Xephii enjoy solitude, prefering to live with only a small number of others. This causes a lot hermits, in Xephii culture. This rich background of hermits causes the Xephii to very wise and introspective. They have few enemies, side from the Sahuagin, causing them to generally friendly to outsiders.
For the first 35 years of their lives Xephii are much more agressive than normal. This demenour slowly fades away as they grow older, becoming more placid. Luckily because of their wisdom they aren't foolish and learn when to strike, rather than being rash.
The Xephii are thin and lithe humanoids in body shape, their scaled flesh is a smooth light blue. They have sharp angular faces, with large eyes and very small chins. They have several gills running down the sides of their chests. Down their spine and on their limbs are small fins, which aid their swimming. Jutting out of the knuckles of thier hands are short sharp rapier like blades, which function as natural weapons. In their mouths are several rows of razor sharp teeth.
Like many fish, many Xephii change gender during their lives. Nearly every Xephii is born as a male, and one in twenty Xephii is born female. Upon reaching middle age males turn into females (weight should be recalculated).
While the Xephii don't have many allies, they generally aren't troubled by the surface races simply because of resources required to combat them is too great. The Xephii are the natural enemies of the shark spawned sahuagin which defile the ocean with sanguine mist.
Xephii are generally neutral in alignment, prefering balance in thier lives.
Xephii live in the grand blue oceans of the material plane. They have large coral cities near the surface, which are full of twisting passages. The nation of the Xephii is known as Pelagia.
The Xephii believe they were choosen to the protectors of the ocean by the gods during their creation. As such most are religious, with nearly every city in Pelagia having a temple to the water deity Atlan.
Xephii don't have a language of their own, speaking Aquan in their own culture. They generally learn common so they can speak with other races.
The names of Xephii are in Aquan, because of Aquan and elven is share many traits their names are rather similar.
: Belshatzzar, Dawid, Filippu, Gedeon, Jericho, Samuilu, Zaboulon
: Jescha, Merob, Michol, Naamah, Sepphora, Thamar
: Bolshadi, Masajaes, Pascaes, Tyser
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (Aquatic): A Xephii has the aquatic subtype. It can breathe underwater. A Xephii can hold its breath outside the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution. After that, it begins to suffocate.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Xephii have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Xephii base land speed is 15 feet.
- A Xephii has a swim speed of 40 feet. It can move through water at it's swim speed without making Swim checks. It has a +10 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Bright Eyes: Because of the heat glands under the eyes of the Xephii, they recieve a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against cold weather.
- Natural Weapons: Xephii have two primary claw attacks that deal 1d6 points of slashing damage plus Strength bonus, and a secondary bite attack that deals 1d4 points of piercing damage plus 1/2 Strength bonus.
- Slimy Flesh: Xephii gain a +5 racial bonus to Escape Artist and to Grapple checks made to resist or escape a grapple or to escape a pin.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: Xephii can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Aquan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
|Xephii Random Starting Ages|| || || |
|Xephii Aging Effects|| || || |
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|25 Years||35 Years||45 Years||+1d12 Years|
|Xephii Random Height and Weight|| || || || |
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'5"||+2d6||85 lb.||x (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4'5"||+2d6||80 lb.||x (1d6) lb.|