New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super II: Orange Hillbilly Dooms World... Again.

Again, they later pointed out that Buu's power level went back down when his transformation was complete and he'd fully regressed to his oriiginal form.

He wasn't getting stronger, his energy output spiked while he was transforming.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Again, they later pointed out that Buu's power level went back down when his transformation was complete and he'd fully regressed to his oriiginal form.

He wasn't getting stronger, his energy output spiked while he was transforming.
    No they do not. I literally just read the entire manga from where I linked you to end and that does not happen. Vegeta makes a joke about Buu being short (pot meet kettle). That's it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Can we at least agree that Kid Buu is weaker than Gohan Buu? And maybe Gotenks Buu?
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Can we at least agree that Kid Buu is weaker than Gohan Buu? And maybe Gotenks Buu?
    Probably. Even if we can't all agree it's not like it matters. The power scalings will probably all change again in an episode or two anyway.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    No they do not. I literally just read the entire manga from where I linked you to end and that does not happen. Vegeta makes a joke about Buu being short (pot meet kettle). That's it.
    1: The official English translation changes somethings.
    2: What you linked looks like a low-quality fan-scan. I can't confirm 100%, but if it is it's basically worthless.

I've checked. As far as I can tell, in the original, it's stated that Kid Buu's power level went back down when he finished regressing.

Also, logic: SSJ3 Gotenks=Base Super Buu,more or less.
    Goku explicitly states that Gotenks has more raw power than he does at this time.
    SSJ3 Goku=Kid Buu, more or less.

Thus, Super Buu has to be stronger than Kid Buu.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Probably. Even if we can't all agree it's not like it matters. The power scalings will probably all change again in an episode or two anyway.
    I just mention that because I've seen people assert that Kid Buu is the Strongest Of Them All, explicitly including Gohan Buu, and that one strikes me as really ridiculous. If Kid Buu were stronger than Gohan Buu then it would have taken Vegitto to even fight him at all for longer than a few seconds.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

I just mention that because I've seen people assert that Kid Buu is the Strongest Of Them All, explicitly including Gohan Buu, and that one strikes me as really ridiculous. If Kid Buu were stronger than Gohan Buu then it would have taken Vegitto to even fight him at all for longer than a few seconds.
    Ultimately there's just no telling unless the characters explicitly say something. This is a series where Gohan jumped from like 20,000 power level to smacking around final form Freeza just because he got a little angry. We have an arc now with characters who went from Saiyan saga level to universal in the span of a week. Gohan lost a fight to Krillin. None of the scaling makes any sense, and power levels are completely meaningless for determining the outcome of a fight...except when they're not.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sure. I don't think anyone here was disputing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    1: The official English translation changes somethings.
    [...]
    I've checked. As far as I can tell, in the original, it's stated that Kid Buu's power level went back down when he finished regressing.
    So you do read Japanese, then?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

That linked translation looks mad sketchy. I really doubt it's a reliable source. FWIW, I've only ever seen Kid Buu referred to as "weaker, but more dangerous". I can't read Japanese, though, so my input is invalid, I guess.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

11. - Top - End - #41

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Future Sword View Post
    That linked translation looks mad sketchy.
    It does, but Viz' translation says pretty much the same thing.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Farewell, Hiromi. May the gods cower before you in the next life, as well.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Farewell, Hiromi. May the gods cower before you in the next life, as well.
    That is the best epitaph.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Episode 116
    Show
    Well... Ultra Instinct's 'rules' are given more clarity. And seriously Kefla/Kale/Cauifla is a really novice fighter, what with her thinking POWER was all that mattered. She shoulda realized otherwise when she couldn't hit Goku with a Hellzone Grenade type attack.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Show
    Well... Ultra Instinct's 'rules' are given more clarity. And seriously Kefla/Kale/Cauifla is a really novice fighter, what with her thinking POWER was all that mattered. She shoulda realized otherwise when she couldn't hit Goku with a Hellzone Grenade type attack.
    You could say that the power went to her head.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2017-11-18 at 11:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: 116
    Show
    Well, that was... yeah. A pretty amazing finishing blow. My jaw dropped. Totally admit that. I'm just hoping they can top it for the final. It was a great send-off to so many Goku episodes in a row, and now we can watch everyone else for a time.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

17. - Top - End - #47

BlackDragon

Default Clarity

It's not Ultra Instinct. With what we know of it and with Whis confirming it, it's NOT Ultra Instinct. I agree with the name Ultra Instinct Omen/Sign though. However, with how things are going, it may well morph into the real thing before long.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Banned

This was possibly the best choreographed Dragonball fight ever. Definitely the best in a long long time. Super doesn't impress me often, but this episode did so.

Plus, we probably won't have to focus on Kale and Caulifla for a while, so that's definitely a huge plus.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Show

......Kefla literally says "hooray for being born a saiyan." -_-. they're not even pretending anymore.

and yeah, this is exactly how chaotic things would get with saiyans: one powers up, the other powers up even more, which makes the other power up even more, which makes the other one to power up even more....it would just be an endless feedback loop.

and Goku's dodging every single attack. yup, Kefla's doomed.

and Jiren gets up, oh no. that look is a "DOES JIREN HAVE TO SMACK A SAIYAN!?"/"DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!" look.

and yup, Kale and Caulifla are defeated and fall onto the stands. whelp, there goes my favorite part of the tournament. thanks a lot Goku

yeah....your two generic namekians......yeah......I'm sorry U6, but.....you don't have long to live......nice knowing you.....

and the Ultra-Instinct fades, leaving goku to walk wounded through the battlefield once again.

Tournament Status:
    U7: 7/10
    U3: 6/10
    U2: 5/10
    U4: 3/10
    U11: 3/10
    U6: 2/10
    U10: Erased.
    U9: Erased.
    Total: 26 fighters remaining.

so yeah, U6 is doomed, I'll give them one episode to live before Gohan and Piccolo clean up the U6 Namekians. I'm sad at this. Just sad. Kale and Caulifla were like some of the best things about the tournament and now they're on the sidelines are soon going to be erased. No more Kale and Caulifla.....

Why is U6 seem to be the third to be erased? it seems that it shined too early, relied too much on specific super powerful people rather than teamwork, and didn't use their aces right.

Preview:
    So wait, its Androids vs. Universe 2? Huh. okay, not 3, ok. whatever.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-11-19 at 01:19 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Great fight overall. The most interesting part is that Every time we see UI Goku is literally at a last gasp of energy. Once he learns to activate that while he still has his full stamina it's going to get real. The best part however is Caulifla is gone. Kale is interesting enough but I would sacrifice all of universe 6 forever it if meant never seeing her again.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great fight overall. The most interesting part is that Every time we see UI Goku is literally at a last gasp of energy. Once he learns to activate that while he still has his full stamina it's going to get real. The best part however is Caulifla is gone. Kale is interesting enough but I would sacrifice all of universe 6 forever it if meant never seeing her again.
    I don't mind either of them individually. It's when they're interacting with each other that I want to claw my eyes and ears out.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

I don't mind either of them individually. It's when they're interacting with each other that I want to claw my eyes and ears out.
    What are you talking about? their relationship is what makes them work. can't imagine them without each other really.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Which is sort of a downside. They don't really hold up as individual characters, which makes sense since they were just introduced for this arc. Provided they aren't dead forever after this arc I'm hoping they get better characterization , or at least some screen time for Kale that isn't her fawning over lady Boring Alt Lady Goku.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Not seeing the Caulifla hate? They're the best part of the arc in my opinion. like Jiren is still a meaningless do-nothing slacker, U2 is a joke, U7 has lost so little members that it doesn't feel like they are in any danger of actually losing, U9 and U10 are erased, and the rest of the universes have proven ineffectual and not worth noting at all. Kale and Caulifla have characterization, power and heart to them that really is lacking among everyone else.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Show
    Show
    Actually I'd say its the exact opposite. The whole point behind a Hellzone Grenade like attack is that there isn't any opening for someone to dodge through, which is primarily how UI Goku handles his defense..dodging the attack.

It also makes a Hellzone Grenade type attack the perfect example to show off Goku's new reflexes however.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Not seeing the Caulifla hate? They're the best part of the arc in my opinion. like Jiren is still a meaningless do-nothing slacker, U2 is a joke, U7 has lost so little members that it doesn't feel like they are in any danger of actually losing, U9 and U10 are erased, and the rest of the universes have proven ineffectual and not worth noting at all. Kale and Caulifla have characterization, power and heart to them that really is lacking among everyone else.
    She bores me, and reminds me a lot of Gotenks who I consider the worst part of Z. I also really dislike the whole, tingly feeling in my back to go super saiyan followed by SS2 immediately. If they had at least waited till the tournament proper and given her a bit of an arc tin a single episode to unlock it she wouldn't feel so flat. Honestly it feels like they were in such a rush to get to the big first female super saiyen moment that they rushed it forward instead of giving her the gravity the moment deserved. Which is a damn shame since much like the. Death of Superman you only get to do that for the first time once.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    She bores me, and reminds me a lot of Gotenks who I consider the worst part of Z. I also really dislike the whole, tingly feeling in my back to go super saiyan followed by SS2 immediately. If they had at least waited till the tournament proper and given her a bit of an arc tin a single episode to unlock it she wouldn't feel so flat. Honestly it feels like they were in such a rush to get to the big first female super saiyen moment that they rushed it forward instead of giving her the gravity the moment deserved. Which is a damn shame since much like the. Death of Superman you only get to do that for the first time once.
    Didn't feel flat to me, thats just your opinion man.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

It's a lot of people's opinion though.

What bothers me about them is that they're basically hollow caricatures. They have very little personality outside of the trope they each fulfill. This is true for a lot of characters in Super though.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

U6 is hosed. Vegeta had better win and get his wish.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

I'm aware that's my opinion but thanks for reminding me. Its also the opinion of a fair majority of the fandom to one degree or another.