This is my D&D table (it is 8x8 and folds down and can be put away in that cubby off to the right of the table.
I took a few of my old Magic the gathering card that happen to be quite crappy in game, but feature art work that works really nice for d&d. I cut them out and hot glued them to pennies and spray painted the backs of them. Here they are :)
ou'll see a wolf, tiger/leopard, our elven hound (gold monopoly dog), riding dog (silver one), unused dinosaur, swindle spitter (green spitter looking thing), a boar, then you start seeing swords that are used for things like animate weapon ,spectral weapon , spectral hand #1 (used from the hand of a predator figure), persistence blades, then on to the fleshraker, bear cub, Bigsby's crushing/tripping/pounding whatever fist lol, then 2nd spectral hand (used from an old LSU Shaq Figure).
Back row, is my future minature for Kyuss for age of worms and the alien figure is for any random large/huge outsiders I might need to use.
Now this is my zombie mob. I made it from taking a pringles lid, and a sour cream lid, with a bunch of these zombies:
I hotglued it all together, and took the remainder of the extra glue stick I had in the gun and strung it in strands and blobs all around the sombies and then very lightly took some red, black, green, white, gold, and a double light shot of brown spray paint over them so it looks like they are covered in sludge/mud/slime whatever the imagination thinks.
The base is just about half a cm larger than the 4x4 square a gargantuan figure takes up but its pretty good for what it is. I dunno when I will spring it on my group yet :).
We got a new player, and she wanted to be a wizard so I had to get some area effects out ;)
From Three Faces of Evil, age of worms module :)
Battle of Hextorites
Thank Moradin for hot glue guns and cardboard.
We got my son the Wrath of Ashardalon board game and those minis are just awful. So I painted some.
So I've started my alteration of a Stone Giant into a Goliath for an upcoming session with a new DM. I am going to be a Cleric/Church Inquisitor/Radiant Servant of Taiia (we adapted Taiia instead of Pelor).
Basically I wasn't happy with just having a goliath with a greatsword on the field, when I cast Divine Power and Righteous Might, you bet your ass, everyone at the table will know that meaning of these spells :).
I removed the club and replaced it with a sword from what I think was an old Thundercat Action figure.
Anyway here it is, I still need to paint though.
In another session my buddy will be running, I helped a player new to the 3.5 system (last time he played was 1st edition), and he wanted to be a ghost elf wizard so I painted one of the figures from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game. :)
Sadly I don't think I waited long enough for the paint to completely dry because you can see where the spray glaze/sealer caused some of the pain to to run. He is pleased with it, that's all that matters.
EDIT: Got a bear done.
Ok 10 miniatures from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game down, 30 to go!
Rage Drake, Otyugh, 3x Legion Devils, a Dragonborn Wizard (son painted most of that one), the Ghost Elf (really a human cultists) but wtf he's blue! hes a ghost elf!, three bears, black, polar, and brown.
Also, anyone remember those pizza disk that came with the TMNT shooter thing? They make great large size bases. My son's barbarian will now be able to represent himself properly in terms of area of effect when he becomes enlarged.
The reverse side is painted black.
Grells are finished!
Orc archers are finished! So is the Gauth (I don't think I got a finished photo of it up yet), I turned the other two cave bears into a black bear and a polar bear.
Also, just so you get what I'm saying, this is what they all look like normally.
I also cannibalized some halloween things from my sons school goodies.
I am still going to paint the spider, but what ever spider you want it to be, it is a Gargantuan one.
Halloween toy + coaster swag from work. Paint it black, cut about an inch and half of a #2 pencil for it to stand on, and there ya go.
Three Faces of Evil Module is almost done, I just need to paint a few things. Here is my prep. (You'll see my table made in it)
These are my initiative trackers.
Got a female dwarf fighter done, a human cleric, and orc of some type and my two other human cultists.