New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

[Amandus]

"Mr."? I thought Randii was a she...

It was also a pity. He liked her, for the moment she was fighting with him.

Oh well. The audience was waiting. With a flourish of a spin, he glided over to his spot and posed, giving his best "rogue" grin.

When nobody else seemed interested, he grinned sheepishly and stood in a more professional manner.
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I guess that's that." Juliette didn't really seem happy that the boy was chosen as a leader before...well, anyone else, but she did not really care enough to argue at this point. Her purpose here was to learn, not to show off and lord over other people; perhaps the boy's precedence would be a good thing, if she could hide well enough behind his shadow.

The fox faunus approached the stage with a disinterested look, following closely behind the figure of Amandus. She looked quite cold when she ascended the stage, as well - it's not that she was displeased as much as she found the routine a bit banal, and wanted it all to be over so that she could begin to actually learn something from the premise.

Spoiler: For Hameth
    Show
    In case if Hameth is reading Juliette's aura:

Juliette's aura seemed much weaker than the other students. Weaker than Medi, even - you can't really distinguish any semblance from seeing it, but it wasn't that she didn't train her aura at all or anything. Instead, it felt as if her aura somehow clashed with itself; it swirled chaotically even though she seems (and is) entirely at peace, and unlike other students, is uneven across her own body. Notably, most of her aura surrounds her head and chest, leaving her limbs almost entirely exposed to attacks.

There's also something unnatural about her aura, but it remains only a feeling. No matter how much you study her, it's not possible to distinguish where that strange feeling originated from - to the point that an ordinary person might think of it as just superstition or some trick of their own mind. The girl has a small and wild aura, but that seems to be about the extent of it all other than the slight uneasiness.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Pixie in the Playground

Silven sighed as this went on, grabbing her gear and standing. I'm not exactly one for this type of flair She spoke, cracking her neck as she went for the door. Come grab me if you need me
    Thebladeofchaos, that one guy that everyone knows...

4. - Top - End - #1114

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    "Sir. The team ceremony is taking place right now. I'm afraid that I cannot allow any visitors to enter the dining hall."

There are three figures standing just outside the dining hall doors. One of them was an imposing man that looked to be at least fifty years of age, sporting a well-groomed beard that seemed to be the pride of his career. Despite his stature, he seemed quite jolly when the man addressed him, laughing heartily and awkwardly scratching his head when the other - a simple security guard for the school - made his request. His companion was a faunus dressed only a bit more conservatively than Juliette and with a wrapped weapon at her back; she seemed to both a secretary and a bodyguard to the man, although you get the feeling that a former veteran such as Hamelin Masters needed no such protection.

"That's unfortunate. I'm only here to visit my apprentice, though. Say, do you know anything about a girl named Juliette Chordatie? Namely, if she successfully got into the school?"

"Sir. I apologize, but I'm not privy to that information. Perhaps you could visit one of the faculty after the ceremony has ended, but right now, I would have to ask that you wait here for the moment being. All the professors are attending the ceremony."

"Even Barlowe? And Rokuran?"

"All professors, sir. If you'd like, I can inform Professor Barlowe or Professor Rokuran that there is a visitor waiting for him outside, but that will have to be after the ceremony has been concluded."

Before the man could even respond, the faunus woman chimed in. She was apparently a bit less patient than her employer, and addressed the security guard in the harshest voice she could muster. "Look, do you even know who master is? You are speaking to the one and only Hamelin Masters - you know, the man that pays for at least a fourth of your salaries through his continued donations to this forsaken little school? You should-"

"Viola, that's enough." Hamelin interrupted his assistant with a wave of his hand. "The man is just doing his job. There's nothing wrong with that. Besides, I don't want to be known as the man that paraded my past to bully a guard."

"But-"

"No. Let me handle this." He waved his hand, and the woman - as if completely obedient - quickly bit her lips and became silent. Hamelin turned to the guard with an apologetic look on his face, patting him gently on the shoulder. "Well, this is unfortunate, but I suppose that will have to do. I must apologize for my assistant's outburst; she can be a bit of a handful sometimes, haha!"

"But the ceremony comes first. We've traveled for a good hour to arrive here, and waiting a moment longer is not going to hurt in the least. I'm certain I can find her after the ceremony. Perhaps one of my former classmates, as well! It's been so long since I had opportunity to speak with one of them."

"Speaking of which, you must be cold, standing there for so long. We've brought some hot tea and desserts for the trip. Here, try it! It's our company's special brew, guaranteed to perk you up in an instant if you are ever feeling tired! And these cookies too! They're absolutely marvelous. Viola, please bring out some of the stuff we've brought over. No worries, we have more than enough for Juliette later."

It took only a few moments before the guard and the imposing-looking man were chatting like best friends outside the dining hall doors.

Outside Dining Hall - Guard Chat

A tall female Faunus with long bright orange hair in a dirty white shirt, brown pants, leather gloves, and large boots walks up.. It appears she's a worker
    What type of Faunus, you ask? Well, judging from the leathery tail and slit-like nose, some sort of reptile.
    Hello there miss, mister, and guard!
    The Faunus says in blithely, waving to Hamelin & Friends.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-21 at 09:17 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hameth notes the motley assortment of Auras just outside the dining hall, but doesn't think much of it.

EDIT: He moves with his team to a nearby table, returning his attention to Headmaster Meridian.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2013-11-22 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[Welcome to Sanctum: DINING HALL]

Rip does a double-take upon hearing Hameth's name announced by the Headmaster. At first, he wonders how the spiteful initiate could have possibly earned a place on Medi's team, but he settles somewhat at the explanation of his recommendations. It seems unlikely that this alone could qualify him, given his description of his farce of a trial, but stranger things have happened. Once Meridian's monologue is over, he applauds Team Maverick, including Hameth, just like the others; he may be suspicious of their contingent member, but regardless of his skepticism, he is now a student, just like the archer himself.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post

Rip does a double-take upon hearing Hameth's name announced by the Headmaster. At first, he wonders how the spiteful initiate could have possibly earned a place on Medi's team, but he settles somewhat at the explanation of his recommendations. It seems unlikely that this alone could qualify him, given his description of his farce of a trial, but stranger things have happened. Once Meridian's monologue is over, he applauds Team Maverick, including Hameth, just like the others; he may be suspicious of their contingent member, but regardless of his skepticism, he is now a student, just like the archer himself.
    Kaden applauds with each team introduced as well, heartily and sincerely.

What isn't visible to most is that, while she isn't a fan of intrigue or politics or anything (other than combat) that requires too much thinking, she spends a little too much time looking at particular individuals, Hameth being a prime example. There isn't any anger or hatred or even suspicion in her expression as she regards these individuals. If anything, it was an expression of recognition.

It is simple thing for a fake to spot another fake, to recognize a brother in the fraternity of actors. And Kaden Zei had too spent many years trying to convince herself and others of who she thought she wanted to be not to recognize the slightly hunted look, as if constantly watching for that moment when the ruse would fall apart.

She made no comment in each case, however. To her mind, lies were not evil any more than all truths were good. They had their own reasons for the facades and deceptions and ruses they used, surely. And that was fine. Oh, she'd watch them of course. If she saw they were headed down a dark path, she'd have to do something about it. But until her hand was forced, she was content to watch.

Sometimes the straightest path to the truth was a lie.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Medi, who was dressed surprisingly handsomely, with his hair somewhat tamed and a nice piece of formalwear, comes to the stage while looking at the rest of the team. He was nervous of course, but seeing Juliette made him feel a little better. He liked her and was happy that he wasn't alone.

As he hears the headmaster explain the circumstances behind the rest of his team, his nerves also subside a little. Everyone on the team is a bit of an oddity. It's not just him.
    Well... maybe this won't be so bad. It's not like every team is perfect right away.
    ...commanded by Medias Res
    Spoiler
    Show
    WHAT!?

Thoughts raced through his head. Did his mother do this? Wouldn't literally anyone be better? At this point Medi was convinced leadership was assigned through a substantial amount of alcohol and a dartboard. By the time this thoughts solidified enough to take stock of his surroundings, he was seated again at the table listening to the ceremony's closing words.

Apparently he had gone through the entire ceremony on autopilot. And without blinking.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Barlowe is watching the initiation from a sealed off balcony, much to his displeasure. Apparently, there was much to discuss. He didn't see it, and said so.

"I seem to remember having this conversation precisely in reverse three years ago." He said without looking away from the podium. "It was agreed that I do not teach freshmen. My methods were deemed, what was the phrase again? 'Too intense at this formative stage in their training'? Did I argue? No. It makes perfect sense to let Moloch and Rorokan set up the foundations - they're better at it than I am. The arrangement has worked well, I believe. What has changed that we need to revisit this?"

"A great deal." The figure beside him answered, bluntly. "For one thing, Mortemus Corp's involvement with the initiation has demonstrated that the overall competence of this class is well above expectation. For another, the incident with Caelynn Arkhosia has us worried that this class will require accelerated training in defense. Don't look at me like that, of course we know about it. The Directors should have been called in for an incident like that."

"I can't argue with that." Barlowe admitted, as if it pained him physically to agree. "We could have used a neutral party. This is the headmaster's school, however, not yours, and thus ultimately his decision. As is my involvement in the combat curriculum. Why would the Directors involve themselves with the purely internal affairs of one school? What is really going on?"

The Director hesitated before answering. "Have you maintained communications with active Huntsmen since your... retirement?"

"Some. I still hear from my friends, though of course they rarely get the downtime to say much. Why?"

"This is not common knowledge, and we would appreciate you keeping it that way, but there have been... deaths in the upper ranks of the Huntsmen. Powerful Huntsmen have been falling in battle, in circumstances where by all rights there should have been little real risk to warriors of their stature. They have all (so far) died in battle; and to Grimm, so it hasn't drawn any attention beyond the usual morning of a hero's death. But there's a subtle pattern emerging, if you're the sort to see that sort of thing. If we didn't know better, we Directors would say that the Grimm are setting up traps to assassinate high value targets."

"Nonsense. Grimm don't think like that. Few think at all, beyond the simple desire to kill people. Even the ones that do don't think beyond their territory or a few steps ahead. What you're suggesting is... well.. ludicrous at best and horrifying at worst."

"It is a sobering concept, yes. Reports from the battles in question suggest that the Grimm displayed unusually organized tactics in each case. So either there is a type of Grimm we have not come across before, or something else is manipulating them."

Barlowe considered this for a moment. "She wasn't an active Huntress anymore, but that sounds too much like how Rayne Anias, a friend of mine, died."

"We know. Her death was early on, so it took us some time to tie her into this, but we think it's related. The current theory is that she was a target of opportunity: powerful, but isolated, she must have been the perfect trial run for this new approach. It does mean, however, that their targets are not limited to active Huntsmen. Retirees may also be at risk, which makes combat schools such as Sanctum potential targets. Perhaps now you understand why this incident during your initiation trial captured our attention?"

"What about the other schools? What about Beacon? They'd be a larger target than us, certainly?"

"Headmaster Ozpin brushed us off, assuring us that, as he put it, they 'had matters well in hand'. Obviously, given Ozpin's history, we are dubious but inclined to leave him to his own devices. His methods are questionable but his results tend to speak for themselves. Other headmasters have been receptive to our warnings but either unwilling or unable to take the drastic measures we think may be necessary."

((In case you're curious, I'm imagining the Directors as a sort of governing board for the Huntsmen, an attempt to impose structure and order on a group of people largely defined by their independence and self-direction. They have no actual power, but are very connected and influential.

Also: Who this particular Director is, if it is ever revealed, I'm not going to decide. It could be just about any of the outsiders currently at the school, or someone else entirely. It could be one of the Rosencranz clan, Kitty's father, a family member of some other student, or even Felix Gigglesworth himself. Who it is is not my decision.))
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2013-11-24 at 03:10 PM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    "Headmaster Ozpin brushed us off, assuring us that, as he put it, they 'had matters well in hand'. Obviously, given Ozpin's history, we are dubious but inclined to leave him to his own devices. His methods are questionable but his results tend to speak for themselves. Other headmasters have been receptive to our warnings but either unwilling or unable to take the drastic measures we think may be necessary."
    "Then why am I up here and not the Headmaster?" Barlowe asked, pointedly.

"Recently, your headmaster has become increasingly distant and unresponsive. Leaving us out of the after-action regarding this recent incident is only one of several instances where he has acted against our interests. You, on the other hand, have claimed to be 'in our debt', as I recall."

"You wouldn't."

"Of course not. Pulling our support for your petition would have been stupidly petty before. It would simply be stupid now, especially given official announcement of team assignments. Besides, we reviewed the trial footage. We agree with your assessment of her abilities, she may very well be an asset despite her poor grades. No, we wouldn't do that. We do, however, believe you to be the sort of man to talk words like that seriously, and what we're asking is not something you should find distasteful. Honestly, I'm surprised you are arguing the point. You have, after all, already engaged in a fight with a freshman, have you not? Against our agreement? I would expect you to be relieved to have this limitation removed from you."

"I'm not going against the Headmaster's orders."

"Of course not. Consult with him, get his permission, go through the proper channels. He's not likely to refuse your request, however, given that it was your request in the first place to avoid freshmen coursework. If anything, it should make things simpler for him."

"Fine. One thing I have to know first, however. Was it your idea to bring in Mortemus Corp? Is that the 'drastic action' you wanted?"

"That was your headmaster's suggestion. We did not suggest a course of action at all, simply the need for a course correction. The schools represent the largest concentrations of non-active Huntsmen in the world, both future and past, making them an attractive target. Some preparation is called for. Your headmaster simply took the threat more seriously than most." The Director turned to leave, pausing only at the door to speak once more. "In the spirit of fairness, I have a question of my own. Do you miss the battlefield? Being a Huntsmen?"

"Yes. It's... simpler, being a Huntsmen. Kill this, protect that. It's all quite cut and dry. And good fights where I can simply cut loose are few and far between here. But I saw too many friends die out there when they never had to, simply because the schools didn't adequately prepare them. So, yeah, I miss the battlefield, but this is where I need to be, working to make sure that never happens again."

"I see. If it's any consolation, I hope the coming years are excruciatingly dull. Unfortunately, we're afraid the battlefield might just be coming to you. So keep your eyes open and get prepared. We'll find you again if anything arises. Until then, good luck."

Barlowe did not turn away from the podium as the door opened, or as he felt the Aura seal break, allowing the rest of the world to flood back into the room. His eyes were too focused on the students beneath, so proud of themselves, so thrilled at a victory that would one day pale in comparison to their lives as actual Huntsmen. If they made it that far...

"Crap."
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Alright, Team Maverick," Meridian tells the four students before him, "please take your seats. Don't fret, everyone; we're almost finished here. Just a few more teams, and then I'll bring this thing to a close." True to his word, the Headmaster announces four or five more teams (again, it depends on who you ask) before beginning his wrap-up statement. "OK, I believe that's everybody covered...If your name was not called, please speak to one of the senior staff after this. Now, I'm sure you're all anxious to be done with this and get back to your lives, so I'll try to keep this brief.

"I believe it's safe to say that you all share a sense of accomplishment at being accepted to this academy, and you certainly deserve it. Understand, though, that these are yet humble beginnings, that you are still only trainees...and that future endeavors will continue to try your bodies, minds, and spirits, forcing you to reach for still-greater heights. Keep this in mind as your first term with us begins, and don't be afraid to communicate with your instructors as well as your fellow classmates. After all, as the saying goes: 'the best teacher is also a student'. Thank you for your time, and good fortune to all of you in the days to come. Now, eat your fill and get some rest; the semester begins soon, and you'll need all the energy you can get."

Finally, the Headmaster turns off the microphone he's been using to project his voice throughout the hall and leaves the stage, signaling the end of the acceptance ceremony. Within a few seconds, the cacophony of idle banter and such that normally permeates the dining hall will build to usual levels as students discuss their challenges from that morning, not to mention sharing gossip about some of the instructors and their methods of teaching. Rip will maintain silence throughout, mainly responding only when addressed directly; though he will have just as much to think about as anyone else, his mind will be focused inward, both curious and anxious about how he will end up fitting into the grand scheme for the next four years...

[Welcome to Sanctum: EVENT CLEAR!!]

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Seeing nothing much of interest outside the hall, Hameth returns to a table with his team, pulling his Aura in to sweep over each other member. He smirks as he recognizes the telltale signs of a cognitive loop in Medi's Aura- an almost comical continuous replay of flare-ups and die-downs. Once the Aura returns to relative normal, he pokes the trainee gently. A touch blindsided, are we? He asks, a knowing expression on his face.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Outside The Dining Hall

Celica strides out to her dorm... And is immediately tackle-hugged by the Faunus
    Celica! It's been so long! I can't believe my little sister is all grown up and going to Sanctum!
    Oof.
    Hi Kielle! Great to see you too sis!
    ... Could you please get off of me?

Meanwhile...
    Caelynn has been patiently waiting for the ceremony to finish.
    When it is, she darts out to her team's Dorm, smiling widely.
    I'm on the same team as my best friends!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-24 at 06:50 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Well...now that that's over...

"I believe it is a most noble thing for a team of newfound heroes to introduce themselves to each other. I, for example, am Amandus Foerster, MASTER OF TRANSFORMATION!...please excuse the hammy voice, it's a technique I use to focus my Aura ability."

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    "Well...now that that's over...

"I believe it is a most noble thing for a team of newfound heroes to introduce themselves to each other. I, for example, am Amandus Foerster, MASTER OF TRANSFORMATION!...please excuse the hammy voice, it's a technique I use to focus my Aura ability."
    Hameth turns away from Medias, who still looks shell-shocked. He regarded Foerster with an amused, yet appraising gaze. And the fact that it makes you sound more impressive, in a who-cares-if-I-speak-like-a-charlatan way, has nothing to do with it, I'm sure. Hameth dropped the sarcastic overtones and extended his hand. Hameth Velan. Pleasure. Do you channel your Semblance through your weapon as well? He waved in Foerster's general direction, intending to indicate the web of wires adorning his outfit.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Dwarf in the Playground

O-oh, thats no problem. Im sure everyone here enjoys little showmanship, Riiiiight Juliette? He teases, remembering her penchant for calling attacks.

Nice to meet you though. Sorry about your partner. Actually it looks like none of us really got together the usual way. I guess that really makes us Mavericks. he says, chuckling a bit with a big goofy grin.

Well, I'm Medias Res, but you can call me Medi. If my name sounds familiar, it's probably because my mom works here, but i was also on the news last year, so...

Spoiler for Landis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medi's aura is rather wild. It seems to be constantly spiking up and down. You now can see that it is not just nerves, his aura is naturally quite erratic. There is no pattern or cycle as far as you can tell, it just seems to be randomly moving about. The average level is quite a bit weaker than the average student, about a trainee. At times, it almost disappears completely, but the spikes are significant. During the fleeting moments his aura is "high" it is one of the strongest you've seen, before dropping back to nothing after about a quarter second. This erratic nature probably makes it more difficult to map, but the effect is unique enough that hes easy to identify.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    O-oh, thats no problem. Im sure everyone here enjoys little showmanship, Riiiiight Juliette? He teases, remembering her penchant for calling attacks.

Nice to meet you though. Sorry about your partner. Actually it looks like none of us really got together the usual way. I guess that really makes us Mavericks. he says, chuckling a bit with a big goofy grin.

Well, I'm Medias Res, but you can call me Medi. If my name sounds familiar, it's probably because my mom works here, but i was also on the news last year, so...

Spoiler for Landis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medi's aura is rather wild. It seems to be constantly spiking up and down. You now can see that it is not just nerves, his aura is naturally quite erratic. There is no pattern or cycle as far as you can tell, it just seems to be randomly moving about. The average level is quite a bit weaker than the average student, about a trainee. At times, it almost disappears completely, but the spikes are significant. During the fleeting moments his aura is "high" it is one of the strongest you've seen, before dropping back to nothing after about a quarter second. This erratic nature probably makes it more difficult to map, but the effect is unique enough that hes easy to identify.
    I don't much go in for it myself. Showmanship is usually used to divert attention away from or towards an element of performance, in my experience. It is, however, a good indicator of how confident a performer is in said performance. If they rely on it, how they rely on it. I prefer that kind of performer more than I do that kind of performance, if that makes any sense. Hameth skips over the talk of mavericks and considers his new teammate's claim of fame. I must have missed that news story. Do tell.

18. - Top - End - #1128

Meanwhile...

As Medi & Friends talk, Caelynn darts past.
    Hi Medi! Hi Hameth!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, H-
    ZOOOOOM
    Bye then.

Turning back to his team:
    Oh, did you hear about the tunnel collapse at Sol academy? It was all over the news. That... uh... that was me.

News story that anyone with a decent memory has a chance to remember. Your call:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last year an academy prep school was conducting their final exam. As part of the exam, each individual student had to reach a finish line after being launched into the wilderness. One boy entered a cave system that was not a part of the field proper and due to some strange event, the tunnels collapsed. The cave was home to terrifying grim, only entered by teachers for resource harvesting. That, along with the collapse, led to a search. After several days, it was called off with the boy declared dead. Two days after that, said boy showed up at the building declared as the finish line with nothing more than some ripped clothing. He would be quoted in interviews as saying: "Of course it was dangerous, but I knew that I had to succeed in my mission, and that my family was waiting for me, so I fought my way out." Anyone with ridiculous memory might recall that the student would be attending Sanctum Academy, with the school hard-pressed to deny such a capable celebrity.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Ah, it will be a pleasure to work with one of such heroic skill!...And the Platypus is, shall we say, Semblance-adaptable. My style depends on the Semblance more than my harness. The performance isn't something I depend on, but my ability does depend on being something I'm not, and I got tired of the liar game during training for it. Thus, the MASTER OF TRANSFORMATION!"

For Landis:

Spoiler
    Show
    Amandus' Aura seems...alive, almost. Not like it was a living being in its own right, but definitely like it was another limb of the top-hatted youth. A constantly fidgeting one.

It also seems to tense whenever he does the ham voice, then relax whenever speaking normally.
    Last edited by Leliel; 2013-11-25 at 08:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

[DINING HALL]

Having already finished his meal earlier, Rip has little reason to idle in the dining hall; eventually, he reasons that the only remaining course is to return to the dormitories and get some sleep. He has barely stood up, however, before a potential concern crosses his mind, and he turns his attention back to his new team. "I just thought of something," he tells them slowly, speaking in a low tone to keep the discussion relatively private. "Are we all...going to be sharing one room...? I mean, none of the faculty have mentioned anything about it yet, and...I don't know, I guess it just seems like a potential...concern." Should the girls let him continue, he'll start to ramble, "D-don't get me wrong, I know my place; I'll respect your privacy while you respect mine, and all that. I just...I don't want this to be too awkward for me...er, for anyone, rather..."

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[DINING HALL]

Having already finished his meal earlier, Rip has little reason to idle in the dining hall; eventually, he reasons that the only remaining course is to return to the dormitories and get some sleep. He has barely stood up, however, before a potential concern crosses his mind, and he turns his attention back to his new team. "I just thought of something," he tells them slowly, speaking in a low tone to keep the discussion relatively private. "Are we all...going to be sharing one room...? I mean, none of the faculty have mentioned anything about it yet, and...I don't know, I guess it just seems like a potential...concern." Should the girls let him continue, he'll start to ramble, "D-don't get me wrong, I know my place; I'll respect your privacy while you respect mine, and all that. I just...I don't want this to be too awkward for me...er, for anyone, rather..."
    "Why would it be a cause for concern?" Kaden asks. "We're Huntsmen now. Well, close enough that we should start acting like it. A Huntsman lives and dies by the team - peace or war, lad or lass. If you've got troubles with that, best you deal with 'em now. If you can't, you'll never cut it when we leave." She pats Rip on the shoulder, in a friendly but slightly rougher than intended manner. "That will go for all of us, you know. It's gonna be a new experience all around, and I'm betting it won't be easy for anyone."

Rip has probably gotten to know Kaden well enough now to recognize a certain unease in her eye. She's worried, too. Not about Rip's ability to fit in, but her own. As she said, however, these are things you will just have to overcome.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2013-11-25 at 01:48 PM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Outside The Dining Hall

Celica strides out to her dorm... And is immediately tackle-hugged by the Faunus
    Celica! It's been so long! I can't believe my little sister is all grown up and going to Sanctum!
    Oof.
    Hi Kielle! Great to see you too sis!
    ... Could you please get off of me?

Meanwhile...
    Caelynn has been patiently waiting for the ceremony to finish.
    When it is, she darts out to her team's Dorm, smiling widely.
    I'm on the same team as my best friends!
    After the ceremony finishes Alexandra smiles as she turns towards Cael and then frowns before finally sighing. "That girl, heh. Then again that energy of hers is one of the things that people like about her." She looks looks over at Kitty and Azura with a smile

"Alright then, you guys ready! Team Relic report to the barracks, on the double!" With a smile on her face she heads to their dorm rooms. Upon reaching them she comes up behind Cael and picks her up in a big bear hug. "Well, busy bee you couldn't wait for us? the dorms weren't going anywhere you know." After letting her struggle for a little Alex would put her back down on the ground.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    After the ceremony finishes Alexandra smiles as she turns towards Cael and then frowns before finally sighing. "That girl, heh. Then again that energy of hers is one of the things that people like about her." She looks looks over at Kitty and Azura with a smile

"Alright then, you guys ready! Team Relic report to the barracks, on the double!" With a smile on her face she heads to their dorm rooms. Upon reaching them she comes up behind Cael and picks her up in a big bear hug. "Well, busy bee you couldn't wait for us? the dorms weren't going anywhere you know." After letting her struggle for a little Alex would put her back down on the ground.
    Prove it!
    She remarks with a humorous tone.
    Aaand, poof! Now she's lying on her bed via teleportation.
    I'm... Just going to go to sleep now.
    She says, yawning.
    And then is soundly asleep.
    Appears her Semblance-induced exhaustion finally kicked in.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

[DINING HALL]

"Why would it be a cause for concern?" Kaden asks. "We're Huntsmen now. Well, close enough that we should start acting like it. A Huntsman lives and dies by the team - peace or war, lad or lass. If you've got troubles with that, best you deal with 'em now. If you can't, you'll never cut it when we leave." She pats Rip on the shoulder, in a friendly but slightly rougher than intended manner. "That will go for all of us, you know. It's gonna be a new experience all around, and I'm betting it won't be easy for anyone."

Rip has probably gotten to know Kaden well enough now to recognize a certain unease in her eye. She's worried, too. Not about Rip's ability to fit in, but her own. As she said, however, these are things you will just have to overcome.
    "Indeed Kaden. Good thing I came around before the trials to meet with you all. I hope to do my best to be a leader that you can follow to the best your abilities. In return I expect you to be a team I can be proud to lead. Got that? I want us all to work to the best of our abilities. Furthermore I want us to be a team united in camaraderie. We stand by each other, got it? Lastly, we should start out tomorrow evaluating each other's strengths and weaknesses when we have the free time, and figuring out how we can work with each other from those. Also I have an inspiring speech prepared for that time. Be there. Its important that you hear it. Now where is my armor..."
    She walked off to find her power armor.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Indeed Kaden. Good thing I came around before the trials to meet with you all. I hope to do my best to be a leader that you can follow to the best your abilities. In return I expect you to be a team I can be proud to lead. Got that? I want us all to work to the best of our abilities. Furthermore I want us to be a team united in camaraderie. We stand by each other, got it? Lastly, we should start out tomorrow evaluating each other's strengths and weaknesses when we have the free time, and figuring out how we can work with each other from those. Also I have an inspiring speech prepared for that time. Be there. Its important that you hear it. Now where is my armor..."
    "Yep. Not gonna be easy..." Kaden mutters after Kedra wanders out of sight. Having a leader was going to take some adjustment - for the leader and the follower alike.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    Turning back to his team:
    Oh, did you hear about the tunnel collapse at Sol academy? It was all over the news. That... uh... that was me.
    Hameth tilts his head slightly, noting but deigning not to respond to Foerster's energetic response. Ah yes. I do recall the story. Most impressive. I was at Pharos at the time. The article itself was rather lacking in detail, though. He readied his lie. How ever did you evade the Death Stalker for that long? And did you kill it personally?

((Your call as to whether Hameth's hit on the truth or not. Might be interesting if he has. ))
    Last edited by Landis963; 2013-11-26 at 12:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

Frontier Industries-Dark Horizon

Aurum Mortemus woke up from his chair feeling a tad nauseated. The new body augmentations were throwing off his magnetic balance, giving him something to the same effect as the sickness when an astronaut returns to earth, but not nearly as strong. He wakes up and moves to the bathroom. After 15 minutes, one shower, and one episode of throwing up into the toilet, a ragged looking Aurum opens the door, clad in his towel. He moves to quickly activate his voice mail. If any important information was sent to him, he'd hear about it from his secretary. The boy moves to open his large closet, and pulls out a slick and intimidating black armani suit with a red silk tie. All designer clothing. He also looks around for black gloves. Hmmm. He found what he wanted. For some reason, his skin there was awfully sensitive. Most likely from the surgery. The silk gloves felt heavenly on his skin....

Her voice rang out into the room which interrupted Aurum's thoughts. *Beep* There's been some sort of disturbance at Dig Site 12, Mr. Mortemus. Jeremiah Fray, The Crew Captain of the Meadow Association of Miner's lost his crew last night. Some sort of Grimm attack which resulted in a cave in. He's requested you pay a visit to him at noon. He told us in his call that the monster was unlike anything he'd ever seen. He called it... The Grundlekrunk. *Beep* Aurum listens to the voicemail and mutters lightly under his breath. This sounded like something that required his immediate attention, was it to remain off the news. Well, he'd be leaving for the dig site in about twenty minutes.

He sprays a few passes of cologne onto him before placing his glasses on and pressing the small button which activated the full powers of his special glasses. There was still a scratch at the frame from where Caelynn bumped into him... She looked so beautifu-No. It was not time to talk of pretty girls. It was time to break things. He loved breaking things... He aims a hand at his cell phone, and the phone quickly floats to his hand. Aurum almost drops it from how quickly the phone flew across his room to him, however, he does catch it. He dials someones number and speaks. I need Missilecopter 3 rigged and ready to go with a full crew in ten minutes. We're going to Dig Site 12. Also, get me coffee. And a pastry of some sort.

He begins to make the slow walk up the floors to the Docking Bay. The jet, and the missiliecopters were bunked up here. After eight minutes of walking, Aurum enters the bay and sees the massive helicopter almost ready to fly. The Missilecopter was very large and adorned with machine gun turrets, missiles, and plenty of other deadly weaponry. Aurum was a powerful man. He walks into the copter and assumes his seat on the right side, sitting near the team of six badass looking men in matching black skintight suits. These men were fueled by special injection serums and bred in test-tubes and laboratories. A man's intelligence mixed with a Grimm's strength and bloodlust. Of course, these special soldiers were a secret of Frontier Laboratories. There were plenty, and even one of these things could challenge a hunter. They were armed with large looking guns, and clad in gasmasks which protect their matching faces. All with black hair and milky white eyes.

This was just another day for Aurum Mortemus. He spoke to the pilot and accepted the tray of bagels and one large Caramel Soy Latte, Extra Sugar. He takes a bagel and the soy latte and passes the bagels down to the men, which are quickly eaten and disposed of. Aurum places his music playing device into his ears and turns on one of Edvard Grieg's most famous pieces, "In the Hall of Mountain King" and awaits to arrive at his destination. Things would get broken today, and all the while Aurum hummed along, directing his own orchestration, playing with people's lives and dreams as his instruments. He was a maestro of the modern world. A chessmaster. A ruler. Unstoppable.

Possibly a tad egomaniac.

In twenty minutes, the huge helicopter flies over the trees of the large forest area. The missilecopter descends until it finally touches down on the grassy ground. There was a large mining facility here before, but now it looks to be in shambles. This place was already cleared of trees long ago, and the mining entrance appears to be open! The ground is sandy and no plant-life grows from the constant weight of human beings footsteps. This place was a huge site, for this particular mine was rich in the minerals Aurum needed. Five men are outside, four sitting at a large work table, all facing with their heads down in mourning for their lost companions. Many corpses are piled up in a corner, at least fifteen, all horribly disfigured. Some are maimed with huge gash marks, some melted through with some bizarre type of acid. One man stands in the front of the man, clad in overalls and leaning on a large and advanced looking mining pick.

Jeremiah Fray. Are you the only survivors? Aurum leaves the missilecopter with the six supersoldiers following him. The soldiers move to each side of Aurum, three to his left, three to his right, all aimed at the mineshaft entrance. Explain what the hell happened here, and why you needed me here. Now. The nervous miner begins to speak. Well... Ya see sir, last night at about 2:00 AM, I was asleep in the bunkers around the right. Oh, um, yea. This is all of us. Um.... Cease wasting my time you blathering idiot! Yessir, sorry sir, mister. Well, I heard screams and shouting, and I grabbed my pick and hurried out here. And we saw it... Big as a house with arms the size of tree trunks! As black as shadow in the night... And... the strangest thing was.... several parts of it were... mechanical, sir. I hid and watched as the men that were out here were brutal torn apart... We called it the Grundlekrunk! From the old legends of fully intelligent Grimm.. But it was all... metally. After it killed our friends, it ran inside the mine shaft looking for more food... Oh god Mister... I... We did all we could... We had some dynamite left... It disappeared inside, and all we heard was screaming. We.... set up dynamite down the hall of the shaft there... And we set it off, caving in the beast.... Along with the rest of our crew!! Sir! They had families, and wives, and children!! What do we do?! We have to tell someone! It's incredibly strong, it could break out! Please sir, we need a digging crew and some Hunters to kill it!

Aurum thinks a bit before raising his head. He's obviously upset. You saw nothing, and heard nothing. This was an earthquake, which unfortunately happened to trap your crew inside. Jeremiah looks enraged and brandishes his pickaxe, causing the supersoldiers to each aim their weapons at him. The other miners get up, clutching their own picks. What are you talking about?!?! There was a monster! WE SAW IT WITH OUR OWN EYES! WE NEED HELP!! PEOPLE ARE STILL ALIVE DOWN THERE! Aurum grins and gently licks his lips before speaking. You will be paid an extra 15 percent for your paycheck this month, then you will be fired. You will never speak of this. This pushes poor Mr. Fray over the edge, and the man lunges at Aurum, planning to break Aurum's skull.

Aurum raises a hand, and the metal pickaxe stays suspended in the air. Jeremiah growls and frowns as he looks into Aurum's eyes, his feet off the ground, still clutching his pickaxe. Aurum points his hand back, and Jeremiah goes flying back and hits a wall, for Aurum had caused the picaxe to rotate incredible quickly, throwing off the miner. Next, Aurum sends the pickaxe flying towards Jeremiah, the blade smashing into the wall by his neck, pinning Mr. Fray to the wall. He then utters a command to his soldiers. ...Kill them. Kill them now. All of them. Then dispose of the bodies. He turns around and moves towards the copter as bullets fly into the air and screams eventually die down, blood splattered against the rock.

The soldiers get rid of the miners by dumping them off in the forest quickly. After removing the blood from the bullets, they get into the copter. It would look just like an earthquake to any passerby. No survivors. The missilecopter lifted off and flew back to Frontier Industries.

Just another day for Aurum Mortemus.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

((Cripes, Hatter, you can write...!!))
    [DINING HALL]

"R-right...Right, yeah," Rip stammers, his nerves calming somewhat at her sobering words. "I'll just have to deal with it...and I'll do what I can to make my presence, umm...tolerable, I guess."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Yep. Not gonna be easy..." Kaden mutters after Kedra wanders out of sight. Having a leader was going to take some adjustment - for the leader and the follower alike.
    "Yikes, no kidding...Remind me to be extra careful around her."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, Team Maverick," Meridian tells the four students before him, "please take your seats. Don't fret, everyone; we're almost finished here. Just a few more teams, and then I'll bring this thing to a close." True to his word, the Headmaster announces four or five more teams (again, it depends on who you ask) before beginning his wrap-up statement. "OK, I believe that's everybody covered...If your name was not called, please speak to one of the senior staff after this. Now, I'm sure you're all anxious to be done with this and get back to your lives, so I'll try to keep this brief.

"I believe it's safe to say that you all share a sense of accomplishment at being accepted to this academy, and you certainly deserve it. Understand, though, that these are yet humble beginnings, that you are still only trainees...and that future endeavors will continue to try your bodies, minds, and spirits, forcing you to reach for still-greater heights. Keep this in mind as your first term with us begins, and don't be afraid to communicate with your instructors as well as your fellow classmates. After all, as the saying goes: 'the best teacher is also a student'. Thank you for your time, and good fortune to all of you in the days to come. Now, eat your fill and get some rest; the semester begins soon, and you'll need all the energy you can get."

Finally, the Headmaster turns off the microphone he's been using to project his voice throughout the hall and leaves the stage, signaling the end of the acceptance ceremony. Within a few seconds, the cacophony of idle banter and such that normally permeates the dining hall will build to usual levels as students discuss their challenges from that morning, not to mention sharing gossip about some of the instructors and their methods of teaching. Rip will maintain silence throughout, mainly responding only when addressed directly; though he will have just as much to think about as anyone else, his mind will be focused inward, both curious and anxious about how he will end up fitting into the grand scheme for the next four years...

[Welcome to Sanctum: EVENT CLEAR!!]
    As Kitty glanced around the table at her teammates, it was debatable as to if she could grin any harder. However, if one were to look really closely, and were astute at reading faces, one might notice a slight undercurrent of relief there. It was something she tried to keep hidden, after all, if someone noticed, then they would start asking questions, and she didn't want to disrupt the festive atmosphere. Instead, noticing Cael dart off back to the dorms, she stood up to gather a bunch of cookies and pastries before following.

However, before she left for the dorms, she was caught by Alex.

"Alright then, you guys ready! Team Relic report to the barracks, on the double!"
    "Yes, captain!" Kitty said, throwing a sharp salute. Relaxing, she jokingly added, "I think Cael is a few steps ahead of us."

With a smile on her face she heads to their dorm rooms. Upon reaching them she comes up behind Cael and picks her up in a big bear hug. "Well, busy bee you couldn't wait for us? the dorms weren't going anywhere you know." After letting her struggle for a little Alex would put her back down on the ground.
    Kitty grinned as she entered the dorm room, noting it was the same one they were in the previous night, minus Rebecca. This had the added bonus of not having to pack up and move ... again. So instead, she hopped up onto her bed (directly above Caelynn) and dumped her load of sweets, offering one to anyone who wanted one.

"So, Azzie," she said, munching on an oatmeal-raisin cookie. "Have you met Alex and Cael yet?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show