New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

So, we discovered the fridge/freezer has crapped out very late last night. (Naturally, Mum had just had a Sainbury's order yesterday.) Fortunately the caravan fridge/freezer is now working, so Dad was able to salvage some of it. The man is supposed to be coming tomorrow (along with the man to fix the upstairs toilet, which is also leaking, because you can never win, right?)

I blame whatever terrible misfortune-god haunt my mate, because yesterday I made the mistake of buying him the Pillars of Eternity expansions in the Steam sale fo his birthday and said entity cannot have something not go horribly wrong for him and clearly wanted revenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alien! With Dogs!

Something - I suspect the stream/spring - is infecting the people with some form of lycanthropy. A haunted stream. The spring/stream is haunted by the spirit of a werewolf slain in the area.
    That is not actually wildly far from the truth.

Anypony else want to take a stab at it before I trot out the explanation and see if there is anything I can do to refine it?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    Spoiler: S7E10
    Show
    The voice actors in this one seemed to have a problem. I think that they had trouble adding snarkiness to the characters' voices which could have thrown them off.

Starlight Glimmer acts completely in character reaching for magic as the solution to the problem. At least she doesn't mind control the leaders of Equestria.

The Twilight music box was fairly cool.

Evil Celestia actually looked fairly cool and was a reasonably out of control character.
    I think the 'problem' as you mention is that we never really see the princesses act as themselves. It's always royal business. So when they snark and talk like us commoner ponies, it seems off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So, we discovered the fridge/freezer has crapped out very late last night. (Naturally, Mum had just had a Sainbury's order yesterday.) Fortunately the caravan fridge/freezer is now working, so Dad was able to salvage some of it. The man is supposed to be coming tomorrow (along with the man to fix the upstairs toilet, which is also leaking, because you can never win, right?)

I blame whatever terrible misfortune-god haunt my mate, because yesterday I made the mistake of buying him the Pillars of Eternity expansions in the Steam sale fo his birthday and said entity cannot have something not go horribly wrong for him and clearly wanted revenge...
    You say 'The Man' and I can't help but think some dude in a black suit from a shadowy government is coming to take your fridge away.

That is not actually wildly far from the truth.

Anypony else want to take a stab at it before I trot out the explanation and see if there is anything I can do to refine it?
    Spoiler: Stab
    Show
    It seems to me that the cave paintings depict some kind of diseased 'dog creature', and a horned god sent a champion to slay it. The champion succeeded, but the creature's disease infected the water supply. Those that drank from it were afflicted, with patient zero being the controller and leading the other infected people. The gourd represents a cure? Blessed by the god and once again the lead dog creature of the group is slain and returns to infect the water once more. And now third time is the charm--the disease rears up once again by infecting the crops of a local settlement. This time there is no divine intervention to save the people. They are forced to seal themselves in a cave to avoid the infected. Here they wrote their history and slowly starved to death (or were slain in the case of the children as a mercy blow).

This civ is of course primitive and their painting of the dog heads is an abstraction to represent something they didn't understand. Lycanthropy could be possible, as Manga pointed out. Could it be something like a form of magical rabies that made people act like savage dogs?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    You say 'The Man' and I can't help but think some dude in a black suit from a shadowy government is coming to take your fridge away.
    What in Britain? That would only happen if the shadow government organisation actually a) got the wrong address and was looking for something entirely or b) was looking for the fridge we had twenty years ago. (Our govenment can't even keep the stuff its supposed to keep secret, let alone a secret goverment organisation. Seriously. Some years ago there was a scandal in which CDs with lots of personal data were basically left on a bus by an official...! They are not very efficient, is what I'm saying...)

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon
    Spoiler: Stab
    Show
    It seems to me that the cave paintings depict some kind of diseased 'dog creature', and a horned god sent a champion to slay it. The champion succeeded, but the creature's disease infected the water supply. Those that drank from it were afflicted, with patient zero being the controller and leading the other infected people. The gourd represents a cure? Blessed by the god and once again the lead dog creature of the group is slain and returns to infect the water once more. And now third time is the charm--the disease rears up once again by infecting the crops of a local settlement. This time there is no divine intervention to save the people. They are forced to seal themselves in a cave to avoid the infected. Here they wrote their history and slowly starved to death (or were slain in the case of the children as a mercy blow).

This civ is of course primitive and their painting of the dog heads is an abstraction to represent something they didn't understand. Lycanthropy could be possible, as Manga pointed out. Could it be something like a form of magical rabies that made people act like savage dogs?
    That is more-or-less bang on, actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    The dog-creature in question was a cusith (on Dreemaenhyll, a (highly intelligent spellcasting) evil fey dog-shaped pertaining to disease - I've mentioned cusith before on ponythread (and in Heart of the Matter) and this is basically where they came from.

Thid particular one lived one (Sabar’Isto) this particular island and took great pleasure in tormenting the islanders. Eventually, he was defeated by a shaman of their then-hunting god-spirit. But, for unknown reasons, he was not killed, but essentially his consciousness was given new form and transformed into a magical, sentient/sapient virus.

His unconscious essense leeched into the water of a nearby spring as his body decayed. Several months later, a hunter drank from the pool and Sabar’Isto awoke. Quickly realising his situation, he began to experiment and found out he could infect others. He began to infect the islanders by dispersing himself into food and water, essentially placing them under his control. The islanders discovered that blessed (holy) water drove him out, and that he could not infect/posses those of a Good nature.

But a few months later, he returned. And this time, he had adapted, was now immune to good-aligned affects as well. As he infected all of the native people, the last band sealed themselves in the cave, painting the walls with a warning for anyone else unfortune enough to follow after. Eventually, inevitably their limited supplies ran out and they died.
    Sabar’Isto was not careful with his new toys, and eventually, they all died.

In his inactive stae however, he infected the spring next to where the islanders has sealed themselves away. Some thousands or yeast later, the island has been colonised by the Not-Romans and an explorer found the cave. (He drank from the spring, because of course he did, since the spring appears BEFORE the cave with the paintings was unsealed - and chipping away at the stone to work the rolled stone that served as the seal was hard, thristy work!

So now Sabar'Isto has infected the whole island. But - he can't infect the PCs, because they are Evil. (The island tribe was small enough that there wasn't actually any evil members at the time Sabar'Isto was first active.) So the PCs will be stranded on the island until they can defeat Sabar'Isto's control - or until he adapts to be able to infect them as well!

The cave paintings are thus backstory, and hopefully a clue. (They can use UNholy water to the same effectas the hoyl water the first time, though the job is going to take more than that, since Sabat'Is to has a few hundred people to work with now.)

4. - Top - End - #184

What in Britain? That would only happen if the shadow government organisation actually a) got the wrong address and was looking for something entirely or b) was looking for the fridge we had twenty years ago.
    So, what if...?
    Spoiler
    Show

That is more-or-less bang on, actually.
    Evil PCs, eh? I would be surprise if none of their plans boils down to an attempt at subjugating this virus-creature for their own gain.

I don't suppose swimming in this water is any worse?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Bought Fallout New Vegas for Summer sale, (wanted Fallout 4 but will wait until complete pack came on).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Bought Fallout New Vegas for Summer sale, (wanted Fallout 4 but will wait until complete pack came on).
    After watching the Two Best Sisters Play video for FO4 (NSFW), I got the basic game anyway. Steam has been generally good about still giving me a fair deal if I want DLC later on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Evil PCs, eh? I would be surprise if none of their plans boils down to an attempt at subjugating this virus-creature for their own gain.
    Evil is not monolithic.

(Also, as you can imagine, being, like black ops, there is a certain Aotrs-like flavour to Their Side.)

Also, and probably most pertinently, at level 4, they kinda don't have any options for even attempting that...!

Edit: I bought Witcher 3 and Victoria II in the sale (the latter apparenlty because two ridicuously long ongoing games was not enough1.

I know Thanq in particular has played Vicky 2, and wonderd if he or anypony else had some starting advice of where to begin, considering the legendary reuptedly complicated unfathomable under-the-hood mechanics...

Edit edit: The legends do not lie. Accordingly to the log, I've played 100 minutes I have NO idea about anything. The two nations that I happened to look at the budget for start out massively in the negative, as aside from dropping all the sliders to minimum (and all the txes to aximum), there seems to be no obvious way to even get STRARTED!

Does not help that the tutorial crashed.

Twice.

Bearing in mind this is not a current generaton PDX game that has a billion patches and expansions, making it somewhat easy to break the tutorial, but just two expansions.

So, looks like I'll be readin', like, the entire wiki before I do owt.

1After all that, I have pretty much abandoned that SotS 2 game. The map is just too big, it's taking too long to shunt between turns at this point.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-05 at 06:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

The power of Friendship (awesome animation).

Also, Friday.
    Spoiler
    Show

Evil is not monolithic.
    No, but it can be opportunistic! Or maybe my standards of evil are darker. I have been a DM for some two decades. >_>
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

After watching the Two Best Sisters Play video for FO4 (NSFW), I got the basic game anyway. Steam has been generally good about still giving me a fair deal if I want DLC later on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I just happened to watched at when I look at the forum.
    Spoiler: Plot Spoiler
    Show
    Just hope how they'll react to Celestia's spawn as a head of scientist.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

No, but it can be opportunistic! Or maybe my standards of evil are darker. I have been a DM for some two decades. >_>
    The problem is that the Evil sentient virus doesn't want to play with the other evil boys and girls.

And you can't make him.

I mean that literally; you REALLY can't make him. He's a virus now. So even IF anyone was in a position to use use mind control magic on him...

He's a VIRUS. An adaptive virus. Who has already shown he can adapt to metaphysical things like alignment-based effects. So simple adaption to mind-control is going to be nothing by comparison. (Assuming that he is not already immune to mind-control due right now...)

And as the end goal of the Dark Lord is not "Sabar'Isto does the Master Race..."

(Oh, and Sabar'Isto totally WOULD do that, right down to the collective laughing and waving.

I am totally going to maske sure I write his actual characterisation as Simms!Master.)

Spoiler: Doctor Who season finale
    Show
    Double-especially after that last episode.

Lichemaster, I missed Simms!Master.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Colossus in the Playground

He's a VIRUS. An adaptive virus. Who has already shown he can adapt to metaphysical things like alignment-based effects. So simple adaption to mind-control is going to be nothing by comparison. (Assuming that he is not already immune to mind-control due right now...)
    He's going on the "blacklight" version of my "too eat" list.

Low on the list, but he's going on the list.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-07-05 at 09:28 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The power of Friendship (awesome animation.
    Wow...

Can't really think of anything else to say.

Wow...

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

High on the list, but he's going on the list.
    Oh, I would hazard he'll be dead long before that becomes an issue. It isn't easy, but he can be killed.

Just not weaponised - at least not for a pre FTL civilisation, anyway.

14. - Top - End - #194

Oh, I would hazard he'll be dead long before that becomes an issue. It isn't easy, but he can be killed.
    There are infinite upon infinite upon infinite facets in the Kaliedoscope, Bleakbane. If I ever actually get the chance to employ any f my "too eat" plans, the fact that he's only got a few sessions to live unless your players screw it up would be irrelelvant.

Spoiler
    Show
    They boil down a thought experiment a friend and I did back in highschool: What would it take for you be able to singlehnandedly dominate in the hellhole that is the W40K Galaxy, given the abillity to jump into any fictional timeline and move backwards, forewards, and parrelel along them.

Mine are all variations of Hellsing Style True Vampirism or the Blacklight virus from Prototype followed by eating as many monsters and things like that as I can to absorb their powers.

The blacklight ones are more detailed though--lots of differant kinds of zombies and viral mutants,
    your bad guy fits right in as one of the "wait until the endgame when you're sure it won't backfire on you" ones.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, this hiatus is boring. Although apparently there's a season 8 sneak peek at Hascon? Also an unnoticed interview with M.A. Larson.

Everything is on hiatus or is between seasons right now. I don't really watch a lot of current TV, so it's weird for me to be waiting on so much stuff to come out:

Spoiler
    Show
    MLP season 7, part 2
    NCIS season oh-god-how-many-is-it-now
    Fairy Tail season it-depends-on-how-you-number-them
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 5
    Fuller House season 3 (yes I watch it)
    Little Witch Academia season 1 part 2
    My Hero Academia season 3

Speaking of, have best My Hero girl as a pony. Even though she's already a frog
    Spoiler: ribbit
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    My total this year:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Crew Ultimate Edition
    Costume Quest 2 (already had one, but had to get the bundle because it was much cheaper)
    Half-Life 1 and 2 (never played em and they were 99 cents each)
    Reassembly (reminds me of a browser game I loved called Bubble Tanks)
    Tales of Symphonia (add it to the list of JRPG's I might get to)
    Intrusion 2
    NBA Playgrounds (thought it might be an updated NBA Hangtime, but it has some major issues)
    Teslagrad
    Dead Cells (bought on Bundlestars because it was cheaper at the time)
    Rex Rocket
    Oxenfree (brony friend keeps insisting a must-play, so I bought it)
    Flinthook (still trying to find the closest thing to Rogue Legacy, this might be it)
    The Superfluous
    Badass Hero
    Flatout bundle (1-3 and Ultimate Carnage)

16. - Top - End - #196

The problem is that the Evil sentient virus doesn't want to play with the other evil boys and girls.
    Ah, well in light of this context then I retract my idea. Fire is still an option to destroy the virus, yeah?

Bleh. Not without first being fried in a light batter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Wow...
    Can't really think of anything else to say.
    Wow...
    Yeah, it's pretty moving. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Everything is on hiatus or is between seasons right now.
    Aye. I think the closest show to starting up again is Rick & Morty at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    My total this year:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Crew Ultimate Edition
    Costume Quest 2 (already had one, but had to get the bundle because it was much cheaper)
    Half-Life 1 and 2 (never played em and they were 99 cents each)
    Reassembly (reminds me of a browser game I loved called Bubble Tanks)
    Tales of Symphonia (add it to the list of JRPG's I might get to)
    Intrusion 2
    NBA Playgrounds (thought it might be an updated NBA Hangtime, but it has some major issues)
    Teslagrad
    Dead Cells (bought on Bundlestars because it was cheaper at the time)
    Rex Rocket
    Oxenfree (brony friend keeps insisting a must-play, so I bought it)
    Flinthook (still trying to find the closest thing to Rogue Legacy, this might be it)
    The Superfluous
    Badass Hero
    Flatout bundle (1-3 and Ultimate Carnage)
    I got...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Witcher I
    Star Wars KotoR
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Fallout 4
    Borderlands I
    Dragon Age Origins
    Stardew Valley
    Psychonauts
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well in light of this context then I retract my idea. Fire is still an option to destroy the virus, yeah?
    Yeah.

The major problem is that, in an active state, Sabar'Isto can basically infect everything within a five-mile radius (through a liquid medium) of an infected (intelligent, i.e. Int 3+) creature. Sapient/sentients are effectively dominated (though he uses a light touch) and everything else infectable can be a carrier. (Beyond that radius, the cells die.) He can transfer himself (his soul/slash consciousness) to any other suitable host body (i.e. infected Int 3+ creature) at will (Assuming Direct Control, as I am shamelessly calling that). He hasn't discovered the maximum range for that yet. However, if is he forced out of a body (it is killed, unholy water is used etc), he automatically shunts to the nearest host body (infected Int 3+ creature) within a one-mile radius. If no suitable creature exists in that radius, he goes dormant, and effectively all virus cells outside the approximate radius of hs original size (about the size of a sheep - so a little bit more than a pony) die very quickly. His soul is thus "stuck" in the cells in that area, so if you can disinfect that area (like dropping his host body in an arid desert and then incinerating the area) he'll die.

His cells don't cope well with saline water, so while he can just about infect sea creatures with it (getting internal before his cells expire), he can't for example, spread through the ocean by just infecting it. (Yet, anyway...!)

So, for example, smacking the body he's in body unconscious, carting him a mile out to sea and then killing the body and incinerating/shadow-blasting the remains is one way of the PCs dealing with him. (Chucking the body overboard probably just means he'll infect some sea creature that eats it in a dormant state and remain that way until somehow, whatever part of the food chain body he's in gets eaten by a suitable host creature some arbitarily long time ahead in time. (Or Recurring Villain Set-Up, perchance) but it would most certainly deal with him in the short and probably long term!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah.
    In the event that he is shunted out of a body, does that body gain partial or full immunity to him (just as people gain resistances to normal viruses)?

Can people be vaccinated (a la cowpox giving immunity to smallpox - discovered in 1796 but may habe been lore for longer)?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

I got...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Witcher I
    Star Wars KotoR
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Fallout 4
    Borderlands I
    Dragon Age Origins
    Stardew Valley
    Psychonauts
    The only game I've bought that I can think of is Dark Souls 3. I've actually been watching recordings of Team Four Star's drinking game streams and using them as motivation for my writing (every time they take a drink I write a sentence).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

In the event that he is shunted out of a body, does that body gain partial or full immunity to him (just as people gain resistances to normal viruses)?

Can people be vaccinated (a la cowpox giving immunity to smallpox - discovered in 1796 but may habe been lore for longer)?
    Unsure of the first, but I don't think you could be vaccinated against a sentient virus that adapts itself.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    The only game I've bought that I can think of is Dark Souls 3. I've actually been watching recordings of Team Four Star's drinking game streams and using them as motivation for my writing (every time they take a drink I write a sentence).
    Interesting motivation. I wouldn't last long myself with my low tolerance. ^^;

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #201

Unsure of the first, but I don't think you could be vaccinated against a sentient virus that adapts itself.
    The obvious solution is to "vacinate" the host with a symbiotic sentient virophage that adapts itself faster.

Then it just eats the sentient virus.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Can people be vaccinated (a la cowpox giving immunity to smallpox - discovered in 1796 but may habe been lore for longer)?[/QUOTE]

Short answer to both of those is no. (Same as you can't gain immunity or vaccinate against Mummy Rot - which is pertient since the effect is also similarly disease/curse.)

However Sabar'Isto DOES have to have fluid contact to infect something, since his cells cannot - like most cells - like, crawl or something (nor is he airbourne).

The obvious solution is to "vacinate" the host with a symbiotic sentient virophage that adapts itself faster.

Then it just eats the sentient virus.
    Which is kinda beyond the means of a group of level 5 Evil adventurers (who are likely to be pretending to be Not-Romans) on a island whose low-hundred populaton with 1300AD technology in a low-magic zone is already all infected... They ARE pretty much (whether the convoy expedition they have infiltrated knows it or not) the top level of magic users of the entire expedition.

'Course, a large part of the Black Ops party is to be working out and planning and such. (As opposed to my often very (or very actually) explore-y other quests and/or the more monster-smacking heavy or or weekly games.) (Mid-to-high level magic could potentially solve large chunks of the problem very easily; but that is explicitly why this is not being thrown at a mid-to-high level party and I like to keep the black ops party all fairly low level. Magic can't just solve everything.)

Quest is still not fully written of course, and there may well be more information pertinent to the PCs (maybe even up to the 1 mile forced jump limit) to be parcelled out in various ways (maybe the journal of one of the recent colonist who ran away just long enough to record stuff) or from Sabar'Isto gloating during the confrontation (when they discover that just knobbling the island's governer does not, in fact release every from his spell - which will happen BEFORE they find the cave).

(And Sabar'Isto will absolutely gloat about it once revealed, since Cusith generally tend be pretty garrulous and emotional suffering is just one more thing among their repatoire they like to inflict. And overconfident - likae all bullies - when they think they are in charge. (And also like bullies, immediately switch over to cowardice when they lose control!))

Of course, FINDING that information is going to be part of the challenge, but again, literally in the wheelhouse of an uncover secret black ops brigade!

23. - Top - End - #203

Which is kinda beyond the means of a group of level 5 Evil adventurers (who are likely to be pretending to be Not-Romans) on a island whose low-hundred populaton with 1300AD technology in a low-magic zone is already all infected... They ARE pretty much (whether the convoy expedition they have infiltrated knows it or not) the top level of magic users of the entire expedition.
    I said it was obvious, not that it was easy or that they had the resources to do so--in the context of creating a vaccine.

Granted, I have spent a great deal of time plotting potential ways to inject various plagues of possibly supernatural origin into my system without it backfiring horribly latelyy, so it might only be obvious due to my current mindset.(Seriously peeps? The average person doesn't nessesarily want me getting a chance to put theses plans in motion becuase if I screw up there's gonna be one frack of a mess to clean up and limited metafictional trans-dimensionalists who can fix it.)

Though the thought occurs to me that you're probably gonna put a lot of effort into writing this and then your players are all imeediatly going to drink the tainted water and get infected.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-07-06 at 05:52 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Though the thought occurs to me that you're probably gonna put a lot of effort into writing this and then your players are all imeediatly going to drink the tainted water and get infected.
    Oh, they will almost absolutely be drinking the infected stuff, given that like the first thing that will happen when the convoy arrives is that a feast is held for all the folks just arriving and food and drink will be brought to everyone! (As Sabar'Isto's specific intention is to infect the entire convoy immediately, of course.)

The plot hinges on it, actually; THEY are currently immune to infection, because they're Evil. (Sabar'Isto started out not being ale to infect Good the first time; the tribe (and later colony) was small enough that there were not - until now - that there were not actual Evil people for him to infect. So, the morning after, the PCs wake up and wonder why none of the rest of the convoy is preparing to leave... And Sabar'Isto is bemused and integued as to why they are immune... And things will sort of snowball from there. If this works, it'll be part mystery, part zombie movie and part black ops planning.

The Umbra Vigiles are the only ones able to do anything about all this, so they can get the dang convoy moving, so they can complete their ACTUAL proper assigned mission of recon on the Not-Roman colony on yhe dinosaur-infested Great Continennt...!

25. - Top - End - #205

However Sabar'Isto DOES have to have fluid contact to infect something, since his cells cannot - like most cells - like, crawl or something (nor is he airbourne).
    A desiccation spell would probably be a Save-or-Die equivalent for him, wouldn't it?

So dry spell, followed by fire!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #206

Oh, they will almost absolutely be drinking the infected stuff, given that like the first thing that will happen when the convoy arrives is that a feast is held for all the folks just arriving and food and drink will be brought to everyone! (As Sabar'Isto's specific intention is to infect the entire convoy immediately, of course.)

The plot hinges on it, actually; THEY are currently immune to infection, because they're Evil. (Sabar'Isto started out not being ale to infect Good the first time; the tribe (and later colony) was small enough that there were not - until now - that there were not actual Evil people for him to infect. So, the morning after, the PCs wake up and wonder why none of the rest of the convoy is preparing to leave... And Sabar'Isto is bemused and integued as to why they are immune... And things will sort of snowball from there. If this works, it'll be part mystery, part zombie movie and part black ops planning.

The Umbra Vigiles are the only ones able to do anything about all this, so they can get the dang convoy moving, so they can complete their ACTUAL proper assigned mission of recon on the Not-Roman colony on yhe dinosaur-infested Great Continennt...!
    And if they take too long, the puppy-virus will adapt to be able tin infect evil people and it's already in their system?

I imagine part of the fun to be sitting back and waiting to find out if your evil PCs are closer ot pragmatic evil or thurough evil.(Pragmatic evil cures as many infected as posisble, once they figure out how, becuase needless bloodshed is bad for any plan that doesn't already involve slaughtering large numbers of sentients. Thurough evil would kill every man, woman, and child just in case and wouldn't feel bad about it. Thurough Evil is really close to Pragmatic Good, the differance is why you're doing it and whether or not you can still sleep at night afterward.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

A desiccation spell would probably be a Save-or-Die equivalent for him, wouldn't it?

So dry spell, followed by fire!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much.

And if they take too long, the puppy-virus will adapt to be able tin infect evil people and it's already in their system?

I imagine part of the fun to be sitting back and waiting to find out if your evil PCs are closer ot pragmatic evil or thurough evil.(Pragmatic evil cures as many infected as posisble, once they figure out how, becuase needless bloodshed is bad for any plan that doesn't already involve slaughtering large numbers of sentients. Thurough evil would kill every man, woman, and child just in case and wouldn't feel bad about it. Thurough Evil is really close to Pragmatic Good, the differance is why you're doing it and whether or not you can still sleep at night afterward.)
    Ah, it get better. Of course, the thing about them being a dirty secret black ops so below the table the good guys don't even know you exist means that they are going to have to do all this without revealing too much of their hands afterwards - especially if, for example, they have pretended to be mere shiphands/crew instead of (as in another option) replacing a unit of Not-Roman specialised troops...!. (The only good news in that regard is that recovered infected don't remember much about what happened while they were under, so they should be able to do some blagging...)

28. - Top - End - #208

It's Friday!

Spoiler
    Show

I need to install some motion sensor lights in my back yard. After the broken window incident I had buried some rocks in an inconspicuous spot just to be rid of them, but last evening while mowing the lawn someone dug them out and left them out in the open. Well then. :'

I think I'll rebury them in the front yard when I dig up the dead rose bush to plant some new flowers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

It's Friday!

Spoiler
    Show

I need to install some motion sensor lights in my back yard. After the broken window incident I had buried some rocks in an inconspicuous spot just to be rid of them, but last evening while mowing the lawn someone dug them out and left them out in the open. Well then. :'

I think I'll rebury them in the front yard when I dig up the dead rose bush to plant some new flowers.
    Apparently, it's that sort of week.

The telly in the front room died this morning (so on top of having to fix the toilet and the fridge/freezer, now we have to go get a new telly).

Also, Thoughts Were Occurring this morning, which we all know is generally bad news, as they lead to things like Northern Spy...

So, clearly Granpear has a friend who is a tailor (who is half-deer), Darned Sock. He also has a baker friend, Crusty Macaron, whose nickname is Scones. Grandpear's nickname when he was younger was Jam.

This will probably escalate.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-07 at 07:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

Yea I got to watch the scene and I need to state I appreciated it. How they played on all the mane 6s fears with the exception of Fluttershy. Additionally if that was said before I am sad I kinda speed perused the last 3 discussions.