New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    You gotta admit though, there is something that just feels... pure about writing by hand in a notebook. I don't know what it is, but I could never picture myself writing a poem or song in Word.

I love those moments in Word where you think that what you have just written is pure crap and you delete a couple of pages at a time, only to realize that you probably shouldn't have done that and you end up ctrl-Z'ing it all back.

I do that a lot.

@Destro: Typewriters are so fun to write with!

I have access to this old electric one by IBM from the late 70's early 80's. It just feels so satisfying when you hear the clack clack of the keys.
    I can't read my own handwriting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I can't read my own handwriting though.
    Hehe, neither can I half the time. The biggest problem with handwriting is that you try to write as fast as you are thinking, and that plays hell with legibility. You just gotta train yourself to slow down a bit.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

I can't do handwriting. If I do it looks like an illegible mess, so I print. And while I've never used a typewriter, I imagine they would be fun. I want one.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Pfft. Luddites. I'd never write on paper if I didn't have to. And typewriters... omg... I'm old enough that I had to learn to touch type on a typewriter.

I <3 technology.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Touch typing? Forget that mess. I can type faster with my own weird typing style that I totally Invented. Well, so long as I don't have to copy anything. I'm slower then.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

Inspired purely from recent happenings in the Vampire itP contest.

Bloody Kisses
    Reinholdt/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show

The vampiress came upon the near-corpse, becoming ever so slowly cold. Another meal from another one of her kind.
    Rabbit very nearly walked passed it, until she recognized the blue-gray hair, tail, ears.
    Smirking, she dropped to her knees besides his still body, pulling his head into her lap. Reinholdt's eyes focused for a moment, almost terrified in recognition.
    "What did I tell you, little cat boy? Your purring amused her for some time, but, in the end, you were only a toy. A tasty little morsel."
    Rabbit leaned closer, breathing her frigid breath along his neck.
    "She didn't care for you one-" Her tongue escaped from inbetween her cerise lips, lapping at the small droplet remainders of blood. "Lick."
    He would have whimpered, had he the energy. As it was, his in and out thought process was wondering every now and again how he was still even awake.
    "I can save you, little one." Her licks turned to gentle kisses around the bitewound.
    "You see, try as hard as we might, we can't drain a body dry. Not completely. You'll bleed out, of course, but you aren't completely gone. If I share my blood with you, you'll live...in a manner of speaking." As she spoke, she kissed along his neck, his jaw, his cheeks, stopping at the fuzzy cat ears.
    "You can be with me forever."

Left it rather open ended. Not great. Whatever. Just a spurt of an idea that had to be written.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Mordokai- Wow. Just wow. That was incredible. Why didn't you say you were so good? The emotion was very much there. And darkness. So very dark... *is glad Reinholdt didn't have to watch*

@ Destro- How sweet. You made Rabbit cry with happiness. Yay! Very well written.

@ Happy- You're right. It fits very, very well. I'm glad to see such great ships today. But I fear for Happy... I'm having a hard enough time saving Mord! *starts planning next emotionally draining discussion with Mordokai*

@ Rabbit- Like I said, creepy and sexy. And awesome. I loved it.
    And of course, if Reinholdt has any strength to respond, he'll say yes. Cause open-ended means more fic possibilities. *contemplates living life forever under sexy vampire rule*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Because I am an obsessive compulsive geek, I made my own video for Into the Dark because the ones on Youtube sucked. I've updated the link included with the story.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

"Here at Meow Shipping Inc, we are delighted to occasionally give you a story truly capable of being called Reinholdt-flavored."
    "Alright. Seriously. Reinholdt-flavored has to go. It is just TOO stupid."
    "LA LA LA!! I CAN'T HEAR YOUUU!!!! We are proud to present to you something not even we consider to be all that bad..."
    "Speak for yourself."
    "Sit back, relax, and enjoy a good old fashioned War Council."

War Council (Redemption ship)
    Saint Nil/Korith/Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saint Nil drummed his fingers on the table. The meeting had gone on for hours and in circles. These delegates and their bodyguards seemed less interested in action and more interested in complaining about Mordokai’s misdeeds. No doubt trying to curry favor for more relief funds. But in the end, their complaints were justified, and there was no denying the outrage in their voices. Nil zoned back in to see where the conversation was.
    “Mordokai must be stopped!”
    “He’s razed our villages and kidnapped our children!”
    “Why just recently he burned down Blackcreek! Hundreds were dead!”
    “He killed my wife!”
    Ah yes. Pretty much where the meeting started hours ago.
    “Nil you must do something!”
    “Mordokai must die!”
    “He’s a monster!”
    Nil stood up and the room fell silent. “He didn’t used to be.” Nil turned so his back was facing the delegates. He stood for several minutes in thought, the room around him hushed, before turning again to face the delegates. “As you know, Mordokai was once one of our finest paladins. He’s done many a good deed for us. The redemption attempts by the Redeemers will continue.”
    A murmur of protests rises through the room. One of the more forceful delegates managed to make himself heard above the rest. “All attempts have only ended in death for the Redeemers!”
    Nil raised his hand and silence prevailed again. “HOWEVER…” he paused to let the word sink in. “However. Do not be mistaken in thinking that we intend to let Mordokai run rampant and do harm to innocents because of his mistakes. Everyone here knows Mordokai is planning to do war upon us. Which is why, in an effort to protect our home and those we love, we’re moving the fight closer to him. Our armies are already on the march to a neutral ground far away from civilization. I myself am leaving tonight to join them. Rest assured, gentleman, Mordokai will be stopped. And if I must cut him down myself to keep others safe, then so be it.” With that Nil turned and left the room, leaving the delegates to argue about these new developments.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    As the delegates bickered, one supposed bodyguard slipped out and made his way to a private room. There he pulled out what appeared to be a monitor from under his cloak. Pressing a few buttons, the screen came up, a mechanically disfigured face staring back at the mystery man.
    “What do you have to report Korith?”
    “It is as you suspected. Mordokai’s fall and recent warmongering has drawn pretty much all attention away from you. In fact, St. Nil has his army marching towards Mordokai now and intends to leave tonight to join them on the battlefield.”
    “Excellent. Most excellent. Then it’s all coming together nicely. While Nil is gone, I’ll be free to sweep in and take the country out from under him. MWAHAHAHA…”
    The monitor went silent, but the cyborg could still be seen continuing his evil laugh on the visual, head tossed back. Without sound, it very much looked like a goose warbling, the moment completely obscured by the absolute ridiculous way he looked. Korith started fiddling with buttons and hitting the side of the monitor. “Lord Magtok, sir.”
    Magtok stopped his laughing and looked back at Korith through the monitor. It is evident he mouthed ‘What?’, clearly upset his maniacal laughter had been interrupted, but no sound came through.
    “I can’t hear you Lord.” Korith fiddled with some more buttons and the sound came back.
    “What do you mean you can’t hear me? Are you saying I wasted a perfectly good villainous laugh? Argh!!” Magtok starts fiddling with some equipment. “Where do we keep recordings? Maybe it’s still good.”
    “Uh, Lord Magtok, sir. What are your orders for me now?”
    Magtok looks up obviously frustrated. “What? You’re still here? Right fine. Go and join Nil’s army. When an opportunity presents itself on the battlefield, kill him.”
    Korith bows before the monitor. “As you command, my Lord.” The monitor goes blank and the man turns and makes his exit.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Not long later Nil arrived at the current armies’ position, a small contingent of soldiers following. Heading straight for the officers tent, he begins preparation for moving the army forward some more in order to take advantage of a defensive position about one week away. It should be right in Mordokai’s path. He was working on the best position for the archers when the head scout came in.
    “Sir, our advance scouts have reported something unusual. It seems there is a previously unmarked tower just a half’s day march ahead. It’s not on any of our maps, but it seems to be a wizard’s tower of some sort. What should we do?”
    Nil ponders this for several moments. “We go and we knock politely.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Wow Reinholdt. That is great. You captured Nil perfectly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Very good.
    Also, poor Destro. Paladins and such showing up on his doorstep. The poor lich =/

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Very good.
    Also, poor Destro. Paladins and such showing up on his doorstep. The poor lich =/
    Heh. Yeah....
    Quasi-cliffhangers.
    And I've been told to flee from Magtok's wrath just in case.
    *flees and hides*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Funerals
    starring Happy, Lex, Draco, Mordokai, and Mangosta
    Spoiler
    Show

The funeral procession made its way thourgh the streets carrying two coffins. The town watched silently. By morning, everyone had none of the rebellion in the Queen's palace. Wiold rumors floated the streets, as no one was exactly sure on what happened. In the end though: people died. Important people, and that was enough for them to give their respects to the dead.

The procession had started through morning, and the Queen's gaurd led it. It had started at sunrise, and went throughout the town. Shops were closed. Peddlers closed their stands. Most people watched from their windows or rooftops, keeping the streets clear.

It was noon by the time they reached the palace gates.

A storm is brewing. Lex-kat said to no one in particular, shuffling her feet.

Then it would be best we proceed straight to the funeral. a voice said. Lex-kat turned around to see Happy standing behind her. She came forward and watched the procession besides Lex-kat.

He was a good man, with a good heart. Happy said. He saved us all. For that, he has my gratitude.

I miss him terribly. Lex-kat said. It's just not the same without him. The world seems so much colder already.

We must endure on. Happy said. It would shame him if we gave up now. After all of his sacrifices.

Lex-kat only nodded, and continued watching.

PArt of the ceremony was skipped, due to the incoming storm, and Happy spoke a moving speech for the two paladins. When she finished, she kissed both Nil and Wolfbane on the cheecks. Everyone came up and either saluted, nodded, or cried as they passed by. In the end, the coffins were lowered, and the two men buried side by side.

With that, Happy returned to her duties as Queen. She still needed to find Mordokai, who oddly, had gone missing. His body was never found, so no one knew if he was dead or not.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mordokai watched from far off as the buried Nil and Wolfbane. He felt a touc of sadness and pain in his heart as he remembered them. Then he wiped away those feelings. He and Mangosta walked side by side.

So what now? Mordokai asked him.

We recruit new men. Mangosta replied. We cannot undo what has been done. So we must plan anew. It seems that Magtok failed.

Mordokai smiled at the man. We? he asked him. There is no we. Mangosta turned to look at him, a confused lookk on his face. He saw Mordokai's blade slash at him.

Later on, during the afternoon, the guards found the body and informed Happy. Happy frowned as she made out tracks leading away from the murder. A guard shouted, and everyone ran over. LAid down by the tree was a white cloak and armor. Happy recognized it as Mordokai's.

She ordered a full search of the town, but by then, Mordokai had already left, but not alone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Draco Slayer walked around in the garden, not quite feeling herself. She had killed a man. HER! Of all people! She walked along, with maids attending to her, and guards behind them. She shuddred once more as she remember the feeling. She couldn't help but tremble as she remembered the feeling, the pleasure of killing. She clenched her fist tight. She wanted to forget it, but she couldn't. It was stuck on her mind.

She trembled once more. Then she heard the voice. Come with me, and we can do much together. All you have to do is take my hand. A figure materialized in front of her, a man. She looked around at the guards and maids, but no one seemed to pay any attention to him.

Come to me. the voice whispered again. Draco reached out and took its hand. Her world was filled with darkness, and she dissapeared.

enjoy.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Within the Tower (Redemption)
    starring Destro/deathslayer7
    Spoiler
    Show

Liriel stood in Destro's study as he came in. He was in a rush, and tossed some keys to her.

You'll need those. he said to her.

And what of the armies approaching? she asked.

He shrugged with his back to her. Not much we can do. Prepare the defenses while we wait. Then we wait and hope for the best.

So you would stay here and die? she asked him, anger rising in her voice.

Would you rather have Mordokai have all these priceless artifacts in his possession! he said, spinning around on her, anger in his voice rising as well.

I would rather live to fight another day! she spat back at him, then die here now!

You forget who you are dealing with witch! He with drew a crystal from around his neck, and it blazed white, burning brightly.

Liriel clutched her chest, shaking in pain. Destro held the crystal in front of him, the light burning even more brightly. Liriel went to one knee, still clutching her chest. Her heart felt like it was on fire and ready to be pulled out of her chest.

A knock resounded throughout the tower, and Destro let the crsytal drop, the blaze dissapearing. Go accomodate our guests, and see what they want. Afterwards, attend to the defenses.

Liriel stood on both legs, and nodded, before leaving. She was too angry to say something.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

Yay! It seems I'm not doomed to only write Sturm und Drang forever.

Baby, It's Cold Outside
    Happyturtle / Butler (Reinholdt)

Spoiler
    Show

I really can't stay,
    baby it's cold outside
    I've got to go away,
    baby it's cold outside
    This evening has been,
    been hoping that you'd drop in
    So very nice,
    I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

Happy smiled at the shmexy catboy as she pulled his icy hands close and breathed on them. "Isn't that better? It's Dire Winter out there, and you aren't exactly dressed for the weather."

"I'm sure I'll be fine, ma'am. I really should get back home, ma'am. I mustn't neglect my duties, ma'am," Butler said, blushing as her lips traced over his fingers.

My mother will start to worry,
    beautiful words you're humming
    And father will be pacing the floor,
    just listen to that fireplace roar
    Now really I'd better scurry,
    sweetheart, what's your hurry
    Well, maybe just a half a drink more,
    why don't you put some records on while i pour?

"They'd never want you out in this weather." She poured a little Bailey's into a mug of warm cream and offered it to him.

The neighbors might think,
    but baby it's bad out there
    Say, what's in this drink?
    No cabs to be had out there
    I wish I knew how,
    your eyes are like starlight now
    To break this spell,
    I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

"Thank you, ma'am. It's very warming, ma'am," Butler said. He'd never tasted cream so delicious, and he soon grew lightheaded.

"You don't have to call me 'ma'am'," she said, and scratched behind his ears. "Call me Happy."

I ought to say no, no, no sir,
    mind if I move in closer?
    Well, at least I'm gonna say that I tried,
    what's the sense in hurtin' my pride?
    I really can't stay,
    baby don't hold out
    Oh but it's cold outside

"Certainly, Happy ma'am," Butler said, and started to purr. Little by little, Happy snuggled closer until he was nuzzling close, bumping his head against her. She nibbled gently on his furry ears.

I simply must go,
    baby it's cold outside
    The answer is no,
    but baby it's cold out there
    This welcome has been,
    so lucky that you dropped in
    So nice and warm,
    look out that window at that storm

"I really... should be... leaving... Happy... ma'am..." Butler said, without much conviction.

My sister will be suspicious,
    gosh your lips look delicious
    My brother will be there at the door,
    waves upon a tropical shore
    My maiden aunt's mind is vicious,
    baby you're so delicious
    Well, maybe just one little kiss more,
    never such a blizzard before

"Of course," Happy said. "Just one little goodbye kiss? Please?"

I've got to go home,
    you'll freeze to the bone out there
    Say, lend me your comb,
    it's up to your knees out there
    Now you've really been grand,
    I'm thrilled when you touch my hand
    But don't you see,
    how can you do this thing to me?

Never one to refuse anyone's request, Butler obligingly traced a finger along Happy's jawline, gently turned her towards him, and leaned in to press his lips against hers.

Time seemed to stop as the catboy worked his magic. She'd expected him to be a complete innocent, but this was a kiss to waken sleeping princesses, bring statues to life, or break curses. Usually when she kissed a man, he was the one turned into putty. But this time, when Butler drew back, she could only breathe "Wow..."

There's bound to be talk tomorrow,
    making my lifelong sorrow
    At least there will be plenty implied,
    if you caught pneumonia and died
    But I really can't stay,
    get over that old doubt
    Baby it's cold outside

He gave her a seductive smile and a wink. "I hope that was to your liking, Happy ma'am."

"Oh yes..."

All of his innocence returned as the catboy beamed in pride. "Goodnight, Happy ma'am." She was too dazed to realize what he meant until a blast of cold air hit her as Butler slipped out the door and into the blizzard.

Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-12-28 at 08:43 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #976
    Bugbear in the Playground

Redemption(Reinholdt)-Loved it, I can't wait to see more of this. You did wonderful with all the characters, I think that is how we woulod actually act in real life.
    Redemption(Deathslayer7)-Do I sense a rescue scene coming up?
    Deathslayer7-I enjoyed seeing how you wrapped that up. But I thibnk you could explore the resent events more. I look forward to it.
    Happyturtle-I liked how you reversed hte roles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

There could be rescue scenes in here, couldn't there? I kind of like the idea that Destro has a bit of a dark side, though he does try to resist it when he can. He's probably just on edge because he's about to have paladins over for tea, and there's a war all set to hit him on two fronts.

Hmm.. ideas...

Ah well, we'll see what happens then, shall we?
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-12-28 at 09:42 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

@ deathslayer7- You are great at this. All the unexpected twists. Heh. I may have done more damage than any of the rest of the villains. Yay! I think... I'm really not sure what to think about psycho me creating more psychos. And Mordokai! Stop switching! *shakes fist*

@ deathslayer7- Oh. I didn't know Destro had it in him. Well written. I'll go add Liriel to our cast list. I'm curious to see how diplomacy will work out for Nil and Destro... Really glad to have you a part of the team!

@ Happy- And that's pretty much all I can say about it.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-12-28 at 12:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I know I've been really horrible about posting comments (or much of anything) here for a few days. I hope all of you can forgive my absense and near-silence.

That said, I would like to make a few quick comments for a few fics that I feel were astoundingly wonderful (if I don't comment on your fic, please don't take offense or think that my lack of commentary is in any way reflective of my opinion on the quality of your fic; I simply haven't had time/peace of mind to give the attention to every piece that probably deserves it and, as such, have been doing some cherry-picking. Again, please forgive my delinquency).

@Reinholdt: Your holiday, present-giving fic was appropriately comedic and touching in equal parts. I especially appreciated your portrayal of myself/my Pickman persona; very fitting for us on both counts. It's obvious you put a lot of time and careful thought into that fic. I'm somewhat ashamed that my own, up-coming, fic will probably not feature you in as true-to-life and glorious light as you have my persona in your fic.

@RHL: Your fics are ones that I always look forward to and am never disappointed by, regardless of how you may feel about them - it's almost as if you're my own, personal, Santa. Except that I don't expect you to grow a beard and prance about in a ridiculous red-and-white suit while forcing unfortunate ungulates into bondage (although, upon reconsideration, some of that does sound a bit entertaining...). Anyway, your "Bloody Kisses" fic was wickedly touching and I have to say that, if ever there was a vampiress I wouldn't mind being 'turned' by, it would be you. It almost makes me wish I had blood, just in case a scenario like you described ever came about. Alas, this is an eventuality I fear a saprotrophic mycelium like me will never be capable of exploring.

@Happyturtle: Okay, I enjoyed the fic immensely but I fear that I may have been somewhat biased in that the particular song you used always reminds me of Zooey Deschanel from her role in Elf. Considering I have a massive crush on her, as noted in the appropriate thread, my perceptions of your fic were likely heavily colored by this association. In any case, I'm sure Reinholdt's reaction speaks worlds more than my own pitiful utterances can.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-28 at 01:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Beginning of the End

starring Nil
    Spoiler
    Show

Nil watched his funeral from above. He laughed as he realized the irony of it. He wondered how many people go to watch their own funeral. Not a lot he bet.

Nothing's funny about the situation Nil. a voice said behind him. He turned to see the man standing before him again.

I did what you wanted me to do. Nil replied cooly.

Did you now? he asked Nil. He stepped beside Nil, and waved his hand. A scene appeared before them.

Happy was changing into her barbarian outfit. Nil frowned. He hadn't seen her wear that outfit in years.

She goes off to save Mordokai, to redeem him. To save him from the path you led him on.

Me? Nil asked, now unsure. How did I lead him there?

The man waved his hand again, and this time the scene switched to a man on horseback. Mordokai. He had Draco with him.

Your actions have consequences Nil. You may have saved the palace, but your friend was corrupted in the process. You wouldn't know of it though. To live a life in someone else's shadow. To watch as another man takes all the glory. Mordokai watched, but his loyalty remained stout, up till your death. Then he saw no reason to keep that loyalty.

Nil frowned once more. You must send me back. he said at last.

And what can you do Nil? To what purpose? You think you can redeem him? You are the man who sent him on this path!

I can try though!

The man stared at Nil for a moment, judging him. Very well. But to bring you back from the dead, their is a price to be paid.

I'll do it. Nil said without fear.

Such a fool. I haven't even told you what the price is.

I don't care. They need my help.

I will arrange what I can. Although I fear for us all if you act this recklessly. Nil started to come back with a retort, only to find him gone. He frowned once more, and continued watching Mordokai.

He frowned and thought some more.

enjoy! it's the last one of the series.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

@ deathslayer7- Man Nil has more lives than a cat. And curse you and your constant cliffhanger endings! *shakes fist*
    But very well done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #982
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We Humble Players We (A Redemption Aside [not necessarily canon, but you could have guessed that.])

Featuring Fredthefighter/Coidzor, references to Mordokai, Saint Nil, Pickman, Korith

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a story of the bit players, the Rosencrantzes and Guildensterns. The little people who so often get caught up in events beyond their reckoning and power, who are played with by heroes and nobles, villains and gods. A little tale within a greater tale which is after all but a part of tales never-ending in the Great Pattern.

Come dear Reader, closer to the firelight. The dusk is growing colder and we will need the warmth as tales unfold as tales will. The men tighten their cloaks about themselves as the camp followers finish the tasks of cleaning spits and seeing the refuse to the middens. Darkness occupies the thoughts of even those of the anointed officer corps. Their own and that which they march to face. Grimness and hope interplay as the paladins give orders, showing how fractured their loss has rendered them, and making the latent fear they cannot feel all the worse in the camp.

Curious the threat that was once such a great light to the world and now threatens to suck the warmth from bones and freezes smiles at the mention. Widely spread are those who know the evils done and have set the score upon their hearts, honor bloodied for their vengeance. Though, here and there are mercenaries, foreigners, adventurers who have no stake save their blood and blades for fortune's sake, and those who seek to slay what evil lurks in the heart of man.

Cannily crafted, a table within the sprawling camp sits under an oil lantern as men array themselves about it, heeding the siren call, the light swish and flick of cards being shuffled and hands being dealt out. Their faces wreathed in the play of shadow upon light as coins, rings, petty gems trade hands and find their way back onto familiar fingers.

"Kings Crippled" says one figure, a burly man still wearing his helmet from the day's march, though a few wine stains in his massive beard betray how he's cooled himself down. One could say that his face isn't so much dominated by the beard, but in fact, is almost made up of beard...

"Onions Down, I'm beat" The man to his left sighs as he lays his cards down. He starts to take a ring off of his left hand, before thinking better of it. "Y'know, I think I've lost enough of next months' pay, I might just live long enough to have to pay it back after all."

"Nonsense, lad, you're going to pay me back if I have to take out the foes you're due to slay when we finally have to hit the anvil, who knows, you might just bump me up to the next level of Valhalla when I go."

"Whatever suits you friend Dwarf, your kind don't have to worry about some lucky Johnson getting your widow after all..." Coidzor trailed off, seeing the faces of some of the younger men about. He coughs and starts studying his knotted hands as he shuffles the deck. I guess being an Unspecified Services spook really does hurt your social skills... Well, at least I'm not the one getting shot at tonight...

One of the younger, less scarred faces in the firelight sighs at this. "Ah, Clementia...Will I see you again?" Realizing he had said this aloud, he blushes visibly, betraying his age more than his skill at Cripple Mr. Onion would suggest.

"There lad, we're the ones with clerics who can heal... and call me Fred, please, we're not all stuck in Moradin's beard or used to these Sergeant's stripes..." the beast of a dwarf claps a meaty, knotted hand on the kid's shoulder and gives a pumping, jovial reassurance as he passes along some wine.

"It's a mug's game, war, feeding lives to the devils' dogs like so much chaff in the wind... But what can one do when home and hearth are threatened but take up to arms. And arms we have taken up, so take heart lad, we still have life within us, and where there's life, there's hope. And where there isn't, glorious death, or not so glorious, if my axe tastes that blackguards' neck..." The dwarf catches himself, realizing he's forgotten his audience again, and mutters an oath.

"I just hope we don't all die for this murderer... Damned Heroes, sweeping us all along with them. When all this would be settled if one man were conveniently separated from his head. The way paladins are, you'd think his own people would've done him in, coming back like that..." A shrug and a sigh.

"Hey now, despite their noble foolishness, these paladins care about keeping us alive. The Saint's a good man and a good commander. Unlike some of the men I've served under. We won't bloody the ground in vain for some inbred duke's desire to be king." A pause. Some nodding in thought. Not too much of a pause though, as the deck has been passed to the next man.

"Now, who's in for another hand?"

A few of the men mutter noncommittally and retire to their bedrolls, though for the most part the game picks back up with renewed interest, if only to get the darkness from their minds. Since they're so preoccupied with the darkness within, none of them notice the darkness in their midst, curiously contemplating their game before raiding the midden for the slaughtered remains of dinner and one washing woman whose taste for juicy gossip found her on the wrong end of an assassin's knife.

Apologies for any toes I've stepped on, but I think I've managed to keep it vanilla enough to not contradict too much about whatever sort of setting development as has been done.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-28 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    We Humble Players We (A Redemption Aside [not necessarily canon, but you could have guessed that.])

Featuring Fredthefighter/Coidzor, references to Mordokai, Saint Nil, Pickman, Korith

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    Well done! No apologies, please. This is a very welcome addition.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Coidzor- That was very well done. I wish I had your talent in setting the stage and descriptions. Mine always feels so sparse. I'll it to the archive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #985
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shadowland

Rebels
    Spoiler
    Show

At the rebel base

Casulties were higher than expected at the last raid, but we have to act now. Wolfbane has been captured, and is most likely being brought to Mordokai's lair as we speak.

We need volunteers to both assualt the main forces and to confront Mordokai directly.

I'm coming with you Twobit.

Magtok, are you sure about this?

Yes. I have personal reasons to fight Mordokai. I wont rest til I take him down.

Your a welcome addition.
    With that, others matters were discussed, while Twobit withdrew into himself. THe council room was little more than a hut, glasses of ale strung about.

Damn it. I won't lose another person I care about to the Empire. I'm coming Wolfbane, don't worry.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Magtok...please, reconsider.

Gemflower! You snuck up on me.

Magtok had been outside the meeting, planning his revenge upon Mordokai. The night sky was full of stars, the moon providing all of the light needed. It was a cool night, the forest surronding the camp.

Magtok...I don't want to lose you. I. .I need you. I don't want to see you hurt again.

Gemflower, Magtok wrapped his arms around her. FOr the first time, his computer brain and human mind collided. Revenge vs. Love. Mordokai death vs. Gemflowers happiness.

Gemflower, I promise you I will come back. I mean it.
    Gemflower and Magtok embraced in a kiss, providing each other for the reason to live. Magtok knew the danger ahead, but living was now worth it. Gemflower was worth anything.

Next will talk of our mercenaries.

And Happyturtel, it's time to hold up your part of the bargin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Nil- Aww... Bittersweet. Well done sir. I always did like this reversal world where EVERYTHING is backwards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #987

NecromancerGuy

Thank you, very much... And here I was worried about getting lynched. I just wish I had enough of a feel for who the usual suspects are to pick up on who're more supporting characters.
    That, and I knew decent dialogue when it came up and bit me on the butt.
    Thank you.

Whenever Rutskarn recovers long enough to post permissions, I've got something else to share with you all that is definitely going to be horrifying, and I need to actually check the rules on that...hmm...*scurries off*

Ed: Actually, is anyone here willing to be a judge of...erm... the suitability of a fic?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-28 at 09:41 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

Just waded through seven pages of shipping...

I'm loving "Redemption", though I'm kind of afraid that IStLY will die because of it...ah,well.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ed: Actually, is anyone here willing to be a judge of...erm... the suitability of a fic?
    *shrugs* I can try. I might not be a good judge, though. You might want to take it to the people who you're including. They'll usually tell you what they consider too far.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #990

NecromancerGuy

The Stillness of the Tomb

Rutskarn/Player_Zero (with special guest appearances by a new race of undead that know how to tap-dance and would probably enjoy having a sit-down lunch with GW... or Pickman...)

[Read at your own peril. Lovecraftia is very possible... Apologies to Terry Pratchett]

Spoiler
    Show
    "You know, sometimes I wonder how we ever lived without one another," Rutskarn's dried flesh crinkled into a smile as he sighed, content with his undeath.

The pitter-patter of the rutskellingtons' feet fills the air, clicking and clacking, their echoes reverberating along the stone floors and walls of the lair's complex of halls and tombs.

"Sometimes I felt like we really were the same person, separated by time and space," Player_Zero sipped of tea coloured a rich, lustrous brown from fine, bone china, pinky out, but of course, as his skeletal left hand reached down and kneaded the dusty flesh of Rutsky's shoulder.

Rasping tea warmed teeth lightly play across Rutskarn's cheek as the recently drained tea lights up the pits of Cero's eye sockets, glowing with the light of dying stars, and steam billows forth from his bones, wreathing the air around the two figures.

Cero's hands caress and feel Rutsky's body, touching up a stitch here, smoothing out a crease here as he lightly nuzzles temple against temple.

With a crash, the teacup shattered, its fragments bouncing, ringing along the smooth stones of the floor. Rutskarn stands, pulling Player_Zero up with him and over the back of the rich, velvet-plush loveseat, and spinning on his heels, catches Cero in his arms with a strength surpassing their living memory.

Rutskarn held Cero in his arms, caressing the smooth bone of his cheek as they locked gazes, sharing their inner most undead with one another, connecting with gazes of negative energy, the way that most mortals can only dream of feeling with their lovers. Tendrils of negative energy well out from their eyes and weave together through the air, billowing up and off as Cero wraps his arms around Rutsky's neck and a tongue, purple and crackling with the fires of lust and negative energy wells up from his depths.

The force with which Cero and Rutsky respond to one another leaves them on the floor, writhing, wrestling together to be the one who most eloquently conveys their feeling in physical terms, as silver-dried tongue meets energy pure and terrible, crackling and smoking with their raw ferocity.

Scraps of bone and flesh tear themselves from their bodies and cleave to one another, the electric mayhem unfolding causing them to arc out from the couple as they kiss.

Their voices join in the mix, strange utterances which neither thinks to say, as they meld into one and out into the twain again. Strange shadows twist and warp in the dark light they cast, arcing, sparking, eyes aflame. Stranger beings still pop in and out of existence, curious to the display before them as their bodies lilt and lift into the air, levitating, almost dancing together on winds all their own.

A single violin's song echoes throughout their lairs hall, and the Rutskellingtons pause and bow in homage to its solo. The rising crescendo threatens to destroy their distinct selves, leaving only the Unity behind.

All is lost in a heady fog of feeling, steam, and electric crackling energy. With a flourish from the whole orchestra, everything falls silent and still as a tomb.

As they lay together, cooling, smoking, dizzy, a few of their fragments that had come undone in the festivities start to gravitate towards one another, faltering, shakily mustering up. Coupling, the necrotized flesh and bone chips become one. Before long, a trio of fleshy-skeletal figures, an inch high and growing are formed, afros not quite visible, but with tap-dancing skills already as they dance over to Cero's teapot and pour themselves a communal cup before going off to join their brethren cavorting and capering through the halls.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-29 at 10:46 AM.
    Homebrew