Still, you can't throw an Ewok in the EU without hitting a force sensitive.
Given that it's an energy field that connects all living things--except for those that are cut off from it, like Meetra Surik and the Yuuzhan Vong--so the bigger question is why there are people who aren't.
I'm currently playing through the Uncharted trilogy. Finished 1, 2, and midway through 3. Watching 1313's extended gameplay video, this is definitely Uncharted copy-pasted onto SW. That's not a bad thing.
Uncharted gameplay in a nutshell:
(1) Platforming/scaling/climbing ala Tomb Raider.
(2) Environmental puzzles ala TR.
(3) 3rd person cover shooter with melee component.
What made Uncharted series stand out as Games of the Years:
(1) Likeable and relateable protagonist. Hollywood-level acting. Good characterizations in general.
(2) Hollywood-level cinematic action set pieces.
(3) Action adventure genre done right. Think Indiana Jones + Die Hard.
It's not the (polished) gameplay components or the (great) graphics that made Uncharted great, those just started Uncharted off on the right foot. The 1313 video seems to show that the game got the gameplay and graphics parts down. But if it features Prequel-level acting and storytelling, you might as well play Uncharted.