New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BleachitP OOC XI: All wet and tied up.

The Fae have not invaded yet, and likely won't for some time.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shexux, Squirming Heir To Corruption

Minor Contract Of Fire: Shexux may manipulate existing fires, although not to the extent that would allow directly combat-useful applications.

Adequate Contract of Flowing Celerity: Shexux may move at speeds comparable to shunpo, although he seems to flow unhealthily rather than run.

Adequate Contract of Ash-Blackened Stone:
    Shexux has superhuman strength and toughness, as indicated by his filthy grey skin.

Average Contract Of The Filthy Sun: Shexux may store, draw power from and manipulate any kind of "dirty" energy, be it from a coal-burning furnace or a radioactive plant.

Average Contract Of The Discarded: Shexux may manipulate, empower and draw power from trash, waste and garbage of all kinds.

Major Contract Of Vilesmog: Shexux may create and manipulate smoke, smog, and a variety of disgusting fumes in any way he pleases.

Major Contract Of Grosslime: Shexux may create and manipulate sludge, slime, and any manner of toxic run-off that pleases him.

As "Heir To Corruption" Shexux is currently seeking a Supreme Contract with Corruption itself, hoping to gain enough power to push himself to the upper echeolons of the Fae court.

"I'll be seeing you around, you beautiful little things. Avoid clear water, fresh air and clean surfaces - those simply aren't good for growing lads..."
    Last edited by Revlid; 2009-10-01 at 07:10 AM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Ah, yes, confusion.

NOTE: FAE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY RELEASE OTHER THAN THAT BESTOWED BY A CROWN.

A Crown's release floods the using Fae with the aspect of reality held in the Crown, transforming them into a primal manifestation of it.

Owynn was using his Contracts of Shadow to mimic a shinigami's abilities (similar to the D&D spells shadow conjuration and shadow evocation)), based on what he saw of Einion and James when he came across them. This is why he used the same Kido system that James uses, despite other Fae not having an equivalent.

HZ: Contract of Beauty should change name to Vainglory. Written word begins to tread on Old Man Oath's abilities.

NS: Strength is not a contract. A Fae's super-human strength comes from a Minor Contract of Stone. Similarly, almost every Fae ought to have at least an Adequate Contract of Celerity, in order to have a shunpo-equivalent.

Right, time to go and write up the page!
    Actually, I was pointedly avoiding any shunpo equivalent, his blows are supposed to be faster then the eye can see, and he himself the impending glacier that edges ever towards you.

Also, thanks for the clarification.. I looked back, and couldn't determine what you could have meant by the whole deal with Owynn..

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, The Fae page is up on the wiki. Any other questions, I'll clarify them on there.

Old Man Oath arrives.

Added notes on common Contracts and cold iron to the Fae page.
    Last edited by Edge; 2009-10-01 at 06:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

The Supreme Contract of a Thousand Abilities doesn't overlap, actually.

Remember, Teller could only use purely fictional characters.

Add to that the fact that it takes a while for him to switch (i.e. about an hour), and that he'll only use one appropriate to the situation, and it becomes a lot less haxx.

Also, you may have missed where I edited in a "can't become more powerful than he would be anyway" thing.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-10-01 at 07:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm really not sure about this whole thing. This seems to lend itself way too easily to a curbstomp in favor of the Fae, lazy or no.

I mean, a guy with diamond hard armor, who can hit with the temperature of the sun?

A guy who can explicitly manipulate reality? As well as wholly copying the powers of a vast number of individuals?

A guy who can change his powers on the fly?

This all feels a bit like when it was stated that Owynn ap Morrigna had a "major contract with speed" and was then stated to be "as fast as speed itself". Maybe it cheesed me off because it specifically undermined my character (yet again) as pretty much the fastest thing around (barring, say, Daisuke and Toho). But the nature of the major and supreme contracts just begs for abuse.

Also, there's this:
    Fae are weak to the grounded nature of iron. Any pure iron weapon (i.e. not steel or any other iron alloy) will completely disregard any protective Contracts a Fae may be using. A pure iron weapon that is hand-forged (i.e. worked without being introduced to any degree of heat at any point) will perform as a pure iron weapon, and in addition cause horrendous wounds to a Fae it strikes. Rather than bleed from these wounds, small manifestations of their main Contract will leak out of their body - for example, an insectile Fae would let out a swarm of flies when wounded by a hand-forged iron weapon. These wounds take a long time to heal, cannot be healed through any supernatural method, and are exceptionally painful.
    A "pure iron weapon forged with no heat" is crap. It doesn't exist, because you need heat to make it something besides a few lumps of rock. And cold iron is a very vague term, historically. Beyond that, unless someone explicitly creates such a character, no one will have cold iron (as you seem to be defining it). Why? Because it sucks for weapons. It's a good thing they're not invincible without being hit by this (well, unless they've got super-armor, I suppose), because that would effectively null the rest of us.

Who aren't nearly millions of years old, as the Fae leader apparently is.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, it's no where near on the fly.

One hour is not on the fly. I can make it as long as it needs to be for it to stop being haxx.

Plus, he wants a good story. If the story demands he loses, he'll throw the fight.

If people still think it's haxx, I'll change it.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-10-01 at 07:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I missed the hour limitation. That's not quite as bad, and adding the "only fictional characters" bit helps even more.

Though having just read Old Man Oath's entry...Seriously?

He can casually disrupt a zanpaktou, or unleash an Inner Hollow? Great, that cripples most all Shinigami, and even turns a few of us into outright enemies of our friends. Great. Awesome. And he can do it with a wave of his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Deadtiming.

Satoshi: Planning in his office.

Tyler: Trying to make a good impression with Ami's folks.

Hector: SCIENCE!

Noriko: *Censored*

Luther: Puttering about the ARC camp.

Team 5: Some are guarding Greta, the others are guarding Eirene.
    Still applies. Back tonight.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-10-01 at 07:10 AM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Except it's next to useless against Daisuke.

Shinken: Fighting with him anyway.

Inner Hollow: Long, rambling speech finishing with: So, he's not that weak, so I'm fighting with him anyway.

And I just added the one hour switch time to Teller's list of Contracts here. I'll also add the "only fictional characters". I get the possible haxx, though I don't think it muscles in on the Old Man, but I like the idea very much, and it ties in with the fey only copying stuff.

Now to actually type up a character registry entry.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-10-01 at 07:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

He can casually disrupt a zanpaktou, or unleash an Inner Hollow? Great, that cripples most all Shinigami, and even turns a few of us into outright enemies of our friends. Great. Awesome. And he can do it with a wave of his hand.
    Just like, ooh... Muramasa. He's not going to be handwavium people's zanpakutous away. I at no point said he would do it casually. In case you missed it, he has to understand the relationships involved first, which for a self-centred solipsistic entity is not a casual thing to do, and will in fact take no small amount of fights to try and discern and understand.

Also note that basically all he can duplicate is a shikai-level ability. In a fight, he's going to have a shikai-level ability vs. whatever the shinigami decides to use. If he gets to understand said shinigami's relationship with their zanpakutou, then its his shikai vs. the shinigami's zanjutsu, hakudo and kido. Its also worth bearing in mind that he's a noble - sure, his Wyrd is high, but in Arcadia, he's never had to do a day's fighting in life. Despite his (alleged - Fae lie a lot, and this probably a prime example) age, his combat experience is almost nil. Throw in the vast swathes of arrogance that come with what he is, and he's not so much of combat threat now.

Remember that the Fae have no idea that kido exists, and have never encountered it, outside of Owynn confrontation with Einion and James in the black depths of the backstory.

Re: Hand-forged iron. I am basing this on a source, but I am currently working from memory. I will re-read said source and clarify.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Edge, what do you think of the redone Teller Supreme ability?

I'm thinking he'd also have a contract which means he knows the specifics of every purely fictional work. By which I mean, the characters can't be directly real people (from BleachitP perspective).

Which means he'd know there was a concept of Kido and if he went for a canon Bleach DETERGENT character, he could use it, but he'd be caught completely off guard by the fact that it was actually real. He could still use it- I mean, if you have Kendo in a fictional work, that doesn't make it non-fictional just because it includes a real thing.

On it muscling on the Old Man, again, I don't really see it.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-10-01 at 07:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Edge, what do you think of the redone Teller Supreme ability?

I'm thinking he'd also have a contract which means he knows the specifics of every purely fictional work. By which I mean, the characters can't be directly real people (from BleachitP perspective).

Which means he'd know there was a concept of Kido and if he went for a canon Bleach DETERGENT character, he could use it, but he'd be caught completely off guard by the fact that it was actually real. He could still use it- I mean, if you have Kendo in a fictional work, that doesn't make it non-fictional just because it includes a real thing.

On it muscling on the Old Man, again, I don't really see it.
    The ability itself seems fine.

The muscling in on Old Man Oath's territory comes almost purely from the flexibility of his powers, that's all.

Also, I get the feeling that his sphere of influence is treading on Metta's toes a bit, but that just might be me.

Also, KD, my memory failed me slightly with the hand-forged iron. Fixing that now.
    Last edited by Edge; 2009-10-01 at 07:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really. Teller can mimic Fictional characters, but Metta (once he's powerful enough) could do... well, quite a lot.

Although the look on Metta's face will be priceless when he sees, say, Byakuya about to fight them.

I'm going to put Teller up in the character registry now.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-10-01 at 07:38 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #254

Frankly, I think all the Contract's power levels need changing. I'm thinking something like the below.

Minor: Basic stuff - the kind of abilities (airwalking, not eating/breathing, basic superhuman strength and toughness, etc) that can be taken for granted. There's generally no need to include these on character profiles unless you want to.
    Adequate: The sort of stuff that might show up as an outstanding base ability - above average superhuman speed, or strength, or senses, or very basic control of an element.
    Average: Around Shikai level in terms of power.
    Major: Around Bankai level - however, most Bankai have more than one ability, while a single Major Contract is more one-dimensional.
    Supreme: Gamebreakers, were it not for a drawback of some kind. Generally work out as Cool But Impractical, or a Useless Useful Spell. Most often this is becoming an embodiment of the subject of the contract, with all its drawbacks.

Minor: No real need to mention, unless it's something odd.
    Adequate: Most Gold and Silver Court Fae will have a few worth mentioning.
    Average: Most
    Major: Most high-level Silver Court Fae will have one. Gold Court fae can have two or even three.
    Supreme: At most, a Gold Court Fae will have one of these.
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

That works... so much better.

Just so it can be stated, I was never going to 'summon' more than one Contract with Old Man Oath's Supreme Contract, if it is any consolation.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

That makes my guy defenitely Gold.

Which fits with his aspect, anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my guy is up now.

Personally, my favourite bit is what I put for a Title. "The One Who Ignores The Fourth Wall, The Bastard."

Deadtime, for anything from 5 to 8 hours, depending on what my body clock feels like.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-10-01 at 08:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #258

Shexux, Squirming Heir To Nature's Corruption, has been added.

Deadtiming.

Kinkuzo: Rebuilding 12th Division, presumably waiting on Lance.
    Maru: Feeling oddly anticipatory.
    Low-Seated 12th: Looking at bones, looking at fae-related info.
    G&O: Spying on Siegfried and the Faescarred.
    Merubin: At the ARC camp.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    HZ: Contract of Beauty should change name to Vainglory. Written word begins to tread on Old Man Oath's abilities.
    Vainglory fits much better, yes.

And I suppose the Contract of the Written Word does impinge a bit. But I didn't know Old Man Oath's abilities, so hardly my fault. I'll need to give him a rehaul, then.

PM heading your way soon.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Due to the timey-wimey ball generated by Lorolar's extended deadtime, I need some opinions: should Siegfried know of the truce or not?
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

whoops... um, not deadtimed. Thanks for the prompt *appologises and rushes off to post*
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

np; I was actually referring to your earlier deadtime, but that's helpful too.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe Siegfried should get his truce warning after the thing with the britons is over. Also, have him receive a butterfly from Hideki before that happens, informing him that the crown was sealed in such a fashion that the Kido Corps won't bother with the trouble of breaking the seals just so two random fellas from britain can try to destroy it. Specially after numerous attempts at brutal testing failed.

Bet 12th division would have vibrating reishi roundsaws and drills. These things are the best, cut everything that can be cut and pierce everything that can be pierced.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds viable; do you mean that Hideki already knows what's going on in the Mortal World, and sends him a Hell Butterfly, or that that will be his response when Siegfried sends notification?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

That is actualy just Hideki performing a courtesy and informing Siegfried that the object that caused the deaths of numerous members of his squad is never going to see daylight again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah; that would make great sense.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

This all feels a bit like when it was stated that Owynn ap Morrigna had a "major contract with speed" and was then stated to be "as fast as speed itself". Maybe it cheesed me off because it specifically undermined my character (yet again) as pretty much the fastest thing around (barring, say, Daisuke and Toho). But the nature of the major and supreme contracts just begs for abuse.
    Actually, that particular example has a few advantages. Because of its variable nature, the Major Contract of Celerity seemed to add to game balance more than it disrupted it. Satoshi can use his amazing speed against anyone or anything, whether it's a stationary wall or the former Decima. The owner of this contract, on the other hand, can only move that fast when s/he's fighting someone else who moves that fast. If they picked a fight with an unseated, then (IIRC) that incredible speed from before would vanish in an instant. In other words, Satoshi's version is far more useful than the contract, because he gets to outmatch others while the fae can only ever fight on an even footing.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

So wait.. My contract that grants strength only makes me as strong as my opponent?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

No, that was just the Major Contract of Celerity.

The lower rank Contracts provided speed boosts, Major provides you with the speed that would be required to win a given fight.

Supreme Celerity would be absolute haxx and is hereby forbidden.

30. - Top - End - #270

I can assure the speedster characters in the game that Toho will not be dusting them any time soon, or ever. His mundane movement has been, and always will be, typically on the low end of average in relation to his in-game potency. His displays of quickness lie with his rare (but respectable) 'blink' movements (as flash steps and the like are, as far as I'm aware, primarily skill based as opposed to being mostly dependent on one's inherent celerity) and in his superior reaction time (especially when he is literally in his opponent's head).

While I have been updating Toho's wiki page as his abilities are revealed in-game (in much the same way the the canon wiki does in regards to the manga/anime villains) if the collective ceases to feel that such an approach is no longer kosher... I will happily lay all of his cards face up on the table. I like to think that this method will keep the interest and tension levels higher, but the will of the masses is the only will as far as I'm concerned.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.