New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

View Poll Results: Will you vote on this poll?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 32.64%
  • No

79 23.44%
  • Maybe

61 18.10%
  • What's a poll?

87 25.82%
Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Farewell, compatriots, foes, and friends! I am off for a week. Look for my coming to the east on the eighth day. At dawn.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Staff's Random Banter of Oh My Gosh You Guys Really Talked for 200 Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Farewell, compatriots, foes, and friends! I am off for a week. Look for my coming to the east on the eighth day. At dawn.
    You have foes?!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay! Cyea later Cuthalion. Where are you doing, specifically?

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Okay! Cyea later Cuthalion. Where are you doing, specifically?
    Going to visit... My brother, his wife and another brother, then driving to see another brother and his fiancee, and then going to see a brother of mine, and his family.
    You have foes?!

I just put that there in case.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Have fun!
    Going to visit... My brother, his wife and another brother, then driving to see another brother and his fiancee, and then going to see a brother of mine, and his family.
    Oh! That's quite a number of brothers!

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Have fun!

Oh! That's quite a number of brothers!
    Thanks.

>.>

<.<

I have one more. And a sister.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Bugbear in the Playground

I thought I had more people to talk to. Is there a limit to how many quotes there are?

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    ION: Got my birthday gift from my grandma early. Red and black DS Lite. I am supremely overjoyed! Letting it charge a bit, then will probably play some Emerald. Gonna save money for other games of course.
    Congratulations!

All you Americans are trying to get our water. I have already warned Zodalicious that there will be trouble if she dares to enter such an arrangement -- diplomatic trouble. It begins with a single drop! *grabs by the lapels of your leather jacket and shakes* IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, AMADOU?!?!?! IS IT?!?!?!?!?!11?!?!?!/?

Some feet will tread all heights now unattained -- why not thine own?

*drowsy little ball* Budgies love baths, yes. Some like to play under a trickling tap, some like shallow dishes, and some even like lettuce baths, shallow water full of lettuce leaves. A budgie having a bath is a truly joyful and playful thing to see. Well almost all budgies like them. Mabel didn't, but that was because of her overly dignified old lady personality.
    First the south of California and now you. Save the delta! Stop the tunnels!

I do not know of a bird that does not like a bath. The nights are colder now and I can put the bird bath outside and not have wasps. House finches and some very small sparrows come and drink and bathe and make a big mess. The waxwings have gone on south along with the one who used up all his lives already. The tree is empty. The scrub jays are still trying to find berries though.

Yes! We made sausages and bacon and scrambled eggs by the deep-pan full! Five days of it! The bacon was good, the eggs not AS good but they were decent. Also we made hashbrown potatoes.
    Eggs are always good. I am jealous of your bacon more. I can't cook good crunchy bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Half three in the morning, can't sleep, what do you do?
    Wash your hair in the sink, watch reviews and things online and complain to your online peeps and friends about your insomnia while shopping for hair salons and appointments and intermittently reading an in-depth (for a given definition of in-depth given the topic) book on the Reformation.
    Early mornings are strange indeed aren't they?
    Could be worse. It's only raining after all.
    They are. You did more than I did. I just sat and wished that I could sleep sitting up. I had some odd thoughts about airplanes and the folk tale about the plane over Kenya that almost crashed. Maybe I was asleep. It did not feel like dreams though.

So I just finished watching Pacific Rim.

I'm glad I wore black pants.

Movie of the year, hands down.
    I am so glad! I was afraid that it would disappoint you after you had waited for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    I'd say you're already taking our water - stealing it from our inland seas and allowing it to collect on your land without due repayment. Plus, it's not like she'd be giving it away; we're talking about a business investment here. Many people like snow, and many people like money. Why not exchange one for the other? I see it as a sound abstract idea. Putting together a feasible project that takes into account the logistical issues might be a bit harder, though...
    I thought Kneenibble was too far west for that. Does the wind go from west to east over the middle of Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You've pretty much answered your own question--we don't get heavy snow very often, so rather than spending a fortune preparing for an eventuality that rarely happens, we just don't bother. It's kind of like asking why Finland never prepares for tropical conditions.
    They do. In saunas.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If you want a simple program to draw in, stick to Inkscape or look to commercial software. I tend to use Gimp as an example of the best and worst sides of open source software. It has every function you can ask of it, and it's free, but beyond the absolute basics, it's a chore to find what you're looking for, because no one is willing to pay someone to make Gimp simple to use. I suspect the reason Ami finds Gimp so much better is because image editing in Inkscape is a poor idea (given, I use it to crop screenshots of my scribbles since the entire process is extremely straightforward, but that's about it).

What is a credit union, and how is it different from a bank?

Well, spreading earth on a lawn isn't an unknown phenomenon to me, and compost is more or less fine grade earth...

As for sticks, for as long as they're not too thick, they tend to become brittle when decomposing and will thus snap if you stab the compost with a shovel a few times...
    It is funny though. Amidus said that he chose GIMP because it was easy to use and you say that many people do not find it easy to use. Maybe your market is a different market?

You know how a business can be regular or nonprofit? A bank is a regular business. A credit union is a nonprofit and it gives out less services and interest but it charges less too. That's most of the story. Here the credit unions are small and each one tries to get a different tiny market but there are many of them. There is enough of them that they joined together to buy ATMs just like one big regular bank. That is rare.

The lawn got peas planted in it. That is all the help it will get.

I put sticks in the compost to make sure it does not get too green. The sycamore bark goes in the flower bed right away. The zinnias look better against brown. And I was surprised. I must have four zinnias not three. A new flower is in a fourth pink.

Enjoy your trip. There will still be enough Californians to rule the thread while you are gone.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks.

>.>

<.<

I have one more. And a sister.
    Very impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I thought I had more people to talk to. Is there a limit to how many quotes there are?
    Yes.

9. - Top - End - #789

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I've gotten Lyme's disease not once, but TWICE now. The main infection, and then a reoccurance of it. Apparently my area is one of the most concentrated areas of the disease...
    Did it come worse the second time? Or not as bad?

I love snow, I love it so. Why can't there be proper snow in Scotland... It makes my heart ache in sorrow. I'd rather have snow up my mid-thigh than have none at all!

This simply means you have to get extremely fabulous winter shoes. Wheeehehehehee! Ahem. Apologies. I'm going stir fry. Nuts. Toot toot.
    It is no good to be shut inside when there is no snow to shut you inside! Go outside and walk or bike or sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Huh, mine's in a week and a half (next Saturday). Pre-emptive Happy Birthday!

Kindle or Kindle Fire? I've got a Kindle Fire and it works okay for browsing here, not so much for posting though.
    How do you move the pointer and type on one of those? Is there a pointer?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    So I've hit a bit of a snag in computer assembly. Namely, we don't have any screwdrivers that fit a bunch of screws I need to pull out in order to fit in the video card... because Dad brought his toolbox up with him on his hunting trip. And I have no idea what size I need for it.

Joy.
    I guess that is too small to use the usual for when you can't find the screwdriver. A butter knife. Will the corner of a store card work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Tired. Busy. Sore. Crackly. Wishing I had more time to talk to all of my wonderful internet friends. This Assistant Stage Manager gig is harder than it looked on paper, especially with three-hour rehearsals five days a week. Which reminds me: if any of you happen to be in SE Minnesota between November 20th and 24th, you should come by Winona and see God of Carnage!
    I cannot make it there in time. I will have to wait for the audience recording it in secret.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Very impressive!

Yes.
    More impressive may be the fact that my mother homeschooled us.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As for me, I have not tasted lobster in my adult life. It must be good. What will you eat at this place Sizzler then? For we do not have it this side of the 49th, and my Guggling instructed me that it is a sort of steak and seafood joint.
    Ah for this I am sorry. From what I can remember of the taste, it is pretty good. Others have told me it is more than just "pretty" good. And the Sizzler in the city has a sort of all you can eat salad bar, where besides just many different salad ingredients there is a taco bar, some soups, and a few other small delicious things that they change from time to time, like chicken wings and meatballs with a pretty yummy sauce. Also there are desserts!

Here, at least, is the Wikipedia image -- it sits just on the right side of adorable and horrible, to my eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show

*hugs for the Halueseneal kindness*
    Hmm I agree with your assessment. Adorable if looked at one way, somewhat terrifying if looked at another.

*hugses*

Farewell friend, and have much fun in your many activities!

Congratulations!
    Nope there absolutely isn't. :p Well wait...actually now that I consider it I think there is. Just make many multi-quote posts!

Thank you! I'm enjoying it so far. Are there any good DS games anyone could recommend other than Pokemon?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. How... How did she accomplish such a feat?

13. - Top - End - #793
    Firbolg in the Playground

They are. You did more than I did. I just sat and wished that I could sleep sitting up. I had some odd thoughts about airplanes and the folk tale about the plane over Kenya that almost crashed. Maybe I was asleep. It did not feel like dreams though.
    I am intermittently productive so don't feel 'guilty' (also what folk tale?), yesterday I actually did some planning aforethought and event sent off an enquiry to a salon about some things. And given that e-mails have timestamps they're going to be wondering about my life.
    But advancement occurred, and now I'm sitting with my wealth of slightly frizzy curly chaos awaiting a response; it may take a while though as it's quite busy and I had some specific questions that likely require asking around.

Compared to tonight I'm replaying the Shalebridge Cradle level, and even though I've played it before and love horror films (especially of the psychological sort) I had to save, take a break and down some tea.
    Peppermint, chamomile, lemon verbena or green tea and lemon?
    Now I'm off to go twitch a little because our kitchen light is on the fritz and our water pipes make odd noises at this time of night. Oh the wonders of tension and suspense in computer/video games.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2013-10-22 at 06:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. How... How did she accomplish such a feat?
    An outpouring of time, stress and effort over the period of around 20 years.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck friend!

Sorry to everyone for not being here lately, mood has been up and down a lot lately. Have an old best friend over on Sunday who I haven't seen in a year and a half, we're gonna chill and watch Supernatural. So excited!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

And quite hilarious, this little kitten-cat saunters calmly past the dog and its owner, the dog starts growling and advancing on the kitten-cat.
    Kitten-cat pauses, turns around and goes ballistic.
    Fifteen seconds later the dog's backed as far away as its lead will allow and I'm laughing, the owner is agog, but also laughing a bit. The kitten-cat saunters on, not a care in the world.
    I read about that once... Supposedly, it's in a cat's best interests to attack a dog that growls at them or comes too close because that reinforces in the dog's brain that cat=not prey, whereas running would confuse the dog into thinking cat=prey.
    But yes, it is pretty cool.

*hugs Elementalis*

In autumn it's fine, but that bothers me a lot during summer. I keep thinking "oh yay it will rain, how good for the garden I don't have to water it!" and then the clouds buzz off without so much as the courtesy of a sprinkle. Raintease!

Indeed: that ancestral instinct is deeply programmed in domesticated fluffs, who revel in the pleasure of water with joyful abandon. I believe I have posted this video before of a huge flock of budgies at a watering hole. Here is one of a pet budgie in a lettuce bath.

I perceive a Queensland summer would be quite pleasant, actually. A look at the climate chart shows me that it isn't nearly as intense as Chennai, which I survived, somehow. Nor wildly more warm than ours -- just longer and more humid. Plus in addition to Vitamin D there is also Vitamin C[ompany]. I am on my way! *begins another ill-advised Transoceanic flight*

Our winters get a remarkably large amount of sunlight, in spite of the shorter days -- it's just that not enough skin is ever exposed, nor enough time spent outdoors, to make full use of it. Some people are more susceptible to its lack than others. I feel the effects without supplementation, unfortunately.
    *returns hug*

The worst was about a week or so ago. The sky darkened and the wind picked up in the evening, even a rumble or two of thunder, sure signs of an oncoming storm, yet not a drop. A most depressing circumstance by any account.

Ah yes... The silly falcon. I recall it's continuing failure well.
    And the domesticated avian conspiracy continues...
    Still, I like how at the end the person tries to put the budgie under the water and the budgie just decided that it was having none of that.

They are quiet pleasant, at first... It just gets a bit much after a while. Fortunately, some talented individual developed the pedestal fan for those days where a breeze is lacking.
    No! Don't try and fly across the Pacific! I fear you would be swallowed up in the vastness of its depths should your strength fail... I'll bottle sunlight and send it to you instead!

One must also factor in the comparative weakness of the Sun's rays at that latitude. Less potent sunlight leads to less vitamin D production, also less sunburn and skin cancers, but that's why we invented sunscreen. I do feel that even if you sat in full sunlight before a window in a heated room it may not be enough.
    Alas, there a few foods that are rich in vitamin D, so there is little I can suggest aside from mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Really? What is it like without your glasses then?

Well it was a scary thing to mention, so yeah. I would figure there might be other issues, but possible drug implications are nerve racking. I suppose if I had to I could, but I do want to actually get over my fear at some point.

This is quite true. It's my standard search engine too. Still if I really want the music, I'll be willing to look everywhere.
    Ah...so there is a lot going on around there then I think?

Thank you very much Elekind!
    Things two or three metres away start to get very slightly blurry, much more blurry if I only look out my right eye. However, where it is most noticeable is in the case of the digital clock on the microwave in our kitchen. Because of the way our house is arranged, said clock is visible from our dining room table and is about four or five metres away. I used to be able to read it clearly from the far end of the table, but now I find it almost impossible to do so from the near end of the table.

It is nerve wracking. Fortunately, it hasn't happened to anyone I know, and it probably doesn't happen very often at all. But the media likes to take a story and cover it for ages.
    In any case, just remember that air travel is much safer and more convenient than any other form of travel yet devised. We could go into the statistical likelihood of dying a fiery death per mile travelled for every major form of travel, but that would be boring.

The thing is, if one search engine can find something, then all the others would probably be able to find it as well. It's not like Google has exclusive rights to half the Internet or something.
    Yes and no. It really depends on what one classifies as a lot. Nothing really happens in my suburb specifically, but it is convenient to places where stuff does happen.

Hmm... Now that makes me think there's more than one of me... That could be scary...

If you want a simple program to draw in, stick to Inkscape or look to commercial software. I tend to use Gimp as an example of the best and worst sides of open source software. It has every function you can ask of it, and it's free, but beyond the absolute basics, it's a chore to find what you're looking for, because no one is willing to pay someone to make Gimp simple to use. I suspect the reason Ami finds Gimp so much better is because image editing in Inkscape is a poor idea (given, I use it to crop screenshots of my scribbles since the entire process is extremely straightforward, but that's about it).

There is no such thing as hanging washing to dry outside when the temperature has dropped below zero...
    I thought as much. Inkscape is definitely oriented towards creating images, not editing them. As for GIMP, the name gives away it's failings on the front of drawing.
    Also... How do you crop images in Inkscape? I still haven't worked out how to do that so am forced to rely on an inconvenient workaround.

I suppose there isn't. But the real question is... How do you people get your washing dry then if the dryer breaks down? Do you have to hang it indoors?

What is a credit union, and how is it different from a bank?

Hmm, yeah, that's about half of what I pay, a third of what I intend to pay.

Hehehe, I see. Well, I think his pictures are a bit over the top, so I prefer Sven Nordqvist, but then again, I may be biased... ;3
    It means that I have shares in it and that it operates slightly differently.

Fortunately, I don't have to pay such a sum as the government doesn't give me that much money.
    And assuming that I understood you correctly... You intend to pay your parents the sum of approximately six hundred and sixty Australian dollars (about four thousand Krona) per fortnight? With that amount, I could rent a two bedroom unit in the city. Is rent really that much in Sweden?

Heheh... This just shows that people like what they know.

Well, spreading earth on a lawn isn't an unknown phenomenon to me, and compost is more or less fine grade earth...

As for sticks, for as long as they're not too thick, they tend to become brittle when decomposing and will thus snap if you stab the compost with a shovel a few times...

And yes, it was a translation error. The problem is that the word "kalk" in Swedish, which may mean both "calcium" and "limestone", sounds confusingly similar to "chalk" (which actually is translated as "krita"). Since I play Dwarf Fortress, I should know this, so I blame being tired...

And as for vermin, it's only really a problem if you have that sort of vermin around in the first place. Over here, the rats are more city-dwelling than suburban...
    Hmm... I've seen sand spread on grass before, but never soil... Save of course to level it or otherwise change its contours.

Still, I would prefer stickless compost if neatness is the end goal. But then, if neatness if what you're concerned about with the spreading of compost, then you're doing it wrong.

I thought as much. One of these days I'll learn another language for the purpose of solidarity with those who find English annoying when tired.
    As for Dwarf Fortress, I still haven't really gotten into that despite my occasional efforts.

I think you'd find that that's due to the rats thriving in the comparative warmth of the underside of a city as opposed to the comparative cold of the suburbs. Over here, everywhere is warm enough for small mammals all of the time, so one can never be too sure. It's best to just not encourage them.

I would really much prefer you approached from another direction, and at a more reasonable hour, but if you insist...
    Anyways... Have fun visiting your brothers.

Your mother managed to homeschool seven children? I am in awe.

Also... Mynxae! You should visit me and wonder in amazement at my room!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #797

I wish to follow you around and hear these things. I love that noise.
    Well you'd be in the minority, then.
    For myself, it's a bit uncomfortable when the hips, wrists, or shoulders crack. It's really loud and a little bit painful.

Have you been instructed to do that? Usual practice is to record all mistakes during rehearsal and tell them afterwards during notes. Because... no offense, I would blow a lid trying to rehearse a scene being constantly interrupted like that.
    I guess it depends how far along the process you are. If, say, you open in four days, yeah, you should probably be interrupting for line errors.
    I would hardly do it if I hadn't been instructed to.
    Essentially, the first thing we did last night was a run-through of the first half of the show, and I had to stop them whenever they got something wrong and tell them what the line really was. I agree with you, it would suck to act in those circumstances, but the director told me to do it so I did.

I would hate to start business in competition with Zodalicious. She has demonstrated a ball-breaking shrewdness in her dealings which gives me pause. It would be a photo finish for who can exercise more sex appeal, too. I appreciate your offer, though, and will send you 1 (one) courtesy kidney cooler filled with fluff from the first enduring snowfall.
    As a straight man, I think Zodi would win the sex appeal competition.
    But I like to break up monopolies, even though I was the one who wanted to buy snow from Zodi last year.

Note, that you and Speedasaurus will be but first clients. The cigarette company or the motorcar that get an ad company on its feet. From there, I aim as high as I can throw this crazy snowball. Just think -- whiskey with lunch! Cigars in the office! Sexual harassment of young secretaries in close-fitting trousers! Let's party like it's 1959, by George!
    As long as we can have jazz on the radio rather than that ridiculous rock'n'roll.

I cannot make it there in time. I will have to wait for the audience recording it in secret.
    You needn't feel bad, Taet. Although it's highly unlikely that there shall be any such recording; we heavily discourage such things, and we're not a large or expensive enough venue for people to bother.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #798

Wait sex appeal contest what?

How did I miss those posts? Thanks guys

EDIT: @Knee:
    Um...not sure how to take that quote about my shrewdness. Thanks though
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-10-22 at 08:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

So in the course of gaming class talks, we decided the moon is made of cocaine.

I live a weird life.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #800

NecromancerGuy

Wait sex appeal contest what?
    Well, you did mention spending a lot of time lounging in snow in nothing but a bikini if you ever went south of the border, as I recall. So I suppose it was inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be inclined to look into it to see if what you say is correct, but that would involve having to learn to navigate a new interface, and it took me ages to get used to Inkscape.
    Eh, I think what Teddy said about it (can't remember if I've quoted him or not) about sums up how I feel about the programs. Plus, I'm not really going to be using it for much besides basic drawing and image-editing, and I found that inordinately difficult to do with inkscape. Perhaps if I had time to get properly used to the system, I'd see it differently, but my general disposition at the moment is to use what's easiest for the purpose I desire.

And yet, hear this quick convolution of logic. Vitamin D helps bones bind calcium. Calcium is a metal. Vitamin D therefore makes you more metal. Is this not desirable? It can be taken as pills, you need not annog your cave adaptation with the discomfort of sunlight.

I want a leather jacket. ;___; How long have you had yours?

Your inland seas? Normally I don't mind a little sophistry, but this is perilous! A little snow deal like this would set a precedent for corporate resource acquisition. And if Zodalicious got rich I doubt a little bird from the Prairies would ever get his taste. No, it doesn't wash at all! I'll be watching your communications with her, I promise.

YOU GOTTA QUIT SMOKIN' EH
    Try my fire potion from the Sore Throat Remedies thread
    It will expunge your cough as gently as the Mennonites were expunged from Red Russia
    Perhaps, but I have two objections that, while not refuting your logic, are entirely supported by a practical view of things from my perspective. Firstly, I would protest that Iron is also a metal, and that any slight deficiency in calcium from an absence of vitamin D can be more than compensated for by eating more meat. Secondly, I detest pills and would rather take my chances with our local fusion reactor.

Er... hrm. I've had it for quite some time... several years, at least. I got it... when my aunt was still married to that one guy... the jacket used to belong to his son, but he was finished with it and gave it to me. It's quite worn now... I really should buy some leather polish and make it look black again.

The majority of the seas lies on the south side of the American/Canadian border; in fact, one sea lies entirely on my side of the geographical/political divide. To call it yours would be fallacious at best.

Nah, I can't afford to smoke. I don't really like how cigarettes smell, so I'd be smoking cigars, or from a pipe, and that stuff isn't cheap. (also, there's the whole health problems/addiction bit)

I'm lacking several of the ingredients, although I /do/ have cayenne powder, so perhaps that can make do...

Note, that you and Speedasaurus will be but first clients. The cigarette company or the motorcar that get an ad company on its feet. From there, I aim as high as I can throw this crazy snowball. Just think -- whiskey with lunch! Cigars in the office! Sexual harassment of young secretaries in close-fitting trousers! Let's party like it's 1959, by George!
    Heh, snowball.

WHISKEY WITH LUNCH?! ARE YOU MAD?! WHY IS THERE STILL WHISKEY LEFT AT LUNCHTIME?!

I thought Kneenibble was too far west for that. Does the wind go from west to east over the middle of Canada?
    It's only a couple hundred miles west (and slightly north); a trifle for weather patterns. Sure, there are closer bodies of water (on both American and Canadian soil) that likely have an effect on his local climate, but that doesn't prevent the inland seas from having their effect either.

Now, Zodi might be too far away, but that's mostly a matter of being too far north and west, in addition to having many large bodies of water that are much closer.

Your mother managed to homeschool seven children? I am in awe.
    I know a family that was homeschooled until the children were high-school age, and there were quite a lot of them as well... I don't remember exactly how many, though. The oldest son was a cool guy, though. I think he's a year or two younger than me. Spectacular guitar player.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

I know a family that was homeschooled until the children were high-school age, and there were quite a lot of them as well... I don't remember exactly how many, though. The oldest son was a cool guy, though. I think he's a year or two younger than me. Spectacular guitar player.
    That makes us sound like sheep.
    Well, you did mention spending a lot of time lounging in snow in nothing but a bikini if you ever went south of the border, as I recall. So I suppose it was inevitable.
    The... uhhhhh

Oh-kay.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

23. - Top - End - #803

Haha, I recall that now. That's...still 100% true, it's WAY to hot in some places to dress like a normal human being.

24. - Top - End - #804

Wait, what? I don't remember this conversation at all. Even with all my google-fu, I could only come up with one where Zodi said that she could chill (pun intended) in a "deep freeze mobile" while wearing a bikini.

ION: I think I found out how our best budgie buddy posts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

25. - Top - End - #805

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Wait, what? I don't remember this conversation at all. Even with all my google-fu, I could only come up with one where Zodi said that she could chill (pun intended) in a "deep freeze mobile" while wearing a bikini.

ION: I think I found out how our best budgie buddy posts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that too.

...that picture is adorable and now justifies tablets.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

You guys have saided so manč things, and I have so little time to respond nowadays... I will content myself with saying words at people, with no quotes to grant context, and no particular chronological order in them either.

@Homeschooled clans of chillun':From my experiences in dealing with them, they turn out just fine. Usually on the intellectual side of whatever they do, and sometimes lacking in the obnoxious behaviors other teenagers exhibit, but yeah.
    (My cousins were/are homeschooled, and theres six of them. Damn quality education too. Very intelligent folks.)

@HalfTan: Cocainum? *asks coid to find a link of The Governator saying that word, i cannot, and Coid is gooder with google*

@Cuth: Ohhh, sounds like fun. And that is a good sized family, there. It seems like there aren't many people with 2 or three siblings, or at least, my experience. Its either one sibling, or four+. Is my experience just anomolous?

@Mynx: You returned! I twas all worried and confused, like a budgie without a pillow-sheep. I didn't bang any foamy liquids on anything, I'm not using my pirate avatar, but still. Yay!

@Knee vs Zodi sex appeal:... This came up. I mean, what? Is this a contest? Why am I not in this?
    Also, Zodi snow-bikini:... *something about Knee being able to do that too, though probably not in a bikini. *

@Teddy: You should just go generic comic book' rich, buy an island, create a vast computer system on said island, then test the efficiency with Playgrounders invite us.

ION:Eye surgery will likely NOT takes weeks upon weeks of my scheduled life away, and will only end up, optimistically, stealing two or three days. A week of rather mehtastic vision, but it shouldn't be enough to confine me to an immobile and sedentry life. (It'd suck to walk around with even WORSE depth perception, though.)
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-10-22 at 10:03 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

27. - Top - End - #807

Well, I'm back. Too many pages of things to read through.

Can it just be taken as read that no one spoke of me?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

28. - Top - End - #808

Yha, we didn't say much about you, sorry Crunk!

29. - Top - End - #809

Yha, we didn't say much about you, sorry Crunk!
    I didn't think you would. I'm not very memorable.

I'm Crunk, by the way

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

30. - Top - End - #810

Don't be like that! You're memorable, I remembered who you are and my memories like a sieve!