New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

SO! I've been thinking.

When I first created Hasunaga, it was pointed out to me that there were already plenty of "tutor" type characters around. So that gave me one extra reason to give him a backstory that gave him motive NOT to do so.

Recent developments in the plawt, however, have led me to believe it would be irresponsible of Hasunaga not to train them eventually. He, more than everyone, realizes that he can't be there to protect every single student, and Sayaka's recent attack gave him more than a painful reminder in that respect.

But he's a stubborn old man and very set in his ways.

So I'm thinking that the Michiko plot might be the final push he needed to realize it - the rationale being that if the kids were stronger they wouldn't have been kidnapped. (Yes, I realize they probably would have been kidnapped anyway. But it's something that tugs at his heartstrings, dangit. )

Of course, this is something that should be discussed with everyone - because it affects more characters than just mine. I'm thinking they eventually create a club specifically for gathering the kids with spiritual powers, and send them on a "camping trip" (thank you for your inspiration, Akamatsu).

What do y'all think?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #752
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Actually, that sounds like an excellent idea to me. I've been trying to figure out a way for Mayumi to get more involved with the kids, and if that happens after the Michiko arc, then it could also be a way for us to introduce the Samsara, away from the main influence of the Town and the Shinigami who may be watching it.

But if you decide to have Hasunaga do that, let me know. That way, he and Mayumi (at least, if not more teachers as well) can work together on this, since they probably know each other.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Orc in the Playground

I was considering that Hasunaga would probably be unable to train Kina, so that means he'd have to find a Quincy to do it. What a wonderful coincidence that Mayumi is one, don't you think?

And yes, that sounds like a good idea. One of the reasons I decided to discuss this in advance was precisely so we could work it out amid those of us playing teacher characters.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

Don't see why Hibiki couldn't get in on the fun.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Which Rider is that, nc?
    He is Kamen Rider Stronger/Shigeru Jo.
    I decided to use this avatar since I was doing friendship speeches with Ken.
    Such a visage is only fitting for an ally of justice.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-13 at 12:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, my villainous characters are always open for reducing excess mentors for that happy dramatic feeling. I think Reene might want to reduce the competition sooner or later too. XD

The idea is sound. I'd see it as a potential lead-up or tie in with Samsara, once we get there.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    He is Kamen Rider Stronger/Shigeru Jo.
    I decided to use this avatar since I was doing friendship speeches with Ken.
    Such a visage is only fitting for an ally of justice.

You know what it's better than decade

8. - Top - End - #758
    Pixie in the Playground

Actually, I made Mayumi because I saw all these Quincy characters, none of whom were especially skilled, and no one to help them with that. So, I fixed that!

Speaking of other teachers though, has anyone heard from Edge about Soren Stein, his Bount teacher? Because that makes a team of four teachers, since Ito is out of the picture. Oh, if only we had one more we could be a Five Man Band!

Also, Frozen and I are still waiting on Terry in the SS thread.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think we've heard from Edge on anything, let alone his teacher.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Edge's been absent for a long while now. Last time I heard of him, he was really busy with school. I've seen him log on to MSN passingly not too far in the past, but forgot to talk with him. (^^;;)

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

Well that's a darn shame, because I really liked his idea for his teacher. But with the three, then we still have a nice Power Trio dynamic, probably with Hasunaga as the Kirk, Mayumi as the Spock, and Hibiki as the McCoy. Or, at least that's how I see it.

And Strawberry, I fixed the post in the HM thread. Sorry, it wasn't entirely clear to me that Talon had gone down at some point.
    Star Wars iTP characters

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga of all people as the Kirk? You sure it's not just because you ran out of spaces?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Of course, this is something that should be discussed with everyone - because it affects more characters than just mine. I'm thinking they eventually create a club specifically for gathering the kids with spiritual powers, and send them on a "camping trip" (thank you for your inspiration, Akamatsu).

What do y'all think?
    I'd like to point out that Kasanip had the idea to use the shrine as a place where the mortal kids could train way back in the first discussion thread for this setting.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1025
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1030

I'm not saying they shouldn't go on a trip to do some stereotypical secluded wilderness training or whatever you might have in mind. I'd just like to point that there already is an alternative. After hearing of the danger Sayaka, Kina and Ken were caught up in, I think it would make sense for Haruaki to want to offer them to use his place to train. He's already begun a conversation about training at the moment so this would be the perfect time for him to bring up the option to use the shrine as a practice ground by accessing the pocket dimension within it.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-13 at 03:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm, good point. I didn't remember that, actually.

The training will likely not take place until after the Michiko plot, however - as that is the "wake-up call" Hasunaga needs.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

First off, wee crazy Hueco Mundo intrigue.

Secondly, after some thinking, I have decided to drop Kyou. Ultimately, she would be another high-maintenance character with a theme that I am already kind of covering with Val. In the near future I will probably have her killed off, she has been in critical condition for a while anyway. I just can't and won't be able to give her the attention she deserves between her and Valeria.

Thirdly, with old characters going, a new one comes in. Draken gave the okay for this, so:

Princess Carina von Geister-Lucaster, favored daughter of Las Noches
    Spoiler
    Show
    Type: Arrancar

Height: 3'10

Weight: 57 lbs.

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Goldenrod

Aspect of Death: Carina does not possess an Aspect of Death, as she is an artificial arrancar.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Princess Carina looks almost nothing like her 'mother' and 'father', with vivid green hair, blank magenta-red eyes, and an almost continual neutral frown. One might wonder with her position why she would always dress in rags, but Carina's body has a detrimental effect on clothes. The continual secretions dye them yellow, and over time begin to eat them away, so she usually settles for wearing thick, grungy robes. However, one fitting part of her wardrobe is the wearing of a golden crown. To the top-right of her head is what appears to be her mask, a grinning face with no eyes (however, this is a fabrication to throw people off). She has humanoid arms, however the entire lower half of her body is composed of a wriggling green mass of tentacles.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Princess Carina is two things. To those who do not know or mention her name, Carina is silent and even shy.
    But the moment anyone mentions her name, a switch is flicked, and she becomes much more aggressive. She usually demands they atone for this by amusing her in some manner. In short, she is manipulative, spoiled, and has a feeling of entitlement appropriate to her sovereign position.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like many of Von Geister's 'children', Carina is a product of Renee, a former broodling whom was manipulated by Erscheinung into an arrancar. Many would posit that she is a failure, but they would be wrong, as her 'mutation' is actually her resurreccion, of which she is in a continual state of release. But this fact is a closely guarded secret, and Carina herself sooner allows people to think of her as a mutant.

Abilities and Release: Rey Amarillo (Yellow King)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because she is in a state of continual release, Carina does not possess a zanpaktou.

Bala: Carina's bala are on the low end of numeros power.

Cero: In comparison to her bala, Carina's cero are quite powerful for her stature. However, they take a long time to charge, and while the upper realm of her ceros are vastly destructive, they are also highly unpredictable; while one of her cero could destroy a large stone building, another could barely scratch a wooden shed. Carina has taken to ranking her cero strength by 1 to 20; 1 being her weakest, and 20 being her strongest. Overall, 5-10 is equivalent to numeros, 11-18 are in the realm of fraccion strength, and 19-20 rest in the capability of espada.

Hierro: Carina's hierro is about as inconsistent as her other abilities. At some times, a human could wound her. At others, even an Espada would have difficulty. Like her cero, Carina ranks her hierro reaction strength by 1 to 100, 1 being the weakest, and 100 being the strongest. 10-70 is numeros-strength. 71-90 is fraccion-strength. 91-100 is Espada strength. A 100 is about guaranteed to effectively nullify most abilities that don't pierce through hierro.

Sonido: Carina is inept at sonido to the point of incapability. It winds her incredibly, and is inconsistent; she never seems to wind up in the place she wishes to be. This sometimes comes to her advantage, as it is hard to predict the movements of her sonido, but it rarely does. Her sonido can be anywhere from 1 to 100 feet off target, and every so often she manages to stop right where she wishes.

Telepathy: Carina is capable of telepathy, and generally prefers it as her form of speech.

Name Awareness: Carina has a special telepathic link to her name, and within a certain radius (about equivalent to the size of Las Noches), she is immediately aware of when someone speaks her name aloud. At first, depending on how loud it is spoken, to her it is usually of minimal notice. But those who speak her name in rapid succession make the telepathic sensation she receives stronger, and gives her a bearing on where her name was spoken.

Air Mastery: Carina can manipulate the air around her to allow flight, independent of reishi.

Aura Triumphant: Carina's most unique capability, she usually saves this for when dealing with those who speak her name. Within around 100 feet of her, the ability to speak becomes difficult over time, eventually becoming absolute gibberish. As such, abilities dependent on speech (like the chanting of kido) become difficult, to the point of impossibility. As a secondary effect, those that speak her name within this aura have their skin burned by incomprehensible scribbles that heal unusually slowly (about ten times slower). The secretion from Carina's skin heals these wounds instantly, and as such she uses it as a bargaining chip to get those who speak her name to do as she wishes (there is no special compulsion to do so, as it will eventually heal and while resistant to healing kido or other methods of healing, constant application will allow it to heal eventually).
    Complete loss of intelligible speech can occur anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes, depending on the mental strength and willpower of the victim. Recovery after leaving the aura (or if Carina suppresses it) occurs gradually over the course of anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, also depending on the victim.

Maddening Ichor: Aside from healing the odd effects of her aura, the secretions produced by Carina's body act as a very violent hallucinogen when consumed orally.

I realize that the random abilities may be a turnoff, but at request I can ignore those, or crop the "chance" to be somewhat more narrow.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-13 at 09:34 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, random chance abilities are kinda meh, since that can basically be played as "Whatever I feel is necessary" sometimes. But I trust you to play them well. I love the Aura Triumphant.

Also, on the idea of training, Kina should probably get working on that after the Michiko plot. Which should start sometime this week, hopefully. I'm gonna get Kina out of the Shrine next post I make, then we can move on. Sorry about my slowness recently.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

17. - Top - End - #767
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Strawberryman: huh. That's...a rather unusual set of abilities. Still, none seem particularly broken and the random effects don't seem that bad to me, so it's good as far as I'm concerned.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

Really, when it comes down to it, most of her powers are situational, some of that situation being, of course, luck. Most of her power comes in that she is a daughter of Von Geister, so messing with her would likely provoke his wrath. It isn't really a quantifiable power, but it is sort of there.

Also. YOU DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EAT THE PRINCESSES' SWEAT.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-13 at 07:58 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #769
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, so after the Michiko arc we'll get the teachers together to work on training the kids. Sounds good to me. Also, I only picked Hasunaga for the Kirk because Mayumi and Hibiki are farther away from that than he is, and he is the most gung-ho.

However, upon reading the trope again, I'd probably keep Mayumi as the Superego, but move Hibiki to the Ego and Hasunaga to the Id. However, these are once again only my opinions.

And yes, even under ordinary circumstances eating sweat is traditionally a bad idea.
    Star Wars iTP characters

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Also. YOU DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EAT THE PRINCESSES' SWEAT.
    You can't tell me what to d-I CAN TASTE THE SKY

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    You can't tell me what to d-I CAN TASTE THE SKY
    Generally we are talking lovecraftian horror haunting session. It isn't addictive, so after the first time one can probably quit cold turkey unless you're really messed up in the head.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

...the princess... sweats LSD?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to Von Geister's lifecrafting powers. Bending biology on its knees and treating it like a bitch in ways Marvel and DC comics would not dare try.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Correction: bad LSD.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Were you inspired by a certain Lovecraftian being dressed in yellow when you came up with this character?

Also, speaking of achievements, here is at least one achievement I can think of:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post

Were you inspired by a certain Lovecraftian being dressed in yellow when you came up with this character?
    Perhaps.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Noooo! All those pretty achievement boxes! Now I want to make some myself too...

29. - Top - End - #779
    Orc in the Playground

For Frozen.

And, one more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

... has anyone been gathering these to any one place? Maybe someone should. XD