New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: ITP- Battle for Alarra

Yeah, I can easily see this becoming a series of playground battles...with more and more roles added based on WW players and Playgrounders.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

That sounds like Kaos....

Man now I wish festy would come back...
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, I'd play in the next game! At least until the end of Day One!

And I believe probing grey areas is good because at least it brings said grey area into the light! So we can discuss about it and make a decision one way or the other.

It's never good if there are things the rules don't cover.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    @Qwaz: Just for the future, I'd like to be consulted next time before you post my private messages in public, please.
    Whoops.

I found that as town i appreciated a look behind the scenes at team wolf in Classic XII once the game was over so i resolved to do that for this game.

I assumed you wouldn't mind info you shared with 5 strangers via PM being shared with the thread at large especially when it was all about the game and there wasn't anything mean or spiteful said. I did go through for anything I thought was sensitive or personal info and redacted Thufir's RL name incase he's kept that to himself here. You are completly right though. I should have asked all of team Real's permission and I apologise to you all.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goof's two cents...

Yay - Controversy! What a fun WW game.

I, having met Lex, know Lex's true gender, but I prefer to add to the confusion/fun that Lex is.

On the topic of narrator error/advantage. Lex did what (s)he should have in that scenario. Oops - we made a mistake. 1 mistake in tallying. But we let the game go from there. End of story - I support what Lex did 100%. We shall avoid having this fiasco repeat itself in any future game.

Future iterations will/should include playgrounders. First game was of course based on popular playgrounders, but future games should have the naming of the roles changed to fit the players of THIS GAME! The wolves roles remaining the same, as RL will always try to take playgrounders away, but good/neutral roles to be renamed. Winners of the next game then take roles in game 3, etc.....see more with preview at bottom of the post.

With that in mind, to our victors/players alive, we will rename roles with your names as priority in the next game. Variants to be figured out based on game-play. Yes- this is the first WW game where you get a prize that someone can use. You are the prize!

Not finalized (because I need to consult with Lexy)- but first draft of chaptor two...

Spoiler
    Show

ITP- Battle for Haruki-Kun
    CHAPTOR II

Narrators: Lex-kat & Supagoof.
    Roles written by: Supagoof

In a long turblent war between Real Life and the Playground, Structured games has become the battleground of choice. While RL has often deployed unusual and strange tactics to remove playgrounders here, champions of the playground have risen to new heights and fought RL off time and time again. The stories of such battles become legend. Epic words written on endless pages of time answer questions about the ages.

The only question that remains - are you ready to join them?

This time - the journalists and publishers have found a new target. Popular web-comic artist and all around angelic being Haruki-Kun has found that his comic "Angelic Slayer" was considered by the Smithsonian a true adaptation of the Copy/Paste art revolution. Seeking to bring our beloved comic creator out of his fantasy filled inspiration into RL, they have once again sent their agents....

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    25% majority rule: Votes are done in red text. Once a 25% majority has been reached, rounded down, whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game. If no 25% majority is reached, the mob cannot gather sufficient numbers to lynch anyone.

Striking Through Votes: Please strike out old votes, when changing to another. This helps out the narrators when counting the votes. When I tally the votes, if you do not do this, I will count your first vote.

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they do not point for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass. If you are out on pass, no night activites for you should you have them.

Helgraf's Scry Interference: If two characters with a scry ability look at the same player, both will get "Scry Failed" as a result.

Have Fun: If you are not having fun, please let me know so we can change your mind. Supagoof has a large crowbar he's anxoius to use.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playground (Heroes)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Qwaz (Baner)- He successfully completed his mission in chaptor 1 of our stories, but his venture into the playground sucked him away from RL. Now loving it here, he has sworn to help the cause of the playground in it's battles against RL. Each night he can choose another playgrounder to protect from Real Life.

Fleeing Coward/Murska (Seer/Fool)- Which one is the seer and which one is the fool, no one really knows. We do know that both were in constant contact with the narrators in chaptor 1, so they pretty much have it all figured out.. We also know that for their length of time in the playground, these two pretty much know everybody. Each night the send in a scry to see if the person logged in is a playgrounder or a real life monster in disguise. (The role of who is the Fool, and who is the Seer is randomly changed throughout the game. And no - probably not in the 2/2 switch as chapter 1.)

Haruki-Kun (Angel)- Haruki-Kun will never give up the playground...at least not without a large sum of cash placed at his feet. This Angel of Slaying has the ability to make narrators laugh, thereby avoiding the extra points, so if he's pointed at by the narrator/anti-narrator, no worries. Those points just count as 1.

Atreyu, the Masked Llama (Shield)- Survivor of chaptor one, the quadroped does all he can to keep Real Life at bay. Having given Haruki-Kun guest comics for times the Angel needed it, Atreyu will also give his life to keep Angelic Slayer publishing's in the playground and out of the Smithsonian. (Takes the kill from the first time Haruki-Kun is attacked by the wolves. Wins if successfully takes kill/avoid lynch.).

Szilard (Killer)- This playgrounder doesn't like any shenanigans going on around him. If he sees troubles or narrator errors, he'll remove it. At night can send in the name of a player to be removed. 3 day cooldown.

Lex-Kat (Narrator)- You think we'd let a game become active without putting the narrator name directly into it? That would be serious, and we need to be SILLY. Lex-Kat's point counts as 3 (except on Haruki-Kun).

Playgrounder (Villager)- The playgrounders love their comics and will do everything to eliminate the Real Life's call. Each day they can point to lynch someone they believe to be a Real Life Monster.

Real Life Monsters (Villains)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Professor (Alpha Cloaked Wolf)- This old man has been working on capturing Angelic Slayer for years by continuously sending snail mail with things like facts and knowledge. Though he took a bit of a change from the win in chaptor 1. This time around, he knows how to hide better. Scries as Playgrounder - Picks wolves.

The Media (Wolves)- The lure of fine art hung in a museum and swag parties offered by the media is enough to pull anyone away. Will they be able to find the soul of Haruki-Kun that has been hidden here ITP?

The Journalist (Devil)- This clever man has been reading through Haruki-Kun's comics for years, and with the knowledge gained from them he can learn about the names of playgrounders behind the logins.

The Mythbusters (Beasts)- The fierce two-some can drag any playgrounder away from the computer when they go. With their catch phrase "Let's Go Blow Something Up!" as their trademark, sending them away for their search will result in losing another responsible for their death as well.

The Hacker (Disguiser)- The hacker can log into the boards as anyone else. He's so good, he can in fact make anyone look like someone else when logged in. Each night he can send in the name of a player and make them look like anyone he wants when they are scried.

Supagoof (Anti-Narrator)- Well, if team good gets one, then why shouldn't team evil? That would be silly, and we need to be SERIOUS. Supagoof's point counts as 3 (except on Haruki-Kun).

The Doctor (Voider)- The cause of illness is enough to take anyone away from the boards for a time, but the doctor can pretty much tell you to stop staring at the screen waiting for your updates because it's bad for your health. Each night, he can send in the name of a player whose power he want's to de-activate for the night.

The Sneaks (Neutral)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins (Seer/Defender)- Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins, except maybe Tasroth. Each night Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (And yes, they will be different then Goals in chaptor 1)

Tasroth (Seer/Defender)- Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Tasroth, except maybe Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Each night Tasroth can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (And yes, they will be different then Goals in chaptor 1)

Ramsus(Careless Baner)- The baner from chapter one has learned what it takes to protect someone. Problem is, he's tired of only protecting himself. This time around, he will give his life in protection of anyone else. Anyone else. Wins if survives.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2011-02-22 at 05:21 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

I'm in.

Oh wait...this isn't a registration thread....

*waits patiently*
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

7. - Top - End - #607
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ha ha! Awesome :) Nice rule set. I think the addition of Alpha (villager scry) may be enough to balance the chance of the two neutrals ending up on team village.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Matt K
    Guest in the Playground

Sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to play again.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

ROFL, yeah you're right. I really did get sick of Baning myself over and over again. Though I'm thinking perhaps Ramsus should have some incentive to actually sacrifice himself. Maybe he also wins if he ended up protecting Lex or Supagoof? (Why those two you ask? Because I'm a very 4th wall breaking kind of guy. Isn't that right viewers?)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-02-22 at 07:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be up for playing again. Can I has role?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

Well, everyone will have to wait and watch until April 28th. That's when recruitment begins. Game starts the 2nd of May.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-22 at 07:19 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

No...role for me?....*sniffle*

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

13. - Top - End - #613
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    ROFL, yeah you're right. I really did get sick of Baning myself over and over again. Though I'm thinking perhaps Ramsus should have some incentive to actually sacrifice himself. Maybe he also wins if he ended up protecting Lex or Supagoof? (Why those two you ask? Because I'm a very 4th wall breaking kind of guy. Isn't that right viewers?)
    Your product placement is most blaitent

14. - Top - End - #614

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Don't feel too bad. I don't get any love either.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

I got a role???

Awesome!
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe I'll name one of the wolves after ya.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Your product placement is most blaitent
    Haha, but seriously it just seemed like a weird thing to me to have a guy whose power is to die and whose goal is to live. Not sure why he would use the power and not be like "hey guys, I'm sitting this one out, have fun!"

Maybe I'll name one of the wolves after ya.
    lol, would be funny if all the roles were named after players.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-02-22 at 10:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Dwarf in the Playground

careless baners don't die to protect someone...they just can't use their bane on themselves.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

You know what this would be good? Make a Universal Smash Bros type thing except instead of using actual USB roles, use people's roles. And every role would have a different ability just like in Smash.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    You know what this would be good? Make a Universal Smash Bros type thing except instead of using actual USB roles, use people's roles. And every role would have a different ability just like in Smash.
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Can I sig that?
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Go right ahead.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

careless baners don't die to protect someone...they just can't use their bane on themselves.
    Ah, I see, guess I misinterpreted that then. Nvm I guess.

Deathslayer's idea amuses me but that's up to Supagoof and Lex, either way is fine with me.

24. - Top - End - #624

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    I demand to be able to eat people!
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Dwarf in the Playground

I preffered this to smash if I'm honest. With so many roles and so much confusion and specific roles not being revealed upon death it made it very hard to catch a villain in a lie at all in USB.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

I preffered this to smash if I'm honest. With so many roles and so much confusion and specific roles not being revealed upon death it made it very hard to catch a villain in a lie at all in USB.
    lol, funny, that's why I enjoyed it. Of course you were the victim of our lies so I suppose.....

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    lol, funny, that's why I enjoyed it. Of course you were the victim of our lies so I suppose.....
    Oh I don't mind that. In fact it's enlightened me greatly as to how slow I am to suspect someone i have mentally slotted in as innocent. A valuable lesson.

But in general i like the fact that if Murska is gonna claim Lex-kat he's gotta be damn sure he's not gonna be found out.

Spoiler
    Show

(Spoilered as this is clearly now a discussion for the USB Thread)

I think with all the crazy powers going on in USB the villagers need to know who gone to try and work out anything of what's happened. If that means wolves have to claim carefully then so be it. Role gathering should still be forbidden, In fact role claiming *was* forbidden so the wolves had no reason to claim if they didn't want to.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Oh I don't mind that. In fact it's enlightened me greatly as to how slow I am to suspect someone i have mentally slotted in as innocent. A valuable lesson.
    Very true. I try to, every time I look at the playerlist and situation, start from a blank slate as to my attitude towards a player's alignment in the game. Nobody who isn't a confirmed innocent is an innocent, period.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have love for all of you *ahem* Lady Tialiat and Helgraf *ahem*, but the reward for winning/surviving was to have a role in the next game. I would enjoy giving everyone a role, with someone else's name, but that would be turning this game into something it's not, and taking the special reward of winning the game down a notch. I won't do that.

Nor will I munchkin the roles/ruleset any further. To me, you should use whatever means you have neccesary to convince/trick/fool/engage yourself to a win.

A neutral careless baner - means that they could be on team good, but could also stab team good in the back. They could be on team bad, but could also stab team bad in the back Such deceptive opportunities make this game the fun it is.

Also why the Lord Fullbladder/Tasroth roles have a different objectives. Giving them the ability to know who they are talking too was keen for them to be able to convince/trick/fool/engage. For example, in this last game - They had to protect another player (that they chose after roles were decided). Now all they had to do was protect their player. Didn't matter to them if good or evil one, so if that role was in contact with both sides....helps the cause. Next game - the objective may be different. They may be feuders, intent on getting the other one killed. They might be lovers, working to save themselves. They might have a spcific target they need to eliminate, or task to complete (like cause interference with 3 other scries, get baned by Ramsus, hide an assassination in a link in their text...). What that objective is - may or may not be revealed to the players. It was in this game and you can imagine how that may have helped/hurt others, but next time....who knows.

One thing is certain - Neutral can be your friend, but on the other hand....

Oh, and yeah - Cloaked Alpha was added, because the maths for percentages of players left = nightmare in counting vote resistance. Don't ask, we won't explain.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2011-02-23 at 01:51 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic