New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PEACH] Dvati Race Rework/Conversion to PF

O.K. I think I've figured out the Racial Points for this race.

Race Points: Two Bodies Single Entity 4 RP, Act as One 2 RP, Additional Actions 6 RP (Haste-like), Pair Link 2 RP, Innate Mindlink 4 RP, Spell Conductor 2 RP, Linked Lifeforce -3 RP. Total 17 RP
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunamiatunzen1 View Post
    So it's come to my attention that there is still a way for this race to cast two spells at once. Intricate Spellcasting seems like one way to do it but I'd like some help in figuring out how else they could do so.

P.S. Also added Aided Casting to the list since I forgot to earlier.
    Another spell...Besides standard caster tricks I can't think of one (attempts to summon an optimizer). If there is I missed it.
    O.K. I think I've figured out the Racial Points for this race.

Race Points: Two Bodies Single Entity 4 RP, Act as One 2 RP, Additional Actions 6 RP (Haste-like), Pair Link 2 RP, Innate Mindlink 4 RP, Spell Conductor 2 RP, Linked Lifeforce -3 RP. Total 17 RP
    This is the part where I tell you racial points are PF, and I'm not familiar with it
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. just to cover my bases I've limited Intricate Spellcasting to once per round. This should make sure that it can't be cheesed in case someone can break the normal Quickened rules.
    For D&D 3.5 it specifically states free action but only 1 can be cast per round.
    PF states a swift action and you can't get more than one swift action per round if you follow RAW. (If you don't then it kind of becomes a moot point anyways since you could just houserule Intricate Spellcasting to be anytime.)
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

O.K. just to cover my bases I've limited Intricate Spellcasting to once per round. This should make sure that it can't be cheesed in case someone can break the normal Quickened rules.
    For D&D 3.5 it specifically states free action but only 1 can be cast per round.
    PF states a swift action and you can't get more than one swift action per round if you follow RAW. (If you don't then it kind of becomes a moot point anyways since you could just houserule Intricate Spellcasting to be anytime.)
    PF doesn't have magic items that give a bonus action? Huh, alright, then it sounds good.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    PF doesn't have magic items that give a bonus action? Huh, alright, then it sounds good.
    PF does have haste but it doesn't have Greater Haste. A bit disappointing but I think Greater Haste could get out of hand anyways. (Especially with the Dvati and the Shattered Bond)
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-30 at 09:47 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

PF does have haste but it doesn't have Greater Haste. A bit disappointing but I think Greater Haste could get out of hand anyways. (Especially with the Dvati and the Shattered Bond)
    The way they nerfed haste in 3.5...
    Especially since they later gave casters a lot more ways to shatter the action economy, but mundanes got shafted... again.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking about feats to improve Spell Conductor. Thoughts?
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Maybe allow it to work across planes, and to be shifted as a swift (or in my preference as a free 1/round)?

EDIT: Maybe allow them to increase the bonus of spells a little?
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-10-30 at 11:37 AM.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

How do these look?
    Spoiler: Improved Spell Conductor
    Show
    Having strengthened your ability to transfer spells between each twin, you have made it possible to transfer a wider variety of spells and from others.
    Requirement: Dvati
    Benefit: When using Spell Conductor, you may transfer any spell between twins that is harmless and it need not have been cast by the Dvati.

Spoiler: Unified Spell Conductor
    Show
    You have become so attuned to the magic of your twin that any spell that affects one affects the other equally.
    Requirement: Dvati & Improved Spell Conductor
    Benefit: Whenever you may benefit from Spell Conductor, you may instead split the time in half equally between the twins (round down). This cannot be used with a spell that has a duration of 1 round or shorter.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

I just figured out that I practically doubled items that had charges and per use abilities for free with Dvati-Craft items. I've changed it by adding the following:

Should the item have any charges or limited uses, these resources are shared between the two items as if it was one item. Expending charges or uses gives only one twin the benefit (unless Spell Conductor may be used).
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

How do these look?
    Spoiler: Improved Spell Conductor
    Show
    Having strengthened your ability to transfer spells between each twin, you have made it possible to transfer a wider variety of spells and from others.
    Requirement: Dvati
    Benefit: When using Spell Conductor, you may transfer any spell between twins that is harmless and it need not have been cast by the Dvati.

Spoiler: Unified Spell Conductor
    Show
    You have become so attuned to the magic of your twin that any spell that affects one affects the other equally.
    Requirement: Dvati & Improved Spell Conductor
    Benefit: Whenever you may benefit from Spell Conductor, you may instead split the time in half equally between the twins (round down). This cannot be used with a spell that has a duration of 1 round or shorter.
    So, The first lets you share buffs from other people, but to do so you have to spend a move action.

The second... What's the point? Normally you share the buffs, so it seems to me that this is just a waste of duration... Unless you meant when you benefit from improved spell conductor and are using a buff an ally applied?

I just figured out that I practically doubled items that had charges and per use abilities for free with Dvati-Craft items. I've changed it by adding the following:

Should the item have any charges or limited uses, these resources are shared between the two items as if it was one item. Expending charges or uses gives only one twin the benefit (unless Spell Conductor may be used).
    Nice catch, didn't think of that.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

So, The first lets you share buffs from other people, but to do so you have to spend a move action.

The second... What's the point? Normally you share the buffs, so it seems to me that this is just a waste of duration... Unless you meant when you benefit from improved spell conductor and are using a buff an ally applied?
    The first allows you to share a greater variety of spells. Some spells don't have a range of touch but it has beneficial effects. The normal Spell Conductor couldn't transfer such a spell even if it was cast by the Dvati.
    Haste is one of those examples of beneficial spells that can't normally be transferred.

The second one does apply since it has Improved Spell Conductor as a prerequisite and Improved Spell Conductor modifies Spell Conductor.
    Once again Haste is a good example since it is harmless and has a duration that could be split between the twins.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-31 at 10:24 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

redface Re: [PEACH] Dvati Race Rework/Conversion to PF

The first allows you to share a greater variety of spells. Some spells don't have a range of touch but it has beneficial effects. The normal Spell Conductor couldn't transfer such a spell even if it was cast by the Dvati.
    Haste is one of those examples of beneficial spells that can't normally be transferred.

The second one does apply since it has Improved Spell Conductor as a prerequisite and Improved Spell Conductor modifies Spell Conductor.
    Once again Haste is a good example since it is harmless and has a duration that could be split between the twins.
    Ah, alright my bad . They look good then, although maybe something to let them shift a spell as a free action 1/round?

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, alright my bad . They look good then, although maybe something to let them shift a spell as a free action 1/round?
    If I did that then there would be no point to the second feat. Plus, too much for the feat to remember to swap the spell just in time to allow both of them to essentially get a full duration spell for just a little bit of micro-managing.
    Ex.: Haste one twin for 10 rounds, that twin gets extra action and then as free action gives it to other twin who gets the bonus. Next round repeat previous shenanigan. Repeat for 10 rounds straight while giving both the same buff.
    Plus, if you're a spellcaster you can swap the spell as part of casting should that be an issue for some odd reason. (Spell and Blade comes to mind as a good one since one casts and the other fights.)
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-10-31 at 11:04 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

If I did that then there would be no point to the second feat. Plus, too much for the feat to remember to swap the spell just in time to allow both of them to essentially get a full duration spell for just a little bit of micro-managing.
    Plus, if you're a spellcaster you can swap the spell as part of casting should that be an issue for some odd reason. (Spell and Blade comes to mind as a good one since one casts and the other fights.)
    Fair enough then.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey again! I know it's been a while but I've still been trying to figure out new goodies to add.
    I'm not exactly sure about all of the details but how about being able to combine the twins for a short time?

The inspiration came from the StarCraft Archon. (Essentially two wizards combining their very life-energy to become a being of raw power)
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hey again! I know it's been a while but I've still been trying to figure out new goodies to add.
    I'm not exactly sure about all of the details but how about being able to combine the twins for a short time?

The inspiration came from the StarCraft Archon. (Essentially two wizards combining their very life-energy to become a being of raw power)
    Hmm, that would be cool, at least from a fluff point of view... The problem is that you may have abilities were both twins can act, and then this would be pretty lame as you are cutting off actions... Maybe you get an extra partial action while doing so and... hmm.. immunity to ability score damage, and mind affects (fluffed as being too powerful for most to overcome due to the whole "souls so big we needed two bodies" fluff in the dragon compendium?)

I like the idea, the problem may be in the execution though... Maybe as an immediate action when one would be killed?
    ... or it could combine their separate HP pools, making it nice depending on the circumstance...

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. This is definitely a rough draft since I'm not entirely sure about everything and I'm considering putting it as something other than a feat.

Spoiler: Lifeforce Flare (Su)
    Show
    While it's one thing to shunt a twin's consciousness to a single body, it is quite another to combine their very essence into a being of raw power capable of decimating small armies.
    Requirements:Dvati, Iron Will, Living Phylactary, ability to spontaneously cast spells or manifest powers, combined caster/manifester level 11th
    Benefit: As a full-round action, the twins may become a single Large-sized creature if they are both alive, in their own bodies, and adjacent to each other. The creature's HP is equal to the combined HP of both twins at the time they combine, they become incorporeal, their type changes to Outsider (native), all of their equipment merges with them and becomes inert, they have the same actions as a single creature would, and their ability scores become equal to the lower of the two twins. You remain in this form for a number of rounds equal to your total caster and manifester levels or until you expend all of your spells or power points and may not be dismissed early.
    This allows new uses for spells and powers. (These are subject to Spell and Power Resistance)
    Spells: As a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may expend a spell slot of any level you can cast to unleash a blast of raw magical energy that deals 10 points of damage per spell level expended + 5 points per caster level within 20 ft. and line of sight to all creatures in a 10 ft. radius. A Reflex Save equal to the DC of the highest spell you know halves this damage. You do not suffer any ill effects from this attack.
    You may also use this effect when making an attack of opportunity.
    Whenever you take damage from any source, you may expend a spell slot as a free action, even when it's not your turn, to reduce the damage by 5 times the spell slot expended. You may use this to instead reduce ability damage or drain but it only reduces the damage by the same number as the spell slot expended.
    Powers:As a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to deal an equal amount of Charisma damage to all creatures within 20 ft. of you. A Will Save equal to the DC of the highest power you know halves this damage. You may maintain this effect as if focusing on a power with a duration of concentration, dealing damage to any creatures that enter the area of effect. You must spend the same amount of power points as initially expended for each round you decide to maintain this effect.
    As a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to heal a number of hit points equal to 5 times the number of power points expended. Alternatively, you may heal an amount of ability damage equal to the number of power points you expend.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

I still need to include:
    How many times you can use this
    What happens if you die while a single being
    Casting spells while together
    etc.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-11-09 at 04:01 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. I hate making once per day abilities but with such a heavy-handed ability I think it's warranted.
    I think I'll still need to tweak it since it is a bit long and I might have missed something.
    I might split this into two feats since I almost never get to play games above 9th level.

Show
    While it's one thing to shunt a twin's consciousness to a single body, it is quite another to combine their very essence into a being of raw power capable of decimating small armies.
    Requirements:Dvati, Iron Will, Living Phylactary, ability to spontaneously cast spells or manifest powers, combined caster/manifester level 11th
    Benefit: As a full-round action, the twins may become a single Large-sized creature if they are both alive, in their own bodies, and adjacent to each other. The creature's HP is equal to the combined HP of both twins at the time they combine, they become incorporeal, their type changes to Outsider (native), all of their equipment merges with them and becomes inert, they have the same actions as a single creature would, and their ability scores become equal to the lower of the two twins. You remain in this form for a number of rounds equal to your total caster and manifester levels or until you expend all of your spell slots or power points and may not be dismissed early.
    Any spells or powers cast are treated as if they were of the highest spell/power you know for purposes of save DC and bypassing spell and power resistance.
    This allows new uses for spells and powers. (These are subject to Spell and Power Resistance)
    Spoiler: Spell Slots
    Show
    As an attack action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may expend a spell slot of any level you can cast to unleash a blast of raw magical energy that deals 10 points of damage per spell level expended + 5 points per caster level within 20 ft. and line of sight to all creatures in a 10 ft. radius. A Reflex Save equal to the DC of the highest spell you know halves this damage. You do not suffer any ill effects from this attack.

Whenever you take damage from any source, you may expend a spell slot as a free action, even when it's not your turn, to reduce the damage by 5 times the spell slot expended. You may use this to instead reduce ability damage or drain but it only reduces the damage by the same number as the spell slot expended.
    Spoiler: Power Points
    Show
    As a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to deal an equal amount of Charisma damage to all creatures within 20 ft. of you. A Will Save equal to the DC of the highest power you know halves this damage. You may maintain this effect as if focusing on a power with a duration of concentration, dealing damage to any creatures that enter or remain in the area of effect. You must spend the same amount of power points as initially expended for each round you decide to maintain this effect.

As a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to heal a number of hit points equal to 5 times the number of power points expended. Alternatively, you may heal an amount of ability damage equal to the number of power points you expend.

Should you be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points while benefitting from this ability, both twins are immediately slain and you do not leave a body behind as the chaotic energy collapses in on itself (much like the Disintegrate spell except equipment is also affected). Additionally, any creatures or objects adjacent to you immediately takes 10 points of damage equal to the total of your caster and manifester levels (no save).
    Should you lose consciousness or expend all of your spell slots or power points, the effect immediately ends and both twins appear in two squares that the Large-sized creature previously occupied.
    Any remaining hit points, nonlethal damage, and ability damage is split evenly between the twins when the effect ends.

You may use this ability once per day.

Special: If you have Improved Spell Conductor, you may use this ability an additional time for every 5 levels equal to your total caster and manifester levels. If you also have Unified Spell Conductor, you may double the duration of this ability and you may end it early by using a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-11-10 at 02:40 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I like it, although this benefits spellcasters without giving martials much.

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

I like it, although this benefits spellcasters without giving martials much.
    It's not supposed to benefit martials. I just couldn't see how martial characters could merge without some sort of magic.
    I'm still thinking I need to tone it down if I really want it to be available at the level I want it to be.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I rebalanced quite a few of the costs involved with using this ability and the damage. I do feel more confident in labelling it as a feat rather than having to link it to a whole class (please don't make me do it... it's a lot of work... maybe later I'll do racial classes).
    Thoughts?
    Show
    Benefit: As a full-round action, the twins may become a single Large-sized creature if they are both alive, in their own bodies, and adjacent to each other. For the duration of this ability, the creature's HP is equal to the combined HP of both twins at the time they combined, they become incorporeal, their type changes to Outsider (native), all of their equipment merges with them and becomes inert, they have the same actions as a single creature would, and their ability scores become equal to the lower of the two twins. You remain in this form for a number of rounds equal to your total caster and manifester levels or until you expend all of your spell slots or power points and may not be dismissed early.
    Any spells or powers cast are treated as if they were of the highest spell/power you know for purposes of save DC and bypassing spell and power resistance. The spells/powers are expended at their normal level and may not benefit from Heightened Spell or similar abilities that increase the spell level (metamagics may still be applied as normal).
    Show
    Annihilate:
    As an attack action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may expend a spell slot (or cantrip) of any level you can cast to unleash a blast of raw magical energy that deals 10 points of damage per spell level expended + 2 points per caster level within 20 ft. and line of sight to all creatures in a 10 ft. radius. A Reflex Save equal to the DC of the highest spell you know halves this damage. You do not suffer any ill effects from this attack.

Negation:
    Show
    Psionic Storm:
    As a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to deal an amount of Charisma damage equal to half the expended power points (round down) to all creatures within 20 ft. of you. A Will Save equal to the DC of the highest power you know halves this damage. You may maintain this effect as if focusing on a power with a duration of concentration, dealing damage to any creatures that enter or remain in the area of effect. You must spend the same amount of power points as initially expended for each round you decide to maintain this effect.

Resilience:
    As a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to fast healing equal to half the number of power points expended (round down) and gain temporary hit points equal to the number of power points expended. Alternatively, you may heal an amount of ability damage for every 5 power points you expend.

Oblivion:Should you be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points while benefitting from this ability, both twins are immediately slain and you do not leave a body behind as the chaotic energy collapses in on itself (much like the Disintegrate spell except equipment is also affected). Additionally, any creatures or objects adjacent to you immediately takes 10 points of damage equal to the total of your caster and manifester levels (no save).

Should you lose consciousness or expend all of your spell slots or power points, the effect immediately ends and both twins appear in two squares that the Large-sized creature previously occupied.
    Any remaining hit points, nonlethal damage, and ability damage is split evenly between the twins when the effect ends.
    Additionally, for each round the twins were fused together, they both take an amount of Ability Burn to their Constitution score equal to the number of rounds they were fused together.

Special: If you have Improved Spell Conductor, you may use this ability an additional time for every 5 levels equal to your total caster and manifester levels and you only take half of the Ability Burn (round down). If you also have Unified Spell Conductor, you may double the duration of this ability and you may end it early by using a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-11-10 at 04:34 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oblivion sould give a reflex save for half to those nearby... or at least some sort of save, reflex seems most fitting IMO.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

O.K. I think this is the final draft for this feat. I decided to copy the Bag of Holding and Portable Hole for Oblivion. Since that combo doesn't have a save I think that would best emulate what I wanted.

Show
    Benefit: As a full-round action, the twins may become a single Large-sized creature (tall) if they are both alive, in their own bodies, and adjacent to each other. For the duration of this ability, the creature's HP is equal to the combined HP of both twins at the time they combined, they become incorporeal (any spell, power, or weapon with an enhancement bonus affects them as if they were not incorporeal), gain a fly speed of 30 ft (perfect), type changes to Outsider (native), all of their equipment merges with them and becomes inert, they have the same actions as a single creature would, and their ability scores become equal to the lower of the two twins. You remain in this form for a number of rounds equal to your total caster and manifester levels or until you expend all of your spell slots or power points and may not be dismissed early.
    Any spells or powers cast are treated as if they were of the highest spell/power you know for purposes of save DC and bypassing spell and power resistance. The spells/powers are expended at their normal level and may not benefit from Heightened Spell or similar abilities that increase the spell level (metamagics may still be applied as normal).
    Show
    Annihilate:
    As an attack action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may expend a spell slot (or cantrip) of any level you can cast to unleash a blast of raw magical energy that deals 10 points of damage per spell level expended + 2 points per caster level within 20 ft. and line of sight to all creatures in a 10 ft. radius. A Reflex Save equal to the DC of the highest spell you know halves this damage. You do not suffer any ill effects from this attack.

Negation:
    Show
    Psionic Storm:
    As a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to deal an amount of Charisma damage equal to half the expended power points (round down) to all creatures within 20 ft. of you. A Will Save equal to the DC of the highest power you know halves this damage. You may maintain this effect as if focusing on a power with a duration of concentration, dealing damage to any creatures that enter or remain in the area of effect. You must spend the same amount of power points as initially expended for each round you decide to maintain this effect.

Resilience:
    As a move action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, you may spend a number of power points equal to your manifester level to fast healing equal to half the number of power points expended (round down) and gain temporary hit points equal to the number of power points expended. Alternatively, you may heal an amount of ability damage for every 5 power points you expend.

Oblivion:Should you be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points while benefitting from this ability, both twins are immediately slain and you do not leave a body behind as the chaotic energy collapses in on itself (much like putting a portable hole inside of a Bag of Holding). Their death throes open a gate to the Astral Plane and any creatures or objects within a 15-foot radius are drawn there. The Dvati cannot be brought back by anything short of True Resurrection or Wish and this only brings one twin back.

Additionally, for each round the twins were fused together, they both take an amount of Ability Burn to their Constitution score equal to the number of rounds they were fused together. If this Ability Burn kills them, it does not trigger Oblivion.

Special: If you have Improved Spell Conductor, you may use this ability an additional time for every 3 caster and manifester levels above 11 and you only take half of the Ability Burn (round down). If you also have Unified Spell Conductor, you may double the duration of this ability and you may end it early by using a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

26. - Top - End - #86
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Feat idea:

Exchange
    Requirements: Always Near, level 10
    As a swift action at the beginning or end of their turn, the Dvati can exchange places. This works under the same conditions as Always Near.

What is is useful for? Practically nothing, really, that Always Near wouldn't do more usefully. But you can swap out to reload your hit points, bring messages repeatedly, or use a different set of equipment, I guess?
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2017-11-11 at 09:34 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post
    Feat idea:

Exchange
    Requirements: Always Near, level 10
    As a swift action at the beginning or end of their turn, the Dvati can exchange places. This works under the same conditions as Always Near.

What is is useful for? Practically nothing, really, that Always Near wouldn't do more usefully. But you can swap out to reload your hit points, bring messages repeatedly, or use a different set of equipment, I guess?
    Actually might be a good idea if one of them is unconscious so you can get the one in danger out of a rough spot. I like it! I'll see what else I can stuff into it if it's going to be on such a high level requirement.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

great work here!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided that the level requirement was in an odd spot and this ability isn't so broken that it would need it. Hopefully I've kept to what you envisioned. One thing I did see as a possibility is to deck one twin out with a whole bunch of armor and the other with a mess of weapons and swapping them after one made an attack.
    Spoiler: Exchange (Sp)
    Show
    While being nearby your other half is fine and good, sometimes you just need one twin in the other's spot.
    Requirements:Dvati, Always Near
    Benefits:The twins may use Always Near as a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity once per round instead of as a full-round action. Additionally, they may instead exchange places whenever they use Always Near.
    Always Near can also be used should one of the twins be unable to expend the actions necessary. (Ex.: Petrified, paralyzed, stunned, unconscious, etc.)

Also, I'm adding Lifeforce Flare to the list.

P.S. Thanks Ranged Ranger! Hopefully this whole thing met with expectations.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-11-13 at 10:37 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

How does a feat sound that allows someone to be treated like a Dvati sound?
    I was thinking it would emulate Innate Mindlink.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander