New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    "Crucible" would probably be better for what they mean.
    Woolsey they ain't. Unless you consider "Stigma Stigma" and "Judgment Divine Judgment" charming...

In other news, I finished the II event (now, of course), and I was pretty surprised that Team II is actually...pretty good at surviving. I mean...sure, they lack buffs to ATK or MAG (other than what they can bring), but I was pretty amazed that I could finish an A++ battle with a Realm Team, considering II isn't one of my better realms. I mean...it's no XV (where everything I have is NocNoc, and I can't bear to level him other than send him to fish...) or Type-0 (number of SB relics = zero, nope, nada, nyet, you get the idea), but it's not robust either (no VI, no Tactics). It's...sorta like V, where there's a few key relics, but none of them make a groundbreaking team, mostly because one of them is lagging behind.

In V, it's Faris. (She's my breaker, but the only relic she has to her belonging is a very old ATK/MAG SB, and she can do the exact same thing every time with Crushing Tango, minus the pitiful attack). In II...it's the mages. Any mage, really. Maria has NO relics that belong to her, and to make ends meet, I had to take the Emperor's Cloak, so that at least I could get a mage-related item. Turns out...that's making the team surprisingly resilient.

I mean...sure, it's quite likely that these Green Dragons were super-easy, but I've had to fight bosses that are insanely harder, and these guys...well, they were pretty easy to deal with, IMO. Even when it was a duo. (Perhaps it's BECAUSE they're a duo, and not on the lines of "tanky flunkies"?). Despite the lack of heavy-hitting relics (other than Leon's Ultra, if you squint a little bit), the team not only managed to survive, but actually WIN. That's a pretty surprising achievement, if I may say so.

Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Firion, lv. 99; Sun Blade (II), Greg's Guise, Hilda's Chalice; Demonsblood R4, Lifesiphon R4; Ace Striker
    the Emperor, lv. 80; Zeus' Mace, Emperor's Cloak, Poison Ring; Dark Zone R3, Memento Mori R2; True Madness
    Gordon, lv. 80; Trident (II), Minwu's Bulwark, Auron's Jug; Full Break R4, Wrath R5; Battleforged
    Minwu, lv. 80; Healing Staff (II), Light Robe (II), Necrophobe's Cape; Curada R4, Holy R3; Healer's Prayer II
    Leon, lv. 86; Longinus, Caesar's Plate, Toxin Armlet; Crimson Cross R3, Mark of Darkness R3; Arcane Secrets
    RW: Tyro (Divine Veil Grimoire)
    Magicite: Enkidu lv. 99; Taharka lv. 99, Bottomswell lv. 99, Enki lv. 99, Wing Raptor lv. 99

As you can see, I have a few II armor pieces, but not enough to cover everyone (and I skipped the Thief's Gloves from Leila, in fact). Everyone but the Emperor had a realm weapon. No one has LM (Minwu could have had, but I haven't filled his USB). This is already a sign of trouble.

The SBs, however, are where you'll notice the key difference:
    Firion: Weaponsmaster (BSB)
    the Emperor: Prison of Sorrow (SSB)
    Gordon: Egil's Blaze (BSB), A Leader Wakes (USB)
    Minwu: Basuna VI (default), Will of the White Mage (SSB), Light of Mysidia (USB)
    Leon: Dark Knight's Charge (BSB), Lord of Darkness (USB)

That means I have 3 Ultras for the team, three Bursts...and what helped me carry the battle actually was teh presence of the Supers. I kid you not. That, and the BSBs were extremely useful (for those people that say Bursts are dying? Think again.) Now, how did that work?

• Firion had Demonsblade, so he could do some AoE damage, but he was hitting with speed. He used Weaponmaster about 7 or so times, meaning he was spamming MBlink. That helped me eat through the Venom Mist [S}breath weapon[/S] spells (!?). Plus, Chain Launch, despite hitting for less than 1K per hit, still managed to do something.
    • The Emperor's Prison of Sorrow hits only one target, but it provides Radiant Shield. As you know, this is one part of a turtling strategy, and...it did exactly that. Because of Memento Mori, it also helped me to gauge when to refire my RW. I only ate one unbuffed attack before it was refilled.
    • Gordon as a breaker is heavily understated. His Ultra helped a lot to compensate for Venom Mist's Poison damage by overwriting with Major Regen, and the ATK/MAG/MND helped reduce both kinds of damage. His BSB, of course, grants Last Stand, which is invaluable for turtling strategies.
    • Minwu...well, I tried to use his USB, but it wasn't a good idea. He was healing, but most importantly, he was absolutely spamming his SSB; being an IC Medica, it means it healed everyone really fast. It helped Gordon go from almost dead (having spent his Last Stand) to recharging his BSB.
    • Leon made good use of his USB (to spam Crimson Cross) and BSB (to boost Attack). He was the main damage dealer, aside from the few provisions from the Emperor, and he was still dealing somewhere between the lines of 3k per hit, so it's nowhere near as close as Orlandeau, or Terra, or Tidus with Chaser, or Ashe with BSB...you get the idea. Still, it was more than enough.

So, basically, they're a very effective turtling team, having: a) Last Stand, b) Radiant Shield, c) a very effective Medica. For a team that often lacks a Summoner (the Emperor is the closest thing to one) and a Dancer (the team only NOW has a Dancer on Hilda, and it isn't even 5*!), meaning AoE battles are a chore, this...actually worked fine.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not a bad II team!

Yeah, I'm liking how II is coming together. I selected them for the OSB+BSB + BSB draw.

Speaking of which, I'm getting to the point where I'm getting some competent characters. I noticed for Sephiroth I have USB1, USB2, BSB, LMR. Pretty good spread. Same for some others.

Also, my realms are coming together. Might be able to do some Torments, get some 6* abilities.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, the free draw has been REALLY good to me these past couple days.

Yesterday: Locke fire chain 99.
    Today: Kefka USB dark boost armor (chases dark abilities with 4-8 dark/poison/non hits)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Congrats. I'm pretty much on the same situation. Yesterday, Daily gave me Steiner's SSB Sword, today I got Serah's Ice Chain. Serah's already was on Ice team with her USB, along Rinoa (with first chain and BSBs, full dive) and Edea (W cast Witch USB).

And the 15 gem pull on FF X gave me Rikku's USB 2, for more water Imperil and DPS.

Now, to actually play the game... I'm mostly farming motes, while I try the figure out Shin Megami Tendeu Liberation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post

Yesterday: Locke fire chain 99.
    Today: Kefka USB dark boost armor (chases dark abilities with 4-8 dark/poison/non hits)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Congrats. I'm pretty much on the same situation. Yesterday, Daily gave me Steiner's SSB Sword, today I got Serah's Ice Chain. Serah's already was on Ice team with her USB, along Rinoa (with first chain and BSBs, full dive) and Edea (W cast Witch USB).

And the 15 gem pull on FF X gave me Rikku's USB 2, for more water Imperil and DPS.

Now, to actually play the game... I'm mostly farming motes, while I try the figure out Shin Megami Tendeu Liberation.
    Nice! Chains, I’m super jelly.

My greatest limfac.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #336

Been doing various 15 mythril pulls going for a chain. Got to VIII. 2 discos. Squall AOSB and Seifer CSB.

Boo-ya.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #337

Sweeeet free 33 pull tomorrow.

Well, I tried Tiamat a few times with my (IMO quite solid) physical Ice team. Lost.

Also tried Midgardsormr with my (IMO quite solid)mag Lightning team. Lost.

Bit disheartening.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Very incremental progress- I'm talking like 1% on torment level.

Realms:
    II: probably more quantity than quality
    III: one burst, a good one, but still
    IV-Palom boosts, but possibly redundant
    V-an element boost armor but not what I was hoping for
    VI: +10 magic for Terra
    VII: Yuffie and Tifa pack more punch. Still could have used more Cloud/Zack though
    VIII: another one that's probably more quantity, but the +10 for Fujin has turned out to be pretty sweet
    XII: great, although maybe could have used a bit more focus.
    XIII: snow buff but dupes elsewhere
    XV: Aranea usb has been great but it makes me want the other relics even if for +stats
    0: Queen is interesting, but I don't know that I have room on thunder.

XIV, X, and IX have events coming so I'll probably wait and see on those. I and XI don't seem to be a huge hurry and the small pools are both a blessing and a curse. Tactics is tempting, yet dupe heavy.

Certainly I'm hoping the 33 draw helps, and there will be some LDs.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

After several days of having Daily Draws where I got nothing BUT a 3* or 4* (you know, what you'd statistically expect), I finally got another 5*! That gives me permission for another Realm Draw worth 15 Mythril.

First, the Daily Draw result:
    • Zack's Shinra Beta+! While it's a Legend Materia, it's one of the few Legend Materiass that impart a Chaser. The Chaser is pretty bland (1x Wind attack when using a Celerity ability), but there's two advantages to it. The first is that it activates on EVERY Celerity ability (Powerchain is a Celerity ability. You know what else? His Burst Commands!) and...well, I got his Imperil Wind Burst, so unless it's resistant to Wind, it means I get a free hit that strikes the vulnerability. Now, if I ONLY got his Chain...

Since it's not a 6*, I didn't adventure on the Big 2 I aim to pull at (IV and VI). I decided, like last time, to pull on the Banner suggested by the Daily Draw (VII). As you know, this means I have a pretty high chance to end up with a Mama's Boy relic, so this is another bit of interesting data.

2/11, no Discos, but no Dupes either.
    • Barret''s A-M Cannon! FINALLY, something for Fantasy Mr. T! This is his Full Break Burst, complete with a very standard Power Breakdown/Magic Breakdown, except the Full Break starter is AoE. I mean...it's not amazing in any sense of the word, but after so many times having nothing for Barret, it feels nice to welcome him to the group...after Red XIII got something still useful, and Shelke has a more useful ability, and Cait Sith pretty much snatched the Supporter spot AND is appearing increasingly more on my teams. Speaking of which...
    • Cait Sith's Crown! You'd wonder why I'm so excited about getting his LMR...and, to be honest, not exactly, but it's two things. First, it's more VII armor, which alongside Zack's LMR, is pretty nice. Second, it's Quickcast from the get-go, which is nice; helps set up his debuffs and even his Burst real fast. The thing, though, is that it's QC, not IC. He's no Shelke, or Orlandeau, or Tyro for that matter. However, it's still nice because his LM2 is already very solid (mini-Medica on Dancer abilities). So...it's a good catch. In a way.

So, was it a good pull? Not exactly, but not bad, and it's consistent with what I pulled for the X Banner; two relics, at least one Burst. Consistency is good. Still waiting for a 6* to pull on the big ones.

Also, I finished the XV event; the real one, not the fishing minigame. Titan was a pain, because it's a tank with tons of HP and Omni-Resist, with DEF-ignoring attacks. However, it can't compare to the utter fury of my beloved Fire Goddess. No, seriously; it couldn't.
    Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Terra, lv. 99; Lilith Rod (6*), Terra's Cloak, Tremor Earrings; Meltdown R3, Wrath R4; Magitek Warrior LM2, Innate Power LMR, Scholar's Boon
    Locke, lv. 99; Platinum Dagger, Terra's Armguards, Winged Boots; Mug Bloodlust R4, Steal Power R3; Phoenix's Charge LM2, Ardent Adventurer LM1, Ace Striker RM
    Balthier, lv. 99; Blaze Gun, Shura Gloves, Crag Armlet; Burning Snipe R5, Flame Offering R3; Scourge of the Skies LM2, Cool Customer LM1, Machinist's Touch RM
    Gilgamesh, lv. 99; Excalibur Trueblade (6*), Gilgamesh's[/FONT] Cloak, Zephyr Cloak; Damning Flame R3, Lifesiphon R4; Desperate Obligation LM2, Dark Sage's Hand LM1, Legend's Blade RM
    Y'shtola, lv. 99; Seraphim Mace (6*), Carmagnole, Vanille's Necklace; Curada R4, Hastega R2; Stunning Scion LM2, Master of Mending LMR, Dr. Mog's Teachings
    RW: Holy Circle (Curilla)
    Magicite: Mom Bomb lv. 64; Wing Raptor lv. 99, Taharka lv. 99, Golem lv 99, Salamander lv. 98

Note that both Locke and Greg have their chains. Redundant? Maybe, but it's the entries that matter. Locke has a Gen 1 Chain, but a sweet Wallbreaker; Greg has a Gen 2 Chain with accompanying Boostga. I used one, then as the first chain was about to run out, I dropped the second and used that. Why is that important?

Because, as you can see, that was an unexpected fielding. Terra doesn't have her Blood Sword, and her MAG dropped a bit (and she had to rely on her own in terms of the damage potential, because Greg doesn't boost MAG). I didn't use Enkidu. Heck, I didn't even use the GodWall!

And, despite that, I won. Unbelievably so, even; Balthier was having some trouble keeping Imperil online. The Chains were the ones that did the trick...and not even then.

To be honest, it was pure fortune. Greg had fired his second chain, it was about to drop, Locke and Balthier were out of commission (because of Apoc!Gaia's Wrath), Terra was out of Meltdowns (which were, at a point, hitting for 9999 each time, when Titan was nearly at a point that it could take Weakness damage), so I fire her OSB...and that did the trick. To be honest, even though Greg was pretty close, Terra was the one doing the most damage, despite Titan still having a pretty solid resistance. I mean...sure, she was on Pissed Fire Goddess Mode (USB + Trance LM2), but landing that 54k OSB and finishing the battle there was cathartic.

...There's also that bit of the Roaming Warrior, though; that was a huge amount of damage I reflected back, so that helped. Who'd have thought I'd win without my usual tools?
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

I randomly did a the 15 mythril pull for fft yesterday, got...a couple of LMR pieces. Not great,but not terrible, I guess.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

In another Daily Draw adventure...I got a 1*. A lowly Leather Cap that has barely any worth. However, based on the probabilities of getting one, it's a rare find. Thus, in order to test the effects of a 1* on the Realm Draw pulls, I went for a pretty inconspicuous pull. That being...the XV banner.

Now, you may ask, why did I make a pull on a banner for a realm I couldn't care any less? Well, it's still data, and it's not like I haven't gotten anything for it. Might as well sacrifice 15 Mythril in the name of science. The results?

2/11, ONE DISCO, no dupes, and a face of utter shock.

• Noctis' Sword of the Father! Also known as "nerfed THUNDER GOD mode". It's his OSB, which grants Armiger mode, which grants you HQC and a boost to Attack...as long as you can keep up the HP Bubble. And, lo and behold, it's a 30% bubble, so it's gonna burst the first moment I get a hit. Hooray...
    • Noctis' Bronze Bangle...wha!? What's with DeNA trying to hog me stuff for Old Man Galuf and now NocNoc the Emo Prince!? The ONLY five relics I got for XV, and ALL OF THEM are for NocNoc*. What in everloving heaven is that supposed to mean? ...Anyways, it's his LMR, and one of the few LMs that provides Dualcast COMBAT. That means a chance to doublecast Lifesiphon, which should be hilarious, but also doublecast Full Charge, and Crashdown, and...*gasp*, Omega Drive! ...But it also bursts with a bubble, this time being a 100% HP Bubble. Again: it'd be nicer if it lasted for longer, but once the bubble pops, you're pretty much screwed. Hooraay...

Results? If I could care any better for NocNoc, I'd be ecstatic. I'd be...what, one relic short of Complete NocNoc? (I'd be missing his Glint, IIRC) As it stands, it's a bunch of relics that'll gather dust, except MAAAAYBE the Bronze Bangle, because it's XV armor...and it's a bangle, so it's not like it's gonna beat Orlandeau's extra-pimped Cloak, Tyro's Frock Coat, or Greg's heavy armor. Those are my standards.

*The fifth relic is the Engine Blade. Shared, but it's essentially NocNoc's starting weapon.
    On Lawful Good:

12. - Top - End - #342

On 33 pull, got 2 dupes and a USB for Gabranth. Boo.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

5/33: Rosa's Fairy Bow, Promoto's Cocytus, Garland's Helm, Balthier's Spica, and Auron's Blurry Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    On 33 pull, got 2 dupes and a USB for Gabranth. Boo.
    Sorry to hear it. My 33 pull gave me 4. Tyro's USB Armor, Aranea's USB, Minwu BSB 1, dupe of Barbaricia's RLM. Did immediately a pull on XII, got a decent pull : Rek's USB (ok), Basch's BSB (Nice), and Ashes's RLM (Very Nice!). Basch now has a full kit to work, USB, OSB, BSB, RLM.

Good pulls for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

4/33. Let's see what we got.
    • Axis Blade: Squall's BSB2, and basically the Ice PHY BSB. Also, a dupe.
    • Sainti: Prishe's BSB. It's a neat little MNK combo, won't lie. And I have some other stuff for Prishe. So it's not a total loss.
    • Strago's Guise: Strago's OSB. Deals Water/Earth damage, bonus damage if the enemy is weak to either. More importantly, it's +Water light armor, which can see a lot of use.
    • Antares: Irvine's USB. Random Fire/Non damage, ATK/MAG break, fast-cast SHP, and grants a SHP chaser. Not bad, if it weren't for the fact that I mostly field Irvine for SUP (and his pentabreak SSB).

Not terrific, but not a total loss.

Happy pulls, all.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

33: Selphie might be torment ready and a slightly stronger Rikku, everything else was a dupe though. Felt like I made out better on the last one in both quantity and quality
    LD: tidus' LMR is nice, but still none of the discos or Cloud boosts.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    5/33: Rosa's Fairy Bow, Promoto's Cocytus, Garland's Helm, Balthier's Spica, and Auron's Blurry Moon.
    I take you got at least three USBs, right? That's a pretty nice bag o' loot you got there.

As for me...I decided, "what the hey", and did the pull.

3/33 (hey look, it's like a 1/11 multiplied by three!), the two guaranteed Discos, and none of them were dupes. I guess I could pull on a 1* if desperate?
    • Jecht's Sparring Suit! His LMR (getting a bit tired of seeing so many LMRs...) It's not +Dark, but Dark resist (kinda shocking), and the LMR itself is an EnDark enabler for Jecht. Now, if I had more incentive to use him on my Dark teams (over Garland, who has the chain; Gaffy, who has his BSB and is fully dived; Kuja and Seymour, who have their Imperil BSBs; Leon and DK!Cecil, which have their EnDark BSBs plus something else), this might be kinda nice. At least it's more X Light Armor?
    • Balthier's Arcturus! Yeah! The OSB for the Leading Man! This is pretty cool, because he's already a master Imperiler; to finish with an OSB of his own, after murdering the opponent's Fire resistance (or lack of it) and using Makara for an EnFire, feels so nice. This one I like; after a time where I thought Balthier wouldn't be on my team anymore, he comes with force.
    • Red XIII's Centclip! This is his USB, which grants a Boostga alongside a small Wall (which STACKS with Wall! Yay for FFVII Neo Torment!) and also happens to have Astra. I feel this should be my new RW, because it has a ton of nice stuff, and it works for those who have GodWall, RikkUltra, and other stuff.

All in all, not too shabby. OSBs may be on decline, but Balthier is a fixture for Team Fire, and having that kind of firepower is awesome. As for Red XIII, he's challenging Cait Sith's dominance as the realm's supporter, even with his new BSB. To be honest, between his BSB, his USB and Cid's SUADYGDT Mode, all three are set for massive damage gains. I feel a fight against VII Neo Torment may be in place, even if Aerith's healing abilities are mostly limited to her BSB.
    On Lawful Good:

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Ultra, Ultra, Glint, Burst, and LMR, in that order.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

So, I don't know if anyone noticed in light of the free 33-pull, but we got the first of three Lucky Draws in this mini-fest. This one is PHY, and it consists of USBs/ASBs and Glints for Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, and Tidus, and LMRs for all of them except Cloud.

Shockingly, I'm only marginally tempted. For Cecil, I have his USB; his ASB is pretty great, though, and his Glint is fantastic (0CT En-Holy and party HP Stock 2000). For Locke, I have his Glint and his LMR, two dupes right there; his ASB is nice, but between his Glint, LMR, and BSB, I have Locke pretty covered. For Cloud, while I don't have his new USB (the Wind-flavored one) I do have his prior one (good ol' Ultra Cross Slash), as well as his Glint, two BSBs, two OSBs, and his full LD; that's a dupe and I'm covered. For Squall, I don't have his USB or LMR, but I have his Glint - another dupe - plus his BSB, OSB, and again full LD. And for Tidus, I have his USB and LMR - two more dupes - as well as his ASB and OSB. True, I don't have his Glint, but do I really need it at that point?

In a banner of 14 items, I have 6. I feel like, LD or not, I should pass. I'm conflicted.

Reddit points out that, unlike some LDs, these aren't one-day-only. Per the announcement, all three LDs will be open until the 28th. So there's plenty of time to think it over.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Plenty of Element boost items, though. Squall Glint is +Ice, Tidus has +Water (though the typing is kinda restricted in terms of weapons). Locke is +Fire, Cloud is (Obviously) +Wind, and Pretty Cecil is +Holy, though, at this point I think literally EVERY PLAYER EVER has at least one +Holy item.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

I got Cloud's LM Organics, Ashe's USB Ragnarok, Lenna's other USB Healing Rod, Kefka's BSB Dancing Mad, Locke's LM Armguard, and Kuja's LM Armor between the 33-pull and the first banner. Oh and a dupe of Zack's BSB Rune Blade.

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, decided I'd have a go at the MAG LD - it's up, by the way - and got 2/11, no dupes, which was great:
    • Cutlass: Rinoa's USB, and definitely not a cutlass, which is a sword and not a spinning blade fired from the arm. Extremely nice.
    • Aegis Shield: Ashe's Glint. A bit less useful, since I have her En-Lightning LMR, but at the very least it's a good shield with KO resist.
    Good relics, good SBs, although that second one is a bit half-and-half.

Feeling on a bit of a mixed high, I decided to take a crack at the PHY LD, and got 5/11! Wait for it, though:
    • Blitz Ace: Tidus' USB. Awesome SB. Also a dupe. And despite being a +Water relic, it's a ball, which basically means only X characters can use it. Still, there are several who can, and they have Water attacks, so...
    • Squall's Contempt: Squall's Glint. A great +Ice relic for the Ice SPB. Also, a dupe.
    • Paladin's Bracer: Pencil's Glint. Extremely unique among Glints, given that it's a party buff (HP Stock 2000) instead of your usual En-Element. Frankly, I was gunning for this relic, so I'm stoked.
    • Paladin's Bracer: And now it's a dupe.
    • Tidus' Armguards: Tidus' LMR. Also a dupe. At least it's a +Water relic.
    So, yeah. 5 relics, 4/5 of them dupes - one of them an instant dupe, which is just salty.

Hope you have better luck with your pulls.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

And now, for another episode of "T.G. Oskar's Adventures with Statistics!"...

In today's episode, I get another 5* relic from the Daily Draw! This is cool, because it means I can try again to see if I get a good relic. What I got was...

• Quistis' Red Scorpion! Hey look, FINALLY, something for Quistis! It's her old SSB, the one that grants Shellga + Hastega + major Regen, but it's workable. Curiosly enough, it's a whip, so that means...I can finally replace Irvine? I'm stoked by the possibilities!

With another 5*, I decided to make a pull on the VIII Banner. I sure felt hopeful! And, while I didn't get what I wanted (to an extent), I got a good haul!

3/11, ONE DISCO, and no dupes!
    • Zell's Jacket! Another piece of VIII Light Armor, and Zell's LMR. This is fun, because his LM2 requires you to have a good Critical Hit chance...and this grants you Crit=50% temporarily, which is good enough up until you get a refresh. Not too shabby!
    • Seifer's Blitz Armor! Another piece of VIII Heavy Armor? Wow, I feel that the Minotaur Plate has finally been replaced! This is Seifer's EnDark LMR, which is nice because he has few to no other ways to get EnDark. Would have loved his BSB2, or his USB, or...his phy Dark Chain, but it's fair.
    • Squall's Enkindler! Oh wow, his Arcane OSB! This is a mighty pull for Team Ice. All they need is a Chain provider.

Now, I know (because I read above) that the Lucky Draws will remain for as long as the event remains (and also, that you can make more than 1 pull, but that only the first is half price), but I decided, "why not pull on the Lucky Draw too?" Well...

4/11, THREE DISCOS, and only one dupe.
    • Tidus' Wizard Sword! Surprisingly enough, not a LMR (I'm getting too many of those), but his Empowered EnWater Glint. This is cool for his usual rotation, as I can go Glint -> USB and have fun with scaled EnWater. If this didn't made Tidus the premier Water damage dealer, i have no idea what else will.
    • Squall's Diamond Blade. The dupe. I had a chance for dupe anyways, so it's not like I should feel bad for it.
    • Locke's Orichalcum! Oh...wow! Not only a +Fire weapon, but his Arcane OSB! The perfect way to make a transition; when Greg fires his own Chain, Locke can fire his AOSB instead. This also marks the first AOSB from the 20+1 chain, as I got many of the 3 massive ones. Perfect for Team Fire when getting sweet with chains!
    • Paladin Cecil's Excalibur II! Wait...ANOTHER Arcane OSB!? Well, color me surprised, because I truly never expected this! While I felt a bit disappointed the LD lacked the Paladin Wall (I was excited by the idea), this is a pretty bold surprise. I mean... O'Light already has his Arcane OSB, so there's no way he can get into Team Holy, but it's still good for Team IV. Now, just wait until I get Paladin Wall, and we'll talk about some changes...

So, that's the haul. Seven items, three new Discos. That's a record. Wonder what's the new LD ***--

*faints*
    On Lawful Good:

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

All right, for my own attempt at the round 2 MAG LD I only got a single rainbow, Rinoa's Crystal Cross, another BSB for her. Certainly seems better than her old one, Sorceress Awakening. Definitely synergizes better with her Ice CSB that I already have.

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

And the third LD - healers - is up. My pull: 3/11.
    • Doom Mace: Penelo's BSB. The Last Stand is nice, but I have her 0CT USB with HP Stock and pBlink. Meh.
    • Nirvana: Smells like Aria's BSB. Pretty standard, but the burst includes BarFire, which is pretty unique.
    • Healing Rod: Aerith's USB2. This is awesome. Pretty much worth the price of admission altogether.
    The disco ball made it all worthwhile. Calling it a win.

Happy pulls, all.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, it was a day where the Daily Draw didn't end up with a 3* or 4*, so I decided to make another valuable pull. Of course, it wasn't on the Realm Banners; rather, it was on one of the GoldFes Lucky Draws. Namely, the Healer's Draw. (Of course I'm not gonna waste it on the Mages' Draw! I'll wait until the stars favor me most.) The picks are pretty solid, including stuff for Ovelia, who's starving for more stuff. There's also a handful of dupes; less than half, but still a good handful. So, what's the result?

3/11, ONE DISCO, but the Disco was a dupe.

• Larsa's Swordbreaker! Another item for Larsa, which is cool, and another weapon too. It's a Dagger, with a super high MND bonus, and the LMR is pretty nice too (Astra on ST WHM healing spell; that means you can add Astra to that Curada you cast!) Nice catch!
    • Aerith's Jacket! More VII Light Armor .The minor Holy resist is so-so, but the LMR is pretty good; W-Cast WHM spells! Sure, her SB rotation is basically her first Burst, but that's still fine. Could have gotten something else (Innocent Cure, perhaps?), but it's decent.
    • Larsa's Carmagnole. The dupe. At least it turned into THE White Mage preferred armor? Kinda bummed I didn't get anything else.

Bummed by the Disco, but the other two items are pretty decent. That means any 2* pull on the Daily Draw leavs favorable results.
    On Lawful Good:

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

So, today's Daily Draw made Red Fel happy. Why? Because Lenna's BSB2.

Lenna was a frustrating healer for me for a long time. Even after I good her USB (medica, Last Stand, Stone Skin 30%), I was still frustrated by her lack of emergency button options. Her BSB2 does not solve that, but it does give her something unique: BarIce. So that's pretty decent, frankly.

I almost feel like testing that luck against another Realm Lucky.

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, today's Daily Draw made Red Fel happy. Why? Because Lenna's BSB2.

Lenna was a frustrating healer for me for a long time. Even after I good her USB (medica, Last Stand, Stone Skin 30%), I was still frustrated by her lack of emergency button options. Her BSB2 does not solve that, but it does give her something unique: BarIce. So that's pretty decent, frankly.

I almost feel like testing that luck against another Realm Lucky.
    Grats!

I got Ashe’s Dusk Decree off the daily. Quite pleased, I remember having it before. Now I have LMR, BSB, Glint, USB for her.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

So I decided to test that luck after all. Went for the next Realm Lucky numerically - III - and hit a pretty solid jackpot. 3/11, two discos, one rainbow, no dupes:
    • Wizard Rod: Arc's BSB1. The offensive one. Deals Holy/Water damage and grants En-Holy on burst; commands are an ST Holy/Water nuke and an ST heal/+MND. Not bad, considering the only other thing of his I have is his Word of Kindness SSB (0CT medica and pBlink). Then again, I have his Word of Kindness SSB; do I really need anything else?
    • Giant's Axe: Ingus' USB. 10 hits, En-Earth, +ATK/+DEF, and gives him a KNT chaser. A really nice ability for him. Bonus, I already have his En-Earth LMR and his En-Earth BSB1. Too bad they don't all stack, huh?
    • Masamune: Luneth's ASB. A 20+1 model. Bonus, the attacks are Wind ranged attacks, so I could legitimately outfit him Dragoon-style on the back row and still inflict punishment. My Luneth is now utterly equipped, if not completely - ASB, USB, OSB, and BSB. He is prepared.

High on this pull, I decided to try my luck again, with IV. 2/11, two rainbows, no dupes:
    • Helter Skelter: Dencil's BSB2. It's just straight damage, but it's an option for him. A shame the command 2 boost doesn't work on Dark abilities, but DRK abilities - means he can't get as much mileage out of the fact that he now uses HVY abilities. I mean, I'll probably never use him, but he has options now, at least.
    • Excalibur: Pencil's BSB. As in, his original BSB. Do you remember this thing? AoE, En-Holy on burst, commands are an AoE attack and an ST with heal. Man, this thing is ancient. Of particular note is that, while this does give him an AoE option, I also have his Glint (En-Holy + party HP Stock) and his USB (10 hits, En-Holy, HP Stock 6000 and +DEF). So while this is a pretty neat trick, it's hardly his most potent ability at this point.

I figure I've exhausted my luck for now. Best to sit back and replenish my mythril.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Tried the VI and IV realm draws, got Terra and Kain Brave USBs, Kefka USB2, Sabin and Kain LMRs, and and Drunk Cecil BSB2.