New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    I remember a scene in the Injustice videogame: Flash vs. Deathstroke.
    Deathsroke expects Flash to rush in through the door and leads him with a tripmine which knocks him out of his speed.
    is The Flash known for falling to such tricks?
    It's comics so it's not consistent. Sometimes he can dodge bullets he doesn't even know have been fired by feeling them on his skin. Other times he literally runs into a sword and impales himself.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

So the opponent is the obvious one... Marvel's resident speedster. I'm not much of a comic nut but I feel this is going to be horribly one-sided. I guess Pietro just can't catch a break.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, its barry allen, not wally so that may change things like potential feats.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Isn't Barry technically the fastest? I think Wally might have better feats, but I'm pretty sure that Barry is the actual force of the speed force itself.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Isn't Barry technically the fastest? I think Wally might have better feats, but I'm pretty sure that Barry is the actual force of the speed force itself.
    Yeah i did a wiki dive and it looks like theoretically he could do anything any speed force user has ever done, but since he hasnt I dont think that would be allowed. Lets see what they do for quicksilver before we declare it over too soon. Maybe we can at least get a decent fight out of things. The best version of him I have seen is capable of running so fast he can travel through time, so at least he isnt totally smoked on the speed angle.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

How.... how is this even a contest?
    Quicksilver's max speed is about Mach 4-5
    Barry's max known speed is 13 trillion times the speed of Light...

This is like a Dr Manhattan vs Ozymandias situation, "Marvel's fastest man means less to me than does its fastest termite."

*Edit*
    Okay, I've found reference to Quicksilver running fast enough to create time displaced duplicates of himself, apparently theorised by Steven Hawking as taking speeds of 25,000,000 MPH
    That's 6944 miles per second, or about 37 times the speed of light.
    Way faster than his usual but still a joke compared to Flash.
    Last edited by Kittenwolf; 2016-05-06 at 11:34 AM.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

This is a great video to put things in perspective, on just how fast flash is.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like DB is using Barry Allen instead. He's canonically stated to be the fastest speedster, though, right? So by hype, he should be at least as fast as Wally.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2016-05-06 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    This is a great video to put things in perspective, on just how fast flash is.
    o.O
    Well that blows 13trillion times the speed of light so far out of the water as to be.. dear gods.
    Quicksilver, buddy, just.. no.
    Super cute Catgirl Avatar by Kymme

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Yeah, DC writers have no sense of scale. Which makes it even more hilarious when these characters regularly lose fights to people like Deathstroke or Green Arrow.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, DC writers have no sense of scale. Which makes it even more hilarious when these characters regularly lose fights to people like Deathstroke or Green Arrow.
    Personally, I think using live-action or animated version work better for many comic characters. It also appears more accessible/familiar to the general audience, so the result would line up more with their expectations.

In that case, Evan Peters Quicksilver should be a good contender against Grant Gustin Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I've found DC so difficult to get into. Realistically speaking, there's very little way about half of the members of the Justice League would ever lose against anyone less than the likes of Darkseid. But, rules of drama dictate otherwise. I guess that's the reason why DC gets a lot more spinoff series like Injustice or the Justice Lords, where the JLA's greatest enemy comes from within.

I mean, look at the League's Death Battle record:

Spoiler: AYE, CAP'N! HEAVY SPOILERS AHEAD!
    Show

Rogue vs. Wonder Woman: WW pretty much loses to HERSELF. Rogue's power is far beneath hers, but once Rogue starts leeching her powers? It's basically Wonder Woman vs. Wonder Woman plus a little bit extra. In other words, Rogue is kind of broken for a 1v1 match, since she'll always be just a little stronger than her opponent so long as she doesn't get turned to paste two seconds in. WW loses to one of the most broken opponents the series has seen.

Spiderman vs. Batman: One of only TWO close Justice League fights, and, unsurprisingly, one of only three Justice League fights without DC's fighter being a metahuman. Batman loses by virtue of going against a metahuman, and really only by a hair-- the Spider Sense being a direct counter to Batman's MO is pretty much THE deciding factor.

Superman vs. Goku (1 and 2): ...Is this really a spoiler anymore? We all know how this one ends, the internet has seen to that. It's a stomp so bad that they had to humour the loser by giving them a rematch with a shiny new form, and even then they counteracted that one by dropping any facade of the fight being reasonably close. Superman wins both by literally infinite distances.

Batman vs. Captain America: I'm still not sure why we got this fight... Batman vs. Iron Man would have been much more entertaining and fitting to both characters, but whatever. Batman shows why his loss to Spiderman was only due to the Spider Sense, as the Captain gets stomped pretty brutally. It's a well-deserved win, and the second of only three non-meta human fights.

Hawkeye vs. Green Arrow: Now, THIS was a match. The final of the JL non-metahuman fights, this one goes right down to the wire. GA loses in the end due to Hawkeye's agility, but the point is, it's one of only TWO close DC fights. Notice a trend yet?

DC's closest matches have been when characters with remotely realistic abilities go at it. Heck, the above spoiler doesn't even include Deathstroke or Lex Luthor's battles, which were a LOT closer than most of the other ones involving DC metahumans. Kind like how all but one fight involving a DBZ character has been a stomp of ungodly proportions, the metahumans are in a unique tier where it's really hard to find an opponent that isn't dramatically above or below their talents.

In this case, it's definitely a "below".
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

12. - Top - End - #102

The wonder woman/rogue match was absurd. Had they picked a wonder woman at her height it would have ended with rogue being a greasy splotch mark across main street in an instant. Instead they basically picked the linda carter version and let her fly. While picking the strongest version of rogue. Strongest wonder woman has chops on supermans tier.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Well, the conclusions are almost always absurd. If the choreography and animations weren't so good they would either be unknown or a laughingstock.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If the choreography and animations weren't so good they would either be unknown or a laughingstock.
    *looks at pretty much everything in the first 20 episodes* ...Yeeeeah, somehow I doubt think they got to where they are for graphical fidelity. Sure, they got better around the time of Peach vs. Zelda, and have only gotten better since, but to say that the fight animations are the only reason they got big is like saying... I dunno, that Scarlet Johansson is only relevant because she's been playing Black Widow.
    Last edited by ChillerInstinct; 2016-05-06 at 06:27 PM.
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

15. - Top - End - #105

Meh, I just find it amusing. It probably helps that by the time I started watching them they already had like 2 pages worth of battles up. It doesnt exactly help settle arguments often, its like trying to prove chain mail armor sucked back in the day because on deadliest warrior they always bad mouth it. And now its fun because I like arguing with people on this board over it. There isnt much point talking about it on the site forums or on youtube comments because the top 90 comments are just demands for matchups that get repeated EVERY FREAKING TIME.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Meh, I just find it amusing. It probably helps that by the time I started watching them they already had like 2 pages worth of battles up. It doesnt exactly help settle arguments often, its like trying to prove chain mail armor sucked back in the day because on deadliest warrior they always bad mouth it. And now its fun because I like arguing with people on this board over it. There isnt much point talking about it on the site forums or on youtube comments because the top 90 comments are just demands for matchups that get repeated EVERY FREAKING TIME.
    Truthfully I've never understood why people treat it the outcome as seriously as they do. I mean, like I said earlier in the thread, it's not like the loser is diminished in their home series, and it's not like we'll ever get clear cut, conclusive evidence about who would win. Heck, even with Deadliest Warrior you could hypothetically find two people who have devoted their lives to certain branches of combat and have them duke it out, but somehow I doubt we'll ever find, say, two people who can weaponize sand, or move at lightspeed, or punch with explosive gauntlets, or...

I think good old Mystery Science Theater put it best, back in the day. "It's just a show, I really should relax." (And yes, I appreciate the irony of saying this after a few post fuming about the fact this current matchup is a thing.)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    The wonder woman/rogue match was absurd. Had they picked a wonder woman at her height it would have ended with rogue being a greasy splotch mark across main street in an instant. Instead they basically picked the linda carter version and let her fly. While picking the strongest version of rogue. Strongest wonder woman has chops on supermans tier.
    My memory is vague but I think they went with the Rogue who had absorbed so much of Ms Marvels powers that she had permenantly gained them. Not enough to take WW on its own but enough to get in the magic touch.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    My memory is vague but I think they went with the Rogue who had absorbed so much of Ms Marvels powers that she had permenantly gained them. Not enough to take WW on its own but enough to get in the magic touch.
    Particularly since WW doesn't wear gloves, so punching Rogue in the face would actually just make Rogue stronger. Also WW doesn't wear a lot of clothing, so Rogue has a lot of areas to grab.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Particularly since WW doesn't wear gloves, so punching Rogue in the face would actually just make Rogue stronger. Also WW doesn't wear a lot of clothing, so Rogue has a lot of areas to grab.
    Yeah but an instant of contact isnt going to grant her much, other than a caved in face. She has to grapple with a person and hold on to really get any amount of drainage going. At the very least she needs several seconds of solid contact to gain a recognizable amount of energy and power. Taking a fist capable of punching out gods to the cheek is going to result in a broken face with maybe a flash of what wonder woman had for breakfast that morning. Maybe over the course of a drawn out battle where wonder woman is throwing rabbit punches specifically at rogues face and hands she would get drained enough to matter, but other than that? No way.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Flash vs. Quicksilver is out!
    Show
    In the words of Iago... "Oh, there's a big surprise! That's an incredib... I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from not surprise!"

Concept for the fight scene itself was pretty neat though, but on the other hand, not a huge fan of the fight itself. Overall, pretty much a waste of time, as I feared.

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle!
    Show
    Now, THIS could be interesting. It's another DC fighter, but on the FAR other end of the spectrum... the Joker's wild! On one hand, he's really not that much of a direct fighter with is going to be a huge hindrance under Death Battle rules, but pitted against another criminal mastermind it could be a fun one.

...Also, hoping they mock the serum from the Arkham series. God, that was such a stupid boss fight.
    Last edited by ChillerInstinct; 2016-05-18 at 09:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Flash vs. Quicksilver
    Show
    Yeah, least surprising result on Death Battle ever. Flash wins! One guy is a reality warper through the power of GO FAST! and the other can run at lightspeed at his peak. While Quicksilver most certainly was more impressive than I thought, it was never really a fight. He had no way of bringing Flash down to his level.

Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    Joker? Well then, you have my attention, Death Battle. Who would be a good opponent for The Joker?

Part of me wants to throw Judge Dredd at him in the ultimate Smiles vs. Frowns battle, but I don't know. Joker is so unpredictable that finding out who to put against him is hard.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by ChillerInstinct View Post
    Spoiler: Flash vs. Quicksilver is out!
    Show
    In the words of Iago... "Oh, there's a big surprise! That's an incredib... I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from not surprise!"

Concept for the fight scene itself was pretty neat though, but on the other hand, not a huge fan of the fight itself. Overall, pretty much a waste of time, as I feared.

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle!
    Show
    Now, THIS could be interesting. It's another DC fighter, but on the FAR other end of the spectrum... the Joker's wild! On one hand, he's really not that much of a direct fighter with is going to be a huge hindrance under Death Battle rules, but pitted against another criminal mastermind it could be a fun one.

...Also, hoping they mock the serum from the Arkham series. God, that was such a stupid boss fight.

Todays fight
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah, pretty much what I thought, though they did a good job of pretending quicksilver could compete until the after fight explanation. Also, it seems they left out the biggest feats of each guy.
    As for the next fight,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got two words for ya! Emperor Joker

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Spoiler: Flash vs. Quicksilver
    Show
    Yeah, least surprising result on Death Battle ever. Flash wins! One guy is a reality warper through the power of GO FAST! and the other can run at lightspeed at his peak. While Quicksilver most certainly was more impressive than I thought, it was never really a fight. He had no way of bringing Flash down to his level.
    Spoiler: Talking about fast
    Show
    Agreed, if Quicksilver had a way of severing Flash from the Speedforce, then it would've been a closer matchup. As it stands, I pretty much knew that Flash had Quicksilver beat handly by the time they described the extent of both character's powers.

Spoiler: Next Time...
    Show
    Joker? Well then, you have my attention, Death Battle. Who would be a good opponent for The Joker?

Part of me wants to throw Judge Dredd at him in the ultimate Smiles vs. Frowns battle, but I don't know. Joker is so unpredictable that finding out who to put against him is hard.
    Spoiler: Clowning around
    Show
    I have no idea who'd be his opponent, but if it's gonna be up against Dredd, I have a feeling that Joker's gonna get splattered if he tries to pull any moral dilemmas like he does with Batman. Maybe vs. Green Goblin?
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Well that was boring and predictable. I guess they just really wanted to animate that fight, cause the discussion part was, well boring and predictable.

Spoiler: Next fight
    Show
    Now this is going to be good. I'm going to go on a wild guess and hope the Joker's opponent is Code Geass' protagonist for the extra ham.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I could see Kefka for thematic purposes. It'd be a stomp, but apparently they don't care about that. I can't really think of anyone who would be entertaining for him to fight that wouldn't be a stomp. Joker isn't a fighter, he's a schemer.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Flash vs Quicksilver
    Show

Well, that was expected. Pietro had absolutely no chance. Flash was jst toying with him for most of the fight I guess.
    I'm not up on my DC lore: does the Flash have any serious opponents? What could possibly threaten him, overpowered as he is?

Spoiler: Next Battle
    Show

Well now, let's not sell Joker short. While he's not superhuman in nature, he can still fight dirty and he's fast enough to take Batman by surprise several times.
    Not to mention in the alternate Injustice timeline, where Joker took a power pill that let him tank hits from Superman.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I could see Kefka for thematic purposes. It'd be a stomp, but apparently they don't care about that. I can't really think of anyone who would be entertaining for him to fight that wouldn't be a stomp. Joker isn't a fighter, he's a schemer.
    Joker's a rather terrible character for this show which broadly ignores a character's mental faculties.

As to who he'd face, I'd put him against Green Goblin. They kind of mirror one another's roles within their respective rogues galleries, and they aren't too far from one another strength-wise that it would be completely uninteresting.

28. - Top - End - #118

Spoiler
    Show
    I love this idea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mostly posted emperor joker as a laugh, but they could actually do something like this. Regular kefka versus regular joker. Then when one or the other is losing, they grab their power up in some manner, kefka and his statues, the joker and mxy, and ascend to godhood and continue to duke it out as the lords of madness that they are! I kinda like the green goblin angle, but the problem is, I think the joker would be outmatched. He has joy buzzers with lethal jolts, he has his joker gas, and an acid squirting lapel flower as his biggest weapons. The green goblin has some iron man tech on his side. Flight, power armor, guided rockets, bombs, etc etc etc.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Joker's a rather terrible character for this show which broadly ignores a character's mental faculties.

As to who he'd face, I'd put him against Green Goblin. They kind of mirror one another's roles within their respective rogues galleries, and they aren't too far from one another strength-wise that it would be completely uninteresting.
    Except not really. Ignoring that GG has superhuman strength, durability and regeneration, his tech is also much better than what Joker has. Honestly, I can't think of anyone that Joker wouldn't lose terribly too.

Except... maybe Harley Quinn?

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Except not really. Ignoring that GG has superhuman strength, durability and regeneration, his tech is also much better than what Joker has. Honestly, I can't think of anyone that Joker wouldn't lose terribly too.

Except... maybe Harley Quinn?
    Yeah thats a big problem, outliers aside, the joker is human. Not even human plus. His only real advantage is his total batspit insanity making him hard to predict in a lot of ways. Aside from some deadly toys he doesnt bring a lot to the table really. His generic lineup that I can think of is,

joker gas
    electric buzzer
    acid flower squirter/sometimes sleep gas
    razor playing cards
    gun

Thats really about it for his normal gear loadout. And while yes those things are lethal weapons, they are wielded by a human being with no supernatural boosts. Maybe put him against luke cage? Yeah he is bullet proof, but is he electricity proof? acid proof? joker gas proof?