New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Masa's Massively Masterful Message Medium - Random Banter #146

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    I cannot for the life of me see miss Knightly shooting an elf in the face with a crossbow in the armour of queen Ynci.
    In all fairness, in the abomination to all things historical or Arthurian knoen as Arthur she wields a bow. A longbow if I'm not mistaken.
    As a 'Pictish princess warrior in leather'. Called Guinevere.
    Fail.

Yes, this means Magrat is more badass than a Pictish warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    She is indeed far too thin.
    Poor girl.

It's weird . . . I hold strong dislike for Keira Knightley, and yet I've liked almost every movie I've seen her in to some extent, Pride & Prejudice included. And I did like the BBC version of P&P as much, though I've only seen it once, but I'm one of those few women who just doesn't see what's so great about Colin Firth. I sort of like Matthew Mcfadyen better. But like Koorli, it's not my favorite Jane Austen.
    Even Arthur?

Which book is your favourite? I have three which contend for favourite. Then the other two, then Mansfield Park. And that's only counting the finished novels which aren't her iuvenilia.
    Ah, speaking of, did you see the link I posted last thread to an online archive of Iane Austen's original manuscripts or no?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #542

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Yes, this means Magrat is more badass than a Pictish warrior.
    Discworld witches have to be tough. Witches who work closely with Granny Weatherwax have to be really tough.
    'Sides, Ynci pretty much was a fictional Pictish warrior.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #543

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Discworld witches have to be tough. Witches who work closely with Granny Weatherwax have to be really tough.
    'Sides, Ynci pretty much was a fictional Pictish warrior.
    Or at least, a Ynci was a Victorian view of a pictish warrior, heavily influenced by Victorian images of Boadiccea.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't so much get the 'OMG Colin Firth is teh hotzors!!!' thing, but he does some good acting.
    Very very true.

Even Arthur?
    Haven't seen it, don't want to.

I've seen:

All the Pirates of the Caribbean films, loved the first, thought the second was mediocre, enjoyed the third tolerably
    Bend it Like Beckham, which I loved
    Pride and Prejudice, which I enjoyed
    The Robin Hood one - was it Princess of Thieves? Horribly historically irritating but entertaining.

Which book is your favourite? I have three which contend for favourite. Then the other two, then Mansfield Park. And that's only counting the finished novels which aren't her iuvenilia.
    Ah, speaking of, did you see the link I posted last thread to an online archive of Iane Austen's original manuscripts or no?
    I confess to only having read three. Of them, I like Sense and Sensibility best, despite quite disliking Marianne most of the time. I think because (at least at the time I read it) I loved Elinor. I also am fondest of the S&S men. And there's the film. God, I love it.

Pride and Prejudice I really quite enjoyed but Northanger Abbey always irritates me, though I accept that its satirical element makes it more interesting in some ways.

Though I've yet to read them, I have seen film adaptations of the other three, and I would probably rank them Emma, Persuasion, Mansfield Park, though I must say that depends heavily on the quality of the adaptation. I saw the Gwyneth Paltrow Emma and I dislike Gwyneth Paltrow similarly to Keira Knightley but I did enjoy the movie, largely because of Mr Knightley I suppose (hey wait, two knightleys?). The Persuasion one wasn't bad but in the Mansfield Park that I saw I hated the costuming and I think that put me off it more than anything else.

But I shall have to read those three before I can tell you for sure.

5. - Top - End - #545

Haven't seen it, don't want to.
    Quick plot synopsis - please bear in mind I saw this once, three-ish years ago, so there may be errors:
    The Roman Empire is collapsing, so the Romans go home, leaving Romano-Celt Centurion leader (I forget the correct name) Artorius and a legion in charge of guarding Hadrian's wall, defending the Romano-Celts from the vil, barbarian woads. (Props for basing the legends on a theory that Arthur was a Romano-Celt - probably the best part of the film.)
    If I remember Merlin is the leader of the Evil Picts and Guinevere (Knightley) is his bow wielding, skimpy leather strap-for-armour daughter.
    His knights all with distinctly Franco-influenced names (for the most part (and I do acknowledge the Celtic and Welsh influences on the legends, but bear with me)) are also Romano-Celts. And are his - to use a Trek analogy (I'm watching several episodes as I type) - bridge crew.
    Some Evil Guy tells Captain Artorius to lead his core bridge crew on a mission to save Ierky Roman Family, the Captain he no like that the Ierky Roman Family imprisons and executes Woads. He frees Guinevere and goes home or something.
    Excalibur - which is not the sword in the frickin' stone!! - turns out to be, in essence, the marker to Papa's grave and he pulls it from the earth (how wonderful . . . ) and fights some Evil Woads.
    Oh, and this point Merlin and Guin's Woads are now Allies. They're Good Woads now.
    But the Saxons are invading! (You know, for a historically accurate Arthur with some very good historical research (I remember there was a controversial missionary called Pelagius who was executed leading to Captain Arthur, First Officer Lancelot and co defecting to Woad - see Pelagius actually existed (I only found out a month ago, and he was very popular in Britland aorund the fifth century, so again, a plausible excuse)) they seem to have missed that the Angles, Saxons, Iutes and Frisians were originallt hired as mercs, nd then they later settled, albeit with military force used. NO EXCUSE HOLLYWOOD! Don't you throw in some obscure fifth century Christian sect, but ignore the very well-known fact that the Saxons etc. were mercs first, then invaders.
    So there's the Battle of Badon Hill, the Good Woads and the Romano-Celts become allies to defeat the Saxons. Entirely. As if the Saxons never. came. back. or settled. or anything.
    OH, and did I mention that it's Guinevere who kills the Saxon leader? Or that Badon Hill is implied to be barely south of Hadrian's Wall? Because I know, for some reason, that the furthest north academic theory has ever suggested Badon Hill to be is NORTHERN LEICESTERSHIRE, with the vast maiority of possible sites being around the Thames Valley, Bath, Dorset and S. Wales.
    Of the eight sites suggested on Wikipedia, three are near Bath, two are in Wales, one in Dorset, one in the Thames Valley and the other one.

Don't even get me started on the Arthurian literature. Of any cycle, be it French, Welsh, Malory . . . all wrong! Some people they get close to the original characterisation; but the love triangle between the First Officer Lancelot, Captain Arthur and Communications Guinevere? De nada.
    The characterisation of the traditional characters comes right the bumble-hell out of nowhere. ALL WRONG!
    And in the end the dead knights are reincarnated as horses!?!?!?! THE HELL!

And that's running off what I can remember three to five years after the fact! It upset me so much that, even though I was watching it in Brain Off Mode the historical and literary inaccuracies (and I know that character interpratation varies wildly from book to book) upset me badly.

EDIT:
    And don't even get me started on the military inaccuracies (Seriously, Guinevere with a longbow?!), the Woads = Picts, but they don't say Picts; the characters are all composite or gone; and if I can see how badly wrong this film goes re: military accuracy, you know something's gone wrong.
    And, yes, I know Rule of Cool; but if you'll have Bishop Pelagius' execution as a maior plot point, then don't give Picts longbows and trebuchets dating from the fifteenth century!
    Anyway! By the late fifth century the Angles, Saxons etc. were already occupying extensive stretches of land in the south, so it was hardly an important battle! So the idea of Badon Hill (in which the Saxons attack from what seems to be behind Hadrian's Wall) as being a key point in their 'invasion' (which, granted, did happen, but slowly enough over twenty or thirty years) is ludicrous.
    Like I said, I could go on.

EDIT EIDT: IUst remembered! The Saxons had frellin' CROSSBOWS! Even the Romans barely had them.
    And technically Pelagius died of old age, and it was only later that Pelagius' teachings were declared heretical, but I'm willing to let that slide on account of at least trying.

Oh, and it's called King Arthur - my mistake.

I've seen:

All the Pirates of the Caribbean films, loved the first, thought the second was mediocre, enjoyed the third tolerably
    Bend it Like Beckham, which I loved
    Pride and Prejudice, which I enjoyed
    The Robin Hood one - was it Princess of Thieves? Horribly historically irritating but entertaining.
    Prince.
    Saw Pirates One, Bend It Like Beckham (during Double Science no less!), liked P&P, never seen.

I confess to only having read three. Of them, I like Sense and Sensibility best, despite quite disliking Marianne most of the time. I think because (at least at the time I read it) I loved Elinor. I also am fondest of the S&S men. And there's the film. God, I love it.

Pride and Prejudice I really quite enjoyed but Northanger Abbey always irritates me, though I accept that its satirical element makes it more interesting in some ways.

Though I've yet to read them, I have seen film adaptations of the other three, and I would probably rank them Emma, Persuasion, Mansfield Park, though I must say that depends heavily on the quality of the adaptation. I saw the Gwyneth Paltrow Emma and I dislike Gwyneth Paltrow similarly to Keira Knightley but I did enjoy the movie, largely because of Mr Knightley I suppose (hey wait, two knightleys?). The Persuasion one wasn't bad but in the Mansfield Park that I saw I hated the costuming and I think that put me off it more than anything else.

But I shall have to read those three before I can tell you for sure.
    You must read Persuasion and Emma - they are my other two rivals for top place, and really, more often than not my number one favourite is one of those two.
    In Persuaion the heroine actually takes matters into her own hands, and Emma (from, well, obviously) is a 'nana, it's a funny book Emma.

And Mansfield Park is so dull it took me a month to read. It's barely three hundred pages, and I always found myself saying, "Well, I can put it off for a while more, I'll iust re-read Reaper Man for the twentieth time." MF is dull.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-08-21 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Typos occur at two a.m., time to eliminate them.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

2012. End of the world?

Natural diasters this year. Earthquakes, eathrquakes, earthquakes. Flooding. And 2 Oil Spills. Anyone else actually worried?

It's silly I know, but I'm paranoided. I stayed up all night on 6/6/06 just becuase I freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #547

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    2012. End of the world?

Natural diasters this year. Earthquakes, eathrquakes, earthquakes. Flooding. And 2 Oil Spills. Anyone else actually worried?

It's silly I know, but I'm paranoided. I stayed up all night on 6/6/06 just becuase I freaked out.

Don't be. Earth bitch-slapped a girl a coupla millenia ago, and now it's getting it's karma biting it again.

Planetary hives, basically.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

If Terra follows her previous path for the past several billion years, then both she and I will 'end' in about six billion years, locked in one another's embrace as Sol perishes, the bastard.

If your species continues its, I'll admit rather intrepid, progression downwards into oblivion, I predict the last member of Homo sapiens will take his or her last breath on the equivalent of April 14th, 11068, at about 10:30 am, although the sky will be darkened by nuclear winter. Macrobiotic life will reemerge on a global scale after about 70,000 years, and will become globally prevalent to the same diversity and extent as prior to The Great War after about 15 million. These life forms will gain sentience another 60 million years after that. There my predictions end, as sapient life is difficult to predict.

9. - Top - End - #549

2012. End of the world?

Nope.
    Conspiracy theories are for fun, not for realz.

In addition, the weather for the past twenty years has been out of the norm, rather than standard.
    There's also the fact that we had a Year Without A Sun when Krakatoa went asplodey back in the 1880s (exact date, I don't know, but around then), so we could conceivably be iust getting over that.
    Or the mini ice age of the fourteenth century - could be that we're in turn for another one.
    Really, there's no reason to freak out, the earth will do what it does, and we're iust along for the ride. Statistically, and going purely from an evolutionary point of view we should have been extinct hundreds of thousands of years ago.
    Everything since then is pure luck and a bonus.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nope.
    Conspiracy theories are for fun, not for realz.
    I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory. It's like more like Ragnarök. Isn't it?

11. - Top - End - #551

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory. It's like more like Ragnarök. Isn't it?
    *blink*

Ragnarök is a myth, there is nothing to prove that anything behind Ragnarök is true - no matter how awesome it would be as an end of the world scenario.
    This 2012 stuff from the Mayans is likewise. A myth. A legend.

Did you know people though the same thing about the following years:
    100AD
    200AD
    300AD
    400AD
    500AD
    600AD
    700AD
    800AD
    900AD
    1000AD
    1100AD
    1200AD
    1300AD
    c.1340AD
    1400AD
    1500AD
    1600AD
    1660AD
    1665AD
    1666AD
    1700AD
    1800AD
    1900AD
    2000AD

And thta's iust Western Europe we're talking about! For the past 2000 years! And don't forget the five to ten years prior to every century as well.
    And I'm not even going into depth with all the dates. There are probably more than one hundred dates, but I can't be bothered.

So, why bother.
    It's iust your typical fin de siecle malaise combined with some funky mumbo iumbo from a dead civilisation.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

I just found out my guild leader reads oots.
    ____

13. - Top - End - #553
    Barbarian in the Playground

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2010-08-22 at 07:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

*snipp'd Arthur synopsis*
    Yeah, that sounds about how I figured. Blah. One of my mother's novels is about a historical Welsh lord with the amazing name of Cadwaladr (note: Welsh history blog by my mum=awesome, and people it's a pseudonym so don't try and stalk me with it) whose actual story was very like the Arthur myth: Father is killed fighting the Saxons, rival warlord marries mother, and people take Cadwaladr away and hide him for twenty years as foster son to a minor knight. No joke. I think the Arthur myth had already been around in Wales by then, though - Cadwaladr was somewhere between 5th and 7th century I think? Anyway his story may have been absorbed into the myth. And then there's all the horrible Geoffrey of Monmouth stuff. And then Chretien De Troyes' Lancelot/Guinevere, which is highly irritating but so typical, though unusual in that it shows Lancelot's unfaithfulness to his liege lord as being somehow honorable.

Prince.
    No, it's Princess of Thieves, not the Kevin Costner one. Terrible movie. But entertaining.

2012. End of the world?

I just watched 2012 last night with my mum. Another odd and not very good but highly entertaining movie. It's fun seeing landmarks get blown up, ho ho. And then I had a weird and convoluted dream about the aftermath of the movie - I was not one of the characters featured in it but I was definitely an important player and I accidentally killed the old Chinese man with the glasses for trying to steal carrots from the ancient storehouse I found left by Noah's Ark for just such an event as another great flood.

...Yeah.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Banned

SpiderMew, this is banter, not argument. If you can't have a light conversation without falling back on the crutch of forbidden topics, then develop those skills of conversation above and beyond, so that the structure of your light-hearted interjection holds with internal, clean, universal logic. Don't spoil the banter out of spite and insufficient conversational skills.

Hey look, I'm back from the dead.

Er, the busy. I FINISHED MY REGENCY COSTUME! But I don't have a picture of the full regalia. . .
    Also while you have assistance to take pictures of the full ensemble, have them help you lace up the back. The 11pm-and-I-want-to-sleep-soon lacing job is distorting the corset in the photo. I'm betting to myself that the diagonal wrinkles will vanish when the corset's laced to proper tightness and not being forced back on itself.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    SpiderMew, this is banter, not argument. If you can't have a light conversation without falling back on the crutch of forbidden topics, then develop those skills of conversation above and beyond, so that the structure of your light-hearted interjection holds with internal, clean, universal logic. Don't spoil the banter out of spite and insufficient conversational skills.
    I'm sure he was just joking.
    I hope.

D, the costume is fantastic.

Man, I love the modern age. I'm getting course info & the likes by chatting to my univeristy on Twitter.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

No Koorly?
    Oh no.

Koorly your skill with the english language flows fluently of thy tongue or your written word in a sweet suave voice which pleases one yet managing to be understandable and pleasing to simple folk like me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

18. - Top - End - #558

First Officer Lancelot, Captain Arthur and Communications Guinevere
    These descriptions, they amuse me, unlike the film (Not that I've seen it).

2012. End of the world?

No. Also, you know the actual Number of the Beast is 616?

(note: Welsh history blog by my mum=awesome, and people it's a pseudonym so don't try and stalk me with it)
    Why would I try to do that when I already facebook stalked you one time (almost by acccident), discovered your RL name and then went back to whatever else I was doing?
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Not when it happned. I was like 12~

20. - Top - End - #560
    Bugbear in the Playground

What a game of poker last night was. Definitely the longest and closest one I've ever had. Wow.

Afterwards was our customary Find-A-So-Bad-It's-Awesome-Film-On-One-Of-The-Obscure-Freeview-Channels-In-The-Early-Hours-Of-The-Morning, and disappointingly we could only get the end of one (but it was still hilarious) about werewolves who had to get an antidote for silver by robbing an evil scientist at gunpoint and one of them got captured so they had to face off with this Mexican one in order to get to the Age of Hope, and then they drove right through the Arc de Triomphe. The end?

Best quote from it: "Do you know how photographs work? Silver."

And now for the quotestorm:

Awesome.
    You. Me. Meetup. End of September good? If not, December?
    PMing you.

According to anecdotal evidence I was reading when I was three or four. Apparently the KoorlyParents were buying me KS1 prep stuff when I was in nursery.
    I doubt that, but I know I was reading when I started Y1 at six (I don't actually think there was a reception at my school until I was in Y2). And I know that because I got The Chronicles of Narnia as a present in December 1997, so I would have been six and three-quarters.
    That's a familiar story. Apparently I'd read newspaper headlines out of nowhere and such... I just don't know which sections of the newspaper would have interested my infant self.

How late is late? King Charles I, for instance, didn't speak until he was six years old.
    And we all know what happened to him.
    Not many films and such seem to present him accurately as a short, insecure Scotsman. Possibly due to popular associations with Scotland.

We added sugar, fire, lemonade, vodka, water, champagne.
    What.

My former housemate had absinthe for breakfast.
    Not as in 'Look, his alcohol tolerance is so amazing', he actually had absinthe for breakfast on wednesday.
    I've done that, but with really cheap booze that I poured on cereal to show how hard I was. I think you can guess how that went.

I've tried Absinthe sweets. I hate aniseed and licourice, unfortunately.
    I tried an aniseed ball once. As I recall, initially I thought it was OK, but after a little while it became a bit
    What's wrong with you people? Aniseed = a significant level of yum.

I's doing English, the noblest of all of the arts.
    QFT.

I'm gonna need a lot of reading done, I fear.
    Don't fear the reading! Embrace it!

I want to see another The Importance Of Being Earnest which is to my mind one of the best plays ever.
    Seconded. I distracted myself from A-Level results worries by reading my Oscar Wilde plays, and it worked a treat. They're fantastic.

1666AD
    Well, London did burn down...

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait what.

Then by my new calculations...

The world ended three days ago???

But, then, who was phone?!?!

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

When I read you English-studiers talking about it, I always wonder what it was in my education and upbringing that took away so much stress from English...

I have virtually no recollections of English in school save for scoring very well on spelling tests when I was young, and then struggling to understand how anything in literature worked up until about my last year of high school, when it all suddenly clicked. Truth is, I hated the subject until about the same time.
    Still, these days I find it hard to really be interested in it past the point of being able to put down my thoughts as exactly as possible into print. (Ironic how clumsy that sentence feels. ) I wrote shipfics a bit, back then. But I can't maintain an interest in it. I had to force myself to finish something I started writing. Music (yes, you guys that know me even the slightest bit saw this coming from a light-year away ) is sooo different. If I lay eyes on my guitar, I can't help but pick it up and work a bit on some song I'm working on.

So I guess that rambling was just me pondering where tastes and passions come from. I'm music/science impassioned. As a kid, my relative would provide me with books, chemistry sets, magnifying glasses, etc. and I gravitated towards the science stuff. (Oddly enough, my first introduction to music was later - fifth grade - and I hated the clarinet until I joined wind ensemble and started playing jazz. I just. Don't. Like. Classical. Clarinet. Classical bassoon is pretty epic, though. )
    I've also heard (but haven't particularly verified) that while schools in the U.S. lack strong math and science programs, but have comparatively good humanities programs, international schools are exactly reversed. Wonder what that does to one's tastes and interests, growing up.
    [/ramble]

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Wait what.
    Then by my new calculations...
    The world ended three days ago???
    But, then, who was phone?!?!
    Reference detect?
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-08-22 at 09:19 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMew View Post
    {Scrubbed}

Jane Austen: Only read Pride and Prejudice, Northanger Abbey and Sense and Sensibility, my preferences approximately in that order. I wish I knew more about the times so I got more of the jokes. It amuses me that Firth has been in both Pride and Prejudice, and in a modern version of the same story.

The actual reason I came in here: Quick everybody! I'm doing prizes for Iron Avatarist, but I can't think of what to do for Best Summer Job! We just don't have those things here...
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2010-08-22 at 07:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

2012. End of the world?

Are you an evil nazi-racist or something? Because 6th June is the Swedish national day, and only the evil nazi-racists aknowledge that there is such a thing as a Swedish national day, or even that the date is noteworthy at all. We other ordinary lagom swedes just think the entire idea is riddiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    The actual reason I came in here: Quick everybody! I'm doing prizes for Iron Avatarist, but I can't think of what to do for Best Summer Job! We just don't have those things here...
    Lifeguard?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-08-22 at 10:07 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565

Yes! Beautiful start, thank you. Anything else?

Oh, incidentally:

Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-08-22 at 10:10 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    I've done that, but with really cheap booze that I poured on cereal to show how hard I was. I think you can guess how that went.
    Ugh. Why would you do that to perfectly good cereal?

Alcohol at breakfast is only reasonable if you haven't actually slept.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking after that paradise island home thingamabobadingdongding?

Incidentally, M. Night Schllamalamadingdong.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ugh. Why would you do that to perfectly good cereal?

Alcohol at breakfast is only reasonable if you haven't actually slept.
    The key word here is 'alcohol'.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yes! Beautiful start, thank you. Anything else?

Oh, incidentally:

That probablly is what happened. I've argued that point before. When I wasn't being scared of course.

30. - Top - End - #570

Alright, I've got a surf lifesaver, and a firefighter. I'm thinking of making it a sort of tribute to the various worthy people of Australian summers, so can anyone think of a third admirable summer job?