New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: History of The Usurpers IC

Yanyeeku said to Helios, "If you miss that world so much, just go back."

Yanyeeku levitated from the surface of Citrinia, and lobbed Xethos through another temporary portal. Xethos was back on the firstworld, again.

Yanyeeku sighed and shot himself.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Observing from his realm, Gallant saw many of the Dramas unfold in the mortal planet. The obvious cause of these disturbances were beings of similar power to his own. How glorious, that others like me exist in this universe, looks like i may get to have some fun after all.

For the first time since his travel to a new world Gallant let hope out of her 'accommodation' so that she could travel as his emmisary to the largest source of power in the planet, which from the limited information he had was a throne in the ice He himself had other plans, involving the largest source of evil energy he could detect. After sending Hope to strike a bargain with her new, soon to be friends he teleported himself to a new area, outside an enormous gracefully sculpted palace, had some half-decent art work actually, even if it was a bit over the top. Time to make my presence known to others like me and see how they react.
    Last edited by KaiserSozay; 2013-01-14 at 10:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSozay View Post
    Observing from his realm, Gallant saw many of the Dramas unfold in the mortal planet. The obvious cause of these disturbances were beings of similar power to his own. How glorious, that others like me exist in this universe, looks like I may get to have some fun after all.

For the first time since his travel to a new world Gallant let hope out of her 'accommodation' so that she could travel as his emmisary to the largest source of power in the planet, He himself had other plans, involving the largest source of evil energy he could detect. After sending Hope to strike a bargain with her new, soon to be friends he teleported himself to a new area, outside an enormous gracefully sculpted palace, had some half-decent art work actually, even if it was a bit over the top. Time to make my presence known to others like me and see how they react.

Not wishing to leave his new bride just yet, Hubris fissions off yet another lesser copy of himself to see what this god wanted
    "Greetings, what is your purpose for entering my realm?" with only the slightest amount of derision in his voice, "Why have you interrupted the most glorious of occasions"
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-01-14 at 10:08 AM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Not wishing to leave his new bride just yet, Hubris fissions off yet another lesser copy of himself to see what this god wanted
    "Greetings, what is your purpose for entering my realm?" with only the slightest amount of derision in his voice, "Why have you interrupted the most glorious of occasions"

' So formal, I was simply in the area and thought I might have the pleasure of a tour of you magnificent property while we talk business, or pleasure, maybe both.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "So formal, I was simply in the area and thought I might have the pleasure of a tour of you magnificent property while we talk business, or pleasure, maybe both."

"You may enter, but know I have no need of any pleasure you could provide" and with that, and a snort of more obvious derision he proceeds to show the new god around some of the more magnificent rooms of the palace, "Business on the other hand I can do, what did you have in mind?"
    Show

Former Characters

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Very well, strictly business then. You are the first person I have met with a somewhat similar outlook on life. Of course someone of your obvious wealth and power would't want to get his hands dirty over every minor matter. I suggest an alliance, temporary, at least to begin with. I'll provide information, muscle and do some of your dirty work in return for assistance form you and your people occasionally, maybe some information of your own. Oh and by the way I am Gallant
    Of course Gallant expected that he would get the better of any deal struck, this pompous lord was going to be easy to manipulate, to vain and prideful by a half.
    Last edited by KaiserSozay; 2013-01-14 at 10:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

Throughout the shifting days and nights and the chaos of the past few hours, Aeron chose not to act. It was not yet the time for conflict and she found herself characteristically apathetic. But soon, stability was restored by the actions of her sister Syimi and the mad goddess Hel and the arrogant lordling. The healing of the land would be the best course for the advancement of Winter, but how that new Sun glowing with such powerful narcissism was an affront to her.
    Hel and Hubris... Their demeanour was unsatisfactory, they were equals but demanded more, so Aeron treated them as lesser. After all, wisdom was the attribute of royalty.
    Still, many had aligned themselves with her Serene Court and she had the services of Sir Kythra. Peace would hopefully reign supreme, if she could keep flying sea life out of her Citadel. The hawks at least had the sense to stay away...
    She responded when Syimi spoke.
    "You are correct my sister."
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    "Absolve yourself of that pact Sir Knight. It cannot be fulfilled any more and I do not wish your health to suffer as you try and kill that which is already dead."
    A snowflake fell onto the floor before Aeron and she felt a presence.
    "We have a visitor who has not made herself known. Maleficent, go and greet her."
    From their perch behind the throne, one of the icy blue ravens of Ashandra-Tor took flight. She landed before the visitor and looked at her with one silver eye as if considering which vein was the most vulnerable.
    Aeron of Winter greets you. Her majesty requests that you approach and make yourself known.

Ziam

Aeron watched as the skies above them shifted dramatically.
    "Well... You were in dire need of my aid. But your circumstances have improved substantially. Thanks to heathen deities such as myself."
    She stopped her horse and looked directly at the Caliph.
    "Now that I see nothing that you need from me any more, I shall give you a warning oh Caliph. You have insulted me and my brethren numerous times in the brief time we have been acquainted."
    With a single fluid jump, she dismounted her horse, drew her sword and placed it at the throat of the Caliph. If he so desired, he could have counted the bloodstains and scientifically analysed them.
    "I am Winter. I am cruel. I am harsh. And I show no mercy. But I stay my hand for you are sorely lacking in education."
    She smiled and withdrew her sword from the Caliph so he could breathe easier. But she didn't allow him to breathe easy for long as she brought up one hand and struck Ismail backhanded across the face leaving him sprawled in the dust of the street.
    "But even so, a people such as yours should have better grasp of hospitality and know not to insult a guest who comes offering a gift. Especially when you imply that person doesn't exist."
    Aeron grasped the reins of her horse and began to leave walking her mount.
    "Watch your step Ismail. I have had men killed for lesser insults and there are those much less kind than I.
    "Enjoy the feast, it could be your last."

An interesting town, she may have to return some day before some vengeful god destroys it because of the citizens arrogance...
    Last edited by Elemental; 2013-01-14 at 10:40 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

Throughout the shifting days and nights and the chaos of the past few hours, Aeron chose not to act. It was not yet the time for conflict and she found herself characteristically apathetic. But soon, stability was restored by the actions of her sister Syimi and the mad goddess Hel and the arrogant lordling. The healing of the land would be the best course for the advancement of Winter, but how that new Sun glowing with such powerful narcissism was an affront to her.
    Hel and Hubris... Their demeanour was unsatisfactory, they were equals but demanded more, so Aeron treated them as lesser. After all, wisdom was the attribute of royalty.
    Still, many had aligned themselves with her Serene Court and she had the services of Sir Kythra. Peace would hopefully reign supreme, if she could keep flying sea life out of her Citadel. The hawks at least had the sense to stay away...
    She responded when Syimi spoke.
    "You are correct my sister."
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    "Absolve yourself of that pact Sir Knight. It cannot be fulfilled any more and I do not wish your health to suffer as you try and kill that which is already dead."
    Ashandra-Tor

Kyth'ra sighed. "I guess I must, My Lady, as I cannot kill the dead. But what of his followers that he left behind?" he said.

The Pridelands - Hel and Hubris

Kyth'ra sought out the presence of those who had saved the mortals of the world. He approached them with a joyful gait. "I thank you both for saving mortality this day" he said with much joy in his face, his eyes shining with gratitude.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Halls
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well, strictly business then. You are the first person I have met with a somewhat similar outlook on life. Of course someone of your obvious wealth and power would't want to get his hands dirty over every minor matter. I suggest an alliance, temporary, at least to begin with. I'll provide information, muscle and do some of your dirty work in return for assistance from you and your people occasionally, maybe some information of your own. Oh and by the way, I am Gallant"
    Of course Gallant expected that he would get the better of any deal struck, this pompous lord was going to be easy to manipulate, too vain and prideful by a half, though with far better grammar.

An intriguing proposition, this alliance would be to both of our benefits" he offers his hand to seal the deal, "The first thing I ask of you, to show your good faith towards this alliance is to lend me the power I require to complete a task I have been meaning to do"

Main Chamber

"It is nice to finally have someone appreciate m- our glory...ous... acts of charity towards the common folk" Hubris says to the odd looking god

Hmm, so the mortals were just as irritated with the darkness as I was, how convenient

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 2
    Alliance, -2
    Current AP: 0
    Show

Former Characters

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by HopeHubris View Post
    Halls

An intriguing proposition, this alliance would be to both of our benefits" he offers his hand to seal the deal, "The first thing I ask of you, to show your good faith towards this alliance is to lend me the power I require to complete a task I have been meaning to do"

Main Chamber

"It is nice to finally have someone appreciate m- our glory...ous... acts of charity towards the common folk" Hubris says to the odd looking god

Hmm, so the mortals were just as irritated with the darkness as I was, how convenient

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 2
    Alliance, -2

But of course, and to what purpose would i be supplying this tributary gift
    Last edited by KaiserSozay; 2013-01-14 at 11:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    But of course, and to what purpose would I be supplying this tributary gift

"Why, but of course I will tell you my plans, I have no reason to hide anything" Hubris none too happy that he was being questioned, but able to mask it fairly well, "I plan on creating, alongside my glorious Queen, a new pantheon, a great pantheon, and of course, you shall join us if you wish it"
    Last edited by HopeHubris; 2013-01-14 at 11:19 AM.
    Show

Former Characters

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Why, but of course I will tell you my plans, I have no reason to hide anything" Hubris none too happy that he was being questioned, but able to mask it fairly well, "I plan on creating, alongside my glorious Queen, a new pantheon, a great pantheon, and of course, you shall join us if you wish it"

You have a wife, my congratulations. I shall supply the necessary power to you so that you may start this glorious new pantheon and in return i hope that you will extend to me a favour as well when you can spare the effort.
    The arrogance was literally poring of this guy, Gallant knew that as long as he kept subservient he should be able to handle this lordling, but a wife, one who could tolerate this man, she might be a problem, Problems Gallant didn't like but challenges, challenges could be fun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Transfer 5 AP Hubris, 2 Ap Join Alliance, 4 AP left
    Last edited by KaiserSozay; 2013-01-14 at 11:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Ashandra-Tor

Kyth'ra sighed. "I guess I must, My Lady, as I cannot kill the dead. But what of his followers that he left behind?" he said.

Syimi speaks up. "They are the product of misused power, but we should not judge them for that. We must allow them the time to come to terms with what has happened to their creator, then bring them back into the fold of mortal species. As soon as I have the power to do so, I will make those that wish it my own, and the rest shall be allowed a final peace. Paradise awaits for those who are fulfilled, and the rest will seek out wisdom in a new life."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

"Syimi is correct my warrior. Yanyeeku's sins are his own, not his creations'. Give them the time they need to grieve and adjust before we interfere with them."
    Aeron looked at Syimi with a smile.
    "You are indeed wise my sister. I shall trust that you know when the time to act is right."

Nearby, Maleficent was a bit annoyed that the visitor had not answered, so up she hopped and flew closer in case she had not been heard. Just as she was about to alight on the figure's shoulder, a strong gust of wind knocked her against a wall of ice. Head spinning, she looked up at the guests, both of them.
    "Whatshername... Aeron... The Queen sends greetings."
    She hopped up, rather dizzy and looked closely at the trespasser's shoes. They were rather spinny...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ziam

Aeron watched as the skies above them shifted dramatically.
    "Well... You were in dire need of my aid. But your circumstances have improved substantially. Thanks to heathen deities such as myself."
    She stopped her horse and looked directly at the Caliph.
    "Now that I see nothing that you need from me any more, I shall give you a warning oh Caliph. You have insulted me and my brethren numerous times in the brief time we have been acquainted."
    With a single fluid jump, she dismounted her horse, drew her sword and placed it at the throat of the Caliph. If he so desired, he could have counted the bloodstains and scientifically analysed them.
    "I am Winter. I am cruel. I am harsh. And I show no mercy. But I stay my hand for you are sorely lacking in education."
    She smiled and withdrew her sword from the Caliph so he could breathe easier. But she didn't allow him to breathe easy for long as she brought up one hand and struck Ismail backhanded across the face leaving him sprawled in the dust of the street.
    "But even so, a people such as yours should have better grasp of hospitality and know not to insult a guest who comes offering a gift. Especially when you imply that person doesn't exist."
    Aeron grasped the reins of her horse and began to leave walking her mount.
    "Watch your step Ismail. I have had men killed for lesser insults and there are those much less kind than I.
    "Enjoy the feast, it could be your last."

An interesting town, she may have to return some day before some vengeful god destroys it because of the citizens arrogance...

Ziam

Several of the Caliph's guards immediately rushed to his side, helping him to his feet. Ismail coughed twice and dusted off his robes. His retinue looked at him for orders.
    He was smiling.
    "...That went well, I think." The Caliph said, a few of his guards grinning at him. "We shall have to be cautious with that one." He said simply, before turning to head back to his palace, for the aforementioned feast.

Elsewhere, a shard of Quaestus appeared before Aeron and the horse that had departed Ziam. His face was emotionless, as it often was, but if one carefully observed his eyes, one could see the hint of displeasure. "Aeron. The White Queen. You have approached the Cerebrans. You conversed with the Chosen. Offered them a deal. This is acceptable. But you threatened them. The Chosen was almost killed. This is not acceptable. I have no quarrel with you, yet. But if they are harmed by your hand, know that I will... take issue with you, and you will suffer the consequences of your malfeasance. That is all."

With that, the shard teleported away before a response could be formulated, for her reaction was of little import. Quaestus issued no threats, only facts. The Exalted Broker was simply letting her know what the consequences of her actions would be.
    Sub-Atomic Incest and the Great Nazi Train Robbery

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You have a wife, my congratulations. I shall supply the necessary power to you so that you may start this glorious new pantheon and in return i hope that you will extend to me a favour as well when you can spare the effort.
    The arrogance was literally poring of this guy, Gallant knew that as long as he kept subservient he should be able to handle this lordling, but a wife, one who could tolerate this man, she might be a problem, Problems Gallant didn't like but challenges, challenges could be fun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Transfer 5 AP Hubris, 2 Ap Join Alliance, 4 AP left

"Ah, I can feel the power flowing into me, thank you friend, I shall now use it, to form the Glorious Assembly, though, I'm not set on the name, if anyone can suggest one more... Well... Glorious."
    Using the energy he received from Gallant, Hubris formed the Glorious Assembly, a most glorious pantheon of glory.
    Sending his remaining energy to his wife, so that she may join it at his side, he repeats his offer of invitation into the order, "Do you wish to join this most glorious of pantheons that you helped me to create, Gallant?"

Spoiler
    Show

AP:5
    Create Pantheon, -3
    Send 2 AP to Hel
    Show

Former Characters

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Smyth

Oxonj balanced on pike impaled in the ground of the continent. With the Solar Crisis over, he could focus on his creations again. Analyzing what was in his creations, he realized that the Vanguards utilized electricity, while nothing else did. This simply could not do. He directed the Architects to build generators, and an infrastructure to supply this new resource to the continent. A cable was strung to reach Ziam, giving them access to electricity, once they build devices to utilize this new concept.

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Advanced Concept:Electricity -2
    AP:3

Bezalel incorporated this new force into his frame, with the new buildings in Ziam having wiring to transport electricity from the generators. Retrofitting the older buildings was undertaken by the Vanguards, and learned people in Ziam. Generators were installed into the city to form a power grid, though the only things that were really used by this new grid were rudimentary electric lights, reverse engineered from the Photons' amulets that no longer had an exclusive market.

The Vanguards were refined yet again, sleeker, faster, more efficient. These had better control over electricity than their previous forms. Pioneer received one of these new forms, and Volt was upgraded after he returned from his mission to stop the Beloved. On the continent of Smyth, the Architects built huge Tesla coils to study, and utilize this breakthrough. The work on the 'Grand Architect' continued, only helped by this new discovery. An enormous fence of Tesla coils was built around the construction site to defend the construct.

Ziam

Pioneer entered the Caliph's presence, after he was slapped around by a god,"Sir, such entities are petty. As such, to a queen, pride is everything. Premier has sent me to suggest furthering the research to create technology to fend off the heathens' creations."
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Pridelands
    Hel, The Glorious Queen

While the goddess of fear was majorly unconcerned with the events of the world, she did squee in absolute delight as the rings from their message joined the constellations in the sky to shine as an eternal symbol of their combined power.

"And you were acting like you weren't a romantic." She chided, giggling madly as she pushed her hand across his chest. Her people were screaming out in agony, but who cares? She was having the best day of her life. "Magnificent! My glorious golden sun is truly splendid my love. Even though I love screams, I'll try not to make you scream too much in the bed-"

An interruption. How rude.

"You're aspecting, aren't you?" She accused, poking him in the chest and looking both amused and annoyed as she hung off the Glorious Lord.

But then another visitor. My, she was popular, but she didn't remember handling out any invites to this wedding...

"And you are?" Hel shot back rudely, narrowing her eyes at this new opponent for her attention. The goddess of jealousy sneered at the other god before speaking. "Thank you- it was a gift to me." She was quick to add haughtily, while blinking her eyes in an unladylike manner.

She clung to Hubris jealousy and smiled widely as she suddenly felt her power begin to grow alongside his. "Oh, my LOVE! Not only did you get me a marvelous dowry but you saw how much I wanted a pantheon after that frosty hag teased it in front of us. I'd like to see that hussy's face when we tell her we've got one just as good. Hahaha!" The jealous wench laughed wretchedly.

"The Glorious Assembly? Hmm.. the Resplendent.. the Magnificent.. Order of.. Scary.. Glorious Terror..." Hel mumbled incoherently, before just patting Hubris on the arm. "There, there, dear. We'll go with that."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2 from Hubris

Join Pantheon: As his wife, I also join the newly form order of evil gods, the Glorious Assembly.

AP: 0
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

The Road Away From Ziam

With a flash, one of Aeron's ravens appeared on her shoulder. She handed it a parchment scroll.
    "You know what to do Absolom."

Quaestus

A raven with feathers of white and icy blue flew to meet the Grand Financier, dropping a scroll before him.
    "Greetings from the White Queen."
    It rose up before Quaestus and unrolled revealing a message scribed in midnight blue ink.
    Your Chosen was in no danger from me. However, an individual lacking in wisdom such as he likely did not grasp my warnings. In this world, there are a pair of deities who allow their arrogance to rule their lives. Had Ismail acted in such a manner toward them, Ziam would be nothing but a scar on the land.
    Tell the Cerebrans that their arrogance is a curse upon them for one day Helkarava and Hubris will go to their city, and they will not take being called heathen lightly.
    "Her Majesty would also like to inform you that she will return to Ziam some time in the future in peace and she will leave in peace. Hopefully your people will learn their manners in the intervening time."
    Neither Aeron nor Absolom made threats. They simply stated fact as well.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Road Away From Ziam

With a flash, one of Aeron's ravens appeared on her shoulder. She handed it a parchment scroll.
    "You know what to do Absolom."

Quaestus

A raven with feathers of white and icy blue flew to meet the Grand Financier, dropping a scroll before him.
    "Greetings from the White Queen."
    It rose up before Quaestus and unrolled revealing a message scribed in midnight blue ink.
    Your Chosen was in no danger from me. However, an individual lacking in wisdom such as he likely did not grasp my warnings. In this world, there are a pair of deities who allow their arrogance to rule their lives. Had Ismail acted in such a manner toward them, Ziam would be nothing but a scar on the land.
    Tell the Cerebrans that their arrogance is a curse upon them for one day Helkarava and Hubris will go to their city, and they will not take being called heathen lightly.
    "Her Majesty would also like to inform you that she will return to Ziam some time in the future in peace and she will leave in peace. Hopefully your people will learn their manners in the intervening time."
    Neither Aeron nor Absolom made threats. They simply stated fact as well.

Quaestus let out a deep, throaty chuckle, but said nothing in reply, for no reply was needed. If the Mortal-Born Gods couldn't keep their petty emotions and senses of honor in check, then they were no better than the mortals. But that was their cross to bear. The Broker and his affiliates would be ready to defend the city and its people if need be... but such a conflict would result in an almost guaranteed loss of trade and profit. Perhaps the Caliph would do with a lesson in diplomacy.

Ziam

Another shard of Quaestus appeared before the Caliph and his retinue. "Chosen. I have been watching your progress with great interest. And I have seen your... encounter... with the Winter Queen. You were right to do as you did. But perhaps you need to be reminded of the concept of TACT. You will cease to be useful as middlemen and traders if your performance does not improve. I have faith in your abilities... but do better."

Once again, the aspect left just as quickly as it appeared, leaving Ismail to contemplate his words.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Syimi and Kaleea

After a time, Syimi takes her young disciple by the hand, and appears among the photons, on their floating crystal continent. The creatures she finds are broken and mad, bereft of their creator and the sun upon which he had made them so utterly dependent. Their greatest leader, Helios, he who had actually touched their god, was a king without a purpose, his land and people shattered. Many had died in the Day of Two Suns, and more still had gone to seek paradise or the next life.

The Broken King, recognizing a deity when he saw when, he saw, crawls toward Syimi and Kaleea, his already-tattered robes and bloody knees and palms torn by the razor sharp shards of crystal littering the ground. Please, please, we simply beg mercy. Depart, and leave us in peace. Our creator is gone, and the others of your kind have turned our gardens to places to none dare tread.
    The sky, the sky! It blazes with glory!
    WHY ARE YOU HERE? HAVEN'T YOU DONE ENOUGH?
    Ohohoh, please take me to the afterlife, I want no more of this.
    This heat, this heat, there are two suns shining!
    The suns are gone, let us be at peace!"

Kaleea recoils in horror at the mad and bloody figure, but Syimi reaches down and embraces the man. "Child of the light, you are right to fear us. So many are cruel and capricious. You are but toys to them. To me though, you are wonderful. Let me heal your people, and show you what you are capable of with the care you deserve."
    The Broken King blinks for a moment, then begins cackling madly. AHAHAHA, YOU? No no no NO! I'll have none of your kind near me again!" He tears himself from Syimi's grasp, running down the streets shouting of deicide and other mad visions.
    A crowd had gathered though, and stared upon the shining goddess. One approaches Syimi. "My...my Shining Lady, we would accept your grace. Please, just let us have respite, and give us protection. Promise to love us as yourself, and you have our love in return. We have heard your proclamation, on the Day of Two Suns, and now here."
    Syimi smiles. "I could no less love you than I do myself anymore than the water could be dry. It took great effort to save this world already, but I will do what I can for you, and work to ave you from the depredations of others." Syimi raises her arms, and a radiant glow emanates forth. When it fades, the island finds itself floating on the waves on the oppposite side of the world, directly below the moon. "Now, you will always be under my watch and protection."

The populace celebrated with what meager joy they had left. Syimi and Kaleea went forth, giving aid and healing to those that wished it, and a merciful end to those that wanted no more of this life. The reflected glow of the moon ultimately proved beneficial for the creatures, giving them peace as well as nourishment, for the moon had absorbed much of the essence of the Citrine Sun. It would suffice for now, but such a solution was only temporary. Soon, the photons would have to be transformed. For the time though, Syimi would bide her time until her power was great enough that she could work such a change.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Rodlicus wasn't quite sure where to go from here. A new sun was up, a god died, what was left to do?

Actually...

Spoiler
    Show
    A jetshark-riding sesssion with Rodan and Dorothy later...

NOW what was there to do?
    "Ummm, sir?" asked Rodan, whom Rodlicus shushed away.
    "Sir?" asked the boy once more, getting pushed lightly away as Rodlicus was too busy thinking.
    "There's a plant eating your lunch, sir." said Rodan, before getting shu- WHAT!

Rodlicus rose into the sky, looking down at the plant. "HOW DARE YOU EAT THE- ohey, its one of those guys." he said, picking up the Spidertrap. He then had an idea.
    "For eating my sandwich, I sentence you to... protecting the boy." commanded Rodlicus, waiting for the plant to acknowledge its punishment. He then assumed it had been acknowledged.
    "Well now. The situation here has been resolved. I think you can go back to your quest now. I'll be sleeping, so call me if you need any more guidance." commanded Rodlicus, poofing away.
    And so, Rodan was once more left baffled as to what to do now. He just decided to leave in whatever direction the roads took him. This was going to be a looooong quest.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, I can feel the power flowing into me, thank you friend, I shall now use it, to form the Glorious Assembly, though, I'm not set on the name, if anyone can suggest one more... Well... Glorious."
    Using the energy he received from Gallant, Hubris formed the Glorious Assembly, a most glorious pantheon of glory.
    Sending his remaining energy to his wife, so that she may join it at his side, he repeats his offer of invitation into the order, "Do you wish to join this most glorious of pantheons that you helped me to create, Gallant?"

Your offer is appreciated and i accept it graciously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 2 AP Join Pantheon, 2 AP left

24. - Top - End - #324

MindFlayer

Ziam

Premier floated toward the city, carrying a new invention of the metal continent. Endless hours of experimentation yielded an explosive substance, one that could propel objects at high velocities. Showing this breakthrough to Oxonj as he sits in his office inside the Grand Architect, the Synthetic Mind names the substance gunpowder. Armed with memories of his home universe, he designed a device to utilize the invention. Cannons were created, and soon after muskets were developed, with Vanguards becoming equipped with rifles. The architects made enormous cannons to defend themselves with, fighting the sharks that flew in the sky.

Premier brought these weapons to the Caliph, and started to manufacture them in earnest. Every Vanguard had a rifle, along with every guard of Ziam. For Ziam and the Architects, wild life was no longer a concern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Advanced Concept:Gundpowder -2

As this was happening, Metrople who had been silent for a long time had figured out a way to use Diamond Spidertraps.

By loading their seeds into the cannons, and shooting them at a target. They functioned as living minefields for places that weren't to be visited, and became an effective form of artillery. During this time, Metrople had taken to breeding more crystal flowers as a trade good, which brought in many tons of materials for the Grand Architect.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ziam

The Cerebrans were once again extremely grateful for the technological boons provided by the Architects. While the Caliphate had an organized standing army, they were just regulars, normal citizens with effective albeit basic training. What the Caliphate needed was a warrior caste... elite soldiers and aristocrats in their own right, to command the dog troopers and to act as shock units. They were the Mamelukes, well trained, well equipped, and extremely effective. All were competent commanders, to at least a squad-level, and were drilled in combat maneuvers such as flanking, fire and advance, and all the tactics of modern riflemen. They were well-versed on horseback with cavalry carbines but were just as efficient as line riflemen. Truly, they were the warriors the Caliph needed to defend his city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 3
    -2 Form Guild/Order - The Mamelukes
    Remaining AP: 1

26. - Top - End - #326
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ayemfah 'Nyeh was wandering around the forest one day, enjoying the pleasantries that this environment offered him, when he heard the muffled cries of a young man. His ears perking up, Ayemfah ran towards the source of the sound, where upon he found a male human cradling his wounds.

"Oh, the poor son of men, whose light begins to fade from this earthly domain" Ayemfah said as he circled the boy, "What cruel fates transpired to put you in this place?"
    "Oh coyote" the boy whimpered, struggling to find the words to speak, "I'm dying. I was walking around the forest, looking for some wood to burn, when a wolf came and attacked me!"
    "Yes, they are quite attuned to doing that."
    "I - I tried to fight the beast off, but as I fought, it bit my neck. Oh coyote, I am afraid that wolf and I will join the same fate today."
    "You killed this wolf?"
    "Yes, it lies over there, under the brush."

And so Ayemfah smelled the wolf out and, sure enough, it found a limp body of what one could have called a wolf. Blood slowly dripped from its head, a fly or two landing near its mouth, as Ayemfah turned back to see the boy, who was becoming pale under the golden sun.

"I - I found a rock. I hit it over the head as it bit me. It staggered away, into those bushes, then... well, I suppose I hit him pretty hard, didn't I?"
    "Oh, you young pup!" Ayemfah said as he sported a grin, "you have surprised me well! Who knew a dog of civilization would out-smart and out-fight a wolf?! Forgive me, as my words must feel foreign to you; I am Ayemfah 'Nyeh, the Dog of Puns, and you have pleased me well by killing a creature of my making!"
    "Wh - what?" The young man wondered as he looked at Ayemfah. "Most Gods I know would be furious if I went around killing their creations."
    "Ah, but I am not most Gods. For you see, I designed my creatures to live in perfect harmony with their environment, in my image; any dog that dies does so because it could not out-smart its environment. You know of my legend? Of how I made the three canines of the world?"
    "Yh - Yeah. The wolf bit you and lived in the forest; the dog was stupid and it decided to live in civilization; then the coyote you loved as much as yourself -"
    "Because it is perfect, is it not?!" Ayemfah interrupted. "Oh, how brilliant the Coyote is. Oh, how wonderful it feels to create something so perfect, so capable of thriving in its world. It just makes me so happy, wouldn't you agree, pup?"
    "I - I guess - it can't be so bad. At least I didn't kill a coyote, or you might be more angry with me."

Ayemfah then howled in laughter before continuing his discussion with the boy.

"Oh, you are funny enough! Not like Ruth - wonder what happened to that Dog - but I digress! Young pup, if I cloth you and clean your wounds, would you do well in my name?"
    "You - you'll save my life?"
    "Oh but why not?! You made me laugh, you out-lived my creatures, in you I find a second life!"
    "If - if you insist, Ayemfah. But please hurry, everything feels so cold"

And so, Ayemfah tore the skin off the wolf and gently placed it over the young boy, who felt warmer and comforted himself in the skin of the wolf, hanging the wolf head over his own face. Then coyote licked away at the wounds the boy received, and they were slowly healing up. But then coyote licked at the coat of the wolf, and the young boy suddenly felt weaker, yet somehow also stronger at the same time. The skin of the wolf melded with the male's flesh, and after a long time of licking, the young man stood up, now fully rejuvenated but appearing freakish in nature as the human no longer existed in his old form.

"I... I feel so different. Ayemfah 'Nyeh, what am I? What have you done to me?!"
    "Why, I have given you a second life!" Ayemfah said as he admired this new beast. "You now wear the wolf; wear it proudly, for it shows that you are a perfect being, fit to be loved as much as my sweet, sweet coyote: smart enough to kill a wolf, but gentle enough to live among the humans!"
    "I - I'm a wolf?!"
    "No, you wear a wolf... wear a wolf? HA!! Werewolf! Yes, that's it! That's perfect! Oh, you sly dog, Ayemfah! Pup, you shall be known as a werewolf!"

And Ayemfah laughed and laughed as he humoured himself over yet another play of words. But the man, now the first Werewolf to walk these lands, howled to the sky in sorrow.

"Oh my dear pup, what causes your whining now?" Ayemfah asked.
    "Ayemfah 'Nyeh, I had a family to return to! They will never accept me in this form! Now I will live alone in these forests, doomed to die alone a freak!"
    "Oh, but my pup, you will not die alone: for as I licked your wounds clean and gave you life, so you shall to any dying human you find outside their brittle walls! Go forth and be one with these forests, perfect as a creature of my own twisted tongue!"
    "I - fair enough, Ayemfah 'Nyeh. You have tricked me yet I knew what you were, so I will take solace that you do not hate me like others surely will. I will find my own companions in these forests, and we will live fairly, never to fall for the tricks of any beings, yours included."
    "Survival is worship enough" Ayemfah said as he wandered back into the forest. "Now go, live! Before you are haunted in these woods!"

And thus, the Pup, the first Werewolf ever created by Ayemfah, ran into the forests to find a human worth saving.

Spoiler
    Show
    TOTAL AP: 9
    AP Used:

- Sentient Life, Magical (-5): Werewolves, capable of thriving in the wilds, can turn a human into a fellow Werewolf by coating them in the skin of a wolf and licking their fatal wounds.
    - Leader (-3): Pup, the first Werewolf created by Ayemfah 'Nyeh.

AP REMAINING: 1
    "I am funny." Ayemfah 'Nyeh, the Dog of Puns, Lords of Creation: The Primeval Steeple

AP - 5/30

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Now that he was done talking to the other god, Gallant knew that it was time to return home and begin plotting.

28. - Top - End - #328

MindFlayer

Oxonj looked inward, and viewed what he had done so far. He had embraced production, so he internalized that aspect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gain Domain:Industry(Production) -3
    AP:0
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

29. - Top - End - #329

Meanwhile, Jay had finished his first session of his game and excused himself from the presence of the four now named Architects. He walked the world a little while until he reached a placed called Ziam. When there, he looked around and marveled at the progress of the place. It was seemingly starting to become more like his homeworld, the one he lost... Or Ziam appeared to, anyhow. He wandered the streets, Michael invisibly following.

Eventually, he made it known that he was a traveler of sorts, and he wished an audience with the Caliphate. While he waited for a response, he silently communicated across the network of Angels; there was to be a meeting in Ziam this day, and Jay wished for as many of his creations to be present as possible. And so they traveled, invisibly along the eddies of the wind, to him. And gathered in the air around Ziam. To Jay's eyes, the whole city was aglow with the brightness of the celestials.

And so he smiled.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9 (5+4)
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Origas of the Conflagration
    Gnaritas the Balancer
    Aenum, Keeper of Secrets, Teacher of Magic
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger
    Mother of Monsters, She Who Births

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkstone View Post
    Meanwhile, Jay had finished his first session of his game and excused himself from the presence of the four now named Architects. He walked the world a little while until he reached a placed called Ziam. When there, he looked around and marveled at the progress of the place. It was seemingly starting to become more like his homeworld, the one he lost... Or Ziam appeared to, anyhow. He wandered the streets, Michael invisibly following.

Eventually, he made it known that he was a traveler of sorts, and he wished an audience with the Caliphate. While he waited for a response, he silently communicated across the network of Angels; there was to be a meeting in Ziam this day, and Jay wished for as many of his creations to be present as possible. And so they traveled, invisibly along the eddies of the wind, to him. And gathered in the air around Ziam. To Jay's eyes, the whole city was aglow with the brightness of the celestials.

And so he smiled.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 9 (5+4)

Ziam

Word of this traveler reached the ears of the Caliph, who soon after sent a group of runners to deliver his response. Eventually, one of them sprinted up to Jay, quite out of breath. "My Lord Ismail says he awaits you in the Grand Commercia. He is quite eager to meet yet another divine aspect."

And the Caliph was in fact waiting, overseeing the final touches of the gargantuan monument, flanked by his Mameluke guards.