New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

So I was thinking about "death battle math" recently and then I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Well the strongest hulks ever gotten was at the end of the world war hulk story. His every step shook the earth, and he fought The Senrty to a draw, both of whom became exhausted and depowered.

By the way the sentry has the power of "one million exploding suns"
    Just remember that Hulk fought him to a stand still, after taking a Black Bolt scream to the face and then beating up just about every living mutant and essentially conquering the earth.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Sentry's power fluctuates based on how well he's holding himself together and he was having a pretty bad day before trying to stop his best/only friend from murdering everyone in a arena. Hulk was definitely at planet buster level for that fight but Sentry wasn't anywhere near full power.
    Spoiler
    Show

He's also used long-range teleportation, instant matter creation, and has ludicrous levels of regeneration.
    Last edited by Chives; 2016-01-06 at 09:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Chives View Post
    Sentry's power fluctuates based on how well he's holding himself together and he was having a pretty bad day.
    Spoiler: off-topic
    Show
    So Sentry is like a reversed Jackie Chan character?
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2016-01-06 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

So we have had Batman VS Spiderman, and me and a few of my friends were thinking about how the fights would go along the whole bat-spider familly spectrum. The obvious thoughts were immediately Ben Riley VS Nightwing, followed by Kaine vs Red Hood. Then things get hard to find the right parallels for the match ups. Miles Morales vs Damian Wayne also seemed pretty clear, or should it be Damian vs Mayday Parker Spiderwoman. Or do we go with Huntress vs Mayday? Spider Man 2099 vs Terry McGinnis also seems pretty clear, if wildly one sided. From there however we are getting stumped. Anyone else have some thoughts. Also once we work out the individual match ups I'm wondering how an all out brawl between all of the above would go.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Spider woman vs batwoman.

Both are dirivitive characters who have nothing to do with the male originals.

Barbra gordon Batgirl vs spidergwen

Because both characters are just awesome.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2016-01-07 at 01:17 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Keep in mind Sentry is nowhere near the only dude Hulk fought that day. He may have been the strongest but hundreds of capes went up against him and he fought them off dozens at once.

You would need someone of around Supermans tier to effectively beat him, at minimum. At least consistently. It's not just that Hulk can withstand those blows or casually cause earthquakes, or even that his individual blows are super strong. It's that when he works himself up to that level, he can do that consistently. He grabbed two halves of a cracked planet and forced them together again, as a random example. You could maybe get a decent Green Lantern to take it, simply because the rings utility allows that kind of similar feat. But at that point you're still in cosmic scale, even if a GL is probably on the lower tier of a "proper" cosmic character by comparison to Superman.

As for Spiders vs Bats: The spiders always take it on sheer physical power and speed, which was why Pete took it to begin with. Some of them may not be "as strong" or "as fast" as Peter but the man can lift tens of tons even before he was done with puberty can casually dodges autofire shots. Even being one tenth of that will put you into a solid superhuman category. Being one HUNDREDTH of that is usually where secondary bat characters are, since that's still like a three hundred pound deadlift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Keep in mind Sentry is nowhere near the only dude Hulk fought that day. He may have been the strongest but hundreds of capes went up against him and he fought them off dozens at once.

You would need someone of around Supermans tier to effectively beat him, at minimum. At least consistently. It's not just that Hulk can withstand those blows or casually cause earthquakes, or even that his individual blows are super strong. It's that when he works himself up to that level, he can do that consistently. He grabbed two halves of a cracked planet and forced them together again, as a random example. You could maybe get a decent Green Lantern to take it, simply because the rings utility allows that kind of similar feat. But at that point you're still in cosmic scale, even if a GL is probably on the lower tier of a "proper" cosmic character by comparison to Superman.

As for Spiders vs Bats: The spiders always take it on sheer physical power and speed, which was why Pete took it to begin with. Some of them may not be "as strong" or "as fast" as Peter but the man can lift tens of tons even before he was done with puberty can casually dodges autofire shots. Even being one tenth of that will put you into a solid superhuman category. Being one HUNDREDTH of that is usually where secondary bat characters are, since that's still like a three hundred pound deadlift.
    Also as someone mentioned above the Sentry has what could be described as an "Anti Hulk calming aura" to add into it.

Also I agree with that for the most part, but not all the spiders are created equal or have equal feats. Particularly I think Nightwing might be able to take Scarlet Spider, and I feel like Kaine vs Red Hood is balanced out by the fact that Red Hood is something of a renagade what with his willingness to pop a cap in people.

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Spider woman vs batwoman.

Both are dirivitive characters who have nothing to do with the male originals.

Barbra gordon Batgirl vs spidergwen

Because both characters are just awesome.

I was thinking Black Bat vs Spidergwen myself. Well either Gwen or Silk I suppose. Hmm, where do we fit spoiler in here?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sentry's a bad fanfiction character that we're all lucky to be rid of though. The guy's powers changed almost in every appearance. They kept trying to act like he was the second coming when he never did anything of not in story.

And then that horrible Horrible HORRIBLE funeral issue. Oh god I hate that character.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Someone I'd like to see by I'm not sure who to pair him up against:

Jackie Chan from the Jackie Chan Adventures Cartoon.

Take Jackie Chan, minus the movie star aspect, add badass archaeologist, keep all the crazy martial arts, and then give him the 12 Talismans from the show. That gives him:

• Levitation, including on himself and others.
    • Super strength
    • Invisibility
    • Ability to instantly heal himself or others.
    • Astral Projection
    • Explosive energy blasts
    • Polymorph self or anyone else into animal of his choosing
    • Immortality and limitless youthful energy
    • Heat vision
    • Ability to animate objects and give them sentience
    • Super speed
    • Spiritual balance

Maybe versus the main character from Xiaolin Showdown and some of his various artifacts?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Someone I'd like to see by I'm not sure who to pair him up against:

Jackie Chan from the Jackie Chan Adventures Cartoon.

Take Jackie Chan, minus the movie star aspect, add badass archaeologist, keep all the crazy martial arts, and then give him the 12 Talismans from the show. That gives him:

• Levitation, including on himself and others.
    • Super strength
    • Invisibility
    • Ability to instantly heal himself or others.
    • Astral Projection
    • Explosive energy blasts
    • Polymorph self or anyone else into animal of his choosing
    • Immortality and limitless youthful energy
    • Heat vision
    • Ability to animate objects and give them sentience
    • Super speed
    • Spiritual balance

Maybe versus the main character from Xiaolin Showdown and some of his various artifacts?
    Hmm... Jackie vs the Joker? Jackie vs Deadpool? I'm really not sure where to put Jackie power-wise... won't he be physically invincible with Horse's instantaneous healing and barely taggable with Rooster + Dog's superspeed?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post

Also I agree with that for the most part, but not all the spiders are created equal or have equal feats. Particularly I think Nightwing might be able to take Scarlet Spider, and I feel like Kaine vs Red Hood is balanced out by the fact that Red Hood is something of a renagade what with his willingness to pop a cap in people.
    Death Battles assume bloodlust going in. So Red Hood having a killer instinct isn't really a game changer.

Nightwing can't beat Reilly for the same reason Batman can't beat Peter: SS's powers are so far beyond Nightwings that whatever miscellanious gadgets he can bring in won't nearly tip it in his favor. It's just a simple case of the guy who can punch through a solid foot of concrete and dodge bullets being so much physically better unless you have your own powers on the same level to them or acting as a hard counter you won't get anywhere.
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

12. - Top - End - #12

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    The Sentry's a bad fanfiction character that we're all lucky to be rid of though. The guy's powers changed almost in every appearance. They kept trying to act like he was the second coming when he never did anything of not in story.

And then that horrible Horrible HORRIBLE funeral issue. Oh god I hate that character.
    He got removed?

Well, I think the whole point of Sentry was basically a character who can best be described as Marvel's "Silver Age" Superman from what I kept hearing about him.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post

The Sentry was supposed to be a subversion of the overpowered Mary Sue character, what with the whole
    Spoiler: Spoiler for something from years ago
    Show
    really being a homeless man who snuck into a chemical factory to get high, and his main villain really being his own mental instability personified.
    Whether it actually worked or not is a matter of some debate.
    Last edited by Professor Gnoll; 2016-01-20 at 06:54 PM.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

GnomeWizardGuy

Nightwing can't beat Reilly for the same reason Batman can't beat Peter: SS's powers are so far beyond Nightwings that whatever miscellanious gadgets he can bring in won't nearly tip it in his favor. It's just a simple case of the guy who can punch through a solid foot of concrete and dodge bullets being so much physically better unless you have your own powers on the same level to them or acting as a hard counter you won't get anywhere.
    I'd say it is probably the Spider Sense being almost a pure auto-counter for anything the Bat family can cook up. Even if Batman has EXACTLY the right tool for the job and EXACTLY the right time to throw it out, Spider Sense can pick up on it and the reflexes will dodge to avoid the worst from it. Add in that the Spider family has stamina that just won't quit, letting them get back up again and again, and any straight fist fight just isn't going to work out for the Bat family.

Batman's best ability involves tracking down and finding out information. Spider-Man's best ability involves taking everything throwing at him and getting back up. If we're talking just punching each other, there isn't much question which will win (unless we are waiting for the "decide to team up against real badguy" moment).
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    I'd say it is probably the Spider Sense being almost a pure auto-counter for anything the Bat family can cook up. Even if Batman has EXACTLY the right tool for the job and EXACTLY the right time to throw it out, Spider Sense can pick up on it and the reflexes will dodge to avoid the worst from it. Add in that the Spider family has stamina that just won't quit, letting them get back up again and again, and any straight fist fight just isn't going to work out for the Bat family.

Batman's best ability involves tracking down and finding out information. Spider-Man's best ability involves taking everything throwing at him and getting back up. If we're talking just punching each other, there isn't much question which will win (unless we are waiting for the "decide to team up against real badguy" moment).
    Too be fair though, you could wallpaper a factory with screen shots of spiderman getting cold cocked by various tricks and traps, spider sense or not. It warns him that danger is approaching, not what it is, or even really WHERE it is. Its hardly an immunity to getting hit by anything. Yeah in a straight up fist fight, unless you can overpower, or outspeed him, his spider sense is going to give him a massive boost, but honestly? I see batman specifically planning around this if he knew of it. He would likely setup a trap where there are too many attacks coming in at once to dodge them all, or finding a way to hide the incoming attack so even though he gets a warning, he cant spot the danger till it hits him. Something along those lines. Going in blind would make things harder, but spiderman sucks at keeping his mouth shut, and nightwing isnt stupid. He would probably learn about his SS and figure out its weakness fairly quick.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

It's just not a medium that favors the Bat family, or anyone else who relies on planning and strategy. In an actual story Batman would research Spidey in advance and have some plan to counter his strengths. In a deathbattle you're just taking two power sets, completely stripping all but the most superficial aspects of their character, and throwing them into an arena.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    It's just not a medium that favors the Bat family, or anyone else who relies on planning and strategy. In an actual story Batman would research Spidey in advance and have some plan to counter his strengths. In a deathbattle you're just taking two power sets, completely stripping all but the most superficial aspects of their character, and throwing them into an arena.
    Thats completely true. Both go into it blind, and neither actually acts like their character beyond a few bits and pieces. If they actually met and both felt homicidal, I would give the early edge to spiderman due to his enhanced stats and spider sense. But batman is really hard to pin down, he would retreat and use what he learned from spiderman being unable to stfu to create one of those plans I mentioned earlier then come back and likely win. But thats assuming he could escape in the first place from a murderous spiderman. So yeah, web boy has the edge.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Spider-Man is capable of coming up with countermeasures for his opponents too, even if he doesn't usually have Batman-level resources to do it with. Granted, Batman is versatile enough that even if Spider-Man comes back with e.g. special lenses and a breath mask after seeing Batman use smoke bombs, it doesn't hurt him much.

I'd say a bigger issue is that if Spider-Man is ever pushed far enough that he wants to kill someone, he stops joking around and gets way stronger, faster and more perceptive. That is, in a fight to the death you're not just facing regular Spidey. You're facing "lifts a skyscraper then disables ten bombs in two seconds" Spidey.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Too be fair though, you could wallpaper a factory with screen shots of spiderman getting cold cocked by various tricks and traps, spider sense or not. It warns him that danger is approaching, not what it is, or even really WHERE it is. Its hardly an immunity to getting hit by anything. Yeah in a straight up fist fight, unless you can overpower, or outspeed him, his spider sense is going to give him a massive boost, but honestly? I see batman specifically planning around this if he knew of it. He would likely setup a trap where there are too many attacks coming in at once to dodge them all, or finding a way to hide the incoming attack so even though he gets a warning, he cant spot the danger till it hits him. Something along those lines. Going in blind would make things harder, but spiderman sucks at keeping his mouth shut, and nightwing isnt stupid. He would probably learn about his SS and figure out its weakness fairly quick.
    Well to be doubly fair it's not as if Batman hasn't been taken down in the first round so to speak of an act, got blind sided himself, or hasn't had one of his infamous traps or ambushes countered before either. As far as Spidey sense goes it's kind of toss up, and it's exact utility is going to depend to largely depend on what's narrative convenient for that panel, just like a lot of attributes of superheroes who have managed through most of the comic ages. Keep in mind however that stuff like him dodging out of the way of a unseen sniper or knowing to escape from a building rigged to explode by hidden bombs with no other kind of forewarning is the kind of stuff you can routinely see in his comics. Planning around spider sense tends to be easier said then done. Plenty of super geniuses with resources matching and even exceeding Bruce Wayne, far more regular access to more then mundane technology, manpower, and decades to refine the strategies they use have been trying to do this without consistent results. This isn't to say that Batman isn't top tier when it comes to this sort of thing within the conceits of his fictional world but quite a few of spidey's rogue gallery aren't slouches either and have their own advantages, which isn't even getting into Doctor Doom or The Kingpin.

Not to come as confrontational either but "Throw a lot of attacks at him at once" and "make sure he can't perceive how we're going to attack him except through spider-sense" are definitely strategies that they've employed before quite a few times, usually to predictable results given Spidey's continued existence in the marvel continuity. That being said I'm not saying that their aren't situations where batman beats spiderman, but just because those exist doesn't necessarily mean Batman will likely be able to set them up, which is why I'd give the odds to spidey. He's also going to have a pretty low margin of error due to spiderman's immense strength being able to punch clean through things a bit stronger then then the Batsuit tends to be portrayed when he's not holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Spider-Man is capable of coming up with countermeasures for his opponents too, even if he doesn't usually have Batman-level resources to do it with.
    Ironically enough, in the post secret wars reboot comic isn't Peter actually a head of a multinational corporation thanks to a bunch of stuff Doc Oc did during superior spiderman?
    Last edited by siegeperilous; 2016-01-21 at 08:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by siegeperilous View Post
    Ironically enough, in the post secret wars reboot comic isn't Peter actually a head of a multinational corporation thanks to a bunch of stuff Doc Oc did during superior spiderman?
    Hence usually. He'd actually been using more super-tech than normal for a while before the SpOck incident happened, just not in the same way Octavius did.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2016-01-21 at 04:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by siegeperilous View Post

Not to come as confrontational either but "Throw a lot of attacks at him at once" and "make sure he can't perceive how we're going to attack him except through spider-sense" are definitely strategies that they've employed before quite a few times, usually to predictable results given Spidey's continued existence in the marvel continuity. That being said I'm not saying that their aren't situations where batman beats spiderman, but just because those exist doesn't necessarily mean Batman will likely be able to set them up, which is why I'd give the odds to spidey. He's also going to have a pretty low margin of error due to spiderman's immense strength being able to punch clean through things a bit stronger then then the Batsuit tends to be portrayed when he's not holding back.

Well yeah, of course they failed, because he is the hero and not allowed to die. However, he has also been knocked the eff out, kidnapped, tied up, and held at the mercy of some dumb villain who wanted spiderman awake so he could monologue till peter could manage to escape. And yes the same goes for batman as well. I just was pointing out that spider sense isnt some auto win trump card. I still give him the advantage in most scenarios, I just didnt want people to believe he takes it in a walk because his spider sense makes him the dodgeball king.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well yeah, of course they failed, because he is the hero and not allowed to die. However, he has also been knocked the eff out, kidnapped, tied up, and held at the mercy of some dumb villain who wanted spiderman awake so he could monologue till peter could manage to escape. And yes the same goes for batman as well. I just was pointing out that spider sense isnt some auto win trump card. I still give him the advantage in most scenarios, I just didnt want people to believe he takes it in a walk because his spider sense makes him the dodgeball king.
    Yes, every hero who's been around in the comic industry is going to be subjected to plot armor in the industry, but my point is that Peter has a incredibly large wealth of experience of dealing with the exact kind of thing you said Batman would try to. I also don't think it's entirely fair to dismiss all of that by saying plot armor and then mention all the times he gets taken out without also bringing up how often comic book writers tend to have superheroes beaten or blindsided by threats they usually shouldn't just to advance the plot. I'm sure it's happened to batman quite a lot too.

My point was that in trying to prove that Spider Sense wasn't some autowin card, something it's probably never been portrayed in the fiction as and I don't think most people you were arguing with actually believed, you went too far in the other direction. When you said that all batman needed to do was say, find a way to hide the incoming attack so even though he gets a warning, he cant spot the danger till it hits him or fill a space in such a way as he can't dodge out of, that is actually something that spider sense has consistently let him avoid. I can't the number of times that a story arc has involved some antagonist going out or hiring someone to snipe him from afar, or he's been led into a room full of hidden remotely triggered explosives, only for him to get out of danger due to his spider sense. Obviously Peter must be able to intuit if not what the danger is or where's it's coming from, then what sort of actions he needs to take to not get hurt by it in a broad sense.

As for him being the dodgeball king, it kind of depends on what you mean in context. I'm not trying to say it'll be a walk, but he's a bullet timer with a limited form of precognition. Their are people in the same genre who have had similar better track records with getting out of the way of danger, but they are generally guys who's main power is super speed.

23. - Top - End - #23

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Batman's best ability involves tracking down and finding out information.
    No, Batman's best ability is already having done that.

Apparently even on people from alternate dimensions, because when there was a Batman/Spider-Man crossover he already knew that Spider-Man was Peter Parker despite having no way to have learned it during the comic.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post

Apparently even on people from alternate dimensions, because when there was a Batman/Spider-Man crossover he already knew that Spider-Man was Peter Parker despite having no way to have learned it during the comic.
    I think Marvel and DC used to handwave that their heroes lived in the same universe quite often. They just rarely ran into each other for some reason.

You'd get things like Spidey saying "Oh yeah, you're that Bat guy from over in Gotham" despite no one in universe ever mentioning Gotham before.

They also would sometimes have the characters exist as comic books in their universe. I guess it really depends on the writer.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2016-01-23 at 05:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Devil

Screwattack just posted a preview for the preview of the next DB and it confirms that its Bayonetta vs (classic) Dante.

Bayonetta has a significant edge in power but Dantes been shown shrug off impalments like nothing. I for one am really looking forward to this.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    That would be a tough fight for Dante. Bayonetta is almost certainly stronger based on her ability to throw around giant boss monsters (Who are themselves considerably larger than Dante's), the two are roughly equal in terms of agility but she's faster due to Cat Within, she has four pistols to his two and thereby can put out more fire, she seems to be able to regenerate magic faster than he can Trigger, Bat Within is a perfect defense against melee attacks, she may have more experience fighting man-sized opponents of roughly equal power due to the war against the Lumen Sages (While he basically just has Vergil and Despair Embodied [If you want to count DMC2]. Nero was significantly weaker than him [And Lady far weaker] while Nelo Angelo, Agni, Rudra, and Angelo Agnus are all still larger and slower, just less so than his usual fare, and Trish wasn't really a direct fight) and wicked weaves/summons will give her some serious offensive punch. Plus, you know, she fought what basically amounted to God and kicked it into the sun.
    Dante's advantages are superior default weaponry (Even if she's stronger, a sword is better than bare hands), ability to carry more weapons (Four melee weapons and three ranged vs. four total), possibly superior durability (He's always getting impaled and shrugging it off, Devil Trigger lets him regenerate, and he can block by default using Royal Guard while she has to be carrying a specific item), the fact that no rational person is going to have any idea how Lucifer works just by looking at it, and the sheer firepower he has with Pandora (Bowgun that shoots a rocket, triple barreled rocket launcher, laser cannon, boomerang, gatling gun, missile pod, and the raw power of the briefcase itself; while her heaviest ranged weapon is twin rocket launchers). I guess he also might be able to taunt her into getting sloppy like he does with most of his enemies, but she's pretty unflappable and lacks the arrogance of a demon. I'm still rooting for him, but it'll be tricky.
    Reposting my analysis of the matchup from the last thread.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    Reposting my analysis of the matchup from the last thread.
    From what I gather, you're saying Bayonetta is a hair more powerful.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post

Spoiler: Big DC spoiler
    Show
    Canonically in DC, comic books hold information regarding whats going on in other worlds and dimensions. Yes, even this one.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chives View Post
    Spoiler: Big DC spoiler
    Show
    Canonically in DC, comic books hold information regarding whats going on in other worlds and dimensions. Yes, even this one.
    Spoiler: logical conclusion
    Show
    So you're saying Batman gathers information on other universes by *being the biggest comic book collector in Gotham.*

He also lives in a basement under his parents' house, and dresses up in costume?

One of us, one of us, one of us!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

I feel like if Dante wins its going to be on the back of some obscure flavor text for something that then gives DB the ability to do some DB-Math and make him capable of surviving a supernova or some other crud. Leaving aside that kind of situation I don't see him pulling out a fight over Bayonetta.