New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Shooting Swords, and Other Fun Things

The Faker

Background: A Faker is a special kind of mage. From a horrible past, they grew into the dream of being The Hero. A Faker is a self-trained magic-user, that focused solely on the few types of magic they could do.
    Races: Any race can theoretically produce a faker, though all Fakers currently in existence are Human.
    Other Classes: Because of the inflexibility in their magical options, Fakers are generally looked down upon by other spellcasting or psionic classes. Meanwhile, Fakers can become invaluable ranged support against magic-resistant enemies.
    Role: A Faker is usually a long-range bombarder, but can go close-ranged if necessary.
    Fakers in the World: Fakers are almost always orphaned, sometimes adopted. A Faker rarely has any surviving parental figure by adolescence, and most live in suburban areas.
    Inspiration: Shirou Emiya from Fate/Stay Night

Alignment: Any Good
    Starting Gold: 1d6 x 10gp (max 60gp)
    Starting Age: Adult (as barbarian)
    Hit die: d6
    Skill points: 2 + Int
    Skill points first level: 4 x (2 + Int)

Class Skills: A Faker has access to the following skills: Autohypnosis (wis), Craft (int), Intimidate (cha), Knowledge - Arcana (int), Listen (wis), Profession (wis), Sense Motive (wis), Use Magic Device (cha)

{table=head] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special
    1 | +1 | +0 | +2 | +2 | Sword Memorization, Create Sword, Enhanced Weaponry, Sword Shot
    2 | +2 | +0 | +3 | +3 | Reinforcement +1
    3 | +3 | +1 | +3 | +3 | Combat Stance
    4 | +4 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Create Masterwork Sword
    5 | +5 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Reinforcement +2
    6 | +6/+1 | +2 | +5 | +5 |
    7 | +7/+2 | +2 | +5 | +5 | Modified Arrows
    8 | +8/+3 | +2 | +6 | +6 | Reinforcement +3
    9 | +9/+4 | +3 | +6 | +6 | Greater Combat Stance
    10 | +10/+5 | +3 | +7 | +7 | Create Noble Phantasm
    11 | +11/+6/+1 | +3 | +7 | +7 | Reinforcement +4
    12 | +12/+7/+2 | +4 | +8 | +8 | Bladed Body
    13 | +13/+8/+3 | +4 | +8 | +8 |
    14 | +14/+9/+4 | +4 | +9 | +9 | Reinforcement +5
    15 | +15/+10/+5 | +5 | +9 | +9 | Perfect Combat Stance
    16 | +16/+11/+6/+1 | +5 | +10 | +10 |
    17 | +17/+12/+7/+2 | +5 | +10 | +10 | Reinforcement +6
    18 | +18/+13/+8/+3 | +6 | +11 | +11 | Arrow Swords
    19 | +19/+14/+9/+4 | +6 | +11 | +11 |
    20 | +20/+15/+10/+5 | +6 | +12 | +12 | Reinforcement +7, Unlimited Blade Works
    [/table]

Class Features:
    All of the following are class features of Coco.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Faker is proficient with no melee weapons (at first) bows.

Sword Memorization (ex): A Faker has access to the amazing ability of remembering swords he has seen before. As a move action, a Faker may study a bladed weapon he can see. From then on, he intimately has knowledge of that weapon, and is proficient with it.

Create Sword (sp): A Faker can reproduce any weapon he has memorized through his Sword Memorization ability. As a move action, he can create up to his Faker level in copies of weapons he has already memorized. When he creates these weapons, he has two choices of where he makes them. He can make them in his hands, or make them floating in the air. He can only create weapons in unoccupied hands.

All weapons made by this ability lose 3 hitpoints at the end of every turn. If they break, then they completely disappear as if by the disintegrate spell. A Faker cannot make masterwork or enhanced weapons with this ability.

A Faker may make arrows for a bow in this fashion.

Enhanced Weaponry (sp): Every day, a Faker can create a certain amount of weapons with enhancement bonuses. If the Faker has memorized a weapon with an enhancement bonus, then he can recreate it as per the Create Sword ability. However, he gains 1 tiredness point per enhancement level.

If his tiredness points outnumber his level, the Faker immediately falls asleep. He loses 1 point of tiredness/hour, and wakes up when his tiredness is equal to his level. Whenever a Faker gets a full night’s rest, his tiredness is reset.

A Faker cannot recreate a weapon’s special abilities (such as flaming) with this effect.

Sword Shot (sp): A Faker can shoot the swords he creates at opponents. If the Faker creates floating weapons as per the Create Sword ability, he can immediately take a free action to shoot them at an opponent. Doing so replicates the effects of the psionic power telekinetic thrust on the weapons.

Reinforcement (sp): A Faker can fill in the small gaps in the matter of a substance with magic energy. Starting at 2nd level, a faker may gain 1 tiredness point and give a +1 bonus (not enhancement) to his own AC, or the hardness of an object. At 4th level, and every 3rd level after that, he may spend 1 additional point to add 1 to the bonus given. The bonuses from Reinforcement overlap.

Combat Stance (ex): At 3rd level, a Faker begins to develop a close-ranged combat stance. He gains the two-weapon fighting feat.

Create Masterwork Sword (sp): At 4th level, a Faker begins to learn how to modify weapons he has memorized to make them better. He may gain a tiredness point to make any weapon he creates via other class abilities Masterwork.

Modified Arrows (sp): At 7th level, a Faker gains the ability to create arrows with special qualities. He can add any single special ability to an arrow he creates with Create Sword, and he gains tiredness points equal to the equivalent enhancement bonus of that ability.

Greater Combat Stance (ex): At 9th level and beyond, while fighting with two melee weapons, a Faker can use one for attack and one for defence. He can forfeit all attacks with his secondary weapon for a turn, If he does, then he can parry an opponent with his secondary weapon as if he had Improved Parry.

Create Noble Phantasm (sp): Starting at 10th level, a Faker can recreate any sword he lays eyes upon. Create Enhanced Weapons also no longer ignores special effects. For example, a level 11 Faker can recreate a +3 Shock Flaming Greatsword he has seen for 3 tiredness points.

Bladed Body (sp): At 12th level, the Faker has a self-realization. If he chants uninterrupted for 2 rounds, he can enter the Bladed Body state. In this state, if an object attempts to hit him, it is deflected after touching him. Therefore, he takes 1 nonlethal damage from any melee attack. Also, any object/person that tries to touch him takes 1d6 damage. While in this state, the Faker gains 1 tiredness point/round. He immediately leaves this state once he falls asleep from tiredness.

Perfect Combat Stance (ex): A Faker’s melee stance is perfected. It purposefully leaves openings to exploit, then blocks those openings. Anyone attacking the Faker while he is wielding 2 bladed weapons loses their BAB to attack roles.

Arrow Swords (sp): A Faker can modify swords to become arrows. He can shoot any sword he creates with a Faker ability from a bow as though it were an arrow. If he does so, the bow’s range is treated as 50 feet greater, and the sword does an extra 4d6 (piercing) damage.

Unlimited Blade Works (su): A Faker, at level 20, becomes so convinced with his view of the world that he can project it onto reality. He creates an extradimensional space in a 30-foot radius from his position. The inside space seems to be a neverending sparse field littered with swords. The space seems to be a dark hemisphere from the outside. This space has a number of special qualities:
    • No contact with other planes can be made. Therefore, you cannot escape by moving to another plane. Also, you cannot summon outsiders into the space.
    • Any attempt to teleport to the outside of the space will result in failure.
    • There are no landmarks on the field to be aware of. Thus, any attempt to teleport into the space will deposit the teleporter at some other identical-seeming place on the plane.
    • While inside the space, the Faker that created the space cannot gain tiredness points from other class abilities.

Every turn that Unlimited Blade Works is sustained gives the Faker that made it 5 tiredness points.
    Last edited by 1pwny; 2014-03-20 at 07:41 PM.
    I do stuff.

I usually log on, look at some threads, post, watch for few minutes, then leave and come back the next day. If I don't respond to your replies immediately, don't take offence.

My Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Shooting Swords, and Other Fun Things

... So for a race like the Warforged, which doesn't sleep, would this class make them sleep anyway?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

They would be put into an unresponsive meditative state which they could not be disturbed from. That state would work like the sleep does.
    I do stuff.

I usually log on, look at some threads, post, watch for few minutes, then leave and come back the next day. If I don't respond to your replies immediately, don't take offence.

4. - Top - End - #4

Maybe you should specific that in class so that there are no misunderstandings.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe I should.
    I do stuff.