New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Final Fantasy

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post

Also, what do people think about the Gogo-is-Terra's-mom theory?
    The whatnow theory?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Can I do that wind god gau thing with my ps1 re-release of the game? I looked it up and it said snes version, but I wasnt sure if that counted.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Can I do that wind god gau thing with my ps1 re-release of the game? I looked it up and it said snes version, but I wasnt sure if that counted.
    Think you can't equip Merit Award on Gau there, so no. You can do it on Gogo copying Rage though.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

As crappy as Umaro is, I really like him. Dunno.

First I've heard of that one. I've only heard of the following theories regarding Gogo:

Spoiler
    Show
    Theory 1: Gogo is Daryl, Setzer's former rival/lover, with amnesia. Evidence being that during the cutscene the Falcon seemed to crashland on Triangle Island where you find Gogo in the Zone Eater.

Theory 2: Gogo is the son of Daryl and Setzer. Daryl was with child when she crashlanded, somehow survived and gave birth. Daryl eventually died, but the child was just old enough to learn how to survive on his own by mimicking the creatures around him.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Spamalot in the Playground

As crappy as Umaro is, I really like him. Dunno.
    Umaro is not bad. With his custom Rage Ring he can dish out decent physical damage. Mileage with the Blizzard Orb varies.

That... that's a new Gogo theory I've not heard of.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I have heard that square is releasing a mega collection in Japan with them all together. that would be awesome, but transferring them all to digital emulations may bring more business.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1005 View Post
    I have heard that square is releasing a mega collection in Japan with them all together. that would be awesome, but transferring them all to digital emulations may bring more business.
    By "all" of them, do you mean say, every one of the numbered ff games? Will it include tactics and other games like crystal chronicles? Or will they go full insanity, and release a console version of everything, including the gameboy to ds handhelds as well? If its the last one, I would pay just about any price to get my hands on it. That would be something like 28 titles all combined currently. Im lucky, in that I already have almost all of the numbered fantasy games with the consoles, because without a lot of ebay trolling, its hard to find copies anymore for a decent price. Too be able to fill in the gaps in my library and include all those random games from older systems would be priceless.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

By "all" of them, do you mean say, every one of the numbered ff games? Will it include tactics and other games like crystal chronicles? Or will they go full insanity, and release a console version of everything, including the gameboy to ds handhelds as well? If its the last one, I would pay just about any price to get my hands on it. That would be something like 28 titles all combined currently. Im lucky, in that I already have almost all of the numbered fantasy games with the consoles, because without a lot of ebay trolling, its hard to find copies anymore for a decent price. Too be able to fill in the gaps in my library and include all those random games from older systems would be priceless.
    I will fully agree with this. I to have most of the numbered entries, but the ones that were released on Gameboy and other handhelds I actually don't have very many, and it would be so incredibly awesome to be able to own and play them all.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The link that I read was saying only numbered games across NES, SNES PS1-2. But Yes the WHOLE collection would be awesome. IDK if they will release int he US, and as of now i heard only japanese language, but it could be pretty epic. I think it was around 40-50,000 Yen

i saw it on an rpgfan website. Looking for the link...
    Last edited by Blue1005; 2012-10-12 at 04:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1005 View Post
    I think it was around 40-50,000 Yen
    As much as I love FF, I would never pay that (unless I were filthy rich).
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

As much as I love FF, I would never pay that (unless I were filthy rich).
    11 games for between 320 and 400 UKP? Sounds reasonable enough to me - it's about what you'd pay for brand new games on release, particularly if you've never played or have lost the older games.

Of course if you have played most of the games or still own them, then the value diminishes dramatically.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    11 games for between 320 and 400 UKP? Sounds reasonable enough to me - it's about what you'd pay for brand new games on release, particularly if you've never played or have lost the older games.

Of course if you have played most of the games or still own them, then the value diminishes dramatically.
    Yeah, I have all of them except for II and III. With the current exchange rate that'd be about $600.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post

Moreso since you can play all the numbered ones, plus many others, on the PS2. In fact, other than the Game Boy ones (not counting the MMO), and the PS3 offering, I think the rest of the series can be played on the PS2.

Origins, Anthology, and Chronicles has 1-6, 7-13 (excepting the MMO) are either for the PS or PS2. Tactics was originally released for PS.

So yea, I'll just stick with my already complete collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Is this link reliable enough?

It has a recollection of all the items it has, such as all the numbered games (from I to XIII, including a game time card for XI), an art book and a soundtrack with selections from all games.

...Quite frankly, I'm more interested in OCRemix's unofficial recollection of FFVI's soundtrack. It has a Kickstarter going on, it's already funded, but it still allows extra funds and their stretch goals are pretty decent (you get 11 discs worth of music, what with FFVI, FFVII and FFIV remixes bundled in).

By the way: are you hopeful that FFXV will be the spark that makes the series shine again? Usually the games with multiples of 3 tend to revitalize the series (YMMV with FF XII, but no one can deny that the classic era of the series began with III, no one denies just how awesome VI was, and people fondly remember IX), and we definitely need a game without Nomura, Kitase and/or Nojima. Plead that this man directs XV, at least.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Is this link reliable enough?

It has a recollection of all the items it has, such as all the numbered games (from I to XIII, including a game time card for XI), an art book and a soundtrack with selections from all games.

...Quite frankly, I'm more interested in OCRemix's unofficial recollection of FFVI's soundtrack. It has a Kickstarter going on, it's already funded, but it still allows extra funds and their stretch goals are pretty decent (you get 11 discs worth of music, what with FFVI, FFVII and FFIV remixes bundled in).

By the way: are you hopeful that FFXV will be the spark that makes the series shine again? Usually the games with multiples of 3 tend to revitalize the series (YMMV with FF XII, but no one can deny that the classic era of the series began with III, no one denies just how awesome VI was, and people fondly remember IX), and we definitely need a game without Nomura, Kitase and/or Nojima. Plead that this man directs XV, at least.

I'd be more interested if they at least went through the effort of bundling them together with an emulator on a smaller number of discs for PS3/360. I know that the box with like 50 discs is more impressive, but really I already own most of those games in their original format. For the most part I don't play them because it is inconvenient to hook up the PS2. I don't even really want/need any changes/updates to the games, just let me slide a disc into my current gen console and play the games, and they'd have my money. Meh.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'd be more interested if they at least went through the effort of bundling them together with an emulator on a smaller number of discs for PS3/360. I know that the box with like 50 discs is more impressive, but really I already own most of those games in their original format. For the most part I don't play them because it is inconvenient to hook up the PS2. I don't even really want/need any changes/updates to the games, just let me slide a disc into my current gen console and play the games, and they'd have my money. Meh.
    Your PS3 can't play PS1 or PS2 games slotted into it?

Surely this is heresy, to have purchased a model incapable of such holy acts.

In all seriousness, this is why you bought the 80 GB version.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll go a step in the opposite direction and wish that it had all the games in their original format and a fancy box to hold them all, with all the extra stuff on current format discs!

But, yeah, definitely pretty. A friend of mine had this:
    Spoiler
    Show

which is 4, 5 & 6 and much nicer looking than any of the US collections.

At a certain point, you aren't aiming at people who want to play the games, but people who have played them thousands of times and want a pretty box set to sit in their collection. While I personally tend to be function over form, I do appreciate the opposite and have been guilty of doing that sort of thing myself!