New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Dark Forest

It's about now that the rain starts. The lean-to keeps off the worst of it, but it's going to be a damp night. "Then we will go at dawn," Kell says. "There is some more stew. You should eat it while it's hot." The fire is sheltered by some of the large boulders in the little cove, so it will probably last most of the night.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Alpha raises his shield to block the incoming bolts, One ducking behind him for cover while he returns fire at the first crossbow-wielding dregling with his own crossbow. With Alpha providing defense and One offense, both far enough away that neither crossbowman should be able angle a shot around the former to strike the latter, they should be just about impossible to hit unless some of the idle swordsman join in on the attack.

First tosses a dagger at the second crossbowman, at the same time dodging and strafing around to avoid from being hit. A lucky bolt does clip across his side, but even that's barely a scratch.
    The Crossbowmen seem to be firing double time. All the soldiers rush the triplets after a few volleys of bolts fly. Red manages to knock off the shield off the blue eyed knight and attracted its attention!

(Edit)

2 crossbowmen are dead and one soldier was hit instead of a crossbowman, he is injured.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-06-11 at 12:52 AM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Campsite]

The hooded figure with glowing eyes in an apparently rather casual fashion does a quick stroll round the campsite, in the process doing a complete 360 degree sweep before walking back over to the other one and engaging in conversation in hushed tones.

"How many do you see?"

"Four, I believe. That should be about right."

"Alright then, let's make sure they're here for the right reason."

The fellow without glow-y eyes steps into the tent for a moment, emerging with a small lamp which he lights and holds up, providing some dim illumination, though not enough to reveal their faces.

"Fellow travellers! It is a cold and wet night, why not come join us so we can share in a little shelter and warmth together?" He calls out loudly, his voice sounding rather old.
    [Campsite]

Jit hears the man, so he heads up. Light isn't an issue for him (the suit has night vision installed), so he'll probably get a good look at their faces unless they are covered.
    That's awfully kind of you. Would you mind telling me where and when I am?

(ref pics for Jit's Ghost suit, I'm working on getting an avatar for it. And the last pic, just the middle one)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #964
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fortress Mountain

They'll see about that.

While the others provide a steady hail of suppressive fire to keep Erin locked on the defensive, one of the cloned troopers hurls a specially designed incendiary grenade, landing it only a few inches away from the shield.

Now, it's worth noting at this juncture the precise mechanics of the 'inferno grenades' used by Excelsior's troops. Unlike traditional incendiary devices, which use thermite payloads to create flares of intense heat and melt through equipment, the inferno grenade is essentially an anti-infantry weapon.

Upon 'detonation' it releases a burst of highly pressurized flammable vapors, which spread outward in a fast-moving wave and mix with the oxygen in the air as they do. Once the gas/oxygen ratio within the cloud exceeds a certain percentage, the vapors ignite in a huge bloom of fire.

In effect, this means that unless that shield of Erin's is entirely airtight the vapors should flow through it and combust on the other side. 'course, the downside of this type of incendiary is there's no blastwave and as mentioned, it doesn't produce nearly so much heat as thermite-based devices. It can burn very badly but is unlikely to result in an instant kill.

Through all thus the turret operators are standing by, flipping through the settings on their visors and keeping an eye out for illusions, invisible foes or other such tricksy tricks.

Elsewhere in the base the commanders watch through the fight via the eyes of their minions, formulating a plan of action. A few toys retrieved from Prometheus's lab should help with Erin's ghostly powers, as should the weapon he enlisted Daedalus to design for Gordon before the dragon was deposed of. Thorium's excursion to Mallside returned just the weapon to counter her lightsabers, while the Kull armor stolen from her very store should help get one of them close enough to use it.

Boletaria- Ramparts

Bolts clatter off Alpha's shield as he falls into a retreat, moving back down the ramp to where the crossbowman can't hit before drawing his axe and meeting the swordsman head on, trying to kick the one in the lead back into the others and stagger the whole group.

One assists in his own manner, splitting from Alpha and firing a few shots into the oncoming mob of soldiers to try and draw them away from his brother.

This presumably leaves First to fight the last crossbowman and two soldiers on his own, assuming the dreglings sent half their number to attack One and Alpha and half to deal with First. Not an enviable position.

Tossing his second dagger at the already wounded soldier, he reaches for his claymore, trying to position himself such that the zombies prevent the crossbowman from getting a clear shot at him.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #965

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Duel

Vriveka stops, and looks around a bit. Where did he-stupid STUPID fairy fire!

If Correl gets within about fifteen feet, Vriveka will turn to face him. She's not actively using her eyes at this point, but trying to sense him with her natural magic. Her magic is not very good for sensing; all it can do is find large life forms nearby.

She also spends this time to charge her electricity, as most of it was used fruitlessly in her last flurry of attacks.
    Duel

The knight realizes she's running out of options and decides to put all his her effort into one attack. Lifting the sword Correl utters a few words of his language and then creates an phantom version of the sword. While the clone looks exactly the same it's just an illusion. It just goes through anything it hits like mist.

Then he let's go of the real sword which suddenly seem to take life of it's own. It flies up into the air and aims to fly around Vrivecka as Correl starts to run towards her.

The knights intentions are to distract the Grig while the sword aims to pierce the armor on her back with a single stab.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

“Well, Lutarus, there are still several issues to deal with. I will order Lathe to carve a cave for you from acid, but in the meantime, you may stay with Misha, and you should talk to your new siblings. I am certain they would be excited to meet you.”

Shade returns as quietly as he left, a raw, still-bloody leg of what was probably a deer, held in his paws. He offers it wordlessly to Lute. And while he's silent, his odd, shiny dark-brown eyes sweep her over once, twice, taking in every detail. Assessing her almost. It's unclear whether or not he likes what he sees, but either way, he still stands mute, almost blending in with the shadows in the cave.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    "Umm... okay, you can feel the scales, and you can feel the Core... that's the electricity you feel in your chest. So you... er..." Touch the Core? How to put that into words? How to describe something that feels as natural to her as breathing? She'll have to start again if she's to make any sense.

"A Lairan dragon's Core is the essence of energy, fed from blood, or from energy for those who know how to cheat." She winks at him. "You can tap into the energy if you try, and use it to extend the scales and change shape. It ought to come more or less naturally."

"Here." She lets go of his hand to rummage in her bag and pull out...

A mirror! She hands it to him. "Memorize your looks. Your face, the length of your hair, eye color, cheekbone shape. Every minor detail must be accurate if you are to change back afterwards. Surely you must think this is obvious, but you really must remember everything. And that's not always easy to do when you wear the skin of a dragon."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Louv're Tower
    Megan is completely unimpressed by the tower, the lobby, and the guards! It all clashes together! But then, she's not here for building consultation and interior decoration. Those are her hobbies, not her job.
    And now, to her displeasure, she's being put back into a small space with too many people!
    She walks into the elevator and stands there, waiting to go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Louvre Tower

Cyrus (who is totally here too, since he was assigned to the same job) follows in the manner expected. On the way, however, he takes a good look around with his enhanced vision, attempting to clearly identify any possible magical enhancements to the Guards, their equipment, or the Tower itself.

Essentially, he's doing a thorough scan for magic in the area.
    Outside Trogs

Pyrus frowns. He stares at the mirror awkwardly. Erm...okay? I'm staring...now what?

Louv're Tower

Well, the elevator beckons with it's chrome and shining silver buttons. Two guards in white and chrome batttlesuits brandishing huge guns walk into the elevator too, they walk rigidly, their helmets covering their head. Marciano slides a keycard into a slot and starts to enter a long code. Soon he spits out a riddle randomly to the elevator. Why is a raven like a writing desk? A strange female voice rings out. AcessZETA System 12 access. Going up. Marciano shouts out. Oy! Ninnies, ge' in th' shiny lift. Cyrus will be able to see that each of the guards helmets have small traces of magic, some of the machines do, and the elevator is magical. This whole tower pretty much radiates magic combined with metal. This is a strange place.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

[Campsite]

Reinholdt glances over at the Mysterious Hooded Figure and sniffs from the cold. Or rather because he smelled a plot hook of some sort. Even if it was an attempt to mug them. Should be interesting either way. MHFs always are.

With a shrug, he turns off Quest Road to follow the MHF to this warmth he promised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

“Well, Lutarus, there are still several issues to deal with. I will order Lathe to carve a cave for you from acid, but in the meantime, you may stay with Misha, and you should talk to your new siblings. I am certain they would be excited to meet you.”

Shade returns as quietly as he left, a raw, still-bloody leg of what was probably a deer, held in his paws. He offers it wordlessly to Lute. And while he's silent, his odd, shiny dark-brown eyes sweep her over once, twice, taking in every detail. Assessing her almost. It's unclear whether or not he likes what he sees, but either way, he still stands mute, almost blending in with the shadows in the cave.
    Lute nods, taking in the information.

She'd have her own cave? That'd be awesome but she wouldn't want to be alone...maybe she could include some fish. Sure the cost would be that dozens of fish would disappear from the seas but it'd be worth it. They'd be in a safe place.

Lathe? Who's that? Acid? That element doesn't sound too friendly... guess I'd have to meet him eventually but I guess I should thank him when he carves my cave.

Lute wouldn't mind staying with Misha. She was the only sibling that had acutally talked to her thus far but the others...excited to meet me?! Suuuuure... the first two people who I encountered within the cave ran away from me the second they saw me and judging by all the ruckus coming from the ominous noises coming from the caves... she sighs. They'll definetly be interesting that's for sure.

Lute's increased senses allow her to detect Shade who re-approaches. She closes her eyes for several seconds to get used to her senses then reopens them to see Shade with raw, bloody meat in front of her. She backs up slightly, hesitating about the new kind of delicacies she would be dining on.
    "What is that?" She asks, slightly worried.

When he hands over the meat to her she stares constantly from the meat to Shade, slightly nervous. Especially due to the fact that he appears to be analyzing her.
    "Ummm...Ummm... thank you," she says, softly whilst she takes the raw meat but not keeping it anywhere near her mouth.
    She briefly glances at Shade once more.
    "Hmmm...It appears I'm still intrigued..."

10. - Top - End - #970
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Alloy Mines]

That seems pretty silly Cat. If the space marines had wanted to kill them they could have just shot them a whole bunch. That would have been a whole lot easier.

Anyway...

The doom blast causes all of the fasteners in the machine's drill arm to suddenly become loose, resulting in the force of the spinning drill cuasing the whole assembly to fly to pieces!

WOOSH!

"Gah!" Freddie cries out as he drops prone to avoid the better part of the sailing bolts, rivets, and bits of sheet metal. With him flat on the ground the machine decides that trying to stomp him would be a great idea.

Freddie rolls under the attack, directly under the machine, and blasts it in the soft exposed underbelly!

Except the underbelly really isn't any softer than the rest of the robot.
    They're a sacrifce! To their mining machines.

Anyway...
    Cat will duck out of the way!
    Not so very gracefully, but it will do.

Once safe, she'll shoot another bolt.
    And careful not to hit Freddie!
    Hitting him would be baaaaaaaaaaaad.
    And he'd probably be pretty angry
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

11. - Top - End - #971
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Hrrwum hrrwum Hrrwum HrrwumHrrwumHrrwumrwumrwumrwum...

That is the sound of Vriveka making the electricity loop around her, basically making an electromagnet. A very strong electromagnet... any ferrous metal in the vicinity is suddenly going to find itself pulled toward Vriveka very quickly.

This may mess with Correl's plan... of course, if Correl touches Vriveka all that energy is probably going to be a nasty shock.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

Actually, it's questionable if she really can pick up Shade even with her senses, especially as they're still new and untrained. He moves unnaturally quietly. Still, she may hear the very faint click as his claws tap the floor of the caverns.

“Do not thank me for what you do not want.” He speaks? Not only that, but her speaks properly, with a deep, yet silken-smooth voice. “It's obvious by how you look at it. Undoubtedly, you did not eat that before you came. Unfortunately, it is what you must eat now. It tastes better than you'd think. You have a dragon's sense of taste now, sister.” A faint tinge of pity stands out in his voice.

Draaxar is the quiet one now, content to be a large, ominous figure, emanating heat at insane temperatures, and listening to the conversation to judge Lute's personality from it.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Melody Island}

Vincent waits. Perfectly still, staring in the direction he's staring. Occasionally he makes an impatient gesture at the screen, but otherwise continues to do nothing.
    Caroline stretches out. Mmmmm. Sits up, and smacks her lips a couple times. Where are we? she asks, looking around the unfamiliar surroundings.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody Island}

Vincent doesn't say anything, being totally unmoving and staring at the same space still.

After a little bit, he taps his foot impatiently for a few seconds, before returning to that same vacant look.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #975

[Alloy Mine]

Freddie would be upset about getting blasted with the doom-stick, yes. Pretty much without question in fact. It would probably do something terrible and unmentionable to him. So terrible in fact that it isn't going to be mentioned.

Thankfully the robot is big and he's under it. There are plenty of non-Freddie locations to fire at and cleanly miss him.

Another blast! This time around all the joints in its other arm fuse, causing its laser to point harmlessly into the ceiling. With both of its main weapons disabled the machine must resort to stomping on people with its spidery legs. And it seems intent to make good with what tools it has available.

Mainly by trying to stomp on Freddie.

The Huldra catches the stompy limb, the ground fracturing around him from the weight! Seems he's really straining down there.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmćre Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Melody Island}

Vincent doesn't say anything, being totally unmoving and staring at the same space still.

After a little bit, he taps his foot impatiently for a few seconds, before returning to that same vacant look.
    Caroline stands up and looks into his eyes. Vincent? Caroline tries to tap his shoulder.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #977

Louv're Tower

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Louv're Tower

Well, the elevator beckons with it's chrome and shining silver buttons. Two guards in white and chrome batttlesuits brandishing huge guns walk into the elevator too, they walk rigidly, their helmets covering their head. Marciano slides a keycard into a slot and starts to enter a long code. Soon he spits out a riddle randomly to the elevator. Why is a raven like a writing desk? A strange female voice rings out. AcessZETA System 12 access. Going up. Marciano shouts out. Oy! Ninnies, ge' in th' shiny lift. Cyrus will be able to see that each of the guards helmets have small traces of magic, some of the machines do, and the elevator is magical. This whole tower pretty much radiates magic combined with metal. This is a strange place.

Magtok fidgets uncomfortably, and has totally been here the whole time. All this magicky nonsense bothers the hell out of him. You never know when something as dumb and ugly and lame as wizardry is going to backfire, and when this much of your equipment depends entirely upon it, a catastrophic meltdown is almost guaranteed to happen sooner or later. Let's hope it's later, and long after Magtok has left this dump for greener pastures.

When it's time for everyone to step in the elevator, Magtok winces visibly. Oh gods, trapped in a small metal box with Marciano's stench for more than a zillion floors? Did he die and fall into hell just a moment ago, or is life in the Nexus really being this cruel? Gods, what did he ever do to deserve this torment?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Campsite

Javert follows the figure, looking around silently and giving the other travelers a respectful nod. For now, he doesn't say anything and simply listens, trying to judge his "peers". It'd be a good thing for him to figure out who was and wasn't an amateur.

Dark Forest

Edda nods and crawls over to get a bowl of stew. Her right leg felt numb and distant, but it must be asleep from when she had lain on it after the stunner incident. As she eats, she's quiet and withdrawn for the most part before looking up at Kell. "I'm in your debt. In more ways than one. I have to do something to repay you."

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

DarkForest

"It isn't necessary, ma'am. But if you feel that it is, then..." he reaches over to ruffle Mori's ears. "Be kind to the dogs. And the bees."

The rain continues all night, and by morning, all three of them will be damp, though not soaked through. A few coals from the fire survive to warm the stew for breakfast, but there's no help for having to go out in the rain if they're going to move today.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #980

Duel

The force of the magnet causes the knight to be pulled into her at full force and cause her to get some serious electrocution. But sadly the blade is pulled with the edge first at amazing speed right into the Grig.

While it might not have caused her any damage earlier it was mostly beacuse Correl only liked to cause minor wound. Now on the other hand a magically sharp sword is pulled at impaling speed right into Vrivecka.

This won't end well for either of them.

21. - Top - End - #981

Campsite

"Oh, uh, thanks."

Smiling sheepishly at the others, the Cat Burglar follows after the darkly mysterious and mysteriously dark hooded figure, looking a bit skittish. Always a risk taking a job, never know when it's going to be a sting.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

The blade is magnetically stabbed through Vriveka's chest, coming out the front. At more-or-less the same time, Correl is magnetically pulled into Vriveka and is electrocuted, which also throws Vriveka off-balance and almost makes her fall over.

For having just took a sword through the chest, Vriveka is still very much... not dead nor dying. She looks at Correl (or more-or-less at him, stuff is still blurry) and asks, "So, on a scale of unconscious to peachy keen, where are you?"

23. - Top - End - #983
    Halfling in the Playground

Louv're Tower

There is, all of a sudden, a new passenger in the elevator. Never mind that there wasn't enough space to begin with, he fits without touching anyone or anything. The walls seem to stretch and bend, just enough so they don't have to touch him either.

A tall, middle-aged man in a dapper grey suit stands with the others, quietly looking around at the assembled party. He says nothing, ruffling his similarly grey hair and grinning, repulsiveness only intensifying because of it.

((This is all assuming the Tower is not dimension-locked in some way))
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #984
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Boletaria- Ramparts

Bolts clatter off Alpha's shield as he falls into a retreat, moving back down the ramp to where the crossbowman can't hit before drawing his axe and meeting the swordsman head on, trying to kick the one in the lead back into the others and stagger the whole group.

One assists in his own manner, splitting from Alpha and firing a few shots into the oncoming mob of soldiers to try and draw them away from his brother.

This presumably leaves First to fight the last crossbowman and two soldiers on his own, assuming the dreglings sent half their number to attack One and Alpha and half to deal with First. Not an enviable position.

Tossing his second dagger at the already wounded soldier, he reaches for his claymore, trying to position himself such that the zombies prevent the crossbowman from getting a clear shot at him.
    The Dregling soldiers are no match for the triplets. Some fell from the arrows shot by One or the dagger thrown. The claymore with a heavy attack should pretty much cut in half what's left of the enemy forces. 500 souls go into the party members but no loot whatsoever is dropped.

Red on the other hand got a spear thrust parries and countered. His torso is mpaled by a two-handed greatsword and is kicked to the floor where the triplets were. Surprisingly he isn't bleeding. An advantage of shape shifters. He is still hurt .
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

25. - Top - End - #985
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

Actually, it's questionable if she really can pick up Shade even with her senses, especially as they're still new and untrained. He moves unnaturally quietly. Still, she may hear the very faint click as his claws tap the floor of the caverns.

“Do not thank me for what you do not want.” He speaks? Not only that, but her speaks properly, with a deep, yet silken-smooth voice. “It's obvious by how you look at it. Undoubtedly, you did not eat that before you came. Unfortunately, it is what you must eat now. It tastes better than you'd think. You have a dragon's sense of taste now, sister.” A faint tinge of pity stands out in his voice.

Draaxar is the quiet one now, content to be a large, ominous figure, emanating heat at insane temperatures, and listening to the conversation to judge Lute's personality from it.
    Lutarus looks down at the raw piece of flesh, slightly worried about whether she should eat it or not. She takes a long sigh, closing her eyes then opens them and digs her head down into the meat. Normally she would bring her head back up but it isn't again until all that's left is the bone of the deer leg. She slowly raises her head, silently.
    "Th-thank you," she whispers as she wipes her face clean from the blood.
    The fat on her arms slowly begin to re-appear, her energy now replenished and her voice now normal, no longer rough as if it needed some sort of liquid to make it sound smooth again.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Outside Trogs

Pyrus frowns. He stares at the mirror awkwardly. Erm...okay? I'm staring...now what?

"Now, if you're sure you remember it all, take a deep breath, and focus on the electricity of the Core."

She gently takes the mirror from him again. "You can direct it. You control all electricity now. Send it to the scales. Shift them, draw them out. Send it to the... well, I hardly need to direct it all. You're a dragon, figure it out."

As a guideline for him, she steps back, shoving away the mirror, and begins to change herself. The razor-edged scales burst forth from her skin, tearing open many fine cuts which are promptly blocked as the scales lie over them. The bones rearrange, shift, and even stretch to pull out in a tail. The whole transformation takes about thirty seconds, and at the end, a smallish silver dragon stands in her place, looking at him with gentle yellow eyes.

-----

[Dragon caves]

When Lutarus looks up, Shade is gone again. As focused as she was on the meat, it's doubtful she either heard or saw him leave. But Draaxar hasn't moved from his spot, still watching her.

"Better, Child? Knew you would come to like it. There is little else I can do for you right now, Child. When you feel the need for a magic lesson, or when you desire a dragon-steel knife, you may come back to me. But I will not claim your soul as I do with most of my neices and nephews. You are old enough to protect your own soul."

27. - Top - End - #987
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves]

When Lutarus looks up, Shade is gone again. As focused as she was on the meat, it's doubtful she either heard or saw him leave. But Draaxar hasn't moved from his spot, still watching her.

"Better, Child? Knew you would come to like it. There is little else I can do for you right now, Child. When you feel the need for a magic lesson, or when you desire a dragon-steel knife, you may come back to me. But I will not claim your soul as I do with most of my neices and nephews. You are old enough to protect your own soul."
    Will that guy ever sit still? Lutarus thought in the back of her head. He keeps disappearing then reappearing from the shadows, it's not normal.
    She looks back to Draaxar and pays attention on him.

Lute nods when he asks if she feels better. Her stomach is satisfied so she can't complain. She gives off a friendly smile but there appears to be a deep dark guilt clouding her mind for eating the raw meat in such a barbaric manner but she ignores it.
    "Thank you," Lutarus whispers as she stands, liking the idea of actually learning how to use her abilities, "I shall be back soon then," she says.
    "I'm guessing it's time that I meet my new siblings"

Lutarus begins for the entrance of the cave. She didn't particulary think Draaxar was scary, as long as she remained on his good side. Besides, due to her being undead she's immune to any kind of mind afflicting abilities so it would've most likely have been useless.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-06-12 at 05:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Caroline stands up and looks into his eyes. Vincent? Caroline tries to tap his shoulder.
    {Melody Island}

Vincent is tapped! Remains perfectly still and unreacting though. It's admittedly a change from his usual high amount of energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

"Now, if you're sure you remember it all, take a deep breath, and focus on the electricity of the Core."

She gently takes the mirror from him again. "You can direct it. You control all electricity now. Send it to the scales. Shift them, draw them out. Send it to the... well, I hardly need to direct it all. You're a dragon, figure it out."

As a guideline for him, she steps back, shoving away the mirror, and begins to change herself. The razor-edged scales burst forth from her skin, tearing open many fine cuts which are promptly blocked as the scales lie over them. The bones rearrange, shift, and even stretch to pull out in a tail. The whole transformation takes about thirty seconds, and at the end, a smallish silver dragon stands in her place, looking at him with gentle yellow eyes.

-----
    Pyrus frowns. He does look over at the changed woman. Erm...okay....uh....I'll try. He gently sets down the mirror and close his eyes. Soon, his bones begin to rearrange and his scales show through. In about a minute he's changed in to a dragon too. His yellow eyes flick around.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Someplace where Thenadier is alone]

From the shadows cast by the moon a shadow detaches itself from the ground. The presence is weak and tired as if it ran away from something. The creature's mind is empty and it starts to wander around. In one such area he sees a battle scarred man. From behind the man without knowledge of what it was doing, the shadow copied Thenadier. His form, skills and items have now been duplicated.
    For a moment Shadow Thenadier stands behind Thenadier himself.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element