New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Banned

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oo!

One uses arms only, no?
    No :P you jump up and wrap your legs around them and then bury your head in their chest!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dallas-Dakota's Dastardly and Devious Dancing Debate of Random Banter #198

So it turns out there's a Gregorian Chant band-thing. And they've done the Sound of Silence. Why.. Just.. Why.. >_< Not against Gregorian Chant or the song itself, I like both, but together it's just like.. Oh god. xD

^ Only discovered it 'cause Ele was playing it and I was kinda giggling inside for a bit.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    So it turns out there's a Gregorian Chant band-thing. And they've done the Sound of Silence. Why.. Just.. Why.. >_< Not against Gregorian Chant or the song itself, I like both, but together it's just like.. Oh god. xD
    I love Gregorian. Have loved for over 10 years! Sound of Silence isn't their best thing, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Rotten floor will finally meet its end on Thursday. No more stepping through that damned thing...
    Great joy!
    Quote Originally Posted by QueerKitty View Post
    No :P you jump up and wrap your legs around them and then bury your head in their chest!
    Huh. I've never tried that before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    How does silence sound?

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, but see, that's the technique for a glomp, not a hug. =3

...and is hard to do safely unless you're much smaller than your victim target.

...or if they're not on sure footing. *still has scars from being surprise-glomped after a long drive and falling down on the sidewalk *
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rotten floor will finally meet its end on Thursday. No more stepping through that damned thing...
    Hurrah! Glad to hear it's getting its just desserts.

Good luck making it that long.

Ah, I thought most hugs were full-body? Have I been doing them wrong? :P

I love being touched. ;) And the DSM is awesome. I love psychology. I'm considering changing my major to it.
    Nah, not wrong, just with an extra helping of gusto. Snuggling is also usually more horizontal while hugging is more vertical/perpendictular.

Touching can definitely be fun, aye. Psych is also pretty interesting, though I feel weird about thinking about a book when I should be thinking about people. XD

That's more of a glomp, innit? Sadly I am too big to glomp anyone but giants.

How does silence sound?
    Like Paul Simon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Like Paul Simon.
    He is well known for that, I suppose.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh dear . . . Welp, QueerKitty, you're about to meet this cat's particularly infamous wall-o'-texts. Brace yourselves everyone.

Ah. Yes, that certainly sounds vexing.
    [...]
    Impressive!
    [...]
    Neat!
    [...]
    Indeed!
    Yeah, pretty much. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues, Curly...I recommend a meetup! (Although I won't be at the next one myself, I hear the other British GITPers are nice people, you'll like them ).
    Mmm, I hear the BritsitP are fairly friendly folk, though 'tis a shame you won't be there; we seldom get to hang out all together.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    In other news: just arrived at work to find a pigeon sitting in the office. It's staring at me from the opposite corner as I type this...
    Pigeons are freaky dead-eyes flying rats. At least they're quiet. Unlike certain other birds who live by the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *hugs*
    Spoken as words of honesty, just seeing that you'd posted here brightened up my morning a little. Given, many of my friends evoke that feeling in me, but you're included.
    Thanks . . . I mean, just the fact that you include me in your happy-feeling-of-friendship is amazing seeing as we've never met, probably never will (alas) and technically speaking don't talk very often.

I can't tell whether I should laugh or cry. There's always something special about a twisted word (or image) of encouragement, and with Bambi, no less. Well played...
    My humour can be very dark. I mean, I just had to do something, and there it was. Perfection. :smallevil:

*hugs again*
    *hugs back*

That's more than anyone should be forced to carry on their own...

I can't claim to ever have felt your way, for I don't think my situations have ever been the similar enough, but I can relate to a few of the things you speak of. If it makes you feel less lonely, I'll tell you that August has been a truly hard month for many, me included...

Why can't you tell them they're burning you out by using you as their personal therapist? If their problems are so heavy that they're bring you down, they should seek professional aid, not rely on you to be there for them at all times. There is a point when even the strongest person snaps under their load. Don't let yourself be brought there.
    They can't afford professional help, and I'm the only person around full time for my mother, and she's housebound. It's just a knot of horrible awful things, and I've tried telling her (and them) that I can't handle all the confiding, but they keep on talking. And worse, when your mother's breaking down in silent tears, how do you tell her that you just can't handle anything any more and just want to go hide, put on a happy face and lie/ignore everything so you can pretend to be happy with/for your friends just so you can feel happy?
    My initial plan was a year out to earn money to do an MA without money problems, then I found zero jobs all year, so one more year. No matter what, this time next year I'm going to be upcountry. I can handle a year.

Now, do you need to talk? And trust me as someone who knows, willingly listening to things feels much lighter and easier than having things forced upon you, so don't think you're piling anything on me.

Cares about the twisting paths of your mind? I do. I sadly don't know enough of the topics that interest you to actually come up with any suitable responses, and I'm of the mind which when lost on what to say says nothing...

I guess I could discuss philosophy, or any of your topics really, but I'm not book-learned, so when the names start flying through the air, I'll just get lost...
    A lot of the time I'm just mentioning books that I enjoyed/think are relevant/put a new light on things, you don't actually need book learning for most things. Unless it's about particularly tricky linguistics or something, but that's why I wall-o'-post a lot - so people can at least follow what I'm saying.
    Frankly, I'm just as happy to argue which Trek film was better as I am nerding out over the Wars of the Roses or the Indian equivalent of Atlantis.

I guess some explanation is in order. Some... while ago (13th of July, to be precise), I woke up to find Sheep fawning over someone who may've asked for it, and as a part of it, he fawned over me too for good meassure. My sleep-addled mind managed to brew up a hilarious mental image, and I decided to scribble it down. Now, since I still wasn't fully awake, I accidently mixed up fawns and fauns, and this became the result:

*snip*

I should redraw it to not have the visual pun partially ruined by the visual typo of mine, but baby deer probably require more work to make a sufficiently squishy pile of...
    Oh that's adorably amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    *Hugs*
    I always wish you were on here more often, not least because I imagine that we could help cheer you up (Though admittedly also because I'm a bit selfish and having you around will often cheer me up).
    The problem with depression is that nothing seems worth the effort, so actually logging onto the website and typing was a remarkable step forwards for me.
    *hugs*
    And friends of mine (online) has taken to calling me Ty Lee/Sunny because (to them) my personality is like Ty Lee (of A:TLA) or just very sunny/bubbly; it's nice that I make people happy. But God, have I accrued so many nicknames in the past six or seven years.

...I can't remember the responding lines... well, apart from "You have no power over me" and that would be a blatant lie on my part...
    Well, that is the final line, but I love the entire bit, and have condensed Sarah's lines in the final confrontation.
    From memory (because I'm a sad sack with a good memory): "'Give me the child. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom as great [...] You have no power over me."
    I prefer Jareth's lines though.

>.>
    I may essentially know ninety percent of the film off by heart.

*Hugs*
    *hugs*

Contrariwise, if you ever need to tell someone when bad things happen to you to make you feel better, you know I'm always willing to listen. I'm pretty good at listening (partly because I usually have no idea what to say in response, but still...). I am on the phones, and the facebooks, and the emails, and the skypes.
    I know, and thanks.

Reference? Oh, um, er...
    Oh! Did someone turn you into a newt?
    Nope, but I'm not dead yet, and I am a witch!

Unfortunately the next meetup still isn't for at least three months, and I'm unaware of any mini-meets planned for the interim. I mean, my standard practice would be to say "Come see me shows!" But I'm even further away from Curly than the rest of the country.
    And yet Trogland's so much bigger . . . Distance is a funny thing. And I can wait three months.

OK, ION: Trying to think of subjects of potential interest to Koorly.
    Yay!

Now rehearsing Bob (in which I play the eponymous Bob), a small one act, four character show that was probably a curtain-raiser or something contemporary to G&S; and The Mikado, in which I'm playing Pooh-Bah (And as soon as that's over I'll start rehearsing it again with a different society and hopefully playing a different part).
    Damn, I love Pooh-Bah and every last ancestor of his, right up to the first proto-plasmic globule.
    He is, after all, Archbishop of Titipoo
    *crosses self*
    and the Lord High Everything Else (that isn't the Executioner). That going to be a Newscastle thing before the end of the year? 'Cause I'd love to see another Mikado performance.

Books. I have been re-reading a bunch of Pratchett lately, because I felt like it. I think - yes, there was a conversation about assorted Discworld books and their good and bad points which inspired me to go re-read a bunch of them. And then after re-reading Night Watch I decided to sidetrack myself onto re-reading all the Watch books to see the progress of Vimes c.f. Night Watch.
    The Night Watch is one of the best books I've read. Ever. It's a perfect climax for the character, the author and the series as a whole. There are very few books in that series I'd hold up as anywhere near as good as Night Watch - those being Reaper Man and Small Gods, though Thud!'s been climbing up there recently too.
    Not that I'm saying any of the Discworld books are bad, though Equal Rites is very weak and the only one I've only read once.

Oh, oh, also Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane is amazing. I mean, obviously, it's Gaiman. But still.
    This'll show how bad I've been in general recently: I have never heard of this.

Edit: And then facebook reminded me that today was the DVD release of Star Trek Into Darkness. Have you seen it? Did you like it? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH.
    Yes it was, and I have it, and I've seen it, and.
    Well.
    Wrath of Khan is one of my favourite sci-fi films of all time. I watch that film maybe once a year. So.
    Into Darkness wasn't as good as Wrath of Khan at all, the ending was flawed, and really, there wasn't as much connection or risk because Cumber!Khan had none of the previous history or emotional connection with the crew of the Enterprise, and Cumber!Khan didn't have as sympathetic a background as Montal!Khan.
    That's not saying that Into Darkness isn't a good film, it is - though the ending is still flawed, but it's fairly generic and it doesn't feel like a Star Trek film.
    Benedict Cumberbatch was God damned amazing, but I adore the man and think he's just wonderful, so I'm probably biased; but he just isn't Khan.
    I think the worst thing about the film was that it retread Wrath of Khan, which was a big mistake. You ask any Star Trek fan what the best Trek film is, and they're going to have WoK in the top three easily, and probably it'll be the best. I'm not saying favourite as 'favourite' and 'best' are two different things.
    So. You go into a series reboot of one of the most famous franchises of all time, with one of the most . . . stereotypically obsessive fandoms of all time, and you decided to retread the film generally agreed to be the best of all the previous Trek films.
    Without the history. I sincerely suggest checking out SFDebris' review of the film for a longer, more in-depth analysis/review, but here's my (shortened) opinion.
    WoK brings back an enigmatic villain from the TOS episode 'Space Seed'. That episode explains the villains backstory, and even gives him a love interest; following an attempted mutiny Kirk maroons Khan, his followers and Lt. McGivers (love interest) on a planet rather than execute them. Khan is thankful because it's a challenge, and one he looks forwards to. Kirk is thankful because he doesn't really want to execute some ninety people, and he thinks this is lenient.
    Then some canon twenty years years, we find out something bad happened, and nearly all of Khan's people were wiped out in a horrific planetary accident. Boom. Sympathetic backstory and motive; and we have a reason Khan's so obsessed with Kirk, to the point of suicide. Kirk and Khan had always viewed each other as equals, so there's an intense chemistry going on - even though they never meet - as they try to outwit each other.
    Kirk meanwhile, turns fifty as the films starts, and is maudin because he's growing old; and then he finds out that even in mercy he has made mistakes that show just how fallible he is as a person. And surely age makes that risk higher.
    And that means the Enterprise crew have known each other for twenty years, have worked with each other for decades, are basically a family in all but name. There are risks here on a personal level and on a galaxy-wide level. And it's those twenty years of friendship that make the eventual climax and end of WoK so very fulfilling and bittersweet. They risked everything, and won, but not without cost. And, ultimately, Khan won, because he wanted to hurt Kirk just as much as Kirk had hurt him; and in those final moments, Khan had his victory, though he knew it not. Because Spock died, and Spock was dear to Kirk's heart.

Into Darknesshas about a year's worth of camraderie between the Enterprise crew, Khan has no connection to the Enterprise crew as anything other than a generic intergalactic terrorist. The ending was limp wristed. There just wasn't the same level of emotional/personal connection there was in the original.

On its own merit the film is very good, and BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH means you should see the film because every role he touches is golden, and in general the cast interactions do show they're fairly close. But that ending. And really, when you try to redo Wrath of Khan you invite comparisons. And then that's where it falls down. Khan should have been either saved for a later film or ignored altogether, it's too iconic a film and couldn't really live up to a fan's expectations. Now, if they'd just made John Harrison into say, Gary Mitchell or another fairly minor TOS character and upped the ante, that would have worked. Or, you know, created an original plot. But I suppose the temptation was too much for them.

(You should still see it, but try to forget WoK existed)

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Curly strikes me as being LN (though I'm not sure).
    What? Why?

You don't know me very well. N, for the record, though I'd be mildly curious to see your reasoning. And obviously I can't speak for Coorly, but I'm pretty damn sure she's no variety of lawful.
    Yeah this. If I had to give myself a D&D alignment it'd probably be CN. And that's simply because I'm . . . oh look, people've read my posts, and they are rather chaotic, and I've at times espoused unlawful (though not illegal) things. And Neutral because while I do enjoy when stupid people/people I dislike/people who deserve it (subjective, subjective . . . ) get their comeuppance, I do prefer a world of good people.
    I'm not sure how others'd class me though, but from my understanding of alignment, that seems to be what fits me the most.

Benedict Cumberbatch is the best thing since wrapped bread.
    YES. (And books) Those cheekbones. And that voice. And the eyes. And the hair. And the everything.

And welcome to the forums QCat? QueerKitty? Kitty? QC? Curse my need to create nicknames for everyone. Eh, welcome anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    All hail CurlyKitGirl, mistress of all things written, spoken, typed, and (in extreme cases) gestured! She whose walls of text would rebuff the mightiest of trolls, and which ensure lengthy and well-educated discussion! She to whom the vile "TL;DR" is an abomination! Before her, our praises are as naught, for she could come up with better wording in her sleep! But we give them anyway, out of gratitude for the enlightenment which her presence heralds.

Seriously, though, I hope you feel better. :smallconcerned:
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.

I see we've got a new feline, hello QueerKitty, hope you enjoy things, and the LGBTA thread has given you a rousing welcome as well. I'm sure you'll meet MoonCat in a jiffy if you stick around for a few days with this thread, and you've probably already seen Curlykitgrrrrrrrrrrrrl and Warkitty by now.

So many felicitous felines. More than your body has room for. *nods sagely*
    There are a lot of cats around at the moment. And hey, I even have a few catgirl/catboy avvies too.
    Can the forum handle it? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I am writing this late. One of my old friends was found dead and I found out about it today. We were not close but he still died alone out in the woods and nobody will say whether it was or was not suicide.
    Oh no sweetheart. That's horrible. I hope a *hug* helps even a little bit.

I understand. I am wordless in the face of that evil yet I only read about it and was not there. You were.
    I'm used to it. Which is kind of awful, and likely partially explains why I'm not very good at forming any form of relationship with people. Which is even worse.
    I'll get over it eventually, and move on, and then it'll just be a horrible memory, but one that is in the past and can't hurt me as badly any more.

Most of that was not evil. Very bad but not evil. But that Bees was not punished was evil. If that was set right would you be able to talk again?
    He's on the spectrum, in part that's how he communicates. And he, he, he is a very slow learner, and when he's dealing with Tricky Topics (politics, history, racism, the concept of being non-heterosexual, sex, sexuality and so on) he explores his feelings, society and culture's attitudes and all the rest of it through . . . things I can't really go into here for the sake of the rules. But let's just say that he takes very extremes views, claims them as 'his' and then we have to explain/show/teach/etc. him why these things shouldn't be, admit where he has good points, tell him when there are bad ones, and repeat over and over and over and over again and again until bad things happen.
    He can't really be punished for it because it's how he learns, and how his brain works, but I wish he'd actually apologise with words. He does in other ways - being kinder, pushing less buttons for a while, but you have to live with it.
    I love him, I would do so many things for him, it breaks my heart when he does this because all I can think deep inside is that I hate him and never want my hypothetical children near him. And I hate it. But I forgive him, because he is learning, and isn't as bad as he was (on these topics) as he was even a few months ago.
    I could never not forgive him. Or at least not say I forgive him/I'm sorry and move on until I actually do.

Damn, now I feel sad again. Cobra darling, I know you're online as I'm typing this sentence, could I have a hug?

ION:
    Bees and ELB got Rome II today. Well, yesterday (they shared a moment (which I promptly mocked the minute I heard about it, because come on)) and installed it today. So much clear over introductory cut scenes. It was an Event.
    Gamers and their games.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Oh dear . . . Welp, QueerKitty, you're about to meet this cat's particularly infamous wall-o'-texts. Brace yourselves everyone.
    Huh. I've always thought the "kit" part was referring to a young fox.
    Yeah, pretty much. *hugs*
    *Hugs.*

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

*snuggles tight*...of course you may. That sounds like a really stressful environment. *hugs more* =\

11. - Top - End - #581

Huh. I've always thought the "kit" part was referring to a young fox.
    My name's fairly simple:
    Curly - my hair's wavy/curly and quite long
    Kit - short for 'kitten', though even when I first joined my cat was ten or so years old. But that's my Demon Cat in all my avvies.
    Girl - I'm usually female, usually identify as a female, but always prefer female pronouns; so I'm a girl.
    The nicknames have a longer history, but Curly (in some form) usually suffices because it's a better base for a nickname than Kit or Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *snuggles tight*...of course you may. That sounds like a really stressful environment. *hugs more* =\
    Yay, cobra!hugs are amazing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #582

What's this, another Cat?

Welcomes! We're all nice. Most of us are nice. Some of us are nice. We wont kill you. Immediately. Painfully. Okay, hi, let's start again!

Welcomes! Wathc out, there is a conspiracy going on by some folk to exterminate all catgirls, but fortunately, they are more opposed to extraterrestrial cats than odder-than-a-treeful-of-monkeys-on-nitrous-oxide cats. Have fun, and watch out for piercing bulls.

ION: Schooooool. I'm so tired. And vaguely BUSYBUSYBUSYBUSY.

Rawwrrr.

And Curly... Just... a crapton of hugs for you. <hugs> PM me if you want, I guess. Just, lots of hugs.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-09-03 at 09:13 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

My name's fairly simple:
    Curly - my hair's wavy/curly and quite long
    Kit - short for 'kitten', though even when I first joined my cat was ten or so years old. But that's my Demon Cat in all my avvies.
    Girl - I'm usually female, usually identify as a female, but always prefer female pronouns; so I'm a girl.
    The nicknames have a longer history, but Curly (in some form) usually suffices because it's a better base for a nickname than Kit or Girl.

Yay, cobra!hugs are amazing.
    Curly does work rather well. Speaking of, though, I notice the gender identification symbol isnt male and I have no idea when you changed that, I just remember noticing it like, way back in March and I remember that and now I mentioned it yay?

Are they? I want one!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

True, but more importantly, you can't expect me to ever have heard of any of the brand or product names you take for granted down under...

And "örtsalt" literally translates to "herb salt". It's basically an attempt to create something which tastes salty without containing salt, and I guess halfway successful. It was popular to pour in a large pile on a piece of buttered (or rather, margarined) knäckebröd for reasons beyond my comprehension when I was in grade 4-6. I haven't seen a jar of it for years, though...

Ahh, I see...

Well, they kinda require there to be enough place to do something secret and not a multitude of man-high pipes filling up the ground, and I wouldn't really call this site mundane...

Can't disagree with that last sentence, though...

Hmm, I can't say that had any greatly calming effect on me. Good thing you won't hurt anyone, though...
    But allspice isn't a brand name... It's the actual name of the spice in question... A name, by the way, that has been used for centuries.

Well... That seems rather pointless in my mind. I mean... Really. If one is that concerned about their diet that they will go to the effort of replacing their salt with fake salt, then they're trying too hard. But then, I feel the same way about artificial sweeteners.

It may not be apparently mundane, but nor is it apparently nefarious either from what I can tell. And really, that is the goal that one wants for their secret facilities. If it looks strange, there must always be a logical explanation.

Indeed. If they really were for "water quality" tests, they wouldn't bother with the expense of tunnelling.

You misunderstand, I wouldn't ever do such a thing. But I won't lie and say it hasn't crossed my mind.
    And anyway... It wouldn't make me feel that much better, but I would feel better by comparison to the person with the crushed soul.

Suddenly I notice myself getting dragged into all sorts of tumbling. Before lectures begin we have the Freshers Week with all sorts of events for first years, and I'm getting dragged to the welcome team. Training takes some days, then it's spending days around the campus helping kids moving in halls and telling them to drag their arses to the stupid horrible parties (plus ceilidh, which is awesome). And remind them to go to the Freshers Fair to join clubs & societies. And during Freshers Fair, oh boy, I'll be manning two stalls... Damn it kendo and RPGs!

Well, if all else fails, we could just meet up in New Zealand, eh?
    But New Zealand is so cool! And it's cooler than Australia also in the sense that I probably wouldn't rot in the heat!

Right, now there's three people that I know that like it. Great. Now you're just multiplying!
    I suppose it can't be any worse than the compulsory fun and team building we had to do in High School... But I am certain that joining clubs and societies is fun. I should give it a try one of these days.
    So, I assume they're developed a method by which they're going to make a hopefully non-evil clone of you to help out with that? I mean... I can't see any other possible way of manning two stands simultaneously unless they're directly adjacent to one another.

Well, if you truly don't believe you can handle the heat, then I will probably have to accede the point. I'll just have to bring a fan heater or something to bring the area up to a comfortable twenty-six degrees.
    Though on one hand, have you considered visiting Tasmania? It's reasonably European in climate in comparison to the rest of Australia.

Nah... We're not multiplying. We're slowly increasing in number.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    *nods* Indeed.

Eh, but I'm kind of indifferent on what colour my eyes are... it doesn't bother me that they don't know what to pick. My driver's license says green, so officially that's what I go with.

Honestly, that's one of the hardest chords to do; it's in an awkward spot, and even with a lot of practice, it'll still feel weird to fret. I've only rather recently (in the past 6 months/year) been able to play it well consistently. If your action is too high (the strings too far from the frets), it'll be nigh-impossible to fret, and if your action is too low (strings too close to the frets), then it'll make a bunch of string noise regardless. It's a chord I try to avoid playing barred the whole way if I can.

*nods* Whatever works is good. I've found typing tabs up (courier new is a good font for that) works pretty well also - (and you can probably just copy-paste some tabs onto your computer)... granted, not as useful if you don't have a laptop, or can't practice in front of a desktop.

Heheheh

Well, I like a lot of things, and finding artists similar to a certain style isn't too difficult (although again, I'm more familiar with some things than I am with others), as long a you know what style you're looking for. Harp music I probably can't help you with, though.

*nods* Well, not always, but that does tend to happen in the winter here, aye.
    On the other hand, it does mean I need to be hospitable should any of you foreigners visit. But I should be fine if you don't all flood me at once.

Well then Mr. Drexel of the officially green eyes, I am jealous of your official eye colour. Not that I like green more than blue, just that I feel that green is a cool eye colour.

It is good to know that there's no conspiracy against me involved. In the meantime, I shall continue trying to get it to work while also considering the possibility of an alternative.
    Just out of curiosity because I forgot, how long have you been playing the guitar?

Copying by hand remains the most convenient method for me unfortunately. Which reminds me, I should go upstairs and get my blank sheet music before I forget.

That's just it Amidus, I don't know what I want. It is indeed a most annoying pickle to deal with, wedged as it is most securely in an otherwise delicious sandwich.

And if I recall correctly from the discussions last Summer, it occurred in sufficient quantities that shovelling was required. I cannot recall the last time a weather event required me to shovel something.

So, how are you lot, then? I'm not dead, more's the pity for y'all, eh?
    You have returned, and well before November. Excellent, I was having trouble sourcing appropriate materials for a funeral pyre had you reached an untimely demise.
    It is good that you had fun. At least, I think you had fun...

People clean ceilings? Ceilings get dirty? Doesn't dirt fall down?

The thermometer here is near the bathroom and so I pass it more than once a day. It is dry here and so the temperature changes every day and keeps it interesting.
    One of these days, you will have to look up and inspect them. They do indeed get dirty. I think it's a combination of dust and things working their way into the surface layers of the paint or something...

Ours in located in the most obscure corner of our living room, practically out of view. Personally, I don't bother with it as it's not worth the effort.

I love Gregorian. Have loved for over 10 years! Sound of Silence isn't their best thing, though.
    Well, I only really found out about them bouncing around YouTube like the crazy indecisive person I am. But personally, I quite enjoyed their rendition of Sound of Silence, but I am biased as it is one of my most favourite pieces of music.

How does silence sound?
    Eternally blissful.
    As for the song... You will have to listen to it and formulate an opinion of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Welcomes! Wathc out, there is a conspiracy going on by some folk to exterminate all catgirls, but fortunately, they are more opposed to extraterrestrial cats than odder-than-a-treeful-of-monkeys-on-nitrous-oxide cats. Have fun, and watch out for piercing bulls.
    And whatever you do, be very careful about the Catgirl Indifference Society. We've already won, I think. I can't really be bothered checking. I mean... It's not like we had meetings or anything...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #585

NecromancerGuy

We're calling alignments? Totally CE. Just so Moony can't call it herself. Muahahahahaha!

Also, I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I believe you should have this, Koorly. *hugs* *Of Evil*
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

watch out for piercing bulls.
    Seriously? Well, I've "warned" about you before, so I guess it's only fair...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pigeons are freaky dead-eyes flying rats. At least they're quiet. Unlike certain other birds who live by the sea.
    Awwww, be nice to my pidgies! Sure, some of the nasty big-city pigeons give the rest a bad name, but here in Winona the pigeons are docile, sweet little things.

The Night Watch is one of the best books I've read. Ever. It's a perfect climax for the character, the author and the series as a whole. There are very few books in that series I'd hold up as anywhere near as good as Night Watch - those being Reaper Man and Small Gods, though Thud!'s been climbing up there recently too.
    Not that I'm saying any of the Discworld books are bad, though Equal Rites is very weak and the only one I've only read once.
    I would put Soul Music above Small Gods, but I suppose that's just a matter of personal preference. That said, I have to agree with you on Night Watch - I'm in the middle of reading it for the... sixth? Seventh? time, and it's still SO FRIKKIN' AWESOME.

On its own merit the film is very good, and BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH means you should see the film because every role he touches is golden, and in general the cast interactions do show they're fairly close. But that ending. And really, when you try to redo Wrath of Khan you invite comparisons. And then that's where it falls down. Khan should have been either saved for a later film or ignored altogether, it's too iconic a film and couldn't really live up to a fan's expectations. Now, if they'd just made John Harrison into say, Gary Mitchell or another fairly minor TOS character and upped the ante, that would have worked. Or, you know, created an original plot. But I suppose the temptation was too much for them.

(You should still see it, but try to forget WoK existed)
    THIS. The entire time leading up to the movie, I ignored all spoilers and made it my headcanon that Cumberbatch was going to be Gary Mitchell (that maaaaay be my favorite episode of TOS) but then I was just so... disappointed. I mean, Cumberbatch's eyes are shiny enough that they wouldn't have even needed to use CGI!

But really, I do feel that they missed an opportunity for something even MORE wonderful than the movie ended up being anyway.

*high fives!*
    May I sig this?

There are a lot of cats around at the moment. And hey, I even have a few catgirl/catboy avvies too.
    Can the forum handle it? Yes.
    *is a dog amidst bajillions of cats*

Extraterrestrial cats? That can't be a Good Omen.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-09-03 at 09:27 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #588

We're calling alignments? Totally CE. Just so Moony can't call it herself. Muahahahahaha!

Also, I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I believe you should have this, Koorly. *hugs* *Of Evil*
    I'd never call that one! I am really nice to the corpses of my enemies, that's got to get me goody-points!

I... what? I get you possibly taking offense at me referencing the time you went onto a random thread telling people to kill me, but what does this part even have to do with you? That's a book quote, what have you got to do with that?

Edit: To clarify, me referencing the thread on which that happened, not the event itself.

Although, you've grabbed my interest. What is this about warning people about me? Because I'm dying to know, now.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-09-03 at 09:44 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

I avoided spoilers for Into Darkness completely, and I watched it on a whim at a friends birthday party. I was the geekiest one there! At least when it comes to Trek. I love The Original Series. I was geeking out and woman friend was just "stop that" and I was all "AUGH THAT ISNT A KLINGON WTF" and then other discombobulated memories of idiotic phrases about various references I got (and I know I missed a bunch too...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

I... what? I get you possibly taking offense at me referencing the time you went onto a random thread telling people to kill me, but what does this part even have to do with you? That's a book quote, what have you got to do with that?
    I don't know what book you're talking about, but "piercing bull" in Greek is "cent taur"
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-09-03 at 09:40 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

21. - Top - End - #591

NecromancerGuy

You're a centaur with what appears to be a cutie mark. Totally different things.

Unless I missed some kind of story while I was off in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I avoided spoilers for Into Darkness completely, and I watched it on a whim at a friends birthday party. I was the geekiest one there! At least when it comes to Trek. I love The Original Series. I was geeking out and woman friend was just "stop that" and I was all "AUGH THAT ISNT A KLINGON WTF" and then other discombobulated memories of idiotic phrases about various references I got (and I know I missed a bunch too...)
    They are Klingons. And it is a long story. We do not discuss it with outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    *is a dog amidst bajillions of cats*
    You think that's tough, try having a Feegle for a spirit animal. Crivens!
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-09-03 at 09:38 PM.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #592

I don't know what book you're talking about, but "piercing bull" in Greek is "cent taur"
    Ooh, that makes the scene even awesomer, foreshadowing wise. I've got to go reread it now.

Now. What the hell is this about warning people about me?

@Coidzor: Oh waily waily waily!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-09-03 at 09:43 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593

Ooh, that makes the scene even awesomer, foreshadowing wise. I've got to go reread it now.

That's not even remotely what Centaur means though

24. - Top - End - #594

NecromancerGuy

<_< >_> What is this piece of lit'rature anyway?

I think once he warned me that one of my ribald, ribbing comments would get under your skin and cause you to try to flay me, which mostly just amused me, both from the perspective of him thinking that would be your reaction and also the idea of you actually trying that with me. But I'm pretty tired and it was a while back so that might not have even happened and just all have been a dream or something, so take that with a grain of salt, erryone.

Oh it's the crossing of the arms and the tapping of the feets and the pursin' o' the lips. O waily waily waily!
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, back when I thought everyone hated me, I told an aquatic dog that they would feel the same about her, simply because we agreed on something.

It seems even dumber when I phrase it like that.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

26. - Top - End - #596

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That's not even remotely what Centaur means though
    Well, they are wildmen who are sex-crazed and a bit rape-happy, so if you stare at it ****-eyed and cross-eyed with your head cocked just so at the right tilted angle, you can almost see... that it gets even blurrier.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #597

<_< >_> What is this piece of lit'rature anyway?

I think once he warned me that one of my ribald, ribbing comments would get under your skin and cause you to try to flay me, which mostly just amused me, both from the perspective of him thinking that would be your reaction and also the idea of you actually trying that with me. But I'm pretty tired and it was a while back so that might not have even happened and just all have been a dream or something, so take that with a grain of salt, erryone.

Oh it's the crossing of the arms and the tapping of the feets and the pursin' o' the lips. O waily waily waily!
    Mm, Half Moon Investiagtions. Eoin Colfer writes amazing books. Also, it's more of a crossover than a foreshadow, I guess, but still, awesome!

I get attacked even before I come online for a few minutes, apparently. <sighs>

Noo! Not tha pursin' o' tha lips!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

You're a centaur with what appears to be a cutie mark. Totally different things.

Unless I missed some kind of story while I was off in Atlanta.

They are Klingons. And it is a long story. We do not discuss it with outsiders.

You think that's tough, try having a Feegle for a spirit animal. Crivens!
    Heh. Cutie marks gets dumber every time I think of them.

Atlanta? Coidzor burned Atlanta? whyyyyy?

That episode. I rumumbur.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

29. - Top - End - #599

NecromancerGuy

Oh, back when I thought everyone hated me, I told an aquatic dog that they would feel the same about her, simply because we agreed on something.

It seems even dumber when I phrase it like that.
    Indeed, we're still a bit mystified about where all that came from, really. She's not going to bite unless she *REALLY* likes someone and then it's going to be in a private context where it's no one else's business anyway, so who really cares?

Revisiting it all ad nauseum just precludes the possibility of any kind of reconciliation down the line and provided a momentarily diverting derailment of a thread which should not really be derailable, but it got played out after about the 2nd iteration of all that jazz and seemed to have been all the product of miscommunications and assumptions as it were and was.

In other news, scale mail bikinis are pretty interesting texture-wise.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

Right, I'm not entirely certain what's going on here, but there seems to be some kind of bad history I wasn't aware of.

If we could refrain from making personal attacks against people, that would be great. Ender, I can't find any evidence supporting that etymology, and telling people who are new that you think they'll hate Moon seems a bit out of line.

*hugs everyone carefully*