New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp IV: Flattery Will Get You EVERYWHERE

@Rabbit: It was a very nice piece, and throwing in Vael was a very welcome treat as well!
    I only hope that Jon can survive in this tale long enough to see you happy!

@Destro: Time is running out... tick tock...tick tock...
    You did a good job conveying the urgency and stress that you are falling under with the given situation.

I think my next fic will involve a small skirmish between the opposing forces... It's about time I used my talents writing battle scenes for this series!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

DS: I saw that ship you had there for a moment.
    Shame you deleted it =/

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Aye, I saw it too. It was an interesting take on the character. Sorry if the one I wrote stepped on your toes too much. You could always do something like that as non-canon, or something.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Parting Ways (Redemption)
    starring Destro, DS7, and Nil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Liriel scowled as she looked at Destro. I thought you wanted me here? she said scowling some more. You know. Protect the tower and all.

Destro sighed once more. He wondered once more why he kept her around. It definitely wasn't for her companionship.

Sighing once more. He explained it to her again. I need you to go with Nil. To... hesitated for a moment. To keep watch over him. I trust him to an extent, but our interests only align with Mordokai. Take this. It will keep us in contact, but don't tell anyone about it.

Liriel started to protest. But why me!? I can't...

Destro interrupted her. You are going to do this and that's final. Get ready. Nil is waiting for you downstairs. I would pack light if I were you.

With that, he left her. Liriel grew angry as Destro walked away. Sending her off just like that. No respect for her wishes whatsoever. She wanted to smack him right then. Why the hell did she put up with this anyway!? Grumbling to herself, she went to her room and packed.

She went around the room, kicking stuff out of the way. Her desk was a complete mess, but she left it as it was. Pulling out a piece of paper, she wrote out the instructions and defenses that she had put up, and how to cross them. She considered telling him a lie, but she couldn't force herself to do it. Besides, he would regenerate in a few days anyway, and he would only be angry with her. She didn't need that. Folding the paper, she left it on top of the bed.

She then sat down next to it, and picked up a picture of a photo. It held Destro and herself in it. She had a sad look on her face, while Destro had a pleased look on his. His arm was thrown out, as if something magnificent stood before them, and his other arm was around her shoulder. It did now. That was the spot where he built his tower. A tear slid down her cheek. It had been a while since she was such the follish little girl back then. Always wanting to test her powers. She wiped away the tears that streamed down her cheek. She pulled to picture out of the frame, and placed it in her pocket. Then she packed some of her belongings and went down to meet Nil.

She carried a light pack on her back. Nil smiled at her and tried to take the pack from her, but she ignored him. After a while, he dropped his hand. Looks like he would have his hands full with her. He did noticed that her eyes were tinged with red though. She had been crying.

She sniffled a bit before saying Destro has sent me to help you. He has left me up to my own discretion, and thus I am not a part of your army.

Nil smiled at her. You may not be a part of my army, but I still expect you to follow my orders. He then patted her on the shoulder. And cheer up. No one likes sad company. With that, he ordered his guard to move out.

Destro watched the troops leave his tower. He was still angry at Mordokai. He watched them for a while before they topped a hill, and dissapeared from sight. He stood watching for a little while longer. The sun was setting. Such a beautiful thing in the world. nHe watched as it's last light was sent into the world, before the mountain blocked it. Seconds later, the moment was over, and night started to fall. Sighing, he turned his back and went to work. He still had things to do, and not enough time to do it.

^/^^: i hoped no one saw it. It wasn't ready yet. But it's up now.

and as to stepping on my toes, not at all.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-01-02 at 12:45 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

Wait... Who's DS?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*waves hi*

nice new avvie.

edit: in case you don't get it.

DeathSlayer7. She forgot the seven though.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2009-01-02 at 12:48 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, thank you. When I saw your shoes, I head-desked. I feel silly-stupid now.

And the avvies old. It's my first Lex, made by BRC. Need to edit my location.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Alright then. That's good. I do like the ship, and it makes more sense to me with the extra stuff added in. Now I want to see what other secrets Destro's got.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

That was very good deathslayer. Poor Lireal.
    I just realized the happiest person around, Destro isn't happy...

We need more Magtok. He's probably the only one really benefiting from all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. I'm seeing as time goes on that Destro's got some pretty serious issues to deal with in this series. I have another idea for him, but that one will have to wait till during the big battle between the Two armies. So leave me some room to drop one in there, ok?

Another interesting thing is that right now Destro is out for blood. He doesn't know Happy tried to take her own life, he thinks that was Mordokai's doing. So it'll be interesting to see how Nil manages to keep him and, by extension, Liriel, in line, if he does at all.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

I wish I was in Redemption. But then, there are two problems with that. A) I have NO idea where I'd fit in and B) I can't, with any clear concience, ask anyone to put me in their ships, because my ships are almost always with me in them.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2009-01-02 at 06:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, since you can't in good conscience ask to be included, I will ask that someone try and find room for Raistlin.

I'm thinking he'd be trying to keep Mordokai evil so he could have Rabbit for himself, no?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Not if I can help it!

But seriously, somebody find a spot for a guy? Perhaps he can be Mordy's evil helper or something similar?

Or you know, whatever suits him more.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

You know me very well, Turtle.

So, I bet y'all liked that last fic of mine. I bet you went "Hey look, Rai's not being a vain author with no talent anymore, he actually wrote about someone other than himself." Yeah, so I kinda sorta tried again, and I kinda sorta failed. Here is the fruit of my fail.

Because: RHL/Raist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, wanna come over later tonight? Why, special occasion? No, not really. Just because, I guess. Mmm, well I'm off work at 8. I'll stop by. Alright, sounds good. Love you. Love you too. Bye. Bye. Raist flipped his phone closed, ending the call. He turned around, and frowned. The apartment was sort of a mess. Vespe had been doing something stupid recently, something about a TARDIS made out of recyclables, and so there were ripped tin cans, scraps of paper, and cereal boxes all over the place. Vespe himself was, of course, hanging out at Magtok's, so he wouldn't be any help with the cleaning. Raistlin sighed and turned on his Zune, setting about picking up the pit.

About an hour later, he'd finished. The apartment was spotless, everything was where it belonged. To give you an idea of how well Raistlin had cleaned up everything, he'd even found all his guitar picks, under his amp, wedged in between the piano keys, in his poetry journal, and in other strange places. He checked the clock. Only 6:30, he had time to do some other things before Rabbit arrived. After a few moments of deliberation, he grabbed his wallet and the keys and headed out the door, walking down a few blocks to the flower shop. He stepped inside.

Ah, hello sir! What can I do for you, sir? The florist said in a very posh British accent. Raistlin rolled his eyes. Oh cut it Rein. It's me, don't give me your English butler act. I don't tip extra, because I *know* you were never the official flower-arranger of the Royal Family. Reinholdt laughed, dropping te voice. You'd be suprised at how well it works. So what're you looking for? Mmm, not sure. Something for Rabbit. Roses, maybe? Raistlin fixed Reinholdt with an amused smirk. Color? Red. Never. Too cliched. I might've considered, if they were interesting colored, like white roses, or purple ones, or something like that. What else do you have? Reinholdt ushered Raistlin over to look at the other selection.

Mmm, tulips are nice, orchids are pretty, violets are good... Raistlin said, biting his lip. But? But...I dunno. I think there's something, you know, something that'll be perfect. I just need to find it. He said, meandering through the small flower store. Something caught his eye. Rein! What's this? He said, pointing at a cluster of red flowers. Ah, those would be the carnations. I'd forgotten about them, actually. Don't sell real well, I'm afraid. I'll take them. Raist said, opening his wallet and laying down a cluster of bills. Reinholdt nodded and scooped up the flowers, tying them together with a string and arranging them into a bouquet. He handed the flowers to Raistlin. And there you go, good luck on the date. He said, mock-saluting Raist, who mock-saluted back, before leaving.

Back in the apartment, Vespe, having been kicked out of Magtok's lair, was angrily digging through the recycling. How DARE Raistlin throw out his TARDIS stuff? Just because he was twenty one minutes older didn't mean that he was the ruler of the apartment. Vespe picked through the objects in the bin, throwing what he didn't need over his shoulder onto the living room floor. Raistlin opened the door, flowers in hand, and his jaw dropped. What the HELL are you doing? Rebuilding my TARDIS, obviously, what are you doing? Getting ready for my date with Rabbit. You're supposed to be at Magtok's, what happened? I was playing with his cloning vats, and one of my clones got a little ansty and let the other clones out of the clone play-pen, and then they started re-enacting the French Revolution, and someone yelled 'Off with their heads!' with a fake French accent and then Magtok was dragged to the kitchen and they were going to chop him up with a steak knife but then he started killing the close with a laser and then I started being Snake from Metal Gear Solid and got my headband and- At this point, Vespe delved into mindless babbling. Raistlin sighed.

Look, go hang out with Haruki then, ok? Raistlin opened the door and shoved Vespe outside. He looked at the new mess with a dejected frown. He only had forty five minutes left. He set about cleaning, and finally finished, with five minutes to spare. He breathed a sigh of relief. The apartment was clean, the flowers were beautiful, the...oh damn. Dinner. He'd forgotten. And there was the doorbell. Raistling sighed and went to open it.

Yes? It was Rabbit, obviously, and she smiled. Hey Rai. She hugged him and kissed his cheek. So what's up? Oh, not much. Cleaning up, doing damage control with Vespe, playing guitar. You know, the usual. He said shrugging. Rabbit smiled. So what do you want to do? Raistlin flushed. Ah, well...I was going to make dinner, but the cleaning, and the flowers and the- Flowers? Oh, right, yeah. I got you these. Raistlin went and grabbed the red carnations from the vase he'd stored them in, and handed them to Rabbit, who blushed, grinning. Aw, Rai, they're beautiful, thank you. Right, so as I was saying, I was going to make dinner, but the time got away from me. Is it alright if I order pizza? He said hesitantly. Of course. Raist nodded, relieved, and dug out his phone to call the pizza place, ordering a pie for himself and Rabbit to split.

So the intent was to be a great romantic evening but that sorta didn't pan out so I'm sorry. No it's fine. Rabbit frowned. Are you sure there's no special event or something? I mean, if I forgot our anniversary, I'm so sorry. Rai shook his head. No, no, nothing like that. Just a regular day. I just wanted to do something for you, you know, just because. The doorbell rang, and Raist went to get it. Vespe was there in a delivery hat with the pizza in his hand. What did you do to the deliv-no, I don't want to hear it actually. Here's a twenty, don't do anything loud and disruptive for the rest of the night. Raistlin said, peeling off a twenty and handing it to Vespe in exchange for the pizza. He shut the door and walked back over to the living room. So, in lack of a candlelit dinner, wanna pop in a DVD or something? Rabbit grinned. Sure!

After a few minutes looking over Raistlin's collection, they settled on A Hard Day's Night. They curled up on the couch, snuggled together, eating their pizza and watching to movie together quietly. When it was over, they continued to stay cuddled close, the empty pizza box on the table next to Rabbit's flowers. Raistlin looked down into Rabbit's eyes, and he leaned close and planted a light kiss on her lips. I love you. I love you too. Rabbit wrapped her arms around Raistlin and pulled him close again, pressing her lips firmly to his, dragging him into a long kiss. When they separated, Raistlin smiled and looked at her. What was that for? I think you know. Just because? Rabbit giggled and nodded.

Mmm, I'm pretty happy with this one. Ok, and it's 5:16 in the morning, and I have friends coming over in about 5 hours. Goodnight Playground.

Er, and uh...If anyone WERE to put me in Redemption, I'd see Raist there as very alignment-impartial. A TN/CN type, no real preference for either side, or team. Though, obviously, he will totally LAHV Rabbit, as that's simply what Raistlin does.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2009-01-02 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Great job, Raistlin. I like how you don't write about these epic love stories, you keep them very real. It's quite refreshing actually.

Also, if no one else is already putting Raistlin somewhere in a Redemption fic, how would you like being one of Mordy's captains leading a skirmish against Nil's forces? If you want to be in Rabbit's good graces... maybe working for Nil then? What do you think?
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-01-02 at 08:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Also, if no one else is already putting Raistlin somewhere in a Redemption fic, how would you like being one of Mordy's captains leading a skirmish against Nil's forces? If you want to be in Rabbit's good graces... maybe working for Nil then? What do you think?
    That's not really a neutral position, though certainly he should be more in preference of Rabbit than Mordokai, I can think of something perfect for him.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

I was figuring he could be neutral, but maybe was forced to join the fight for one reason or another and would desert at the first opportunity...

I don't know, I was reaching, I admit.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

*returns as if from a deep sleep, which is appopriate 'cuz he was sleepin'!*

@Inigo: Viva la Russia! Hm, wait. Something about the phrasing there just seems...off?

@RHL: Yay! Rabbit fic! Oh, sad Rabbit fic. But I lovin's it anyway. Beginning with the epistolary was an interesting choice and I think it worked out quite well; it was entertainingly revealing of Rabbit's character with her edits along the way. And Vael. For some reason, I'm left with the impression that Vael is the most badass person in any of these fics. Alluring, frighteningly clever, and...well just plain frightening in general. And, poor Rabbit, indeed; she's managed to get herself lost down the wrong rabbit hole. Poor Flora.

@Destro: You know, we've seen lich-incarnation Desto in a number of fic recently and he's always exceptionally laid-back and sweet in his own lichy way. I look forward to an upcoming fic where he'll tear stuff up with his...lichy...powers!

@DS7: Hm. You know, I was reading your fic, my gf playing the Sims 2 on her laptop while lounging on the couch by my computer desk, she asked me for a girl's name - one of her sims apparently having squeezed out a new ankle-biter. Inspired, I suggested Liriel. So now she's got a Liriel sim. And I'm left with an urge to recreate the Redemption/IStLY casts as Sims on my computer!

@Raist: You needn't worry. Your fail-fruit is delicious!

@Reinholdt: I just want to make a couple notes for the Redemption cast archives. While Pickman doesn't care one lick whether Mordokai is good or evil, he does have concerns for Flora's well-being/happiness. He will do everything in his (meager) power to prevent any harm from coming to her. Because of his unique necro-biology, he will not hesitate to sacrifice himself to protect her; knowing that his body can/will be reformed underground over a couple days anyway. Not that killing him would even be easy, considering he's little more than a walking digestive tract with a small sensory processing center in lieu of a brain. Thanks to the psychic connection he shares with all of his germinated spore, he is aware of everything that happens in the presence of the toadstools left in Flora's care. Obviously, all of that is TMI to jam into Pickman's needfully minor/brief Redemption blurb, but you may want to update his profile to say something like:
    Pickman - Nomadic, but tends to hang out in graveyards. Impartial regarding Mordokai's fall/redemption but would sacrifice himself to ensure Flora's safety.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-02 at 11:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shadowland

Mordokai/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show

Mordokai and Rabbit sat at opposite ends of the table. Covered in the finest cloth, the couple dined on goldne plates, dranking century old wine.

Rabbit tried to start conversation a few times, but Mordokai seemed uninterested..

So Rabbit, how are you? Anything interesting of late?

She began to go on telling of her latest explotes agaisnt Cristo and new, evil spells, as servent rushed in to cater to their every whim.

Is that all?

Rabbit looked stunned for a moment, looking at Mordokai. Although the room was filled wiith candles, their seemed to be a dark shadow around his face.

Servents made sure Rabbbit always had what enough to eat and drink.

Of course....Why? Don't you trust me?

I wish I could Rabbit. I don't like it when you lie to me. I also don't like it when you betray me.

What..what are you talking about.

I. Know.

And know I think it's time you know. Specifically, what we are eating.

Rabbit looked down at her bowl.

Turtle soup.

Turtle soup? Turt....

Rabbit dropped to the floor, releasing the horrible stew from her gullet. Tears ran down the side of her face, filled with revulsion and terror.

I will find who caused you to betray me, and he will pay. But do not worry, I forgive you.

Rabbit mearly continued to sob, kneeling in a puddle of her sister.

I hope this isn't to disturbing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Raist- It was very sweet. And Reinholdt the false english flower shop guy. Hehe. *ponders* Maybe I should actually try it... Hmmm....

@ GW: Updated. If anybody else wants their own character entries updated and such, post them here.
    Otherwise, you're going to get whatever horrible misconceptions my brain spews out. And you know what? I'm not going to feel guilty about it in the least cause it's hard work keeping that thing updated. So there.

@ St. Nil- Words... escape me.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-02 at 11:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Shadowland

Mordokai/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show

*snip*

Awww... I never got to corrupt Wolfbane.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. Go away for a couple days, and 4 pages of greatness come along. I really liked Rabbit's redemption. And Destro's gave me the idea for the ship that follows. Also, Saint Nil - that was hysterical. Is it strange that I find these things that everyone else is horrified/creeped out by to be amusing?

Sowing Seeds of Chaos - a Redemption fic
    Starring - Mangosta, Destro
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lone tower, seemingly abandoned from Mangosta’s vantage point, stood over the field. That would be an excellent place to watch events unfold. He began moving toward it, being careful to avoid any attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nil’s forward scouts had finally crossed paths with Mordokai’s. Some light skirmishing followed, though neither force had been able to fight effectively in the circumstances. They were mobile combatants, depending on cover, of which there was none on the open plain. By unspoken agreement, both sides backed off. Mordokai’s scouts had barely made it halfway to the treeline when balls of flame and ice began raining on them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mangosta’s eyes widened. Such a display of power… Such powerful sorcery cannot be part of Nil’s scouting regiments. His main camp might have those capable of this, but even the fools in Mordokai’s army are not so incompetent that they could have missed that if he was so close… He glanced at the tower once more. A tiny figure stood at the top. Not abandoned after all. And Nil seems to have bought off its inhabitants.

A cruel smile played across his lips. Wizards trust too much in their magical defenses. He approached the tower, staying low, hiding among the shadows of the tall grass. The stone walls made for easy handholds. He quickly made his way to a window near the top of the tower and slipped inside.

He was so taken aback by the sight inside that he forgot himself for a moment, his foot coming down fast enough that his boot made an audible tap as it contacted the ground. [color]****.[/color] The lich’s head turned toward him. They stared at each other for a moment. Destro rose from his meditative pose. His hands, crackling with power, rose menacingly. Mangosta raised his hands, showing his palms, and bowed his head. “Forgive me. I believed this tower to be empty, and hoped to use it as an observation point.

Destro was not mollified. “You wished to watch the battle between Mordokai and Nil? It is finished.

That was a mere skirmish between outriders. You know of the participants? I assume you also know what they both are. I’m curious as to why you slaughtered Mordokai’s scouts.

The flames in Destro’s eye sockets flared. “Mordokai has aggrieved me personally.

I find that unlikely. Nobody in his camp even knew that this tower was here. What could he have done that you would side with a man who will do everything in his power to destroy you when he has no further use for you?

Destro snarled and hurled a bolt of arcane energy. Mangosta simply stepped aside and vanished. The blast left a scorched hole in the wall.

Mangosta’s voice rang out again. “I do not wish to harm you. I merely ask, what did Mordokai do to you? What grievance do you have?

I will see him dead for what he did to Rabbit!” Eyes blazing, he began gathering his power once more.

Mangosta’s surprise was apparent in his voice. “The necromancer? The one who has been so obviously in love with him for ages? I would know if she had been to see him, and she has not.

Another bolt streaked from Destro’s hand, slamming into a table. Splinters and shards of glass flew through the air. “He nearly murdered her sister!

Sister? You mean the barbarian, Happyturtle? Not so. Even had his soldiers not been under orders to not touch her, she had the training to take any number of them. She was alive and well when she left Mordokai’s camp. She was not followed by Mordokai, nor any of his soldiers.

Destro froze. “If what you say is true, then who…?

Mangosta slipped out of the shadows behind the lich. “If something happened to Happyturtle, it was not Mordokai’s doing. He wished for her to live. Even in his current state, he would not cause Rabbit grief. But I will ask you – who might have had people near Mordokai’s camp? People that would have seen her leave peacefully, seen her carrying weapons, and assumed that she was one of his followers? People that could have attacked and overpowered her?

With that, Mangosta hopped up onto the windowsill. When Destro reached it and looked out, the assassin was gone, leaving no trace that he had ever been there.

I like to leave my stories a bit open-ended. I think it's easier for the other writers that way. Or maybe I'm too lazy to close them myself.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Sorry Happy.

And Magosta- I liked how you brought this to Destro's attention. Makes you winder if he will still side with me.

Spoiler
    Show
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    And Vael. For some reason, I'm left with the impression that Vael is the most badass person in any of these fics. Alluring, frighteningly clever, and...well just plain frightening in general.
    What can I say? I'm just sexy awesome.
    RHL pinpointed exactly the type of character that would be most appealing for me to play and be. She's good.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Mangosta- It was good. That sneaky liar...
    Wouldn't cause Rabbit grief? Ha! *points at Flora* If he's willing to do that to his true love.... who knows what pain he'd be willing to inflict on Rabbit? Of course, what Destro doesn't know...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Shadowland

Mordokai/RHL
    Spoiler
    Show

Mordokai and Rabbit sat at opposite ends of the table. Covered in the finest cloth, the couple dined on goldne plates, dranking century old wine.

Rabbit tried to start conversation a few times, but Mordokai seemed uninterested..

So Rabbit, how are you? Anything interesting of late?

She began to go on telling of her latest explotes agaisnt Cristo and new, evil spells, as servent rushed in to cater to their every whim.

Is that all?

Rabbit looked stunned for a moment, looking at Mordokai. Although the room was filled wiith candles, their seemed to be a dark shadow around his face.

Servents made sure Rabbbit always had what enough to eat and drink.

Of course....Why? Don't you trust me?

I wish I could Rabbit. I don't like it when you lie to me. I also don't like it when you betray me.

What..what are you talking about.

I. Know.

And know I think it's time you know. Specifically, what we are eating.

Rabbit looked down at her bowl.

Turtle soup.

Turtle soup? Turt....

Rabbit dropped to the floor, releasing the horrible stew from her gullet. Tears ran down the side of her face, filled with revulsion and terror.

I will find who caused you to betray me, and he will pay. But do not worry, I forgive you.

Rabbit mearly continued to sob, kneeling in a puddle of her sister.

How could that not be disturbing?

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

I have written a song-fic for Redemption.

I felt that maybe we should have a few fics that involve the common soldiers fighting the war as well as the stories involving the more prominent power players.

The song itself is called Grafted into the Army and was quite popular during the time of the American Civil War. I have adapated the wording of the song to fit the character being shipped and modernizing it by using "Drafting" instead of "Grafting."

I hope you all like it...

Drafted into the Army

Introducing: Fredthefighter

Spoiler
    Show

The Town Crier had delivered the news. “Mordokai the Redeemer has fallen! Saint Nil has ordered that every able-bodied male be enlisted in the army. Service is mandatory, failure to report to training will result in imprisonment!”

Fred, having just come of age while working on his mother’s farm, had heard the news when he was in town buying bread for that evening’s supper. He had ran home to his mother and told her the news. She had turned pale, and begged Fred not to go, but her words fell flat and would not deter Fred from his eagerness to enlist.

Our Freddie has gone for to live in a tent
    They have drafted him into the army;
    He finally puckered up courage and went
    When they drafted him into the army.
    I told them the child was too young, alas
    At the captain's forequarters they said he would pass
    They'd train him up well in the infantry class
    So they drafted him into ther army.

Oh, Freddie, farewell! Your brothers fell
    Way down in Al-a-bar-my,
    I thought they would spare a lone widow’s heir
    But they drafted him into the army.

Freddie’s training had been brief from urgency, but intense for the same reason. His sergeant had knocked him around a few times, and had trained him in the use of the sword and spear. His armor was a simple affair consisting of a boiled leather breastplate with metal studs, and a small shield. He had always been strong and healthy, from years of working on a farm, but this training regimen was far more difficult than he had expected. His thoughts turned toward his mother, nightly. His two older brothers had already been killed by Mordokai’s men, and it was now up to him to avenge their deaths.

But his mother was at home, forced to work the farm alone. How he wished that he had sisters to stay home and help her, or that his father hadn’t died from the fever four years ago.

Dressed up in his uniform, dear little chap,
    It seems but a day since he sat in my lap,
    And these are the trousers he used to wear,
    Them very same buttons, the patch and the tear;
    But Uncle Nil gave him a bran' new pair
    When they drafted him into the army.

Way down in Al-a-bar-my,

He had been given permission to visit home for an evening, after his regiment had received the order to join Saint Nil’s army to face Mordokai theFallen. She was silent for much of the evening, and cried a little when she had seen him wearing his uniform. He had to reassure her that what he was doing was right, and that Mordokai needed to be stopped. She still would go on about how he was too young and that he should be granted a reprieve because he was the last male heir alive for the family.
    Freddie would have none of it. The rest of the evening passed uneventfully, save for when he went to bed. He heard his mother crack open the door, and enter the room. He pretended to sleep, but knew that she was sitting on a chair beside his bed, watching him. Her hand reached out to stroke his hair, and he felt her lips kiss his forehead. After a few more minutes she was gone.

Now in my provisions I see him revealed,
    A picket beside the contented field,
    They have drafted him into the army.
    He looks kinder sickish --- begins to cry,
    A big volunteer standing right in his eye!
    Oh, what if the ducky should up and die,
    Now they've drafted him into the army

Way down in Al-a-bar-my,

It was time, his regiment had been assembled into marching columns and the order had been given. Fred was now marching to war. His buddies in the line were chatting happily, eager to be joining the fight.
    Fred was eager too, but was silent. He couldn’t help but think of his mother all alone.

The people of Fred’s village had emerged to see their young men off. Fred looked around desperately to get one last look at his mother, and finally spotted her standing on a green hill to his right. He resisted the urge to wave, as that would have been frowned upon by his superiors. Instead, he tried to make eye contact and nod at her, though his helmet made that difficult.

He did see her face was pale, and stained with tears.

He shook his head. This was not the time for this. He turned his attention away from her, measuring out his marching steps mentally in his head. His spear, held aloft, was already feeling heavy and it was still many more miles of marching today…

28. - Top - End - #1168

Excellent work Twobit. I like how you were able to show how this war affects everyone, not just Mordokai. How his falling is causing grief for almost everyone.

*gives two thumbs up, a cookie, and RHL's hat*

*is smacked by rabbit*

*takes the hat back*

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent work Twobit. I like how you were able to show how this war affects everyone, not just Mordokai. How his falling is causing grief for almost everyone.

That was my exact objective. I know it is important to show how Mordy's fall affects those close to him, but I wanted to add a greater context to the story as well.

Edit: I had missed that Coidzor had already shipped Fredthefighter, but my story still works, I think. It just takes place much earlier on then, just after Mordys fall. I never specified a race in the story either, so it could easily have been a Dwarf village that enacted the conscription.

Sorry Coidzor. I am sorry if I upset what you have written, I can edit whatever is needed to make it fit with what you have done already. I also gave him a spear and sword because, as a conscript, he only took what he was issued. I assume that he will distinguish himself in battle later and gain a few ranks before your story.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-01-02 at 02:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

That was beautiful, I have no other words to describe it.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle