New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Shin Megami Tensei FS, Season 2

LAST TIME ON SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI FS! What was a normal day is thrown into disarray at the opening shots of the War of Dominion, a brutal war of demon and humanity for domination of the city of Edmonton! Taking control of their school, City Hall, and the Riverside Golf Course, our heroes have already made a pretty strong hold for themselves in a single day! But what will the rest of the war hold for them? The demonic forces are growing by the day...TUNE IN NOW, TO FIND OUT!

Episode 8!

Opening Theme: [ambigious]

You all awaken to the sound of dinner bells, as the Deva chefs cook up a wonderful feast of victory! There are foods too plentiful to list, but suffice to say you can find whatever you wish to devour here. The Deva's who fought with you sit at the head of the massive table that the Bakasura test took place at, eating hand fulls of food at a time.

Seamus, Mimmi, and Daniel, you're all eating MUCH more food then you normally would. Daniel, you know why you and Mimmi are, but neither of you (Seamus included) have any idea why Seamus is eating as much as he is.

Daniel, the reason why you and Mimmi are eating so much is because of the repeated use of magical and chi abilities during the last day. You're used to eating this much after intense training. You can easily tell that Mimmi isn't.

Yuri, by your estimate, Mimmi and Daniel are eating as much as Seamus normally would, and Seamus is eating more then the three of you combined would.

And with that...go at it! Interact and stuff!

also here's a link to thread 1
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-03-11 at 10:33 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Shin Megami Tensei FS, Season 2

Yuri takes another bite, then puts down his knife and fork. He leans back and relaxes in a new, clean suit. "This is wonderful, but far too much food for me. I haven't had a meal like this since I was last home..." He looks at Mimmi and Daniel. "Man, you guys sure are eating a lot. Where the hell do you put it all?"
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Mimmi stops and looks at her once again newly filled plate as if she hadn't realised it until now.

I don't know. All I know is I-I really want to eat more.

She then proceeds to stuff half a bowl of freshly cut sallad into her mouth.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

NecromancerGuy

"Punching Evil in the snout is hungry work. Either that, or someone slipped us magical tapeworms."

Seamus picks up a massive hoagie easily the size of Mimmi's head and holds it up with a spoon full of mustard in his other hand.

"What's that sandwich? More mustard? Good idea! Nom nom nom, om nom!"

Seamus points the half-devoured sandwich at Yuri as he finishes chewing and swallowing.

"I think the real question is, where is your appetite, Yuri? Need lots of iron and meat to replace all that blood! Come, have a steak!"

With this he picks up a plate with a massive T-bone steak and passes it towards Yuri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Daniel briefly looks up from his food, shrugging. Heavy use of magic burns a lot of energy. He then continues eating.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #6

Indra laughs as you all eat, clearly amused by it all. All the Deva's appear to be eating at the same level as Seamus, even the smaller ones. "So, warriors! Tell me of your exploits? You were all exhausted when you returned, it's only true and proper to give us the tale of how you slew our greatest enemy once and for all!"

7. - Top - End - #7

NecromancerGuy

"Wait, if it's because of magic use, then why isn't Yuri affected? He's a financial wizard, after all! har-har-har"

Seamus belts out a full-belly-laugh and slaps the table.

"But, seriously, all I did was beat the crap out of things and people and more things, not shoot fire everywhere. If this what kind of appetite combat brings, MREs must be super dense to fit in enough calories..."

Seamus shrugs and resumes eating an entire hand of bananas. At Indra's query he stops for a moment, thinking about how to phrase it all.

"Well, I guess we fought a giant worm-monster's tentacles and this pair calling themselves Rip and Tear and then one got away and we went to the river and the giant Crocodile Man came and we rode him and fought the snake monster and then we got to the golf course easily enough after that, aside from getting wet. Once we got there, we got attacked by a couple of crazy golem Baka Bots that looked like someone tried to recreate those Rip and Tear characters. Oh, yeah, and a golfer. Wait a minute. ..."

Seamus stops for a moment and stares before facepalming.

"We forgot the golfer! Also, Jade. No idea where she ran off to, but I guess it let us get closer to them so they'd stop shooting things at us from far away."

Seamus stops and blanches before absent-mindedly picking up a bagel and chewing on it between thoughts.

"I hope none of them got eaten by gribblies in the night..."
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuri pushes the steak away and pats his stomach. "No, Macky, I don't think I can eat anything else; you go right ahead."

He turns to the Devas. "Mostly I just shot things until they stopped moving. We got this golfer, Kingsley, to surrender, but I don't know where he went off to. We freed Vulcan from the forge where he'd been tied up, and this new kid Danny here took on Virochana one on one. Killed him pretty quick when Mimmi pulled the old bastard's domain out from under him."

"Financial wizard, eh? Hey, I'm no accountant! I'm just good at getting other people to give me their money." Yuri grins.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #9

Varuna raises his hand, holding a goblet of wine, the tiny form of Sobek swimming in it "To our victors. Though hearing that the champion Virochana recruited still lives is distressing. Perhaps after the feast, we shall head to the look out on the roof, see if we can spot him?"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-03-10 at 09:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Well, w-we bound him together with one of their soldiers. Perhaps Vulcan or Jian Bing found them by now.

Feeling a bit more replenished, Mimmi tries out a new thing. Holding her palm outstretched, she concentrates immensely on a pineapple at the other end of the table. Pouring her magic into small, glowing circles around her fingertips, she slowly wills the pineapple to rise into the air. The fruit starts to approach her, slowly and unsteadily at first, but then faster, until it flies at her and she clumsily has to catch it before it hits her face.

Whoa.

Mimmi proceeds to take a knife and cut the pineapple into thick slices. Taking a bite out of one, she turns up again.

Okay, let's go.

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Okay! After everyone has eaten their fill, they head up to the very roof of the revolving restaurant. The sky is clear and blue, and the view across the city is actually quite beautiful. Of course, if you look closely, you can see the hidden damage throughout, the slowly crumbling corners of the city.

There are two sets of binoculars facing north, south, east, and west that can be used to see into the distance. Yuri, you're pretty sure your sniper scope would probably be stronger, so you could just use that instead if you wanted.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Mimmi looks through the east binoculars toward the golf club.

Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Mimmi, you look toward the golf course. You can see Jian Bing lounging around in the crater he had made, and see smoke rising from Vulcan's forge (clearly working on whatever Yuri's requested). Looking where the golfer, Kingsley, was tied up, you see only a torn rope. He appears to have escaped. You can do a perception check to try and see if you see any smaller clues as to how he escaped. It's still pretty far away after all, binoculars or not.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Not good.

Mimmi tries to discern any details in the scene.

Perception check
    Positive: (1d6)[5]
    Negative: (1d6)[1]
    AV: 8

Total: 12
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-03-11 at 11:41 AM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Looking at it closely, you can barely make out a few scorch marks near the torn ropes. It appears that Anala and Anila freed him.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuri puts the safety on his rifle and looks down towards the golf course through the scope.

Escaped? Well, that's no good. I suppose it's still better than killing him, though...

He scans around in the other directions, taking his time to cover as much area as possible.

Perception
    Pos: (1d6)[1]
    Neg: (1d6)[3]
    AV is 9
    Total: 6
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-03-11 at 01:34 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #17

Yuri, you don't really see anything else at the golf course that Mimmi hasn't. However, scanning the four corners, you do see a few things. To the north, you see your school. From the looks of it, Suzi is organizing the fortification of the walls and entrances and stuff, making it a more defensible position.

To the west, you see a few fire fights, a few roaming monstrous looking creatures that, sadly to your estimate, even if you went as fast as you could, you wouldn't be able to assist in. Lives slipping through the cracks.

To the south, however, you see something very interesting. A large crowd of what must be a hundred people. They're wearing cobbled together armour, with a mixture of animal fur and actual pieces of armour, be it real steel or leather or just protective pads from sports and such, all congregating. Looking at it closer, you can see that they're armed to the teeth with home fashioned axes and swords. In the center of them all is a large stage, made from the flatbed of four semi trucks. Standing on it is a line of people you recognize as being grunts of the Asura, bound in chains and severely beaten.

Moving about the stage is a man in large, professional looking armour, a great combination of animal furs and plates of metal. He also wears a simple leather brown cloak draped over his shoulders, hood over his head obscuring his face. By his side, holding a large sword, is a simple looking man in strong, sturdy looking armour, a diagonal scar on his face. He's standing at attention, while the other figure is walking around, seemingly delivering a speech.

Yuri, I'd like you to make a perception check.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-03-11 at 02:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

The hell? What's that?

"Hey, look at this! They've got a big mob down there."
    Yuri waves the rest over to the south.

He narrows his eyes when he sees the hooded man, and starts to scowl. Is that...

Perception
    For: (1d6)[5]
    Pos: (1d6)[2]
    Neg: (1d6)[4]
    AV is 9
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-03-11 at 02:28 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Mimmi looks through the southern binoculars, trying to pinpoint the mob.

Perception check
    Positive: (1d6)[5]
    Negative: (1d6)[1]
    AV: 8

Last edited by Teddy; 2014-03-11 at 02:42 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Mimmi, you find the mob that Yuri spotted. As your eyes fixate on the stage, the hooded man removes said hood, showing he has a relatively large looking winged helmet underneath. The man's face is strong and forceful, as if made of aged rock, with a large beard. One of his eyes is covered by an eyepatch. He points to one of the Asura bandits in the line and he steps forward. The other figure hefts his sword and, with a swing, beheads the bandit in an instant.

Yuri:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the hood comes down you see the man's face. It's the American spy that killed your family. Worse still, as the second figure beheads the Asura bandit, you realize you recognize his face as well, aside from the scar on it. It's your brother.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

A one-eyed man? Could this be Odin?

Info/Occult check
    Positive: (1d6)[3]
    Negative: (1d6)[3]
    AV: 15

Total: 15
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-03-11 at 03:01 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuri audibly snarls when the man removes his hood. He flicks the safety off of his rifle and aims down the sights. "I've got you now, scum..."

Just as he's about to pull the trigger, though, his eyes widen, and he slumps back with a confused expression. That can't be... no, I s-saw him... Dmitri...
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-03-11 at 03:20 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    A one-eyed man? Could this be Odin?

Total: 15
    Why yes Mimmi, looking at him, you're fairly confident that this guy is Odin.

At Odin's command, the second of fourth Asura bandits steps up, and is summarily executed by the second figure.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Seems the Norse gods have decided to s-strike back on the Asura now that Virochana is out of the picture.

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuri stares at the rifle and halfheartedly mumbles his words, his mind clearly elsewhere. "We should... go down and do... stuff... help them out, maybe..."

I've got to find out what's going on... If Dmitri's alive... no, I'm not going to think that. Not worth going through that again. He's dead... Let the dead rest, Yuri...

Yuri suddenly stands up, returning to a more normal demeanor. He still seems a bit detached, but not lethargically so. "We should go down and see what's going on. I'd like to get a little closer look at that one-eyed man down there, and his little executioner."
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #26

Mimmi, if you're still watching (and to anyone else who's using binoculars to look at the situation), when Yuri says "little executioner", said executioner swings and beheads the third Asura member.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Gruesome.
    Mimmi frowns and steps back from the binoculars.

Before w-we go...

She turns to the Devas.

We fulfilled our part of the deal, you promised us your aid.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Indra bows, though he's still taller then Mimmi while stooped "Of course. What do you wish of us?"

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGuy

"Well, I think we were initially wanting to keep you from allying with those Ring weirdos and find out who started all this and why and if kicking their asses would prevent an alternative to having to go through and personally kick the ass of every wannabe demonlord, cultist, and god in the city who manages to find a site."

Seamus shrugs and scratches the back of his head, rustling his mane.

"So, uh, I suppose don't help those Ring people out if they come by... And since apparently there's only one way to resolve all this and that's to finish the fight, any knowledge you'd have of any other factions out there we're likely to run into close at hand would be good... as well as any assistance with protecting our more vulnerable sites, like the one at City Hall and maybe the School. I'm sure we might think of something else and need some way to get into contact with you all as we go along though."

Seamus grits his teeth in concentration, as if sure he was forgetting something, tapping the side of his cheek as he pauses in thought.

"For now though I suppose we could do with any info you have on that Odin guy and where we can find him if they manage to disperse completely before we can get over there to axe them some questions. Though I suppose we might need to borrow an axe in that case."

He reaches up to pat his sword.

"Not that there's anything wrong with you, swordy buddy."
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30

The katana's eye gives off the expression of a smile, and it gently scuttles around on Seamus' shoulder in the way that would be understood as "it's okay".

Indra responds, taking out a small golden pin that is in the shape of a lightning bolt. "Simply hold that and call my name, and you will be able to contact me."

In response to Seamus' question about other factions, Indra responds "I can tell you what I know. I know in the place you know as 'West Edmonton Mall' there is a Domain, run by an army of Oni. My scouts have also reported the activities of that faction known as The Ring. They appear to be...building something, in the south."

To anyone still observing, the final Asuran Bandit is decapitated. You can almost hear the cheers from the crowd of ruffians.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-03-16 at 01:41 AM.