New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

To back up Inyu...

*coughninjas*

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    To back up Inyu...

*coughninjas*

...Eh what?

Is this in relation to the post you made in Soul Society?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Suzume may be in for a rude surprise, considering Magatsu is looking for Daisuke now.

EDIT: Wow, I totally confused who was where. Nasumi is with Shishimaru, not Daisuke. Don't mind me...
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-19 at 10:52 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Inyu, waiting for Pico in Hueco Mundo.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

So basically, here's what I am imagining happening in 10th Division:

• Captain Masaru sends butterflies to the Captains.
    • Taiki receives one, basically forwards the message to his VC because he's "busy."
    • The 10th Division VC (who I suppose I will play as until someone creates one) issues orders to the Execution Squads via butterfly chain (VC sends one to ES 1, who sends one to ES 2, etc.), since they each have a butterfly caged with them. At this point they realize that 1) ES 7 is missing in action (ES 8 would receive ES 6's message and figure out something was up), and 2) Taiki has also not issued them official orders. At that point the VC basically performs captainy duties of organizing 10th to follow Plan Charybdis-Scylla as closely as possible given current duties.

Does that work for everyone?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    So basically, here's what I am imagining happening in 10th Division:

• Captain Masaru sends butterflies to the Captains.
    • Taiki receives one, basically forwards the message to his VC because he's "busy."
    • The 10th Division VC (who I suppose I will play as until someone creates one) issues orders to the Execution Squads via butterfly chain (VC sends one to ES 1, who sends one to ES 2, etc.), since they each have a butterfly caged with them. At this point they realize that 1) ES 7 is missing in action (ES 8 would receive ES 6's message and figure out something was up), and 2) Taiki has also not issued them official orders. At that point the VC basically performs captainy duties of organizing 10th to follow Plan Charybdis-Scylla as closely as possible given current duties.

Does that work for everyone?
    Fine by me.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

If one were to split a single kido into separate identical effects a la Sōren Sokatsui, what describing word in Japanese would suffice for 'Twin' kido? I don't feel comfortable just copypasta'ing Soren onto any normal kido, knowing little of the language myself.

Metamagic effects on kido were explored by Draken, and given Ryouichi is the frakkin' CG, and a noted bakudo enthusiast, I don't think it's much to ask for the ability to use MM'd kido with some focus.

So, more or less, what's the equivalent Japanese word for 'Twin' in the context of Twinned Bakudo 63: Saju Sabaku?

EDIT: Eh, I'll just post in SS for now, but wait on this for further reference.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-01-20 at 09:40 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the kanji for twin is "Sou" (also spelled as Sõ - damned if I can do the little bar thing. Anyhoo). Ren can be used as consecutive/sequential. Hence Souren Soukatsui.

You could use "Iki", or breath, "Oto", sound, or "Gin", song, in conjunction. Take your pick.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Souren it is!
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

I personally would find Sougin more charming, but that's your pick.

Considering it's likely to be Ryouichi's shtick, even if someone were to develop a similar technique, a different name could probably be used.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm kind of worried actually. With all the Bakudo Karite's under, I feel it'll seem overpowered for his Hollow to break them. Considering he's now under three, soon to be four or five, it seems like the Hollow breaking them is just ludicrous, but that was the plan.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I'm kind of worried actually. With all the Bakudo Karite's under, I feel it'll seem overpowered for his Hollow to break them. Considering he's now under three, soon to be four or five, it seems like the Hollow breaking them is just ludicrous, but that was the plan.
    ...Yeah, it would. Perhaps you should go more for "breaks out and shunpos out of the way" instead of "breaks out of 5+ kido, two being from the freaking commander general".

Either that, or deal with the hand you're dealt. Plans don't always go exactly as... uh, planned.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    ...Yeah, it would. Perhaps you should go more for "breaks out and shunpos out of the way" instead of "breaks out of 5+ kido, two being from the freaking commander general".

Either that, or deal with the hand you're dealt. Plans don't always go exactly as... uh, planned.
    This. Maybe he "breaks out" later on. But it's not like any of the Captains present are going to take any chances when Kujo's on the loose. Better to lock Karite up and clear things up later, Masaru figures.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    This. Maybe he "breaks out" later on. But it's not like any of the Captains present are going to take any chances when Kujo's on the loose. Better to lock Karite up and clear things up later, Masaru figures.
    I think the plan was for Karite to escape custody much like Genoveva just did. If he gets locked up now, we're going to have to go through this whole thing again to get him out.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Question to those in Suzume's scene: Mind if Yoshi drops in? I'd meant for him to be out and about earlier, and that plan kind of trailed off. I figure he could have been moving on his own, then got a radio signal from 12th to hook up with some patrol or another. Then, he stumbles across the little group.

...Mainly, I'd just like to have him be doing something. >_>

16. - Top - End - #166

Question to those in Suzume's scene: Mind if Yoshi drops in? I'd meant for him to be out and about earlier, and that plan kind of trailed off. I figure he could have been moving on his own, then got a radio signal from 12th to hook up with some patrol or another. Then, he stumbles across the little group.

...Mainly, I'd just like to have him be doing something. >_>
    If you can get him there. Suzume's in trouble soon O_o. Multiple shinigami after her, including two captains, a high seated officer, and three others.

"Ninja powers!"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I think the plan was for Karite to escape custody much like Genoveva just did. If he gets locked up now, we're going to have to go through this whole thing again to get him out.
    No.

The plan was for Masaru to aid Michiko, and then leave. Then Karite would wreak havoc.

In hindsight, perhaps me and FF should have told the community about our plan before going through with it.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

...He should have thought of that before he started a hollow-fueled freakout in front of 3 Captains who were already on edge from both fighting Genoveva and the mention of Kujo?

If you can get him there. Suzume's in trouble soon O_o. Multiple shinigami after her, including two captains, a high seated officer, and three others.

"Ninja powers!"
    I know there's Moon Wolf's Captain but who's the other? And who's the "high-seated officer"?

Well, I already have a way to; and he's just as much there to deal with the kido bombs as anything.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    No.

The plan was for Masaru to aid Michiko, and then leave. Then Karite would wreak havoc.

In hindsight, perhaps me and FF should have told the community about our plan before going through with it.
    Uh, yeah. That would have helped immensely.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-01-20 at 10:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

I know there's Moon Wolf's Captain but who's the other? And who's the "high-seated officer"?
    Kazuo's gunning for her. The officer is Sigint.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

...The question of "Who gets to lock Karite up and where?" will be a very highly interesting question come the end of this whole little plot, to be sure.

We should all learn a valuable lesson from this plot: Don't assume other people know what you're planning.

Which reminds me, I have some things that need doing.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

"And Ah planned ta kill at LEASt un captain or sumthin'. Ya don't see me bithin' about not gettin' ta do dat! Suck it up ya half-a-hollow!"

Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I'm just waiting for the inmates of Maggot's Nest to break loose so Kazuma can unleash some HELL.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'm going to be away this weekend for a triathalon. Won't be back until... probably Sunday evening/Monday. For me, not for you guys.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Have fun, horngeek! And good luck (assuming you are participating)!

Edit:

As a personal request, I ask that everyone not immediately move towards Kujo's location. I understand that there are reasons to do so, but if you could not do that, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-01-21 at 02:23 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

I second the above notion, but for slightly different reason: as noted in my last SS post, the whole purpose of all those distractions was to scatter Gotei forces - and Kujo succeeded. I'd feel pretty miffed if all characters just ignore that part and magically teleport to Kujo's location just because they have the slightest reason to "be there".

As for the "Don't assume other people know what you're planning" echoed above, I should note that in regards to Karite's fate, I didn't tell anyone, because I didn't have anything to tell. I've been winging it ever since the fight with Genoveva started.

(In regards to Maggot's Nest plot, yes, I admit I started telling other people of my plans too late for their sensibilities. However, in retrospect, everyone related to that plot has been informed of all things of import well before they've happened in-game. While this has largely been due to pacing being way different from what I expected, I still think we can give it a rest.)

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Um. I'll be honest, riccaru, Akio's behavior just screams arrogance that will only get him in more trouble. He isn't cooperating with orders, as unnecessary as they may be. Protocol is protocol, and there are no exceptions, even for officers, even for nobles.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get to the posting of other stuff later, I'm still recovering from sickness and such.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-01-21 at 07:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, Akio is being a naughty, naughty Shinigami. He's dug a nice deep pit for himself, it'll be amusing to see him crawl out from it.

EDIT: Just an amusing tidbit inspired by KD: Suzume lost her arm to berserking Hannibal. She's lucky to be alive. XD
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-01-22 at 02:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

He's not the only one! :O However, I would not enjoy writing for Talon as much if her arrogance wasn't palpable enough to paint a giant target on her head.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-01-22 at 02:31 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    He's not the only one! :O However, I would not enjoy writing for Talon as much if her arrogance wasn't palpable enough to paint a giant target on her head.
    There's digging yourself a pit, then there's digging yourself a pit, climbing inside, and paying a guy to fill it with cement. xD
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."