New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Reinholdt has made an information post for Redemption. Linky in my sig. Yay!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Reinholdt has made an information post for Redemption. Linky in my sig. Yay!
    I noticed! I was like "hey, hey, that's pretty sweet!"

@V: no, not at all.
    <<
    >>
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-23 at 02:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I noticed! I was like "hey, hey, that's pretty sweet!"
    >>
    <<
    Wouldn't have anything to do with me practically copying your format, would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

And now... the tale comes to a close. I have finished my Christmas gift to my fellow shippers here.

A Shipper's Carol

Part 5: The Ending You Were Expecting

Starring: Cristo Meyers, Vespe Ratavo, Dirk Kris, and Wolfbane, with cameos by HappyTurtle and Slayer Draco

Spoiler
    Show

It was to the tolling of the cathedral’s bells that Cristo awoke to. He was lying in his bed, his sheets wrapped warmly about his thin frame. He stared at the Grandfather clock, which tick-tocked quietly.

“What? I am alive?” he said, running his hands over himself in disbelief.

“I am alive! The spirits were merciful, even that creepy uncle-type Ghost Warlock!”

Cristo jumped from his bed, still wearing that ridiculous nightgown-looking thing, and ran to his bedroom window. He flung it open and was greeted with a face-full of cold winter air. Cristo smiled, relishing the sensation. He was alive.

“But I have so much work to do… there is much to be done!”

He looked down, and saw a boy pulling a sled down the road that ran by his home. “You there, boy!” Cristo shouted.

The boy stopped and looked up, cautiously. He knew who lived in this house and knew the man's reputation.

“What is your name, boy?” Cristo called down.

The boy looked perplexed, “It’s Vespe, sir. Vespe Ratavo.”

“What an intelligent boy! Knowing his own name like that!” Cristo yelled out with glee.

Vespe furrowed his brow. “I suppose… What do you want?”

“What is today?” Cristo asked.

“Why, it’s Christmas Day, sir!” Vespe responded, positively perplexed at Cristo’s question.

Cristo leapt for glee, smacking his head on the window frame. He laughed loudly as he rubbed the back of his head. Below, Vespe was considering running away.

“Well, boy. Do you know that shoppe down on the corner, the one with the exotic foods?” Cristo asked.

"Well, I sure do sir!”
    Vespe answered.

“A remarkable boy!” Cristo called out. “Now, do you know if the prized HappyTurtle is still on display for sale?”

“The one that can barely fit on my head sir?”

“Indeed, I want you to go with your little sled, and buy it for me! I have a surprise for my new business partner!” Cristo said. Reaching over to his nightstand, he grabbed a small pouch of his nightly counting-money and threw it out the window.

Vespe caught it and looked through the bag. “This is so much money! Its more than enough to buy that HappyTurtle!”

“Well then, I suppose you will have to charge a delivery fee my boy! I will be downstairs and dressed by the time you get back!”

Vespe took his sled and ran toward the shoppe. Cristo closed his window and quickly changed into his finest winter clothing, complete with customary top hat, because this is a Dickens story that has been parodied.

Vespe soon returned, balancing the HappyTurtle on his head like a hat. Cristo congratulated him for his balance, but went ahead and placed the HappyTurtle in the sled. “Now take it to the Dirk Kris household…” Cristo said, giving Vespe the address. “And make sure you don’t tell them who bought it!”

“Yes sir! Thank you, sir!” Vespe said, running off with the HappyTurtle.

Cristo suddenly burst into song and he started off for his nephew’s house, intending to surprise him. Everyone he passed gave him odd looks, for it wasn’t often you saw an old man walking down the street singing.

It wasn’t long before he arrived outside the Wolfbane/Slayer Draco home. He knocked on the door, and it was his nephew that opened it.

“Uncle Cristo? What are you doing here?” Wolfband asked cautiously, Slayer Draco walking up behind him.

“Why, I’m here to spend my Christmas with my only nephew! Merry Christmas!” Cristo replied. “May I come in?”

“Well…” Wolfbane said, looking back at Slayer Draco, “Certainly you can! We would be happy to have you!”

And so Cristo spent the day with his nephew, and Wolfbane and Slayer Draco were both amazed at the change in their uncle. The Dirk Kris household was also greatly surprised when Vespe turned up with the lovely HappyTurtle, which was enjoyed greatly and brightened their own Christmas.

The next day, Cristo was back at work in the office. He was smiling, and looking up at the office clock. Dirk Kris was late this morning, which annoyed Cristo that he couldn’t spring his surprise on him sooner.

Eventually, ten after eight, the bell on the front door rang. Cristo watched as Dirk Kris entered the office, a frightened look on his face. Cristo suppressed his grin, this was too perfect!

“Dirk Kris!” Cristo snapped. “I would like to have a word with you!”

He saw Dirk stiffen and slowly turn toward Cristo’s office, a glum look on his face. Slowly, Dirk entered Cristo’s office.

“I suppose you have a good explanation for being late this morning?” Cristo asked.

Dirk gulped. “Why… no sir. I suppose I celebrated a bit too late last night.”

Cristo scoffed. “I suppose you were enjoying all that Christmas nonsense!”

“Well, sir… I’m sorry. I will stay late to make up for the time.”

“That won’t be necessary!” Cristo snapped again. “I have had enough of you working this menial job that I have assigned to you!”

Dirk Kris’ face fell even further, he started nervously tapping on Cristo’s desk.

“And it is, for that reason that I have decided…” Cristo continued, barely able to contain his excitement.

Dirk Kris apparently didn’t notice, for he had turned pale and was sweating. He looked like he was about to faint.

Cristo started laughing. “I have decided to make you my new partner! You will get half the profits that our business earns!”

Dirk Kris had a shocked expression on his face. He mumbled a bit, unable to speak

Cristo stood and took Dirk’s hand to shake it. “You start immediately, and your first order of business is ordering a proper health care plan, bonus package, and salary raise for all our employees, partner.”

“Sir…” Dirk began.

“No ‘sirs’ here, Dirk. We are partners now!”

“Cristo… I don’t know what to say…”

Cristo grinned. “There is nothing to say, my lad. You know the business and you know the books. I can’t think of a better person to help me run this place… and to run it when I’m gone.”

And so Cristo had learned to accept not only the joy of Christmas into his heart, but also the joy to be had in giving and sharing your own success with others. Cristo got close to his nephew and his family. He also became close friends with Dirk Kris and was also like a second father to Mini-Mordy, who did NOT die.

And so, RabbitHoleLost, Dragonrider, Reinholdt, and Ghost Warlock had fulfilled their purpose. Cristo had been redeemed, and he had avoided Rabbit’s fate. Rabbit herself got a few links removed for her part in this particular venture, particularly the embarrassing donkey-link. So she was happy, even though she still had a few more chains to go before being able to really enjoy being dead. But… eternity is a long time, after all.

The tale ends here. And even though there are many in the Shipping Thread who scoff at the idea of Christmas, it is never a bad time to tell someone you care about that you love them, for that is what the Shipping Thread is all about ultimately. Whether you are writing romance, action, or a dramatic fic, you are showing those you ship that you care. So, from this humble author, enjoy life, enjoy your friends, and never give them reason to doubt that you care for them. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and, as Mini-Mordy would say…

“Sune, bless us, everyone!”

I think I have no more that needs to be said.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-23 at 02:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah humbug!
    It was very funny, though. Cristo in a top hat. Glee.
    *loves top hats*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

w00t!

Definitely worth staying up past my bedtime for, 2bw!

So, what's next, Reinholdt the Red-Nosed Rein...holdt...?

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

w00t!

EEP! You wouldn't dare...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

w00t!

Thank you very much!

And that is a great idea for another Christmas fic... but I think I'm done writing those for this year.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    And now... the tale comes to a close. I have finished my Christmas gift to my fellow shippers here.

A Shipper's Carol

Starring: Cristo Meyers, Vespe Ratavo, Dirk Kris, and Wolfbane, with cameos by HappyTurtle and Slayer Draco

Spoiler
    Show

*snip*

Yay! I'm the prize Turtle!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Yay! I'm the prize Turtle!
    You know, I have to admit that I'm a bit confused about what one does with a prize turtle?

Although, maybe I'm afraid to know, considering the menacing way you're waving that mistletoe...

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

I wasn't really feeling the RHL/Ego storyline today, so I figured I'd submit something for the Redemption crew's approval.

Heart's Shadow - possibly a Redemption fic
    Starring - Mordokai and HappyTurtle, with a brief appearance by Mangosta
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai paced through the spacious tent that he shared with his current concubine, who lay on the bed, exhausted and unmoving save the slight rise and fall of her chest as she breathed. His memory would not allow him to rest. He neared one end of his trek and turned. Happyturtle was there. His waistband tightened at the memory of her seemingly impossibly soft curves and smooth muscles.

A head poked through the tent flap at his surprised yelp. “Is something the matter, my lord?

Search her.

As you command.” The man who entered was tall. His dark hair brushed his shoulders. Steely gray eyes regarded Happyturtle. “She is still in the chains she was put in when you ordered her thrown into the dungeon. And I guarantee that she did not come past me.” His tone and eyes were more than a little angry.

Find the fool who allowed her to escape and follow us. I will not allow such incompetence among my servants.

As you wish, my lord.” Mangosta slipped from the tent, so quickly and fluidly that Happyturtle barely registered the movement. Mordokai roughly grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at him.

Why have you returned?

I told you before. I won’t give up on you.

Mordokai’s face was anguished. He pushed her away. “You just don’t get it. I’m finally free. For the first time, I’m enjoying just being alive. No more worrying about the fact that nothing I do will last. No more struggling in futility, knowing that it makes no difference in the end. This is how it should have been all along.

You can’t mean that. I still see your old spirit in your eyes, struggling to come out.

Mordokai turned away, unable to face the tears that were beginning to stream down Turtle’s cheeks. “The old me is dead. Why don’t you leave and send your sister to me? She might understand.

Mordokai threw his cloak around his shoulders and stormed out into the pre-dawn light. Happyturtle remained inside, weeping quietly on the tent floor.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2008-12-23 at 03:18 PM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I wasn't really feeling the RHL/Ego storyline today, so I figured I'd submit something for the Redemption crew's approval.

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    Love it! Definitely approve.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

A Shipper's Carol

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    “The one that can barely fit on my head sir?”
    *snip*

Wonderful ending to a brilliant fic. I must admit, the things that went through my mind when I read that line make me suspect that I'm completely morally bankrupt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    A very worthy addition to this burgeoning series. I hope to contribute a bit of it myself... but I have the next MAT Squad chapter to post (Been finished for a long time now...)

Edit: @^: Thank you, Mangosta. And that is a joke meant for Turtle and Vespe.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-23 at 03:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Very good Mangosta. Seems Mangosta the assassin is the only one not in emotional turmoil in this series.
    >>
    <<
    *tries to come up with new idea to continue plot*
    *fails*
    Oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #826
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ego/Serpy
    Forgiveness Rejected

Spoiler
    Show

"Can't you just forgive me?
    "Wait, what do I need forgiveness for? I did nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing.
    "How can you insinuate that one silly little dismissal and one silly bad mood would break everything we had in twain? It was a nothing I dismissed and ignored because it would mean nothing to either of us if we spoke of it.
    "And when I make my excuses and beg an early leavetaking you lash out at me day after day for no reason. Why do you persist in absolute clarity in everything you do and see?
    "WHY?!
    "It is honourable and understandable but some things are never meant to see the light of day let alone the glorious light I feel whenever I look at you. Some things are even so small that they need not arise to the notice of anyone.
    "I may be young but I don't deserve such a coddling. I. Don't. Need. It. Leave me to solve my own problems - if problems they be.
    "But at the same time I'm too young for this. You confuse me. Complexity upon complexity, layer upon layer of meanings and feelings I don't quite understand yet."
    she waved her hands wildly in the air and turned around, seeking for the words to tell her. "Just, just, please, just stop this. You scare me with your worrying intensity. Can't you accept that I'm too young - not in body or age - but too young in mindset and society to understand the subtle nuances you layer every exchange with.
    "I - I - can't. I can't talk to you like I would another person. Why can't we merely sit down under the stars while on the beach and talk sweet nothings while the sea sings for us? Why must everything be so heavily laden under the burdens of secret meanings and easy misinterpretations that I must tread so wary and gently on bad ice every day? I need relaxation. I need to be able to chatter with abandon as wild as my child - no. Not my inner child. I am a - no, I'm not. You just confuse the child I am and am not.
    "There is nothing more I'd rather do than sit with you, walk with you, do everything for the rest of my life with you.
    "I will willingly be your everything and you will willingly be my everything.
    "But you refuse to let one insignificant mistake go. A white lie so minute it would have mattered not one jot to any other caring person.
    "But you. You. I - "
    stopping she looked over at her friend, partner, love and sighed long and quietly. So quietly that it was almost unheard.
    "You suffocate me. Your cloying caress and words smother me, who am as innocent as a child, and make me want to flee you." The other was silent. "Can you imagine how it feels to want to escape from the attentions of one you care about? But at the same time I'm so happy without you. I can talk without examining every inflection of every word every minute of every hour of every day I'm with someone.
    "I can laugh and be merry without being forced to reveal the tiniest worry that you make into a mountain fit enough to dwarf Everest.
    "I am free without you.
    "I am scared by you. I am confused by you. I am terrified by you.
    "How does that make you feel?
    "To know that your words and actions are forcing someone away from you. To know that your care is too much. That to be swathed in swaddling cloths all the time will dwarf me. To just, to just ostracise me, who has done nothing wrong and then expect me to apologise for this thing that is nothing.
    "How does it give you pleasure to know that you're pushing me through guilt which I should not feel? How can you say that it is I who have done all the wrong.
    "You're breaking me. Do you want me to be a tame biddable person? I can't help but think you are. I. I just can't be that.
    "I have nothing to ask forgiveness for. You should be asking me for forgiveness for wearing me down."
    Finally ceasing her pacing she turned and looked at her too - calm face sitting perfectly poised in the chair. And she realised that she would never give in. "I guess if you won't even see my side after this we have no reason or purpose to stay together or even talk. Goodbye." She would never regret the words she spoke so passionately, but she would regret the response they received forever.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-12-23 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mordokai paced through the spacious tent that he shared with his current concubine, who lay on the bed, exhausted and unmoving save the slight rise and fall of her chest as she breathed. His memory would not allow him to rest. He neared one end of his trek and turned. Happyturtle was there. His waistband tightened at the memory of her seemingly impossibly soft curves and smooth muscles.

A head poked through the tent flap at his surprised yelp. “Is something the matter, my lord?

Search her.

As you command.” The man who entered was tall. His dark hair brushed his shoulders. Steely gray eyes regarded Happyturtle. “She is still in the chains she was put in when you ordered her thrown into the dungeon. And I guarantee that she did not come past me.” His tone and eyes were more than a little angry.

Find the fool who allowed her to escape and follow us. I will not allow such incompetence among my servants.

As you wish, my lord.” Mangosta slipped from the tent, so quickly and fluidly that Happyturtle barely registered the movement. Mordokai roughly grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at him.

Why have you returned?

I told you before. I won’t give up on you.

Mordokai’s face was anguished. He pushed her away. “You just don’t get it. I’m finally free. For the first time, I’m enjoying just being alive. No more worrying about the fact that nothing I do will last. No more struggling in futility, knowing that it makes no difference in the end. This is how it should have been all along.

You can’t mean that. I still see your old spirit in your eyes, struggling to come out.

Mordokai turned away, unable to face the tears that were beginning to stream down Turtle’s cheeks. “The old me is dead. Why don’t you leave and send your sister to me? She might understand.

Mordokai threw his cloak around his shoulders and stormed out into the pre-dawn light. Happyturtle remained inside, weeping quietly on the tent floor.
    Mmmm, poor Turtle.
    So much emotional drama going on, and Mordokai's the core of it all..

Curly: Ego/Serpy makes Rabbit a happy girl. :: adds to list of OTP's::
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-12-23 at 03:36 PM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

18. - Top - End - #828

OTP?

And I'm planning on a Christinglemas fic to be posted tomorrow. It is Christmas Eve tomorrow right?
    I have no actual concept of time on holidays.
    But back to the fic, any volunteers/suggestions for story?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #829

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ego/Serpy
    Forgiveness Rejected

Spoiler
    Show

*snip*
    So sad. Good, but kind of hard to understand. But which one was talking? I think it was Serpentine, but I can't tell.

EDIT: OTP=One True Pairing. And I volunteer. And have forgotten my suggestion for the story.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2008-12-23 at 03:43 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #830

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    So sad. Good, but kind of hard to understand. But which one was talking? I think it was Serpentine, but I can't tell.
    That's the point. Open to interpretation.

EDIT: OTP=One True Pairing. And I volunteer. And have forgotten my suggestion for the story.
    Thankees. And it'll come back.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

OTP?

And I'm planning on a Christinglemas fic to be posted tomorrow. It is Christmas Eve tomorrow right?
    I have no actual concept of time on holidays.
    But back to the fic, any volunteers/suggestions for story?
    As per usual I volunteer.

And indeed, the last one was somewhat sad. But good all the same.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still hoping the new concubine will turn out to be one of the bad guys, come to try and keep Mordokai evil.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still hoping the new concubine will turn out to be one of the bad guys, come to try and keep Mordokai evil.
    Heh. And I almost hope you get converted again, so me and Nil (and maybe Rabbit) will have to save you both.

But then I remember what horrible things Mordokai had to go through to get to that point, and I don't wish that on anyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, Koorli. It seems everything that's being written right now is just charged with turmoil. I could hear the near-hysterics in her voice, as if she was shrieking inside my head. Very well done.

Always possible. I just have a hard time thinking of evil girls itP (aside from Rabbit's character). The ones that are here tend to be do-gooders.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835

Well, there's the obvious Reinholdt as rudolph to deliver the presents thing.

Playgrounders searching for a Christmas tree.

I'm forced to assume that that is the most depressing fic I've ever read, and I think Ego was talking.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Heh. And I almost hope you get converted again, so me and Nil (and maybe Rabbit) will have to save you both.

But then I remember what horrible things Mordokai had to go through to get to that point, and I don't wish that on anyone.
    You forgot to mention Jon... He's on the same side as you guys.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

See, this is why we need more people on Team Evil. Mordy can't stand against the assembled forces of good without some backup.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

You forgot to mention Jon... He's on the same side as you guys.
    See, I wasn't entirely sure where Jon stood. I just knew he was working for Rabbit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #839
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Volunteers?
    *enthusiastically raises hand*

Suggestions?
    The typical "Santa's been captured by the forces of darkness, we're here to rescue him and there's tons of laughs and romance on the way" comes to mind.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

30. - Top - End - #840

Well, there's the obvious Reinholdt as rudolph to deliver the presents thing.

Playgrounders searching for a Christmas tree.

I'm forced to assume that that is the most depressing fic I've ever read, and I think Ego was talking.
    Hmmm, possibly. Or maybe the classic It's A Wonderful Life/Playground?
    And if you think that's depressing I piont you in the direction of our index. There are fics there that have made people cry.
    A lot of stuff by RHL, especially her Raistlin/RHL stuff (likewise for Rasistlins' RHL/Riast stuff); there's that one by Dirk Kris with . . . Brandi and Raistlin is it?
    Veneers by Curly has made RHL and some others cry. Others have told my that most of the Letters ever written for the Shipping threads are sad.
    . . .
    Perhaps I should stop bringing a Christmassy thread feeling down with suggestions about how to make people depressed/cry.

@Mangosta: thankees.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-12-23 at 04:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!