New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Agartha has been announced!

For those of you who are concerned, you've clearly been reading ahead in your textbooks, shame on you.

For those of you who are excited... well, okay then!

Keep in mind that Agartha will come with new Servant banners! And who will be on these banners? Well...
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Banner 1:
      • Caster of the Nightless City: A 5-star Caster, unsurprisingly Arts-focused. Her first skill drains enemy NP and has a so-so Arts buff. Her second is an AoE anti-Male Charm and a self-DEF buff. Her third grants her Guts and significantly reduces the ATK of a single King-trait target; later, it gets an Interlude granting party Guts as well. Her only passive is an Arts boost. Her NP boosts her own NP strength, deals AoE damage, and deals bonus damage to Kings; after Rank-Up, it deals more damage and decreases enemy debuff resist. Overall, she's not bad, and her post-Interlude third skill is a unique benefit, but she lacks the resources on her own to be a damaging Caster - which is the role she's built to do - or to be a team support Caster.
      • Assassin of the Nightless City: A smug, dominating purple-haired loli Assassin, you say? Yes, and much better than Stheno at that. Her first skill is a massive single-target DEF debuff, a la Elizabeth's. Her third skill is a Charisma, a la Elizabeth's, but with a nice Quick boost tacked on. And her second skill is one of those obnoxious "maybe it will work this turn" random-chance self-buffs. Her only passive is a small Quick boost. Her NP deals single-target damage and inflicts Poison, but the nice thing about the Overcharge is the crit boost it grants her, turning her into a tiny blender; post-Interlude, the damage is increased and it also removes buffs. Overall, she's a surprisingly good team support for an Assassin, and once she gets her NP running her crits become insane; until then, however, her crits are pretty terrible and she lacks survival skills.
      • Berserker of El Dorado: Do you like Heracles? Because this is basically female Heracles, but with party buffs. Her ATK is outrageous, her DEF might as well be nonexistent. Her first skill is a sub-par Charisma, but her second skill gives her debuff immunity and NP charge over time, and her third gives the whole party a Buster boost and doubles her attack against Greek Males. (Hmm, I wonder why.) And in addition to a massive Buster boost passive, she also has a Divinity boosting her damage even further. Her NP is extremely straightforward, massive damage to one enemy and an ATK debuff.
    • Banner 2:
      • Frances Drake: I don't have to tell you how awesome she is. Best AoE Rider, hands-down (sorry Broskandar, I love you, but it's the truth). If you're itching to have the Pirate Queen, this is a good opportunity.
      • Chevalier d'Eon: An exceptional taunt/tank. Keep in mind also that, despite being sexless in gameplay terms, d'Eon gets a Bond bonus in Agartha.
      • Heracles: Best meido, and friend to all children.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [*]Banner 2:
    • Frances Drake: I don't have to tell you how awesome she is. Best AoE Rider, hands-down (sorry Broskandar, I love you, but it's the truth). If you're itching to have the Pirate Queen, this is a good opportunity.
    • Chevalier d'Eon: An exceptional taunt/tank. Keep in mind also that, despite being sexless in gameplay terms, d'Eon gets a Bond bonus in Agartha.
    • Heracles: Best meido, and friend to all children.
    Spoiler: Agartha
    Show
    It's not just d'Eon - all of the genderless Servants get the Bond bonus in Agartha; it's only men that don't.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler: Agartha
    Show
    It's not just d'Eon - all of the genderless Servants get the Bond bonus in Agartha; it's only men that don't.
    Yes, but Best Clay isn't on the banner.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Remember to do the like/share/tweet stuff to get SQs.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Bugbear in the Playground

Halloween has Assassin and Berserker, but on a split rate up, and a much more interesting 5 star. Gonna save my rolls for that.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Hmm....it depends, how far up are you on the damage ladder? How many of Kintoki's ascension items do you have? An NP5 Kintoki that's stuck at low levels would still not be useful. How many Golden Sumo do you currently have?

Are you farming the stages efficiently? You'll want to farm Coral at Mountain Trails, Brocade at Tower and Baskets at Hot Spring. Find a friend who's got a CE that gives bonus drops to that particular currency when you farm those 3 stages.

Or if you need to farm all three currencies, you can do it at the Cave or Summit. They're a bit more efficient if you want all 3 currencies but if you're only aiming for one or two, then the sole currency stages are better.
    I've obtained three of those golden lighters and am reasonably close to a fourth. Right now my Kintoki is at NP level 2.

I've been able to get 2 Golden Sumo, which I combined because I don't have enough points in my party to equip them both.

I actually struggle to complete most of the stages. I've been doing the raids at level 40 because I can generally do those with a good support, but a lot of the stages are level 60 which I am not strong enough to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

7. - Top - End - #817

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I've obtained three of those golden lighters and am reasonably close to a fourth. Right now my Kintoki is at NP level 2.

I've been able to get 2 Golden Sumo, which I combined because I don't have enough points in my party to equip them both.

I actually struggle to complete most of the stages. I've been doing the raids at level 40 because I can generally do those with a good support, but a lot of the stages are level 60 which I am not strong enough to do.
    Ok. Try really hard to get the 4th lighter. Kintoki will want those last 10 levels. If you need, you can try running the 3mil hp oni with a friend Kintoki with MLB Sumo as DPS and fill the rest of the slots with sacrificial servants carrying Hot Springs CE. Even if you die, you still get the damage points and drops so it may still be more efficient than what you're currently running.

Since you're so close to getting the 4th lighter, I would prioritize Kintoki copies. Golden Sumo is a great CE but you can get comparable CEs from other events. Kintoki is simply one of the best welfare servants in the entire game. Try for the Sumo after you got Kintoki.

Yeah, being low level is a pain, but again try running the harder nodes with a friend Kintoki with MLB Sumo CE. He does so much damage in this event, he can clear most nodes mostly by himself. Another option is friend Berserker Raikou.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-06-19 at 07:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. Try really hard to get the 4th lighter. Kintoki will want those last 10 levels. If you need, you can try running the 3mil hp oni with a friend Kintoki with MLB Sumo as DPS and fill the rest of the slots with sacrificial servants carrying Hot Springs CE. Even if you die, you still get the damage points and drops so it may still be more efficient than what you're currently running.

Since you're so close to getting the 4th lighter, I would prioritize Kintoki copies. Golden Sumo is a great CE but you can get comparable CEs from other events. Kintoki is simply one of the best welfare servants in the entire game. Try for the Sumo after you got Kintoki.

Yeah, being low level is a pain, but again try running the harder nodes with a friend Kintoki with MLB Sumo CE. He does so much damage in this event, he can clear most nodes mostly by himself. Another option is friend Berserker Raikou.
    Seconding this.

Try a lower-difficulty Raid. The current Raid Boss is Buster-resistant, and Rider Kintoki's NP is Quick, so bring a friend Kintoki (ideally with MLB Golden Sumo), pop a Green Bean, and let him do the heavy lifting for you. Remember that you keep whatever points you earn. It's a legitimate farming strategy.

Rider Kintoki is so good. So good.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Alternatively, if you have a friend with assassin Shiki and the 200% damage CE, she can also deal a lot of damage to the boss, especially if you also use the arts buff bean.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-06-19 at 08:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Alternatively, if you have a friend with assassin Shiki and the 200% damage CE, she can also deal a lot of damage to the boss, especially if you also use the arts buff bean.
    Also true. I've actually been running an Arts team composed primarily of Chloe, Shiki, and Guest Shiki, with Sad Dad on the back line. (It's super effective!) Even if the rest of your team is sub-par, if you have enough Arts cards to keep a Guest Shiki's NP charged, she can slice through this boss like butter.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Also true. I've actually been running an Arts team composed primarily of Chloe, Shiki, and Guest Shiki, with Sad Dad on the back line. (It's super effective!) Even if the rest of your team is sub-par, if you have enough Arts cards to keep a Guest Shiki's NP charged, she can slice through this boss like butter.
    Just make sure to get rid of Benkei first, he's going to spam NP seal every other round.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Just make sure to get rid of Benkei first, he's going to spam NP seal every other round.
    He's also frustratingly Chloe-proof, because Lancer. But with two Shikis, that's not a problem. Target, debuff, murder. If you don't kill him with the NP, you'll kill him with follow-ups. One Shiki for Benkei, one for the boss.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

He's also frustratingly Chloe-proof, because Lancer. But with two Shikis, that's not a problem. Target, debuff, murder. If you don't kill him with the NP, you'll kill him with follow-ups. One Shiki for Benkei, one for the boss.
    Just use lightning Raikou and brute Force your way past him, and the stupid buster debuff.

14. - Top - End - #824

BlackDragon

I use Kintoki, Nero Bride and Merlin for it. Nero kills Bankei with one NP and Kintoki runs over the oni again and again with his bike.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Seconding this.

Try a lower-difficulty Raid. The current Raid Boss is Buster-resistant, and Rider Kintoki's NP is Quick, so bring a friend Kintoki (ideally with MLB Golden Sumo), pop a Green Bean, and let him do the heavy lifting for you. Remember that you keep whatever points you earn. It's a legitimate farming strategy.

Rider Kintoki is so good. So good.
    Against the current boss I've been getting carried by someone's Miyamoto Musashi. If the right cards come up, she can remove Benkei in one turn. And even with the Buster resistance she can still do insane damage on the boss. However, I tried moving up to the level 60 raid and couldn't even come close to doing it.

I want to redo my team lineup, but I'm finding the number of points I can use (now up to 82) very restrictive. Loading up on event CE's is limiting me so much that I have to choose between using my most powerful servants or being able to bring a full team of 6.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Against the current boss I've been getting carried by someone's Miyamoto Musashi. If the right cards come up, she can remove Benkei in one turn. And even with the Buster resistance she can still do insane damage on the boss. However, I tried moving up to the level 60 raid and couldn't even come close to doing it.

I want to redo my team lineup, but I'm finding the number of points I can use (now up to 82) very restrictive. Loading up on event CE's is limiting me so much that I have to choose between using my most powerful servants or being able to bring a full team of 6.
    Yeah, until you get high enough level, you're very limited in the kind of teams you can field. That's a sad reality of this game.

17. - Top - End - #827

BlackDragon

Well, since you get the DP and loot even if you fail the node, as long as you can deal 1.5 Mil damage in the lv60 node, you're coming out ahead compared to doing easier nodes.

If you're running into cost trouble, don't forget you always have Mash. But really, try out Rider Kintoki and use George, Leonidas and Mash to draw attacks away from him.

Good luck.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, since you get the DP and loot even if you fail the node, as long as you can deal 1.5 Mil damage in the lv60 node, you're coming out ahead compared to doing easier nodes.

If you're running into cost trouble, don't forget you always have Mash. But really, try out Rider Kintoki and use George, Leonidas and Mash to draw attacks away from him.

Good luck.
    I only tried it once so far, but I actually did less damage in the level 60 raid than I did in the 40, because I couldn't survive very long. I don't think I even made it to 1 million.

I am using Mash. Even with her, I still don't have enough points to field my best team thanks to running all the event CE's that I can. I have Leonidas but he isn't leveled up because I didn't know he was good. And I don't have George at all.

19. - Top - End - #829

BlackDragon

I only tried it once so far, but I actually did less damage in the level 60 raid than I did in the 40, because I couldn't survive very long. I don't think I even made it to 1 million.

I am using Mash. Even with her, I still don't have enough points to field my best team thanks to running all the event CE's that I can. I have Leonidas but he isn't leveled up because I didn't know he was good. And I don't have George at all.
    Ah...just do your best then. You have 12 hours left to try to get Kintoki's stuff. Remember you have apples/dumplings and even Saint Quartz for refilling BP and AP. Normally I would never advocate using SQs for anything besides summoning, but if you need to use a few to get Kintoki's things, it's an acceptable trade-off.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Against the current boss I've been getting carried by someone's Miyamoto Musashi.
    Musashi is Love, Musashi is Life.

Good luck in the last few hours. I remember I was in the exact same position last year. I had just started right in the middle of Onigashima and I was not able to get the last Kintoki Lighter, nor was I able to get two of the Kintoki Riders. Fortunately I managed to get the remaining stuff in the rerun.

Unfortunately there hasn't been another rerun of Onigashima in Japan yet. At least, I don't think there has. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do sneak one in sometime in the future at some point. Just not in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Leecros; 2019-06-20 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

21. - Top - End - #831

NecromancerGirl

As far as has been observed, events only get a single rerun. Some take 2 years for them, others the very next year. But so far, not a single event has gotten 2 reruns. Especially the ones that give welfares. So for people starting this year, they will never have Liz Caster or Nobu or Santa Alter. Those servents are now gone and will not be back. It also means this is the last year to get the 4 star summer servents from the 2018 event besides martha as they are basically this event only. Martha is on 2020s christmas banner I believe but I cant recall a time where kiyo or mordred summer versions ever made a reappearence.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The only way I see a rerun of these events possible is if the game ends, and they just put it on an endless rerun of all the events we've had.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    As far as has been observed, events only get a single rerun. Some take 2 years for them, others the very next year. But so far, not a single event has gotten 2 reruns. Especially the ones that give welfares. So for people starting this year, they will never have Liz Caster or Nobu or Santa Alter. Those servents are now gone and will not be back. It also means this is the last year to get the 4 star summer servents from the 2018 event besides martha as they are basically this event only. Martha is on 2020s christmas banner I believe but I cant recall a time where kiyo or mordred summer versions ever made a reappearence.
    the 13 and 14 million downloads campaigns each had one set of the first summer events servants.

also i recently cleaned out my friends list of people who had no longed in in 10 days or more. i now have like 5 or so open slots.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder whether, near the end of the game, there'll be one of those special Choose A Four-Star banners, but exclusively for the free servants.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

25. - Top - End - #835

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    also i recently cleaned out my friends list of people who had no longed in in 10 days or more. i now have like 5 or so open slots.
    Request sent.

26. - Top - End - #836

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    the 13 and 14 million downloads campaigns each had one set of the first summer events servants.

Good to know those 4 Stars weren't totally abandoned. Also request sent in game name is Fujiwara, and I as well have 2 slots available if anyone wants to add me assuming Neo Phoenix accepts.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    Musashi is Love, Musashi is Life.
    Of course you'd say that, it's your Musashi that's carrying me.

Anyway, I managed to get the last lighter, I think. So Kintoki only goes up to level 80 unless I grail him, I guess?

Now to focus my remaining efforts on getting more copies to raise his NP before the event ends.

28. - Top - End - #838

BlackDragon

Of course you'd say that, it's your Musashi that's carrying me.

Anyway, I managed to get the last lighter, I think. So Kintoki only goes up to level 80 unless I grail him, I guess?

Now to focus my remaining efforts on getting more copies to raise his NP before the event ends.
    Gratz on getting the Kintoki. Yeah, a SR only goes up to lv80, but that's good enough for normal game usage. Grails are the rarest resource in the game and you should only give them to servants you absolutely love.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The only way I see a rerun of these events possible is if the game ends, and they just put it on an endless rerun of all the events we've had.
    Honestly, That's the way I see it going. If they ever decide to end the game and not do some weird transfer over into a hypothetical Fate Grand Order 2. It's the safest route with the least amount of backlash. People have poured literally thousands of dollars into the game. I don't think they would just show up and shut down the servers and end it all and with an event list as large as they have, they could run event reruns for years and it would still take awhile to become redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

oof, went away for a while, came back to check the thread and then logged on to accept friend requests... didn't realize i have been gone that long. also i just realized i missed the last ticket. darn.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me