New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: MitD - What We Know

OK, I know with only 1 tiny doubt what the MitD is. I'm really serious this time. I know some of you read my last post about it being a Vorlon from B5, which was not really serious. I really think I know what it is this time.

I just hope no-one else has posted this before. I searched on the name of the monster and found no hits in the forums.

Spoiler
    Show

It's a Dread Linnorm from Monster Manual 2. Pages 142 to 143.

This creature has:

* A CR of 25... so something Xykon would consider quite a powerful monster
    * A strength of 40, so it could STOMP like it did in strip 477.
    * It specifically says "A creature that is flung...... travels 120 feet and takes 12d6 damage", sounds like what happened to Miko in Strip 374.
    * Casts spells as an 18th Level Sorcerer (so could cast Wish)

There is just one problem, this creature apparently has an immunity:
    SOD Spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show

"....is immune to all spells of the enchantment school"
    And so this means Xykon couldn't charm MitD.... unless Rich has decided that an immature one could be enchanted, or perhaps Xykon was using some kind of epic charm spell outside that school ?

Any comments ?

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    Any comments ?
    You didn't cover some of the clues, like,
    Would it normally not speak?
    Is it of the appropriate size?
    Is it beautiful?

Checking the Internet, it seems the one you suggested (Dread) normally has two heads, which rules it out as far as I'm concerned, but if any of the others has the powers you mention, it could work. I personally wouldn't be able to name it, but I would recognise it, so that covers the "can be deduced from the clues".

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah Grey_Wolf_C,
    I guess I didn't think about the two heads bit.... there should be 4 eyes in the darkness.... sorry.

OK, from the same section, another subspecies:

Spoiler
    Show
    Corpse Tearer ?

* Only has 1 head, so far as I can see from the description.
    * Not quite as strong, but still STR 36, so pretty strong.
    * Any creature flung.... travels 110 feet and takes 110 feet and takes 11d6 damage... nearly as much
    * Casts spells as a 17th Level Cleric. So it could cast Miracle ?

Or maybe some kind of half breed of the two sub-species ? They are both sub species of the same species.... all around P140 or so of MM2.

The beautiful thing - I think that's somewhat subjective..... I don't really know what to say on that.

The size category thing - if it's an infant, it could be a lot smaller than the fully grown one.
    Last edited by lothos; 2009-06-17 at 08:26 AM. Reason: wanted to add another point and clarification

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah Grey_Wolf_C,
    I guess I didn't think about the two heads bit.... there should be 4 eyes in the darkness.... sorry.

OK, from the same section, another subspecies:

Spoiler
    Show
    Corpse Tearer ?

* Only has 1 head, so far as I can see from the description.
    * Not quite as strong, but still STR 36, so pretty strong.
    * Any creature flung.... travels 110 feet and takes 110 feet and takes 11d6 damage... nearly as much
    * Casts spells as a 17th Level Cleric. So it could cast Miracle ?

Or maybe some kind of half breed of the two sub-species ?
    (Please call me Grey Wolf)

I don't have the MM, so I cannot check your numbers, but a 17th level Cleric can cast pretty much anything, including gate (which was suggested as a possibility) and miracle, which covers all bases. At level 8 it also has earthquake, although the ground stomp didn't look like a spell. Being a cleric does require the intervention of a friendly willing deity, but MitD has had a change of heart lately, so maybe a different deity is listening to him now (which would explain why previous pleas went unheard).

So it is a nice possibility, I must say.

Grey Wolf
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    Trying to continue a debate whilst ignoring valid points and instead bismirching your opposition's qualifications is generally considered rude. Some people find rudeness inflammatory.

None of this was meant in any way to call you out.
    Nice sarcasm there. i actually wasnt being sarcastic though, i'm a fairly blunt person and have come to the conclusion that my bluntness is sometimes taken the wrong way so i try to cover my a-- whenever i feel that i might be misunderstood as to whether or not im insulting someone.

And i wasnt besmirching anything its just that you can claim to be anyone on the internet. For instance prove to me that i am not in fact....i dunno....how about Ron Paul. Basically if I claim to be Ron Paul and you are unable/unwilling to break the laws you cannot prove that i am not and i cannot prove that i am. Whether or not I actually am is irrelevant to the point.

My real issue is when people claim authority and then say something without any proof and just expect you to take it on faith that they are who they say they are.

You posted links. Kudos. that's how an argument should be made if you care whether or not it/you are believed.

I guess i really should have just said:
    Quote Originally Posted by selene
    Actually, being a 3d artist.
    Prove it

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

So i was just flipping through the epic level handbook and stumbled across the Atropal on page 159. It fits pretty much everything except for the fact that it is undead :(

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TETanglebrooke View Post
    So i was just flipping through the epic level handbook and stumbled across the Atropal on page 159. It fits pretty much everything except for the fact that it is undead :(
    In that case, read lothos' posts. He has you beaten.

Edit: also, you may want to edit your posts to add new stuff, rather than double-post (technically against the rules, although I imagine only if you go overboard with it).

GW
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-06-17 at 08:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: I figured it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Random832 View Post
    There are about a dozen different interpretations floating around, and I'm pretty sure I've seen someone else deny that exact claim (supposedly his wording was "it will be recognizable" - which, if this is the case, does not preclude something tied to an existing original creation from the strip's past)... so - can anyone link to what he actually said?
    Rich mentions that in the "War and XPs" book. To be precise, in the comment page right before (printed) comic #368. Quoting the book (I have it in front of me), Rich wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich, in the book 'War and XPs', right before comic #368

I think the single most frequently-asked question I have gotten at conventions is, "When will we see what the Monster in the Darkness is?" Followed closely by simply, "What is the Monster in the Darkness?" So, just so everyone is clear: I know exactly what the Monster in the Darkness is. I have (almost) always known. Its first two or three appearances were before I had worked out much of the plot's details, so at that point, I just figured it was a mystery that I would never answer. Once I started developing the real story that I was telling, around strip #100, I figured out what the monster really was and have been dropping hints ever since. (Note that nothing from before strip #100 actually contradicts the truth of what it is, either.) I now know exactly when and why the monster will reveal itself, too... don't expect it any time soon, though. Sorry. There's a lot of story left, and that little tidbit will need to wait to close to the end.

I will say this much: It is possible to guess.

That is, it isn't something I just made up for the story. It wouldn't be any fun for the answer to a mystery to be something I invented just for this one purpose, would it? I won't finally throw back the darkness and have someone say, "Look! It was a therblewurkersaurus the entire time!" or some other made-up monster.

I realize that the line between something I made up and something someone else made up is a pretty fine one, but I trust that someone will figure it out eventually.
    There you are. The exact words of Rich on the subject, as printed in "War and XPs". Make out of that what you will :)
    JoseB

o/` Ooooh, sweet mystery of liiiiiIIIIIiiife... o/`

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

I've found that on the internet, it's best to assume everyone is who they say they are, to a point. When all you are is words, distrusting them makes real conversation impossible.

Anyways, Linnorn makes perfect sense. I like it.

Also, the reason they thought he was beautiful COULD have been the incredibly high charisma score for something so ugly...

By the way, aren't they normally from jungles?

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticFishing View Post
    Anyways, Linnorn makes perfect sense. I like it.

Also, the reason they thought he was beautiful COULD have been the incredibly high charisma score for something so ugly...

By the way, aren't they normally from jungles?
    Re: beautiful: they are also kind of like a dragon, and there is always that fascination with dragons that makes people call a gigantic lizard "beautiful". Must be the scales, or something. Never saw them as beautiful myself, but your mileage may vary and all that.

As I said, I don't have MM with me, but from what I've found in google, at least one of the subtypes is from swamps, so it seems not all are from jungles. Could someone please check?

Edit: Best I've found says "any land" which is very unhelpful.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-06-17 at 09:17 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Banned

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-06-17 at 03:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Simanos View Post
    Who said Jesus? Where's that thread?
    Locked, predictably.
    I'm a sylph!

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Lindorm for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Simanos View Post
    {Scrubbed}
    It was locked, thank god Rich.
    Edit: Frickin' Ninjas!
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-06-17 at 03:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Actually seeing as how i wrote the laws on the issue
    That was the sarcastic point I was refering to. But if that wasn't sarcasm but an actual claim? Damn...

My point is what was claimed could be reasonably verified by anyone with access to google with about 5 minutes of searching. Going "don't ask me to take your word for it!" when the information is available to everyone is less practical cynicism and more obstinate and unhelpful.

Yes an arguement should be verifiable, but in the interests of practicality you have to assume that where information is freely available people can do the basic searching on their own if they're unsure. Good lord if people had to reference all the basics whenever they write a report or journal submission alot of people would go slowly crazy.

Anyway, borrowing MMs from a friend later, gonna check for any other MitD candidates.

15. - Top - End - #435

Actually seeing as how i wrote the laws on the issue I can clearly tell you that it means nothing to an argument to claim authority on an issue where every person in the argument is anonymous.

If you can find a way to proved your credentials through the internet please let me know. otherwise you are going to need something more than words behind what you say.

Right now you're probably thinking "but he made claims too" i however did not claim to be an authority.
    Right now, that's not at all what I'm thinking. What I'm thinking is likely against forum rules to type out. Here are my credentials. Feel free to contact me at DAZ or Renderosity, and I will confirm them through either site. I'm Butterfly Fish/butterfly_fish or some variant on every Poser and Vue site.

My internet stores:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/i...p?vendor=17736
    http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/artistli...ist=13782&_m=d

My galleries:
    http://forum.daz3d.com/gallery.php
    http://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?/...user/mygallery
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/member.php

Any other questions?

Please note that none of this was meant to be inflammatory.
    Well then I'd say you've suffered a what-I-meant-vs.-what-I-said FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia View Post
    According to the Pokémon website, "Nintedo DS, Pokémon and Pokémon character names are trademarks of Nintendo". I've no idea about the actual character, but the name is a definite yes.

Could still be a xalrons...
    Glad you found that. I suspected, but I honestly didn't know for sure if they'd trademarked every single name. And whether Rich gets into legal trouble is obviously a lot more important than whether I like the character or not.

i'm a fairly blunt person
    Which, in my experience, is usually what someone says when they're trying to make excuses for acting like an ass.

Thank you to Droopy and Sadistic Fishing for your support.
    Done here. Thanks, friends.

16. - Top - End - #436

Trying to drag this thread back on topic, we know the MitD:
    • Is either quite strong, or has psionic abilities that mimic great strength (stomp, knock Miko through wall).
    • Is organic/biological (expected to devour enemies whole, enjoys eating, experiences flatulence, is aware of sexuality).
    • Is expected to be scary (by Xy, who knows scary), and has an extreme appearance (hideous or beautiful or both).
    • Has a wish-like or gate-like SLA (or psionic power), probable wish-like give his expectations about "hoping really hard".
    • His race can be guessed from the clues provided (not something Rich made up).
    • Negatives: cannot ususally speak (or perhaps speak common), not usually found in a jungle, probably a youth so his current size may not mean much.
    • Xy seems to expect Mitd to be both evil and tractable, but I put this last because it's just interpretation of Xy's actions.
    • Edit: the MitD seems to need to sleep after using powerful abilities. This may be the best clue!

In addition to the above, we fans expect the MitD to be something recognizable to main-stream D&D players, or perhaps old-school D&D players, though Rich didn't exactly say this. Still something like a Giant Space Hamster would fit our expectation better than something from a dusty corner of the Fiend Folio or a template stacked oddity.

I think the hardest points to reconcile are "devours enemies whole/clearly organic" with "beautiful in the eyes of some, with strong SLAs (or perhaps psionic)". Thematically, it seems like only a demon or large predator would do both the "devouring" thing and the "beauty" thing, and a large predator would likely lack the "wish" thing.

I think we can rule out outsiders from the "good" planes, as Xy expected MitD to be both evil and scary. An outsider from the "evil" planes seems unlikely, because fans have scoured the books pretty thoroughly without a convincing candidate (given pit fiends don't have kids), plus Xy seems to expect MitD to be tractable, which almost rules out demons.

So, I'm really loooking for something like a Giant Space Hamster - funny, recognizable, and no template stacking or the like. Heck, are there any Giant Space Hamster varieties that would work? I don't have the Elllllves in Spaaaace rules to check.
    Last edited by Skorj; 2009-06-17 at 05:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I don't know if it was already pointed out in the previous 14 pages, but it just occurred to me that neither Xykon nor anyone else in team evil has any idea mitd can teleport people.
    Supposing all of them knows the monster without knowing the teleport or wish-like seems stretched, so probably the creature can't usually do that, but could with a particular template or a particular choice.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    I don't know if it was already pointed out in the previous 14 pages, but it just occurred to me that neither Xykon nor anyone else in team evil has any idea mitd can teleport people.
    Supposing all of them knows the monster without knowing the teleport or wish-like seems stretched, so probably the creature can't usually do that, but could with a particular template or a particular choice.
    RC said he knows what the MitD is, but I'm not sure Xy does. Also, even if Xy knows that the MitD has a wish-like SLA, he has no reason to think the MitD would be motivated to rescue O-Chul and V. This will be a more interesting point once Xy and RC have had a chance to chat about the details of the fight in the throne room, but if they never do I see it as inconclusive.

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Skorj View Post
    So, I'm really loooking for something like a Giant Space Hamster - funny, recognizable, and no template stacking or the like. Heck, are there any Giant Space Hamster varieties that would work? I don't have the Elllllves in Spaaaace rules to check.
    I've never heard of Giant Space Hamsters. Are they something popular? If it does turn out to be this, I hope somebody will explain the Space Hamster oriented jokes after the reveal.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Colossus in the Playground

One D&D monstrous compendium, I think it was (one of the monster books, anyway) featured a group of Giant Space Hamsters, ranging from a "just what it says on the label" horse-sized hamster, to an invisible fire-breathing giant space hamster, to Miniature Giant Space Hamsters (physically indistinguishable from a normal hamster, but marginally more intelligent).

The game Baldur's Gate and its sequel featured, as one of the characters who could join your party, a ranger named Minsc who, after suffering a head injury, had developed the delusional conviction that his hamster, Boo, was actually a miniature giant space hamster and more intelligent than Minsc himself was. His writer steadfastly maintained that it was a delusion and Boo was nothing more than an ordinary hamster, nor did the level of intelligence Minsc attributed to Boo fit "normal" miniature giant space hamsters (as I said earlier in this post, they are more intelligent than normal hamsters, but we're talking "able to learn more complicated tricks," not "smarter than an average human"). However, while Minsc's own Wisdom was 8 (presumably he lost some from his Wisdom score in the head injury, since it was actually illegally low for a 2ed ranger), the statements he attributed to Boo demonstrated a remarkable insight which kept speculation about Boo's true nature alive.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Giant Space Hamsters aren't scary, though. They're fluffy.

22. - Top - End - #442

the monster dalmosh from monster manual 5 almost fits the bill, he wouldnt be able to fit in a leotard either

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xykon doesn't seem to suspect the monster as the one who stole his kill, so I'm prone to thinking the monster's wish-like ability is not a typical feature of whatever Xykon thinks it is. Are there monsters out there whose appearance is in the eye of the beholder? Redcloak, Xykon, and the hunters to one extent or another seem to think they know what it is, but it is in some other way an unusual specimen of that. Could they all be wrong?

24. - Top - End - #444
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

oh, like a shapeshifter?

and also: it's probably not a real
    creature-ey monster, like a dire rat,
    cuz it cast some sorta teleportation spell.

25. - Top - End - #445

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I've never heard of Giant Space Hamsters. Are they something popular? If it does turn out to be this, I hope somebody will explain the Space Hamster oriented jokes after the reveal.
    Giant Space Hamsters were a monster in Elllllves iiiiiiin Spaaaaace!!!, AKA Spelljammer. But as Kisk noted, they're more widly known than Spelljammer because of the Balder's Gate series of games, and the ranger Minsc and his (alleged) Miniture Giant Space Hamster, Boo. Minsc's battle-cry "Go for the eyes, Boo!" is perhaps the most remembered character-fluff one-liner from any computer RPG. Minsc and Boo actually originated in a pencil-and-paper D&D game involving one of the game designers.

The Balder's Gate series was remarkably popular (I think the most popular licensed D&D title ever), and while seemingly every RPG ever has had players with Drizzt-knockoff characters running around, the series featured the only licensed apperance of Drizzt Do'Urden in a computer RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia View Post
    Giant Space Hamsters aren't scary, though. They're fluffy.
    Weren't there "Carnivorous Giant Space Hamsters: an understandable, but regrettable experiment" and the Tyranohamstersaurus, much feared by the Tinker Gnomes? Well, I doubt that's really the MitD, but I just can't figure anything else that combines devouring opponents with powerful SLAa that cause a need to rest (though I understand there are divine powers with that restriction).

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noncaloric View Post
    Xykon doesn't seem to suspect the monster as the one who stole his kill, so I'm prone to thinking the monster's wish-like ability is not a typical feature of whatever Xykon thinks it is.
    Actually, since (as far as I can tell) we haven't seen the MitD use ANY of its powers in front of Xykon, I would argue that just because Xykon doesn't think MitD did it doesn't mean the power is non-standard. As far as Xykon is concerned, the MitD hasn't ever really done anything (except let Miko escape as part of his plan), so it's reasonable for Xykon to assume MitD had nothing to do with O-Chul's escape.

Greywolf mentioned cleric powers earlier, and that MitD would have to have a deity. Actually, 3rd edition (and I believe 4th as well) required a devout belief in a deity, faith, or philosophy. In short, you don't have to be a cleric of a god to be a cleric (or presumably have clerical powers).

Admittedly, nothing we've seen so far suggests that MitD has any deep belief in anything except stew and tacos.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

27. - Top - End - #447

Wow. Thanks Kish & Skorj. That's messed up about the hamsters. I can't decide if I'm amused or weirded out. Which is probably the point, I guess. LOL.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Well, the kids of devils and demons are an offical D&D monster called Cambion.

I don't know the 3.5 rules for those not in detail, but they should be able to reach lvl 18 sorcerer. The template could even be tagged to something nice (a wild elf) to create the "evil or good" dilemma of such a "hellboy"

So daddy was a pit fiend and mommy was an wilf-elf.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skorj View Post
    Trying to drag this thread back on topic, we know the MitD:
    • Is either quite strong, or has psionic abilities that mimic great strength (stomp, knock Miko through wall).
    • Is organic/biological (expected to devour enemies whole, enjoys eating, experiences flatulence, is aware of sexuality).
    • Is expected to be scary (by Xy, who knows scary), and has an extreme appearance (hideous or beautiful or both).
    • Has a wish-like or gate-like SLA (or psionic power), probable wish-like give his expectations about "hoping really hard".
    • His race can be guessed from the clues provided (not something Rich made up).
    • Negatives: cannot ususally speak (or perhaps speak common), not usually found in a jungle, probably a youth so his current size may not mean much.
    • Xy seems to expect Mitd to be both evil and tractable, but I put this last because it's just interpretation of Xy's actions.
    • Edit: the MitD seems to need to sleep after using powerful abilities. This may be the best clue!

Nice summary by Skorj. Comparing those points to the monster I proposed earlier in this thread:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the subspecies of Linnorm, most likely a Corpse Tearer, but could possibly be any of the three:
    • Corpse Tearer (1 head, 17 level cleric, STR 36)
    • Dread Linnorm (2 heads, so 4 eyes. 18 level Sorcerer, STR 40)
    • Grey Linnorm (1 head, 17 level cleric, STR "only" 24).

My points below are all for the Corpse Tearer. All from Pages 140 to 144 of Monster Manual 2 (the 3.5 edition).

It:

• Has a strength of 36, so can stomp. Is specifically mentioned in the text that "A creature that is flung.... travels 110 feet.
    • Is a "primeval creature", so would be organic.
    • Is an enormous predator with a CR of 28, probably higher than Xykon. Definitely higher than an unmodified Pit Fiend or Balor (both CR 20). A CR of 28 exceeds even that of a Great Wyrm Gold Dragon. In fact, it ties with 1 other monster also on 28 for the highest CR of ALL monsters in MM1 through MM5.
    • THe first option casts spells as an 18th level cleric (miracle). The second as an 18th level sorcerer (wish)
    • Is in Monster Manual 2, so it's definitely something that's potentially something we can find in a sourcebook.
    • Has an "immense body" (presumably when fully grown), but "it usually keeps itself in a compact shape". So it could fit in the darkness, especially if it's not fully grown and yet be large enough to devour whole medium sized creatures.
    • Has a listed alignment of "Always Neutral Evil", but it's a magical beast, not an outsider such as a devil or demon, so it's more realistic that it could be swayed towards neutrality by O-Chul than a Pit Fiend or Balor, in my opinion. Also it's more likely to be more easily controlled than a demon.

Furthermore:
    • "No young ones have been sighted for centauries, so it is possible these creatures are dying out". It's listed as being "Solitary", so that fits the circumstances in which we meet it in Start of Darkness (I'm not spoilering that, it doesn’t really give anything away).
    • They "adjust easily to any climate or terrain"
    • They have a listed AC of 33, but no damage reduction.....
    • They have a listed charisma of 21, but would be a large predator... this fits easily for me with being beautiful to some observers, but also fearsome.
    • They have a listed dexterity of 9, so it would be a bit clumsy... perhaps breaking it's power ranger figures ?
    • It has keen senses and "Sees four times as well as a human in low light conditions and twice as well in normal light"
    • Has Dark vision to 120 ft range

Looking at all of the above, I think it's a pretty good fit (the first of the 3 subspecies I list especially). The only thing I really have *nothing* to correlate with is that there's nothing about any of the 3 subspecies needing to sleep after using abilities..... sigh.

I’m going to keep looking through the source books for something better, especially for something that needs to sleep after using a spell like or psionic ability like wish or stomp. It might be from an adventure... who knows. So far, I think this monster is by far the best match.

30. - Top - End - #450

MindFlayer

Has a listed alignment of "Always Neutral Evil", but it's a magical beast, not an outsider such as a devil or demon, so it's more realistic that it could be swayed towards neutrality by O-Chul than a Pit Fiend or Balor, in my opinion. Also it's more likely to be more easily controlled than a demon.
    I am required to point out that this is completely incorrect. Always is always :P