New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

You know, Nil, it's all your fault Mordy fell. You just made Shadowland sound too tempting.

*offers Nil a potion of Cure Disease (chicken soup flavoured)*
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-12-21 at 10:09 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    You know, Nil, it's all your fault Mordy fell. You just made Shadowland sound too tempting.

*offers Nil a potion of Cure Disease (chicken soup flavoured)*
    *still can't believe he fell*
    >.<

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    *still can't believe he fell*
    >.<
    Better believe it.
    Sssh. ;) It's really an elaborate scheme to get the get him into the confidences of AMEN and PEACE so that he can infiltrate the organizations and reform their legislature; resulting in the eventual redemption of all members. But you never heard that from me! >.> <.<

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

And now, good sirs and ladies of the thread I present you with what has come before in:

Definition drabble

Outraged
    Accentuate
    Domicile
    Alienist
    Prolix
    Dragoon
    Ineffable
    Golem
    Jurisprudence
    Definition - by Helgraf
    LotharioExculpate
    Touchstone
    Prelapsarian
    Remora
    Kickshaw
    Bifurcate
    Simulacrum
    Undulant

And the latest

Definition drabble

Wisenheimer - smart aleck
    Spoiler
    Show

With a blood - sickening crack the sword sprang clear, bone fragments flying free into the clearing. "What Mother?"
    RHL curled into a foetal position and whimpered high. "What was it you wanted Mother? You can tell your little one. Go on." But those gentle words were accompanied by a tight twisting grip on RHLs’ wound. RHL cried out thinly.
    Mordokai was frozen by the words and actions at cross - purposes.
    "Mummy wouldn’t want this.""Our - " she gasped in fitfully, "Our, mother; she, she wouldn’t want this. Drider of Semmaru wanted us to be happy. Please, please just remember!"
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-01-01 at 01:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I wanted to write something else, but the more I write it... the less I like it We'll see what tommorow turns out. So, for now, just this small, soppy...

Letter

Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I write this? Does it have a point? Will it change anything? No, it won't. And yet, I can't hold this inside anymore. I got to let it, scream it, less it chokes me. And who knows, perhaps, just perhaps, it will mean something.
    How long has it been? A year? Less? It doesn't really matter. You came quitely and you took a part of my heart. Did I say took? No, I was wrong. I gave it to you wilingly. And I would do so again, without the second thought. But if that is so, why does it hurt so much? Why is the pain there? How to get rid of it? Once again, I ask myself these question. And once again, like so many times before, I know not the answer.
    I just want to touch you. Run my fingers down your arm, caressing your tender skin. Kiss your lips, feeling them under my own. I just want to feel you, knowing that you are there for me. But you are not. And I can't. You are far away, too far. And no matter what I do... you are staying there.
    Perhaps it's for the best. You deserve somebody better. You deserve somebody that will be able to give you everything you deserve. Somebody that will be able to spoil you the way you deserve. Me, I cannot do that. All I can give you is my heart. And seeing you already have that... yeah, I have nothing for you.
    So I'm sitting here, watching your picture. Those eyes, ever so sad, ever so deep. Those hairs, ever so soft. Those lips, ever so full.
    I watch it and it makes me smile.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Can't believe I actually posted that...
    Been there before brother. Know that stretch of road all too damn well.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Sacrifice
    Mordakai/Happyturtle (with appearances by Flora and Rabbit)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Are you sure?" Rabbit asked.

Turtle rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm sure. We've all seen what he's doing to Flora. We have to rescue her."

"I know, but is this the only plan you can come up with? I mean, come on, sis, you're a warrior."

"And risk Flora getting killed in the crossfire? Just trust me. We do the hostage exchange now, and I'll fight my way out later. You just keep her safe. I can take care of myself."

Turtle stepped out into the clearing to face the Blackguard Mordokai. "My freedom for hers. That was the deal. Now let her go."

Mordokai leered. "Can you truly trust a villain? What if I decides to keep both of you captured, for my sick pleasure and... amusement?"

"Of course you can't be trusted. But if you refuse to honour your word and release her, good luck getting the manacles on the raging barbarian. However, if the dryad makes it safely to Rabbit's protection, then I'll take her place. And since I'm one of the good guys, you know my word is good."

"Playing rough, are we? I like it. I like it a lot. But... lets take another look at this. Don't you think she could be of much more use to us both than only to Rabbit? I'm not a greedy man... I'm quite willing to share."

"She's quite lovely, but my tastes don't run that way."

"Too bad... too bad indeed. It would be so much more fun... but I am a man of my word. Having just you is fine as well. For now. I can always get the dryad back. So, if you really want, I'll set her free. But think carefully on this one."

"I trust Rabbit to protect her from your villainy. Do we have a deal?"

He smirked, and dragged the poor dryad forward by her chains. Turtle's heart broke to see her--bruised and beaten, weeping silently, lest the sound of her sobs bring unwanted attention to her. It was terrible to see someone so mistreated, but for Turtle, who had never met Flora before, it was far worse to see what Mordokai had sunk to.

"And you aren't afraid I'll do the same to you?"

Turtle only raised an eyebrow, and the villain laughed. He knew she wasn't afraid of pain. He roughly pulled the dryad to her feet and unlocked her chains. "Run along now. Mustn't keep your new mistress waiting. You might make her angry."

"Don't listen to him. My sister will be kind to you. Go."

Eyes wide in panic and disbelief, the dryad fled the cruel Blackguard she had once loved. Turtle watched until she saw Rabbit take the weeping Flora into her arms and teleport them both away.

She turned back to Mordokai, who looked her over possessively with a cruel smile on his face.

"Now come closer, I've got a jewelry for you you might wanna try,"
    he said, holding out the chains that Flora had worn. But she could see by the subtle shift of his stance that he now expected an attack. She stepped forward, holding out her hands to him, wrists together, and was amused to see the momentary flash of surprise on his face.

"Such lovely wrists... almost a shame to see them in chains..."
    he mused, as he closed the manacles around her wrists. As he turned the key and the bolt locked in place, Turtle released the enchantment she had so carefully prepared into the chain. The magic was subtle enough that it didn't attract any notice from the Blackguard.

He turned abruptly and tugged on her chain, forcing her to walk rather quickly to keep from stumbling behind his long strides as he dragged her into his fortress. His minions ogled and laughed as they saw the proud barbarian warrior in chains, but she fixed them with a cool glare and the hint of a smile.

As soon as he pulled her into his chambers, he closed and locked the door, and then pushed her against it and kissed her passionately. He drew back, just enough to speak. "Why are you really here? Rabbit has always lusted after the dryad. I knew she would intervene, but what is Flora to you?"

"You're right. I didn't come for Flora. I came for you."

"To kill me?"

"To save you. The way you once saved me."

He smirked, stroking her face with his long fingers. "You miscalculated. I have freedom now that I never had in my former life. No, I won't be returning to the path of good. Now then... will you follow me to the bedchamber? Not that you have much choice in the matter since I own you now, but let it never be said that Mordokai wasn't a gentleman with a beautiful woman."

She presses her body against his, putting her bound hands on his chest plate and looking up into his eyes.

"Can you really own something without it becoming a part of you? Wherever you go, whatever you do, I'll be right there. I'll be your conscience. Reminding you of who you used to be, and refusing to give up on you."

His own eyes narrow. "If you become tiresome, then I'll discard you the way I did the dryad. You saved that poor wretch. I intended to execute her when I was through with her. Who will save you? No, that really wasn't the smartest thing to do... But for now, you being close is quite pleasing"

"To die trying to save a man's soul? There are worse fates. I owe my own salvation to you. I won't let you go."

"The rumors of your bravery were true, I see. I like seeing that. There is no worse than seeing a coward of a human. Now then, you have any request? If it does not involve me doing good, you can have it. Slaves, food, exquisite gowns... all you need to do is but ask and you shall receive."

"Seeking to corrupt me already? You forget, Blackguard, I've been where you are now. I know where that path leads, and you won't find it easy to persuade me back on it again. My life and my body are yours, to do with as you please, but my soul is my own."

Turtle ran her fingers through his hair and murmured in his ear. "What I would ask of you is your redemption. But since you are not ready for that... perhaps... I might ask you to let me remove some of this heavy plate mail. Surely you will be more comfortable without it?"

"Yes... you are probably correct. Want to help me get rid of it?"

"As you command, my Lord."

Turtle began expertly unbuckling the heavy, dark armour. The Blackguard could see that, although she didn't wear heavy armour herself, she'd been trained in its use. Even with bound hands, the armor was soon lain aside, revealing a muscled and heavily scarred chest.

In one quick two-handed motion she drew the dagger that had been strapped to her right thigh, just under her skirt. The point pressed against his ribs for just a second, long enough to make it clear to him that she could have taken his life right then.

But in another quick motion, she flung the dagger away, where it quivered in the wall.

"I could never bring harm to you. If you died now, you would face damnation, and I won't allow that."

She lifted her bound hands and placed them behind his head, so that her arms were around his neck, and kissed him once more as her body melted against his in complete surrender.

Sometime much later, he stroked her hair gently, lying next to her on the bed. "If you're going to redeem me like this, we should do it more often."

She smiled up at him, her eyes still glazed over in passion. "Make no mistake, my Lord. I will win back your soul, if I have to fight through the gates of hell. No sacrifice would be too great." She snuggled against him, kissing his shoulder. "But this... this was no sacrifice at all."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Best of You
    starring Lex-kat, Helgraf, Nil, Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show

Lex-kat drew her both of her sai, as Helgraf turned around.

Oh come on. There's no need to be like that. After all, I wouldn't want to scar that pretty body of yours. he said. Go on. Put the gown on. I'll wait for you. he said motioning with his hands.

Lex looked at the gown a moment before picking it up, then she stabbed her sai through it, and pulled down, ruining it. She tossed it at Helgraf's feet.

Going to be like that then. Fine. he sighed, and drew out his sword. Then I guess I will have to scar that pretty body of yours. Such a shame.

Helgraf started advancing forward, and went into a charge. Lex went on the defense, blocking his blade with her sai. But Helgraf's momentum pushed her back a little bit.

Lex pushed the sword off to the side, and tried stabbing him in the stomach, but Helgraf quickly jumped back, easily dodging her short range. He charged her again, and once more she blocked. And once more she was pushed closer to the wall.

If Helgraf managed to pin her there, then she would lose for sure. Pushing back at Helgraf, she broke his guard and went on the offensive, pushing Helgraf back now.

But Helgraf was not done yet. Bringing his sword up high, he slashed down at Lex, who used both of her sai to block. Her arms shook and she went to one knee as she blocked the attack. Helgraf raised his sword once more and sturck at the sai.

This time, her arms bent. He had too much strength.

As he raised the his sword again, Lex used the oppurtunity and stabbed him through the foot with one of her sai.

He screamed in pain as she backed off, his sword missing wildly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    You were the last person I was expecting Nil. I would greet you and show you around the palace, but it seems you already been here before. Magtok said.

I know what you did Magtok. Your a traitor to Happy and the rest of the palace.

Magtok waved aside a hand at the accusation. Please. People are too afraid of me to stand up to me. And those that do stand up are killed. With no opposition to the throne, the people silently submit to my will. I'm not what you would call a traitor Nil. Only a person who has my own best interests at heart.

You tried killing me. That in and of itself is bordering on treason.

Once again, all you think about is you. How about thinking about others for a change. What about the people? Can't you think about them? How their lives will become better? How the gap betweent the porr and the rich will close? How everyone shall live freely without fear of oppression? Why do you always think it is about you Nil. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know.

And what about Happy and RHL. What about Lex-kat and Wolfbane? What about them Magtok!?

Magtok frowned. They know too much, so they must be silenced. As you shall. An inconvience, I must admit. I would have preferred to have you on my side. You were just too good to corrupt. Such a pity. Imagine how far you could have gone.

I prefer to deal out justice Magtok. To live my life as my own. TO do what is right.

And who are you to decide what is right and wrong? Who gave you that power to make that decision?

You did Magtok. A confused look passed across Magtok's face, so Nil went on. You choose to become King didn't you. You chose to put RHL and Happy in the dungeon. You chose to betray me during the war. You made all the wrong choices. I made the right ones. I didn't do what was best for me, I did it for what was best for everyone.

Look around you Nil! This is what is best for everyone!

No, this is what is best for you Magtok. Not for them.

Magtok sighed. Very well then. I guess it comes to an end now. It seems that I have no choice but to get rid of you. Magtok said, drawing his sword.

Nil drew his own sword.

If you want something done right, you got to do it yourself! Magtok shouted, and charged. Nil met him in the middle.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-12-21 at 07:00 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

I was going to write something, but I can hardly do that now. It'll have to wait a little. You two are a really tough act to follow.

Both of those are really good.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    The Best of You
    starring Lex-kat, Helgraf, Nil, Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    Great story Deathslayer. You did the Sai justice.

Sacrifice

Spoiler
    Show
    *SNIP*
    And yours is really good Turtle. Can't wait for the next chapter.

There is going to be a next chapter, correct?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-12-21 at 07:53 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Great story Deathslayer. You did the Sai justice.

And yours is really good Turtle. Can't wait for the next chapter.

There is going to be a next chapter, correct?
    I hope so, though at the moment, I have no idea what to write.

Any takers on making it a collaborative series?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

I hope so, though at the moment, I have no idea what to write.

Any takers on making it a collaborative series?
    This ship I have half-written out might serve well as a prequel >>

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

And of course there's Rabbit and Flora's story to be written too. I don't think I could do that.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #763
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sacrifice

Spoiler
    Show
    snip
    Not very much hope for evil Morokai, but very good. I hope you write more.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #764

DS7-Yes! Magtok Vs. Nil on PPV!!

HT-Loved it. We should try that on Mordy in real life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Happy- Wow. That was really well done. And hot.
    Mordokai has all the luck...
    I still plan on helping you, Happy, in saving Mordokai.

@ Deathslayer7- Yay! Go Lex!
    And Magtok has a true villainy motive. Yay Magtok!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-21 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, that's long enough.

Anyways, the other day I was at a party, and had a fair bit to drink, and ended up coming up with a couple ship ideas. I wrote them down, because I wanted to remember them. This is the sort of idea that pops up when Destro is inebriated:

Happy Anniversary

Dirk Kris/???
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dirk sat at the table, looking down into his wine glass and smiling. We made it. They said we couldn't, you know, but we did. He touched his glass to hers, then drank.

Sorry I don't see you so often anymore. I've been really busy. It's hard work, but I don't mind. I do it all for you. You deserve it. He waved a hand, indicating the house, the food, the cars in the driveway.

All for you, my dear. You're the reason for my success. Without you, well, I don't know where I'd be. And.. He paused to take another sip of mine. I'm glad to see that the.. er.. accident. Well, what I mean to say is that you're holding up remarkably well.

They stayed there silently, for a little longer. The night stretched on. Eventually, Dirk pushed his plate away and glanced at his watch. I'm sorry, but I've got some work to do. I'll see you later.

He stood, walked over, looked down into the coffin. His wife's dead eyes stared back up, their dark blue colour a stark contrast to her pale skin. He closed them and leaned down, kissing her softly on the cheek. Happy Anniversary, my love.

Destro's mind is a scary place to be. Sorry Dirk, I needed someone to put in here. You fit the bill.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Destro- Creepy Rabbit is... wait a sec. This is creepy Dirk!
    *shudders*
    Well done.
    CREEPY
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    @ Destro- Creepy Rabbit is... wait a sec. This is creepy Dirk!
    *shudders*
    Well done.
    CREEPY
    For srs.
    Creepy Rabbit approves, as per usual.

— Iain S. Thomas

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Ok, that's long enough.

Anyways, the other day I was at a party, and had a fair bit to drink, and ended up coming up with a couple ship ideas. I wrote them down, because I wanted to remember them. This is the sort of idea that pops up when Destro is inebriated:

Happy Anniversary

Dirk Kris/???
    Spoiler
    Show
    snipship

Destro's mind is a scary place to be. Sorry Dirk, I needed someone to put in here. You fit the bill.
    Wow... very good...

There have been so many quality postings... I need to get my butt in gear!

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Sacrifice

Spoiler
    Show
    "Are you sure?" Rabbit asked.

Turtle rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm sure. We've all seen what he's doing to Flora. We have to rescue her."

"I know, but is this the only plan you can come up with? I mean, come on, sis, you're a warrior."

"And risk Flora getting killed in the crossfire? Just trust me. We do the hostage exchange now, and I'll fight my way out later. You just keep her safe. I can take care of myself."

Turtle stepped out into the clearing to face the Blackguard Mordokai. "My freedom for hers. That was the deal. Now let her go."

Mordokai leered. "Can you truly trust a villain? What if I decides to keep both of you captured, for my sick pleasure and... amusement?"

"Of course you can't be trusted. But if you refuse to honour your word and release her, good luck getting the manacles on the raging barbarian. However, if the dryad makes it safely to Rabbit's protection, then I'll take her place. And since I'm one of the good guys, you know my word is good."

"Playing rough, are we? I like it. I like it a lot. But... lets take another look at this. Don't you think she could be of much more use to us both than only to Rabbit? I'm not a greedy man... I'm quite willing to share."

"She's quite lovely, but my tastes don't run that way."

"Too bad... too bad indeed. It would be so much more fun... but I am a man of my word. Having just you is fine as well. For now. I can always get the dryad back. So, if you really want, I'll set her free. But think carefully on this one."

"I trust Rabbit to protect her from your villainy. Do we have a deal?"

He smirked, and dragged the poor dryad forward by her chains. Turtle's heart broke to see her--bruised and beaten, weeping silently, lest the sound of her sobs bring unwanted attention to her. It was terrible to see someone so mistreated, but for Turtle, who had never met Flora before, it was far worse to see what Mordokai had sunk to.

"And you aren't afraid I'll do the same to you?"

Turtle only raised an eyebrow, and the villain laughed. He knew she wasn't afraid of pain. He roughly pulled the dryad to her feet and unlocked her chains. "Run along now. Mustn't keep your new mistress waiting. You might make her angry."

"Don't listen to him. My sister will be kind to you. Go."

Eyes wide in panic and disbelief, the dryad fled the cruel Blackguard she had once loved. Turtle watched until she saw Rabbit take the weeping Flora into her arms and teleport them both away.

She turned back to Mordokai, who looked her over possessively with a cruel smile on his face.

"Now come closer, I've got a jewelry for you you might wanna try,"
    he said, holding out the chains that Flora had worn. But she could see by the subtle shift of his stance that he now expected an attack. She stepped forward, holding out her hands to him, wrists together, and was amused to see the momentary flash of surprise on his face.

"Such lovely wrists... almost a shame to see them in chains..."
    he mused, as he closed the manacles around her wrists. As he turned the key and the bolt locked in place, Turtle released the enchantment she had so carefully prepared into the chain. The magic was subtle enough that it didn't attract any notice from the Blackguard.

He turned abruptly and tugged on her chain, forcing her to walk rather quickly to keep from stumbling behind his long strides as he dragged her into his fortress. His minions ogled and laughed as they saw the proud barbarian warrior in chains, but she fixed them with a cool glare and the hint of a smile.

As soon as he pulled her into his chambers, he closed and locked the door, and then pushed her against it and kissed her passionately. He drew back, just enough to speak. "Why are you really here? Rabbit has always lusted after the dryad. I knew she would intervene, but what is Flora to you?"

"You're right. I didn't come for Flora. I came for you."

"To kill me?"

"To save you. The way you once saved me."

He smirked, stroking her face with his long fingers. "You miscalculated. I have freedom now that I never had in my former life. No, I won't be returning to the path of good. Now then... will you follow me to the bedchamber? Not that you have much choice in the matter since I own you now, but let it never be said that Mordokai wasn't a gentleman with a beautiful woman."

She presses her body against his, putting her bound hands on his chest plate and looking up into his eyes.

"Can you really own something without it becoming a part of you? Wherever you go, whatever you do, I'll be right there. I'll be your conscience. Reminding you of who you used to be, and refusing to give up on you."

His own eyes narrow. "If you become tiresome, then I'll discard you the way I did the dryad. You saved that poor wretch. I intended to execute her when I was through with her. Who will save you? No, that really wasn't the smartest thing to do... But for now, you being close is quite pleasing"

"To die trying to save a man's soul? There are worse fates. I owe my own salvation to you. I won't let you go."

"The rumors of your bravery were true, I see. I like seeing that. There is no worse than seeing a coward of a human. Now then, you have any request? If it does not involve me doing good, you can have it. Slaves, food, exquisite gowns... all you need to do is but ask and you shall receive."

"Seeking to corrupt me already? You forget, Blackguard, I've been where you are now. I know where that path leads, and you won't find it easy to persuade me back on it again. My life and my body are yours, to do with as you please, but my soul is my own."

Turtle ran her fingers through his hair and murmured in his ear. "What I would ask of you is your redemption. But since you are not ready for that... perhaps... I might ask you to let me remove some of this heavy plate mail. Surely you will be more comfortable without it?"

"Yes... you are probably correct. Want to help me get rid of it?"

"As you command, my Lord."

Turtle began expertly unbuckling the heavy, dark armour. The Blackguard could see that, although she didn't wear heavy armour herself, she'd been trained in its use. Even with bound hands, the armor was soon lain aside, revealing a muscled and heavily scarred chest.

In one quick two-handed motion she drew the dagger that had been strapped to her right thigh, just under her skirt. The point pressed against his ribs for just a second, long enough to make it clear to him that she could have taken his life right then.

But in another quick motion, she flung the dagger away, where it quivered in the wall.

"I could never bring harm to you. If you died now, you would face damnation, and I won't allow that."

She lifted her bound hands and placed them behind his head, so that her arms were around his neck, and kissed him once more as her body melted against his in complete surrender.

Sometime much later, he stroked her hair gently, lying next to her on the bed. "If you're going to redeem me like this, we should do it more often."

She smiled up at him, her eyes still glazed over in passion. "Make no mistake, my Lord. I will win back your soul, if I have to fight through the gates of hell. No sacrifice would be too great." She snuggled against him, kissing his shoulder. "But this... this was no sacrifice at all."
    *stamps with a giant stamp saying "QUALITY!"*

That was a great ship, and you need to write more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Jumping ahead in continuity juuuuuuuuust a bit.

Uninvited (IStLY fic)
    ghost_warlock/RabbitHoleLost (Gezina & TwoBitWriter mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show

His business with that horrible soothsayer completed, the man sent on his way, Ghost Warlock comtemplated his next step. Much to his annoyance, there wasn't much for him to do.

"Make a plan and follow through; keep busy," he told himself as he had many times before. Since the death of his wife, he'd taken refuge in action; done all he could to remain busy and not succomb to the grief he felt welling up inside him.

This time of year had proved increasingly difficult. With Ina off making preparations for her wedding, Ghost found himself completely alone again.

He walked through the frigid countryside, noting the smoking chimneys of the occasional farm house. Most of the homes had gone dark hours before, their occupants drifting off to sleep in warm beds, surrounded by loved ones.

The howling wind mocked his lonliness. He scowled.

He found himself amidst a small town, walked its dark main street. As he took in the landmarks, he realized he'd been here before, many years ago. Much had changed, but the shops, passed from father to son to grandson, remained largely the same. A thought occurred to him and he approached one of the lightless buildings, stepped through the dimensions to get inside unhindered by doors or locks.

The lone patron, he browsed the goods lining various shelves, looking for anything of interest. Spotting something tucked away on a high shelf, he walked over to inspect the object. A smile flickered across his lips.

In the back room he found a small box. He slipped his prize inside, fitted the box with a lid he found nearby, and tied the box shut with twine.

Though none of this inventory was likely to be missed for days, if at all, he dropped a handful of coins from his purse onto the counter. Worth many times the value of what he'd taken, he knew the money would serve shopkeeper and his family better than himself. He laughed at himself for even bothering, but there was something symbolic about the action that seemed important.

Leaving the shop and town behind him, he headed towards the home of his only remaining family, Ina besides. 'Poor Rabbit,' he thought, 'I wonder if she's found herself alone this evening as well. Perhaps she'd like a visitor.'

It was late when he finally arrived at her citadel of glass, tucked away far from the hustle and bustle of civilization; away from society's judging eyes.

Utilizing his teleportative abilities again, he ignored the gates and walked through the courtyard and up to the front door. He placed his package delicately on the front stoop and pounded solidly on the door several times, making sure to wake her if she slumbered inside.

With that, he left, teleporting far outside the citadel walls and again to carry him far from sight into the swirling snows caught on the wind.

Swearing at the disturbance of her studies, Rabbit hurried down the stairs of her tower, sending out a mental call to her zombie minions in case trouble was brewing. By the time she reached her front door, the courtyard was swarming with a smallish undead horde.

Swinging the door open, it took her a brief moment to notice the offending package. She stared at it for another moment, wondering who could have left this for her, wondering what she would find within.

Taking no chances, lest it be a 'gift' from one of her many enemies, she set her zombies upon it, stepping back from her doorway and activating protective wards in case it should explode or have otherwise harmful effects once the zombies tore through the packaging.

It took mere seconds before the box was torn asunder under the onslaught of her minions. She caught a brief sight of the contents before it disappeared into the arms of one of her zombies. A desperate mental call paused the zombies in their attacks and, as one mind, the stepped back from the object, fading away to various parts of her citadel.

Approaching, Rabbit looked down at the battered and torn remains of her gift. The zombies had been hard on it, but she knew they'd done no damage she couldn't herself repair.

On her stoop, laying half in the snow, was a small, stuffed bear; nearly identical to the one she'd had in childhood.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-22 at 03:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Uninvited (IStLY fic)
    Spoiler
    Show

His business with that horrible soothsayer completed, the man sent on his way, Ghost Warlock comtemplated his next step. Much to his annoyance, there wasn't much for him to do.

"Make a plan and follow through; keep busy," he told himself as he had many times before. Since the death of his wife, he'd taken refuge in action; done all he could to remain busy and not succomb to the grief he felt welling up inside him.

This time of year had proved increasingly difficult. With Ina off making preparations for her wedding, or combing over what tidbits the soothsayer had provided, Ghost found himself completely alone again.

He walked through the frigid countryside, noting the smoking chimneys of the occasional farm house. Most of the homes had gone dark hours before, their occupants drifting off to sleep in warm beds, surrounded by loved ones.

The howling wind mocked his lonliness. He scowled.

He found himself amidst a small town, walked its dark main street. As he took in the landmarks, he realized he'd been here before, many years ago. Much had changed, but the shops, passed from father to son to grandson, remained largely the same. A thought occurred to him and he approached one of the lightless buildings, stepped through the dimensions to get inside unhindered by doors or locks.

The lone patron, he browsed the goods lining various shelves, looking for anything of interest. Spotting something tucked away on a high shelf, he walked over to inspect the object. A smile flickered across his lips.

In the back room he found a small box. He slipped his prize inside, fitted the box with a lid he found nearby, and tied the box shut with twine.

Though none of this inventory was likely to be missed for days, if at all, he dropped a handful of coins from his purse onto the counter. Worth many times the value of what he'd taken, he knew the money would serve shopkeeper and his family better than himself. He laughed at himself for even bothering, but there was something symbolic about the action that seemed important.

Leaving the shop and town behind him, he headed towards the home of his only remaining family, Ina besides. 'Poor Rabbit,' he thought, 'I wonder if she's found herself alone this evening as well. Perhaps she'd like a visitor.'

It was late when he finally arrived at her citadel of glass, tucked away far from the hustle and bustle of civilization; away from society's judging eyes.

Utilizing his teleportative abilities again, he ignored the gates and walked through the courtyard and up to the front door. He placed his package delicately on the front stoop and pounded solidly on the door several times, making sure to wake her if she slumbered inside.

With that, he left, teleporting far outside the citadel walls and again to carry him far from sight into the swirling snows caught on the wind.

Swearing at the disturbance of her studies, Rabbit hurried down the stairs of her tower, sending out a mental call to her zombie minions in case trouble was brewing. By the time she reached her front door, the courtyard was swarming with a smallish undead horde.

Swinging the door open, it took her a brief moment to notice the offending package. She stared at it for another moment, wondering who could have left this for her, wondering what she would find within.

Taking no chances, lest it be a 'gift' from one of her many enemies, she set her zombies upon it, stepping back from her doorway and activating protective wards in case it should explode or have otherwise harmful effects once the zombies tore through the packaging.

It took mere seconds before the box was torn asunder under the onslaught of her minions. She caught a brief sight of the contents before it disappeared into the arms of one of her zombies. A desperate mental call paused the zombies in their attacks and, as one mind, the stepped back from the object, fading away to various parts of her citadel.

Approaching, Rabbit looked down at the battered and torn remains of her gift. The zombies had been hard on it, but she knew they'd done no damage she couldn't herself repair.

On her stoop, laying half in the snow, was a small, stuffed bear; nearly identical to the one she'd had in childhood.
    Awww, that's incredibly sweet.
    And there may be a ship coming after this..
    Maybe. I'm supposed to be burning CD's for a friend >>

— Iain S. Thomas

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

@ GW- Awww.... Well it's Awww until the bear starts walking, talking, and mass killing anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to try and put together something else yet tonight/tomorrow, too. I really think that Ghost should react to the events in "Whisper 10," since there was a continuity issue involved with 'rescuing' 2bw. Even though this means I'll be jumping back and forth in the fic chronology. >.< I just hate to see such an awesome fic go unanswered or treated as if it never happened...even if it basically means writing a solo fic since there's not really anyone around for GW to interact with that won't exacerbate the tangled plot at this point.

25. - Top - End - #775

Forging Implements - Part II [ISTLY]
    (( follows Part I, but quickly passes Devoted to sync with Past the Point then forward again to almost catch up with Squicky Family ))

Spoiler
    Show

With each step she felt the energy of the grail coming closer; felt the emanation of its power rolling out like waves, sinking into the earth, into the ley network, subtly defiling the natural power there. She considered trying to contact Baba Rabbit via the mirror, but dismissed it. Those ties were broken long ago. It would need to be direct if she called upon her.

She dug the knife deep, past the ichor-flesh into her left shoulder, drawing dark, brackish partly coagulated blood in a slow seeping flow ... and shifted again. The body of Mordokai withered away, regrouped ... taking on the firm countenance of Rabbit. Next the clothes; again, much research had gone into the selections she pulled on. The implements and tools of the trade. When all was complete, she worked her way through the bowels of the palace, emerging in a part of the royal quarters. She called on a hearth spirit to throw open the door on the Czar and his current bedmate. An icy glare at the two of them, then she pointed at the woman, saying only, "Out."

The Czar's protest wasn't the only thing that died on his lips when he saw the necromancer. For her part, the woman spent just long enough to grab her shift and fled. Everybody knew of the Rabbit even if nobody really knew her truly.

"Rabbit," he muttered, his town equal parts chill upset and mild trepedation. He still did not know the cause of his ... madness. Could not say in fact that the woman before him was innocent of it, though neither could he, in any meaningful way, say she was. And she was too dangerous to try and imprison without a considerably better case. "Why?"

"Because your past is coming back to you, Czar, and if you don't do something about it quickly, you will be no better off than your father. The pact is in danger."

Czar sat upright in the bed at that. "What? That old superstitious nonsense?"

"You call it nonsense, and yet as the land withers you go slowly mad." The Czar seemed about to protest, but she cut through his speech with a chopping hand motion. "Do not dissemble, Czar. The danger is real, no matter how difficult it is for you to grasp it."

"Assuming I believe you, who dares to do something so foolish? Who is my enemy?"

'Rabbit' paused. "I do not know. The power of what they possess swamps my ability to sense their personal aura. But whomever it is has not ... partaken of it. I can only presume they mean to deliver it to whichever of your enemies seeks to displace you." She advanced on the Czar slowly as she spoke, punctuating each sentence with a precise, measured footfall that echoed hollowly. "Do what you must, Czar. I shall be most disappointed if your lack of ... motivation ...," a derisive look down at his waist, "derails our plans."

She was right on top of him at that point, and a single black thumbnail ran up along the length of his throat. "Don't ... lose ... focus," she murmured, then turned and walked out. It was only then, after she was gone that the Czar realized he was bleeding.

... (later)

Failure. Baba Gravf felt it all too clearly as Ina drained the contents of the Grail, felt the flood of power diminish - no, that was not the word. It was just as potent, but it was contained. Channeled.

Someone had drained the Grail to the dregs. And in so doing, damned themselves. Now ... now, with the flow of power contained, she could reach out ... see her enemy. The lifeforce, contaminated with the evil of the false grail, was easy to distinguish from the flits around.

A slow hiss escaped the Baba's lips.

Ina.

Things had just become more complicated; an impressive feat at this point. And just as the implications of that soaked in, another black wind whispered in her ear ... as the soothsayer died. Baba Rabbit ... she could taste the other woman's rage and fury. Perhaps this could be directed at the enemy. Soon. It would have to be soon. A necromancer might be able to split Ina from her immortality, perhaps.

However, there remained an important bit of business to attend to. TwoBit had been entrusted to hold certain items on behalf of the Spoleczenstwo; items that were needful but of which the current regime might not be favorably inclined to be aware of the existance of. This problem was compounded by the debacle with the Grail; the Baba took just enough time to reshape her ichor-form into that of the Czar, then marched out to the astronomer's tower, ordering the guards to let none pass without his direct authorization. Storming into the structure with royal rage, 'he' began a systematic destruction of the bogus equipment, then called up mischief spirits to continue the work while she went to each of the secret compartments, rifling through them, taking back the items in question; taking what she could of the other 'secret' finds TwoBit had secured over the years. She found a note, addressed to herself. The ink was remarkably fresh.

Grandmother,

I cannot see your face, but I know you are coming. Take what you need, then burn the rest. Be thorough.

She frowned a moment. He was more skilled than any of them - herself included - had realized, if he could detect a Baba despite the scryshield provided by the spirits of the land itself. If he could detect one by the echo of her actions. She might have to bind his spirit.

Too many threads. Not enough time.

Fire ... the hearth provided the start of the blaze. Spirts of Dazh began stirring them into a terrible conflagaration as she stepped out of the tower, cursing the astronomer and all his line. The Czar turned, regarding the guards. "This building is condemned and burning. Permit none to attempt to salvage the structure."

The guards swallowed nervously, then nodded. "Yes, my Czar."

The Czar returned to the palace and ordered food sent to his quarters. He headed toward the servants' wing, giving the appearance of going to request another serving girl. Once a quiet section of the palace was reached, 'he' slipped into a passage and headed below, to secure the Spoleczenstwo's relics.

The astronomy tower was gutted, even as Mordokai's home burned from within. Eventually, the support beams consumed, it collapsed in on itself, leaving nothing but scorched stones.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Helgraf- Another well written ship. Good job Mr. insane catmuffin.

Maybe you guys should set up a rotation or something so you don't get continuity all messed up at the very end.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

@Helgraf: Hm. Well, I'd meant to be vague regarding what 'tidbits' they learned from TwoBit to avoid any serious issues. Besides, who says that everything he kept was in the tower? Even so, it'd be child's play for Ghost to slip past the guards and rummage through the wreckage for anything unburned via use of mass cloud mind. Your fic is great and I don't think this causes any serious issues.

Edit: There, now Ina's just busy with wedding preps, no need to fiddle with tidbits after all. Sorry, I didn't mean to ninja your fic, I only intended to write a little holiday fic for Rabbit.

@Reinholdt: What'd be the fun in that? If we set up a schedule or rotation we'd miss out on fun little issues like this that make things 'difficult' for everyone!
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-22 at 03:23 AM.

28. - Top - End - #778

@Helgraf: Hm. Well, I'd meant to be vague regarding what 'tidbits' they learned from TwoBit to avoid any serious issues. Besides, who says that everything he kept was in the tower? Even so, it'd be child's play for Ghost to slip past the guards and rummage through the wreckage for anything unburned via use of mass cloud mind. Your fic is great and I don't think this causes any serious issues.
    Pah. Always a workaround.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Jumping ahead in continuity juuuuuuuuust a bit.

Uninvited (IStLY fic)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    The bear returns! I still need to figure out what happened to it in the first place... I need to do a lot of figuring things out for that story, in fact.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

"Meow Shipping Inc. strikes once again. In a tale of drama and internal rage, we are proud to give you A Favor Returned, another Reinholdt-flavored story where..."
    "Wait. We're sticking with Reinholdt-flavored? Please tell me that isn't going to be our slogan."
    "Well do you have any better ideas?"
    "Yes, how about horrendous pile of steaming garbage."

"You know I'd get rid of you if you couldn't kill me with your brain."

"That or you'd get rid of me if you actually didn't believe I was right."
    "...Shut up. Without further ado, enjoy the story."

A Favor Returned (Redemption Fic)
    Mordokai/Reinholdt
    Spoiler
    Show

After his more than pleasureable excursion with Happyturtle, Mordokai retired to his solitary, private quarters to be alone with his thoughts. He was to be disappointed.

“Hello Mordokai.”

Mordokai’s hand went instantly to the hilt of his sword, as he whirled to face the voice. “Who’s there?” he barked, wondering who would have the gall to invade his private sanctum.

“Down here.”

Mordokai looked down and relaxed, putting his arm to his side. “Ah, Reinholdt. I knew you’d join my forces. For a while I worried the courier didn’t reach you. Come, I’ll show you around.”

“No.”

“No?” Mordokai’s eyes narrowed at the talking sniper kitty’s refusal. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.”

“I’m not here to join you,” Reinholdt replied coolly. “I’m here to save you from yourself.” Reinholdt notes Mordokai’s hand slowly moving towards his sword again. “No I don’t mean kill you. You and I both know that would happen from a much greater distance if I were to try.”

Mordokai sneers at Reinholdt. “Oh? And what makes you think you’ll do any better than those hack redeemers I’ve already cut into pieces?”

“Because I understand what you’re going through.”

Mordokai takes a step closer and growls. “You understand nothing!”

“Is that so? I understand the pain you’re going through, remember? I understand you want to lash back at the world for the hurt it’s dealt to you. You saved me from that once. We’re the same in many ways now, and I’m just returning the favor.”

Mordokai lets out a small chuckle. “The same? Hardly. You wanted to destroy the world. I recognize my freedom now and embrace it.”

“True. I did want to destroy the world for the pain I felt. For the betrayal that was dealt to me. Just like you’re doing now. Except you're not destroying the world, you're destroying yourself and you don’t even realize it. But I understand. This...” Reinholdt waves his paw around, “This is a mask. You’re burying your pain. Hiding it under evil deeds. Convincing yourself you’re not the man you used to be so you’ll never have to face it. Imagining that if no one likes you, no one can hurt you, hurt your feelings. It’s a horrible place to be Mordokai and it doesn't work. Trust me, I know.”

Mordokai’s face has been twisting with rage, and this last bit proved too much. “Trust you? TRUST YOU?!” Mordokai draws his sword, breathing heavily. “TO HELL WITH TRUST!!!”

Reinholdt doesn’t flinch. “I bet you don’t even recognize those words, do you? They’re the same ones I used when I first met you.”

“Cat, you’re either on my side or you’re dead.” Mordokai holds his sword above Reinholdt. In a bare whisper, Which is it going to be?

“You won’t kill me. You’re Mordokai. You didn’t save me just to kill me now.” Mordokai hesitates, his hands trembling. This doesn’t escape Reinholdt’s notice. “Heh. Good. That’s all the proof I need that you’re still in there somewhere. I’ll get you out again, don’t worry.”

And Reinholdt bolts out the door as the sword comes crashing down where he used to be just a half second ago. Mordokai stands there stunned, but quickly recovers and comes bursting out of his quarters to rile the troops. “Get up you scum! Get up! Anyone who captures the cat Reinholdt gets a promotion and the finest succubus wenches. He talks and carries a rifle so it’s impossible to confuse him with another cat. Anyone who kills him, their life is forfeit. That pleasure belongs to me and me alone!!”

As the search parties gather to try and find Reinholdt, Mordokai storms back to his room. Enraged, he takes his sword and smashes his chair. It was a rather nice chair, completely undeserving of the fate just bestowed on it. And as Mordokai stood there, trembling with rage and staring at the broken pieces of the chair, a single tear welled and rolled down his cheek.

((There. Now I've been all introduced to the story and better writers can take this new collaboration from here.
    For the record, Reinholdt and Calublufiok (demon-lich) handle all the intros to my stories. Or me and me handle all the intros to my stories if you'd like to put it like that.))
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-22 at 04:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast