New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVII: You Must Construct Additional Pinkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if it was confirmed, but I heard that multiple times at the start of S3. Maybe because they're sort of obvious?

A side note, no Saddle Arabia on the map of Equestria. Foreign kingdom?

Also, one would hope that mention the duel will be held before Celestia and foreign dignitaries as judges will prevent anyone mentioning cheating from either side, but I bet it will be both plot point and still be fanon excuse, as much as I'd like it not to be...

That, or Celestia will once again fail to demonstrate her supposed Divine Competence by not detecting it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I saw it around a bunch too, but this is the first official thing I've seen confirming it.

And I don't know if either side really needs to resort to cheating. Trixie already has her amulet thing, and Twilight has skill Nevermind, I said I wouldn't speculate on the specifics of the plot. Just wait and see how it turns out.

What do people think the significance of the visiting dignitaries will be? It's not like their presence will increase pressure on TS much (she already has her mentor watching), and it doesn't seem to me they would be added for no particular reason at all (law of conservation of detail and all that).
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HamHam View Post
    Just started listening to Doctor Whooves and Assistant.

Man, is the amount if this stuff for MLP... unusual? Like, fanfics and fanart I get but who the heck decides to make an audio drama about cameo Doctor pony!
    your new here, aren't you?
    you should see fallout equestria.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Wooo, my local comic shop had the comic in today!

Have a comic review below, rife with spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, some overall thoughts. They captured the essence of all the mane 6, and the return of Chrysalis story seems suitably interesting. It feels like an episode, right up to and including the breathless pacing. They added quite a bit of snark, especially at the CMC and Pinkie Pie, which was quite hilarious.

I would say the characters are somewhat caricatured in a way. Rainbow Dash is looking to beat somepony up or in the proces so beating somepony up in more than half the panels. Applejack looks constantly angry (due to Applebloom being kidnapped) and Pinkie is even more hyper than she is in the TV show, if such a thing is possible. However, I mostly found this amusing as it's using limited space to try and get across the character in this new medium. I do think Rainbow Dash gets a somewhat negative portrayal, I'd rather she were more sarcastic and verbally blunt instead of coming across as so physically aggressive.

Some specific jokes were amazing, and I think the panels and puns were great. Rarity does say "someone" at one point instead of "somepony" but these things happen. The final joke strikes me as one that Bleakbane will agree with heartily because it's all about how good ninjas should work.

Some personal highlights for me
    • Applebloom rocking the scarf in the beginning. I want to see that animated
    • Twilight using "form letter" as a verb and Luna's cutie mark as a CC on the form letter
    • Scootaloo, you picked THAT moment to become genre savvy? /facepalm
    • Leg warmers and stirrup pants were in fashion last season?!

• Spike's books in the library: "To Serve Ponies" "Incident at Santa Mira" and "Herding Cats." Hilarious!
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-11-28 at 04:48 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #634
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: My Little Pony LVII: You Must Construct Additional Pinkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    My new headcanon Spike:

Spoiler
    Show

Congratulations, Spike! You're the new Celestia.
    Mental idea of how it led to that.

:Twilight dear, you have been my most faithfull student for many years. As you know, you have been taught potent spells and have created a few yourself. However.....

Yes, princess?

Even Alicorns weaken, and Luna is a sociopath who nopony likes. I do belive you have a good idea on who would take up my crown. Such a individual must be wise in the ways of the people, and must be a master of magic.

Princess, I...is this the reason you have trained me over the course of my life? To-to follow....

But....

Realy?

Princess...

Of course!

Wonderful, My Little Pony! Now, bring in young Spike. Much work must be done in order to fuse the elements into a single gem for him to consume. As the new grand royal viser, Twilight Sparkle, I expect you to preform the tasks that are expected of you that your new King issues without question. Your entire life has been leading up to this moment, Twilight, for since your birth I have been grooming you to groom the next ruler of Equestria.

Every success you have ever made in your life was orchistrated by myself to make sure you were the right one to raise a baby dragon. Even Candece and your brother knew, for the Crystal Empire is the new king's larder. Don't worry, Twilight, you parents got compensation for the harm they willingly put you through under my orders. How else did you think Shining Armor got into the Royal Guard?

Of course, you knew all this already, correct? You where always good at seeing the facts past the veil I created around you.

Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-28 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

oh sweat merciful pink one, the yellow text, it burns my eyes!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    A plan with no drawbacks.

I am beginning to think, what with the way pretty everyone I know even more casually, like here, appears to be having a grim time at the moment, that the Mayans were, in fact, right, but that like, as Wolfram and Hart suggested, the end of the world is not a big catasptrophic thing, but a quiet decent into entropy and gloom....
    I wish you hadn't said that...

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    It is made clear in the episode that Fluttershy could have left at anytime without the jerk pegasuses having a chance to follow her once Rainbow Dash got involve yet choose to put her honour in Rainbow Dash's hooves even going as far as being the flag starter for that race.
    ...how could she have left?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mental idea of how it led to that.

:Twilight dear, you have been my most faithfull student for many years. As you know, you have been taught potent spells and have created a few yourself. However.....

Yes, princess?

Even Alicorns weaken, and Luna is a sociopath who nopony likes. I do belive you have a good idea on who would take up my crown. Such a individual must be wise in the ways of the people, and must be a master of magic.

Princess, I...is this the reason you have trained me over the course of my life? To-to follow....

But....

Realy?

Princess...

Of course!

Wonderful, My Little Pony! Now, bring in young Spike. Much work must be done in order to fuse the elements into a single gem for him to consume. As the new grand royal viser, Twilight Sparkle, I expect you to preform the tasks that are expected of you that your new King issues without question. Your entire life has been leading up to this moment, Twilight, for since your birth I have been grooming you to groom the next ruler of Equestria.

Every success you have ever made in your life was orchistrated by myself to make sure you were the right one to raise a baby dragon. Even Candece and your brother knew, for the Crystal Empire is the new king's larder. Discord is his father and you are his mother, brought on by magic and exposing you to the chaotic radiation his statue emits. Don't worry, Twilight, you parents got compensation for the harm they willingly put you through under my orders. How else did you think Shining Armor got into the Royal Guard?

Of course, you knew all this already, correct? You where always good at seeing the facts past the veil I created around you.

Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

I am beginning to think, what with the way pretty everyone I know even more casually, like here, appears to be having a grim time at the moment, that the Mayans were, in fact, right, but that like, as Wolfram and Hart suggested, the end of the world is not a big catasptrophic thing, but a quiet decent into entropy and gloom....
    *hugs lich*

*con-drain'd*

*collapses, twitching*

8. - Top - End - #638
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    It is made clear in the episode that Fluttershy could have left at anytime without the jerk pegasuses having a chance to follow her once Rainbow Dash got involve yet choose to put her honour in Rainbow Dash's hooves even going as far as being the flag starter for that race.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but Fluttershy is not very big on taking the initiative - particularly when somepony else is talking or acting. Yes, it is theoretically possible that she could have walked away (though probably not flown, not immediately after being taunted about her poor flying skills), but I doubt the possibility ever occurred to her.

As for the flag, remember that Rainbow had never flown a race before. I'd imagine somepony asked her who was going to be the starter, and Fluttershy was the first pony who came to mind who wasn't a competitor in the race, so she asked her. And you know how good Fluttershy is at declining requests.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

Just started listening to Doctor Whooves and Assistant.

Man, is the amount if this stuff for MLP... unusual? Like, fanfics and fanart I get but who the heck decides to make an audio drama about cameo Doctor pony!
    This is the fandom who also written volumes of fanfic for DJ pony who appeared all but 3 seconds in season 1, and decided to pair her with a cellist pony who appeared in like two scenes in the same season. And then decided to go full out animate their misadventures at some point.

Shall I continue?

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

New theory regarding Trixie episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trixie's new trinket is an ancient Saddle Arabia relic, possibly a lost royal heirloom that the visiting dignitaries were asking Celestia for help recovering because it's dangerous or valuable or both ... you know the deal. It was stolen from the palace, probably by Trixie, and the Saddle Arabia royals beseech Celestia for help capturing the thief, meanwhile they enjoy a bit of local entertainment only for the two things to get tangled up because of Plot™.

Trixie loses control and takes over Ponyville in a fit of NMM-style possession, turning it into the dark and deserted Trixieville we saw (because, come one, the Boast Busters Trixie we know wasn't the kind of outright evil pony who would turn Ponyville into that sort of gloomy place)

Celestia and the foreign ponies then help Twilight with some legends that direct her towards another relic (somehow getting Zecora involved) that can protect her so she can free Trixie and Ponyville from this dark influence.

Then either

1. Trixie is once again too proud to admit she was in way over her head (this time playing with forces she didn't understand) and runs off, vowing to get her revenge one day

or

2. Trixie admits she was wrong and becomes Twilight's friend then there was Twixie!

Sounds kinda like a two-parter, though.

11. - Top - End - #641

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    New theory regarding Trixie episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trixie's new trinket is an ancient Saddle Arabia relic, possibly a lost royal heirloom that the visiting dignitaries were asking Celestia for help recovering because it's dangerous or valuable or both ... you know the deal. It was stolen from the palace, probably by Trixie, and the Saddle Arabia royals beseech Celestia for help capturing the thief, meanwhile they enjoy a bit of local entertainment only for the two things to get tangled up because of Plot™.

Trixie loses control and takes over Ponyville in a fit of NMM-style possession, turning it into the dark and deserted Trixieville we saw (because, come one, the Boast Busters Trixie we know wasn't the kind of outright evil pony who would turn Ponyville into that sort of gloomy place)

Celestia and the foreign ponies then help Twilight with some legends that direct her towards another relic (somehow getting Zecora involved) that can protect her so she can free Trixie and Ponyville from this dark influence.

Then either

1. Trixie is once again too proud to admit she was in way over her head (this time playing with forces she didn't understand) and runs off, vowing to get her revenge one day

or

2. Trixie admits she was wrong and becomes Twilight's friend then there was Twixie!

Sounds kinda like a two-parter, though.
    I like option two.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ettin in the Playground

Stealth MLP reference:

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I wish you hadn't said that...
    I wish the universe itself and many, if not most, or possibly the majority, of the entities within it were not apparently making a deliberate effort to be as sucky as possible...

But you know what they say about us getting what we want...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    I dunno, I could sort of see that.

It would be crappin' hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    *hugs lich*

*con-drain'd*

*collapses, twitching*
    See, even that isn't quite as funny as it used to be...

Still, only bright spot: Bleakling evolved.

And learned Tail Slap.

Not necessarily in that order.

So, while this fact may not improve the universe, it will allow me to violently misdirect my.. our aggression onto worthy any targets...

Cinccino!

With backup from Darkspark and Blitzkrieg of course.

Emolllllga!

Oh, sorry, did I not mention Blitzkrieg?

Because if you thought Darkspark and Bleakling were trouble in stereo... She makes it the full 3D experience... (I.e. destruction, devastation and disaster...)

*whimper*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-28 at 08:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Stealth MLP reference:

Spoiler
    Show
    If by "stealth," you mean "talking about the game directly but not mentioning the name" then yes, an excellent stealth reference.

And Pokonic, thank you for getting rid of that yellow text.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

I wish the universe itself and many, if not most, or possibly the majority, of the entities within it were not apparently making a deliberate effort to be as sucky as possible...

But you know what they say about us getting what we want...
    It will happen, lest my divine wrath fall upon this dark planet?

Because if you thought Darkspark and Bleakling were trouble in stereo... She makes it the full 3D experience... (I.e. destruction, devastation and disaster...)

*whimper*
    Poor, poor Hopereaver.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Stealth MLP reference:

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder how MLP would turned out if Sombra was replaced by Handsome Jack.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

I just saw a My Little Pony bubble bath kit at my local store. The flavors were all in different pony-shaped containers that even had a keychain on them so you had a little piece of merchandise when you used them all up. It had Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack. So, apparently Rainbow Dash is a dirty pony that doesn't like baths.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I just saw a My Little Pony bubble bath kit at my local store. The flavors were all in different pony-shaped containers that even had a keychain on them so you had a little piece of merchandise when you used them all up. It had Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack. So, apparently Rainbow Dash is a dirty pony that doesn't like baths.
    Nah, it's just that coming up with a bubble bath formula that was 20% cooler was too hard.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

YOU find a way to make rainbow colored soap
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #650
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    YOU find a way to make rainbow colored soap
    Something like this, I'd assume.

She's also available in cocktail form

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Also, remember when she left contrails of rainbow fire? Science can do that too
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-11-28 at 09:39 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

21. - Top - End - #651
    Orc in the Playground

Greeting, my fellow Ponythreaders!

It is the sixth day of Hearth's Warming, which just so happens to be my favorite number.

This is appropriate, as this song is dedicated to one of our favorite avatarists, Dirtytabs! The song is based off the Spiderman cartoon theme from the 60's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    What she draws is never drab
    To skip over her would be a crime
    Look there!
    A post by Dirtytabs

Does she ship?
    Listen bud,
    She ships faster than the scout can scud
    Does she like TF2?
    Take a look at what she drew
    Go read
    Comics by Dirtytabs

In the Ponythread
    Or at Deviantart
    Going A to Zed
    Her pics win from the start

Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends
    She's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them

To her, life's for creative pursuit
    If you think artings a hoot
    You'll like that Dirtytabs
    Every time someone presses the quote button on one of my posts I steal a very small part of their soul.

I have a Tumblr now. So that's cool.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Hold on, hold on, there is not one but two completely different Doctor Whooves radio drama series... and they have a cross over... what...

That's it. I've stared too long into the abyss and now my mind is lost.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

After seeing this cartoon, I think I am not the only one who liked My Little pony in this way! Is there any brony like this guy in this forum?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

After seeing this cartoon, I think I am not the only one who liked My Little pony in this way! Is there any brony like this guy in this forum?
    That's how they get you; it starts innocently enough, and then you wind up a brony.

Also, I believe someone was looking for a Sweetie Belle wallpaper?

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Also, Good, but not good enough to replace my Steampunk Whooves.

And finally, you know that this will be looped continually if I can find a download link.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-28 at 10:24 PM.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #655
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, one would hope that mention the duel will be held before Celestia and foreign dignitaries as judges will prevent anyone mentioning cheating from either side, but I bet it will be both plot point and still be fanon excuse, as much as I'd like it not to be...

That, or Celestia will once again fail to demonstrate her supposed Divine Competence by not detecting it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why would Celestia be one of the judges when she has a major and obvious conflict of interest?
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2012-11-28 at 10:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hold on, hold on, there is not one but two completely different Doctor Whooves radio drama series... and they have a cross over... what...

That's it. I've stared too long into the abyss and now my mind is lost.
    I liked that bit of two radio dramas. Gives you a clear picture of how the Doctor can be very different and yet still the same, along with a different dynamic between the Doctor and his companion. (Twilight's the most competent companion I've seen, actually able to follow the Doctor on some of his trains of thought, though I've just started season 5 of the NewWho so I can't know that for sure.)

Personally I prefer Doctor Whooves adventures over Doctor Whooves and
    Assistant. It feels more "Who" while some of DWaA seems like it was built around explaining what The Doctor and Derpy were doing during the MLP series then telling a story. (which is why I consider their Cyber-ponies episode the best, since it's set in another time) Adventures seems the right balance of light-hearted and serious for me.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Uh, about 92.78% of the bronies became what they were that way.

(Also, 90% of statistics were completely made up on the spot.)
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-11-28 at 11:35 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #658
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maybe Rainbow Dash was so awesome and popular with the manufacturers that they stole the bottles out of the kits before they were shipped, hoping no one would notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Greeting, my fellow Ponythreaders!

It is the sixth day of Hearth's Warming, which just so happens to be my favorite number.

This is appropriate, as this song is dedicated to one of our favorite avatarists, Dirtytabs! The song is based off the Spiderman cartoon theme from the 60's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    What she draws is never drab
    To skip over her would be a crime
    Look there!
    A post by Dirtytabs

Does she ship?
    Listen bud,
    She ships faster than the scout can scud
    Does she like TF2?
    Take a look at what she drew
    Go read
    Comics by Dirtytabs

In the Ponythread
    Or at Deviantart
    Going A to Zed
    Her pics win from the start

Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    To her friends
    She's a gem

To her, life's for creative pursuit
    If you think artings a hoot
    You'll like that Dirtytabs
    Ooh, I have a theme song now! (As soon as I read "Spiderman cartoon" I was humming the tune, heh. ) This is awesome and you are awesome. Thanks!

And time to get some avatars done.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Banned

Celestia says "Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony." That could be a metaphor, but I don't think so. The story she tells is a creation myth, with her and Luna Zeus to Discord's Cronus.
    I'm not sold on it being a creation myth. I'm not sold on it even being a myth; she was there. It's not "In the dark far flung reaches of the universe", it's "last Thursday, or was it Wednesday? Whichever day has discount pancakes at IHOP, that day...".

To butcher a lesson from Bakemonogatari, if you make the mistake of treating a spirit like a pony, you will only cause yourself grief.
    There is that.

However, didn't know any better/not on the scale of human morality isn't a defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    No way, he was their dad?
    Now that's an interesting fic. Throw in Discelestia for that sweet sweet oedipus thing. Convolute it do discord is father an mother and needs to be killed so he cant stand in the way of himself being with Celestia.

If the volcano takes pleasure in hurting others, then it's an evil volcano. "Sentience" means "having emotions", "sapience" is "having a consciousness". If it's sentient and enjoys hurting others, then sapience has nothing to do with it; they're evil.
    (\

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    New episode
    Why, hello there, Tuesday! How are you?

Welcome to your pony after-school special (they still have those right? or am I showing my age?)
    I don't think they still have them but then again, I remember them. So you're not that old.

not a spetacular episode and very predictable, but given the whole attention given to the issue of bullying now-a-days the message and lessson is good for the actual target audience.
    I suppose from this angle, being told to snitch is an acceptable moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Episode thoughts:

This was.... surprisingly good. The bullying stuff was the usual cliche, but the interactions between the CMC were what made it shine. I don't really *consider the song that great, but it is starting to grow on me. Also, I thought Applebloom was the engineer of the group, not Scoots?
    Applebloom is a carpenter. Scoots is a mechanic.

The storm, the volcano, and being eaten by a tiger are accidents or tragedies.

Unless they are actively killing people, by "program" or whatever, if they aren't alive; then it's NOT an accident, and in which case, sentience/sapience is irrevelevant - they ARE evil, in effect if not intent.*

Discord is not accidently torturing people who unluckily wandered into his territory/area of effect at a inopportune moment; he's going out with a plan to cause mayhem. So if you really what to say he's a spirit and his inherent nature is to inflict suffering on anypony in reach - that just makes his inherent nature Evil.
    While correct, this makes people who don't like objective morality get all up in a tiff. "Logic be damned! Real evil can't exist because I choose to believe there are always extenuating circumstances!" and all that.

While we're on the subject, "being a spirit" is not a blanket excuse for doing what you like, any more than "being a god" or "being an unfathomable entity from beyond the stars." And furthermore, the attitude of "you can't do change it/do anything about it, so don't bother" I find fundementally unacceptable. I do not believe there is any entity of any stripe, not any diety, nor spirit, nor metaphysical conception that cannot be destroyed somehow and thus that cannot or should not be held accountable for it's actions. It may beyond the power of lesser mortals, or even greater immortals, but that does not make it truly impossible.
    Subtle correction: being a spirit or whatnot does indeed give you blanket excuse to act however. It doesn't protect you from the consequences, and by the same logic if you have the right to be evil at me, I have the right to exterminate you for it.

Really, this argument just gives it opponents fuel. If they are wrong, it's okay to punish the wrongdoer, and if they are right, it's still okay to punish the wrongdoer.

Also, my next Mage character is going to be Bleakbane.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Exactly!

we must protect the secret Ponythread speed posting technique
    In my defense, someone in another thread totally put me out of commission! They knew my weakness!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Not spoilers. But amazing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And then I considered playing 3.5 again.

Wasn't very struck with Bab's voice (whoever did her); she just sounded... off to me, for some reason (and for me to comment on that is quite unusual.)
    I think it was the inconsistency of her accent.

The absolute highlight of the episode was the A Team montage, which had me in stitches.
    Oh goodness, yes! Poor Braz didn't know why I was laughing, being a touch too young for them.

Rarity has emergancy edible boots?!
    The best part is that the human analogue to edible clothing has certain implications that make one wonder exactly how sound the manager-client relationship with Fancy Pants really is...

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Didn't like this one. Trivialised bullying, didn't like the storyline, and the final message is a load of sweaty balls, to be blunt. And it really irritates me that kids who are getting bullied get this message hammered into them, only to find out that it doesn't work. Which leads to further depression
    Aye. Personally, I think there comes a time and a place to fight for your stuff. That place and time is when your property – as in real estate – is stolen and you're forced to sleep on the ground.

I dunno, I think it just shows that they're all pretty capable in the end, when they have a plan and a goal. The fact they pulled it off shows they've improved as a team since that first episode. And the fact they are pretty much becoming the CMC-Team.
    aye! Having a team like theirs work like an actual team is so rare... Teamwork is often decried as a waste of effort. Seeing a coordinate team succeed? That worth the watch.

Beginning to wonder if maybe the reason they haven't found their marks yet is they have an unusual surfiet of potential...!

!!

Oh please Lichemaster, let there be a surge of A-Team/CMC parody related stories! I will literally kill someone for a CMC A-Team intro parody...

This could totally redeem the episode completely!

*eyeglow twitch*

*eyeglow twitch*

Ooooooh no, I see a parody coming on! Boss, now easy, you don't want to...

Parody Incoming!

Ohcrap. *facepalm*

[spoiler]In 1003, a cutie-mark crusader unit was grounded by their guardians for a crime they didn't commit. These fillies promptly escaped from a maximum-security bedroom to the Ponyville underground. Today, still wanted by their guardians, they survive as fillies of fortune. If you have a problem... if no-one else can help... if you can find them...and you don't mind being covered in tree-sap... maybe you can hire...

*fade to red*

*dozens of blueberry pies splatter into the words*

...the CMC Team!

*cue ridiculous intro sequence with lots of things exploding (like breakfast), getting covered in tree sap, and culminating with a spectacular cart-crash in which the cart flips upside down while on fire, with loads of dust and smoke and explodes twice in big orange fireballs... and then the driver (Crankey) crawls out rubbing his foreleg like he's slightly brusied and shakes his hoof in the direction of the CMC-Wagon (i.e. Scootaloo's wagon painted black with a red stripe down the side...)

Frag, I love the A-Team.
    This is going on the pile.

Okay, so. Episode.

Personally? I'd have clocked Babs. I'm with the omnicidal undead monstrosity with dreams of multiversal domination; there's really no excuse for being that much of a hump backed, slack-jawed sperm whale.

Then again, I do think they took the wiser approach. Stooping to Babs' level when there is a recognized, legitimate authority right there is indeed, bad. But recognizing their mistake, and Saving her from their plan? I wouldn't have done that. And I knew as soon as I said "no, let her burn!" that it was the wrong choice and I had made it anyway, unhesitatingly and unrepentantly. So it shows a bit of character that the CMC are actual role models and not just the jerk kids the camera happens to glamorize.

Also, seriously applejack, what the ****ing hell?! "Hm, mah niece is traumatized by all the teasin' an' bullyin' she's gettin' for not havin' a cutie mark. Let's cheer her up by invitin' her to stay with Applebloom! Why, durin' all that obssessin' over cutie marks an' how important they are an' how cool an' life defining it would be to have one, I bet Babs would forget all about her cutie mark troubles! I bet she'll be pleased as punch!"

I think you let your hat get wet and then stood in the sun, and then the leather shrank and started pinching your brain because that is such a fundamentally bad case of missing the point I don't even.

Also, Scootaloo's goober face while jumping in front of applejack? The one where she doesn't look like anyone is home but they left the stove on? I need that in .gif form.
    Oh, and

I feel compelled to poin out that the Mayans had stuff scheduled for after the big change, they just had it listed as the big change.

Partly because if the world decides to end via giving me seven work days a week and that somehow leads to the end, I will hold it together via force I will and show it what a real apocalypse looks like – an angry broad in a green hat with a blow torch.

30. - Top - End - #660

Also, small note: I have now begun watching The A-Team on Netflix. Second time a reference has gotten me into another show, the first being Doctor Who.

Dun! Dudun dun! Duduh duuun! Dun! Dudun dun! Dun dudududuuun!