New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Pathfinder Prehistoric Tribe INC

The beating of drums and blowing of horns called all members of the Dreckars Tribe to meal. The Drecksharn brought out the game they had caught that day while the Drecknal began cooking the meats, gathering together the herbs and fruits and portioning everything out. Wind Caller and her three apprentices gives thanks to the spirits of the land, as do all Drackratoosh and many of the other tribemembers.

Chieftan Stronebreaker takes up position at the head of the largest fire, speaking to several scouts. The Dreckars had set camp for almost five days and the herd they followed was already beginning to move on, so in the next day or two the tribe would be taking down their huts and readying to move to the next location. Silver Eyes keeps watch over the food preparation, ensuring that no member of the tribe attempts to stuff a scrap into thier garments, though it was rare for a Dreckars man or woman to ever need to steal.

You all have risen in your respective castes and shown the heads of the tribe great promise. You perform your usual tasks during meals, some of you are good friends, others just know eachother by name. Some of you prefer to eat within your own caste, or with specific groups within your caste. The Beast Riders tend to all eat as a group, fedding their mounts while they eat and discussing hunting and fighting patterns. Including Oncoming Storm and the Chieftain there are five other beast riders, four of whom follow the path of the Tribe as their Chieftain does devoting their entire life and purpose to their kin, while the fifth beast rider is one of the Dreckroogah of the clan and follows the path of the lion, devoting himself to defending the Chieftain above all others. The Dreckratoosh often all eat together, though they make up less than a third of the tribe and most are druids, oracles, or witches.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Prehistoric Tribe INC

Dragons Fire

Dragons fire hadn't been present for a full gathering in half a moons passing. He had been with the frontrunners scouting the herds and terrain ahead. Often times he and a few others may be alone for a long time, fending for themselves and living off the food they could procure for themselves.

He sat, wearing naught but his traveling leathers, his naked skin full of small scars that told the story of his life. Dragons Fire sat eating his meal in peace and quiet as it always took him some time to become accustomed to speaking again, his life often led in the quiet hunt of survival.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm brings a small bag of feed for Lightning. Though a humble animal compared to his father's massive wolf, the horse has a noble air to it that complements its master well. Once Lightning is munching contentedly, Oncoming Storm joins his father and brothers in arms.

"Father? Are we ready to begin?" he says, not even bothering to take some food while there was strategy to discuss.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eyes of Milk

Milk had begun the meal with the other dreacktaroosh, and earlier than that had greeted his mother when she came back with the other dracksharn, but now he was slowly wondering away from the others. He also had an inedibly larger, but fairly tender chunk of meat in his mouth, though he wasn't trying to eat it. He was, in fact, slowly sneaking away from the rest, trying to go and feed Buried Alive. When he arrived at the outside of the tribe's current settlement, and the little mound of dirt that Buried Alive had made for himself. Milk gave the meat to Buried Alive after tearing up into manageable chunks.

Milk said to Buried Alive, "Keep yourself well, Buried Alive. We are moving again soon, and I may have duties to attend to which will keep me from caring for you. He then left him, and hurried back to the rest of the tribe, hoping he hadn't missed anything important.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ragnar

Ragnar had taken his position along with the other scouts. After the discussion with the chief. He starts to exchange the usual stories with the other scouts as he pops slices of fruits to his mouth. When he spots Matilda, all words have gone from his chest as he continues eating without tasting the food.

He glances to the left and sees green beside Matilda. His right hand started gathering the right portion of small bones to throw at him after the meal and when his back is turned.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Varzen

After making sure that the spoils of his last hunt were well spread out among the Dreckars, Varzen caught the eye of a few of his fellow Drecksharn who were feasting at a nearby table. There was an empty spot next to Arka of Spears, and Varzen was eager to banish the hunger that crept upon him during the hunt.

Before he sat down, he turned to his Eidolon, Saber. Though Saber was as tough as always, his eyes showed that he was a tad weary from the day's work. "Why don't you take a quick rest?" Varzen asked. Though he would never admit it, Saber needed a break every now and then. With a few quick motions of the hand, Varzen recited an incantation to send Saber to the mystical realm from which he came.

After enjoying a meal with his comrades and friends, Varzen lingered around the area for a bit longer, wondering where his brother Heart Of Beast was.
    Last edited by TrueDiviner; 2012-07-18 at 11:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heart of Beast

Heart of Beast emerges from the darkness outside the feasting ground, chucking a pig nearly half again as large as his slender flame next to the fire. He grabs a plate of meat, greeting his Drecksharn friends before going over to Varzen.

"Apologies for being late, brother- unlike you and Saber, I hunt better at night." He clasps Varzen on the forearm in greeting, and goes over to the Dreckratoosh table to sit next to Walks On Air.
    Last edited by Arkwright; 2012-07-19 at 12:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Chieftain Stonebreaker pauses in thought, stroking his graying goatee. He look to his son and the other Beast Riders, all eager to hear the news and take on a task. He nods, patting his son on the shoulder and standing, the instruments come to a stop and everyone pauses in the conversation, turning their heads to listen to the Cheiftain as he speaks. His voice is deep and strong, rumbling up from his throat like a growling avalanche.

"Our scouts tell me they have spotted signs of a tribe in the lands ahead, possibly more than one. They are likely small and savage. I will need volunteers to go ahead with out lead scout Raptoreyes to find the tribes and see if we can establish peaceful means with them. But if they are too savage, the group will have full permissions to take matters into their won hands. My son, Oncoming Storm, will lead the group. Who will assist him?"

He looked around, his eyes resting breifly on each of you, almost expecting a response from all of you specifically. The tribe buzzes with groups talking it out. Most people were so busy with their personal work, the more experianced members would be too busy witht heir responsibilities to go with Oncoming Storm on the Journey.

9. - Top - End - #9

Dragon's Fire

Dragons Fire simple stands, a basic acknowledgement of his duty.

10. - Top - End - #10

Eyes of Milk

Milk stands in kind after Dragon's Fire. He feels guilty, even though he had done at least something help prepare Buried.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Varzen

Varzen respectfully bows to Chieftan Stonebreaker as he approaches. "I will gladly assist Oncoming Storm with this task," he says.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heart of Beast

Heart of Beast whispers to his friend "It would seem you'll have to teach me that flying trick of yours later, Walks on Air."

He stands up and looks at the group with a toothy grin. "Sounds like fun, chief. I offer my claws and strength if you'll have me."
    Last edited by Arkwright; 2012-07-23 at 07:12 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ragnar

He looks at Matilda and sees an opportunity to impress her. He shot his hands up I'll volunteer for the good of matil... I mean for the tribe. He glances at green who sneered at Ragnar while Ragnar shot a look which indicates that green couldn't handle this mission.
    Last edited by wisesage; 2012-07-24 at 01:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Burned Bear

"It would be good to stretch my legs and meet with this other tribe, puny as they no doubt are next to our might. They may even have things worthy of trade and who better than to seek them out than Burned Bear?" He thumps his chest as he boasts. Though he has earned no victories of his own he is eager to prove himself.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm stands as his father calls for warriors to aid in his journey. Part of him is surprised, as he had not been told this would be his duty, and he worried in the back of his mind about what would happen if he was gone too long. But he does not let it show, as he realizes his father's wisdom in sending his own son as an ambassador and if needed, a warchief in his own right.

"Father, everyone, I thank you for the trust you've placed in me, to think me fit to be the leader of this band. I hope to prove I am worthy of that trust, and welcome the support of all who have volunteered. The journey will be difficult and we may not see our loved ones again for many moons. All who would ride with me, raise your hands with mine! Who would be my battle brothers?"

He raises a fist into the air.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2012-07-24 at 10:43 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cheiftain Stonebreaker nods as he sees all those that volunteer. "Very well. Our group is established. Storm, my son, you should get to know those that will be riding out with you. The advance party will leave at first light witht he great fire in the sky has peeked over the edges of the world. Make your preperations tonight, you are releived of any other duties you normally have to prepare yourselves for this task. For now, eat up and get your stomachs full, enjoy the company of the Tribe while you can." He nods, finishing his speech with a great roar of encouragement, other tribesman adding their own growls, snarls, hisses, and whistles, noises that the great scaley gods that blessed the tribe with speech used.

17. - Top - End - #17

Dragons Fire

Standing, the bronze skinned man gave a look of longing towards the beautiful Silken Tree, before quickly making his way to his leader, "I am ready." having not had the time to settle after returning from scouting early that day, Dragons fire had only to grab a small amount of food before he was ready to depart. Dragons Fire prided himself on his self sufficiency and physical prowess.

Spoiler
    Show
    Silken Tree is a named love interest, niece of Wind Caller the Shameness.

18. - Top - End - #18

Eyes of Milk

Eyes' meal mostly consists of fruits, indulging a sweet tooth he ordinarily cannot. After that, he also walks over to Storm.

"I'm glad you'll take me on with you, as well. It seems few other drecktaroosh have offered themselves, so I hope what services I might provide will be helpful to the journey."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Burned Bear

Tearing a leg from the roasting meat Burned Bear goes to stand with the others. "We are commanded to fill our stomachs," he takes a huge bite and waves to limb to indicate the choicest parts of the feast.

"There is auroch, honey glazed and succulent and brought down with my own hand. Here is leaf roasted JuJu bird. Hedgehog boiled in clay ready for the peeling and a stew of apples and hog sausage. Let us feast so that tomorrow we have the strength to race to this other tribe. We will be fat while they are skinny. Our arms will shine with oil and ochre while they will be dull and green with swamp water. Our flints will be sharp while their bone knives break. Are we not the strongest and the fastest and the most skilled?" His boasting has given him a thirst and he looks around for a cup of fermented juice to quench it.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ragnar

His hands still in the air as he turns around to bump into Green. Green grabs Ragnar by his tunic Is this another of your pranks you stupid monkey? Ragnar presses onto Green's face so hard that one can almost hear the grinding of their skulls At least I'm not some scared rodent like you . The two continues to growl and grind their foreheads against each other till Matilda attempts to calm down the two. Ragnar immediately pulls back while Green lets him go. He walks away from Green and Matilda and makes his way back home to prepare for the trip.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Varzen

Varzen heads over to one of the tribe's fires, grabbing a quick bite to eat before the long journey ahead. After he has his fill, he stops by Arka of Spears. "Good luck with the hunt, as always. I'm afraid I won't be able to help out while I'm on this quest with Oncoming Storm. I'm sure a hunter of your skill won't have any trouble picking up the slack though."

After they say their goodbyes for now, Varzen gathers his traveling gear and summons his Eiodolon, Saber. He then finds Oncoming Storm and says "I'm ready to go when you are."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ragnar

He gathers all of his gear in a goat skin bag as he walks over to Varzen and Oncoming storm

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Oncoming Storm

"Thank you for your eagerness. But first, there's something I must attend to."

He leaves, ostensibly to gather his things and prepare Lightning, but first he pauses among the Drecknal, looking for Cloud Singer. He couldn't leave without saying good bye.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

((Breaking NPC action up into small paragraphs based on the fact that all of you more or less left the NPC you'd interacted with. I'm posting any NPC reactions that might be improtant for you.))

Silken Tree watches Dragon's Fire, her gaze meeting his witha blush of red on her cheeks before she looks away, giggling with her friend Eyes of Dove.

Green scowls after Ragnar, then glances at Matilda, who glares at him for trying to start something. Cowed by her withering gaze he huffs and walks off to join some of the other Drecknal.

Arka of Spears chuckles at Varzen's words and claps him on the shoulder, "No worries, by the time you get back I'll have surpassed you for largest kill this season." He smiles and then biws Varzen farewell, going to finish his meal.

Oncoming Storm finds Cloud Singer playing with several kids, telling them a story about why the moon changes shape. She glances up as he approaches and smiles, "We'll have to finish the story another time little ones. I need to speak to the Chieftain's son about his trip." They roll their eyes and scatter to play while she sighs. "You and the others are going to be gone for a while, aren't you?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm frowns.

"So it would seem. We will probably not see each other for many moons. I will not return until I am certain the task set for us is done."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

She nods, taking off her necklace and placing it in his hands. It is a carved piece of turtle shell in the shape of a great cat. "Keep them, and yourself, safe. And keep this to remember me by. I know you'll do our Tribe proud." She smiles, blinking away tears as she touches his cheek, then turns to go back to her mother.

If everyone is ready and packed your group can leave now, or wait until morning, though you've all alreayd said your goodbyes so it may be best not not wait.
    Last edited by Croverus; 2012-07-29 at 05:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Dragon's Fire

Grimacing as he sees those around him so connected to other, Dragon's Fire had always been most comfortable alone in the wilderness.

"We have little reason to delay."

28. - Top - End - #28

Eyes of Milk

"I agree. I've done all I know to do in preparation." As he says this, though, he realizes he's not spoken to anyone form his own family. He needn't stir those fires, though.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm puts the necklace on as he frowns and watches her leave.

At the suggestion of leaving early, he shakes his head.

"There is no sense in leaving while tired. We should be well-rested before departing."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

While the others are saying their goodbyes, Heart Of Beast walks back and crouches to share a few words with Walks On Air. "I'll be off on the mission, Air. Mind looking after the tribe for me?" he says with a quick grin. Walks On Air smiles back with a nod, and Beast discreetly reaches out and squeezes her hand before withdrawing. "We'll all be back soon; and half my food plate at the return feast says that i've learnt more new tricks than you have by then."

He then moves to Oncoming Storm and his face becomes serious. "Are you certain, tribesman? Each our we delay is an hour of scouting lost; and the day a single hunt exhausts me is the day I throw myself upon the cooking fire. I am sure the others feel similarly."
    Last edited by Arkwright; 2012-07-30 at 06:25 AM.