New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 3

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment Thread

Mane Pony Thread

OOC Thread

Bits and Credit 2 Thread

Locations Covered in this Thread

Grills' Spa and Grill: Grills's Grill is a recently re-opened high class restaurant where he, you guessed it, grills things. In keeping with the show, what he grills is entirely made of vegetable matter. The second floor of the building is where the Spa is located. This is where a pony can have a dip in the hot springs and mudbaths, or get a massage.

Scarlet's Boutique:Scarlet's Boutique is similar to Rarity's boutique, and even has dresses supplied to her by Rarity. There is even a nice selection of suits, ties, and collars for stallions and colts. The boutique doubles as a salon for ponies looking for a new manestyle.

Snickerdoodle's Bakery: Snickerdoodle's Bakery is the town's main place to get baked goods. From cupcakes to cookies, a pony can get their pastry fix here... if they wake up the baker. Desserts purchased at the Grill can be found here as Grills gets his final courses at Snickerdoodle's.

Eclair's Restaurant: Eclair's Restaurant is a nice place. The environment tends to change a lot depending on time of day, and who it looks like her clientele will be at the time. However, most consistently, Eclair's restaurant is the kind of place colts and fillies go out on first dates when either are short on cash. Eclair's isn't a place you go to impress the person you're dating, it's where you go when you want to have a good time, but can't afford the Grill.

Greif's Cafe/Sports Bar: During the day, Greif the griffin operates a cafe that serves a variety of coffees, sandwiches, and other drinks or snacks. Once evening falls, the menu changes to include a wide range of ciders and various snacks that are probably more delicious than healthy, and they even open up a game room."

Please list which location your character is at to make this flow as smooooothly as possible.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 3

Greif's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Well, this certainly was a busy place they were entering! Everypony not in some sort of time bubble or limbo was here, it seems.

The magicians looked around so fast it whipped their heads back and forth.
    "Wow, with this crowd, we're sure to find Inspiration!"
    "I knew this was a good idea."
    "Incredible!"
    "Hmm, yes." Quaver replied, looking over the menu and hoping that she had adequately masked her dissapointment. She didn't know why, but the purple mare had a hankering for a very specific type of smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Greif's Cafe
    It should be noted that there's no "Reality Breaker" on the menu. The only beverage like that would be the Soft Serve, which is served elsewhere.
    It was such a shame that it wasn't available here. That fact, coupled with the closing of Soft Serve's bar, only managed to dampen her enthusiasm evem further.

So much for finding inspiration. She thought. If this trend continues, then by the end of today I'm only going to be able to compose Gregorian chants.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

[Garion - Grills' Apartment]

With a great effort, Garion lifted his sleepy head from the table and immediately tucked into the grub. His already slow, polite pace of eating was further harried by the fact that he couldn't go a few bites without the warm, delicious food threatening to send him straight to dreamland. The colt deliberately splashed a little of whatever drink he'd been served onto his muzzle, in an attempt to keep himself awake.

Chew...chew...chew...zzz...chew...chew...zzz...ch. ew......zzzzzzzzz....
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-02-05 at 10:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Greif's Cafe

"Hmm, yes." Quaver replied, looking over the menu and hoping that she had adequately masked her dissapointment. She didn't know why, but the purple mare had a hankering for a very specific type of smoothie.

It was such a shame that it wasn't available here. That fact, coupled with the closing of Soft Serve's bar, only managed to dampen her enthusiasm evem further.

So much for finding inspiration. She thought. If this trend continues, then by the end of today I'm only going to be able to compose Gregorian chants.
    The ponies, seeing this discouragement, began to desperately scan the bar.

"Hey, Cadmium, what does inspiration look like?"
    "Is it short? or long?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grief's Cafe]

Strawberry Tart busies herself whipping up her name-sake snack. You guessed it, strawberry tarts. Gotta make sure everything is juuust right, from the crust to the custard to the perfectly sliced strawberries. Of course, Tart is lacking in the Special Talent department, so her expertise comes from experience alone. But as far as she's concerned she can pull this off just fine!

The changeling is pretty sure that if she were an actual pony she would have a picture of some kind of baked good emblazoned on her flank.

When she returns she carries a small platter in a livid green field of magic, trotting along with purpose and pride! The platter is slipped into the display case for all the various pastries, though not before she levitates one of the treats toward Grief.

"Try it. My specialty."

The scent of the pastry isn't overpowering by any means. But rather delicate and subtle to perfectly harmonize the tart aroma of strawberries and the sweet smell of the custard.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    The ponies, seeing this discouragement, began to desperately scan the bar.

"Hey, Cadmium, what does inspiration look like?"
    "Is it short? or long?"

"You know....I'm not really sure. I wanna say long and tall and breath taking!"
    The red pegasus replied.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Grief's Cafe

Blitz gives a salute as he says, "On it Bossman!" A slight gust of wind kicks up as Blitz zooms over to Cadmium and her friends. Putting on his most charming smile Blitz said, "Hello, and welcome to Grief's cafe! Now then what would you all like to order?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Grief's Cafe

Blitz gives a salute as he says, "On it Bossman!" A slight gust of wind kicks up as Blitz zooms over to Cadmium and her friends. Putting on his most charming smile Blitz said, "Hello, and welcome to Grief's cafe! Now then what would you all like to order?"

"Oh, greetings there sir,"
    She smiled and tapped her chin in thought about her order. "Well..I'll need to look over the menu some more, but for my drink I think I'll have a mango smoothie."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Oooh nothing, just got me a new awesome flight teacher,"
    He grinned ear to ear.
    "Really? Good for you. Who is it?" Smoothie asked. Okay, there appeared to be genuine, congratulatory emotion in that statement.

Except the mare is still as much a void of feeling as before. There is just nothing radiating off of her. It's like she's not even there.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Garion - Grills' Apartment]

With a great effort, Garion lifted his sleepy head from the table and immediately tucked into the grub. His already slow, polite pace of eating was further harried by the fact that he couldn't go a few bites without the warm, delicious food threatening to send him straight to dreamland. The colt deliberately splashed a little of whatever drink he'd been served onto his muzzle, in an attempt to keep himself awake.

Chew...chew...chew...zzz...chew...chew...zzz...ch. ew......zzzzzzzzz....
    Grills struggled to not d'awww at the sight of the little guy fighting sleep and failing. With some telekinesis, he floated Garion onto his back. Then he motioned to his fillyfriend that he'd tuck him in.

Unless stopped, the master chef gentlecolt would take a relaxed gait into his bedroom and place the colt in the dent of the bed. The sheets would be warmed by his hot hooves and them rolled over Garion.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, greetings there sir,"
    She smiled and tapped her chin in thought about her order. "Well..I'll need to look over the menu some more, but for my drink I think I'll have a mango smoothie."
    "So like me!" He poofed himself up like a prize bird and pat his chest.

"You take my breath away all the time, darling!"

...There was a minute of silence in which Silk Scarf draped herself over her man.

"We'll take inspiration!"
    "...Just surprise us!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills struggled to not d'awww at the sight of the little guy fighting sleep and failing. With some telekinesis, he floated Garion onto his back. Then he motioned to his fillyfriend that he'd tuck him in.

Unless stopped, the master chef gentlecolt would take a relaxed gait into his bedroom and place the colt in the dent of the bed. The sheets would be warmed by his hot hooves and them rolled over Garion.
    Garion managed to keep hold of the remains of his sammich through the TK, and the little gentlecolt continued to nom away as they made the slow, easy trip to the bedroom. Miss Gwyn's back had its own special type of fluffyness to it, but Mister Grills' was always so toasty-warm. Picking a favorite between the two would've been hard.

Once in bed, the spell was complete; full belly, big day, warm blankets, and a caring pony to tuck him in. Sleep stole over the colt as he snuggled into the bed, and he barely retained enough sense to whisper before falling completely under, "Love you...Mister Grills..." Then his eyes fluttered closed, off to dreamland once more.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Grills Apartment

Gwyn watched from the doorway and smiled as the sleeping colt was put to sleep in bed, she herself whispered words of good night to the colt. She then gestured at Grills, the two seemed to have things to talk about and they could use the alone time.
    =====

Greif's Cafe

"That griffon over there, the owner of this place, he was a captain!"
    Spark grinned as his little wings buzzed.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion managed to keep hold of the remains of his sammich through the TK, and the little gentlecolt continued to nom away as they made the slow, easy trip to the bedroom. Miss Gwyn's back had its own special type of fluffyness to it, but Mister Grills' was always so toasty-warm. Picking a favorite between the two would've been hard.

Once in bed, the spell was complete; full belly, big day, warm blankets, and a caring pony to tuck him in. Sleep stole over the colt as he snuggled into the bed, and he barely retained enough sense to whisper before falling completely under, "Love you...Mister Grills..." Then his eyes fluttered closed, off to dreamland once more.
    "Good night, Garion."

The colt's words took him by surprise. Grills' cheeks ran red and the corners of his lips rose up.

It was the final nail. Garion was emotional attached to him. He absolutely had to adopt him now and therefore he would now be attached to Gwynfillion. Not that he minded but there was still a mystery about her. There was a mystery about both of them. But the adorable look of Garion at the moment clouded that all.

So after a short wait, Grills tiptoed out the room and into the kitchen. "He's asleep... and he said...he said..."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2013-02-06 at 01:10 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"I heard," A smile played on her lips as she hugged her stallion from behind.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I heard," A smile played on her lips as she hugged her stallion from behind.
    Grills sat on his haunches and reached back to pat the mare legs around him. His lips slid to one side of his face. "So what does that mean? We have to adopt him now, right? You as his mother and me as his... you know."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Grills sat on his haunches and reached back to pat the mare legs around him. His lips slid to one side of his face. "So what does that mean? We have to adopt him now, right? You as his mother and me as his... you know."

"We don't have to use labels....or rather I don't want to use labels here....what the three of us are together...I don't think needs a label for what we are."
    She moved her head to light kiss his leg on her.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Grief's Cafe

"Just a daisy sandwich for me, thankyou." replied Quaver, ordering one of the more boring things on the menu.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"We don't have to use labels....or rather I don't want to use labels here....what the three of us are together...I don't think needs a label for what we are."
    She moved her head to light kiss his leg on her.
    (Royal princess, work is so boring today)

"I'll have to fight my urges to entitle everything. Heh." Grills looked around for a moment. "So what happened today? I hear something about a hy-dra. And Garion's eyes were a little red."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's Cafe

Greif accepts the offered strawberry tart, and proceeds to chow down. He takes his time eating it, though, allowing himself to savor and analyze the flavors. Once done, he looks over at Strawberry Tart and grins. "I think I know what tomorrow's Special is gonna be."

When Spark mentions him, Greif looks over to him and Smoothie, flashes a kind smile, and then goes back to talking to Strawberry and observing Blitz's interaction with the customers. "Oh wow..." he mutters. "Business is really picking up."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

(Royal princess, work is so boring today)

"I'll have to fight my urges to entitle everything. Heh." Grills looked around for a moment. "So what happened today? I hear something about a hy-dra. And Garion's eyes were a little red."
    "Right....there was a hydra...over at that Knack Tinker's farm.....Garion and I were there for reasons I don't remember anymore. As for his eyes...well he was crying earlier, rather, moments before you got home."

"Apparently he had overheard my conversation with Purple, or rather, parts of it, where Purple asked me if his momma was gobbled by Simmer."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grief's Cafe]

Bwah ha ha ha!

Success!

Without a doubt Tart has firmly established herself as an indispensable asset to this business! If she keeps this up then in the event that she's outed she might be able to play for sympathy and use that to cause some hesitation so she can flee.

FLEEEEE!

Solitary changelings do a lot of that. Fleeing. Don't really have the resources that Queen Chrysalis does to kidnap ponies en mass to feed off them.

Anywho!

Tart's ear twitches toward the nearby orders being taken, her horn lighting up with emerald faerie fire as she begins to assemble the components of a fine daisy sammich. Compared to her tarts this is easy stuff. But there's still a degree of finesse and artistry to sandwich making. It is a bit hit and miss on the first attempt, but by watching the customer's reaction closely she can get a good feel for the precise portions of each ingredient they favor.

Custom sandwiches take a pretty good memory, but the happiness they result in is worth the effort.

"Sure is! Exciting times we live in, eh?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Right....there was a hydra...over at that Knack Tinker's farm.....Garion and I were there for reasons I don't remember anymore. As for his eyes...well he was crying earlier, rather, moments before you got home."

"Apparently he had overheard my conversation with Purple, or rather, parts of it, where Purple asked me if his momma was gobbled by Simmer."
    "Gobbled up by... Purple, you... " Facehoof and frown. "So what happened? Did he remember anything? I hope he isn't regressing."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"Gobbled up by... Purple, you... " Facehoof and frown. "So what happened? Did he remember anything? I hope he isn't regressing."

"No....I don't think so...but he began to weep over the mother he never knew and I promised him I wouldn't get gobbled up like her."
    She softly sighed as she rested her head on the back of his neck and glanced down the hall.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Greif's Cafe

"That griffon over there, the owner of this place, he was a captain!"
    Spark grinned as his little wings buzzed.
    "Interesting. Who were you the captain of?" she asks Greif with an appraising look. She takes a bite of the scone, and afterwards, takes a drink of the tea. "Not bad. Certainly a decent replacement of my sister's place." She says. She passes the scone and drink to Spark. "Want the rest?" she asks.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"No....I don't think so...but he began to weep over the mother he never knew and I promised him I wouldn't get gobbled up like her."
    She softly sighed as she rested her head on the back of his neck and glanced down the hall.
    The soft touch of a mare was so relaxing. "You won't get gobbled up, right? I mean.. that is a highly unlikely occurrence despite your line of work. Magic gifted unicorns are notorious for attracting danger. Food based ponies are notorious for attaching clutter. Hehe." His chuckles were lighter than usual. "I brought you a jersey. Maybe you can make a dress with it."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Cafe

"Sure..!"
    Spark said a little too enthusiastically. Strawberry Tart might find herself with a load of lovey dovey emotion from this dolt colt. "Thank you Smoothie." A flushed smile as he grabbed the scone and drink and dragged it over in front of him.
    =============
    The soft touch of a mare was so relaxing. "You won't get gobbled up, right? I mean.. that is a highly unlikely occurrence despite your line of work. Magic gifted unicorns are notorious for attracting danger. Food based ponies are notorious for attaching clutter. Hehe." His chuckles were lighter than usual. "I brought you a jersey. Maybe you can make a dress with it."

"I...I promise I won't get gobbled up,"
    She put on a smile and licked his cheek. In the back of her mind she was hoping she really wouldn't get gobbled up...considering well....certain stuff.

"A jersey? Well I don't know about making a dress out of it, I'm no seamstress, but let's see, I'm sure I'll look good anyway in it as is,"
    She coyly grinned channeling her old haughty tone.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I...I promise I won't get gobbled up,"
    She put on a smile and licked his cheek. In the back of her mind she was hoping she really wouldn't get gobbled up...considering well....certain stuff.

"A jersey? Well I don't know about making a dress out of it, I'm no seamstress, but let's see, I'm sure I'll look good anyway in it as is,"
    She coyly grinned channeling her old haughty tone.
    "Oh ho. Gwynfillion puts any sort of doubt that she can remain beautiful in an alternate wear?" The stallion smiles and started for the living room. The couch sounded nice. Grills moved to lay down on it.

"Maybe we should skip our trip. It's not... it's not the right time to leave Garion. I an do business by letter and we all can spend the day at your tower."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2013-02-07 at 05:05 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh ho. Gwynfillion puts any sort of doubt that she can remain beautiful in an alternate wear?" The stallion smiles and started for the living room. The couch sounded nice. Grills moved to lay down on it.

"Maybe we should skip our trip. It's not... it's not the right time to leave Garion. I an do business by letter and we all can spend the day at your tower."
    Gwynfillion followed her stallion to the living room where knelt over him laying her forelegs on his chest and laid her hoof on said forelegs. He felt quite warm, just as she liked it.

"Really?...Mmmm...I had been looking forward to our trip, had my outfits planned out and everything, ah well, probably for the best I suppose,"
    She masked minor disappointment.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion followed her stallion to the living room where knelt over him laying her forelegs on his chest and laid her hoof on said forelegs. He felt quite warm, just as she liked it.

"Really?...Mmmm...I had been looking forward to our trip, had my outfits planned out and everything, ah well, probably for the best I suppose,"
    She masked minor disappointment.
    Grills wrapped a hoof around Gwynfillion. Her coat was soft, comfort after a crazy day. "I was looking forward to modelling my new tie. Alas that is the hardships of a foal's caretaker. You don't get to see me and my handsomest. Can the world survive another few weeks without witnessing us at our full images?" An eyebrow raised in jest. "I suppose we should shop for collars. Wrymple and Sugar should not be left out."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater