otherwise. I really enjoyed it. *sends happy magic of self-esteem boosting at*
    And Cristo is such a mean Santa. Plus I really want to know what Happy wished for...

@ Destro- Well done. Friendly liches get so much more attention from the other undead than liches searching to destroy the multiverse. Looking forward to another installment.
    I can totally write Rabbit/Cal love if he's feeling lonely, Rein =P

— Iain S. Thomas

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

I have become intrigued by this proposition and am always looking to get in more ships.

I accept your offer.

Course, the guy's a total creep. I didn't even realize he got lonely
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I have become intrigued by this proposition and am always looking to get in more ships.

I accept your offer.

Course, the guy's a total creep. I didn't even realize he got lonely
    ...crap. I have no idea how to write him >.<
    :: has to go off and research him a bit::

— Iain S. Thomas

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

I need a burst of inspiration.

Anyone want to volunteer for a shipfic? I need a couple of people.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt volunteers!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Feel free to drop me in, TwoBit.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

I just need a brief exercise to work up the will to work on A Shipper's Carol again. I only have two parts to go...and a single week to write them.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, why not?

27. - Top - End - #627

Two more episodes. Things are finally starting to come to a close.

Duty (Mordokai/Wolfbane/Reinholdt)
    Spoiler
    Show

“Sir Mordokai? I can’t say I expected to see you all the way out here.” The temple officer looked up from his book, “But then, we don’t usually get news right away out here in the frontier.”

“I just came to report in, sir.” Despite the officer’s informal demeanor, he was still Mordokai’s superior, “Have you received word about the village a few days from here?”

“We dispatched an investigator, but he’s only been out two days.”

“The rumors are true. The entire village was slaughtered and reanimated by the Dead Queen.”

The officer was stunned. “You’re positive?”

“I slew several of the undead myself.” Mordokai shifted his feet. “Sir, with your permission, I want to pursue this to the Dead Queen herself. She’s clearly a threat to the well-being of everyone out here.”

“Sir Mordokai, I don’t think I have to tell you the duties of the Redeemers. You aren’t a Justicar, you don’t pursue threats to the populace. Your duty is redemption and restoring order. I’ll assign one of our Justicars to this.”

“Sir, I’m already involved in this…” Mordokai protested.

“And for that, we thank you, Redeemer. But this is a mission for the Justicars, not you.”

“Sir, if you assign a Justicar to this, they are either going to go in blind and attempt to kill the Dead Queen or some other headlong and foolhardy action. Let me handle this, I’m available and can leave tomorrow. You’ll have to wait for a Justicar to report in and the Dead Queen could attack again in that time.” Mordokai straightened his back. “She’s already attacked me twice, sir. I want this mission.”

The officer was silent for a moment. He looked Mordokai over, sizing him up. He looked down at his book. “Sir Graham is the nearest Justicar, and he won’t return for at least three days, probably more. As far as I’m concerned, you’re still on leave and didn’t come here.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“Don’t thank me, Redeemer. You were never here.”

Reinholdt and Wolfbane were waiting outside the Heraldic Temple. They’d seen Mordokai go inside, all they had to do was wait for him to leave. Wolfbane growled. “I don’t like this. Something isn’t right…”

“You’re still thinking about that woman, aren’t you?”

“That scent was so familiar…”

“Later, here comes the Redeemer.” Reinholdt pointed as Mordokai left the temple. “Come on.”

“What are you going to do, just go up and ask ‘hi, what’s your mission today, good paladin?’”

“Something like that.” Reinholdt started walking to intercept Mordokai. “Ho! Paladin!” He waved at Mordokai. “A word!”

Mordokai stopped and turned, eyes widening with recognition when he spotted Wolfbane. “Yes?”

Reinholdt stood in front of Mordokai. “I’ll cut right to the point. The only reason a paladin of the Heraldic Order would be here is because he’s on a mission from the Order. Am I right?”

Mordokai’s glance went from Reinholdt to Wolfbane. “I can’t really talk about that.”

“In other words, yes. We’re mercenaries for hire. That’s why I waved you down. We wish to help you in your mission.”

“I don’t need extra help, thank you. You could inquire with the officer in charge inside the temple. He’s in charge of hiring out missions.” Mordokai stepped past Reinholdt and started to walk away.

“None of those missions involve the Dead Queen.” Reinholdt called after him.

Mordokai stopped. “How did you know about that?”

“Only one reason to bring Sir Mordokai the Humble all the way out here from the Heartlands.” Reinholdt said matter-of-factly. “It’s also the reason we’re talking to you.”

Wolfbane nodded. “A matter of business.”

“Mercenaries, eh?” Mordokai said skeptically, “You’re bounty hunters.”

“Call us what you wish, we’re still offering our services.”

Mordokai shook his head. “No, I’m sorry. If you’ll excuse me, I need to find my inn.”

Reinholdt nodded and stepped aside. “Of course. We’ll leave you be.”

Mordokai started to leave, but Wolfbane came up beside him. “The woman you were with earlier. Does she by chance have a brother?”

“Wolfbane!”

Mordokai held up a hand. “No, it’s alright, even if it is also a little odd. No, not to my knowledge. Now, if you’ll excuse me.” Mordokai disappeared down the street.

“Well,” Wolfbane started, “That seemed like a bust.”

“Quite the opposite. We’ve learned something very important, that his mission does indeed involve our Queen.”

“So then what do we do now?”

Reinholdt tapped his chest, eliciting a slight metallic pinging sound from the device that replaced his heart. “We report in.”

Practice Makes Perfect (Cristo (Mi'ir)/Mordokai/Serpentine)
    Spoiler
    Show

“Are you sure about this?” Serpentine asked cautiously. They sat alone in the room they had rented for the night. The city’s inns seemed extraordinarily busy, a single room was all they could find.

“Very. Come on, concentrate.” Mi’ir grumbled. “You know you can do it.”

Celestine purred her laugh from her spot on the bed. “I was starting to get used to you being a woman, Mira.”

“Shut. Up.”

Serpentine stifled another laugh. “Ok, I’ll try.” She gathered up the power and released it to do its work. This time she watched it as it worked on the knot holding Mi’ir’s transformation in place. Any time she noticed it starting to go awry, start doing anything except undoing the knot, she would nudge it back into place. As far as she could tell, it was working. The knot was coming undone. Curiosity started to stir and she gave the power another nudge, trying something else. Finally, the shift came, telling her that the spell was done.

She heard Celestine’s voice from behind her closed eyes. “Hello, handsome.”

Serpentine slowly opened her eyes to see Mi’ir restored to his original form. She slowly let go of the breath she had been holding. “Did it…”

Mi’ir found a mirror. “Yes you did.” He felt his side to make sure the wound hadn’t come open in the transformation. “And that’s not all…” The wound was healed. “You shaped the wound closed too.”

Serpentine flushed a little with a bit of pride. “I thought it would help.”

“That was foolish, Serpentine. You very easily could have made it much worse.” Mi’ir said sharply. Serpentine shrank back into herself. “But…what’s done is done and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Thank you. If you pulled it off, healing a wound with shaping abilities is a very complicated. It’s not something many people can do. Just don’t do it lightly.” Serpentine nodded. “You should get some rest. I’m going downstairs to wait for the paladin.” He stood up and left the room, leaving Serpentine alone with Celestine.

“You should be proud,” the cat said, “Mi’ir doesn’t give out compliments like that lightly.”

Serpentine smiled slightly. “Right now, all I feel is tired.”

Celestine’s tail twitched. “I could use a warm cushion.” Serpentine climbed into the bed and Celestine made herself comfortable on Serpentine’s lap. “Much better.” Serpentine didn’t hear, she was already fast asleep.

Mordokai found the inn with little trouble. Mi’ir wasn’t exactly forgettable, after asking around for a woman with Mi’ir’s description the villagers had led him pretty much straight to the inn they had found. He was about to ask the innkeeper what rooms they had rented, but someone came up behind him and laid a hand on his shoulder.

“Hello, paladin.”

Mordokai turned to see Mi’ir’s face. “I see you finally got your body back.”

Mi’ir smiled that somewhat smug smile. “Yes, finally. Was starting to think I might have to start altering all of my outfits.”

Mordokai chuckled. “Back to normal, I see. We found a set of rooms?”

“Err…room, singular, one bed, unfortunately.” Mi’ir smirked, “Or fortunately, depending on how you look at it.”

“Definitely back to normal…” Mordokai muttered. “Better than nothing, I suppose. I ran into your friends at the temple. They seemed very interested in what I was doing here.”

Mi’ir’s face went serious. “Did the lupine ask about me?”

“Wanted to know if my woman had a brother.”

“I see…I’ll have to be careful then. What about the Dead Queen?”

“We have leave to take care of her. We’ll leave tomorrow morning.”

Mi’ir’s eyes switched from Mordokai’s face to over his shoulder. The lupine, Wolfbane, was standing in the doorway. “We might not have that long…”

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Cristo! I'm so damn happy to see you being so productive with this series. You have no freaking idea!

Also, the fic I was gonna put together, it will likely have to wait until tomorrow. Widdle TwoBit is tiwed...

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

GW; Hmmm, I did read it. And enjoy it. I wonder how I missed commenting on it
    Interesting that Ghost would feel the need to combust the house to get away from Rabbit
    Yes, it's almost as if there's something there he doesn't want her to know about... Ghost likes to destroy the evidence. Also, I suppose burning down Mordy's house was a bit cathartic after the dream he had the previous night.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-17 at 11:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Bugbear in the Playground

I feel bad. I would be catching up on reading fics and writing my own, but I've had a long day. Stupid knee crapped out on me, and I had to move all of the junk I'm not taking home into my room for next semester (with a lot of help, of course, because of the knee dilemma). So now I'm really tired.

I'll try and catch up at home, when my brother isn't busy wasting his life on WoW.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden