New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Are you...are you serious? The MOVE is called Salamander. No one said she had the Salamander Fruit. The move isn't even supernatural. She lights her hair on fire. There's literally nothing supernatural about that. It's a match. Hair is flammable. Like crazy.
    Well, considering she still has hair after setting it on fire I wouldn't say nothing supernatural*.

Doesn't mean it has to be Haki of course.
    The Hairbender guy from Enis Lobby (Kumadori?) shows pretty clearly there are other ways to protect your hair-do.
    And figure.

*On the other hand One Piece baseline normal is pretty stretched, so for all I know the explanation is something like „strong roots” or at least along those lines...
    Entirely mundane.
    By local standards.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Upload the picture to imgur, link here: https://imgur.com/

Then post the direct link of the picture into the place you put your image initially.
    I dont know what im doing wrong but nothing I do seems to work. I keep getting told its the wrong format. Forget it, back to standard gitp avatars for me I guess.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #453

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dont know what im doing wrong but nothing I do seems to work. I keep getting told its the wrong format. Forget it, back to standard gitp avatars for me I guess.
    Pm me the picture you want to use and I'll set it up for you.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Well, considering she still has hair after setting it on fire I wouldn't say nothing supernatural*.
    Its also like it completely gets ignored that its her ENTIRE body thats on fire. Not just her hair. With a single match.

Doesn't mean it has to be Haki of course.
    The Hairbender guy from Enis Lobby (Kumadori?) shows pretty clearly there are other ways to protect your hair-do.
    And figure.
    True, i did mention it earliere. There have been hinted a few other sources of supernatural effects. But when its a island of Haki experts, then it supports the theory that its Haki. And when its the main thing Mariegold has in common with Luffy, then its one more thing that supports it being Haki.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Luffy realizes the ultimate thing to do with Katakuri is to just be an ******* and run away. He ends up running into Brulee and escapes to Nut Island...from frying pan into fire.txt

That's...about it. Though, we do get a snippet of Sanji's wedding cake. It's so good it can literally kill you. Jeez man. I wonder if we'll get a Souma's Food War reference...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Funny thing about Dogtooth is that right now, Luffy apparently has him trapped in Brûlée's Mirror world, thus essentially taking him out of the fight for the time being, and can keep it that way as long as he can hold on to Brûlée. But even if he didn't need to go back in there to escape Big Mom, he would never leave this fight unfinished.

Also, Big Mom is headed for Death by Chocolate? Wonder if she'll love or hate the Straw Hats after that. Probably both.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I know this is One Piece and these things just don't happen, but I wonder what would happen to Katakuri if Luffy (or someone else) just killed Brulee now.

(Well, to make things more OP-style, he could just knock her out, taking Katakuri out of things for the time needed to deliver the cake...)
    Last edited by Cozzer; 2017-11-12 at 02:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know this is One Piece and these things just don't happen, but I wonder what would happen to Katakuri if Luffy (or someone else) just killed Brulee now.

(Well, to make things more OP-style, he could just knock her out, taking Katakuri out of things for the time needed to deliver the cake...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We get a mini comic arc about his adentures in mirrorland where he befriends martian turtles or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

8. - Top - End - #458

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Things are slowly getting more chaotic, plans don't always work out 100% perfectly. Bege returns to save his wife because the one thing Mama actually did with her horrible scheme was make people actually fall in love. That's cute at least. Luffy notes that he wants to beat Katakiri at full strength so he can get the best result out of it...and Carrot reminds Chopper of the thing Wanda mentioned way back in the Mink kingdom. It's going to be a full moon tonight. Never fight a Mink at a full moon.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Things are slowly getting more chaotic, plans don't always work out 100% perfectly. Bege returns to save his wife because the one thing Mama actually did with her horrible scheme was make people actually fall in love. That's cute at least. Luffy notes that he wants to beat Katakiri at full strength so he can get the best result out of it...and Carrot reminds Chopper of the thing Wanda mentioned way back in the Mink kingdom. It's going to be a full moon tonight. Never fight a Mink at a full moon.
    Spoiler
    Show

I expected Luffy to be smarter than this... Then run away and fight him again when you are both fit, not when you are half dead!

Chiffon... might be as dumb as she looks... sorry. But how can she not guess at her father?

And I totally forgot Mink are werewolves... I'm curious how this will go, at least.
    Also: Way to go Bege, it's not like your wife is his hostage..
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #460

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I expected Luffy to be smarter than this... Then run away and fight him again when you are both fit, not when you are half dead!

Chiffon... might be as dumb as she looks... sorry. But how can she not guess at her father?

And I totally forgot Mink are werewolves... I'm curious how this will go, at least.
    Also: Way to go Bege, it's not like your wife is his hostage..
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm getting the impression from this that she's not met or seen her father in a very long time, so I'm not altogether surprised that she doesn't recognize him.

As for Bege, I get the feeling that he's willing to go this far because he's confident he can get him and his family out of this mess, which at this point I'm not at the point where I'll disbelieve it. Remember, this is a guy who's at least near the par that Luffy's crew is also at, and he's fresh and mostly unhurt with his ENTIRE crew with him who are all completely unhurt. Compared to the Straw Hats he's practically in a golden position right now, especially with no Sweet Commanders nearby to ruin his day.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: New Chapter!
    Show
    That tank-ship-castle amphibian reveal is just Franky-type awesomeness. I can't wait for that to be animated! I wonder how Luffy and Chopper will react to that. Last time we had a ship on land was Alabasta, I think, so this felt quite fresh. A Tank-Ship-Castle. I can't believe I'm typing that noun.

Now, seeing Oven boiling a sizeable portion of the ocean? Wow, that's also surprising! That's the kind of stuff that me or any VS-thread poster would want to compute just to get an idea of just how much ridiculous heat output Oven has. It's not Yamamoto-level cheese, but that's one of the most powerful non-yonkou/admiral/commander feat I've seen in OP!

Of course, we also get to see the Germa-66 fanboy with Sanji.

Oh, and that dude's definitely dead. I'm not feeling the emotion, though, for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

I really cant understand the stupidity of that oven guy though. He knows Big Mom is rampaging.. he knows that the only thing that may stop her is the wedding cake being baked. And yet he still seems to think its a great idea to do everything he can to prevent its delivery.

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I really cant understand the stupidity of that oven guy though. He knows Big Mom is rampaging.. he knows that the only thing that may stop her is the wedding cake being baked. And yet he still seems to think its a great idea to do everything he can to prevent its delivery.
    He was given very specific orders to stop them. That's all Oven cares about, the rest of the world be damned. He's nothing if not loyal.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

He was given very specific orders to stop them. That's all Oven cares about, the rest of the world be damned. He's nothing if not loyal.
    Yup... also, apparently resistant to sea water. Unless he cheated somehow.

But yeah... sorry, old man, little emotion for you. Nice try Oda but he's no Senior Pink.
    I am very curious how this ill end for Pudding and Sanji, though... I guess an ongoing romance seems quite unlikely. (?)
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #465

But yeah... sorry, old man, little emotion for you. Nice try Oda but he's no Senior Pink.
    I am very curious how this ill end for Pudding and Sanji, though... I guess an ongoing romance seems quite unlikely. (?)
    Given what Oda has said previous to this, I don't think it'll be an ongoing romance. But it'll definitely be "something to come home to" for Sanji.

Also Oven got ran over in the treads of the tank. Clearly he just got jammed in them and avoided the water. Ow.

16. - Top - End - #466

PirateGuy

I'll also point out that there's a running theme with the Big Mom pirates that letting their emotions get the better of them inevitably leads to their downfall, all throughout this arc when they've been cool and collected every Big Mom Pirate was basically in control of the situation they found themselves in, but as soon as they got flustered they began to lose.

This also explains why Brulee is this arc's buttmonkey, she at no point has any chill and is thus always at risk.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The water weakness for Devil Fruits doesn't really start kicking in until one has a significant fraction of their body submerged. Oven only put his hands in - that's nowhere near enough to cause problems.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

@ben-zayb: it's impossible to answer without knowing exact volume of water affected and the speed at which it becomes boiling, but a simple calculation assuming 100 meter cube of seawater says it's take energy equivalent to 80 kilotons of TNT exploding to raise the water's temperature from 20 to 100 celsius.

Since vaporization of water is a massive energy sink and the distances involved quite large, Oven could be easily be dumping hundreds of times of that into the sea to achieve the desired effect. So yeah, dude's like a nuclear warhead exploding every few seconds.

This is not actually crazier than feats done by Enel, Akainu, Aokiji or Whitebeard. It's dubious if it's crazier than what Prometheus and Zeus have been shown capable of. The massive Thunder Tempo Nami used evaporated quite a bit of soil.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #469

PirateGuy

YOOOOOOOOO

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's official, Carrot is new Best Girl.

20. - Top - End - #470

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    A FULL MOON RISES. GO, RED HARE!

So the minks become horrifying death monsters during a full moon, and also become less cartoony. Carrot's actually super adorable here to be honest, and also very powerful. Capable of just outright flight.

So yeah she's in the crew proper folks. Don't bother saying otherwise.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Lopunny mega-evolved.

Mega-Lopunny used Hi-Jump Kick! It was super effective.

Mega-Lopunny used Thunder Fang! It was super effective.

Go Moon Rabbit Kung Fu style go!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Well... As people have said.. The were-hare goes on a rampage and it's pretty cool. Still not sure if this means she'll join but it's fun.

Also... Luffy, you're an idiot. But you're the main character, so...
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

It was an awesome turn of event with the rise of the full moon, i am quite certain we got choppers love interest here

Were then also a little more annoyed with Luffy going back. I do think it is the kind of stupidity you mainly get away with from being the main character. As it were i kinda liked Luffy having grown wise enough to accept some battles were not fighting. But i guess he want the boss xp..

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    A FULL MOON RISES. GO, RED HARE!

So the minks become horrifying death monsters during a full moon, and also become less cartoony. Carrot's actually super adorable here to be honest, and also very powerful. Capable of just outright flight.

So yeah she's in the crew proper folks. Don't bother saying otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm I don't think Carrot will join all things considered although I do expect the Musketeers to become a new crew under the Straw Hat alliance. One thing I'd love to see is Zou become the new home of the World Revolution army, Luffy and Dragon meeting up and allying would be another one of those world changing events that Oda likes to show.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Bugbear in the Playground

This also explains why Brulee is this arc's buttmonkey, she at no point has any chill and is thus always at risk.
    You think her getting constantly burned by everyone is a play on her name?

26. - Top - End - #476

PirateGuy

Watched this week's episode, it looks like Toei is actually being smart for once and are showing the fight scenes skipped in the manga to help make up for the time they would otherwise have to spend padding with 50 "shot, reverse shot" staring contests.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: So, clerification.
    Show
    Alright, I've gotten into Zou, and we've met the Mink Tribe. They just formed the Ninja Pirate Mink Samurai Alliance.

Something I'm trying to figure out.

This energy/electricity power all the Mink have? Does it work on Logia types? Cause, if not, I can't help but think all this effort to protect secrets road Poneglyphes and the Ninja and so on seems, ill thought out as otherwise they don't appear to have had any way to stop a Logia from coming in and just laying waste to the place any time they wanted.
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #478

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Spoiler: So, clerification.
    Show
    Alright, I've gotten into Zou, and we've met the Mink Tribe. They just formed the Ninja Pirate Mink Samurai Alliance.

Something I'm trying to figure out.

This energy/electricity power all the Mink have? Does it work on Logia types? Cause, if not, I can't help but think all this effort to protect secrets road Poneglyphes and the Ninja and so on seems, ill thought out as otherwise they don't appear to have had any way to stop a Logia from coming in and just laying waste to the place any time they wanted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah the Mink electricity hurts Logia. The benefit Logia have is that as they are made out of their element, attacks typically just pass through them. The electro claw or whatever it's called is I'm pretty sure a utilization of haki that the Mink can do, or otherwise powerful enough that yeah, you might be made out of fire, but it's still electricity going straight into your fire bones.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah the Mink electricity hurts Logia. The benefit Logia have is that as they are made out of their element, attacks typically just pass through them. The electro claw or whatever it's called is I'm pretty sure a utilization of haki that the Mink can do, or otherwise powerful enough that yeah, you might be made out of fire, but it's still electricity going straight into your fire bones.
    Honestly, the actual answer is that we dont really know, since we have not seen any minks fight a logia. It can be that it affects them. But it can also be that it affect fire just as well as a bullet would (not at all)
    And if ordinary electricity worked on logia, then they would likely not be nearly as hard to deal with.

But at the same time, then i dont think its to big of an issued. Logia is extremely rare. And i suspect the Minks would have at least a couple warriors able to use Haki.

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Honestly, the actual answer is that we dont really know, since we have not seen any minks fight a logia. It can be that it affects them. But it can also be that it affect fire just as well as a bullet would (not at all)
    And if ordinary electricity worked on logia, then they would likely not be nearly as hard to deal with.

But at the same time, then i dont think its to big of an issued. Logia is extremely rare. And i suspect the Minks would have at least a couple warriors able to use Haki.
    Fair point, shoulda specified that my bad.

Also new chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mama has reached that state Chouji did in Naruto. It's time for some super violence.