New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dancing Fox Inn XIII- Luck Costs Extra

Finally, Telue makes it to her destination. The Dancing Fox Inn!
    Hmm.
    Doesn't really look like much, does it? Quaint, perhaps.

She sets a smile on her face and heads inside, her levitating suitcase trailing behind. Now, to see about renting a room. She thinks she's probably never traveled so much in all her six decades of life. Although distance along the roads here, it wasn't clear just how long it had taken to get here from the city. Far too long, that's for certain.

Oh. There's a literal dancing fox-person. That must be where the name comes from. And she had thought it was just one of those odd names these places have.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Off in a corner

That I'm afraid not. But many people around here do, so it's easy to buy magic items. A token like that will work for anyone that knows the command word. This one's fairly simple - it takes a message to a single person and returns with their reply.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'm like a lot of other wizards, except my power comes from spirits and the world they inhabit, parallel to ours." Ashley shrugs. "Spacious, sure, but I've had to figure out how to get running water and power and heat and all that crap."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Hello, Lynton!" Kin's hand is kind of cool. Definitely not cold, but a bit below normal human body temperature. Probably having to due with her being cold-blooded.
    "Thank you very much!" She says, her face blushing blue just a bit. "I- Uh-" Though, with her moment of embarrassment powering her stammering, how does she even reply to that? She didn't exactly pick out her colors. "I try to make sure to keep them clean so they stay all shiny."
    Lynton grins, his polite charm keeping him from chuckling.
    "I can't say I've ever met anyone like you before, not to make something of it."
    He takes the seat next to her.
    "So what're you doing 'round these parts?"

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "I'm like a lot of other wizards, except my power comes from spirits and the world they inhabit, parallel to ours." Ashley shrugs. "Spacious, sure, but I've had to figure out how to get running water and power and heat and all that crap."
    "Interesting! So is it, like, a mirror world? So say there's a me and a you, or is it more just a world in general, doing their own thing on their own times?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Earth View Post
    Lynton grins, his polite charm keeping him from chuckling.
    "I can't say I've ever met anyone like you before, not to make something of it."
    He takes the seat next to her.
    "So what're you doing 'round these parts?"
    "Well, it's definitely always fun meeting new people!

Well. I just got off of assignment, and wanted to come get a drink. It''s been a while since I've been through the Nexus, and I was thirsty.
    . . .
    So, really, nothing much. How about you? What are you doin' here?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Off in a corner

That I'm afraid not. But many people around here do, so it's easy to buy magic items. A token like that will work for anyone that knows the command word. This one's fairly simple - it takes a message to a single person and returns with their reply.
    [Off in a Corner]

"Aah, you must be renowned indeed to afford such luxuries." Anastasia comments.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, it's definitely always fun meeting new people!

Well. I just got off of assignment, and wanted to come get a drink. It''s been a while since I've been through the Nexus, and I was thirsty.
    . . .
    So, really, nothing much. How about you? What are you doin' here?"
    Lynton grins, always enjoying the chance to talk about his work.
    "I'm on the hunt for rare and exotic plant species in the area, and was looking for a local place I could use as a 'base of operations' of sorts."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Off in a Corner

Candace smiles. Not so much as you might think. There really are very many magic users here. Sometimes it's cheaper to find a way to make things by magic than otherwise. She pauses, looking at Kulpa. A lot of them aren't very powerful either - they do some minor spells but not a lot of big stuff.

9. - Top - End - #369

Ashley chuckles and shakes her head. "I don't know what kind of mirror the Spirit World would be holding up to ours if that were the case. No, it's its own plane of existence, with its own denizens. We conjurers form bonds with the spirits, through friendship or bargain, to borrow their power."

10. - Top - End - #370

Lynton grins, always enjoying the chance to talk about his work.
    "I'm on the hunt for rare and exotic plant species in the area, and was looking for a local place I could use as a 'base of operations' of sorts."
    "Well that sounds delightful! I'm afraid I can't help too much with that. I just got here myself, and am fairly unfamiliar with the area.
    But this place seems decent enough as a base."

Ashley chuckles and shakes her head. "I don't know what kind of mirror the Spirit World would be holding up to ours if that were the case. No, it's its own plane of existence, with its own denizens. We conjurers form bonds with the spirits, through friendship or bargain, to borrow their power."
    "Hmmm. I see." Kin falls silent, thinking about what she just heard. "And does this allow for unique spells? It sounds like a unique way of gaining the power and using it, but are the tools that are brought along with it unique as well?" She sounds more curious than anything.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

[Off In A Corner]

"Amazing." Says Anastasia. "Magic is rare where I come from, especially for my people."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

12. - Top - End - #372

"Well, I've been trying to make tools for a while now - stable ways to enter the spirit world, better conduits for the power, and such. But when it comes to spells, the biggest limits are how much power you can throw around, and your own imagination." Ashley shrugs. "We can kind of just tell the laws of physics to take a hike for a while, and make a bit of the world behave like the spirit world."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Off in a Corner

Right about then the pigeon comes back. Candace removes the paper and it turns back into stone. Looks like these coins are good, but it's best if we spend them sooner rather than later. We should head out shopping - you two need some new clothes.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well that sounds delightful! I'm afraid I can't help too much with that. I just got here myself, and am fairly unfamiliar with the area.
    But this place seems decent enough as a base."
    "Well that makes two of us when it comes to familiarity with this land. It's my first time in these parts. I hope they aren't too confusing and convoluted a landscape."

15. - Top - End - #375

"Well, I've been trying to make tools for a while now - stable ways to enter the spirit world, better conduits for the power, and such. But when it comes to spells, the biggest limits are how much power you can throw around, and your own imagination." Ashley shrugs. "We can kind of just tell the laws of physics to take a hike for a while, and make a bit of the world behave like the spirit world."
    "That sounds pretty cool, actually. How long have you been at it?"

"Well that makes two of us when it comes to familiarity with this land. It's my first time in these parts. I hope they aren't too confusing and convoluted a landscape."
    "Ooooh I'm sure they are." Kin replies with a smile and genuine, pure, remarkably adorable laugh. "But that's all right. It'll all work out, I'm sure."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376

Ashley shrugs and takes a pull of her drink. "Since I was a kid. I've always had this power, it's just taken me a long time to learn how to control it, or even to commune with a spirit."

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ooooh I'm sure they are." Kin replies with a smile and genuine, pure, remarkably adorable laugh. "But that's all right. It'll all work out, I'm sure."
    Lynton nods, taking a sip from a drink he had order.
    "That would be nice. Though I perhaps getting lost is an adventure in and of itself."

18. - Top - End - #378

Ashley shrugs and takes a pull of her drink. "Since I was a kid. I've always had this power, it's just taken me a long time to learn how to control it, or even to commune with a spirit."
    "Oh wow!" Kin also takes a swig of her own drink. "I mean, I'd say that speaks volume of you. Sticking to it and figuring it all out, I'm guessing, on your own? Because that takes a lot of dedication."

Lynton nods, taking a sip from a drink he had order.
    "That would be nice. Though I perhaps getting lost is an adventure in and of itself."
    "That is perfectly fair! It can be fun sometimes getting lost. Though it helps if you know for sure that it's a nice enough area and not dangerous."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Pixie in the Playground

"That is perfectly fair! It can be fun sometimes getting lost. Though it helps if you know for sure that it's a nice enough area and not dangerous."
    "I'm not sure I know enough about this area to know that's true. Anywhere can be dangerous if you aren't prepared."

20. - Top - End - #380

"I'm not sure I know enough about this area to know that's true. Anywhere can be dangerous if you aren't prepared."
    "That is a fair point. But I think around here if you stick to the more public areas, and then especially the market sort of zones, and don't fall for any shady looking alleyways or anything, it should be safe enough. I think."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381

Ashley shakes her head. "I didn't really have much of a choice, to be honest. It was either learn to control my magic, or let it hurt everyone around me."

22. - Top - End - #382

Ashley shakes her head. "I didn't really have much of a choice, to be honest. It was either learn to control my magic, or let it hurt everyone around me."
    Kin lets out a slow breath. "I am very sorry to hear that. That's never a fun position to be in. I was rather in a situation somewhat similar, and it simply is the worst."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383

Ashley raises an eyebrow at Kin. "What do you mean, similar? You have magic too?" She didn't seem to, but magic came in many different flavors.

24. - Top - End - #384

Ashley raises an eyebrow at Kin. "What do you mean, similar? You have magic too?" She didn't seem to, but magic came in many different flavors.
    "In a manner." Kin admits with a bit of a shrug. "I can . . . well. I can just kinda make things warm." She blushes just a bit. Really, it doesn't seem anywhere near that interesting, or even worthy of bringing up in the light of the present conversation, but here she was, letting her mouth run away with her.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

"Magic manifests in people in many different ways around here, I've noticed. Some people have to read some book before they can cast their spells." Ash snickers after that last bit. "Least you don't have to do that, right?"

26. - Top - End - #386

"Magic manifests in people in many different ways around here, I've noticed. Some people have to read some book before they can cast their spells." Ash snickers after that last bit. "Least you don't have to do that, right?"
    "Oooooh no." Kin actually laughs a bit at that. Not really at any one, but . . . it's just such a silly thing to have to do. "Nah, for me, I just . . . kinda want something. Super limited, but just want it enough and bam.

For example, I want a refill on my drink."
    The bartender, overhearing, comes over, reaches across the bar, and refills Kin's cup.
    "Boom. I am the best mage."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Ash laughs a little at the oh-so-magic spell. "Dang, I can't hope to compete with that. Guess I'll just hang up my wizard hats for good."

28. - Top - End - #388

Ash laughs a little at the oh-so-magic spell. "Dang, I can't hope to compete with that. Guess I'll just hang up my wizard hats for good."
    Kin makes a bit of a sound. That 'gotcha' sorta tich. "Better move over. There's a new wizard in town." She manages to keep a straight face for several more seconds, before devolving into just pure, clear, happy sounding giggles. "Naaaah, please don't resign on my behalf. I can only be in so many places at once, and if people need a good mage, it'd be nice to be able to direct them your way, instead of having to do aaaalllll of it myself." Her tone is still fairly light, and for all her talk, she knows she's not a mage, and doesn't really strive to be one. But she's having fun talking with Ash, and doesn't want to lose the mood.
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-08-01 at 10:38 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389

Ashley laughs as well at that. "Yeah, I guess so. I might be a biiiit more powerful of a mage than you anyway," she says. She takes another pull of her drink, then shakes off the aftertaste. "Plus I don't have any hats to hang up."

30. - Top - End - #390

Ashley laughs as well at that. "Yeah, I guess so. I might be a biiiit more powerful of a mage than you anyway," she says. She takes another pull of her drink, then shakes off the aftertaste. "Plus I don't have any hats to hang up."
    "Pffff. Pff. PFFFFFF.
    More powerful. Hah."
    Kin downs her drink in one go. "There are none more powerful than me!

. . .

Though you are very hot, so I suppose you can have this one~"
    Kin says with a . . . blink? Wink? Probably a wink, though only having one eye makes it more difficult to tell. "Hats are fun!"
    Show