Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1247
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Fortuitous Findings in Foraging: A Study, Part II

Spoiler
    Show
    plus (2d6)[6]fire plus (1d6)[3] cold to Therandil.
    (1d20+13)[25] Reflex Save for Marros vs. Awesome Blow

Ahh hilarious timing. Just logged in, posting action.
    Great, I forgot to roll Marros' Attack Rolls

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Breathing heavily, Marros staggers with shock at the druids revival. It seemed stronger somehow....he must keep moving, he could not falter! Throwing himself towards the glowing form, he swept his legs low, aiming to drop the creature, and drive it into the ground. Calling out to the dwarves, he shouts, Paladin! I and the sorcerer have been drained! With his final strike, Marros vanishes, only to reappear once more above the Druid, heel crashing down like a falling star.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack, starting with a trip. At least he's not a bear anymore...

(1d20+31)[43] Touch attack
    Trip check: (1d20+17)[18]

If tripped free attack:
    (1d20+31)[44]
    (4d6+25)[37](1d6)[5]fire(1d4)[2]force
    Normal attacks: +4 if target is prone
    (1d20+31)[36]
    (4d6+25)[37](1d6)[3]fire(1d4)[4]force
    (1d20+31)[33]
    (4d6+25)[46](1d6)[6]fire(1d4)[4]force
    (1d20+31)[40]
    (4d6+25)[33](1d6)[6]fire(1d4)[4]force
    (1d20+31)[45]
    (4d6+25)[38](1d6)[2]fire(1d4)[3]force
    (1d20+31)[32]
    (4d6+25)[38](1d6)[5]fire(1d4)[3]force
    (1d20+31)[33]
    (4d6+25)[36](1d6)[2]fire(1d4)[1]force
    (1d20+26)[32]
    (4d6+25)[37](1d6)[5]fire(1d4)[3]force
    (1d20+26)[29]
    (4d6+25)[31](1d6)[6]fire(1d4)[4]force

Then porting for one final smash.
    (1d20+31)[40]
    (4d6+25)[43](1d6)[3]fire(1d4)[2]force

Well, lets hope the bear rolls low on his opposed trip check.

Deleting above post. I'm only on for a short time.

Dark Tide
    For the record? It scares the heck outta me, and that's awesome.
    Last edited by Todash; 2012-03-03 at 05:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Return: Marros Darkeyes
    Shadows of the Colossus: Ulric
    Flying Cities:Rourke Irontracker
    Scions of Stonehall:Reorn Strongheart
    Kung Fu:Shang Ji-You

3. - Top - End - #1083

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    It'd hit Marros too, and hurt Alex's body.
    Marros has high Reflexes and Spell Resistance.
    Alex is at -60 HP, so *shrug*
    Of course, once Quan figures that Marros' on his side, he'll probably try not to torch him.

Well, honestly, the way I'm ruling it is that, with his utter possession and control of Dresden, Acererak has all the advantages of being undead and yet still alive and human, while greatly mitigating the penalties of either.
    So he's healed by both Positive and Negative Energy, has undead immunities and non of the vulnerabilities, doesn't need to eat or sleep, has Life Sense, etc., right?

Why do you keep Alex on the Intiative List? He's the only contribution he could make to the fight would be if someone triped on him.

Oh GAWD, HARLEY MISSED!
    : I may be in error, but I believe the appropiate proclamation is "Sneak Attack, bitch."

Thoughts on fanfiction.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack, starting with a trip. At least he's not a bear anymore...
    Definitely not a bear...

For the record? It scares the heck outta me, and that's awesome.
    Has anyone noticed that Acererak referred to a 'dark tide' in his battle?

Marros has high Reflexes and Spell Resistance.
    Something Quan doesn't know, remember?

Alex is at -60 HP, so *shrug*
    True... There isn't much of a body.

So he's healed by both Positive and Negative Energy, has undead immunities and non of the vulnerabilities, doesn't need to eat or sleep, has Life Sense, etc., right?
    Not as black and white like that, I haven't actually statted it out, but its something to consider, that as progression goes, Acererak has gone beyond demi-lich status, even if he hasn't grabbed any divine ranks.

Why do you keep Alex on the Intiative List? He's the only contribution he could make to the fight would be if someone triped on him.
    Maybe's he's not dead and its part of an illusion!

Initiative Order
    Therandil
    Ghost Prisoner 1(Troll)
    Druid
    Kurjan
    Marros
    Harley
    Holly
    Reg, Quan, Lakkam, Hammer!
    Charred Horror
    Rangers, Orcs
    Ghost Prisoner 2(Troll)

Picking himself up off the ground, Therandil is subjected to another powerful blow from the vengeful tree of fire, ice and darkness.
    It roars up at him as he flies away, far from its reach.
    "Drygioni gwanhau Streic Fflam"
    Another pillar of fire, with dark motes of light dancing among the flames, falls from the sky, engulfing Marros and the wolf in its roiling heat.
    But once again, the fire doesn't touch Marros, ineffectively licking his skin as his own protections offer a resistance to the fell druid's magic.
    Breathing heavily, Marros staggers with shock at the druids revival. It seemed stronger somehow....he must keep moving, he could not falter! Throwing himself towards the glowing form, he swept his legs low, aiming to drop the creature, and drive it into the ground. Calling out to the dwarves, he shouts, Paladin! I and the sorcerer have been drained! With his final strike, Marros vanishes, only to reappear once more above the Druid, heel crashing down like a falling star.
    The druid sway back and forth, and Marros realizes he's literally punched the flesh straight of the dead man's bones...
    ...it hangs and sticks in gobby chunks from his hands, and small sparks of black lightning skip from the traces of druid back to the swaying corpse before him.
    The 'paladin' looses a bolt fo glory from the black clouds above, and the druid screams, "Aaaaaaaaaaaargh! Mae'n llosgi!"
    He explodes in a burst of negative energy, that draws sparks and small bursts of lightning from the
    And then he finds himself being lifted from his feet in a terrific blow as the Charred Horror, stamping across the courtyard delivers another fiery and ice choked blow, slams Marros across the courtyard onto his face.
    The orcs, failing, begin to break on the dwarf spears, though Therandil notices a few who'd been killed appear to be rising anew as undead zombies...
    There is a crashing noise as a window breaks, and the sorceror sees Harley diving after the returned Kurjan, knives flashing.

Druid is dead. Marros is threatened by the Charred Horror, and is prone.

5. - Top - End - #1085

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    YES!! Hopefully the druid stays dead this time.

Dang, that tree got all the way from the south, around the building, to me? Did Marros take any damage, or just go flying?

(1d20+33)[52] perception to spot Kurjan
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+33)[52] perception to spot Kurjan
    Why is Marros looking for him?
    A big flaming tree, that's doing ice damage, as well as tossing about flaming energy just slapped him onto his face, and he's looking for a necromancer?

Did Marros take any damage, or just go flying?
    (2d6+18)[27] plus (2d6)[11] fire plus (1d6)[1] cold
    Plus flying.

7. - Top - End - #1087

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Why did Harley leave the druid/Orcs alone?

Because there is clearly crazy stuff going on here, and Marros is fairly certain the Orc is the puppet master. The prisoners, the ghosts, things continuing to pop up as undead, the Spell that tried to grapple him, the druids resurrection, summoning the charred horror.

All of these scream "An evil Necromancer is pulling the strings" and Marros has the foresight, and presence of mind to realize it, even with a flaming tree vying for his attention. Not to mention the ability to somewhat easily escape the tree.

I'd imagine the DC to spot the sorcerer is pretty high, especially with the Giving Tree in my face, but a 52 should be juuuuust enough to see whether he brushed his teeth or not this morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1088

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Something Quan doesn't know, remember?
    Good point.
    This also reminds me of something. How can NPCs tell which class you are? A wizard should be pretty obvious, just some guy in a dress and carrying a book around, but telling the difference between a cleric, a paladin and a fighter could be difficult (until they summon a horse or start blasting undead). Not really important, but I've always been curious about that.

Not as black and white like that, I haven't actually statted it out, but its something to consider, that as progression goes, Acererak has gone beyond demi-lich status, even if he hasn't grabbed any divine ranks.
    'kay. I just hope he ends up with a weakeness of some kind *DM Evil Laugh*. Maybe Dresden's allergic to cats?

He's the only contribution he could make to the fight would be if someone triped on him.
    *Smacks self with grammar book*

Druid is dead. Marros is threatened by the Charred Horror, and is prone.
    IN SPOILERS!

but a 52 should be juuuuust enough to see whether he brushed his teeth or not this morning.
    He's a Chaotic Evil (likely) orc necromancer. Of course he brushed his teeth!
    : I may be in error, but I believe the appropiate proclamation is "Sneak Attack, bitch."

Thoughts on fanfiction.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Why did Harley leave the druid/Orcs alone?
    "An evil Necromancer is pulling the strings"
    Because there is clearly crazy stuff going on here, and Marros is fairly certain the Orc is the puppet master. The prisoners, the ghosts, things continuing to pop up as undead, the Spell that tried to grapple him, the druids resurrection, summoning the charred horror.
    Yes, but he'd start looking for him NOW, when he just got hit by a tree, and I just revealed where he is?

I'd imagine the DC to spot the sorcerer is pretty high, especially with the Giving Tree in my face, but a 52 should be juuuuust enough to see whether he brushed his teeth or not this morning.
    I have no problem with the DC, I have a problem with the fact he's making the Check.

How can NPCs tell which class you are?
    They make a judgement based on their experiences.

10. - Top - End - #1090

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a problem with the fact he's making the Check.
    Okay, we're getting into DM philosophy territory now. (Note: My action is made below, the following is for conversational purposes only.)

Generally player characters are considered to be aware of their surroundings. Where the bad guys generally are, terrain features etc. They aren't fighting with their eyes closed and their ears plugged up, even if they aren't actively making spot/listen checks. They technically could make them every round, but that would be silly and waste a lot of time.

Normally they are made in automatic reactive fashion, (To oppose a hide/stealth check for example), or occasionally to see if the character sees something that the player knows about (For example: On the map, there is a village with guards on the tower up ahead, does my character see it from this distance?)

The situation with Kurjan is the latter. I know he's out in the open, and that Marros is a very perceptive guy, but he's got tree in his face, so I rolled a check. It takes no action, he's not sitting there on the ground, slowly scanning left to right, it's more of a "did he notice the necro crash through the window with Harley after him?" That said, it doesn't matter at the moment, I realized my action needed to be something drastically different.

Battered and bloody, Marros stared up at the flaming tree before him. It had caught him unawares, and it's flames dwarfed that which wreathed his fists. His strength was drained, he bled from numerous wounds, and his muscles ached. The heat surrounding him was intense, but the coolness of his mind mocked the fire that raged outside. His body may be flagging, but his will never would.

Forcing his battered flesh to move, he somersault backwards, rolling to his feet, and jumping over a swinging branch. Turning his jump into a backflip, he kept spinning and twisting until he reached the cool wall behind him. Then with a shallow bow, he vanished.

Spoiler
    Show
    Little fuzzy on details without a map, but here's the breakdown. Stands up for free, 5 foot step, and tumble away from the charred horror (auto succeeds) to the edge of the wall that is clear of any threatening enemies. Then pretend to be escaping, while using Abundant step to port to the top of the fortress tower roof.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, we're getting into DM philosophy territory now. (Note: My action is made below, the following is for conversational purposes only.)
    Okay, and even if I were to slap circumstantial modifiers onto him, he'd still see him with that roll, so Marros would notice anyways.

Stands up for free
    I see this... But is that a 'stand up for free without provoking an Attack of Opportunity'?
    =P

Then pretend to be escaping, while using Abundant step to port to the top of the fortress tower roof.
    35 ft. high, just out of the Charred Horror's reach unless it Jumps or Climbs.

Solid stuff. Just need actions for A_S.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, and even if I were to slap circumstantial modifiers onto him, he'd still see him with that roll, so Marros would notice anyways.

Stands up for free
    I see this... But is that a 'stand up for free without provoking an Attack of Opportunity'?
    =P

Then pretend to be escaping, while using Abundant step to port to the top of the fortress tower roof.

Solid stuff. Just need actions for A_S.

13. - Top - End - #1093

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    =P
    Most assuredly!

Meep, was looking to port a bit further away than that, kinda hard to specify without a map. Perhaps a nice tower on the opposite side of the courtyard? One with a view and complimentery champagne. :smallsmile
    :
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Meep, was looking to port a bit further away than that, kinda hard to specify without a map. Perhaps a nice tower on the opposite side of the courtyard? One with a view and complimentery champagne. :smallsmile

PCs and their outrageous demands...
    ...fine!

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Bugbear in the Playground

"For real this time!" Therandil shouts, and dives toward Harley and Kurjan, arcane destruction flashing around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Fly directly toward Kurjan.
    Standard: Cast Wings of Flurry on Kurjan and any other hostiles (orcs, ghosts, zombies, the tree) that are in range for (14d6)[47] damage

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[30] Kurjan's Reflex Save
    auto-succeeds to cast defensively

Harley grins at Kurjan as he sees Therandil coming.
    Holding still, the assassin laughs as the blades hack at Kurjan's flesh, leaving him unharmed.
    The orc snarls, spitting at Therandil in rage, "Tlez ezm't ovir! Mot yit! Mot by a homg zlot! Rulasso!"
    "NO!"
    Harley slams the axe down where Kurjan had been lying, snarling as the orc escapes his wrath.
    Battered and bloody, Marros stared up at the flaming tree before him. It had caught him unawares, and it's flames dwarfed that which wreathed his fists. His strength was drained, he bled from numerous wounds, and his muscles ached. The heat surrounding him was intense, but the coolness of his mind mocked the fire that raged outside. His body may be flagging, but his will never would.
    The tree roars down at the monk.
    Forcing his battered flesh to move, he somersault backwards, rolling to his feet, and jumping over a swinging branch. Turning his jump into a backflip, he kept spinning and twisting until he reached the cool wall behind him. Then with a shallow bow, he vanished.
    And reappears at the top of the south-east tower.
    He sees the orc vanish, and the Charred Horror charge into the weighting dwwarves, dispensing ice, fire and negative energy in a burning whirlwind of death.
    The building closest to it has caught fire...

17. - Top - End - #1097

DruidGuy

Up above the raging fire, Marros lands lightly on the roof. Pulling his faithful Oathbow from his pack, his eyes flare with arcane sight once more as he scans the area around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating True Seeing again. Perception: (1d20+33)[46] Doubt I'll see Kurjan, so I'll proceed. Reserve right to retcon if check reveals something of interest. :)

Taking sight at the tree raging below him, he draws the string back, hearing the whisper of the bow as he sights in, and speaks aloud, "I swear to give you peace. and looses with a blur as the bow proclaims "Swift death to those who have wronged me! as arrows streak towards the Undead treant, crackling with magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your elven translator doesn't have words for "swear" or "give"? Lame.

Oathbow become +5/+2d6dmg against the tree, MW against everyone else until the tree dies.

Burning a stunning fist use for Ki Shot, ignores range penalties, adds my Ki strike to shots:

(1d20+32)[34]
    (1d8+22)[27]+(2d6)[8]+(1d6)[6]fire
    (1d20+32)[40]
    (1d8+22)[29]+(2d6)[7]+(1d6)[6]fire
    (1d20+32)[36]
    (1d8+22)[23]+(2d6)[5]+(1d6)[5]fire

Last edited by Todash; 2012-03-07 at 02:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Your elven translator doesn't have words for "swear" or "give"? Lame.
    Get interesting.
    Promise.
    Gift.
    Don unto you.

Oathbow become +5/+2d6dmg against the tree, MW against everyone else until the tree dies.
    Okay...
    ...this just got personal.

Is it okay that I fluff the targets of the oathbow here the oath?

The charred horror squeezes a squealing and burning dwarf between the massive branches that serves as its fingers.
    Flaming coals glare across the courtyard at Marros.
    "Peace is a lie."

19. - Top - End - #1099

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post
    Get interesting.
    Promise.
    Gift.
    Don unto you.

I don unto you peace?

Okay...
    ...this just got personal.
    Wait, it's personal because I used my Oathbow on it, or because I dealt nasty damage?

Is it okay that I fluff the targets of the oathbow here the oath?
    My sense of the dramatic says, hell yes. My sense of "not wanting Oasys' monsters to magically know right where I am whenever I use it" says no.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, it's personal because I used my Oathbow on it, or because I dealt nasty damage?
    Both.
    XD

My sense of the dramatic says, hell yes. My sense of "not wanting Oasys' monsters to magically know right where I am whenever I use it" says no.
    Mhmmm, good point.
    What if they just hear it, but in no way can identify the voice?

Notice...
    ...the stupid tree is TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. - Top - End - #1101

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Mmm, it still warns them of attack.....

Okay, but I expect you to rule no dex bonuses on suprise attacks properly. No advantage due to overly awesome dramabow.

Both.
    XD
    Don't forget, arrows are magic/adamantine/silver, in case of DR or somesuch!

Notice...
    ...the stupid tree is TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought treants could normally talk? Also, Tongues, Marros talks to all sorts of wierd things!

Kickass moment though. I would kill to see this fight thus far in a movie/game somesuch.

Now to settle in and wait for A_S.

(no offense A_S! )
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Now to settle in and wait for A_S.
    At least your character is still alive. All I can do right now is read how Missat and Oasys try to kill each other. I guess I'll go make some changes to Alex's weapons and armor. Not sure if reducing the +3 bonus on the rapier is a good idea, though.

Thoughts on fanfiction.

23. - Top - End - #1103

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure the only reason I AM alive, is because you held that druids attention, by yourself, for what, 4, 5 rounds? If he'd gotten even one hit on me, I'd be down.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    At least your character is still alive. All I can do right now is read how Missat and Oasys try to kill each other. I guess I'll go make some changes to Alex's weapons and armor. Not sure if reducing the +3 bonus on the rapier is a good idea, though.
    Actually, I owe Alex a life.
    "As a vampire" means once per round.
    The druid did it three times in one round.

25. - Top - End - #1105

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure the only reason I AM alive, is because you held that druids attention, by yourself, for what, 4, 5 rounds? If he'd gotten even one hit on me, I'd be down.
    To be honest, it was probably because I was the closest one to him. Therandil was flying and Marros was punching holes through ghosts and orcs. Alex was just there trying to Faerie Fire Kurjan with his bow.

Actually, I owe Alex a life.
    "As a vampire" means once per round.
    The druid did it three times in one round.
    So he comes back to life at level 14?
    That would have been 60 HP, leaving him at 56 HP and negative level (46 HP and a penalty to most of his skills and attacks).

Thoughts on fanfiction.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So he comes back to life at level 14?
    Let's just say he was knocked unconscious?

27. - Top - End - #1107

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's just say he was knocked unconscious?
    Works for me.
    Too bad about about the character development I was planning. Meh, I'll say he just dreamt it and he had an epiphany or something.

Thoughts on fanfiction.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Too bad about about the character development I was planning. Meh, I'll say he just dreamt it and he had an epiphany or something.
    Actions please.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Bugbear in the Playground

Therandil grimaces as Kurjan disappears once again, and turns his attention to the charred horror, throwing another missile in its direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round action: Empowered Magic Missile on the tree.

damage - (5d4+5)[21] * 1.5 = 31
    Last edited by A_S; 2012-03-08 at 01:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1110

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions please.
    Sorry! I thought we were going with him being knocked out and needing healing to wake up (sort of like stabilizing when in negative HP).
    I'll also need to retcon his death scene.

Stirring from unconciousness, Alex painfully stands up. He had been knocked out, it seemed. Aching all over, he retreats to a somewhat safer location while quickly looking around, trying to understand what was going on and to find the druid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: stand up from prone (no AoO)
    Move action: move 30 ft away from closest group of enemies
    Standard action: taking 10 on Perception (total 28) to find the druid and to get an idea of what the heck is going on.

I have a question about the 2 negative levels he has. Are they regular (temporal) negative levels (-1 to all attacks, skills, saving throws, 5 HP less) or are they actual level loss? I need to know so I can calculate his current HP.

Thoughts on fanfiction.