New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Well, my latest two RoPs weren't great, but weren't terrible. VI gave me Edgar's SSB, a spear with KO chance and Imperil Bio, which is certainly a thing. Or would be, if Team Bio anything. And V gave me Bartz' Glint, a bracer with +Fire, which reduces SPB cast time and grants SPB Ability Boost. Because Bartz needed help being the MVSPB.

Like I said, not great, but not terrible. Happy pulls, all.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, my latest two RoPs weren't great, but weren't terrible. VI gave me Edgar's SSB, a spear with KO chance and Imperil Bio, which is certainly a thing. Or would be, if Team Bio anything. And V gave me Bartz' Glint, a bracer with +Fire, which reduces SPB cast time and grants SPB Ability Boost. Because Bartz needed help being the MVSPB.

Like I said, not great, but not terrible. Happy pulls, all.
    Not bad, not bad.

While VI gave me junk, V gave Bartz EnFire. Goes with his AOSB nicely, he now has a spot on Team Fire.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

This was the stretch of RoP where I was really helping to make some progress but it's been dupes.

Fest banner info is out now and aside from changes in the pool, the order is also different, oddly enough:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...y/fest_banner/

1: I could have done without more dupes but earth and earth magic especially are dire needs.

2: technically less dupes, but in general I think most would rather have Terra DC.

3 seems to the odd one. Tidus is strong so I can sort of see that. Even if it was just "Bursts from FFX" Paine's at least provide water boosts while Rikku's is maybe interesting if you already have her chain at best.

4: Dark Cecil's shtick is apparently perfect for the IV torment, so dropping him for Pants is kind of odd.

5: ends up slightly better for me as I already have Kain's LMR.

4. - Top - End - #184

Yup, definitely not interested in those banners.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    This was the stretch of RoP where I was really helping to make some progress but it's been dupes.

Fest banner info is out now and aside from changes in the pool, the order is also different, oddly enough:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...y/fest_banner/

1: I could have done without more dupes but earth and earth magic especially are dire needs.

2: technically less dupes, but in general I think most would rather have Terra DC.

3 seems to the odd one. Tidus is strong so I can sort of see that. Even if it was just "Bursts from FFX" Paine's at least provide water boosts while Rikku's is maybe interesting if you already have her chain at best.

4: Dark Cecil's shtick is apparently perfect for the IV torment, so dropping him for Pants is kind of odd.

5: ends up slightly better for me as I already have Kain's LMR.
    Alright, it looks like they shuffled around some of the original projections. JP Banner 1 (Lightning) is now Banner 5; JP Banner 2 (Ice/Water) is now Banner 3 and has been de-Bartzed; JP Banner 3 (Earth) is now Banner 1; JP Banner 4 (Wind/Fire) is now Banner 2; and JP Banner 5 (Holy/Dark) is now Banner 4 and has been de-Deciled.

And honestly... Eh. I could pull on Banner 2 for a shot at Ulala's USB, but honestly, between dupes and just plain unappealing relics, I feel like I could pass on this whole fest.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

My Parade Draws have hit a bit of a lull as well. FF7-5 dropped Aeris BSB2, Edgar BSB, and Krile's Sheepsong SSB. The first is almost never going to surpass her USB1 despite Shellga's questionable inclusion (though it is a nice slot saver for the Torment!). The second is an en-bio, aka novel but bad. And the third is a dupe. Womp womp.

Fest wise, I'm a little underwhelmed. Dupe count is at 1/3/3/3/3, so none of them are massive outliers, just a big pile of "Hm, this could go poorly." It remains entirely possible that the remaining parade & lucky draws throw that for a loop, but so it goes. I think that part of the hangup for me is that fest banners hit such a variety of characters. I'm getting to the point of "Hey, I'd like for Celes/Shadow/Locke/whoever" to have a shot at some play time, but fest banners are a deeply mixed bag. Hey, Garnet could be relevant! Or I could begrudgingly dive some nerd from FF15 that I'll forever confuse with one of the other nerds from FF15.

It doesn't help that I'm not really sure where I need the most help, elementally. Ingus BSB2+CSB will <I>I think</I> be enough to get me through lightning magicite, especially with support from Bartz/Galuf/Maria and company. For lightning damage, Shantotto/Ashe/Rafa is beastly, and Sora/Lightning provide a pair of ASBs (among other toys) between the two of them for physical. Water is likewise pretty solid for physical via Tidus/Bartz/Edge, and water magic is of course a trash fire that's hard to do anything about. And that's enough to carry us through to the next fest, so who even knows.
    Merlin the Tuna

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this is a decent pull. One disco ball for Valvalis Barbariccia - her USB. 10-hit ST Wind/Non damage, En-Wind, +MAG/RES, and a Wind chaser.

For Barbariccia, that's basically just two abilities - Meltdown and Tornado - but the chaser is decent. This is basically her attempt to dethrone Fujin. It won't work, of course, because Fujin is awesome, her BSB pairs fast cast times with an AoE RES debuff, and she isn't limited to two BLM abilities. But it's an admirable try.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this is a decent pull. One disco ball for Valvalis Barbariccia - her USB. 10-hit ST Wind/Non damage, En-Wind, +MAG/RES, and a Wind chaser.
    For the second time this RoP, I had the same pull as you. Also it's a +wind dagger, even if it's magic focused.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #189

RedWizardGuy

Well, yesterday I got Xezat's SSB, to add to his BSB & RLM. Today, got Paladin Cecil's Arcane. Shame about the lack of En Holy.

On Festival Banners. I got Chains for Ice (Rinoa), Earth (Ingus), Fire (Gilgamesh), and Water (Strago). Lacking Chains: Wind, Lighting, Holy & Dark.

Banners 2 and 5 seem somewhat useful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

10. - Top - End - #190

Got a dupe on IV.

For chains I only have Rikku’s Water and Snow’s Ice. Oh, and recently Dagger’s Lightning. Quite lacking.

Edit: rando question. How many 99s do you all have? I’m up to 64. Slow going with the not too many MC3s. But the perma Shores of Wisdom is niiiiiiiiice.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-20 at 10:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Edit: rando question. How many 99s do you all have? I’m up to 64. Slow going with the not too many MC3s. But the perma Shores of Wisdom is niiiiiiiiice.
    Huh. Good question. Lessee.

... 144. Plus or minus five. Holy crap.

Basically, anybody who got a BSB or better, anybody who got a free MC3, they all got ground/egged to 99. So all of the core classes, plus Tyro and Ulala; Aemo, because I got her USB; Riku and Sora, because free MC3s; most of T-0, because BSBs/USBs; and at least four from every other realm.

You know, you never step back to look at it, but... huh. That's a lot.

12. - Top - End - #192

Huh. Good question. Lessee.

... 144. Plus or minus five. Holy crap.

Basically, anybody who got a BSB or better, anybody who got a free MC3, they all got ground/egged to 99. So all of the core classes, plus Tyro and Ulala; Aemo, because I got her USB; Riku and Sora, because free MC3s; most of T-0, because BSBs/USBs; and at least four from every other realm.

You know, you never step back to look at it, but... huh. That's a lot.
    Holy canoley.

How many MC3s you got?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Holy canoley.

How many MC3s you got?
    Left? Lemme check... 58.

Can those numbers even be right? How many characters are there in this game?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Left? Lemme check... 58.

Can those numbers even be right? How many characters are there in this game?
    221 according to the official strategy site

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

15. - Top - End - #195

Yeah, entirely too many. That's how a lot of Lucky and RoP Draws go. "Oh right, Elena, who has like 5 lines in FF7, is in this game."

I think that if I totally bottomed out my egg supply, I'd just about have everybody maxed. And I have about 14 characters left who haven't been MC3'd. Everything Is A Lot.

Oh, and my FF4 draw was a 1/3 Rydia BSB dupe. The en-earth one. So that's two dupe whips in a row. :P
    Merlin the Tuna

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Yeah, entirely too many. That's how a lot of Lucky and RoP Draws go. "Oh right, Elena, who has like 5 lines in FF7, is in this game."

I think that if I totally bottomed out my egg supply, I'd just about have everybody maxed. And I have about 14 characters left who haven't been MC3'd. Everything Is A Lot.

Oh, and my FF4 draw was a 1/3 Rydia BSB dupe. The en-earth one. So that's two dupe whips in a row. :P
    If they add Tseng we could have a full Turks team!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

RoP III is up. 1/3, Desch's BSB. Not terrible, has a nice MAG/DEF bargain on cmd 2, but still, meh.

Know what else is up? The first Lucky Draw leading up to Fest, featuring LMRs. My pull? 1/11, Vanille's LMR. Chance to boost her healing when using WHT. That's legitimately bad by LMR standards.

Hope yours are better. Happy pulls, all.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipping the LMR lucky. Very few good LMRs in too big a pool.

III RoP was a 1/3 Disco however. OK OSB. Useless, but it's shiny?

Steam Profile

19. - Top - End - #199

1/3 on III, got Ignus LMR. My first relic for him.

Did the LD, went 2/11. Got Maria and Aranea LMR. Pretty bad, don’t use either of them. But all it takes is 1 good relic for them...

Edit: oh, and down to 4 mythril, lulz.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-21 at 09:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

1/3 on FF3, and it's a disco.... Luneth ASB. Pretty good, and I've got his BSB for a source of en-wind, so that's nice. I let myself believe it was an OK USB for a moment though, so maybe not as good as I briefly believed.

1/11 on the LMR draw, which was a bit of a bummer. It's also Vanille LMR, but apparently a different one from Red - chance to chase any white magic (seemingly including heals!) with a holy, white magic, DEF/RES break. Definitely not a game changer, but potentially useful for the Torment, which is about all I ask for out of most relics at this point.
    Merlin the Tuna

21. - Top - End - #201

RedWizardGuy

I also got Desch's BSB. And on the Daily, got Lightning's original SB. I have 10 Mythril, time to farm like mad in the Realm Dungeons on the next week.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

22. - Top - End - #202

BardGuy

If you haven't missed any you should be pretty close to having enough MCIIIs for everybody possibly as soon as the fest login bonus. And there is a very slow drip of new characters after this last T0.

Actually if we don't get WoFF back in the rotation (if only to hype Maxima's release in early November) we may only see Hilda this year.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-09-22 at 02:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

This far into the Happy Gacha, it hasn't been very happy for me. Many dupes, many SSBs, and many "none of the relics I could care about".

First, let's get the Daily Draws out of the way. All have been either 4* or 2*. When they've been 2*, pulls have been...meh. When they're 4*...they've been definitely meh. Strangely enough, I haven't seen many 3* items, and they're supposed to be the most numerous now.

As for the Happy Gacha (which I mentioned, isn't very happy on my side)...let's start with FFV. Gilgamesh's Chain, Bartz' plethora of relics and/or USB, something else for poor Faris..., and what do I get?

1/3, no Disco, no dupe.

• Galuf's Jujitsu Gi! Another light armor for Team V, but this one is Galuf's non-Invincibility SSB. The effect is good, since it's Crit = 50%, but the rest is beaten by his USB...which I also got. As well as his BSB. And LMR. Seriously, DeNA, what's with you and trying to stick Old Man Galuf up my bum!? Do you SERIOUSLY want him on Team V?

Then, Happy Gacha for IV. Not many possibilities, but I've been waiting HARD for Paladin Cecil's version of the Wall (as you already know). What do I get?

1/3, no Disco, no dupe.
    • Rydia's Mystic Whip! Which is...basically a troll pull by any standards. It's outdated as bollocks, and the actual summon does much better nowadays. If anything, it's a whip for her? +DEF to everybody? Not like it really surprises me...

Then, Happy Gacha for III. Wouldn't mind something nice; maybe Ingus' BSB so that I can finally do the RIGHT thing and pull Terra's BSB2 from the Acolytes' Archives (I haven't claimed that because of the minuscule possibility). That said, I'm pretty set here, so a non-dupe wouldn't be a surprise. What do I get?

1/3, no Disco, and the weirdest non-dupe ever.
    • Desch's Ancient Sword! As you can figure it out, it's not a dupe, but everythng it does gets overshadowed by his USB, WHICH I ALREADY GOT! About the only benefit is +MAG, but Team Lightning already has Rapha granting that, so not even THAT benefit. So, while I didn't get a dupe, I got something so overshadowed, a dupe of the Gladius would have been far, far superior.

And finally, just because Legend Materias can be cool, I did a pull on the LMR Lucky Draw. Was it better? You can judge for yourself

2/11, no dupe, and no possibilities of a Disco (seriously, check it out!)
    • Edgar's Genji Shield! This one is actually very good! You see, it's basically the same LMR as Bartz, but for Machinist abilities. Edgar also happens to have dualcast Machinist as his LM2.. So, combine the two, and you can get the possibility of quadcast Machinist abilities. That means quadcast Offerings, quadcast elemental Rapid Shots and most relevant for him, quadcast Bio Grenades. This also covers his BSB, and since he can Imperil Bio, he's basically a one-stop shop for Bio damage. Now, if there was a weapon that gave a boost to Poison damage...
    • Garnet's Lamia's Tiara! It's a booster to duration of buffs, much like what Ramza gets, and many others get. Seems odd for Garnet, who's primarily a Summoner with a dash of White Mage, but then...it extends Bard abilities (which she has 5* access at the bare minimum), WHM buffs (Protectga, Shellga, Hastega), and her most recent SBs also grant buffs (her BSB2 grants a Boostga/Faithga, and her SSB grants a MAG/DEF boost much like what Cid Raines does), so she has many ways to take advantage of those stats. It's not entirely bad, particularly as she does a good deal of the buffing for Team Lightning, but...it's not very amazing either, compared to the Bards and Dancers that grant mini-Medicas. When compared to that...

Doing the Crystal Tower now. Man, that battle with the Brothers is such a slog! Maybe if I try with Leila instead of Kefka, and Squall instead of Seifer...
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

24. - Top - End - #204

RedWizardGuy

4/11 on the Legend Materia LD. Got new materias for Edgar, Garland and Iris, and a dupe of Faris (a +wind gear). Also got another 5* on the Daily Draw, an old FF VIII dagger with a shared fire spellblade attack. Pretty good stuff. Edgar and Iris both already had USB & BSB, with the materia they are truly focused powerhouses.

Edgar edges over Prompto for using swords, spears, helms and shields, while having more elements, while Prompto has access to bows and being quite fast.

Edit: FF II pull - Gordon's RLM. Cool design on the Shield, at least.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2018-09-22 at 08:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this is it. Just a couple of nights until Fest proper.

Tonight's RoP is II, and my result: 1/3, Firion's BSB. You 'member this thing? It's bad, but then again, so is Firion. It's a Holy/Non BSB for a character who doesn't otherwise use Holy abilities. Cmd 1 is iterative, which sounded like a really neat idea until we learned how crappy it was. Cmd 2 turns his next attack into a noncharge, which would be great if he had any good attacks to speak of. It's just bad.

As for the LD, I'm skipping it. OSBs are not my cup of tea generally, and that's before you consider the dupes. Admittedly, with the announcement of 5-star Magicite, OSBs have a purpose - overflow damage knocks the bosses out of their "Savage Overdrive" state, apparently. (Which is a non-issue for me, since I haven't even cleared my last two 3-star Magicites.) But even so, I'm still not buying it. Saving my mythril for something more worthwhile. Like tomorrow night's USB LD.

Speaking of something else more worthwhile, hardworking Redditor Sandslice has once again compiled the Fest banners, with analysis. You can find the main thread here, and he has posted analyses of banners 1, 2, and 3 so far.

Short version? Banner 1 is great if you want Earth damage or are ready for Red XIII to be a competent BLM. Banner 2 has some real nice stuff, including Ulala's USB, and an all-new USB for OK that's honestly kind of sick. Banner 3 has some good stuff for Celes, and also some dated crap.

Happy pulls, all.

26. - Top - End - #206

Counterpoint on Firion BSB - it's an insta-cast party mBlink, which is fantastic. It's his best relic in global, IMO, since his lack of holy abilities doesn't detract from the SB's core function, and instacast means that it doesn't disrupt his ability usage significantly. He's still lousy in elemental teams, but that's a nice boost for FF2 as a realm.

As for me, I went 1/3 with a dupe of Guy's BSB. It's earth+, but I've got a couple other earth+ weapons so I may end up combining it. We'll see; probably not spending too much time on the new magicite tonight.

I also went 2/11 on the OSB lucky, which I kinda thought was the USB lucky since it featured Orlandu and Vivi on the image. Don't get me wrong, I always intended to pull on all of the luckies, I was just a little confused when the relics popped up. Anywho, I got a dupe of Lightning OSB and a brand new Fujin OSB. Magical wind tech is rare enough that that's fantastic, and both have synergy element+ so they'll make for those characters' best stat sticks in Torment Town. Given that I have no faithgas in FF8, that could actually change a few things. I'm currently at 70% clear, so it (and a few LDs) could help push the rest of the way through.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-09-22 at 08:40 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Counterpoint on Firion BSB - it's an insta-cast party mBlink, which is fantastic. It's his best relic in global, IMO, since his lack of holy abilities doesn't detract from the SB's core function, and instacast means that it doesn't disrupt his ability usage significantly. He's still lousy in elemental teams, but that's a nice boost for FF2 as a realm.
    I concur with this, particularly the bolded section. It's one of the first IC mBlinks, and as a Burst, it adds some nice things. Note that the non-charge applies to everything you cast - including RWs, so you can IC your second cast of Divine Veil Grimoire if you want to. It's something like Zell's BSB, which is also IC, grants a buff on entry, and second cast is IC everything. The idea is to gauge when the Burst is about to fall off, fire the RW, then fire the Burst and retain a stable IC rotation.

Also - the iteration mechanic is good if you're stuck in a long battle. Like, most likely, the Neo Torment for II. Torment bosses have Omni-weaknesses, so Firion will do well with Holy. While it starts slow, eventually 8 hits will stack up, and with a Realm Chain, will rack up the damage pretty fast.

Firion has the same problem as Rikku, except Firion has access to a way to boost SB gauge - too much of a broad focus. Right now, Firion has stabilized into Samurai, but there's no Holy Samurai abilities, and nothing to truly bridge those. Making Firion something like the THUNDER GOD, or Wind God Gau, where you get a big focus on two schools (in Firion's case, it could be Combat and Samurai) would do a lot to bring him up to being good. Say, something like Combat/Samurai Ability Boost, or QC3 after using a Combat or Samurai ability, or...why not both? Why not that and an iterative Chaser?

Anyways: no one has to be a genius to figure out my eyes are on Banner 2. Unfortunately, XIV got a few items there, and most of them are dupes, so I'm about to enter Dupe City (I know it - Hot Potato wants to be good, but...) On the other hand, there's a ton of good Ultras, and not just my darling Terra's Brave USB, but also Onion's "look at me, I'm magic Bartz!" USB, as well as the Ultra Medica of Tyro's girlfriend.

Oh yeah, the draws for today. Daily Draw, contrary to what I said yesterday (or maybe just an exception that doesn't disprove the rule) was a 3*. Nothing very impressive, anyways.

Happy Gacha for II? I mean, Maria is completely abandoned, and so is Josef, and so is poor Ricard. What do I get?
    1/3, no Disco, no dupe.
    • Minwu's Bulwark! While a Legend Materia, it's not really bad. It grants Mirror Image when you heal someone, which is a bit difficult when you're focused on killing, but it fits wonderfully with his Ultra. Heal twice, have twice the chances to grant Mirror Image. Most importantly, it's a Shield for Team II, and not just that, it's Minwu's iconic shield. Remember he was the one that showed White Mages could equip Shields. Not too shabby.

Finally, the OSB Lucky Draw. This one is a bit of a mix, because it doesn't have 5* (woo-hoo!), but focuses on Overstrikes (erm...yay?) Not even Arcane Overstrikes, mind you; just regular Overstrikes. It's also a relatively reduced number. To be honest, I pulled here on a whim. So, what do I get?

1/11, guaranteed DISCO, and no dupe.
    • Gabranth's Helter Skelter! Erm...not very impressive, except it's another 6* +Dark weapon. Which is a sword. Which I got a dime a dozen, specifically because I also got DK!Cecil's Arcane Overstrike. Anyways, it's an OSB, with the caveat that it gets stronger the more Dark attacks you make. Notice I said "Dark", not "Darkness". Note also that his main source of Dark damage is Darkness abilities, so there's that. Oh yeah, and Heavy Physical, maybe?

Aaaaand also, I beat the Crystal Tower. Funny story, the Brothers kept handing my bum to me every single time, but I kept going and managed to wing a victory. The Ultima Demon Assassin siblings fell like chumps to Team Tactics, the creepy twins Zorn and Thorn fell to Team IX with new toys (Zidane's USB, Garnet's LMR) after a few hair-pulls...but the Magus Sisters took me a good part of the morning to beat. Rosa was perfect for them, as I could focus-fire on a single target to provide mBlink, or do instant heal on an emergency, but what I hated is that Cindy just refused to die. She managed to revive both Sandy AND Mindy before dying, because chipping at her HP was a chore. Winning team subbed FuSoYa (which I used as a Holy damage option with Hastega) for trusty Celes, and had Celes tank Ultimate casts while Paladin!Cecil and Edward built up the damage. The unsung hero here was, believe it or not, Ursula's SSB - with Last Stand helping Celes survive, a second source of Medica for when Rosa didn't have her SB gauge charged (and Enkidu was on play), Piercing Strike shaving off chunks of Cindy's HP before Spoony Bard even began singing, and Kick providing decent AoE damage with high chances of dualcast was pretty surprising. There was no one else I could really use: Golbez no longer feels like the obvious choice since his little brother also got a Sentinel effect with his BSB2, Kain doesn't have anything that helps him for a long battle, Tellah focuses on Earth and not on Holy which is what I wanted, and same for Palom.

Suffice to say that I couldn't master neither the Brothers nor the Magus Sisters. The Brothers were because I was using a ton of lv. 80 characters for those fights (Edgar, Kefka and Zell), so they weren't hitting as fast as they should, and Zell bit the dust in mid-battle, leaving Edgar without Crit = 50% or a steady source of damage. That said, Edgar was the star of that battle, because dualcast Bio Grenade while EnPoison'd, after a hit with Imperil Poison, made his attacks hit real well, while still having enough Defense to matter (good ol' Drill relic offering +20 Def!)
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Unfortunately I'll not be pulling on the fest banners unless we get a lot of mythril, as I need to grind out some record dungeons in order to pull on the USB lucky draw tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #209

BardGuy

Firion has something of a "spam this all day" shtick but his newer stuff doesn't mix with his old stuff.

On that note:
    ROP II draw- wanted Maria, got Emperor. I think this is the second time in a row. At least it's an earth boost.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this is it. Just a couple of nights until Fest proper.

Tonight's RoP is II, and my result: 1/3, Firion's BSB. You 'member this thing? It's bad, but then again, so is Firion. It's a Holy/Non BSB for a character who doesn't otherwise use Holy abilities. Cmd 1 is iterative, which sounded like a really neat idea until we learned how crappy it was. Cmd 2 turns his next attack into a noncharge, which would be great if he had any good attacks to speak of. It's just bad.

As for the LD, I'm skipping it. OSBs are not my cup of tea generally, and that's before you consider the dupes. Admittedly, with the announcement of 5-star Magicite, OSBs have a purpose - overflow damage knocks the bosses out of their "Savage Overdrive" state, apparently. (Which is a non-issue for me, since I haven't even cleared my last two 3-star Magicites.) But even so, I'm still not buying it. Saving my mythril for something more worthwhile. Like tomorrow night's USB LD.

Speaking of something else more worthwhile, hardworking Redditor Sandslice has once again compiled the Fest banners, with analysis. You can find the main thread here, and he has posted analyses of banners 1, 2, and 3 so far.

Short version? Banner 1 is great if you want Earth damage or are ready for Red XIII to be a competent BLM. Banner 2 has some real nice stuff, including Ulala's USB, and an all-new USB for OK that's honestly kind of sick. Banner 3 has some good stuff for Celes, and also some dated crap.

Happy pulls, all.
    Right. Firion BSB got me through a lot of the old Torments, and was in fact my justification for Legend Diving him. His C2 makes him into a pseudo-ChainCharger, and the instant MBlink is amazing. I have better stuff, sure, but if I need MBlink? Firion and Sazh are on the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem